Support Groups - Healthy Headstart for Pregnancy Buddies #3

Smiling_wolf
05-20-2004, 12:26 AM
This is an open group of women looking to lose weight in order to have healthy, happy pregnancies later down the road

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join!

My name is Trish, Im 26 years old, and have a beautiful 4 year old daughter as well as a handsome 8 year old stepson. My husband and I were just married this past April 1st and we are getting ready to try and conceive a baby of our own. Currently, since joining 3FCs, Ive lost 8 pounds and hope to continue losing until Im pregnant.

Please introduce yourselves and feel free to join in!

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 09:49 AM
Since you have started us a new thread I will post a new intro too....

Hi! My name is Jenn. I am not currently married or engaged, but my family seems to think (or hope) that my current BF, Tim, is going to be the "one"...Since I hope the same thing and I know I won't want to wait once I get married to start TTC, I decided that I should start losing weight now in order to be much more prepared and a lot healthier when the time came, so here I am. Since joining, I have lost about 18# and hope to lose another 30 before I'm ready to have children.

I look forward to seeing some new faces join us! :D

Smiling_wolf
05-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Morning, lovelies! How is our Thursday going?

Smiling_wolf
05-20-2004, 12:54 PM
We're going to IHOP today for breakfast. Do you think 2 over medium eggs and a bowl of oatmeal sounds okay- dietwise. IHOP doesn't have their nutritional info online (of course :P ) so I never know what to get!

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 01:07 PM
I think that sounds fine for a breakfast... Eggs don't have many calories and I'm pretty sure oatmeal doesn't either...Also oatmeal is good for lowering cholestoral and egg yokes have a lot of cholestoral in them, so by eating them together you won't have to worry about the cholestoral ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Good because I hate feeling guilty about ordering here! BUT I'm tired of simple grilled chicken breasts- they are really dull after a few weeks :P So I'm trying to make my own meals- LOL- hence the two eggs and oatmeal from IHOP!

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 02:38 PM
I just had my yogurt... I need to start picking up a variety of things for lunch, but yogurt and fruit is easy and I'm lazy in the morning :lol: If I get lunch here, my boss pays, but sometimes there is no good, healthy options... maybe I'll start ordering again a couple days a week...We'll see

Smiling_wolf
05-20-2004, 02:54 PM
I just don't like yogurt. Tried doing it the other week- first time, it was great. Then it started tasting funky! LOL!

Well, my breakfast is rapidly turning into lunch. The gal screwed up our order big time and so I've had my eggs, but am still waiting on my oatmeal :P

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 04:23 PM
I understand that everyone is human andno one is perfect so people make mistakes, but don't you hate when they have their "Duh!" moment when they are waiting on you? It makes it soo much more aggatating :lol:

Hope you've had your oatmeal by now!

Smiling_wolf
05-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Yep, had the oatmeal. Was NOT as good as (say) the stuffed pancakes looked :P

I'm sooooooooooo bored. We are leaving here an hour early today (for me) and time is draggin'.

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Sorry that you had food envy and it made your oatmeal seem less appealing, but I'm glad that you got to go home an hour early ;) I know I love being able to cut out of my office even 15 minutes early... I can never wait to leave, so I'm always excited when Jerry says he needs to close early and doubly excited when he says I will get paid for the rest of the time anyways :lol:

Smiling_wolf
05-21-2004, 10:25 AM
OMG. Today has started off BADLY. I'm lying in bed when I hear the rustle of garbage bags being moved around. The only place in my bedroom where there is a garbage bag is on the bottom tray of the Coatis cage- I'm not sure if you've ever used kitty liners in the litter box, but it works just like that. It's a huge yard garbage bag that fits over their bottom tray. They are on a grid ABOVE the bag, so when they potty, it falls into the bag and all I have to do is pull out the tray, flip the bag inside out, and toss it.

Anyways, somehow through magic, they had pulled the ENTIRE bag into their cage. So they're now pottying ALL OVER the TRAY instead of the bag. Imagine, this is quite the mess- three furkids just doing their deed whenever they want.

I jump out of bed, totally infuriated, and ready to fix the problem. I've got to get their bag out of their cage, clean the tray, and put a new bag in their cage.

My Husband, whom I love dearly, did not lift a damn finger to help. He just stayed in bed.

OMG- I am sooo very mad. He said, "Hey, you can do that later" I can't stand men and their later attitudes- LATER means ever MORE mess. And I cannot stand mess.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

So how's your Friday going?

JEO1982
05-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Oh Trish! I'm sorry.... that is definitely no fun.... I know how much I 'loved' it when my kitties would tear at the litter box liner until they got it into the box and then poop all over it... :mad:

Men never seem to help with things like that and they always want to wait until 'later' so you have twice as much to do, not that they will help you 'later' either!

I hope the rest of your day goes better!

Smiling_wolf
05-21-2004, 04:12 PM
So far, the rest of the day has gone just as bad :P My 8 year old son went to take out the trash and dumped it all over the floor instead! And work is sucking royally :P

Otherwise, they're ordering something good for lunch and I'm trying to avoid it.

JEO1982
05-21-2004, 11:28 PM
Well Miss Trish, I certainly hope your weekend goes better, with a lot less mess!

Tomorrow I am going to the gym and then playing taxi and babysitting Shaelyn :bb: She is soo adorable! And what is even cuter is that Tim asked me if I wanted to take her to the zoo :^: He came up with that all on his own... he's soo cute!!

Smiling_wolf
05-22-2004, 07:45 PM
My weekend has been wonderful so far :) Yesterday, I cracked and was horrible- I seem to do good for 2 days and bad for one! But I knew I was going to the Cheesecake Factory and as much as I tried to convince myself to have a Portobello Mushroom Burger, I just couldn't. LOL! So I had some Mexican taco dish- it was pretty good. What was REALLY REALLY good, though, was a Strawberry Martini! OMG- I've never had a martini before- what was I waiting for??? It tasted like pure fresh strawberries and was sooooooooooooooo good.

Today, I'm trying to motivate myself to work-out :P Heh- fun!

JEO1982
05-22-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm not big on alcohol, but I discovered strawberry margaritas and they are really good....I've never had a martini though... Maybe I'll have to try that soemtimes ;)

I did my workout this morning and then babysat Shaelyn... we just dropped her off and are about to make dinner... chili and hotdogs, no buns... Right now I just want something easy because I'm soo exhausted... I can't seem to shake this feeling of exhaustion, and now I'm starting to get bruises from nothing :?: I think I'm going to look up a few thing to see if I can find something to make me feel awake... Someone mentioned anemia being a possible cause, so I might see what the symptoms are and talk to my doctor if I think that could be it :p

I'm soooo glad that you are having a good weekend!!!

Smiling_wolf
05-22-2004, 09:56 PM
You may want to try taking an iron supplement- which is what they'd recommend if you are anemic anyways! I'm on Walmart's Prenatal vitamins (for the folic acid, but they also have iron, etc, in them) and I usually bruise real easily- since you mentioned it, I just realized I'm not bruising as easily anymore! Must be the iron in the capsules!

I'm suffering horribly from allergies to my Coatis right now- when we brought our youngest home, she was on such a horrible diet that she had tons and tons of dander. Like clouds of dead skin- disgusting! Anyways, since then- I've turned into an itchy machine. I think I'm going to try taking a Vit E and B complex supplement and see if that will help. Itching sucks!

I introduced a new step into my exercise program yesterday. I bought the DVDs to the Firm awhile back- excellent work out program, but I'm not rythymic enough to do it (I slaughtered that word!) and it came with this weight stick. Anyways, so I'm now doing 50 curls, 20 minutes on my machine, 50 squats, and then 20 more minutes. Hopefully that will build muscle which will help me in my long-term goal!

Tomorrow, I'm going to be bad and drink Slim Fast for 2 meals and I'll probably do it Monday too. I just feel like I need to be extra aggressive to hit my 10 pound mark.

You, btw, are doing so wonderful! You haven't hit a plateau yet and looks like Onederful is right there for you! Can't wait for the morning you see it on the scale!

Smiling_wolf
05-23-2004, 09:37 PM
Hellooooooooooooo?

How was your weekends? Mine basically sucked- haha. My Hubby ended up working until 3 am Saturday night and then he had to be back at work by 8 am Sunday. It's 5:30 PM Sunday and he's still at work. Only good news is that he's been on double-time since like 5 PM last night, so it will be a real nice paycheck. Money, however, is only nice when it's in my hand- I'd much prefer he be home!!! :(

I went out and bought those two vitamins I mentioned- E and the B Complex. I'm going to see if they help out my allergies. If not, I may go to an allergist. Whatever it takes because itching is horrible!

What is everyone up to? Ooooh, I want grocery shopping today and bought a bunch of fresh squash and zuchinni and mushrooms- so I'm probably going to make a vegetable medley with pepper and a dab of butter for dinner for me tonight! SlimFast- ya really don't taste all that great!

JEO1982
05-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Sorry for not coming back online this weekend...been sooo exhausted...I might just try taking an iron supplement... I've alwaays bruised easily, but these are some pretty deep bruise coming out of nowhere...place I haven't even hit :p

Yesterday I had Shaelyn all day and then was feeling sooo tired we just hung around the apartment and watched a movie... Today I went shopping with my mom because she needed curtains and then I went over my sister's house...She and I walked the 4.5 miles from her house to my mom's over hilly terrain and then Tim picked us up there...I was soo proud that it didn't make me crampy or achy :D

Sorry to hear about you allergies...I hope the vitamins help you because you are soo right itching does suck :p And not being able to spend any of your weekend with your DH is no fun either!

Great idea tweaking the exercise program, and I won't say anything about the Slimfast because they advertise it "a shak for breakfast, another for lunch and a well balance dinner", sooo it is not uncommon to have them two meals a day even though alot of them are awful tasting...

Thanks for the encouraging words! I can't wait to see 199 on the scales either! It will be soo exciting to not have to move the big weight to the 200 just to start out!! You will definitely be the first person to know other then the people at the gym that witness me jumping up and down:lol3:

Have a great night!

Smiling_wolf
05-24-2004, 10:50 AM
Morning, Sunshines! How are our Monday's? Mine is great- my scale said 155 this morning! Woo hoo- so I'm at the 10 pound mark, but I need to stick with it or the scale will creep up for sure!

JEO1982
05-24-2004, 11:15 AM
My Monday is typically boring! LOL. It's kinda chilly today, but I hope it gets a little better before the baseball game tonight, because I don't want to freeze. hehe

:bravo: on the 155! That is sooo awesome! 10# GONE! WOOOHOOOO! Time to go shopping ;) Keep it up Trish! I'm sooo proud of you!

I weighted myself before going into the shower this morning and I saw 200 on the scales with no clothes on though, so I am probably about the same still with them on, but it was kind of exciting to see that number on the scales anyways...Maybe I'll see it on the gym scales this weekend!

Smiling_wolf
05-24-2004, 02:46 PM
Thank you, thank you! I just had fresh veggies for a snack today- yummm! MUSHROOMS! LOL! I love em! How's your afternoon going? I think I'm breaking down and having my Lean Gourmet!

JEO1982
05-24-2004, 04:56 PM
My afternoon is going slowly too, but it's almost over as Tim is on his way here now and then we are going to go to a Pawsox game. It should be fun since it no longer looks like it is about to pour :)

I hope you enjoyed your Lean Cuisine and that you have a good night. I will check back in the morning! :goodvibes

zookeeper
05-24-2004, 07:13 PM
Yay Trish on your 155 :cb:

I had a dinner party this weekend. Of course with non-diet food. It was great, and I haven't stopped eating it yet. I need to get back on track!! I had a migraine yesterday, so that blew the whole afternoon & evening, and I'm all groggy today. I think I did some feeling-sorry-for-myself eating yesterday and today. I need to get motivated again! Tomorrow is another day.

I got some new lean cuisine dinners, so that'll help with lunches. I love Burger King's Veggie Burger, and it's not bad for me either! I probably get that once or twice a week.

I feel all blah today. I wanted to get outside and plant some things, but I'm still at the hospital. So much for plans today. What strange hours I keep.

Sorry this is down. I'll try again tomorrow.

Jess

Smiling_wolf
05-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi Jess :)

It's super-okay! We all have down days- I think the last few days, I've been pretty bummed! Tonight, I think I'm going to get a Kid's Meal at Wendy's with my kids- LOL. Calorie-wise, it's not that bad and I just really want some fries. At least in a kid's meal- it's a small portion!

Smiling_wolf
05-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Morning, Sunshines! How are our Tuesdays going?

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey Jess! Sorry that you've been feeling blah. I think all of us have had that same feeling in here. I have been just feeling exhausted lately no matter what and I know Trish has had a least a few days like that too.

Trish - Yesterday at the PawSox game everyone around me had fried dough and french fries and I realllllyyyyy wanted to get some myself. I think I wanted the fried dough more because I haven't had that in like 5 yrs. I was good though and didn't get either. I still was closer to 1400 calories than me normal 1200... I had to eat dinner there so I had a chicken parm sandwich which I would normally take out of the bread, but I didn't want to make a mess of myself, and I also shared a pretzel with Tim...oh well, you win some and you lose some, right?

Smiling_wolf
05-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Yeah and sometimes, you just have to indulge! You did great avoiding the fried dough, so you might as well have the chicken parm :) Right now, I think AF is coming and that's depressing... 2 months of TTC- it would be easier if I didn't KNOW what I was doing (ie when you are supposed to ovulate, blah blah). Anyways, I just ordered some real cheap home pregnancy tests/ovulation tests from Ebay figuring that next cycle, I might as well save some money. I'm a COMPULSIVE tester- totally compulsive, have to test even when it's waaay too early!

Anyhoo- that's my day! I want pizza- LOL- how bad is that?

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 02:09 PM
I think I would be a compulsive tester too.... it's because you want sooo bad for it to be true....

BTW, speaking of TTC, my stepsister just told us yesterday that she is pg!! How exciting! Another baby! :bb:

Smiling_wolf
05-25-2004, 03:27 PM
I'm just in a MOOD today! See, Jess- I get in moods too :)

My Mom took home 2 of my sugargliders about 6 months ago- she just called me and said to put an ad in the paper for them- she just 'doesn't feel like taking care of them anymore'. WTH? All you have to DO is put some food in their cage and water every night!!! And they're in a bird-sized cage, so there isn't much maintenance!!! AARGH.

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 03:52 PM
I wish I lived near you. I would take care of them in a heart beat! I think those little guys are sooo adorable!

Smiling_wolf
05-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Awww, thanks :) Just drive out here!

Well, I WAY cheated today and used my snack calories on a DONUT!!!

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 04:15 PM
Hehe... I had a banana for my snack... A donut sounds very tempting right now and I don't even really like them.... :dizzy:

Smiling_wolf
05-25-2004, 05:34 PM
I did half of my workout at lunch :P I have to drive out to my Mom's to pick up our Avon order that I splurged on tonight so I figured I would get as much of my workout out of the way as possible. THAT SUCKED. One hour for lunch, drive-time is about 10 minutes to my house and back, walk both dogs, and workout for 20 minutes!

Now I'll need to workout the additional 20 and do my weights tonight :P

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 08:36 PM
I just got back from the gym and did the pilates for my thighs. It was really short. Maybe I will try to do it everyday...couldn't hurt, right?

Avon huh? I always look and I never buy anything... I figure it would be a waste because I never wear make-up...Heck I never take more than 5 minutes to do my hair.... :lol:

Hope you got the rest of your workout in!

zookeeper
05-25-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi all,

I was good and went to my exercise class, but pigged out from lunch on. I don't know what to do to kick myself back into gear. I'm going to try to get up early tomorrow and walk. We never have lunches at our office on Wednesdays, so I'll be okay to Lean Cuisine it.

I have another stupid headache today, so that works wonders for the energy. I am probably eating in response to that, in part.

I did get my hair cut today, and she did a great job (as usual). That helps the old self esteem.

One of our cats (or maybe two of them, we're not sure exactly) has started to spray in one of our rooms, and it is AWFUL! We've tried several different treatments, from pet stain enzyme cleaners to our steam cleaner to diluted vinegar. We have to have someone come in and do it professionally. The room just reeks! I don't know who it is, so I'm not sure how to prevent it from happening again once it's clean.

Darn it, sorry about the mood again. I'm going to try to start fresh tomorrow. Hope you have great evenings!

Jessica

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Hey Jess! I know what you mean about the smell and it seems impossible to get out :p Best of luck figuring out who is doing and and stopping them from doing it again!

Hope your head feels better tomorrow too! It can be hard to stay on the wagon when you feel like crap, but we believe in you and I know you can do it! ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-25-2004, 11:31 PM
Hi Jenn and Jess!

Well, you used MY suggestions for cleaning cat pee- diluted vinegar or Nature's Miracle from Petsmart. Has your cat been to the vet lately- or has either of them? Sometimes they'll spray due to health issues- sometimes, they pee just to be pains!

Well, I DID get the second half of my workout in, but unfortunately, I DID eat at my Mom's. She wasn't supposed to be home, but she was and she had roast beef and mushroom sandwiches made. And I HAD to have one! But I didn't grill my bread with butter nor do I smother it in cheese, so it's better then what I'd normally eat over there!

Oh, the Avon I ordered wasn't all make-up! In fact, I only bought lipstick (make-up wise). Other then that, I bought a perfume I had wanted (free $12 powder with it), a dress (kinda like a tennis dress- don't know how to explain it) and then some of that fake tan stuff and a few other little things. I always pick out a bunch of stuff I want in the catalogue, but NEVER actually buy it- so my Avon lady was pleasantly surprised :) She's my Mom's best friend and actually, we had our wedding reception at her house! She's the nicest!

Anyhoo, gotta go take a shower!

Smiling_wolf
05-26-2004, 10:40 AM
*Bring on the stupid bloating* SIGH. Welp, AF is almost here and therefore I've decided to start retaining water as a hobby! Now I just want her here and gone ASAP :P

How's your Wednesdays out there?

JEO1982
05-26-2004, 11:02 AM
Good job getting the rest of your workout in!

I don't order clothes from catalogues because I am so picky about the way things fit, and if you couldn't tell by the picture in my profile, I don't tan, so I just like to look at the catalogues and all the trinkets but I never buy anything...as a matter of fact the only Avon thing I've ever bought for myself was chapstick... LOL

Hope y'all are having a good morning so far!

Smiling_wolf
05-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Yeah, I don't tan either so I thought the fake tan stuff could be fun! Problem with my dress is I'm already too small too fit in it! GRRRR! Well, I fit, but not perfectly, YKWIM?

JEO1982
05-26-2004, 12:23 PM
I do know what you mean, but you aren't supposed to be aggravated that you are too small for it.... That's good! It shows that your weight loss is making a difference.... Be porud of yourself! ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Mornin' everyone! Well, I'm ignoring my weight this week until AF goes away- hate her! How's everyone else doing out there today? Jess? Jenn?

JEO1982
05-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Good afternoon Miss Trish!

Yesterday I got quite the workout between Curves and an hour of water aerobics... Today I am tired already yet I will be doing the same thing after work, Curves, then water aerobics :lol: At least I saw some pay-off from it all....

Yesterday at the gym I weighed in at 201.5, that is one more pound down and even closer to ONEderland!! Woohoo!

Smiling_wolf
05-27-2004, 04:06 PM
WOW! Great job! I always wanted to try water aerobics- sounds fun :)

JEO1982
05-27-2004, 04:18 PM
It is fun, yet a great workout... you should try it! ;)

zookeeper
05-27-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi Ladies!

Great job on your progress Jenn!! :bravo:

I'm FINALLY back on the wagon today. I blew yesterday because I was mad about work. Specifically, my husband and I have tickets to see Rush (the band, not Limbaugh!) in Chicago - we've been planning the trip for months. I found out yesterday that I am on call that weekend and can't go. We already paid for the hotel and everything. I'm still a little crabby about it. (I got my June call schedule yesterday, so it's not like I'm able to plan ahead. And, no, they don't include my schedule requests when figuring out the doctors' call schedule. I just have to take what I get.) Grr!!!

Tell AF we all said to BEAT IT, Trish! She is just NOT welcome!

Hope you have great Fridays! I'll try to check in tomorrow night.

Jess

Smiling_wolf
05-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Hi Jess!

Yay about getting back on the bandwagon! I'm having one of those 'you win some, you lose some' kinda weeks with eating right- but I'm not quitting! LOL! I was SO NOT going to workout tonight, but I put in our Wedding CD and just worked out to it and it felt good to get that aggression out- work just has been long and frustrating lately and it gets to me. But I've found working out helps me feel SO much better in the long run!

Keep up the good works, girlies! Jenn, I SO want you to see ONEDERFUL by the end of next week and Jess- I hope you really get back into the swing of things and your work STOPS BEING PAINS IN THE BUTTS! (LOL- I wish my work would stop being pains too!)!!!

Here's to a GREAT WEEKEND, chickadees! TOMORROW'S FRIDAY!

JEO1982
05-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Happy Friday Ladies!!

Thanks for the encouragement. I am 1/2 a pound closer now... 201# as of this morning at the gym...Maybe I will see it by next weekend...how awesome would that be?

Sorry about your concert Jess! Is there no way to get someone to switch on-calls with you? That is really crumby!(I would have used another word but I am cutting swears out for the weekend so I don't offend Tim's mom or something) I hope work gets better for you and Trish!

Trish, I think that is an excellent way to workout. I think when you work out aggravated you get more of a workout because you take your frustrations out on the equipment or just do things with extra force. I'm glad you felt better afterward!

I'm meeting Tim's mom and sister tonight! Somehow I have got past the nerves to excited. I won't be able to get online all weekend though, so I'll let you know how it goes once I get back to a computer. ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Woo hoo! Meeting the family :) Sounds... scarey! I'm just exhausted today- my head has been pounding, AF is playing dumb games with me (ya know- when I KNOW she's going to show, but she hasn't yet) :P

We are meeting a lady today about buying a house at 3. Getting off work in 3 minutes, so I'm gonna go take a short nap.

JEO1982
05-30-2004, 12:21 PM
Meeting the family is going great! They are just sweet as pie, not that I expected anything less since Tim came from them! ;)

I hope AF stops plays games with you and shows up and high tails it out of there much quicker than she showed up! :goodluck: with the house! I hope that went well and that you are having a great weekend!

Smiling_wolf
05-31-2004, 01:38 PM
Well, this past weekend was a bust as far as food goes. I'll probably need a whole week to make up for the crap I ate :P Plus, it's Monday morning right now and Jeremy agreed to meet his parents at IHOP- IHOP has NOTHING that's food friendly :P

Smiling_wolf
06-01-2004, 12:36 AM
Well, I worked out tonight, so I'm back on track. Did twice the amount of weights just to get me back in the saddle for this week! Sad thing is, it will take all of this week to get back to 154, probably! I don't know if I'm going to see 142 by July 11th, which was my original goal. I'm going to keep heading for it, though, and see what comes!

JEO1982
06-01-2004, 09:31 AM
:wave: Good morning ladies!

The weekend with Tim's mom and sister was great. They are just so nice! We went up to Maine on Saturday and to a cookout at my family's house on Sunday. Yesterday I left them alone so they could have some time with just Tim and while they were out, they bought me wizard of oz magnets because "they saw them and thought of me" - how sweet are they? I went out to dinner with them last night and then we just sat around the apartment for a while. Tim is driving them back to the airport today... I wish I could see them off, but my sister is on vacation this week, which means I can't take the day off, so I said my good-byes last night.

This morning I went to the gym first thing...I wanted to get my workout in now so I could spend my ENTIRE afternoon with Tim since we hadn't had any personal time to just snuggle with his mom and sister staying at his apartment...anywho I weighed myself while I was at the gym, and I actually cried...HAPPY tears... I saw 198.75#!!!! I DID IT!!! I'm in ONEderland!!! After a holiday weekend and not going to the gym since Friday...I am soooo excited! :cb:

Trish, you have to keep the positive attitude going... I think you can definitely make your July 11th goal... you still have a month and 10 days! Keep heading towards it... You CAN do this!!

Smiling_wolf
06-01-2004, 11:49 AM
I am soooooooooooooooooooooo excited for you!!! WOO HOO!!!! How utterly wonderful!!! Good to go, Jenn!

I'm about 2 pounds over my 154 from last week, but... I know I can shed that weight fast now that I'm back on track. Just need to stay that way!

JEO1982
06-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Thanks Trish!! :D

You'll be back at 154 before you know it! I know you will stay on track because you want it... Keep working hard!

Smiling_wolf
06-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Awww, thanks, Jenn! Well, thank goodness- Tuesday is almost over!

JEO1982
06-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Mornin'! The week is about half over...For Tim today is his first of 2 days he has to work this week...He had Monday off for the holiday and took a personal day yesterday to bring his mom and sister to the airport, and he doesn't work Fridays, but yet he was complaining about going to work this morning...:lol:

How was your night Miss Trish? Mine was good, because I go to spend much more of it with my Tim than I would on a normal Tuesday. When we were at the grocery store, I bought those Skinny Cow Bars(the chocolate peanut buter ones) and I of course had to try one last night. It was yummy and they are like 150 calories, which is not bad for an indulgence ;)

I don't know who decided Wednesday morning was going to be "Ring Off The Hook Day" here at APR, but who ever it was forgot to inform me about this decision... All morning the phones were going nuts while I was the only one here in the office... now that the dispatch girl is here, they have slowed down greatly... I don't get it...Maybe they actually decided it was "Drive Jenn Nuts Day" :lol:

Well unfortunately, I must tend to some work... I'll check in again later on ;)

Smiling_wolf
06-02-2004, 10:48 AM
I suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure hope my morning isn't 'Ring off the Hook'- LMAO. I hate dealing with our customers- I much prefer inputting orders, do computer crap, and making sure our outer office is running smoothly! Let someone else deal with the cranky old customers!

Last night was good. I had a Slim Fast to kinda 'repent' for my weekend- LOL. So today, I'm back at 154! I think it's funny- I still feel fat at 154, so HOW could I have let myself exist at 165 for sooo long? YKWIM? I can just NOW get into some of my size 14 pants comfortably (the ones that run smaller for some odd reason) and yet I'm not wearing them yet because they aren't as comfy as my size 16s which are becoming too big :P LOL!

Well, I've gotta walk the dog and get to work myself. YUCK!

JEO1982
06-02-2004, 02:33 PM
I can't believe it is only 1:30... This day is dragging...

I totally know what you mean about still feeling fat... what's sad is the fact that I've lost 21.75# and I still feel just as fat...and I still wear the same pants....I'm hoping that when I reach 185 (this summer hopefully) I will be a 12-14 not a 14-16 any more...That will be a 35.5# loss, I'll be depressed if I can't fit into smaller clothes yet...

BTW, :bravo: on the 154! I told you'd get back there in no time and look at you already back!! Great job!

Smiling_wolf
06-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Yep- it's sooo funny that although you've lost a TON of weight, you still feel big! I was telling a coworker I always tease about being too skinny that my goal is 132 and she says, "That's only like 5 pounds more then me!". BUT she's two INCHES taller then me and those two inches allow her to carry more weight then my frame would allow.

Eh :P My work orders out every single day- it wouldn't bother me, but for an hour to two hours, all they do is look at menus and try to decide what to eat. Not work, mind you, but look at menus and debate the various merits of different food places. GRRR.

zookeeper
06-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Yay Jenn on ONEderland!!! You are doing so well!! :cp:

Yay Trish on getting back on track so quickly!! :bravo:

I have been on and off the wagon all week. I don't know what's going on. I'm great for calories so far today, but had to be at the hospital so I missed my exercise class. I have a meeting tonight so I can't squeeze anything in until tomorrow. It has been raining SO MUCH lately! Walking outside hasn't been an option lately, but hopefully it'll get nicer.

I finally got another pair of pants in my current size. Not counting scrubs, I now have 3 pairs of pants that fit me. I didn't want to buy another larger pair, but needed something else to wear to work. I did get a surprise compliment, though - I asked at work if the pants look okay (I was worried that they were too tight). My co-worker said that she thought the pants might be a little too big on me. :) It never hurts to hear that!

I am really going to try to stay focused and get back on track. I'll try really hard to get back here more often, too.

Jess

JEO1982
06-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Got to love when people don't do anything but think of food... It's got to make it harder for you to keep food out of your mind, not to mention aggravate you to high Heavens since they aren't doing anything.

Thanks Jess! Don't compliments like that just make your day? I love it...Today at the gym, Leanne (the girl who works there, that I love) told me that my pants were hanging off me...I don't see it, but it made me feel good anyways :lol: I bet working the hours you do must make this weight-loss harder for you...Best of luck sticking to your plan!!

Smiling_wolf
06-02-2004, 08:25 PM
Hi Jess and Jenn!

Aren't scrubs sooo comfortable? I used to wear mine 3 times too big since they are just soo comfy! Congrats on the compliment- I bet that made your day!

Me, I'm on my way to conquering 152. It's my goal of the week! 152 is sooo near the 140s, I want it, I want it, I want it!!! Hehehehehe!

JEO1982
06-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Keep it up and I'm sure you will get it! I think it would be cool if I oculd accomplish my 'Canada Challenge' goal like next week! We'll see...TOM is going to raise it's ugly head in the next week or two, but I'll keep my fingers crossed:crossed: that it is AFTER my weigh and measure for the month this time :lol:

Smiling_wolf
06-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Well, the two little 'workout' buddies were sitting out here talking about how they're 'taking a break for the week'.

Anyhoo- it just irritates me :P

You can't take weekly breaks or you'll NEVER get anywhere!

JEO1982
06-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Well you can laugh in their faces when you lose and they don't, and when they try to act like they are serious about losing weight... A day is one thing, but week long breaks? You are supposed to change your way of life... They just don't get it at all, do they?

Smiling_wolf
06-03-2004, 04:51 PM
No, and I don't know why it bugs the **** out of me! :P

Anyways, I had my Mac n Cheese and it was really good. I really like Budget Lean Gourmets for lunch- and they are only $1 a piece usually!

Well, I'm going home for lunch. Don't want to. It's about 110 degrees outside.

JEO1982
06-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday!!! (I was starting to think this week would never end :lol:)

I got an early start today and got weighed and measured so I wouldn't have to do it during TOM...Since March I have officially lost 22.5# and 16.75" :cb: Now I am in a good mood to start the day! I lost 9.25" this month which is more than I lost in March & April combined....At least I know it's getting me some where ;)

I think I may just reach my Canada Day Challenge weight next week if I can keep TOM gain from getting me! :lol:

I hope you are having a great morning! :goodvibes

Smiling_wolf
06-04-2004, 02:36 PM
What a great start to a Friday! Well, last night, we went out for dinner. I really need to get OUT of that habit :P So I'll have to work twice as hard this weekend to see 152! Otherwise, I'm here. I meant to stay home since my allergies are killing me, but it didn't happen :( I felt too guilty to waste a day at home!

JEO1982
06-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Oh you poor thing! Allergies suck... all that pressure in your face, bah :p I hope you feel better for the weekend so you can get to 152#! It's hard to stay motivated when you feel like crap, but you are soo close...try hard to workout!

Smiling_wolf
06-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Working out hasn't been my downfall- it's STILL food. Though I eat MUCH less then I used to- even when we eat out, I'm not AS LIKELY to clean my plate anymore. Yesterday, I had portobello mushrooms and steak (with veggies) and alongside it was beans and rice. I only had a bite of the beans, then the steak and veggies. Normally, I'd try to cram it all in AND eat my daughter's meal!

JEO1982
06-04-2004, 06:56 PM
Good job! It is one of the thing I hear a lot is that women have trouble with losing weight after they have kids because they share their kids' meals and snacks and don't think about counting those calories... So you are doing really well! ;)

zookeeper
06-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi all!

I am SO glad it's the weekend! I wanted to get up and go to my workout class this AM, but I was at the hospital in the middle of the night, so I was exhausted this morning. I have a TON of things to accomplish around the house, so I'll try to do those as energetically as possible.

I did GREAT on Thursday and just okay yesterday. I should have gone to bed earlier, then I got really hungry around 10pm so I snacked some. Oh well. I'm sure I didn't go over 2200, but I'll bet I wasn't much under.

I weighed myself at the hospital, and I'm about what I was before, but since I pigged out for a week I can't complain - at least I didn't lose too much ground.

I've decided to help take my mind off of TTC I'm going to plan non-pregnancy projects so I can focus on something else. There is a dresser I want to refinish, and those chemicals are not safe in pregnancy, so if my period starts I can go ahead and refinish it without worry. We'll see in a couple weeks...

Hope you have GREAT weekends!!

Jessica

Smiling_wolf
06-07-2004, 12:24 AM
Hi Jess and Jenn :)

Well, this week, I'm going to concentrate on eating right. I'm realizing that exercising isn't that difficult for me, but eating right has become a challenge. Right now, my weight is yo-yoing around 154-156 and that's really demotivating me. YET I know the cause- it has to do with everything I put in my mouth. I'm a chronic eater and although I'm eating much LESS, if I ever want to see 132, I have to start eating not only less, but BETTER (ie nutritional food versus just less calories).

BIG SIGH. Eh, but if we all hang in here together, we'll all see our goals. That's what I love about having you gals- I can't quit because I want to see us ALL reach our goals together!

Smiling_wolf
06-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Mornin, Sunshines!

Well, my weight is UP once again, but I'm not going to despair! I'm going to use Jenn as my inspiration and go to the store today and buy a GOOD breakfast (normally don't eat breakfast) and buy veggies for my snacks. I'm going to see 150 by the end of this month!

My allergies kept me down this weekend, but I still worked out. My eyes were so puffed out on Friday I wore sunglasses all day at work and then Saturday, they were the same. The inflammation has went down, but now my skin is all dried out and disgusting. *BIG SIGH* Well, I've got an appointment with the doctor today so hopefully she'll help out a bit.

My Allied Health Math class (I'm in college, btw LOL!) started today. It's via the internet so shouldn't be too bad. Just haven't received my financial aid for my book yet :P

What's up, sugars?

JEO1982
06-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Oh goodness does it feel like ages since I've been on here... I was busy all weekend... Friday night we drove up to Nashua and I got a digital camera... Saturday was shopping, bringing Lee-Anne a card at the gym, going to my aunt's for a quick birthday party, then off to Boston for Margaret Cho (who btw has lost a lost of weight herself)... Sunday was laundry, quick mall trip before the sale ended, and then Tim took pictures of me to send in to the Lane Bryant thing... I totally don't expect anything to come of it, but $100 gift certificate would be cool ;)... That brings us to today, I had a psychologist appointment this morning and then work was busy all day long...

I am now finally taking a breather for myself...I just got back from the gym and I'm about to hope in the shower, but I had to make time for you ladies first. I hope y'all are doing good on this Monday afternoon! :goodvibes

Smiling_wolf
06-08-2004, 04:02 PM
This is going to be an off week for me :S I have a lot going on with starting class and going camping this weekend! Anyways, wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing today :) I did NOT work out last night- ended up grocery shopping and bringing home a baby kitten- hah :)

JEO1982
06-08-2004, 11:59 PM
You got a kitten?!? I am sooooo jealous!!!! I wish Tim would let me have a kitten....it's not fair... I miss my kitty.... :^: Actually Tim said he will let me have one, but his landlord doesn't really like pets :(

Anywho, I hope you enjoy your "off week", because we will make you get back on track next week ;)

As for me... I hit my July 1st goal today! That's 23 days ahead of schedule and with TOM due tomorrow! I am very pleased! :D

Smiling_wolf
06-09-2004, 01:30 AM
OMG! You are just doing sooooo good, Jenn! You are definitely an inspiration! You will definitely have me back full-throttle next week- I worked out today, but I know tomorrow between cleaning the house and preparing food for the trip, I may not get the chance :S And well- I'm supposed to have Chapters 1-7 reviewed for our first math quiz by the end of this week (it's a short course since it's the summer semester- just a month. So it's fast paced, unfortunately!)

I'm too proud of you!!! I bet Tim is just ecstatic at how well you've done!

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 09:52 AM
:D Thank you! Tim is soo cute about this whole thing, I just love him to death! He said to me last night "Wow, look at you go! Kick *** baby!" :lol: He is such a goofball!

Good luck with your math quiz! I loved math in school, but I definitely don't miss school and all the self-inflicited pressure that came with it! :lol:

Smiling_wolf
06-09-2004, 06:23 PM
How's our Hump Day going? LMAO. Oh my!

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 11:16 PM
My Hump Day is Finally OVER!!! I woke up early this morning, went to the gym with my sister and headed to work after a nice shower (of course).... Work dragged by, and I thought it was going to be 2005 before it was time to leave :lol3: After work I went to the gym again so I could have the chance to talk to Leigh-Anne while I was working out, and then it was off to water aerobics with my other sister! Needless to say, I am beat and glad that Wednesday is coming to a close! :dizzy:

Smiling_wolf
06-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Hmm- I need to live near you so I can do water aerobics with ya! Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to get another coatimundi baby (although I WON'T- I promise). It's a sad story- it's actually my little girl, Zoey's, baby brother. His owner is married and having financial troubles and her husband is pressuring her to sell him ASAP. I can't afford to get him, really, and don't need the added responsibility, but damn- I wish I could help out :(

JEO1982
06-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Ohhh...that really stinks that she needs to give up her pet :( Are coatis expensive to care for or something? It's always tough to be in a financial squeeze, but it's even worse when you have to give up 'someone' you love because it... Of course you want to help out, I want to as well, but you can't spread yourself too thin either... She'll find someone to love him!

Smiling_wolf
06-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Well, they aren't normally expensive- I think she may just have too many critters and her husband isn't a critter person!

We're going camping tonight, so I won't be back online after I leave work (LOL) until Sunday morning :)

JEO1982
06-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Ohhhh.... I understand how that is. I hope you have fun camping, but don't eat too many S'mores! ;)

Smiling_wolf
06-10-2004, 02:07 PM
Eh, I'm going to avoid S'mores completely and just have a few roasted marshmallows! LOL! And I'm going to 'try' to avoid munching on snacks the entire time we are out there since my weight hasn't budged in about two weeks :P

JEO1982
06-10-2004, 03:14 PM
That sounds like a good plan, but it will be a test of your will power...Do you think you can think you can be "Lady Will Power" this weekend? I think you can do it! Make sure to go for hikes to get in some exercise too! ;)

Smiling_wolf
06-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Heh- well, our camping trip is in jeopardy due to a PMS'ing man, my hubby :D He claimed earlier today that he received no sleep due to the kitten, and then just now- he called me all stressed out because he needs to clean the house, pack our gear, and the dog just pooped in the kennel.

WELL- before you feel too badly for him, if he didn't procrastinate ALL of the time, this wouldn't have happened! I asked him to clean his son's rat cage last night (his son is on his 2 week vacation with is 'mother') and he kept telling me he would- well, he didn't. Instead, he played on his computer. I told him he probably needed to get things ready, but he told me he could do it all today.

Flash forward to today.

He's calling me completely stressed out and telling me he isn't going camping anymore. That he has too much stuff to do and not enough time to do it!!! AARGH! If he would simply plan his time wisely, he wouldn't get in these crunches!

JEO1982
06-10-2004, 05:26 PM
Procastination is my best friend... I work best under pressure ;) Tell him to take a Midol and chill out....:lol3: It is totally do-able... A woman could handle it, easy as pie, right? ;)

Smiling_wolf
06-13-2004, 05:59 PM
Well, I'm going to close this one and re-open a new thread for us :)