Support Groups - Twenty-one Day Challenge Club: Everyone Invited

Pages : [1] 2

Amarantha2
05-20-2004, 12:45 PM
Ok, here's the deal! It occurs to me that I'm not really giving this weight management thing my all anymore and I'd better shape up if I wanna, well, shape up!!!

In the interest of shaping up (or for those of us who've already shaped up, maintaining said shape), I'm proposing that darling of weight loss forums, a 21-day challenge!

I'm calling it a club because, after all, this is the miscellaneous clubs section of 3FC. But I'm not proposing that anyone leave their regular group or swear allegiance to the flag of the 21-day challenge or anything.

I'm just inviting all regular posters, lurkers, passersby, droppers-in, miscellaneous folkettes, etc., who want to a 21-day challenge to post it here.

As everyone likely already knows, the 21-dayer is based on the concept (stated by someone somewhere) that it takes 21 days to change a habit. So the rules are you take any positive behavior you want (related to weight loss/maintenance/fitness/health/weight management mindset, etc.) and post your intention to do it for 21 consecutive days. Then you report in (daily would be nice but whenever).

You count up the days; seven days is a block; if you do three consecutive blocks, hey, you did the challenge and receive the admiration of your peers.

BUT (this is the fine print) if you skip a day, you have to start all over again at Day One!

It's actually a really great achievement to do all 21 days!

Anyhow, post thy personal challenge if you wanna.

If you don't wanna, then, well, pooh on you! :p

Amarantha2
05-20-2004, 12:51 PM
Ok, Amarantha, I'll take you up this and post my personal 21-day challenge:

Since I seem to be out of control calorie wise these days, I need to address the calorie control issue. Thusly, I'm challenging myself to eat NO MORE than 1700 calories daily (less would be better but we can't have everything, can we?) for 21 days, starting TODAY (Thursday, May 20). When I complete 21 consecutive days (no matter how many times I have to start over and I'm sure I will), I will buy myself a wonderful reward (to be determined)! ~ Signed, Amarantha!

DAY ONE!

Cerise
05-20-2004, 08:56 PM
OK, Amarantha, here's mine:

5 servings of fruits and veggies per day.

Tomorrow's Day 1. Thanks for doing this again, luv.

Amarantha2
05-21-2004, 02:40 AM
Hooray, we have a second member of the 21-day challenge club!!! Welcome to thee Cerise. That's a very healthy challenge you've got there. You can do it!!! Yowza!

As for me, I'm racking up a successful Day One at 1695 calories. I had to give a part of my corn serving to Old Dog to bring the day in at less than 1700, but I did it. (Old Dog was quite pleased!)

Avoided a binge on the way home from an assignment because of this challenge, so I'm a happy camper!

On to Day Two! Woo-hoo!

Arabella
05-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Here's my challenge: I am going to aim to follow this list every day, and come in and rate myself 1-10 on how well I did on each item.

The List
Early morning prayer/focus/centering:
(Think about what you want for that day-- energies unblocked, open to others, open to joy, etc.)
To do list/plan for the day:
Aerobic exercise:
Flexibility exercise:
Strength training:
Energy work:
Eat only at table when alone:
Creative break:
Make your environment nice:
Groom nicely (remember you're a model!)
Eat only when hungry:
80+ ounces of water:
No white stuff:
Vitamins:
Meditate:
Journal:
Fun:
Socialize:
Evening prayer/focus/centering:
9 fruits/veggies:

ceara
05-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Boo!
Have pulled out of the murky depths for a minute, where I was hiding with Cerise. Have been lurking. Have goals in mind...for this 21 days. Will post them later...However today is Day 1.

Ceara

Amarantha2
05-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Yowza!!! Welcome to Ceara and Arabella, the newest sterling members of the 21-day challenge club!!!! :wave: Huzzah!!! :cheers: I am going to try to embrace brevity and just report that I'm on Day Two of my challenge! Huzzah! This has got me going and I feel really positive. I recalled that in the 21-dayer, a block is usually the full three weeks instead of one week as I previously noted ... so, to each her owneth ... I'm calling my weeks blocks and I'm marchin' around that first one now!!!! :doh: Huzzah! Also should mention that, I believe, Arabella was the first to introduce the 21-day challenge concept to 3FC (should have cited that sooner)!!! How's this for brevity and a run-on graph! :doh:

Amarantha's 21-day challenge to eat no more than 1700 calories per day:

Day 1: 1695, Day 2: ????, Day 3: ????, Day 4: ????, Day 5: ????, Day 6: ????, Day 7: ????, Day 8: ????, Day 9: ????, Day 10: ????, Day 11: ????, Day 12: ????, Day 13: ????, Day 14: ????, Day 15: ????, Day 16: ????, Day 17: ????, Day 18: ????, Day 19: ????, Day 20: ????, Day 21: ????

Arabella
05-21-2004, 11:25 AM
Oh, actually, I think that it was katrinabgood, a lovely woman who posts on another thread who introduced the 21 Day challenge, if memory serves.

Cerise
05-21-2004, 01:53 PM
All right, whoever started the 21-day idea, it's great and I'm happy to be a part of it again.

Day 1 - eat at least five servings of fruit/veggies per day. I have 3 pieces of fruit in my bag for work today, and a Tupperware of mixed greens to eat for lunch. Also, on the lunch menu is root-vegetable soup (the best soup idea I've ever had), chock-full of carrots, potatoes, turnips and beets. If I eat all this, I'm good!

Huzzah!

Amarantha, the 21-day challenge hath already saveth thee from many calories! All hail!

Arabella, if this list changes my life forever, and it may, I'll owe you big-time. Thank you for letting me use it!

Ceara, waiting with bated breath...

Amarantha2
05-22-2004, 01:57 AM
We have four great challengers now (I wrote a long and rather more poetic post to this effect but lost it, so suffice to say, we are four!!!)! Here's to us all! :cheers:

I'm winding up Day Two (woo-hoo) and heading into Day Three (whee)!

Day 1: 1695, Day 1660: ????, Day 3: ????, Day 4: ????, Day 5: ????, Day 6: ????, Day 7: ????, Day 8: ????, Day 9: ????, Day 10: ????, Day 11: ????, Day 12: ????, Day 13: ????, Day 14: ????, Day 15: ????, Day 16: ????, Day 17: ????, Day 18: ????, Day 19: ????, Day 20: ????, Day 21: ???? :flow2:

Cerise
05-22-2004, 03:35 AM
5 servings of fruit/veggies today, check! On to Day 2.

Amarantha2
05-22-2004, 10:51 AM
HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!! The 21-Day Challenge Club Prize Committee hath announced that a small NON-VIRTUAL AWARD OF HONOR will be snail mailed to the first challenger to complete their 21-consecutive days!

This prize program is a one-time offering and will be administered by Amarantha, who is not eligible to win the prize (since obviously she intends to be first and she started first!!! :D )!!! The eligibility caveats are thusly: The prize winner must complete 21-consecutive days of their challenge and be regularly reporting in on their progress to this thread (at least twice a week) because we need to support each other. The winner must notify Amarantha by email or pm of a snail mail address to send the prize (could be a PO box to preserve anonymity, the prize will be small, although the committee doesn't know what it is yet! :coffee: ).

Amarantha hath promised to purchase said prize in a real store, not weave, bead, crochet, knit, carve or otherwise craft it herself! She warns, however, that said prize will be veeeery inexpensive and a mere token of honor for the stalwart 21-day winner!!! (So don't get too excited, challengers)!

In the event a snail mail address is not received from the winner or the winner doesn't want the award or in the event no one wins before July (say, we all give up because we ain't got the stuff), no prize will be awarded. If Amarantha hath already purchased the award she will have sole discretion as to what to do with it! :yes:

Huzzah! Bye all!

;)

Arabella
05-22-2004, 10:58 AM
Did not badly yesterday. Mind you, my behavior is actually just doing the recording every day, so I COULD do poorly indeed and still be in the game. However, in practice I find that reminding me to do these things is very helpful.

Here's yesterday:
Early morning prayer/focus/centering: 10
(Think about what you want for that day-- energies unblocked, open to others, open to joy, etc.)
To do list/plan for the day: 10
Aerobic exercise: 8 - did 30 minute run, might have been good to get in a 30 minute walk to get an hour.
Flexibility exercise: 7 -- did set of tai chi
Strength training: N/A (3x a week)
Energy work: 7 (tai chi)
Eat only at table when alone: 4 (forgot a couple of times, not too bad -- it gets easier to remember)
Creative break: 4 (did a little thinking about garden)
Make your environment nice: 8 (got son to clean house)
Groom nicely (remember you're a model!): 6
Eat only when hungry: 7
80+ ounces of water: 10
No white stuff: 10 (was a good reason not to have one of DS' peanut butter cups!)
Vitamins: 10
Meditate: 2 (started but was interrupted)
Journal: 8
Fun: l (needs work!)
Socialize: 3
Evening prayer/focus/centering: 2 (forgot)
9 fruits/veggies: 8

On to Day 2!

TechAlum
05-22-2004, 11:39 AM
If you all don't mind, I think I will join in on this.

My goal: To not eat after dinner unless I am really, seriosly, tummy rumbling hungry!!!

I was doing really well for a couple of weeks, but have fallen off the wagon this week so maybe a 21 day challenge will help.

Onto day 1....

-Tech

Wildfire
05-22-2004, 12:10 PM
Hidy-ho Challengerettes! Me too, please!

Have been doing a lot of financial planning which, believe it or not, ties into my weight-loss goals. No more running out for coffee, quick lunches out, driving home at lunch time, etc. I will make my evening coffee at home, pack my lunch and go for a stroll to get away from work, and save gas by not getting in the car!

So, my 21-day challenge will be to:

~ follow the South Beach diet as closely as I possibly can
~ to get some exercise each day in one form or another
~ vitamins & calcium daily
~ water
~ report!

Tech, do I remember you from our Alterative Group from a few years back, before they melded us with the Alternachicks and set up a new forum? Glad to have you with us on the challenge!

Cerise
05-22-2004, 01:17 PM
Welcome, TechAlum! An excellent challenge! I do hate that feeling first thing in the morning - that hollow, stretched-out feeling in your tummy when you've binged the night before. Not good.

Ooooh, Amarantha, there's a PRIZE?? Y'know, I'm most likely to win it since mine's the easiest challenge - 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day? Come on!

Seriously, though, I'm making it easy because so far I haven't been able to stick to ONE GOAL that's related to weight loss/fitness/general health. Except for vegetarianism, I guess. Musn't sell myself short.

Anyway, the fruits and veggies was an aspect of my life seriously lacking, so it's a good challenge.

Wildfire, your challenge sounds excellent. Good luck to ya.

Arabella, I do love looking at that list!

I'm gonna go have an apple.

Amarantha2
05-22-2004, 01:56 PM
I love being a Challengerette! Kind of like being back in good ol' Camp Rangerette and watching Sheriff Scotty on TV whilst making s'mores in the living room.

Welcome to Wildfire and TechAlum!!! Huzzah!!!!

Cerise, if thou'll look at my journal thread entries, thou'll see that I'm in AWE of anyone who eats the required amounts of fruits and vege!!! So I think thy challenge be at a level of difficulty I could never aspire to!

In fact all the challenges look hard to me. Mine is just arithmetic.

Happy Trails, campers! :coffee:

SKYFIREFLY
05-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Count me in I will also take this challenge, but it won't totally work for me because I will be out of town and away from my computer for a few days. But what the heck girls it will be a good reminder to try my to keep the weight off and keep the scale moving down I hope!
I will try to write in everyday what I eat and to keep it below 1500 calories!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck to everyone and support is what we all need!!!!!!!!! Lets go girls!!!!!!
Skyfirefly

Amarantha2
05-22-2004, 06:45 PM
Welcome, Skyfirefly!!! That's ok if you're away from the computer, nobody has to report in everyday. The challenge officials have arbitrarily (they're like that) ruled that everyone check in at least twice weekly to win the prize, but even checking in once at the beginning and once when you do your 21 days makes thee a Challengette in fab standing, methinks!!!! :wave: Not everyone is the compulsive poster that Amarantha be (she needeth to get a life but can't seem to)!!

Grim news: I've crashed and burned ALREADY! Sheesh! Calories are more than 1700 and the night's not over ... sigh, there goes the weigh-in for another week. ANYHOW, PLEASE CONSIDER THIS AN ILLUSTRATION OF HOW THE 21-DAY CHALLENGE IS NO SURE THING AND IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER!!!! I shall start again at Day One tomorrow!!! Will have a menu report for the journaling crew tonight!!!! :doh: I'm actually not too discouraged as I had two good days I wouldn't have had because of this challenge!!! I AM PUMPED, I AM COMMITTED, I AM GOING THE DISTANCE NEXT TIME! HUZZAH! YOWZA!

Amen.

Arabella
05-23-2004, 11:42 AM
Had sort of a cruddy day yesterday, exhausted today. But still doing it.

Here's yesterday:
To do list/plan for the day: skipped it
Aerobic exercise: 10
Flexibility exercise: 7 (chi qong)
Strength training: 10
Energy work: 6 (chi qong)
Eat only at table when alone: 8
Creative break: 5
Make your environment nice: 5
Eat only when hungry: 5
No white stuff: 8
Meditate: 10
Journal: 4
Fun: l
Socialize: 10
Evening prayer/focus/centering: 10
9 fruits/veggies: 7

Amarantha2
05-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Yowza!!! Hi, Arabella! You're looking good!!! :cheer:

I'm down 1.5! Restarting my NO MORE THAN 1700 CHALLENGE! DAY ONE!!! Be back!

:coffee:

Arabella
05-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Amarantha! 1.5 down! Woooo-hooo for you, and a banana too! :cb: :cb:

Amarantha2
05-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks, Arabella!!! Also, forgot to say thanks to Katrinabegood, as it seemeth she be the first to introduce 21-dayers to 3FC. Wasn't sure.

Here's a list of the Challengettes that I see so far. Please let me know if I left anyone off:

Amarantha
Arabella
Cerise
Ceara
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire

Huzzah! I must shop now!

Cerise
05-23-2004, 02:47 PM
Good Sunday, friends.

OK, today is Day 3 of my 21-day challenge to eat at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies.

It was a near thing yesterday - I ate all the wrong things and lots of them during my day alone at home. I only had an apple and a slice of honeydew under my belt (literally) when I went out to Applebee's with my husband, brother and SIL, but thank god they have a lovely steamed veggie platter there and it was easily 3 servings. With a side of fries, of course :rolleyes:. What a goober I am.

Anyway, I'm off to a good start today with a big, juicy slice of honeydew.

Amarantha, EXCELLENT on your loss!!! Your refocusing efforts have officially paid off, even if you're on Day 1 again. The thing is, you're on Day Something and that's so great! You're really doing it, and you got me doing it and you're my bloody hero.

OK, I'm off to say hey to the sizzling slimmer-downers. Avanti, avanti!

Amarantha2
05-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Avanti, Cerise! The honeydew soundeth good! I have some frozen ones I may put in a smoothie tomorrow!

Since I still have a precounted soymilk for tonight, I'm declaring Day One a success at 1645 cal. On to Day Two o' the New! Woo-hoo!

deleted2
05-24-2004, 06:33 AM
I love 21-day challenges! Can I play? Today will be Day One for me. I'll post details later!
Thanks for starting the thread, Empress! :D

Amarantha2
05-24-2004, 09:21 AM
Yay, Eydie wants to play!!!!! Hooray!!! :cp: Welcome, :queen: E! Here's the new list, then:

Amarantha
Arabella
Cerise
Ceara
Eydie
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire

Huzzah!!! All but Amarantha be eligible for the nonvirtual prize. In case of a tie, more prizes will be awarded! Huzzah!

I'm on Day Two o' the New, and counting!

Cerise
05-24-2004, 12:29 PM
Four days on the challenge thread, doo-dah, doo-dah...

Had a pear, and apple, an enormous slice of honeydew and a taco salad concotion that I deemed Mt. Salad. I definitely got my 5 servings yesterday.

Welcome, Eydie! Can't wait to hear what your challenge is!

Good luck to all today!

wsw
05-24-2004, 12:51 PM
i will join too, if that's o.k. i need to give myself that extra push to stay the course. thanks for starting the thread, empress. so---my challenge for myself will be to write down my food intake for 21 consecutive days. i have a spotty history with this and know that i always do better when i record my meal plan, so here's hoping to complete day 1.

Amarantha2
05-24-2004, 05:27 PM
Not only is it ok, Wsw, but it's GREAT you are joining us!!!! Huzzah!!!! :cheer: An interesting challenge you've set yourself!!!! Thanks for being here!!! Here's the new list, in alphabetical order (because that's how I am)!!!!

Amarantha
Arabella
Cerise
Ceara
Eydie
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw

Cerise
05-24-2004, 05:40 PM
Welcome, dear, Dear, DEAR wsw! Excellent plan!

deleted2
05-24-2004, 06:28 PM
This is fun! I've been at this for a while, so for my challenge I'm going step out of my comfort zone, try some new things, and BE BOLD! :D Today I did more upper arm stuff---went for 30 minutes instead of my usual 20 minutes. It's a start!

Amarantha2
05-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Hear ye, hear ye ... eeeny, meenie, chile beanie, the spirits are about to speak, er, ANNOUNCEMENT:

The esoteric and unnamed officials of this contest have notified Amarantha that the requirement of checking in twice a week in order to be eligible for the fab nonvirtual prize that will be mailed to the first person completing 21 consecutive days of their challenge be a tad taxing on the challengers. So everyone will be eligible for the prize (except Amarantha) who posts at all!!! Huzzah! That is all! Now a word from our sponsor ...

SKYFIREFLY
05-25-2004, 08:16 AM
I'm still alive but have been away from my computer , busy visiting with my son and daughter inlaw. Its so nice to have them home and spend some time together. Yesterday wasn't totally awful I was smart enough to weigh in before going to the airport and reached my little goal I had set for myself. Thank God for small favors. But of course I wasn't perfect by any means for the day. Billy loves chicken wings and in Seattle they don't make them like here in New York so they are always his favorite when he comes home. So of course we ordered pizza and wings for dinner last night.

2 coffee's, scrambled eggs with broc, onions, 1 slice sour dough toast
salad, with romaine, cheese, ham , few croutons, onion, vinegar, olive oil
1 large piece of pizza, 5 fried chicken wings with lots of hot sauce
1 brownie
24oz. water, 16 oz. favored water
Today's another day I guess it could of been worse????????????
Gotta go to work now and I will try to encourage myself to be better today! Or at least attempt to be!
Skyfirefly Big weekend out of town coming up , seafood, grilled ribs ohhhhh , sooo , good!

Amarantha2
05-25-2004, 08:37 AM
Huzzah! You're looking good Skyfirefly! Congratulations on making the weight goal you set for yourself and in keeping up your journal! :cheer:

Huzzah to all! Amarantha be on DAY THREE of her 1700 or less caloric 21-day challenge!!! This be the pivotal moment when she usually crashes. :yikes: Not today, though. I will make it! Huzzah!

Arabella
05-25-2004, 09:41 AM
Y'know, this is a bit predictable. All I wanted was a couple of days to myself to regroup and pay some attention to me for once. DH had me frantically helping him get ready for a trip. He left, and grandson arrived for an overnighter. My mother guilted me into going to help her trivia team, then a party for my brother the next day. And then a non-stop heavy duty work week. Prediction: Good intentions will crash and burn when I realize I can just let it go. Yup. And then felt, also predictably, worse. In a cruddy mood. Nevertheless, I'm going to try again. I'll come back to say how I did.

nova_jen
05-25-2004, 09:46 AM
First off congratulations to all of the people in this challenge- it looks like many of you have already had significant successes!

I have been half-heartedly playing around at making some changes but it seems like I only stay with it as long as it is convenient for me to do so. I would like to join your challenge by committing to keeping a food journal- I have never maintained this for longer than a week at a time- it seems I eat something I don't want to put down on paper and that's the end of that. If I can't be honest with myself and be accountable than I see myself stuck at the starting line of weight loss. This 21 day challenge seems like a good place to start.

Anyway wishing all the participants a great day
Thanks
Jen

Amarantha2
05-25-2004, 12:34 PM
Yowza! We have another Challengette in the building!!! :cheer: Welcome to Nova Jen!!!!! Huzzah! Glad you're here!!!!

Here's the new Challengette listie:

Amarantha
Arabella
Cerise
Ceara
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw

Never fear, Arabella, as thou knowest well, this is hard to do!!!! But you are one of the best I've ever seen at going 21 days, so I've not a doubt in the world you'll perservere!!! Huzzah!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :yes:

Cerise
05-25-2004, 01:00 PM
Whoa. I'm on Day 5 on my birthday!! 5 is my lucky number - I was born on the 25th day of the 5th month in the year 75. As you can see, if you take the two numbers of 5/25/75 which are NOT fives and subtract one from the other: 7-2=5. All right it's a stretch, but FIVE'S MY LUCKY NUMBER ANYWAY. OK????

Welcome, Nova Jen! Wow, Amarantha/Arabella. You two have started something good here! We've got a wonderful number of ladies who want to improve their lives in 21-day increments. Huzzah!!

I poked around online and discovered that I'm eating way more than 5 servings per day of fruits and veggies the way that most people measure portion sizes. :cheer: Sigh - trust me to overdo the portion sizes, but this time it's a good thing. I'm going to pretend I never read about portion sizes and continue to eat enormous bowls of salad, etc. I ain't cutting down!

Nova Jen, I hear you loud and clear about only making lasting change if it immediately suits me. Self-discipline is not one of my strong points, though I wish it were. How does one acquire it, I wonder? :lol:

To the rest of you, you're doing beautifully!! I'm so glad that you're here and I'm here and ... everything.

Love to all!!

ceara
05-25-2004, 01:31 PM
OK

Day 1! Aargh!

Back to my original thing that works.

No food after 7.
No wine (it hurts my stomach these days as do a lot of foods....dunno why..off to MD tomorrow)
Sensible food
Sensible portions
No sugar
No junk
Lotsa water
Walk the road at least 3 times a week.

So far today...food is good
walk is done

Ceara

ceara
05-25-2004, 01:37 PM
:balloons: H A P P Y :cheers:

:hb: B I R T H D A Y

:queen: C E R I S E !!!

A N D

:queen: E Y D I E !!!
:gift:

Ceara

TechAlum
05-25-2004, 02:58 PM
Hello Fellow 21 Day Challengers,

I did well Day 1, Day 2, & Day 3, but Day 4 turned out to be a challenge and those Frozen Thin Mint Cookies, DH was eating called my name :( so I am back where I started. Of course starting this PMS/Munchie week was probably not my brightest idea :o.

So as of today Day 1: NO MORE AFTER DINNER SNACKING!!!!

Happy B-day Cerise :hb:

Amarantha - I see nothing wrong with making people check in at least once a week on the challenge. But then, if I don't check in I don't stick with it.

Wildfire - Yup that's me.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech

Amarantha2
05-25-2004, 08:44 PM
First, Happy B'day Cerise and Eydie!!! :hb:

Cerise, I also find it amazing how small an official vege serving really is, seems like there's no excuse for me not to have them!

Congratulations on restarting, TechAlum! I think that's the hardest part of the 21-day challenge! It really takes some doing to get it going, but after a week or so, it'll be easy ...

AT LEAST I HOPE SO, BECAUSE I'M ALREADY DEAD IN THE WATER HERE!!! :yikes:

Tomorrow is Day 1, AGAIN! :fr:

I don't wanna talk about it!

:doh:

I'm not giving up!!!!

wsw
05-25-2004, 08:58 PM
hi to all challengerettes! made it through day 2 on my food journal-writing challenge. take care, all.

ceara
05-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Y E S !
Day one under my belt!
Onto day 2!
Am off to post on the food journal.
Ceara

deleted2
05-26-2004, 05:40 AM
Because of birthday cake I have to declare may 26 Day One AGAIN! :o
Anyway, off to the beach---I'll be back Saturday! :D

Kaylets
05-26-2004, 07:14 AM
hello all!

Ok... here is my goal...

I am getting so close now I have no idea how fast to expect lbs to come off... and since its only been a week or so since I lost 5 very fast pounds to being sick... I think a NON scale goal makes more sense...

So...
My old n emeisis... JOURNALIING

and... actiivty..

Let me work on those..

With everything else going on in my life, perhaps, these two things will serve as anchors...

hmmmmmmm

SKYFIREFLY
05-26-2004, 08:22 AM
Just checking in my journal has helped me be more aware of what I did eat for the day! It seems to help me with staying on track better by being more accountable for what goes in my mouth. Whats that old saying in lips on the hips. That has some truth to it I guess! At any rate having the kids home for a visit is wonderful but the extras around the house are hard to stay out of. So whats one to do? I have a small piece its better than a big one (brownies). There almost gone thank God!
I decided to wait until Friday for a weigh in I just did the scales on Monday and had reached my little goal. I figure that if I weigh in on Friday before my trip to Maine it would be good timing. Maybe I will dance off what ever I eat over the weekend? Well it does burn some calories. Also we are staying in town so I figure it will be a good place for a walk and usually the Holiday Inn's have a pool and workout room. So I will try to increase the exercise to make up for what goes in my lips so not to go on my hips!!!!!!!!! Oh just a bit of humor this a.m., well gotta go to work soon. With those crazy gas prices, I have rearranged my schedule to see clients first and then go to the office on somedays which gives me a bit of a later start.
Take care everyone.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CERISE AND EYDIE

f I eat something not so healthy then its easier for me to adjust it throughout my day or the next day.

TechAlum
05-26-2004, 09:36 AM
Just popping in really quick before heading out to work. Yesterday was a challenge, but I'm counting it as a success. So on to day two.

-Tech

Amarantha2
05-26-2004, 09:39 AM
Ok, I'm also declaring May 26 as DAY ONE again, dang it, and this time I'll make it!!!! However, I'm redoing my calorie goal for this go-round to 1750. Huzzah!!!

Amarantha's New & Improved 21-Day Challenge to 1750 Daily Calories or Less: Day 1 and having fun!

Amarantha2
05-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Welcome, :queen: K!!!!! I'm so happy thou be here!!!! Definitely a nonscale goal seemeth in order for the 21-dayer, but I'm betting thy 5 pounds will stay off anyhow ... either way, methinks things are going to be great for thee in the near future!

Have a good time at the beach, Eydie! Yowza!!!!

TechAlum, congratulations on Day 2!!! :cheer: Huzzah!

Skyfirefly, soundeth as though thou be having a great time with thy family ... I'm in total agreement about having a small bite to satisfy ... I think that's why I bought the peanut butter yesterday and blew my challenge ... I knew I had to get the siren song o' pb outta my head first!!!

To all Challengettes, mentioned or unmentioned, I think we're all doing GREAT!!! Can't wait ... I promise to be briefer and more focused in future. Here's the new list:

Challengettes:

Amarantha
Arabella
Cerise
Ceara
Kaylets
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw

ceara
05-26-2004, 10:34 AM
All Right!

Day Two...here I am!

Walk is accomplished....am going to stick some plants and seeds in the ground...if the mosquitoes don't carry me off...actually if they'd take me to the spa with the towel boys, that'd be great :lol: :s:

Food so far is good.

Ta-Rah!

Ceara

Cerise
05-26-2004, 12:37 PM
Thank you all for your lovely birthday wishes.

I went out to eat with my husband, brother and SIL last night. Got rather silly on one margarita (that's a fruit serving, right? :D ) and had another Mt. Taco Salad. Well over 5 fruit/veggie servings yesterday.

You guys! I've picked such an easy challenge! I feel guilty, but then, if this is the first 21-day challenge I ever make, more power to me. And eating my fruits and veggies is an indisputably good thing.

Onward, ladies! You're all doing beautifully.

nova_jen
05-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Happy Belated Birthday to Cerise and Eydie:
Congratulations to both of you for not letting this event take you away from your goals- in the past I have been easily led down the garden path at the slightest excuse.

In thinking about the challenge I have decided I need to do more than just keep an accurate food journal, I will also commit to exercise of at least 4x/week. Tonight I was supposed to go golfing- this has been cancelled so I will take myself to the gym- unlike last night where that plan was set aside in favour of shopping. Does anyone have suggestions on how to commit to the gym/exercise on a regular basis? I am slack on personal accountability. However I have heard that I will be on TV tonight and I am sure that seeing that will be motivation enough.

Wishing each of you a successful day.
- Jen

Amarantha2
05-26-2004, 03:43 PM
Great addition to thy challenge, Nova Jen!! :cheer:

If you get any suggestions as to keeping up with a gym commitment, I need to read 'em, too! :lol: The first year I signed up at my gym I vowed to go every day they were open and I kept it up, now I often say I'll exercise at home but don't do that either. I think this may be the subject of my next 21-dayer ... whenever I get the first one done! The thing that's helped me the most is having a once-a-week session with my personal trainer at the gym. That at least gets me remotivated, since I pay in advance. She's going to be entering a new line of work soon, though, and I don't think I'll look for anyone else.

Later ...

bburoughs
05-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Please, please, please may I join da club?

Hello all, I have been lurking on this website for several weeks. I have never ever posted on any message boards. I am just now building up my nerves to join. I tend to be a little shy.

When I stumbled upon this thread I knew that this is the kind of challenge I need to stay motivated on this weight loss journey. I canít seem to stay on my diet (Eating Healthy) very long. Itís an on again and off again relationship. I tend to do better at work than I do on my off days - Fri.- Sun. So if you ladies don't mind me joining I would like to set my goals as follows:

Drinking 64 or more ounces of water daily
To do cardio exercises daily
Eat five veggies & fruits

I will start tomorrow since I just found this thread.

Wildfire
05-26-2004, 09:11 PM
What was it I pledged to do? :chin: Oh yeah.

SB diet, kinda..yep
Exercise...yep (my abs are killing me! and I've been walking every night, weights on alternate days)
Vitamin, calcium...yep
Water...yep (work keeps a fridge stocked with bottled water for us!)
Report...I'm calling it a yep since this is my second time this week.

Hey, this is FIVE days for me! :cb:

Weekend starts early, though...flying to the east coast on Friday to spend the weekend with my bestest girlfriend...you know, the one who knows ALL about you and loves you anyway. ;) My flight doesn't go until 1pm, so I can get a workout in that morning. Saturday, we're doing a shopping marathon...shop till we drop or break a credit card...so that'll be exercise! Sunday I'll be home early evening so I'll do a quick workout. Just have to watch the diet!

Welcome to Nova Jen and bburoughs! :wave:

Amarantha2
05-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Yowza, we have another Challengette in the 21-day house!!! Welcome, Bburoughs!!! Glad thou hast found us and delurked! Thy 21-day plan looketh good!!! :wave:

Cerise, dinna feel guilty lass, I still maintain that doing fruits and vege each and every day takes real dedication ... you're doing great ... note that our newest Challengette be also into the five-a-day produce thing ... more power to you, ladies. You're inspiring me to do better in that department.

Day One 1745, on to Day Two o' the New! Woo-hoo! Can do!

Amarantha2
05-26-2004, 09:18 PM
The NEW LIST, huzzah:

Amarantha
Arabella
Bburoughs
Cerise
Ceara
Kaylets
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw

Amarantha2
05-26-2004, 09:23 PM
Wildfire, I posted at the same time as thee! Wanted to say congrats on thy day five!!! You're really dedicated!!! Have a wonderful loooong weekend and especially enjoy that shopping workout!!!! Huzzah!!! :yes:

SKYFIREFLY
05-27-2004, 07:54 AM
Thurs. Well I lost another lb. and can't get over the fact I am really motivated this time. I think its this site and all the encouragement from others and knowing your not alone in the weight battle. Thanks everyone! Just did my journal on the other thread. I wasn't going to do the scale until Friday but then just decided oh well might as well do it. Now I am pleased I did. Sounds like everyone is doing well the exercise has been something I can't seem to get into lately unless its gardening and we have had lots of rain lately. Whats the deal on that thought we were going to have a nice Spring here in Central New York. Well gotta go make my salad for today's lunch lately thats something I have been doing daily but with variety. Todays will be romaine lettuce, walnuts and 1/2 granny smith apple w/casear dressing. Hey any gardeners out there? I am having quite a year with those bunnies any ideas on how to get them to leave the flower beds alone. They got the whole acre and they eat my flowers????????????
Have a super day everyone and keep up the good work!
Skyfirefly

ceara
05-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Onto Day 3!

Way to go Wildfire! Five days!!! Have a lovely relaxing week-end...we all need just hang out good friends like that!

Bburoughs glad to "see" you and Nova_Jen. We welcome all challengerettes to this thread....the more the merrier! Hopefully we all inspire each other! SKYFIREFLY you are doing great! It is wonderful when your motivation matches your success isn't it?

Gotta go hit the road...think I'll wear my "proper" shoes this a.m. instead of my grass shoes....I'm getting leg, toe and butt cramps during the day....must be the shoes right?

Will post my success later.....

"not-so-humble but proud of it"
Ceara

Amarantha2
05-27-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm on DAY TWO o' the new!!!! Running off to gym so's I can get the best treadmill!

Huzzah and congrats to Skyfirefly for that POUND DOWN!!! :cheer: Great work, SFF (thinking that's an abbreviation for SkyFireFly! :) )!!!

Sword Bearer, huzzah on being at Day 3!!! Hope thou enjoyeth thy proper shoe day! :yes:

Good a.m. to all!

TechAlum
05-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Onto Day 3....

Squeeked by on Day 2, that icecream I picked up on the way home was calling my name, but the recliner and heating pad worked instead (God someday's I hate being a girl).

Welcome to the new folks, and congrats to Wildfire and Cerise on days 5 and 6.

Good Luck to us all!!! We can do it, I know we can!! (OK that sounded way to much like a cheerleader which I've never been :o)

-Tech

Amarantha2
05-27-2004, 07:51 PM
S'ok to be a cheerleader in this instance, Tech, 'cause you're RIGHT!!!!! WE CAN DO IT (really)!!! Sis boom bah!!! :cheer: Great save on ice cream!!! Huzzah!!!! :cp:

I'm posting my entry on the journal thread now as I'm basically finished eating for the day, even though it's a bit early. So I'm calling this a successful Day Two at 1730 cal and MOVING ON TO DAY THREE! Whee!!! Will see thou Challengettes in the a.m. ... tomorrow is going to be a challenge for me as it's the dreaded day three :yikes: and I have two graduations to cover so night will be busy and I'll be tempted to stop on the way home and binge! I hope I can get through it.

Doubt if I've lost any weight this week, with the on-again, off-again thing, but really hope to get my challenge off the ground.

Congrats to everyone who makes it through another day on their challenge and to those who falter but make the decision to try, try again!!! After all, well, please seeith the George Elliott quote in my sig line! Yowza! :)

ceara
05-28-2004, 08:05 AM
I DID IT! I was heading for a fall after supper...we ate late, I was stressed because DS [the teenager] put the meat in oven late, forgot the potatoes and it wasn't cooked through when I got home...and I was hungry! So rather than having ice cream and cookies...which are sugar or eating after 7...both of which would have toppled me, I had a banana and hit the yard 'til dark. A NSV an excellent coping mechanism...who wants to eat with mud on your hands and mosquitoes flying around your head?

I ate more than I would have normally yesterday...but that's OK...prolly shocked the devil outta my system! But everything healthy and not after 7! That one can be a toughie for me.

So onto day 4....have met the 3 walk bit for the week but am considering that to be the minimum...so am off in a few minutes...I have heathens to groom and cart to the vet today....yeah.

Empress why are you moving so slow...exercise-wise that is....Injury?

Chins up! Tummies in! Lets go! :drill:

Ceara

Amarantha2
05-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Yo! Huzzah, congrats on being at Day 4, Sword Bearer!!!! :cp: Great technique using mud and mosquitoes as a coping mechanism!!! :lol: (Be careful of West Nile Virus, though, if you have it in the area. It's going to be more prevalent this year and the only way to be totally sure you don't get it is to not get bit by a mosquito!) :yikes:

I'm moving slow because of an old health problem resurfacing (heart), but am feeling better today. Worked out for an hour with the trainer with light weights and went for a walk with her.

Halfway through the dreaded DAY THREE! Doing well so far, working graduation tonight and will be back!!! Huzzah!!!

TechAlum
05-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Day One (again :o )

Well last night (that dreaded day 3) did not go well. Was doing OK until DH sat down next to me on the loveseat with a bag of chips, when I was tired, crampy and generally just in a bad mood, so I gave in. Chips being my greatest weakness.

Oh well, here I go again May 28 = day 1.

-Tech

deleted2
05-29-2004, 08:21 AM
Back from the beach-had a great time, but it's great to be back home! I ate really well at the beach, lots of good choices, lots of fruits and vegetables, opted for the lower fat versions, etc. The only thing is I overate---too much of a good thing! And I didn't drink enough water so my weight is up a a couple of pounds. It'll probably be back to normal tomorrow morning, but I still have to declare this Day One---AGAIN!
Today I'll be counting calories and chugging water!

Everyone's doing so well!!! :D

Amarantha2
05-29-2004, 09:25 AM
Well, heavens! I made it by the skin o' me teeth to Day Four!!!! :cloud9: This happened by virtue of taking Pria bars and EAS shakes to work with me last night rather than stopping at a convenience store to destress myself. Going to work hard on balancing the carb and protein portions in each meal!!! Gotta go! Congrats to everyone with the guts to restart and to those who're on advanced days! Huzzah!

ceara
05-29-2004, 10:03 AM
YEAH! Day 4 done! Day 5 :drill:

My friend and I went out for dinner last night...Chinese buffet...but I exercised portion control...a little of that, some of this, took the breading off a lot of stuff....no booze, lotsa water, finished before 7 so met the terms! Yes!

Of course now I am retaining water....a side effect of that food, but it'll slough off.

Have done my walk....5th! Now off to do a multitude of stuff....should write a list!

Ceara

wsw
05-29-2004, 12:41 PM
hi and congrats to all the challengerettes!! everyone is doing great hanging in there!

on day 5 of mine. (mine probably doesn't sound too challenging-but for me, just the right speed. as i get more time under my belt, i may add something additional to the daily food intake journaling.) for right now though, doing this is feeling like a good, positive step.

katrinabgood
05-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Hi to all...I just stumbled upon this thread and MAN! is this just what I need at the moment! I did start a 21 day challenge here quite a while ago...as pointed out by sweet Arabella! :wave: I borrowed the concept from my days at ediets. It's a great tool to use to focus and get back on track...which is exactly what I need! Thanks for starting this up again, Amarantha!

Sooooooooo...that said, here are my daily goals:

<BTW, I LOVE Arabella's list, can I borrow that?>

Oh, all right I'll make up my own

Eat well
Exercise
Lots of water

Don't want to make this too hard on myself...(ie: keep it simple, stupid!)

There, now I feel better already!

Looking forward to the next 21 days! Good luck to us all!

Amarantha2
05-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Yowza!!! We have the 3FC's first 21-day challenger at the starting gate ready to sprint around those blocks!!! Huzzah!!! Welcome, Katrinabgood!!!! You are right. This is a great tool ... I'm getting more committed as I rack up the days (now that I've passed the DREADED DAY THREE)!!!! Huzzah!!!

Here's the new list and reminding all Challengettes that the officials (or the Towel Boys or someone) are offering a REAL nonvirtual award that Amarantha will send to the first person to post that they've finished their first 21-day challenge on this thread! Amarantha be not eligible. I believe Cerise is ahead at this point in time, but I am not terribly bright so need continual updates and lots of help! Huzzah! :cheer:

Challengettes:

Amarantha
Arabella
Bburoughs
Cerise
Ceara
Katrinabgood
Kaylets
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw

Good morning and congrats on continued success to all ... or if a roadblock should appear on thy block, congrats the continued ability to start again!!! Huzzah!

Amarantha2
05-29-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, several hours after I posted the above, I crashed and burned again. Hope no one is tired of seeing me start over at Day One, 'cause I'm gonna! But I'm going to up the calories again. I'll decide the specifics in the a.m. So, just consider me at Day Zero and MOVING ON TO DAY ONE!

I will do this. Not sure when, but I will. :yes:

katrinabgood
05-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, Amarantha!! Hey, don't worry...We've all been there!
That's the beauty of the challenge...just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start again on Day 1. It really is rewarding to see how many days you can string together.

I'll take today as a successful Day 1...my food was all good choices, I drank LOTS of water, and spent the entire afternoon huffing and puffing out in the yard. Gardening is GREAT exercise! I have to scurry off to bed now because I have to work at 11:00 tonight. So my eating for the day is done! Success!

On to Day 2...........

Kaylets
05-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Ok here I am...

Journal

1 Veg eggbeater omelette w/ cheese

2 pcs rye toast

25 small steamed shrimp
teaspoonful of sugared peanuts
1 chinese donut ( these are very tiny.. maybe munchkin size)

2 cups Rice "chex" style cereal w/ milk
1 banana

not as bad as I imagined...
I think the bringing the cereal in the house was a mistake...it was very cheap and I literally had to force myself NOT to go and have more...
Wonder if I should toss it b/4 I get in trouble...

Maybe I'll just try changing my name for awhile so I won't hear it calling me....

hmmmmm

low on water ...
time for both water and tea

Amarantha2
05-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Katrina, thanks for the encouraging words! I think that's a good point about the 21-day challenge: even if we crash and burn we can look back on a string of successful days and that string can get longer and longer until we finally can achieve the total 21 days ... then we can start again if we choose and it's all good ... the successful days, however, few or many they be are not negated by the crash and burns. It's a win-win situation. Congrats on a good Day One!

Kaylets: Congrats to thee on thy good journal day (and on the job!)!!! Sorry about that cereal-calling-thy-name-thing! Hate when that happen! :lol:

Amarantha2
05-30-2004, 09:52 AM
AHEM! Here I am of Day One of my fab new challenge. I'm not weighing in this week, using last week's weight as a starting point. Though weight be not a part of my challenge, I like to have a starting point. My challenge is:

For 21 consecutive days eat no more than 1799 calories (less would be highly desirable)!

Huzzah!

deleted2
05-30-2004, 12:41 PM
Amarantha, you are not alone. This is me starting on Day One yet again!!! :lol: You gotta laugh! Somehow I ended the day with 1920 calories, a far cry from my intended 1500 and not nearly enough water--only 4 glasses. Good workout though.

Amarantha2
05-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Thanks for letting me know, :queen: E!!!! Yup, we gotta laugh and as Katrina saith, dust ourselves off and start again!!! Yowza!!! :yes: I'm doing ok so far!

ceara
05-30-2004, 03:09 PM
YEAH...Day 5 done. Halfway through day 6!

Courage my friends. I was reading some of my journal this morning and where I was a year ago! "Sigh". However I will be there again!

Ceara

TechAlum
05-30-2004, 03:12 PM
Well I can't laugh at anyone else as here I go again :o on Day 1. I guess I didn't really eat "after" dinner yesterday, I just never stopped eating dinner :rofl:.

Oh well I've picked myself up dusted myself off and here I go again. I will do this, I will do this, I will......

And to anyone who thinks their challenge is easy, it probably isn't for you that's why you chose it. I know I can't journal every day for 21 days. I usually do good for 5 then take a couple off, then back and off, and back and off... the key is to never stop trying. And 5 fruits and veggies :eek: I don't think so, that might be my next challenge if I get this one done, I mean when I get this one done.

Well anyway, have a great Sunday everyone.

-Tech

deleted2
05-30-2004, 08:24 PM
I made it thru Day 1! :D Finished the day at 1540 calories, had 10 glasses of water, and an hour of yoga and pilates. On to Day 2!

Amarantha2
05-31-2004, 12:17 AM
Huzzah!!! I'm calling it good for Day 1 also, although I have a few hours to go, but feel confident I won't be eating anymore tonight as I'm going to go to bed and read. Calories: 1780. Will post menu on the journal thread. On to Day 2!!! Sis boom bah to all of us! :cheer:

ceara
05-31-2004, 08:24 AM
Day 7. Scary. Made it through Day 6. I find that the week-ends are the hardest...too many eating opportunities! And there are a whole bunch coming up....b-days and parties etc...Jeez. 'Tis a hazardous world out there! :lol:

Here's to us all :cheers: and one more day! (I feel like a 12 stepper!)

;)

Ceara

nova_jen
05-31-2004, 09:25 AM
Good Morning

I hope all of our American Challengers are enjoying their Memorial Day long weekend.

I had written a longer post but managed to lose it when I flipped back in the thread to respond to someone's earlier comments- this hasn't happened to me before but I guess you can't do this.

It sounds like everyone has either been doing well or a least been excellent about reapplying themselves to the challenge. I have been keeping my ACURATE Food journal for 1 days now and made it to the gym 5 times this week. It feels good to be getting back into the groove.

Wishing everyone a happy Monday morning
Jen

TechAlum
05-31-2004, 09:39 AM
Hello,

Just popping in really quick before heading off to work. (The joy of working somewhere open 263 days a year)

I made it thru day one. Although it was a struggle. On to day 2.

Unfortunately today was WI day for me and I'm up 3 lbs :eek:. I'm hoping it's just water since I haven't been doing to well there this week and I've been eating a lot of salty stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great day all.

- Tech

Amarantha2
05-31-2004, 09:41 AM
Yowza, congratulations to the Sword Bearer for moving onto her seventh day!!!! Hooray!!! :cp:

Hi to Jen in Nova Scotia and happy Monday to thee also and congrats on getting that groove back!!! Huzzah! :cp:

Huzzah to the whole list of stalwart Challengettes!!! How goeth it this week? Here be the list I currently have:

Challengettes:

Amarantha
Arabella
Bburoughs
Cerise
Ceara
Katrinabgood
Kaylets
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw

I'm on DAY TWO O' THE NEW! Yowza! Gotta go do assignments today though a holiday it be and will make it to DAY THREE!!! Huzzah!

:cheer:

wsw
05-31-2004, 09:02 PM
made it through my day 7. hope everyone's monday or memorial day was a good one, challengettes! take care.

Amarantha2
05-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Congratulations on Day 7, Wsw!!! Huzzah!!! :cheer:

I'm calling it good for Day 2 at 1755. Will report if I crash and burn later but not planning on it!!! Posting menu on journal thread! On to Dreaded Day 3 :yikes:

deleted2
06-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Made it thru Day 2! I guess wsw and Ceara have the most days in a row, right? Keep going--you're inspiring us all!

ceara
06-01-2004, 09:25 AM
Well, Missy Cerise was ahead of us, but she's not checked in over the week-end. Prolly having a REALLY GOOD TIME doin' somethin' :lol:

Onto day 8....Empress you'll be fine getting past Day 3...just do it a minute at a time...and when all else fails, close the royal kitchen and go to bed....only allowed out for bathroom calls.

Have to go do a walk and the last Storytime of the spring and then get my hairs cut....all before I start the day at work...Jeez!

:wave: to all Challengerettes!

Ceara

bburoughs
06-01-2004, 11:14 AM
Good Morning,

Well, this is day 1 for me again! I blew it over the week-end. Hope I can make it through this day. So far this morning I have done good.

Just checking in to report before starting to work.

Good luck :goodluck: on your challenges today, ladies! We can do it!!! :grouphug:

Amarantha2
06-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Never fear, Brenda! Seems lots of us are getting really good at those Day Ones!!!! Huzzah! :coffee: Keep a'goin'!!!

Congrats on being at Day 8, Ceara!!! :hat: You be on the second "block" if, like me, you're calling your weeks blocks!!! Huzzah!

I be wondering about Cerise as well. Om shanti, Cerise, where art thou and how goeth it with the vege quest!

Much to my surprise, my Day 2 held up and I'm officially on Day 3 :yikes: !!! Actually, I had sort of thought of getting some extra rest today and hopefully just reading on the couch won't make me too hungry!!!!

Sis boom bah!!!! I'd surely like to make Day 4 for a change!

deleted2
06-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Three days behind me--and I'm officially on Day 4! Feels really good!

ceara
06-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Mornin' :wave:

It isn't raining yet...but it is supposed to. I guess I'm not complaining because the weather guys are forecasting a hot dry summer and the ground is dry....stockpiling is good.

I'm on Day 9....a minor miracle. :yes:

So, here's :goodvibes for our successes today and job :goodvibes out to AZ.

Ceara

Amarantha2
06-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Congrats to Eydie on the officialdom of Day 4 and to Ceara on the minor Day 9 miracle (I KNEW you'd do it).

I'm officially on Day 4 as well, a major miracle! :)

Thanks for job vibes!!! Huzzah!

bburoughs
06-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Way to Go Eydie on Day 4 & to Ceara on Day 9. Great job ladies!!! :cheer: Amarantha hang in there you can do it!

Well I made it through Day 1 on to Day 2. :cp:

zadie k
06-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi,
While I was away I gave up caffeine. Now I am ready for the next big step. I will challenge myself to 21 days of no refined sugar. It seems rather impossible, but on the other hand, giving up coffee seemed impossible as well.

So...day 1.

Amarantha2
06-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Congrats to bburoughs on making it through Day 1! Huzzah! :cheer:

Yo, Zadie be amongst us, having already jettisoned :coffee: and now doing a 21-day challenge of NO REFINED SUGAR!!! :yikes: That's a fantastic goal, Zadie! I'm going to be inspired by watching your success as I need to give that evil stuff up as well!!! :cheer:

TechAlum
06-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Hello All,

Well I've made it thru days 1, 2 and 3 so now I'm on to day 4!!! I'm amazed at how much more difficult this is than I thought it'd be. I'd already been cutting back but to actually be conscience and keeping track seems to be making me want more!!!! Oh well I will succeed :D.

Amarantha - Congrats on getting thru that dreaded day 3. Hang in there we'll make it.

Eydie, Ceara and bburoughs - Yea on days 4, 9 and 1 respectively.

Zadie - Welcome and good luck. That's one tough challenge you've chosen :eek:

Well off to make dinner. Maybe we'll eat before 8:00 tonight :lol:.

-Tech

Amarantha2
06-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Well, ok, guys! I hate to mention it but I'm not going to make it through Day 4. I'm at 1725 now (4:15 p.m.) and feel I will have to eat dinner ... starting over yet again at Day 1 tomorrow!

If anyone wants to throw me off the thread, s'ok! Otherwise, I'm trying again! :yes: See ya!

bburoughs
06-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Welcome Zadie, glad to have you here with us. Good luck on your challenge. I need to give up coffee but I just can't seem to visualize my self not drinking coffee.

Tech, Congrats on Day 3!

Amarantha - Don't Stop til You Get It Right! :dance: I think that's a song, not sure! But, Don't Stop til You Get It Right!!!

This is Day 3 for me. :D

Amarantha2
06-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Well, Brenda, I think it just may be a song and it's one I'm gonna sing!!! :yes: BUT, I've come to the realization that I need to pick a more doable challenge that will still advance my goal and I've also come to realize that it's the behavior of stopping and getting my daily peanut butter cups that is the pivotal point in my day that triggers to the decision to blow the calorie limit again (could this sentence be any longer). SO, here's my new challenge and I think it will greatly aid my cause:

I, Amarantha, being of somewhatly sound mind and body, do solemnly swear that for 21 consecutive days, I will NOT eat any pb cups in any form whatsoever!!!! Yowza! No traditional pb cups, no white chocolate pb cups, no giant pb cups, no honey-peanut pb cups, no dark chocolate pb cups, no Reese's pb cups made in Pennsylvania, no off-brand pb cups in plain brown wrappers, no pseudo-pb cups lacking sugar, no (allegedly) low carb pb cups with lots of "sugar alcohols," no pb cups in ice cream, no pb cups in cookies ... NONE, ZIP, NADDA!!!

PB CUP NOT 21-DAY CHALLENGE: DAY ONE!

Was I shouting? How rude! :lol: :wave:

deleted2
06-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Welcome, zadie! Very noble goal---makes me wonder if I could do that. Not sure I want to take it on at this point, though!

Amarantha, you can always start over, and I know you can give up those wretched PB cups! They've become larger than life for you and must be pummelled into submission.

Went out into the world yetserday and resisted all candies, frappicinos, free samples at Sam's--but we did have Indian food out and consequently my weight's up about 3 pounds. Must be all the salt? That happens with Chinese food as well. Still calling the day a success though, and onto day 5. And drinking lots of water!!!

zadie k
06-03-2004, 11:10 AM
OK. Yesterday I almost made it through, but not quite. So back to day 1. But i really think that this is something that is worth doing and something that I CAN do.

pb cup 21 day challenge? cracked me up. Those things are so tempting and yet so evil. You shall conquer the evil pb cups and prevail.

Amarantha2
06-03-2004, 08:33 PM
:lol3: Pummeling pb cups into submission!!!! Yup!!! Since I have no pb cups in house and since I don't want to go out in the recordbreaking heat again, I'd say I'm good for Day 1 and onto Day 2!!! Woo-hoo!!!

Will post my menu on journal thread. It does involve Pria bars but NO FREAKIN' PB CUPS!!!! Yowza!

Yea, Eydie, it's the salt ... dinna fash thyself, lass!!! Good job passing on all that stuff!!!!

Zadie, it really IS worth doing and you really CAN do it!!! Huzzah!!! Great resolve!!!!

wsw
06-04-2004, 07:14 AM
well, i'm back to day 1! i will make it though, as will we all!

ceara
06-04-2004, 08:07 AM
Where is Cerise? O-H-H-H Cer-I-I-I-I-se-e. WHERE are you! I hope the tourist sheep dinna run her off the wharf. She'd prolly swim with the mermaids!

Darn it, wsw. A good running streak is better than a good running binge...I think :chin:

I'm off to a show with the munch demon, and will spend the week end fighting multiple temptations in the food department. I'm onto day 11....and I intend to keep on truckin'!

Empress A! PB cups :nono: , Score one for the good guys. Things like that are on my junk list...along with half the things in my freezer and cupboard I discovered last night. I was cruisin' for a binge, but got covered in hair. Who wants to eat like that? And the binge passed....thankee.

So, am off this am for a dental appt...have to go...I may not be back on until late Sunday.

Ta-Rah!

Ceara

Amarantha2
06-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Sis boom bah to all of us and a call floating across the block for all absent Challengettes to give us a howdy and/or an update because inquiring minds wanna know!!! Huzzah!!!! Yowza! Hurray!!!!

I be on Day 2 o' the NEW (that'd be the pb cup NOT challenge) ... I'm pummelling those pb cups as fast as I can :lol3:

:wave: to Wsw! Yup, we're gonna make it through!!!

Yo to Ceara ... hmmm, all the beastie hair around here never stopped ME from bingeing! :lol3: ... love that smilie!!!

nova_jen
06-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Good Morning Challengers
I realized that I made an error in my last post- I have actually been keeping a food journal since May 19th. While doing this I made a point to basically eat normally and not restrict myself to get a true sense of what I was consuming and also I wanted to make sure that I would write down the good, the bad and the ugly. The results are I eat a well balanced diet with lots of fruit, veggies, whole grains and lean proteins. The bad news is I also consume a ton of empty calories on top of this thanks to chips, chocolate, baked goods and salty snacks.

So Amarantha, I will join your PB Cups efforts (I never knew it came in so many forms!) by attempting to go without my daily chocolate for the next 21 days. This will be a tru challenge for me -although I am not prepared to go as far as Zadie with no refined sugar at all- good for you!

Happy Friday to all and enjoy a great weekend.
Jen

deleted2
06-04-2004, 01:08 PM
Here I am, crawling back to Day ONE! It all came to a screeching halt for me in the early morning hours, around 2:30 AM. Just got out of a midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie and we were HUNGRY! Since nothing was open, we went for the 24 hour donut place. DONUTS! How classic is that? Had 2 maple glazed and I'm not proud of it, but there you are. I blame Harry.
Technically I guess they would be part of today's food intake but I'm saying it was yesterday's so I can call this Day 1!

zadie k
06-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Well, made it through day one. We shall see how it goes with the weekend looming in all of its sugar coated glory.

Amarantha2
06-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Great to have company in the land o' no candy, Nova Jen!!! Although in my challenge, I can have candy if I want it, just no evil pb cups! I'm stocked with Pria bars, though, but none with a peanut flavor as that'd feel like cheating! :yes:

Congrats on thy journaling efforts ... please join us as well on the food/exercise journal thread if it pleaseth thee!!

Zadie, thou be stalwart in the stand off with refined sugar. Good job on Day 1. Thou hast drawn the line in the sand and that ol' Sugar Demon shall not cross it, no sireee!!!

Eydie, I'm afraid I'd have succumbed to the maple donuts after Harry, too! Welcome to the land o' the insomniac! :) You're doing great.

Ok, it is somewhat hot out there and my car overheated twice (forgot it needs extra water and coolant when we get to 110) and I'm NOT going to drag the poor machine out again to get any illicit pb cups (don't have any in the house), so I'd say I'm safe in saying I had a successful Day 2 and ON TO DAY 3!!!! Huzzah! :lol3:

Amarantha2
06-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Just reporting: ME, DAY 3!!! Whee!!! :lol3:

bburoughs
06-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just popping in to say hello and hope everyone is doing good on their challenges.

Well I made it through Day 4 and hope I will make it through this one. This is a very busy day for me.

Probably won't check in until Monday.

Later

wsw
06-05-2004, 02:29 PM
on day 2! hope it's a good day for everyone! take care.

TechAlum
06-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Hello All,

Just got home from work and taking a moment before changing and dragging DH out to the local art fair for pleasant viewing and dinner. :lol:

Well since yesterday I fell asleep on the couch 30 mins after finishing dinner, it made day 6 pretty easy, so I'm now on to day 7, and then I'll be done with a whole week :D :D. OK I shouldn't count my :chicken: :chicken: before they hatch.

Amarantha - At least you learned something from the last challenge even if you didn't complete it. Good Luck on the no PB cups.

Nova Jen - Good luck to you on no Chocolate. Don't think I could make it thru TOM w/o my chocolate fix :lol:

To everyone else who's doing well (or starting over) - Hang in there we'll make it sooner or later (let's hope sooner).

- Tech

Amarantha2
06-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Well, I for one, AM gonna count my Day 3 chicken before it's hatched :) ... for the same reason as yesterday: It's very hot and windy out there in Death Valley (aka Arizona) and me little car dinna like it! So I'm staying in tonight and I don't have any evil pb cups in here, so ... I'M ON TO DAY FOUR!!!

This challenge is a breeze, but it's helping me, even if I have a rather high cal day to report on the journal thread.

Tech, super congrats on a successful Day 6!!!! Have a great time at the art fair!!! :yes:

Amarantha2
06-06-2004, 01:30 PM
Well, here I am at Day 4! Weight is up two pounds but that's a bit better than I expected (thought it'd be lots more). I've adjusted my weight goal a bit and am soldiering on with the challenge!!! Huzzah! No pb cups today! Hooray!

ceara
06-06-2004, 07:33 PM
I-'-M-M-M B-A-A-C-K-!

Did very well...resisted the terrible munchies and the munch maniac....eat, eat. eat. The day centres around food. Anyway I'm not fallen and am finishing up Day 13!!!!

Have to go get ready for work for tomorrow.

Will :wave: see you around!

Ceara

deleted2
06-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Saint Ceara, please intercede on my behalf--I can't seem to get Day One behind me for some reason. :?:

Amarantha, you're doing splendidly with your no PB cups challenge! :D

I need to do something drastic [or at least reasonable]. Having notions of detox-ing....whatever that may mean! I must formulate a cunning plan...........

Amarantha2
06-06-2004, 09:06 PM
Well, I'm calling this a successful Day 4 and onto Day 5 on the pb cup challenge! Same reason: it's too hot to go out and get pb cups and it's too hot to eat 'em because they'd be all melted by the time I walked 'em to the car! :lol3:

As I reported on the menu thread, I've started an informal "streaking" game with myself ... the :queen: s may remember that we used to "streak" ... see how long a streak of days we could string together doing something for our health and fitness? I'm going to count off how many days I can eat in the 1600 range ... no biggie, just for fun. If no one minds, I'd like to report that tally here in the 21-day challenge thread along with my pb cup 21-dayer, even though I'm not aiming for any set number of days!? Maybe something like that would be the answer for any of the Challengettes who've had trouble with the 21-dayer ... no prize offered, of course, just a fun thing to do in addition to a 21-dayer!!! :)

Ceara, thou beith in the lead here unless someone cometh in with a report to the contrary. :cp: :cheer: :hat: :hb: :flow1: Huzzah!!!! According to the rules of the first official 21-day challenge prize offering the first person who declareth a completed 21-dayer receiveth the fab nonvirtual (but massively nonexpensive, so get notteth too excited) prize in the mail if they pm a snaily address to Amarantha!!! So hopefully we can get some absent Challengettes back in here with reports soon!!! Huzzah! Yowza! Sis boom bah!!!!

Amarantha's report: 21-Day PB Cup NOT Challenge: Day 4, on to Day 5; 1600 Calorie Consecutive Day Simply Fun Streak: Day 1! :lol3:

ceara
06-07-2004, 08:31 AM
Supposed to be hot and muggy today....Have put on the AC. Day 14...almost the end of my second block. Had a very active and fun week-end. Having possible stomach problems is a good way to get people NOT to offer you food and booze....did have a few coffee with cream...and that may have been contributing to the previous problems...my tummy was iffish by Sunday.

Feel Great today...am off for a walk and then to training :(

You all are doing great!...Cerise, come outta da mud!

Ceara

bburoughs
06-07-2004, 03:38 PM
Well, I made it through the weekend successfully. This is Day 7 for me.

Hi, Ceara glad to see you are back and congrats on your second block. Great Job.

Amarantha, Eydie, Tech & WSW hang in there!

zadie k
06-07-2004, 04:51 PM
Ok. Day 1. My last post got lost. Had a mostly good weekend till the nutty bar on Sunday night.

Amarantha2
06-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Hmmm. Again, I'm in and there's no pb cups here and it's hot, so I guess I'm calling it a successful Day 5 and onto Day 6!

Re the streak thing, forget it! Calories are way high again today! Sigh! But no pb cups anyway! Huzzah!

Congrats to all on their continued work on this challenge and thanks for the constancy of reporting ... Ceara, thou be in the homestretch. Hooray also for bburoughs who be rounding that first block!!!

Zadie k ... thou be doing great!!! Those nutty bars will get ya if ya don't watch out! How well I know! Sigh! :lol3: Huzzah! Keep a'goin!!!

deleted2
06-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Sucessfully finished Day One--can you believe it? :)

ceara
06-07-2004, 09:45 PM
YES Eydie!!! I was thinkin' on you all day!!!!!
I have completed Day 14....and am off to the next tomorrow....Empress A....congrats on the no PB :devil:

Zadie k what is a "nutty bar"? Candy or a type of drinking establishment?
:?:

Yes bburoughs. You have rounded a corner...a really tough one. Week ends are the hardest.!!!!

Onto the next day! :wave: to all present or MIA!

Ceara

Amarantha2
06-08-2004, 09:14 AM
I can believe it, :queen: E!!!! And huzzah to Sword Bearer for Day 14!!! :cp:

I'm officially on Day 6 of the PB Cup NOT challenge! The 1600 cal streak game is cancelled as far as I'm concerned, though I'm getting back on that calorie wagon today. Huzzah! What can we do but keep on trying?

nova_jen
06-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Well I almost made it to 21 days with the journal but fell a little short this weekend. I had so much going on it wasn't until Sunday that I realized I had forgotten all about it. No chocolate only lasted until Monday morning on my way to work. Oh well I did go to the gym first thing this morning so all is not completely lost. I'll be out of touch for the next week or so - although I plan to keep with my goals. I look forward to seeing how everyone is doing .
Thanks
Jen

bburoughs
06-08-2004, 09:57 AM
Good Morning to All,

Well, I made it thru Day 7. Today kicks off a new block for me, I thinks it easy done in blocks.

I hope everyone have a good day, mine so far has been fun already this morning. I was trying to enter the building where I work and the door was blocked by a big bad stray dog - growling & barking his tail off. Had to make a beeline for my car and sit in the car until one of the guys came along. Imagine a biiiiig woman moving that fast. (lol) :lol: Well, I guess it can count for some my exercise for today! :tread:

I must start to work so will check in tomorrow.

stababe
06-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Good morning!!! I had to start over at day 1 cause this weekend I didn't get my water or exercise in!! Blah! So yesterday, I got both in and I am on way today to getting this day's water in!! I walked this am and will do so again later on. Maybe if I have the time, i'll go to the gym, too-went yesterday and it felt good.

I gotta figure out a way to count the waters and get them in on the weekends. Or I'll be back at day 1 every Monday!! and that stinks!!

TechAlum
06-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Hello Challengerettes (I don't think that's a word :?: )

Well I'm happy to report that I am well into my second block being on day 10. Wow double digits :eek:. I was thinking this was getting easier after a week but last night I was lucky there weren't any chips in the house or I might have fallen off the wagon so to speak.

Good luck to everyone.

-Tech

Amarantha2
06-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Huzzah to all Challengettes ... although I sort of like Tech's take on it: Challengerettes!!!! Kind of sounds like a scout troop ... a cross between the Rangerettes and the Challengettes!!!

Er, I digress!!!

Welcome to Stababe!!! I love your adorable bulldog icon!!!!! :) Good luck on your challenge, sounds like you've got a good one going!

Nova Jen, looking forward to hearing thy report when thou returneth!!! You're doing great!

Tech, congrats on the double digits!! :cp: You'll be around Block #2 before ya know it!!! Huzzah! :hat:

Here's the new list with Stababe added:

Challengettes:

Amarantha
Arabella
Bburoughs
Cerise
Ceara
Katrinabgood
Kaylets
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
Stababe
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw
Zadie

stababe
06-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Kewl!! Lookin' forward to hitting 21 (it was a good year, what I remember of it, LOL)!

zadie k
06-08-2004, 06:42 PM
On to day two of no refined sugar.

ceara - a nutty bar is a snack type food with the essential nutrients of peanut butter and chocolate. almost (but not quite) as tantalizing as pb cups.

wow, the roster of challengettes is quite long. It seems like a Micky mouse roll call

wsw
06-08-2004, 08:50 PM
day 5 for me. sure has been challenging, but glad to be hanging on by my dainty fingernail. greetings to all challengettes.

ceara
06-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Ahhh...nutty bars....

I'm on day 16....had bit of funky dinner, but still in personal challenge limits. See food thread for details.

Am trying to get out the door for walk, but am draggin' this morning...

Keep up the good work all! :drill:

:wave: Ceara

Amarantha2
06-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Repeating to Amarantha in supermarket yesterday: 'Step away from the Nutty Buddy aisle, step away from the Nutty Buddy aise, step away ... :coach: ...

I'm on Day 7 of no pb cups, I think. Have decided that Nutty Buddies qualify as pb cups in spirit so I didn't buy any! :cp:

Nutty Buddies are also an ice cream novelty ... ice cream in a sugar cone with nuts on top ... sometimes with stuff like caramel or chocolate in the center. :devil:

Congrats to Zadie on Day 2 and Wsw on Day 5!!

Glad thou be with us Stababe! :wave:

Greetings to all Challengettes (as Mouseketeer theme song plays softly in background :lol3: ) ... let's be careful out there ... it's a Nutty Buddy jungle! :yikes:

bburoughs
06-09-2004, 09:36 AM
Welcome Stababe!!!

I'm officially working on my second block - 8 days completed. Hope I make it thru today! Well off to work for me.

Have a good day Challengettes!

wsw
06-09-2004, 12:11 PM
on day 6---. i am thinking of the mouseketeer theme song now too! (LOL!) good morning to all! congrats on passing up those nutty buddies, amarantha.

stababe
06-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Really you guys, Nutty Buddies! That brought back memories of the ice cream cone dipped in chocolate and nuts, that the ice cream truck sold us when we were kids!

But, back to reality!! Today is day 3!!!! Waters in and work out done, day 2. Today I walk and walk some more. Just ordered step pedometers for me and the SO. Maybe I shoulda gotten two more for the cats....heh heh. DOing well today on the water.

My eating has been pretty good--lots of those raw vegies!! I should be turning orange soon from the beta carotene - I love red peppers! So, I won't need to sit out in the sun!!

And to everyone - keep walking past those aisles of 'baddies', those steps add up!

zadie k
06-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Day three. I am shocked to have made it this far.

Amarantha2
06-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Great work on Day 3, Stababe and Zadie!!!! Huzzah!!! :cp:

Yowza, bburoughs be making tracks around that SECOND BLOCK!!! :jig: Good trekking, bb!!!

Challengeketeer Wsw, huzzah to thee on Day 6!!!! You're almost around the block, W!!!! :cp:

Ceara, thou be in the home stretch!!! You're an inspiration!!!! I wanna be thee when I grow up!!! :hb: :hat: :flow1:

Those are all the Challengettes I can see from the screen I'm on, but hoping everyone has a great rest o' the day and makes it safely past the Nutty Buddy aisle!!!

I'm calling it good for Day 7 ... I will NOT be stopping for pb cups and moving on to Day 8, my first day on the second block.

Late, gotta go!

ceara
06-10-2004, 08:36 AM
YUP The home stretch for this block...and the opportunities get more frequent and harder to resist....this healthy living is not easy in this day and age. Maybe I should become a hermit? Am still on the wagon, but have dinner out twice this week end....the stomach ills sure is a good foil for most food offers though, and sometimes it is even true :lol:. I am seeing a bit of link between fat and hurt...so....who knows...

Eydie, how're you doing? This is such a mind thing isn't it? Empress A, those PBC are losing their siren hold over you, I can tell....I was reading some posts in another forum and they were describing how when you've not had something for a while, when you actually have some it doesn't taste as good as you remember it.....interesting.

Zadie K...we know you can do it...and you are right along with Stababe...great work! Tech and bburoughs be thee still in second block?.... I hope so! And where is Wildfire? My WI was cancelled last night...the church had another function so they were going to walk on the greenway, except I expect they didn't since the weather was so horrible. So next week I will see how this is working for me.

My BD is in 2 weeks, so I may have to tailor my next challenge around that. I'm thinkin' already! A lot of this is planning...and just not having the eats in the house...right Tech?

Anyway, off to dodge the raindrops and walk....hang in there all! Wsw you are doing marvelous darling!

:wave:

Ceara

zadie k
06-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Day 4. Actually I feel great. I have also found a few good sweet things at the co-op without refined sugar that I like, so I do not feel deprived. I just cannot eat the real crap.

Wow, everyone is doing so well. Awesome.

Amarantha2
06-10-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm on Day 8 and doing well except I've replaced pb cups, apparently, with Milky Way Midnights ... everyone is doing great and I'd talk more but have to take a nap!!! :)

alsbttrfly
06-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Is it to late for me to join this challenge? I've been struggling lately with my weight loss endeavors and figure this challenge may be just what I need to motivate back on to the straight and narrow.
My 21 day challenge beginning on the 11th is 3 part. 1. To cut back my calories to 1800 or less 2. To journal what I eat and 3. No snacking after 8pm.
The exercise part is easy for me but watching what I eat is not. I tend to snack when I'm bored or sometimes for just no reason. So, maybe if I can keep focused through this challenge maybe I'll drop a few pounds in the process.

Amarantha2
06-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Hi, Alsbttrfly!!! Welcome to the Challengettes! :wave: It is NEVER to late to join this challenge as it's an ongoing thing and if the thread gets too long we can just start a new one!!! We are all chipping away at our personal 21-days and as thou seest (sorry, I talk like that sometimes), no one has made it to 21 days as yet, but Ceara be very close (the first person to do so wins a prize, but the challenges go on and one). I, for one, plan on continuing to do challenges after I complete my 21 days of pb cup NOT, which I believe I will do!!!!! Huzzah!!!

Here's the new Challengette roster! Yowza:

Challengettes:

Alsbttrfly
Amarantha
Arabella
Bburoughs
Cerise
Ceara
Katrinabgood
Kaylets
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
Stababe
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw
Zadie

deleted2
06-10-2004, 08:20 PM
A day "on the road" yesterday knocked me way off balance, so I'm back to Day One. Wah! :?: Quite honestly I'm embarrassed that I can't seem to get this thing off the ground--I ususally do a bit better with this kind of thing. Also, I have this mid-afternoon fatigue thing happening and maybe I'm eating more because I think it'll energize me or something?
Anyway, I'm soldiering on even if I have to come crawling back time after time. What else am I going to do?

Go, Ceara, go! :D :D :D

wsw
06-10-2004, 09:08 PM
hi all!

made it through day 7. tricky for me, since fell off the trolley here last time, so wanted to keep myself honest. good evening, all challengettes.

ceara
06-10-2004, 10:04 PM
Pick your seatbelt wsw and strap in. We have some nice designer ones in a beautiful array of colours! Thee'd be on block 2!

Have gone back and checked my 21 day goals...am still OK...Did not drink enough water in my estimation today but I only wanted to drink lotsa water...whatever that means.

Had a rough day in the old pantry....see food journal for details...however am reporting a successful Day 17 :eek: I think that chocolate cake would count as both sugar and junk...wadda think? Besides I'd prolly have a sore tummy....too rich. But it looks S-O G-O-O-D! :cry:

I think I'll go to bed and read until I'm :tired:. Have the new Kellerman up there I think...Therapy it is called.

Welcome to alsbttrfly. Nope never too late...we have all experienced Day 1 restarts. Empress thee'd be on the 2nd block!! :cp: Have a :cb: PBC :nono:
Eydie glad you enjoyed the museum....yes eating on the road is bad....that is why I dread trips to dog shows with the munch monkey I travel with. By the by, all you who asked...my elder heathen puppy took Best of Winners on Sat, Group 1 in the bred-by group and her younger heathen sister took a group 3 in the puppy match group....they did very well. The last 2 wins are no points, just prestige and practice but fun!

Anyway, am off for the upper regions!

:wave: Let's all stay on the wagon! See ya tomorrow!

Ceara

SKYFIREFLY
06-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey, I forgot to get on here for awhile hello everyone and sounds like your all doing well. Anyways I have at least been on the June journal challenge on a bit of a regular basis. Still pugging a way trying to take of the excess weight I don't need. At least my clothes fit better and I feel lots better. Still have 12lbs more to dispose of though. Then keeping it off is always fun. Well good luck to all!
Skyfirefly

ceara
06-11-2004, 08:41 AM
Onto day 18!! I've met my June mini-goal already, but will wait until 15th to change for the next goal....hafta see where I am at that point.

Empress A how old is Ol'Dog? I have 2 here that are 11 or 12...I'd have to look at their papers....11 I think.

Not walking this morning...the rain is too rainy for me...I don't mind drizzle but this is drops...BIG drops. Maybe this pm if it dries up a bit.

Anyway have to go practise the piano.....DD is singing a Mozart thingy...they are always so trilly and light...I dislike trills. She is doing it in Italian ('tis the recital season you know) and there is one repeated phrase at the end where the words sound like Quack...needless to say I have trouble restraining myself at that point....the giggles I mean...and of course she knows what is going through my mind.....She is singing at Confirmation this Sunday also....a hymn, where she sings above a running ostinato and "I don't know how to love him" from Jesus Christ Superstar.....should be fun.....

I'm off! Stay on the wagon ladies....it is muddy under those there wheels...at least here :s: !!!!

:wave:

Ceara

bburoughs
06-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Hello Everyone, this is Day 11 for me. Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Take Care!

bburoughs
06-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Hi alsbttrfly, forgot to welcome you to the Challengettes!!!

Amarantha2
06-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Ok, I'm actually calling this a good no pb cup kinda Day 9, as (sorry if this is redundant) I don't have to go anywhere and it is hot and I won't be leaving the house to buy pb cups!!! :lol3: So, though it be early, I'm saying "ON TO DAY 10!!" :coffee:

Ceara, thou be the heir apparent here to complete the first challenge!!! Huzzah! :cp: You're doing great!!! BTW, re the age of Old Dog, there be some disagreement between me and the vet, who says I said she was older when I first brought her in, but I believe she's approximately 9. I've long since lost her adoption papers (I got her from the Home for Friendless Animals when she was 3 months)!

Yea, reading be therapy, but I have an unfortunate desire to eat when I read mysteries, but I'm working on that ... don't want to give up mystery reading, so forcing myself to lay off the munchies when I do it!

Bburoughs, ELEVEN fab days and counting!!! Thou be stalwart indeed!!!! Huzzah to thee!!!

Eydie, no fear, though thou be going back to day one, thou be still doing a great and consistent job ... I'd still be going back to Day One every other day if I hadn't picked an easier challenge! :coffee:

Skyfirefly, thou be really consistent and faithful to both the journal thread and the challenge!!! Thy attitude be bound to carry over into the arena of Demon Scale. Those 12 pounds are history!!!! Yowza!!!

Wsw: DAY EIGHT and COUNTING!!! Fantastic!!! No falling off the trolley for thee now! You're doing great! :cheer:

To all Challengettes, mentioned and unmentioned, huzzah! Sorry to be so long winded. I shall ariseth and go now! :wave:

maat
06-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi! :)
I've been reading your posts about the 21 days challenge and I think that's a great idea. Do you allow me to became one of you? I'm 19 years old and I need to lose 19 pounds. I'm small: 5'0'' and I would like to reach 110 pounds. Well I'll set my goals:

- Make a food report everyday at Fitday;
- 1300 cal a day (ok, I can only slide to 1350...higher than that I'll go to day one again :P );
- go 2 hours a week to the gym for my body pump and body combat lessons;
- drink my water (1,5 L - 2,0 L);
- no junk food;
- no eating because I'm nervous;

And now the extra difficulty: In the next week will begin my exams season. it'll last until 22th of July. It's a very hard time to be on a diet, there's a hughe pressure over my shoulders :mad: :mad: :mad:
But I believe I can make it, I really want to show myself I can keep this! :^:
Waiting for your approval!
By the way If i'm allowed to today I behave myself really well: 2.0 L of water and 1232 cal, can I consider it day one?tomorrow i'll go to the gym

Hugs

maat

Amarantha2
06-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Yo, Maat! :wave: No need to wait for our approval because I know everyone agrees that you're most welcome!!! The more support we have here the better! Hope you relax and have fun with the challenge, though, and don't let it pressure you (especially during exams)! If you do it, great, if you have a slip, well, it's just a game! :coffee:

Here's the new list:

Challengettes:

Alsbttrfly
Amarantha
Arabella
Bburoughs
Cerise
Ceara
Katrinabgood
Kaylets
Maat
Nova Jen
Skyfirefly
Stababe
TechAlum
Wildfire
Wsw
Zadie

Arabella
06-12-2004, 06:00 AM
Day 1 again. I've been really stressed out, caught a cold, and let the plan get sidelined (although I followed a pretty stringent detox plan for 8/10 days and didn't go overboard on the other two). However, I know I'd feel so much better if I tried to do everything on my list, because it's got destressors built right into it. Today I try again! :wave: Challengers!

ceara
06-12-2004, 09:17 AM
I know Empress A, but now unfortunately my life is not always in my own control. I have not gone off my eating programme, just couldn't do the no food after 7 last night...was at a fund raiser for the Barbershoppers, and they started their d***ed dinner at 7:45. I had a small amount of pasta and salad, tea and 2 bites of a roll...so the food part is good, and lotsa water :lol: but the hour was wrong. So, back I go with Miss Arabella. Day 1...that's OK though, the scale is very encouraging.

I will keep the same objectives with one alteration...no food after 7 except for social occasions over which I have no control!

I canna tell a lie!

Ceara

wsw
06-12-2004, 09:34 AM
day 9-strapped in by my designer seatbelt and hanging on. hi challengettes, one and all!

Amarantha2
06-12-2004, 10:29 AM
Yowza, Sword Bearer, thou art still a champion!!! Huzzah for thy amazing 17-day streak!!! I wanna be thee when I grow up!!! :cp: :hat: :hb: :jig: :cheer: That timing thing be hard to handle when we don't totally control our schedules, so with that little alteration, thou shouldst be on thy way to the full 21 ...

Arabella, thy stalwartness in following that detox plan be amazing!!! Glad you are back on the thread! Huzzah!!!

Congrats on being at Day 9, W!!!! Huzzah!!!!

I'm officially on Day 10 ... but need to point out that I have a very easy challenge. It didn't seem easy when I started, due to my obsession with the PB Cup Demon , but I no longer care about that particular :devil: anymore. This challenge has given me the chance to eliminate at least one binge source from my life, so it's to the good!!

We're all doing great!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

TechAlum
06-12-2004, 01:09 PM
Hello Challengettes!!!

Well, I have successfully completed day 13 and am onto day 14 :eek: . I am pretty impressed, but I think I'm going to modify my challenge just a little from "no eating after dinner" to "no eating after 8:30 or dinner which ever is earlier". We've been eating really late lately (even for us) and then sitting around the table until even later. So I think I need to modify my challenge just that little bit.

I really need to go clean house so I'll try to come back later to reply to all. But for now:

We are all doing great, even those of us who have slipped up, at least we keep trying. Good luck to all this weekend.

-Tech

alsbttrfly
06-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome!!!

Day 1, I journaled everything and consumed 1618 calories. I stopped eating around 7:30, so Check!!

Day 2, 1581 calories and stopped eating around the same time. Still writing down everything. Check, Check!!

I think 1800 calories may be too high so will aim for around 1600 or less for now on!!

Day 3, Here I come!!

Good Luck everyone!!

deleted2
06-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Day 3 for me! I want to add something to my challenge: starting out the day with some form of exercise, even if it's only 5 minutes. I think it would set the tone for the day and inspire me to be 'good'.

Amarantha2
06-12-2004, 09:56 PM
Yo, Challengettes, everyone seems to be on track and tweaking their challenges. I'm going to add something to mine as well, in addition to NO PB CUPS, I'm adding NO MILKY WAY BARS!!! :lol3: Substituting those for the pb cups last week led to a binge and I briefly considered having two of them today but luckily found some caramel Prias (may have to eliminate THOSE sometime, too, but not now as they are hands-over-fist better for me than the pbs and the milky ways)!!! So I'm calling Day 10 good and on to Day 11 (I think) and the rest of the days will be eliminating BOTH pb cups and Milky Ways (of all kinds, I like the Midnight ones)! Huzzah! :cheer:

maat
06-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Day 2 passed with 1312 cal (1350 is the limit), and 1.5 L of water :)
Day 3 on the way...go everyone we can make it!

Kisses
maat ;)

Amarantha2
06-13-2004, 01:38 PM
Congrats on a successful two days, Maat!!! :cp:

Demon Scale performed acceptibly for me today ... a half pound doesn't seem like much but at my rate of loss, it's good! So the :devil: scale is safe from being turned into a lamp, at least for another week.

I'm on Day 11 of what is now the no pb cup and no milky way challenge! Huzzah!

alsbttrfly
06-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Day 3 is a success!! Closed in under 1200 calories. Due to my realization that 6 months from today I will turn 30 I have decided to get more aggressive about my weight loss. I joined weight watchers online this morning. So, I'm adjusting my challenge from calories to points. I will try to stay within my allotted points(22) for the rest of my challenge and not use any of my flexpoints or any activity points gained. So far (today) so good. I went to the gym this morning and ran the treadmill and rode the bike.

Arabella
06-13-2004, 02:48 PM
Yes, I'm moving up to Day 2, having actually looked at and attempted to do my list yesterday. Here's how I did:

To do list/plan for the day: 6 (made one, actually did some of the stuff)
Aerobic exercise: 7 (1 hour walk)
Flexibility exercise: 7 (tai chi)
Strength training: 0 (I should have gone to the gym)
Energy work: 6 (tai chi)
Eat only at table when alone: 4 (actually forgot this part :o )
Creative break: 5 (arranged a vase of eucalytus)
Make your environment nice: 5 (see above :lol: )
Groom nicely (remember you're a model!): 7
Eat only when hungry: 10
No white stuff: 7 (guess wine counts, huh)
Meditate: 7
Fun: 5
Socialize: 6
Evening prayer/focus/centering: 0 (forgot)

Kat, you may freely borrow any/all of my list and I won't even call you a copy Kat :rofl:. I was trying to remember what thread we used to post on together, other than the 21 Day Challenge. Something to do with deep issues, maybe Geneen Roth-related? That was back when I was babette

:wave: Hi Challengers!

deleted2
06-13-2004, 07:26 PM
Can you believe it? I've successfully completed Day 4! :D I feel firmly back in the groove now. Started out my day with a 30 min. step video. And I started taking all my supplements again.

Welcome Maat! Love your name--the Egyptian goddess, right?

maat
06-13-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi everyone!!
Day 3 done!
Ready for day 4!! :)
Yes Eydie I named it after the Egyptian goddess, nice that you know that, it seems nobody knows that ;)
Congratulations on completed Day 4, go everyone!!

Kisses
maat

Amarantha2
06-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Well, here is the same boring ol' thing from me: it be seriously hot, I do not want to go out and get pb cups OR milky way midnight bars when I don't have to, I want to stay in and finish the novel I'm reading, HENCE I'm calling Day 11 good and am on my way to Day 12. Will be back on the journal thread with menu/exercise report!!!

Congrats to all the fantastic Challengettes as we wend our way through the maze of another successful week-to-be!!!

Maat, I am reading some mysteries set in Egypt and I just saw a mention of Maat and her feather a few days ago but didn't connect it with thy screen name ... took our noble goddess-in-training to point it out. I love the name, too. My avatar is an ancient statue of Artemis, though it looks like Marilyn Monroe in "Seven Year Itch!"

But I digress. Anyhow, go Challengettes! :cheer:

Arabella, I remember that Roth thread we had going ... it was fun to have those deep discussions on weight issues. Too bad it died out!

Arabella
06-14-2004, 06:57 AM
Yesterday:

To do list/plan for the day: 0 (forgot)
Aerobic exercise: 10 (2.5 hour bike ride)
Flexibility exercise: 8 (yoga, qi qong)
Strength training: 0 (I'm behind on my weightlifing)
Energy work: 6 (qi qong)
Eat only at table when alone: 10
Creative break: 3
Make your environment nice: 4
Groom nicely (remember you're a model!): 7
No white stuff: 7 (guess wine counts, huh)
Meditate: 0 (forgot)
Fun: 5
Socialize: 5
9 fruits/veggies: 5

Could have done better on a number of fronts. Will try harder today :yes:

deleted2
06-14-2004, 07:12 AM
Feeling really good about Day 5! My unique challenge this week will be at work. We're doing a kids' art program this week and I'll be supplying all the snacks. My goal is to not indulge in any of it--unless it's something I feel really good about and will fit into my calorie budget.

Maat, there's a reference to Maat in "American Gods"--excellent book--where a character says something like 'Don't worry, it's a really heavy feather'! ;)

zadie k
06-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Hello,
Well, I was back too day 1 after Friday, so now I am on day 3. Actually it is not so much the 21 days as the awareness of what is in my food. Yikes.

I am going to add another separate 21 day challenge. Today was day 1 of my bike-to-work-unless-it-is-raining challenge. It was not a bad ride. It is about 5 miles each way, which is rather short, but there is one monster of a hill that it a good mile long (which I had to walk part way) and so serious traffic problems. I am still trying to find the best route. The good news is that on the way home it is mostly downhill.

Amarantha2
06-14-2004, 03:32 PM
... "a really heavy feather!" Love that, Eydie!

Zadie, I'm totally inspired by thy bike-to-work challenge!!! If I didn't work all over the county (plus I can't ride a bike), I'd join thee! Really a fun challenge. Looking forward to thy reports!

Arabella: Thy list be truly a prescription for balanced living. You could market that program on a website and make a fortune. You're doing great at meeting your goals!

Eydie: Good luck with the kiddie snacks ... I love kid food (except for those strange, expensive meat-cheese-pudding-brownie-cracker-thingies-all-mixed-up-in-a-plastic-package)! Have fun.

I'm OFFICIALLY on Day 12 of no pb cups, no Milky Way bars!!! Yowza! Not expecting to crack but did look briefly at a 12-pack of white choc pb cups in Wally World this a.m. ... hurried on past, though, lest I turn into a pillar of salt. Did have two donuts in reaction, but that's life. :wave:

alsbttrfly
06-14-2004, 05:51 PM
Day 4 a success, with 21 points!! Hopefully I'll be able to keep this up the rest of the week! Got plenty of exercise today, think I'll try to incorporate some strenght training into my routine.

Good job challengettes, keep it up!!!

Amarantha2
06-15-2004, 08:52 AM
I need to start putting my day number in the title of my posts here as I'm losing track!! :coffee: I had a huge binge yesterday but the only things I DIDN'T eat were pb cups and Milky Ways! :lol3:

Congratulations on a successful Day 4 alsbutterfly!!! :cp:

Everyone's doing great! Go Challengettes! :cheer:

ceara
06-15-2004, 09:19 AM
These were my goals...21 days ago.

No food after 7.
*No wine (it hurts my stomach these days as do a lot of foods....dunno why..off to MD tomorrow)
*Sensible food
*Sensible portions
No sugar
No junk
*Lotsa water
*Walk the road at least 3 times a week.

I met the ones with the * I think I did OK. Now will start again with some revisions.

No food after 7. (except for social occasions which I have no control over.)
No wine/Alcohol
Sensible food
Sensible portions
No sugar (except for my BD...next week...I may want cake)
No junk
Lotsa water
Walk the road at least 3 times a week.

Day 1 !! Yah-Ha!
Off to tread the road...man it is hot out there!

Ceara

bburoughs
06-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Well, I see everyone is hanging in there!. Keep up the work, Challengettes!

Well I made it thru the weekend! Today is officially Day 15 for me!!! :D Only six more to go, hope I can make it.

I see we have a new Challengette since I last posted. Hi and welcome Maat. Glad to have you here!

Hope Everyone have a great day!

TechAlum
06-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Just posting to really quick to say I have successfully completed day 16 and am on day 17 :D. I've also added a second "non-weight loss" 21 day challenge. Which got to day 2 and then slid back to day 1.

-Tech

maat
06-16-2004, 07:33 AM
Hi everyone!thanks bburoughs ;)
Day 5 went well I even did my body pump lesson...i'm so sore today!!! :mad:
But ready for day 6, I'm starting to see results yeah yeah yeah!!!
Good luck for everyone!Challengette power baby!

Kisses
maat

ceara
06-16-2004, 08:01 AM
Day 2!

Am off for my walk!

Ceara

Arabella
06-16-2004, 08:12 AM
Hey Challengers!
I'm continuing on -- did i mention I was doing the induction phase of the South Beach diet? Not finding it difficult at all, much better than the fruit & veg detox I tried last :p -- Just felt like I was getting too much sugar AND only lost a pound after 7 full days. I've got 2 days here, so I'll post numbers for them one after another.

Early morning prayer/focus/centering: 10, 10
To do list/plan for the day: 4, 8 (did taxes from former to do list, that'll count :eek: )
Aerobic exercise: 7 (30 min. run), 7 (30 min walk, 20 min circuit training)
Flexibility exercise: 8 (tai chi class)
Strength training: 10 (circuit training)
Energy work: 6 (qi qong), 8 (tai chi class)
Eat only at table when alone: 10, 10
Creative break: 4, 7 (tucked some seeds into the garden, thought about garden plan)
Make your environment nice: 7
Groom nicely (remember you're a model!): 7, 7
Eat only when hungry: 10, 10
80+ ounces of water: 10, 10
No white stuff: 10, 10
Vitamins: 10, 10
Meditate: 10, 0 (didn't)
Journal: 4, 4
Fun: 5, 6
Socialize: 6, 8
Evening prayer/focus/centering: 6, 8
9 fruits/veggies: 7, 10

Amarantha2
06-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Yowza!!! Everyone is doing so well on this challenge!!! :cheer:

Ceara, congratulations on meeting most of your goals for 21 days!!! That's a real success story and calls for a celebration!!!!! An anonymous well-wisher hath sent thee a virtual award of a celebratory cake :hb: ... calorie free, sugar free and without consequences of any kind even if thou virtually eateth the whole thing at a sitting after 7 o'clock at night!!! Yowza!!!

Arabella: Huzzah on Day 2 of thy formidable list challenge!!! :cp:

Maat: Body Pump sounds so fun ... I wish they'd do stuff like that at my gym ... you're gonna ace Day 6!!! Huzzah!

Tech: Wow, thou art doing TWO 21-dayers at the same time? That's a fantastic attitude ... I'm thinking of emulating thee (e.g., stealing thy idea) ... if you don't mind? I'm going to do it in a separate post ...

Bburoughs: Wowza! Congrats on being at Day 16 ... almost two weeks!! Huzzah!!!

To all Challengettes, mentioned and unmentioned, well ...

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Amarantha2
06-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Ok, dokey!!!! Huzzah and greetings! Wish to advise that in totally shameless imitation of TechAlum, I'm going to attempt a second 21-day challenge :yikes: AT THE SAME TIME I'm finishing the PB cup/Milky Way NOT one!!! It is simple and relates to :eating: ... e.g., FOR 21 DAYS I WILL EAT NO HIGHER THAN 1699 CALORIES DAILY!

I do this because I wish to lose this freakin' weight and stop fooling around! :goodscale:

Amen! Quid pro quo. :coffee2:

alsbttrfly
06-16-2004, 09:20 AM
Congratulations Ceara!!!!! Way to go Girl!!!!

Day 5 was a success, with 21.5 points. Day 6 still a work in progress, but with 14 points remaining for today I think I'm okay.

Good Luck ALL!!!

maat
06-16-2004, 10:09 AM
Hi hi hi i'm back with good news!!!! 2 pounds lots since last week!yeah yeah yeah victory dance!! Part of it was water because I was with TPM last week, but these week no, and I even so I did lost some weight right?I'm so happy I'm finally seeing results and big ones, yeah yeah yeah!!Ok I'm bit hysteric, ok...I'll hit myself to regain control ;) :P

Day 6 on the way
Kisses kisses kisses

maat

PS: I'll now have to change my signature!! yeah

zadie k
06-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Hello,
I am now on day 5 of my no refined sugar challenge and day 3 of my bike to work challenge. The biking has been going very well so far, except that my boyfriend was worried when I got home later than he expected on Monday. He was ready to go riding around looking for me because he thought disaster had struck. But I got home just fine and then he bought me a really good bike helmet, so it was all OK.

I am very impressed at how well people are sticking to their challenges.

TechAlum
06-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Hello All,

I am chugging away at my 21 day no night eating challenge. Yesterday was difficult because even though we sat down to eat at the right time, it was so hot dinner took longer than usual and I just squeeked under the new 8:30 rule. Anyway I'm counting it as a success and on to day 18 :eek:

On the other hand the NWL (non weight loss) challenge is not going so well, I'm still stuck at day one, but I will succeed :D.

Amarantha - Wow 2 WL challenges at the same time, I am impressed. I'm waiting until I finish one to start another. Just trying to pick one that will be doable and challenging. :o

Zadie - Biking to work, that's pretty impressive, I keep thinking of doing that (I only live 1.5 miles away), but I'm on my feet all day and biking home would stink.

Maat - Congrats on the 2 lbs :bravo:

Ceara - Yea on meeting more than half your goals, good luck on the next 21 days!!

Alsbutterfly - Hope you finished day 6 well.

Well I'm off to lock myself in my sewing room, need to finish a quilt top by Sat :eek:

-Tech

Amarantha2
06-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Tech, sorry, thought you meant you were doing two at once! :) Anyhow, I'm gonna ... You're doing great, congrats on being at Day 18!!! Huzzah!

Zadie, YOU are doing two staggered ones at the same time ... at least I don't feel like the Lone*Ranger!!! :lol3: Congrats on the supportive bf and thy new bike helmet!!

MAAT: KUDOS ON THY 2 POUNDS DOWN!!! WTG!!! :cp: :flow1: :hb:

Alsbutterfly: Fantastic work on Day 5!!! You're doing great!!! :cheers:

I guess I should eat breakfast ... been at gym and have to travel today!

maat
06-17-2004, 08:23 AM
thanks everyone!day 6 done!
day 7 on the way!tomorrow big big exam!
I'm happy because I'm portuguese and I'm in Portugal :) and Portugal won the yesterday's match against Russia!!!;) ;) ;) Euro 2004!

Kisses
maat

bburoughs
06-17-2004, 09:33 AM
Morning,

Popping in really quick to report on my status. I had a successful Day 16 and I am on Day 17.

Off to work for me!

Have a good day, Challengettes!

Arabella
06-17-2004, 09:43 AM
Huzzahs all 'round! Everyone's doing so well! I'm so happy to have reached Day 5. This is Day 4 of the South Beach induction, and I feel like -- I HAVE FOUND MY DIET!!! It suits me to a T. I think that once I get to phase II, where you can have whole grains, fruits, and the occasional glass of wine, I'll be happy to mostly follow it forever. Even Phase I seems VERY livable. I'll weigh in tomorrow, but I feel like I've made progress.

Here's yesterday:
Aerobic exercise: 8 (30 min step tape)
Flexibility exercise: 0
Strength training: N/A
Energy work: 0
Creative break: 4
Groom nicely (remember you're a model!): 5
No white stuff: 10
Meditate: 4
Fun: 7
9 fruits/veggies: 10

Amarantha2
06-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Yo! As I be monumentally short'a'time right now, I'll just second Arabella's "HUZZAHS ALL AROUND" and my little report is in the title o' this postie!!!

:coffee:

:coffee2:

zadie k
06-17-2004, 01:14 PM
So..day 4 of the bike to work challenge. It is going very well and is actually rather fun. Plus I figured out that with the miles I am going I am burning an extra 400 calories a day which is great.

So, I should be on day six of the no refined sugar thing, but I might have slipped up and be back at day one. I ma not entirely positive, but I had a fruit tart thing that from the co-op that may have had some refined sugar in it. Well, just to be on the safe side...Day 1. crud.

So, I have a question that need a good opinion...in my bike to work challenge should I count the weekends? I am not working those days, but I am not not biking to work either. Hmmm.

wsw
06-17-2004, 01:38 PM
on day 14 of my challenge. everyone is doing so well! congrats to all on all your efforts and success. take care, all.

maat
06-18-2004, 07:37 AM
Hi there!
Day 7 done!!Day eight on the way!!yeah yeah
Go everyone!!!
Zackie, in the weekend there isn't any work to ride to right? ;)

Kisses
maat

deleted2
06-18-2004, 08:15 AM
Day 9 for me! It hasn't always been pretty but I'm still hanging in there! ;)

SKYFIREFLY
06-18-2004, 08:32 AM
I haven't been on in awhile but I have still been recording my journal and trying my best to keep off what I have taken off. Boy its never easy! Sounds like yah all been doing checking in well on this challenge. Good luck to all of you!
Skyfirefly

ceara
06-18-2004, 08:33 AM
Think I'll go back to Day 1....having trouble getting my head around all parts of my challenges...type A personality crashing and burning. Anyway. The walking is good, and the no wine.....portion control OK....but having a lot of odd cravings at odd times...no I'm Not Preggers.....saw Frogger is back!...somewhere....I think in the palace. :wave: And Cerise...thou hast dragged thyself off thy sickbed and out of thy sick chamber to come back to us! Yes! Hope all the week-ends are successful....off to walk!

Ceara

Amarantha2
06-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Sis boom and bah, we be the Challengettes and we be DOING GREAT on the march to that elusive but desirable land o' 21-DAYS, hooorrays!!! :cheer:

My little report be in the title ... I'm confident I can go the distance this time on the calorie challenge and the PB cup & MW NOT thing is in the bag!!! :sumo:

Zadie, IMO, you should count the weekend days because your challenge was to follow the bike-to-work plan for 21 days and the plan is to bike to work when you go to work, isn't it? :coffee: Ergo and quid pro quo ... :mag:

And personally I feel that the point of the 21-day challenge is to that if we establish good fitness/weight management/lifestyle habits, they'll stay with us, so your biking to work for three weeks really seems to fit the bill, but if your plan calls for resting from biking on the weekends, then that's all part of the same thing.

Hmmm. :)

Yo to Sword Bearer, congratulations on starting a new challenge!!! You'll do 'er!!! You're stalwart and the bearer of the sword and shall prevail!!!! Huzzah!!! :flow1:

Hi, Skyfirefly, thanks for the report ... sounds like you're doing great! :wave:

Wsw: HUZZAH ON PASSING THE TWO-WEEK MARK!!! Sorry to shout, but you're really hanging in there!!! Yowza! :cheer:

Eydie: Looking fine at Day 9 ... exceptional work there, :queen: E!!! :cp:

Maat: Day 8 and looking great!!!! WTG!!!!! :cp:

Arabella: Congratulations on Day 4 of SB and on thy great progress with thy list!!!! Following your adventures on the beach with interest ...

Bburoughs: You are almost at the finish line ... huzzah!!!!! :cp: :cheer: :flow1:

TECH: IT LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL REACH DAY 21 ON SATURDAY!!! :cp: Please keep reporting and pm me where I should send the nonvirtual, fab, though inexpensive prize the prize committee promised for the first person to finish a 21-day challenge (if you want and feel comfortable doing that ... it could also be a po box to preserve anonymity ... if you don't feel comfortable, I totally understand and the prize committee will substitute a fab virtual item of comparable nonvalue :encore: :gossip:

Well, seemingly I have taken up more than my share of bytes here and shall cease rambling ... let's keep going, Challengettes, as to reach 21 days methinks be a really great accomplishment that we can then build on for future motivation as we move towards our goals! :cheer:

Arabella
06-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Still going strong. I don't know if the absence of cravings is an effect of SB induction, but I'm definitely enjoying it. I've had the occasional thought that I'd like something carby -- a sandwich, a glass of wine, a few fries -- but never anything overwhelming, just simply little thoughts that drift into my head and that I release into the wild. Before, they would typically badger me until I gave in. So, yay for SB!

I'm going to aim for at least an hour of aerobic exercise a day. Guess I'll add that, because it does seem to help me motivation-wise.

Here's yesterday:
1 hr. aerobic exercise: 8 (8 25 min. walk, 22 min. circuit training)
Flexibility exercise: 7 (tai chi class)
Energy work: 8 tai chi
Make your environment nice: 6
Groom nicely (remember you're a model!): 5

TechAlum
06-18-2004, 11:56 AM
Hello,

I'm on day 20 of my no eating after dinner/8:30 challenge. I can't believe how much easier it is on day 20 than it was on day 1. I guess that's the point of the challenge. I think I'm going to keep it up, because next week is PMS week and I'm notoriously bad that week :(

Still stuck at day 1 of my NWL challenge though :o. Need to get working on that.

Trying to figure out what to do for my next challenge. Debating between journalling for 21 days, which I've been very bad at recently, and NEVER go a full week. It will be really difficult, but I think I need it. On the other hand drinking water particularly on days that I don't work is always a challenge although easier in summer, so I was I was thinking maybe that.....Hmm I will decide by Monday.

Zadie - Ditto what Amarantha said. I'd count 'em.

Amarantha - No need for a prize, I'm feeling pretty happy as is :D. You're not to far behind on that no PBC challenge.

Everyone seems to be doing great. Keep up the good work (I sound like my mom :eek: ).

Have a great weekend. I probably won't be back I'm working both days and have a grad party Sat, and Father's day picnic Sun. So I'll be busy.

- Tech

zadie k
06-18-2004, 12:26 PM
Howdy,
On day 5 of the bike challenge. It was very windy today so it was a rather strenuous ride, but it felt pretty good and I found a safer route for part of my journey. I am going to reward myself this weekend by buying some biking gloves so that when I take that inevitable spill into the pavement I will not wreck my palms. Today I made it further up the big hill than ever before. By the end of the summer I was to be able to ride up the whole hill, even if it has to be in a wimpy gear.

Day 2 of the no refined sugar challenge. Yesterday I did a very good job of avoiding temptation. I do not mind being back at the beginning really, because even if I never make it 21 days I at least make in several days in a row which is better than I would have done otherwise.

I am glad to see people doing so well. I hope y'all make new challenges after you are don with this one so that you stick around the thread.

wsw
06-18-2004, 04:15 PM
on day 15, plugging along with the food journaling. some days are definitely less difficult than others. at this point, i still seem to be fighting it, but doing it, nonetheless, and that what counts. a big hello to all challengettes and you are doing great!

deleted2
06-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Back to day 1 for me! Last day of the kid's week at work and I indulged in too much MINDLESS nibbling. Crud.... Didn't help that I was the one preparing it.

Amarantha2
06-19-2004, 09:29 AM
WARNING: SOMEWHAT NEGATIVE MOOD HERE, SORRY TO BRING DOWN THE GROUP SPIRIT AND WILL TRY TO IMPROVE AND BE CHIPPER BY THE NEXT POSTIE:

Well, I stopped journaling yesterday, which put me in a negative state for the under 1699 cal challenge because I lost track of where I was and then just ate every junky thing I could lay hands on, so I'm back on Day 1 of the calorie thing ... plus my weight'll be up on Sunday, but that's another issue! :bomb: I'm trying the calorie thing again, the no pb cup, no Milky Way thing is in the bag! It's easy to avoid two items when you're eating your way around town! :eating2: :hungry: :mcd: :sumo:

Amarantha2
06-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Well, here's the ultimate negative postie: I ATE A PB CUP!!! So the glorious 17-day streak is at an end! Sigh!

I'm evaluating my plans now. Huzzah, will get back to ya, Challengettes!!!

Arabella
06-19-2004, 06:16 PM
Aerobic exercise: 10 30 min. run, 30 min walk
Creative break: 6
1 hour aerobics: 10 :cp: :cp:

alsbttrfly
06-19-2004, 06:22 PM
Well, I'm back to day 1, unfortunately. Ate dinner after 8pm two nights ago and last night I couldn't resist a snack. So, here I am back to day 1. Tomorrow is my weigh in so lets hope for a loss.

Looks like everyone is still doing a great job, which is of course, terrific!!! Keep up the Work!!

alsbttrfly
06-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Well, when I was typing the above post, I hadn't yet read page 15. Looks like I'm not the only one back to day 1, but let's get back on that horse, Amarantha, and not get discouraged. We can do this!!!

maat
06-19-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi there :)
Day 9 done!
Ready for day 10!!! I'm actually doing this, I can't believe it!!
Go everyone, together we can make it!!!
yeah yeah yeah challengettes power!!! :dizzy:

Kisses
maat

Amarantha2
06-20-2004, 07:46 AM
Er, the spirit here is so great, I hate to say this, but I'm cooling it with the 21-day challenges for awhile. Can I just be a cheerleader here and present the fab prize to the first person who reaches 21 days if that person will pm me where it should be sent (or a virtual fab prize if the first finisher doesn't want to share a s-mail addy to preserve anonymity, which I understand)!!!

Sorry, I know I started this thread. I'm always proposing challenges and not following through and maybe later, I'll want to try a challenge. Just need a cooling off period as I'm discouraging myself by continual failure! I still think the 21-dayer club is a good idea and want to keep checking in with the Challengettes! Huzzah! It may be that I need a challenge like exercising everyday or doing yoga everyday ... something that doesn't relate to food! :chin:

Arabella
06-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Amarantha, I think that you might be on to something with thine idea of the non-food challenge. One thing that we do know is, that you NEVER give up! HUZZAH!!!

Here's yesterday:
Aerobic exercise: 10 (30 elliptical trainer, 30 min walk, 22 min circuit training)
Flexibility exercise: 6 (tai chi)
Energy work: 7
Eat only at table when alone: 4 (I let this one go yesterday, should make a point of it. Sometimes it's been all that saved me from a binge :yes: )
Creative break: 7
Evening prayer/focus/centering: 7
1 hour aerobics: 10 (1 hr 22 mins, thank you very much!) :cp: :cp:

wsw
06-20-2004, 12:10 PM
on day 17 of my journal writing challenge. amarantha-sure understand needing some sort of break or re-assessing time, or not---whatever you need to do for taking good care of yourself. know i am in your corner! you have so much success under your belt (so to speak) and your enthusiasm and support never cease to inspire me. thinking of you and all the challengettes! hope it's a good day for all.

alsbttrfly
06-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Amarantha- you have certainly not failed. You went for 17 days or say with no PB cups!!! That's great!! To have the motivation to even start a challenge is something and to continue for 17 days is excellent. You definately have motivated and encouraged us all with our challenges. So, thank you!!

bburoughs
06-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi Everyone, this is Day 20th for me.

Amarantha, please don't get discouraged. You have been such a big motivator to all of us. I was reading a book my Marty Copeland (she's a personal trainer) and she has a slogan in her book that says "Do the do's and the Don'ts Will Take Care of Themselves". So, maybe you can focus on eating 5 fruits/vegetables a day (or something of that nature) instead of thinking about what you shouldn't have. I know that this approach is working for me and I am a big sweets eater also. It has been more effective for me to keep my focus on what I should eat and instead of always thinking about what I shouldn't eat. Yes, :yes: I do have days that I eat my favorite corn chips, cake, ice cream or candy bar, but I'm learning to focus on what I have done right on those days instead of the wrongs. This past week was one of those, but I made sure that I did the Do's!- Do the vegetables/fruits, water and exercise! Amarantha, all we can do is take it one day a time and one pound at a time. So, please be encouraged and don't give up or feel bad. Eventually, everything will work out for you. Here's a big group hug. :grouphug:

Challengettes, have a good day!

Amarantha2
06-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the great support, Challengettes! I'm not giving up on my weight goals, just cooling the 21-dayers for awhile, but still wanting to :cheer: everyone and will be here ... plus I want to award that prize to the first successful 21-dayer, either nonvirtual or virtual ... I think Bburoughs is the closest, but I may have missed somebody so please SHOUT OUT when you reach Day 21!!! Huzzah!

And, I agree with thee, B, that focusing on what you should eat instead of what you shouldn't is a great step forward ... hmmm, I'm going to make a habit of having at least one of my fab shake recipes a day now that I have the Smoothie Jr. machine, which works great. Today I had mixed melon/grapes/peaches with a scoop of whey powder, soy powder, wheat germ and two capsules of an Omega 3, 6 & 9 supplement ... thus covering all bases in 200 calories of tropical-like heaven.

Sorry, this should be on a food thread, not taking away the focus from the 21-day challenge. Huzzah!

maat
06-21-2004, 08:09 AM
Hi there! Day 10 passed but not with some difficulty....Big match:Portugal-Spain, desire of salty snacks... but yes I made it! I didn't eat junkie! Portugal won!!big big party yesterday here in Lisbon, really cool ;)
Now day 11!!
Aramantha we're here for you, you give us such good suport, hope you'll return soon to the challenges and in the meanwhile don't forget us ;)

Go everyone, we can make it together!! :grouphug:

Lots of kisses

maat

Arabella
06-21-2004, 08:34 AM
Here's yesterday:
Aerobic exercise: 10 1.5 hr. walk
Eat only at table when alone: 6
Groom nicely (remember you're a model!): 4
Fun: 4
Socialize: 4
Evening prayer/focus/centering: 5
1 hour aerobics: 10 (1.5 hrs, thank you very much!)
Bottom line: Weight loss day

I can see I let a lot slip yesterday, even though I'm still doing well diet & exercise-wise. Maybe that's why I feel less into it this morning? I'll try harder today.

nova_jen
06-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Wow- it sounds like everyone has been very busy while I've been away. I was in South Carolina and spent a lot of time in restaurants- between the Key Lime Pie and fried Oysters I don't think I did a single thing to help my cause. My good intentions included packing work out clothes but in the 100+ degree temperatures they didn't make it out of the suitcase.

Amarantha- I was sorry to hear that you were feeling discouraged- I agree with bboroughs that you have been a great motivator for many people!

Arabella- are you still loving the SBD? I bought the book on the weekend and have been thinking about beginning it soon. My only dilemna is I have plans for the next four weekends which will make a full commitment difficult- but I guess I could begin and at least try a modified plan for the first few weeks- maybe I will start at Phase II and go back to Phase I in a few weeks.

My 21 day challenge will be keeping a food journal and going to the gym/or equivalent a min. of 4/times a week.

Happy Monday to all of my fellow challengettes!
- Jen

zadie k
06-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Day 8 of biking to work. Day 1 again of no refined sugar. Empirical evidence that "i will" challenges are easier than "i will not" challenges. Hmmm.

Amarantha2
06-21-2004, 02:48 PM
Huzzah! I'm still lurking and waiting breathlessly for everyone's reports!!! :jig:

Actually I'm on Day 2 of the CCRRMM Independence Day Sprint, for which my challenge is to do all that I can to lose four pounds by July 4. No rules, just using all the weapons at my disposal to get this extra weight off and get back on track. Not posting my menus anymore, just journaling in a little notebook as I did when I lost the original 100 pounds! Eating what I want and counting calories as well as counting exercise minutes (calories in/calories out)

I am calling this A DIET!!! :lol3: I know the word "diet" isn't highly popular, but that's what I call it!

See ya, Challengettes!!!

Arabella
06-22-2004, 06:46 AM
Good morning, Challengers!
Hi NovaJenn, yes, I'm still loving SB. I haven't craved anything, and it's been really easy to follow. I'd lost 3 pounds in the first three days and will weigh in Friday again (which will be ten days into it). It's easy to move back and forth between phases, so one thing you could do would be to do Phase I through the week and Phase II on the weekends. Good luck!

Aerobic exercise: 25 min walk, 21 min circuit training, 35 min bike ride = 1.21
1 hour aerobics: 10 (82 mins, thank you very much!)

maat
06-22-2004, 08:00 AM
hi hi!!
Day 11 done ;) Day 12 on the way...
Stress stress stress : big exam thursday :dizzy:

A good day for everyone;)

Kisses
maat

bburoughs
06-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I completed 21 Days on my challenge. I am down 5 pounds. :cheer: I will think about what I will add to my challenge and post it later.

Have a good day everyone!

maat
06-22-2004, 10:43 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Congratulations bburoughs!!!You made it!!!! :wave:

:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :hat: :hat: :hat: :hat: :dance: :dance: :dance: :balloons: :hb: :balloons:

5 pounds down!!!! yeah yeah yeah!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Challengettes power!! :grouphug:

I'm so happy for you!!!You're such an example!!!! :thanks:

And now you can ask for a virtual wish to the GREAT CHALLENGER'S WIZARD: :wizard:
;)

Kisses
maat

Amarantha2
06-22-2004, 12:25 PM
HUZZAH, HUZZAH!!! ALL HAIL THE CHALLENGETTE, BBUROUGHS, the first Challengette on this thread to complete 21 days ... not to mention losing five pounds in the process!!! :hat: :cheer: :hb: Yowza!!!! Congratulations, Brenda!!! You're an inspiration to us all, methinks!!! :flow1: :cb:

I have your address and the official prize committee will be dispatching thy award anon!!!! :yes: Huzzah!!! This is great!!!

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Amarantha2
06-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Er, forgot because I was so excited that we had a winner of the prize for first 21-day challenge completed ...

Anyhow, I'm actually on Day 3 of my Independence Day Sprint using the very loose plan I'm pleased to call, ta da, THE DIET! ... so I guess that's my 21-day challenge as well ... try to do what I can to lose the weight. There are no rules to THE DIET. I'm not reporting what I eat or my calories or how much I exercise. I'm writing it all down in my little paper journal. This is the method I used to lose the original 100 pounds (some of it's back) and this is what I'm gonna do for the two weeks of the Sprint and if I go one more week, it'll be a 21-dayer, too! Huzzah! :lol3: !!!!

wsw
06-22-2004, 09:06 PM
bburoughs-congrats on completing 21 days!!!!! that's great! ---and being 5 lbs. down too! wow!

hanging in there with food journaling, being op, and exercising. on day 19. good vibes to all challengettes! --and a good evening.

Amarantha2
06-22-2004, 09:42 PM
Huzzah, Wsw, Day 19 and looking good!!! :cp:

deleted2
06-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Well done, Brenda!!! :D :bravo: :cp: :cb: :flow1:

Arabella
06-23-2004, 07:43 AM
Congrats, BBurroughs! :balloons: You rule!

Still doing fine on the SB, although yesterday I did have a few bad thoughts of bad carbs :nono:

To do list/plan for the day: 7
Aerobic exercise: 45 min walk
80+ ounces of water: 7
Meditate: 8 (actually did this!)
1 hour aerobics: 7

TechAlum
06-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Hello All,

Looks like it was a busy weekend around here. I didn't get a chance to get on the computer so I've been trying to catch up this morning.

Brenda - Congratulations on completing your first 21 day Challenge :bravo: :D :D and the 5 lbs.

Amarantha - Bummer on not finising the PB challenge. Of course you can stay around and :cheer: us all on. And whatever you do I thank you for starting this challenge, it helped me get moving again :).

wsw - Hang in there you're almost there!!

Maat - Good luck handling that stress :lucky:

Zadie - Yea on the bike challenge, and hang in there on the no sugar, I see what you mean about do and don't challenges, I'm trying one of each we'll see how it goes.

All Other Challengettes - Keep on hanging in there :)

Well I've got to get off to work so just a quick post on my status:

I finished my first 21 day challenge on Saturday!!!!! :D :D but immediately went back to my old ways on Sunday :( :(. So I am starting 2 - 21 day challenges: 1) expand on the first challenge with no calories after dinner/9:00 unless my tummy is growling; and 2) Journal everything I eat no matter the calories.

Wish me luck :D :D :lucky:

-Tech

ps sorry for the novel

bburoughs
06-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Thanks everyone, the support on this thread and board is awesome. Without it I don't think I will be doing so well in trying to lose body fat this go around. I'm glad I found this site. The accountable to this challenge has made a big difference for me also. I usually can't stick with anything that deals with losing weight (body fat). Thanks you guys for helping me!

My next challenge will go something like this:
Drink 80 oz. of water or more
To exercise at least 6 days a week & add weights (this is new for me) for 1x a week
To eat 6 fruits/veggies a day
No SCALE :devil: until completed with this challenge
To take supplements
No coffee in the mornings
To journal 4 day a week

I will start tomorrow, we have an employee awards ceremony & picnic today.

Check with you all later! :wave:

zadie k
06-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Day 10 of bike challenge, day 2 of no refined sugar challenge.

Amarantha2
06-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Day 4 of THE DIET!!! aka Independence Day Sprint and I guess it's my 21-day challenge as well. Just staying committed to doing what I can to get 4 pounds off by Independence Day and for the week after, I'll set a new goal. No upper cal limit, which is good because I'm kind of high already. It's a no lose situation! 50 min of exercise and lots of running around constitute doing what I can today aka THE DIET!!!!

Huzzah! Everyone is doing great!!! Challengette Champ Brenda, the prize committee has sent your fab award by UPS. I just got an email confirmation that it went out! Huzzah! As Arabella saith, "You rule!"

Ok, Challengettes, let's go out there and win one for the Challengette Gipper, whatever the heck that means! :lol3:

maat
06-23-2004, 05:01 PM
hi hi!
day 12 done, 13 on the way
good luck to all ;)

kisses
maat

alsbttrfly
06-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days. Any Hoo- I had to start over again and I'm at day 2, Again!!

Congratulations Brenda!!! You're an inspiration!!!

Good Luck Challengettes!!!

Amarantha2
06-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Day 5 of THE DIET!!!! Huzzah! :lol3:

zadie k
06-24-2004, 04:55 PM
Day 11 of the bike ride challenge. Yesterday Afternoon it rained so I did not bike home but today it is blue skies.

Day 0 of sugar challenge.

bburoughs
06-24-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I didn't start my challenge on today. I had a doctor's appt. this morning and it threw me off schedule today. So, I probably will not be back on schedule until Monday. I have a friend visiting from out of town. We plan on hanging out this weekend and going out to eat.

Will check in on Monday.

Challengettes have a great weekend!

wsw
06-24-2004, 08:14 PM
made it to day 21 on mine, and very grateful for that. plan to continue with food journaling. everyone is doing so well! take care, all!

Amarantha2
06-24-2004, 08:21 PM
SIS BOOM BAH AND YOWZA!!! :cheer: Challengette Wsw hath completed her 21-day challenge!!!! Congratulations, W!!!!! Is that a celebratory party I hear arriving at thy doorstep? I think they have a prize for you, a virtual chocolate cake with magical buttercream frosting! You can eat the whole cake and not even write it down in your journal because the calories are virtual as well! Huzzah! :hb: :hat: :cheers: :balloons: :cofdate: :jig:

Great work, :queen: W! :yes:

bburoughs
06-24-2004, 09:15 PM
CONGRATULATIONS WSW - WAY TO GO GIRL :cb: :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: :cp:

Thanks Amarantha for the update on da prize, can't wait to get it! :D

Thanks Alsbttrfly!!!