Support Groups - Stay at Home Moms #175

View Full Version : Stay at Home Moms #175

MichelleRae
05-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!

BIGtimeLOSER
05-19-2004, 11:00 AM
Morning ladies!

Spryng, I would have voted for Diana if I could have gotten through!!! She was very good, as always. Fantasia was good, too. But I don't think I'd ever consider buying her CD, her sound just isn't appealing to me at all. After the way this season has turned out so far, I can't even begin to know who is gonna win this thing.

DH seemed to be more cheerful this morning, so any who prayed for us, keep it up, it is working!!

My house looked great yesterday, but not so good anymore, so I am off to pull it together again. It should be easier than yesterday. I also have to make a snack for Bible Study tonight, so I better get to it. I won't tell you what I am making, don't want to be cruel.

Be back later!

Chubba
05-19-2004, 11:13 AM
Good morning ladies :coffee:

First of all....CONGRATS TO ANDREW :cp: :bravo: Penny, that is great news! Will had to get stiches in his forhead when he was about 18 months old so he had to be wrapped up in that thingy too. It was soooooooo sad :( I think that was worse than the stitches!

Michelle and anyone else in the 200s or close... we may still be fat, but we're not as fat as we were yesterday :cb: :encore: :cheer: That's how I like to look at it! Also, we didn't get here overnight, we aren't going to get to goal overnight either...but with eachother's help we will make it!!! :coach: Hooray on the WI!!

Spryng, Dh is in again this weekend?? Seems like you were MIA last weekend...but that was me with the birthday bash :o Time sure flies doesn't it?? Nice talking with you again last night! I heard noises after I went to bed too :dizzy: and then I heard Tony at 2:30, 3:30 and 4:30 and he was up at 6:02 :devil:

:balloons: HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY TONY :balloons:
He's officially a year now. We decided to put money into his college plan rather than buying a toy or clothes that he doesn't need!

Crystal...YEAH to Dh for giving you your time :cp: and I'm glad for you that he was happy that you mowed.

Gas is $2.15 here...REDICULOUS!

Lisa :lol: Hey, just be happy he lights the candle!! Could me much worse....right Michele?
Flowers...what are those??? Oh yeah, the things they used to do to get lots of lovin' :rofl: I hint once in a while but it doesn't seem to help....so I'll just buy more of my own to plant in the yard :lol:

Leigh congrats on the scrapbooking...I have all the stuff but never get my butt down here to work on it after the boys go to bed. I'll have lots of catching up to do! I have Will's 1st year almost done (he just turned 3 :o ). Oh well!!

OK, I almost lost this post due to Tony...so I'm going to end it now. Hello to everyone out there! Going to enjoy the weather today because it's going to rain again for the next 5 days on and off. Expecting another 3 inches :( that we don't need!!!

Bye now!

Chubba
05-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Ricci, any news on your brother??

MichelleRae
05-19-2004, 11:26 AM
:balloons: :hb: Happy 1st Birthday Tony :hb: :balloons:

Oh yeah Geri I'm totally with you on the whole being lucky if they light a candle to cover the stench or even spray the air freshener lol.
Flowers? I get those on holidays and such, my hubby actually does pretty good with that. One thing I had to teach him was that you don't give your wife a gift certificate for xmas, anniversary, etc... I told him that he needs to think about what I would really like and to pick it out himself and it makes it that much more special! So he did great for xmas!! He got me one of those awesome stand mixers that cost like 200 bucks, I love it!!

and you are absolutely right about us not being as fat as we were yesterday or a week ago or a month ago!! You all make some very valid points :)

Ok guys I need some help lol I'm just glued to this bed cuz hubby took over today lol he even shut the door so I am not disturbed lol god I feel so special today lol. Ok I want to get in the bath tub but at the same time don't want to leave my warm down comforter lol.

Ok I'm off and running, I'll catch you girls later.
Michelle

Loveliam
05-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Wow! This thread is hopping :)

The day's been going fairly well so far. Great in terms of eating, but Liam is in a bad mood today,so that's no fun. :(

Spryng - hi! I'm like you with the shopping, so you know exactly what I mean :D Sounds like a relaxung weekend is planned. We have Master and Commander rented so we'll watch that, and we have some dinner and brunch plans - but don't worry, I'm already thinking ahead for that:D Dinner tonight is Lamb Kabobs on salad greens and some high fiber bread (we've always eaten high fiber bread, oddly enough, so there's no change in diet for that one).

oops! Liam's having ameltdown - I'll reply to the rest of you later . . .

mompen
05-19-2004, 01:54 PM
Hello Ladies

Geri,
You rock! Thanks so much for the applause for Andrew :) And

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONY!!!!!!!!!! :balloons: :balloons: :cake: :cake:
Does this mean terrible twos are NEXT??? GRRRR.......

I forgot who said there child swallowed the quarter but I just wanted to say Hunter did the same thing when he was little! The quarter came out :o And it was turned black.... lol

Michelle,
OMG!!!!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS LADY!!!! I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD HAVE A GREAT WEIGH IN THIS WEEK!!!! JUST WAIT TILL SUNDAY!!!! YAH!!!

Leigh,
I never thought about a scrapbook for the grandparents... I gotta get mine finished first......lol

Spryng,
Glad ya'll are relaxing this weekend! You need it!

Cindi,
Are you eating the snacks for bible school study?????

HI,
My name is Penny and I am addicted to the scale. I have been for 5 years now and don't think I will ever change..... LOL I weighed in this morning at 162.5 OMG!!!! I am down 20 pounds since I started SB! YAH! I am so excited about it and will make it!

Anyhow,
I just went to Walmart and spent $100.00 on our next door neighbors... I got a call at the hospital yesterday b/c someone thought our HOUSE was on fire but it wasn't us.... It was our next door neighbors... :( It burnt all the way down and now they have nothing! So I just brought her what I could and will help out as much as possible! That is so sad.... I just wanted to cry for her!

Have a wonderful day ladies!

spryng
05-19-2004, 02:50 PM
Good afternoon all!

Penny congrats on the loss!!! And that was so caring of you to buy your neighbors some things. How devastating it would be to lose your home and all your possesions. Were they home when it happened? Anyone get hurt?
Leigh, I really liked Master and Commander, thought it was really good. Lamb Kabobs? Sounds really good! I've never had lamb before. Does it taste like beef??
Michelle, I would die if my DH bought me one of those mixers! I have been wanting one forever! :) That was a great gift. I've talked to my DH about buying me stuff before, you know for no reason at all, out of the blue. Well he tried ONE time. And halfway through shopping he called me to ask me what I would buy if I were there... so the suprise and all that was blown out of the water. But I guess it was the thought that counted. lol. He makes up for not being romantic in other areas though, so it balances out, lol. How sweet of your DH to give you all morning to yourself!! Enjoy it!
Geri, yes I was not MIA last weekend and I'll try really hard to not be this weekend too. I just get so sidetracked when DH is home. And he's like another child that requires so much attention, you know? And I really enjoyed talking to you too last night! I feel like we've known each other forever. Did you check today to see what may have been causing those noises? Sometimes it makes more sense in the daylight and our imaginations aren't taking over, lol. I grew up on horror movies and stuff so sometimes my imagination takes on a life of it's own. I can do a better job at scaring myself than any movie I've ever seen. Does that happen to anyone else?
Cindi, so glad your DH is doing better. Takes some stress off of you. And you can tell me what snack you are making, lol, I won't tell anyone else! :)
:crossed: LOL
Well, guess I will get off here and find something to occupy me. I wish someone wanted to chat. :( TTYL!

BIGtimeLOSER
05-19-2004, 03:19 PM
Chat where, Spryng?

I am making Chocolate Lava Cake...right now I don't think I want to eat it, but I will just skip dinner if I do. It's worth it to skip dinner for CHOCOLATE! I need something not so sweet to go with it, but can't decide what.

DH has a very positive job lead. He doesn't know about it yet, this is one of those times I wish he had a cell phone. Daytime hours and very decent starting pay, which is good, because he was strongly considering becoming a truck driver...and leaving me all week with 7 kids...the nerve of that man!

Hi I am Cindi, addicted to the scale as well...must have my "fix" several times a day!*Blush* I still haven't lost that measly half a pound, but I will soon. I didn't drink enough water this week, so trying hard right now to fix that.

Everyone here is doing such an awesome job. We really need to work on that reward meeting when we all hit goal, because we are all going to!!

Time to meet and greet the kiddos, see ya later!

Loveliam
05-19-2004, 04:21 PM
Okay, We're back from the car dealership, so I can continue my earlier post :)

Michelle - Way to go with getting to 229 :) :cp: Hope you bask in it for a long while! I'm kind of tone deaf as well, while DH is very musically inclined, so we're the reverse of your situation :D

Geri - happy first Birthday wishes to Tony :)

Penny - Hooray on the loss!!! So sorry to hear about your neighbors. That's very sweet of you to help out. :angel:

Spryng - yeah, lamb is a red meat - it tastes a bit like beef, but slightly different Wow, that's a great descripotion there!:lol:

Cindi - ooo! Keep us posted on DH's job, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Ugh . . . it feels like Liam's been crying non-stop all day. It's enough to drive the most sane person batty. It has to be his teeth.

mompen
05-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Spryng,
No, no one got hurt thank goodness b/c they weren't home. But they do have a 1 1/2 yr old and a fifteen yr old. So the baby needs alot of things so I bought more for him than everyone else.
Hope you have fun with dh this weekend!

Cindi,
I am glad I am not the only one addicted to the scale.... LOL Hope you have a great day!

That is a great idea for us all to meet :) Like a skinny cruise or something??? That would be awesome! :) :) :)

Have a great day,
Gonna go outside and sit on the patio set and let the kiddos play. Trying to take it easy today :)

MichelleRae
05-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Wow Penny how great of you!! Someone I used to work with house burned down and I gave them a crib and some linens and some furniture that we didnt use. The wife was pregnant and due like in the month following the fire, it was even worse for them though because they were buying this house on a lease purchase and the "owner" didn't put any home insurance on it!! I just couldn't imagine losing everything! :(

Sounds like everyone is having a great day!! I had to go do some running around but I'm home for now, today is one of those days that dh is just getting on my nerves driving me absolutely nuts!! Its not really him lol its more me just being a little bit crabby.

The weather here today is just absolutely beautiful!! So while I was out running around I drove the long route home ;) It was nice.

Leigh - so sorry to hear about Liam being crabby, Teagan has kind of been too, but she's just really clingy so she likes to be held a lot.

Cindi - OMG!!! I want some lava cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmm

Spryng - That is just hilarious that your hubby tried ONE time lol I swear some men just are clueless in the shopping department lol.

Ok guys well I need to calm my grumpy little self down, I'll come post again later!
Michelle

Loveliam
05-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Michelle - hope you calm down some. Liam is also very clingy, but today he's both clingy and fussy :(

I have a WW question: When they list 2 shrimp Fajitas in the book as 8 points, does that include 2 small tortillas? I know any side items like guacomole, sour cream, etc. would be counted separately.

I keep forgetting to mention this . . . my friend who I walk with has pulled out her WW stuff from before she got pregnant (her son is Liam's age) and has started - inspired by me:lol: Isn't that neat? I may show her this group and she might decide to join our little circle of support if it's okay with ya'll.

spryng
05-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Hello again!
Leigh, so sorry Liam is fussy today. Have you tried baby oragel or anything for his gums? And yes those two shrimp fajitas should include the tortillas. Of course you can make shrimp fajitas for much less than 8 pts for 2. Buy those low carb tortillas which are only 1 pt each, shrimp is very low in pts, and the onion and bell pepper are 0 pts... so each fajita can be around 2-3 pts tops! JMHO, of course. That is how I would make them. And that is so great that you have inspired your friend!! I inspired my aunt to join and she is doing great. Went down two dress sizes already.
Michelle, hope you are feeling better. Just remember that your DH was so sweet to you this morning, don't forget you DO love him!! LOL.
Penny I would love to meet everyone face to face someday too. Someday I'll get to mee Ricci because we actually go to the same city every now and then, we just need to make plans.
Cindi, in Penny's signature you'll see a link to the mom's losing weight web page and there is a chat room there we can use to chat. We used to chat everyday at 2 pm but that has been gone for awhile now. I miss it. Maybe we can set up a late night chat? Like 10 pm central or something? What do you all think? I hope your DH takes that job! Sounds good, but if worse came to worse, being a truck drivers wife isn't all that bad, really. Plus it is really good money.
Well, I have dinner going now. My kitchen is quickly getting WAY too hot. I'm probably going to be forced to turn on the AC soon. I really hate having to do that. I delt with huge electric bills all winter due to using the furnace non-stop and I just don't want another big bill so I am willing to sweat a little to achieve that but it's getting to be almost 100 degrees in this house!! Too hot. Next year we are getting central heat and air put in to save on energy and bills... but that is months away yet. We have all summer to put up with out little window unit. When it gets really hot outside it can't keep up at all.
Ok, need to go stir the beans. TTYL!

watkinsguru
05-19-2004, 05:50 PM
Penny, that is great of you. Our home burned down when I was 8 yo. It was at like 4 something in the morning and in February and snow was on the ground. EVERYTHING got burned. The volunteer fire dept. that came out, their water froze, so it literally had to just burn. My parents didn't have home insurance either. It was bad, but of course, I can remember it happening, but I don't remember how horrible it was on my parents, as the kid, I just kind of went with them wherever they went. We finally had our home built back on the same slab. That's where I was until I got married. Anyway, EVERYONE gave us things. People we didn't know. We lived with my aunt and uncle for a while and they had this HUGE game room with only a pool table in there, and there were literally mazes through the bags of things given to us. I know that is what helped us get back on our feet. I will pray for them. I hope they can get back on their feet like my parents did.

I'll personally post to all of you later. I'm cooking dinner. Tangy chicken breast and I don't know what else.
TTYL

mompen
05-19-2004, 05:55 PM
Hey again ladies :)

It's me again! LOL

Spryng,
My hubby installs a/c's for a living. You think I could talk him into coming there to install one so I can come visit.... :lol: :lol: And I would love to have a later night chat... 9 or 10 would work for me. I could get all the kids down or at least laying down....

Leigh,
Hope Liam is getting better. I know Andrew was the same way at that age. But it gets better. He is 11 months now and he is walking around and very entertained by his toys. But he still wants his mommy :)

Michelle,
I know what you mean about dh getting on your nerves.. Mine does sometimes too and I really do agree with you about us being the crabby ones. Alot of times it is me and not him.

Anyhow,
Have a great evening. What's for supper....

I am making jamabalya for the family and stuffed bellpeppers for all of us. I am having a bellpepper and a salad. I have been cravings a salad....

Used to be cheeseburgers and now I crave salads..... Boy am I getting strange or what??? LOL :dizzy:

Loveliam
05-19-2004, 07:52 PM
We had a yummy dinner - Lamb over salad. I had two pieces of high-fiber bread and I was soooo full by the end of the meal! DH is a high-fiber freak, so almost all our grains are high in fiber. I also bought a bunch of one-point snacks so I'm all set for cravings :lol:

Spryng - I usually give Liam infant Tylenol, which seems to help, so I'm not sure that it's really his teeth today - maybe just a bad mood. And the fajitas - I was looking them up for restaurant dining, where I'm sure they use oil, etc. planning ahead for the weekend :D But that's good to know about the low-carb tortillas because I do make them a lot at home. I love fajitas.

Penny - I merely repeat to myself : "Tomorrow Liam will be better!" Dinner sounds yummy!

Crystal - sorry to hear what your family went through when you were a child. I can't even imagine it - it would be very sad. What did you wind up having with the chicken?

Well, off to watch 24 on Tivo from last night and hen American Idol . . .

Freckles
05-19-2004, 08:04 PM
I can't believe how many posts there are again here! Where do you gals find the time to post individually to everyone? Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy visiting with you all and love to stay updated with everyone. But to address everyone---I get everyone mixed up & then it gets me so frustrated. I think I need to invest in a little dictaphone recorder while reading these posts. :lol: Well, let me start by addressing a few of you in the order that I have read the posts & hopefully I'll have enough time to get to all of you before another thread opens up again.

mompen
05-19-2004, 09:24 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies,

Hope everyone has had a great night so far! Just wanted to see if ya'll want to do the chat tonight? Like 10:00-11:00 central? Or like 9:00-10:00 central or like 9:30 to 10:30 central?

If ya'll want we can maybe vote or something???

10:00 to 11:00 is great for me!

MichelleRae
05-19-2004, 09:26 PM
Hello Ladies!!

I just finished dinner I had chicken breast stuffed with a piece of string cheese again and some mushrooms on top and a salad but I am soooo stuffed I'm going to get a workout in after American Idol. Hubby and myself have become addicted to that 70's show, just our type of sick humor lol.

Leigh - How do you like tivo? We just ordered a tv tuner for our computer and it has all the features of tivo but we can burn the programs to a dvd and a bunch of other stuff I'm excited to get it cuz we just moved My computer into our bedroom so we have been watching dvds on it I don't know why but I just love watching tv in bed lol.

Penny - MMMMM I think I may make turkey stuffed bell pepper for dinner tomorrow that just sounded so good! How was your day girly?

Well I'm going to go and watch my programs I'll post again later :)
Hope you all are having a great night!
Michelle

watkinsguru
05-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi there girls. I don't have time to post to everyone. I did want to put my post in though.
I did okay today. For some reason I was having uncontrollable cravings for junk food. I did good though, I gave in to some of them, but for doing that, I made lunch and dinner very limited. I also rode my bike for 25 minutes to burn 300 calories, which in turn helped any bad things I did. I hope I don't have those cravings tomorrow. I think it's because I stayed home all day. I might have to get out just to get rid of those things. Anyway, all in all, I didn't do horribly bad.
I hope everyone else has had a great day. I hope you all have a great night. I'll check in in the morning.
Good Night.

mompen
05-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Leigh,
Hope you had a good night watching your shows!

Jackie,
I hear ya woman! It is hard to keep up with everyone! Hope you have a great night!

Michelle,
Never tried stuffing the peppers with chicken! Great idea though!

Crystal,
Hope you have a better day tomorrow!

Have a great night ladies!

watkinsguru
05-20-2004, 07:19 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Good Morning Gals. Hope you all had a good night. There weren't many posts yesterday evening which is weird. I guess everyone was busy and such.

Well, I only had a soso night. Slept most of it on the couch as usual, with Andrew in arm. I peeked at the scale and it looks good, but I have a question. My scales are some of those cheapos from Walmart, which is what I've always used, but I found some of the much better, more expensive, easier to read scales in my FIL's shop and those are MUCH nicer to me. Would it be fair if I start using those to weigh, even though I started with mine? I won't if you don't think that's a fair reading, but if you do, oh I will then. Just wanted to know what you all think.
I don't have much planned today and I'll tell you. I have had motivation to be outside and do things out there but not in the house. But we have NO trees for shade and there's not alot to do in the heat of the day outside, but if I stay in I don't have the motivation to do things in doors. What should I do? I told my dh yesterday I wanted a swimming pool. I don't like swimming or the water much and he asked me a while back if I wanted one and I said no, but after yesterday,we all wanted to go outside but it was hot and in direct sun light, I changed my mind. However, not sure that I'll get one, but I thought about at least getting one of those little bitty ones from Walmart just for the kids to enjoy. We'll see. Look at me I'm rambling. Sorry. Well, I guess I'll do some ebaying. I'll check in later.

mompen
05-20-2004, 08:35 AM
Good Morning, Ladies!

Crystal,
That is your personal decision on the weighing. Do you know which scale is accurate? I have a digital for 5 years now and it is still calabrated. I know the digital or the dr.'s scales are the most accurate.
I actually got in the kiddos pool yesterday with them...lol

It's bill day today... Grrrr... But I might go ahead and run to Target and Kmart about 25 min. away and see if I can find the watp's dvd. Just depends on how good the kids are being...... :lol:

I desperatly need to start getting some exercise in. I am so flabbly.

Spryng,
Did you exercise while you where getting to goal? I know you said you don't now, but I wasn't sure if you did when you were losing. Oh BTW, I am hoping my shorts fit when they come in, I tried on the only pair of 10 jeans and I got them on and zipped. Just still too tight. But they are from Lerner's. Anyhow I will let you know :)

Have a great day everyone!

Gotta get off here and get something done.....LOL

watkinsguru
05-20-2004, 09:05 AM
I have another question for you gals. Okay, I tried my new outfits on again and I don't know if physically I've changed that much since Sunday or if my mind sight has changed but my new clothes really fit me well. But here is my problem, I don't want to be too blunt, but you see, I have a butt. And I don't mean just because I'm fat. I really he a butt that is round and curved. Even when I was thin and in high school, there were comments made about my butt. I really have a BUTT! But it's looks worse now that I'm fat and my new clothes fit great but my butt is huge. These capris I bought have no pockets on the butt which doesn't help. So I need some exercises for my tooshie. I thought that stair stepper I was using. But honestly I can't even make it for a full 60 seconds, I'm not kidding. But it burns on the back of my thighs where it meets my butt. So if you think this exercise will help I'll focus on this one. I have six weeks to try to make my butt smaller. HELP?!?

Loveliam
05-20-2004, 09:23 AM
Good morning gals! I'm still doing very well with WW - I like it a lot. Like Spryng says, it fits very well into real life. I'm meeting a friend for lunch today and will be sure to find something not too high in points.
I have some more questions for ya'll. Does "no sugar added" ice cream taste good? Before I buy any, I wanted the scoop :lol: no pun intended:lol: Just for insight into my tastes in this area - I like ice cream quite a bit, but do not like frozen yogurt, so am wondering if I'd like no sugar added ice cream.

Jackie - Hi! What I do is open a new browser window and then I can type in my reply in one window while reading everyone's posts in the other window. HTH :D

Michelle - We love Tivo! We've had it foor 3 or 4 years and adore it! I've seen ads for what your talking about - being able to burn to dvd would be good, though we have a recordable dvd player, so it might get a little redundant for us :lol: can you tell we're TV addicts???

Hey, Crystal. Sounds like you handled your cravings well - WTG :) I think you should get a newer scale if you feel it would help you with your weight loss and knowing weight with more accuracy. What kind of store does FIL have? Also, I think even a little pool from Walmart will entertain the kids. Do ya'll have a sprinkler? We used to love runnibg through the sprinkler as kids :D

Hi Penny! Hope you had a great evening. As for WATP I'm almost positive I saw them at Target before, but in the section with the weights and work-out equipment - I think because it came with a toning band or something.

American Idol: Well, it looks like the two who should remain do . . . one of my friends is a big Fantasia fan, but she says she doesn't think Fantasia will ultimately win because Diana probably has wider appeal.

spryng
05-20-2004, 09:34 AM
Good morning all!

Crystal, about your "butt" LOL. Ok, The Firm is a great way to lose inches off your back side and it also LIFTS your behind so it looks smaller and perkier, lol. That is what I would recommend. Stairsteppers? yes it would probably work too but you have to do it much longer than 60 secs, that burn you are feeling is a good burn. OK, now about pants with no pockets... not a good idea for women overweight. makes the butt look even bigger (got this from some fashion channels and what not to wear) also low rise jeans will make the butt look bigger as will smal pockets. So the best thing is to buy higher waisted jeans with big back pockets (like most cargo jeans have) and they are really flattering. Just a thought, lol. I know you didn't ask about that, I'm just thinking out loud. :) And about your scale... use the one you will be able to use weekly and then stick with that one. But you can change or get a new scale anytime you want, lol. I'm thinking about getting one that reads fat percentages. We have two little swimming pools outside from walmart. One is a good sized platic one with the built in slide (I'm sure you all have seen these outside of walmart every year) it is perfect sized for Ava and Bubba, and then I bought a little plastic one for Tanner. The other two get too rambunctious in their pool with water to the rim and Tanner wouldn't be safe in there with them so I got him his own. He is very cute in it. But I have been known to get in their pools too! lol. And I may do it again soon because I am dying to wear my new tankini! LOL. So why don't you like swimming?
Penny have fun paying bills and shopping! I went to walmart last night to get a fan that clips on stuff for Tanner's playpen that he sleeps in. Nap time is very hot for him and he sweats... poor baby. But that fan should help. And yes I have exercised in the past, lol. I did alot of The Firm when I first started WW, but it slowed my weightloss WAY down (because I was building muscle I'm sure) but it discouraged me so I quit exercising. Now I see the redundancy in that descision but I can't go back. Also I had done pilates off and on too since then but nothing consistant. But mostly I got to goal without exercising. I am very ashamed of myself for being so lazy. But I promise you that will change very soon!!! I want to exercise like crazy as soon as my dvd gets here. I will challenge myself to have a great body by the end of summer. I really want to lose some inches!! lol
Jackie, don't get overwhelmed by all the posts made here. It can be very hard to keep up with. So just come by and post a little and we would all love that! :) How are you doing? Still using your bike and treadmill?
Leigh, before Tanner got his first teeth he would go a few days of being cranky and clingy before the gums began to swell and I knew it was teething. So hang in there. Teething can be difficult but as soon as those bad boys break the skin he'll feel better.
Michelle and Penny, I had so much fun last night chatting with the two of you! You both really made my evening!!! :) :) :) And yes, I vote for 10-11 pm for chat every night too. My kids usually go down about 9:30 so that will give me 30 min to do my eveing routine before chatting. But I can compromise for anyone else that needs it earlier or later.

Well today looks like I will get to see DH!!! He doesn't get to come home until tomorrow but today he is at the yard in olathe getting his truck worked on and will be there all day so he wants me to come up and spend the afternoon with him, which of course I am eager to do! LOL. I miss him! The tomorrow he'll drive home for the weekend. So I need to get off here and get my house work done, my shower done, etc. So I'll talk with you all later!! :p

watkinsguru
05-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Leigh, thanks for your advice. My FIL's shop is just that...it's a workshop. We live next door to him and we use it too. Just has exercise equipment, tools, mowers, etc. He has one of those easy to read scales...big numbers and markers to put on each acheivement and so on. I have a walmart one that has little bitty marks between the numbers.

Penny, I'm not sure if my scale is accurate, it's the only one I've used. I have a hard time thinking that I'm still in the upper 190's and fitting in a sz. 16. I'll go check what the other scale says and tell y'all and maybe y'all can be the judge, huh?...?

Anyway, I'm feeling really well today. I had breakfast and although those biscuits with honey are calling my name I only had one to fit into my calories for breakfast and that's all I intend to have. After trying on those clothes this morning, I feel VERY motivated to push myself in anyway I need to.

I'll check in later, again.

spryng
05-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Leigh, you snuck in on me, lol. I'm so glad you are loving ww! And if you go to applebees they have the ww menu now!! (I'll probably be going there today!) enjoy your lunch date with your friend! Sounds so nice. And about suagr free icecream. Most use splenda which to me taste the same as sugar so I like it just fine. But if you don't like the taste of splenda then you may not like it. The only way to know is so buy a small container or box and try some. I love it though. We did the sprinkler thing in our yard right before buying the pools. The kids loved that too. And don't forget about slipnslides!! Those were so much fun growing up and they are quite cheap now too.
Ok, I've got to get in the shower. TTYL!

watkinsguru
05-20-2004, 10:02 AM
Spryng, I have never like swimming. When I was little I was scared to death to get a bath. I don't mind wading in shallow water, but I am not a swimmer. I used to water ski and go to the lake alot when I was a teenager. I would participate in these fun activities I just didn't always enjoy them.
I stepped on my FIL's scale and it says 192. I usually weigh first thing in the morning, in just pj's and my scale says about 198. My FIL's scale said 192 while I was dressed and after breakfast. The reason I think his may be more accurate is because I'm fitting in a sz. 16 and the only other times I did that was when I weighed 185-195. I think I may go with his. That means I started at about 203. I'll think about it today and listen to what y'all have to say first.
And thanks for the advice on the clothes, but dang it I already bought them and I really like them. To tell you the truth I'm not sure I found anything with back pockets. I could take them back and look for something else, but I don't usually exchange it's too much of a headache.

TTYL

mompen
05-20-2004, 10:14 AM
OMG! HELP! LOL

I just checked the back on my capri's and they HAVE NO POCKETS!!!! LOL

I bet my butt looks HUGE!!!! LOL

Well,
It will match the rest of my body then....lol

Crystal,
Congrats, That is a huge difference in the numbers.

Spryng,
Have fun with dh this evening! I know you are excited to see him!

Leigh,
Have fun at lunch today. Sounds like you are doing awesome on plan! YAH! And btw, when you click, reply... under where you are posting my list a topic review which is where everyone posted... Not sure if everyone's is like that or if I click a box to make it that way....LOL

And my mil just come over and asked for the kids....... grrrr... But they wanted to go so now I am going to town by myself.... Which is nice but I always miss them!

Have a great one, Check back later in the day!

mompen
05-20-2004, 10:17 AM
And yeah Michelle and Spryng, WE started at 10:00 last night but didn't get off until like what, 1am!!!!!!!

I am actually not tired so I will see you ladies again tonight! I had a blast too!

If anyone wants to chat tonight on the webpage, There is a link at the bottom of my sig.....

It is from 10:00 til ' I guess I should say....... LOL

But really from 10:00 to 11:00 central

Hope to see ya there!

Chubba
05-20-2004, 10:19 AM
Good morning :coffee: :coffee:

Jackie, don't worry about keeping up with the posts. Sometimes it's just impossible :D The other night it took me about 1/2 hour to read everything and by then I was just too darn tired to repsond :lol: Just let us know how you're doing when you get a chance!

Crystal, keep the clothes if you like them. To heck with what anyone else thinks :lol: I can't wait to get into a 16!! I'm at 213 and I can get my 18 jeans on and zipped, they're just too snug for public yet. I could wear them in the house for awhile and strech them out first but I don't know if I could breath if I sat down ;) As for the pool we have the baby pool (the hard plastic one) and last year we bought one of those little ones that you inflate the outer ring and it lifts as the pool fills. Great size for Will and I can sit in it with the water up to my neck. I love swimming!

Spryng, enjoy the early visit with Dh! I don't know how often I would make the chat at 10. The boys (at least Tony) is up by 6am so I usually go to bed early. I'll join when I can though.

Leigh, glad you're liking WW. I've done it before...just too lazy to count points everyday :^: Tony's driving me nuts today too! Not teething, just being a general pain!! Constantly climbing on me when I'm trying to post. Hope Liam treats you better today.

Penny, you're too sweet! $100 is a lot of money!! Sure hope I would be that generous if it happened around here!! We're insured up to our eyeballs between auto, homeowners, health & life....we'd probably be rich if it wasn't for the premiums :lol: At least everything's covered.

OK, Tony's going to ruin this post in a minute.

Hi to everyone else!! lOve ya.

Chubba
05-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Michelle I think you sent the crabby bug out east!!! Thanks much! HOpe you're better today too ;)

spryng
05-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Crystal, I bought a new scale not long after starting ww and it was a 5# difference! (to my advantage! lol) so what I did was go back ( my starting weight WAS 177 according to my old scale) so I changed it to 172 since my new scale was 5# less and went from there. So I think that would be just fine for you to do also. Plus it sounds like your FIL scale is more accurate. My new scale reads exactly the same as my doctors did so that is why I wanted to go by it also. And don't worry about taking your capris back because they don't have pockets!! lol. They may look just fine on you. I was just going on and on this morning. LOL. I have some that don't have pockets and I wear them anyway, I can't see my butt anyway so I don't worry if anyone else thinks it looks big in them LOL.
Well... Dh called and his dispatcher has him scheduled to do classes all day today so I won't get to go see him unless I want to leave after 3 pm (which would get me home super late) so I'm thinking I may just not go today. Makes me sad... but unexpected things happen. I just can't wait for him to get home tomorrow. I miss him so much.
So I'm getting my new grocery list together from my Saving Dinner book and maybe I'll go grocery shopping today or in the morning. I can't wait to try some of these recipes!
You all want to hear what I will be having next week?
Day 1: Chicken Pasta with Artichokes
Day 2: Asian Burritos with Ginger Salsa
Day 3: Succotash Soup
Day 4: Mediterranean Fish
Day 5: Turkey Wraps
Day 6: Orange Thyme Crock-pot Chicken

The recipes are made for 6 servings so I need to go through my shopping list (you print them off on her web site) and cut it in half because that would be WAY too many leftovers, lol. But it all sounds so good. And it's all very healthy. Not one meal in her book was very high in pts. The highest I've come accross so far is 11 pts for one meal but it was a BIG serving and I usually have 12-14 pts left for dinner anyway so it will be fine for me. But I am so excited to try them all out! :)
Ok, need to get off here. TTYL!

MichelleRae
05-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Morning Ladies!!

Crystal - Also some lunges are really good for backside I used to do them when I was thin and they kept my booty nice and toned. As for being in the 190's and in a 16 its totally possible when I was in the 190's I wore a size 15/16 I bought Arizona jeans from pennys and they seemed to fit the best :) But now I love Mossimo jeans from Target.

Spryng - I had so much fun last night too!! I went to bed with a smile and it wasn't cuz I got any nookie lol ;) I vote 10-11 too That would be 9pm my time! But usually my evenings are my own anyway. Ohhh that is so awesome that you get to go see hubby today!! I'm excited for you and I'm so excited to hear about you and hubby's weigh in!! I'm sure he will make great progress!!

Leigh - LOL We're tv junkies too!! The PcTv system we're getting lets us pause and record and rewind too just like tivo. Is there a subscription fee for tivo I thought i saw somewhere that there was but I could be wrong. I know PCTV doesnt have a fee which is great! How is Liam today? Is he feeling better?

Penny - Have a great day running errands!! I hope you are able to find WATP dvd's!!

As for American Idol: I really really want Fantasia to win she is just funny and energetic thats what I really love about her and even if she doesnt win she's as good as signed anyway Clive Davis I'm sure has big plans for her already I know I'll buy her album! Diana - Sure shes got a great voice, but like Quentin Tarrentino said I just don't feel a connection with her.

Oh Crystal, Use which ever scale you want use, I like my scale because it calibrates each time I use it! I got it at walmart for 25 bucks I believe

Ok I better get off here I gotta get the house picked up!! I'll talk to you all later!

Michelle

MichelleRae
05-20-2004, 10:34 AM
lol several posts while I was writing my first one lol

Geri - Noooo I didn't send my grumpy bug to you lol I hope the wind didn't blow it that way ;) but I am feeling much better this morning!

Spryng - That menu sounds devine!!!! Awww sorry to hear that hubby will be tied up in classes all day man that really sucks!! We're here for ya :)

Well I better get off here now!!
Michelle

Loveliam
05-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone!

Spryng - Have fun with DH. That book sounds really good. I have to look into it for next month - so it fits into the budget :)

Crystal - good idea to use clothes as your motivation. And I'd go with the FIL scale!

Penny - have fun in town today.

Geri - Liam is better today, thankfully. He's napping right now - yeah.

Michelle - yes, Tivo has a membership fee, but we paid up front for lifetime membership which has more than paid for itself since we've had it for so long.

Well, it looks like DH and I are taking a last-minute trip to Savannah this afternoon! He's going for business, so I asked if Liam and I could come along and we could extend his stay and return to Atlanta on Saturday. I'm bringing my computer, so I should be able to check in as tomorrow is WI day. Being one of the scale addicts, I already know I've lost, but ya'll will have to wait until tomorrow to find out how much :p Oh, isn't the suspense killing you??? :lol: But, I think while DH is out interviewing people tomorrow, Liam and I are going shopping on River St. in the historic district - I'd like to buy just a little something as a reward for week 1's loss. Also, we like to buy Liam a cap or t-shirt for each city we visit.

Oh . . . wait - how will I weigh myself tomorrow? Maybe the hotel will have a scale. If not, I'll have to go with what I weighed this morning. I'll keep ya'll posted!

watkinsguru
05-20-2004, 11:24 AM
starting a new thread.

spryng
05-20-2004, 11:30 AM
OK, one last post from me until nap time, LOL

Leigh, that book Saving Dinner is at a decent price on Amazon.com or you can pay 10 bucks and have her email you 3 months worth of menus! (which is what I wanted to do but then decided I'd check out the book first) But what I like about it is all the recipes sound really good but are simple to make. And don't take much time. Plus after every menu she also adds what to have on the side which I always have a hard time deciding and it's healthy stuff. So I'm going to try it out and see how I like it. Have fun on your trip!! Can't wait to hear about your WI! Sounds like it will be good too.
Michelle, I went to bed smiling too, lol. I was thinking over our chat and started giggling like crazy LOL. I was just so happy. Took me over 30 min to fall asleep because I kept running our conversation through my head and giggling, :^: LOL
Geri, boy have I done that with jeans. I was so impatient to get in them when they were a little snug so I'd wear them around the house so they would losen up (which was uncomfortable to say the least) and then after the day was over they weren't too bad... but then you have to wash them and start ALL over again, lol. Not worth it anymore, lol. I'd rather be a size bigger than put myself through the pain. :) If 10 pm is too late for you I'm sure we can start at 9:30 or something. We'd love to chat with everyone!

OK, I still haven't got dressed. So I am off here to do that now and go over my shopping list again. I am going to go after nap time. I'm going to go through my spice cabinet and write down everything I have in there and keep it posted on the inside of that cabinet door. I find myself buying the same things over and over because they are lost in there, LOL. So next time I'll be able to look at my list and see if I have the spice a recipe calls for before buying a new bottle of it.
So off I go... talk to you all at nap time!