100 lb. Club - Thursday Challenge Question :)
05-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Here we go - I'm back and ready to make you think! HA HA HA HA HA! :lol:
Thursday Challenge Question:
List 5 examples of why YOU (not someone else, and not a reason motivated by someone else) want to be at your goal weight. And make em good! The more you visualize yourself at your goal, the better your chances of getting there!
05-19-2004, 10:04 PM
#1 I want to be HEALTHY and not worried about if my weight is effecting my health.
#2 I want to be able to wear whatever clothes I want, whether it be slobby or dressed to the nines.
#3 I want to be slim, fit and trim, I love the way my body looks when its muscled and toned!
#4 I want to be able to smile without worrying about my double chin.
#5 I want to be free of the fat prison that I have locked myself in!
05-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Well, it's only Wednesday night, but I'll answer anyway. :)
1) Health is the foremost reason.
2) I don't want to be the fattest person in a room.
3) I can save money by shopping in regular stores rather than specialty stores.
4) When I'm naked in the shower at the "Y," I don't want a lot of jiggly flesh showing.
5) I want to look really great as the mother of the bride.
05-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Okay, let's see...
-I want to be able to walk down a flight of stairs like the young person I am (43) instead of experiencing pain with every step.
-I want something other than my next meal to be the subject of my daydreams.
-I want to be able to shop in the 'regular' size department. What I really hate is that stores often put the plus size clothing right next to the maternity section, and that bothers me somehow. Not to mention that there's such a better selection in smaller sizes.
-I'd like to wear a bathing suit comfortably, without worrying about rolls, dimples and bulges.
-I'd like to have improved breathing and blood pressure.
1. I want to feel better and know that I am healthy.
2. I want to set an example of good habits for my 2 1/2 year old son. I don't want him to have the same problems I did being a fat child.
3. I want to feel confident when someone is taking a picture of me instead of scared of how fat I am going to look.
4. I want to be able to go to any store and buy cute, stylish clothes that are sized in single digits.
5. I don't want to end up being a fat old lady who needs people to help turn over because my poor old body can't schlep my fat around anymore.
05-20-2004, 01:59 PM
1. I want to live past 40. ( My Dad started having heart problems at 39.)
2. I don't want to be in pain when I get up like I am now.
3. I want to be able to walk through a crowd and here someone laugh and not think they are laughing at me.
4. I want to look good in a suit.
5. I want a better sex life with my wife.
05-20-2004, 02:58 PM
1. I want to wear all the funky clothes I love but can't fit into (even though people will roll their eyes and say "Isn't she too old to be wearing THAT??) :rolleyes:
2. I want to be fit, strong and healthy enough to climb the CN Tower again this October - in less than 30 minutes this time :strong:
3. I want to go to my 30th high school reunion next year and wear my old cheerleader outfit (okay, that ain't never gonna happen - I was 25lbs. less then than what my goal weight is now!) :cheer:
4. I want the tops of my thighs to stop rubbing together and chaffing so that I won't have to spend most of the summer walking bow-legged :crossed:
5. I want the self-esteem, confidence and pride that comes from accomplishing a major life goal :encore:
And for good measure...
6. I want to have wild and crazy sex with the lights on (and allow him to open his eyes) :hyper:
05-20-2004, 04:24 PM
I would like to:
1) Improve my health.
2) Have less aches and pains.
3) Be able to fit into the clothes I see that I like.
4) Be able to get around better so I don't have to tell my little grandson ~ "grandma can't do that".
5) Like myself.
05-20-2004, 05:50 PM
1. To be healthy
2. to be able to shop at any store and not worry whether it might fit
3. to ride any ride at any theme park
4. To be able to run and play with my kids
5. I want my kids to be proud to call me mom and not be ashamed of having a "fat mom"
05-20-2004, 06:25 PM
1) I want to be fit and healthy and have lots of energy and vitality.
2) I want to get married in a size 10/12 (UK) wedding dress. (SOON!)
3) I want to be slim and fit enough to have a healthy pregnancy and raise my children. (ALSO SOON!)
4) I want to look and feel my age (31) and have fun like people my age do!
5) I want to be able to go into any shop I want and buy cool and funky clothes - and dress like the person I want to be, rather than being limited by only what fits me.
05-20-2004, 06:52 PM
1. I want to be able to go backpacking when people invite me instead of laughing. I cant even make it up a trail let alone carrying a pack!
2. I want to be able to wear my old rings
3. I want to look like I did in pictures from 5 years ago when I just KNEW I was so fat!! I would kill to look like that now.
4. I dont want people at my reunion next year to think "man, what happened to her?"
5. I want to be able to flirt with men confidently again!
Ivanna B. Skinny
05-20-2004, 07:53 PM
I have a visualization that has been running through my mind for years. I'll put it as number 1, the rest are important, but this one is my motovation.
1) I want to go the the beach in *HOT* bathingsuit, and see my husbands eyes pop, and see him look around to see if any other men are staring at me.
2) And they are!
3) I want to live my life, not just endure it.
4) I want to feel sexy and confidant.
5) I want to be healthy, feel healthy, look healthy, and set a healthy example for my Abby.
05-20-2004, 09:25 PM
1. I want to get off blood pressure medication.
2. I want to put off dialysis for as long as possible.
3. I want to be able to go clothes shopping w/my friends, the same stores.
4. I want to jog, dance, etc w/o hearing that flapping noise.
5. I want confidence in the bedroom.
05-21-2004, 03:32 PM
LOL SAPF--I was beginning to think I may be the only one hearing that flapping noise when I jog. It can sure be a motivator though :)
05-21-2004, 04:36 PM
OK, here goes....
1) I want to be healthy, and full of life and energy
2) I want my blood sugar levels to improve
3) I want to feel really comfortable and confident in my body
4) I want to have more freedom and fun in the kinds of clothes I wear
5) I want to be a confident, sexy woman
05-25-2004, 08:07 PM
1. I don't want to be the fattest person in room
2. I want to buy my clothes in a regular store (Lane Bryant at the mall is even ok, I just don't want HAVE TO order them ANYMORE)
3. I want to wear my engagement and wedding ring again
4. We are going to Disneyworld in Jan 2006, and I want to ride the rides and get around comfortably
5. When I get home from work I do not want to feel like my ankles are going to crumble
343/326/160/April 19 2004