Support Groups - Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve

View Full Version : Moo-tivated to Mooooo-ve

Lohani
05-19-2004, 08:11 AM
Isn't 11 a bit excessive? I have started a new thing...I get up and stretch before I do ANYTHING. It only takes a few minutes, and it improves my day. I have a Pilates dvd...should I try it? Is it hard? Do you think I HAVE a powerhouse? We'll see. I can't walk for exercise. I hate seeing people and having to be friendly. It feels pointless.

I am not working today. Instead I plan to put my ivy on my fence. I have bought rabbit wire(that is what they called it) to make baskets that will hang off the fence. I will hang them with moss inside with dirt in the moss and the ivy plants. Hopefully the ivy will actually grow and make my fence beautious.

I did not get to vote. Sorry. How did she do?

I must take my kids to school. bye

Lohani
05-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Isnt' it rude to ignore me all day?

Kiwonk
05-19-2004, 05:52 PM
Yes

Kiwonk
05-19-2004, 05:53 PM
How dare we?

Kiwonk
05-19-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm feeling obnoxious today. Can you tell?

Your ivies sound delightful. Is that the plural of ivy? Looks funny. I am still not doing anything exercisy. That's not a word either.

I'm having an exciting day: I'm cleaning the filters in my vacuum cleaner. MMM I can hardly wait to get back to it.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
05-19-2004, 06:02 PM
I wasn't ignoring you. I was at the awards ceremony at your nephew's school. He got a certificate for a 4.0 gpa; for exceptional work in American history; and for that kind of work in the "reading across the genres" class.

His first semester science teacher told me DS was his best student. I tried to hint that a certificate would have been nice if that were true.

Kiwi was ignoring you and others still are. Chloe outcome???

Wabby
05-19-2004, 08:16 PM
I won't know the Chloe outcome until this evening when I watch the taped show.

Lohani, your ivy on the fence sounds beautiful. Pictures please.

I am slowly creeping back up the scales. I think I'm depressed. Actually I know I'm depressed. I may take up anti depression walking. If I'm not feeling too lousy.

Cowperboy is doing wonderfully. Cowper must be so proud.

Kiwonk
05-19-2004, 10:54 PM
Life is a beach and I am a whale.

One of our friends got a job in Augusta, GA and is leaving this weekend. He is leaving his wife and 4 dogs here. Her choice, apparently. Not because they want to separate, just sounds like too much trouble to move, I guess. How's that for apathy? I think the whole world is depressed. Do you suppose our parents were like this? Or did they just do more self-medicating, booze and pills or something. I remember my mother taking "tranquilizers" when she quit smoking. She was only in her mid-30s then.

Congrats on the Peachboy's honors. Many more to come I'm sure. I wonder when DD's awards day is, hmmm, guess I'd better ask. Don't think she'll volunteer it.

DD got a letter in the mail today saying she got in the 2 weeks she wanted at guitar workshop this summer. She is really looking forward to this. Everybody there will be motivated guitarists. I'm sure it will be a great experience. She is taking jazz guitar one week and modern rock guitar the next, with additional classes in music theory, live sound tech, songwriting, jazz improvisation, and playing in a rock band. Cool, huh?

Tomorrow is my drivedrivedrivewalkwalkreadreadwalkdrivedrivedrive day. Ta

Kiwi

Lohani
05-20-2004, 07:35 AM
I am working today, but my kids don't have school. This is my fav way to work. I've discovered that the main thing I don't like about working is that after getting three(really four, DH is no morning person either) I have to get myself out, too. It turns out that I'm the easiest one to deal with...no surprise there.

I've made my bed and stretched already. It is only 6:29.

Congrats on Nephew's awards. Our school sends an invitation to the parents so there is no chance of anyone not being informed.

I await the news of Chloe.
L

Cowpernia
05-20-2004, 08:19 AM
this is how I deciphered Kiwi's post.

1. she drives somewhere far
2..walks for maybe 40 minutes
3. reads three chapters in a novel
4. walks 20 minutes back toward the car
5. drives home

I am concerned that she isn't walking all the way back to the car.

Lolo, I think I'm the easiest person to deal with, too. Certainly I'm easier than anyone I grew up with.

Have to take ds to the airport this morning. then I'm alone til Monday. this isn't good. I am alone TOO MUCH. What is the solution?

SugP
05-20-2004, 02:35 PM
I am concerned that she isn't walking all the way back to the car.

Maybe she walks twice as fast? :smug:

Today is Father's Day in Germany as well as Ascension Day which Lush already knows about because her kids are home just like mine are (including dh) except mine are home tomorrow too AND then get May31-June 1 off for Whitsun. And we're not even Catholic. Just imagine. :o

I exercised. I don't want to be chunky any more.

Cowpernia
05-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Sugarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it is so so so hard to lose a pound and so sosooooooo easy to put it back on. Why Why Why???WWIWFUJ*WIHFhjklf What are we to do???? WE dcan't go on liek tho8is? Do you understand? We must not get agitated. We must stay on course but hte curw doens't work!!! IT doens't. Well, it make sus feel happier and limberer and healtherir but stilll I'm carry8ing a big fat butt everywhere i go. Hrmph. DS is in the air.

Wabby
05-20-2004, 03:25 PM
The Peach is speaking a foreign language. Peach, enjoy the solitude. I would love some alone time. At home alone time, anyway. I get plenty of at the office alone time.

Chloe did not win the cutest baby award, but I'm sure the contest was rigged because she obviously was the cutest. It's kind of like LaToya London being voted off American Idol. A travesty. She did receive a lovely consolation prize for being in the finalist category. A gift certificate for a fancy schmancy children's clothing store.

Sugar are you paying DH back for mother's day or taking the high road? Also known as the road paved with guilt???

Kiwi, do you mean your friend is permanently moving to Augusta, but permanently leaving his wife behind in Maine? or is this temporary, because if it's permanent I'd call that divorce. You can't maintain a marriage and not live in the same state. You know, I get depressed, but DH and I are still good together. I don't know what I'd do without him. My Dr. says that everybody is depressed these days because we live waaay too stressful lives, and that nobody used to live like this. Think about it. Wouldn't you be much less depressed if you didn't have to listen to the news all the time?

I think my depression is work related. I'm just fine if I can spend the day working in my yard. Unfortunately that's not possible.

Kiwonk
05-20-2004, 11:01 PM
Yes, Wabbit, he is apparently taking this as a permanent job. One week of each month he will be in Canada, and supposedly the weekends on each end of that week, he will spend here with the wife. So, if they were the sort of couple who barely see each other during the week, and only spent weekends together, that would be like only cutting in half the time they spent together. Of course, they never did live that way: they both work in the same office, but still. Yeah, it kind of looked the equivalent of a real separation, if not divorce, to me too. Some question I suppose of whether she will reconsider when she finishes her college degree she's working toward at the moment (less than a year left I think), but personally I don't see her picking up and moving. And yet, I'll bet they don't get a divorce. That's what I meant about the apathy.

Or maybe I'm projecting my own feelings -- Of course, if DH moved somewhere for a job, I'd be packing up this dump with glee and following. BUT, the scenario that's been kicked around here alot, that he might "retire" (no, he's not old enough) and go sailing for an extended time, does not appeal to me AT ALL and I would seriously consider staying here and letting him go off alone. And it feels sort of like apathy. I don't like it, but there it is.

1. she drives somewhere far
2..walks for maybe 40 minutes
3. reads three chapters in a novel
4. walks 20 minutes back toward the car
5. drives home

Close; I don't think I was quite accurate. Technically, what I did today was drivedrivedrivedrivedrivedrivewalkwalkwalkreadread walkrideriderideriderideride.
The reason the first walk is 3x as long as the second one is that I walk for 30 minutes, end up at the library, read for 20 minutes, then walk back to the music school, which is only 10 minutes from there. I have this down to a science. I even have a specific book at the library with a hidden bookmark in it. I've become a very odd person, haven't I? The reason I do this is that I discovered that this library had this particular book I really wanted to read, but I can't take it out -- I don't have a card there (I don't live in that town). I've asked my library to get the book, but they haven't yet.

I'm with Sugar, I don't want to be chunky either. Let's quit being chunky.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
05-21-2004, 12:09 AM
ok. let's all stop being chunky. Now.

Lohani
05-21-2004, 01:03 AM
I'm putting an end to this chunkiness as we speak.

There, it's gone.

DixieAmazon
05-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry to be MIA so long. Between the boys schedules and too many funerals I havent been on line much. Yesterday was the last day of school. Pray for me, LOL.

I am fatter now and I am going back on South Beach Monday and I started walking this week. Got motavated by my adult happy meal. Which was goog but had no cookies.

Cookie Monster

Cowpernia
05-21-2004, 11:22 AM
The Adult Happy Meal has water. I want tea.

DixieAmazon
05-21-2004, 01:07 PM
You can sub another beverage, but of course Micky D's reserves the right to increase the price.

SugP
05-21-2004, 01:30 PM
If I go to McDonald's I expect them to serve me the usual slop, not water and apples and all that prissy stuff. What's the world coming to? In Germany they call "Super Size" "Maxi!Menu".

Hey Cookie! Nice to hear from you again. I was wondering what you'd been up to. Sorry about the funerals. No one close to you, I hope?

I'm now reading that regular exercise can lead to a temporary weight gain, not just muscle but muscle holding in water for a while so that's what I'm hoping for since I've gained weight but don't really look fatter. Than usual, I mean. Getting old is so depressing.

Cowpernia
05-21-2004, 01:55 PM
I went to McD's and got 3 salads because 3 of us wanted pedometers. They were out of bottled water. Of the 3, 1 got a pedometer. It's not worth going back. Can't call them because their phone number is beeps into a FAX machine.

Wabby
05-21-2004, 02:05 PM
OK. Count me in. No more chunk. How're we going to accomplish this?

Kiwonk
05-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Jeez, going back to McD is something of a personal specialty of mine. :rolleyes: I swear they get the order wrong about 50% of the time.

The Adult Happy Meal has water. I want tea.Stick a teabag in it. :coffee:

I dragged myself out and walked this morning. For about 30 minutes. That's kind of wimpy, isn't it? But it's soooooo boring. I can go up the road or I can go down the road. If I go down the road, I can turn in at the dam road and walk back along the lake. Even though most of that walk is boring too, at least I get to gaze at the lake.
But on a day like this, I get very wet feet doing that, so I went up the road, walked till I got stultifyingly bored, turned around and came back. The only exciting thing that happens is the giant log trucks come bombing down the road scaring me half to death. One of them tooted at me this morning. Cuz I'm such a hot chick, heh.

I just got a spam entitled Pen Is Owners Manual. Should I forward it to DH?

Rainbow Kiwi

DixieAmazon
05-21-2004, 05:13 PM
[QUOTE=SugP]Hey Cookie! Nice to hear from you again. I was wondering what you'd been up to. Sorry about the funerals. No one close to you, I hope?QUOTE]

They were people my husband was close too that I don't know well. Still tough. Here is the promised joke:

What do you call a cow who's just given birth? De-calf-inated!

Lohani
05-21-2004, 06:01 PM
Hey, Cookie! I'm sorry to hear that you're having a tough time. Stick with us, though because we're not going to be chunky anymore and you may as well join us. I'm sure that will make you feel better.

Here's my day. I went to the hairdresser, she was preoccupied and scalped me. Then I went to work for a 1/2 day. I was in an emotionally disturbed classroom with a 5 year old. The 23 yo male teacher sat on this boys desk so that his crotch was eye level with the kid. Then, as he was talking to the kid, the kid is resting his hands on the guy's crotch. He swatted them away a few times, but still. When he got up I said something...as you know I have no internal censor....The guy was offended...can you believe it??? Anyway...should I go to the administration? discuss

I want a full out plan submitted by tomorrow. I want someone to give me ideas of what on earth to eat. I agree that walking is boring. I used to walk with my friend, but then she became boring. I am just easily bored.

I think that if G*d wanted us to eat salads from McD's he would have put them on the dollar menu. ALSO...are you sure they are better than a McChicken sandwich?????????? It is only a buck. A truly wonderful chicken flavoured sandwich.

I must address the house , we're having company tonight. L

Kiwonk
05-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Hey :cookie: Cookie! :cookie: Sorry I forgot to say hi before -- my bad. Come join us on our quest for .. um .. whatever it is we're doing. This week we're dechunkifying. Smooth peanut butter only I think.

Lush, you can eat whatever you want at McDs. Only sheep must slavishly eat what the ads tell them to, and you never saw a thin sheep, did you?

I suspect you got your point across to the idiot teacher. Just the fact that someone is noticing what he's doing may be enough to make him more careful in the future. Good for you for speaking up, but I would be careful about accusing him officially.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
05-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Yes. if that were my kid, I'd want you to go to the administrator and say, "This is probably nothing but it looked bad and I wanted to make you aware of it .."

In Florida, you can go to the Department of Law Enforcement's web site and see and the registered sex offender and predators. Our county has a low number because we are small. We may have 30,000 people here. We only have 77 registered sex people. A few of them, a few of young ones, are guys who had girlfriends who were under age while they were above age. Most were men (and women) who took advantage of a child in their care. A relative usually. I wouldn't want to ruin this guy's life but SURELY he could see the inappropriateness of as-good-as-encouraging a kid to touch his crotch.

I am bacon. Isn't bacon the fat from the belly of the hog? If I run my hand down the front of my body, beginning under where the bra would be if I had one on, there is a cliff. That's where the bacon starts. It runs all the way down past the hip bones.

I am going to go out of the house and walk. Unfortunately, I can't walk here. I have to drive somewhere to walk. Don't some of you have tredmills? How's that going?

Kiwonk
05-22-2004, 03:05 PM
why can't you walk in your neighborhood?

Cowpernia
05-22-2004, 03:31 PM
1. Highway
2. Dogs
3. No sidewalks
4. Rednecks

Cowpernia
05-22-2004, 03:34 PM
when I was walking around Duck Hudda Lake (2.25 miles) I saw a turtle crossing the road. He was going away from the water so I carried him back to the lake. He hissed and peed on me. I got my satisfaction by tossing him in.

SugP
05-22-2004, 05:31 PM
I am bacon. Isn't bacon the fat from the belly of the hog? If I run my hand down the front of my body, beginning under where the bra would be if I had one on, there is a cliff. That's where the bacon starts. It runs all the way down past the hip bones.

We're twins!! I knew it! 'Cept MY bacon starts at my belly button and goes right down to the unmentionables. Other parts of my body are relatively bacon-free. This is very annoying. First we're chunky, and now this.

That teacher is freaking me out. Are you going to be able to keep an eye on him, Lush? Or get someone else to do it?

Last time I was at McDonald's I noticed I could get a burger and fries AND a drink all for less than one of their fancy salads cost, so guess what I got. It's their fault I'm fat, isn't it?

Kiwonk
05-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Why did the turtle cross the road?

Kiwonk
05-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Of course it is their fault. If they wanted you to be thin, they would feed you healthy food for a low price. I can't wait to see the documentary about the guy who practically killed himself eating McD's.

Cowpernia
05-22-2004, 06:34 PM
I have waited a long long time to be able to correct Kiwi.

The food is healthful not healthy. Because you eat it, you are healthy.

Ever since little Lush built a sand castle in the playground and Kiwi came along and built a BIGGER BETTER ONE making little Lush cry, I've been waiting to get even. It has taken FOREVER!!!

i don't understand your and Sugar's thingies. You have a picture, for example, of an M&M walking and a number after it. The number may be more than 7 thus throwing out the theory that it's the number of times this week you've walked.

'Splain.

Kiwonk
05-23-2004, 12:43 PM
The food is healthful not healthy.
Not at McDonald's it isn't :s:

Hmph, I don't remember that incident with Lushie. All I remember is you making me wear that lacy pink sunbonnet and then pointing and laughing.

The numbers of :dancer: and so on represent cumulative weeks and stuff. We just like to see a lot of activity going on in our sigs.

:wave:Kiwi, Corrected

SugP
05-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Nothing to report. I hate Sunday evenings. The start of another crappy week just like all the other crappy weeks EXCEPT this Tuesday is my birthday. Got that? How did I get to be so old all of a sudden?

After the Mother's Day fiasco (yes, Wabby, I took the high road and went all out for Father's Day. Can you say guilt trip?) dh is apparently planning a birthday extravaganza. The kids are in charge of dessert. Pretty scary.

Cowpernia
05-23-2004, 06:01 PM
sugar do you have a treadmill? or tredmill? do you use it? like it? recommend one? etc. so forth.

how can you hate Sunday evenings? what happens? I find them inoffensive.

Kiwonk
05-23-2004, 06:14 PM
I like Sunday evenings -- especially after having gone to an early family dinner -- I can't possibly be expected to cook a full meal. Leftovers or breakfasty stuff is the rule. Plus I know in the morning everyone else is going to back to their job/school. yay. And "Alias" is on.

We just got back a little while ago from my MIL's birthday dinner. We made her a card with a nice photo on the front. Other people gave her presents. I don't feel guilty -- I wonder if DH does?

Kiwi

SugP
05-24-2004, 02:18 AM
I've never liked Sunday night. Don't know why. Makes me think of all the stuff I wanted to do on the weekend that I didn't do, I guess. But it IS nice when everyone goes off to school/work, you're right about that.

We have an "elliptical strider". It's not a treadmill. It's kind of a combination of a treadmill, exercise bike and stepper. It's sort of like riding a bike standing up and you can hold on to the handles and move your arms at the same time. Bagzie says it's like slogging through mud but I like it because I can feel my muscles working. I do use it - look on my exercise thingie - the M&M on the treadmill is me using it. I got up to 45 mins on Saturday without dying so if I can do it, so can YOU. You can watch TV while you're doing it, but reading is hard. I think you can read on a treadmill.

Wabby has a treadmill and so does Cherry. Better ask them about that because I don't have a clue.

Have to volunteer at school today, take the kids to the dentist and make pork chops for dinner. I lead such a full life.

Cowpernia
05-24-2004, 08:38 AM
WELCOME HOME BAGZIE PIE

Wabby
05-24-2004, 01:12 PM
I have a treadmill, Peaches. DD uses it quite often. I use it in short bursts. Like several days at a time, then nothing for a month or so. I have a hard time walking outside where I live too. I have the problem with dogs, cars, no sidewalks, and rednecks too. Sometimes you take your life in your hands just to cross the street to the mailbox.

Welcome Cookie! Good to hear from you again.

Sunday evenings always make me sad. I never accomplish all I wanted to over the weekend. The house is never sparkling clean. The laundry is never all washed & put away. The only good thing is watching the Sopranos and it's almost over for the season.

I need my kids and my kid's friend to move out. I'm tired. I can't do this anymore. They are 21 and 24. They have jobs. They could all get a house together. Did I mention that I'm tired. Maybe Grandpa Jim could move in with them.

Kiwonk
05-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Isn't it funny that we all think of those smilies as M&Ms, not smilie faces?!

45 minutes on that torture apparatus is amazing, Sugar! I'm very impressed. You're becoming a hardbody! :workout:

Gee, I thought I was the only one who had a crappy place to walk. I don't have the dog/redneck problem--nobody lives within walking distance, although people do seem to enjoy throwing out their trash all over which is pretty redneck--but I also live on a highway with no sidewalks. It was so thrilling after last summer because they remade the road right in front of our house and put a bit of paved shoulder in that wasn't a hazardous crumbly mess. Most places it's still too narrow to feel comfortable when the log trucks come whooshing by, but some areas it's downright enjoyable.

When we first moved here, I used to walk regularly in a lovely area across the dam. You used to be able to walk across the top of the dam and over to a system of cross-country ski trails (we could even ski across it in the winter, believe it or not). It was so nice--a lot of it is through the woods, but the trails are wide enough for easy walking, and it goes by a lovely pond, a part of the river where there are beaver dams, and parts of the lake too. Then the damn paper company put up a fence on either side of the dam and padlocked it. At the time, DH was in charge of the crews that worked on the hydro power plant, so he had a key, but he wouldn't let me use it:mad:. I used to take DD in a baby carrier (front pack) for walks over there almost every day in the summer, and I think for either 1 or 2 summers after that until they locked it up. Now I would have to walk a long way to get to these trails and back, so it's too far. On this side of the dam, there aren't any trail systems so walking through the woods is difficult, and the other alternative is walking the railroad track :no:

Wabbit, I think you need to put up a household job schedule. Stop being mom and start being house mother. 3 young adults should contribute enough to keeping up with the house so that it's at least not a burden on you to have them there. Granted it will take a while to train them, but it could be worth it. Ever live in communal housing? I lived in a coed frat in college; for most of the time I was an officer in the house and I could assign jobs. We had a "job wheel" where everybody had to do one thing a week like vacuuming, mopping floors, cleaning a bathroom or the kitchen, raking leaves etc. It was a pain to make some of them do it, but it was fun being in control of the operation :s:

Kiwi

Wabby
05-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Kiwi, I know that they should help out, and they all say that I should just ask.... but I ask and ask and they always agree amiably, then do nothing. Until I blow my stack then they say "geez, all you need to do is ask!I think the real problem is that they are too old to be living at home.

Sugar is amazing. Those eliptical thingies are much harder than treadmills. I wouldn't last 10 minutes.

Welcome home Bagzie. How was the trip??

The turtle crossed the road to get to the other side.

Kiwonk
05-24-2004, 06:58 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the turtle. We have turtles crossing the roads up here a lot too. I'm sure they would express their displeasure if I tried to reroute them.

Until I blow my stack then they say "geez, all you need to do is ask!Don't you hate that? That's why you have to assign them stuff and put it on a chart. Then they can't claim you didn't ask.

kiwi

Wabby
05-24-2004, 07:25 PM
OK, Kiwi. I'll try your plan. My plan isn't working. I'll give it a week and let you know how it goes. Actually it will take me a week to make the chart.

I went to lunch w/ my big sis. She's really not big, but you know. She just had her 2 year AA anniversary. She's doing so wonderfully, you wouldn't even know she's the same person as she was before.

Kiwonk
05-24-2004, 11:23 PM
That's really excellent about your sister. Nice to hear when people can really make changes that matter.

Where the heck was that speech of Dubya's tonight, anyway? I see in the news briefs that it took place, but it wasn't on any station I could get. Not that I tried that hard... after all, Still Standing was on. :cb:

Cowpernia
05-25-2004, 07:29 AM
I didn't see it either but part of the time I was watching Adaptation with Nicholas Cage. Fascinating movie. I was reminded (by seeing Cage) that most male Hollywood stars aren't all that virile. I just wish he hadn't married someone Michael Jackson also marrried. yuck.

Cherry Cow
05-25-2004, 09:50 AM
I like Nicolas Cage. He has nice eyes.

Hi!

We watched the Bush speech on CNN. He didn't say much.

Wabby- yahoo to your sister! I'm glad she's doing well.

Kiwi-- we have a nice place to walk, but for some reason, as soon as people start running, others lose their minds. Especially we girls of the heavier persuasion. So I have my wonderful treadmill, although I use my DVDs more often. (Did I tell you I also acquired a free ergometer from a guy at work! It's nice to have.) I do recommend having your own treadmill. Mine is a NordicTrak and it has held up really well. However, don't buy a cheap treadmill. I had to sperr-muehl a terrible treadmill I bought for $120. What a waste!

Welcome back Bagzie! Welcome back Cookie! Where's Frappucino? Hi Sugar P! Hi Lushie!

I joined WW last night. I bought 12 weeks of meetings (no registration fee) and the cute little packet o' books and stuff. So far today, I've had 5 points. I'm hungry and the nuts and pretzels are calling me!

Wabby
05-25-2004, 02:09 PM
Hiya Cherry! What is an ergometer? Atta girl on joining WW. It always works for me as long as I actually follow the program. The trick to getting through the first week is to make a pot of vegetable soup (0 points) and eat it anytime you get hungry.

Welcome home Bagzie, dear.

From what I understand the networks didn't bother carrying the Bush speech broadcast. They probably figured no one would watch. What does that say about the American ppl? No one would miss American Idol, though. :nono:

SugP
05-25-2004, 05:12 PM
:D :D It's my birthday.Where's my party?? :D :D

Too stuffed with cake to post. Good thing I exercised this morning 'cause I sure ain't doing it now. :dizzy:

Cherry Cow
05-25-2004, 06:38 PM
Happy Birthday Sugar P!!! Enjoy your cake!!!

Wabby, a cycle ergometer is just a manual stationary bike. Not very fancy, but I like it.

I've already gone over my points for the day and I still have to count dinner! Yay for Flexpoints! I have to look up that veggie soup recipe.

Cowpernia
05-25-2004, 06:43 PM
HAPPPY BIRTHDAY SUGAR PIE SWEETIE :hb:

Bagzz
05-25-2004, 11:15 PM
awww honey honey !!! you are my CANDY GIRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! so happy birthday darlin!!!! and hope you had a little attention from your sweetie!!! {of the diamond,pearl and chocolate variety} HAVE A GREAT DAY OR NIGHT OR WHATEVER PLEASES YOUR CUTE LITTLE SELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :smug: :smug: :smug: XOXOXOXOXOX

SugP
05-26-2004, 09:18 AM
Thanks, darlings. Dh made breakfast AND dinner yesterday. World record. Got treated like a queen (for a change ;) ). No diamonds, just some nice books.

Kiwonk
05-26-2004, 04:28 PM
I missed your birthday, SugarPlum!!!!!! I'm so sorry!

:hb:Happy Belated Birthday to you!! :hb:

Yesterday was Thursday for me this week--had to get DD to her lessons, then we sped back to attend a school faculty/alumni concert, which was fantastic, then had a performing arts boosters meeting, at which I was elected Secretary. Whoopee for me. It was the last meeting of the year, so I don't really have to do anything until fall. By then I will have forgotten all about it and won't be able to find the Official Notebook. :chin:

Kiwi

Wabby
05-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Happy belated birthday, you sweet little Sugar Plum! How did I manage to miss it? Hope it was all you wished for. :hat:

Kiwonk
05-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Hey, I'm home today. Where is everybody? I thought Thursday was the day Peaches begged for people to blab at her. Apparently not. :wave:

Oh, that reminds me -- did you ever get that post of Bagz' removed? Last time I looked, it was still there, and she can't do it--it won't let her.

Kiwi

Lohani
05-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Happy, Happy Birthday, Sugar P. We had another computer crash. It took a couple of days to get it going....So I missed your day. I'm glad your men made an appropriate fuss over you. Books are better than diamonds. What books were they?

Please note that today is Thursday and someone should post.

bye

Kiwonk
05-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Well, that's what I thought. :dizzy:

SugP
05-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Why do I always sabotage myself 6 weeks before we go on holiday? I CANNOT stop eating. What's up with that? It's just hideous.

Thanks again for birthday wishes. The books I got are "Pompeii", "Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress" and some book with short stories featuring woman detectives, all in German. Dh has interesting taste in books, doesn't he? :D

Must go to bed now so I don't eat everything in the house. :(

Kiwonk
05-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Those sound interesting. Is it a pain to read in German, or pretty natural?

I hate to say it, but I am doing the same thing these days: eating everything in sight. Plus not exercising. Sometimes I get so I can't even think of anything healthy to eat. Tunnelvision for whatever's fattiest. Oy.

Went to high school chorus and band concert tonight. Very nice. DD, in addition to playing clarinet in band and singing in chorus, played electric guitar for one of the songs, a number from Hairspray. They also gave out awards. DD got her School Letter in Performing Arts. I think you have to have participated in at least 4 extra-curricular activities to get it.

Tomorrow I have get up at 5am and take DD to school so she can go on her French Club trip to Quebec City. 3 days, should be tres bien. They are staying at the Frontenac. Oolala

Kiwi

Lohani
05-28-2004, 07:52 AM
Sometimes I get so I can't even think of anything healthy to eat.

My problem exactly. Last night the healthiest thing I could manage was to have my cheesesteak on potato chips rather than eating the roll.

I never exercise....despite having the pilates tapes ready for me...maybe for the summer. I need a powerhouse.

Now I have to go to work. I must shower first...dd has to have her pre-employment drug test this am...she has a job at the grocery store...she's a cashier. She has to have a drug test to be a cashier but I don't have to have one to be a teacher...isn't that a riot?????????? I did have to have a VD test, so I guess they're looking out for the kids somehow.

I must go....bye

Cowpernia
05-28-2004, 08:54 AM
DS is out of school and has no laptop no more. Therefore, he took over the puter yesterday. But he also walked with me. He wanted to go diving. The preacher who believes I'm not saved invited him when we went to the church and followed up last week. But because of asthma he has to get doctor approval.

Speaking of that, DS is getting a county job. They have indoor and outdoor jobs and he deliberately didn't check a preference. I would have. One is air conditioned. One is 100 degree heat. But I'm trying to let him do his own thinking. I just go an email from this woman who is sort of like a grandmother to him telling me she doesn't know if he could handle an outdoor job. Now I feel terrible. I can go talk to them today but it may be too late. I just feel terrible period. Depressed. Hopeless.

Here's what we had for dinner: pork tenderloin left over; boneless pork chop grilled by DS, peppers and onions left over; squash steamed and fried in olive oil; carrots boiled and buttered and fake-sugared; salad of Romanine, blue cheese crumbles and mushrooms with seasoned rice vinegar. All yummy.

Cherry Cow
05-28-2004, 09:24 AM
Peaches, it sounds like DS made his own decision. I would have checked the air-conditioning option as well, but it seems he's old enough to decide something like this for himself. Is his asthma the problem?

I have not magically lost weight despite being on weight watchers for THREE WHOLE DAYS! In fact, I feel fatter.

Sugar P, sounds like a good mix of books. That Balzac book is on my list. The most recent books I read were Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk, Lolita, and The Secret Garden by Donna Tartt. All three were excellent, though deeply disturbing. I haven't decided what to read next. Maybe Kristin Lavransdattir for a change of pace. I've been a reading maniac lately since I probably won't have time to read when classes start June 7.

I have not exercised but about seven times this month. I am so unmotivated. Just don't want to exercise. My back hurts today... it hurts if I go more than two weeks without doing weights. My new Cathe tapes are due in Tuesday (but of course, I hope I get them Saturday!) This'll be my last batch for a long time since I'm using my workout tape budget and then some to pay for WW. It better work!!!

Kiwonk
05-28-2004, 04:01 PM
What a relief that they have the teachers tested for VD... :?: Surely that puts all the parents' minds at ease.

I have to say "cheesesteak on potato chips" has such a ... hmm ... Pennsylvania Dutch feel to it... Don't they deep-fry their pies too?

We sent DD off on her trip to Quebec and I went back to bed. I couldn't get up until 1:30. How's that for a wasted day?

I'm sure DS will manage on the job this summer, Peachie. Hard not to worry about it, I know, especially when you factor in the asthma thing. He pretty much can deal with an asthma attack himself if it happens, can't he? Or not?

MUST DO SOMETHING MUST DO SOMETHING MUST DO SOMETHING GOODBYE

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-28-2004, 05:33 PM
[COLOR=YellowGreen]okay---so i have a giant headache and will have to do without a Margie tonight----i can't decide if i am depressed because we have had NO SUN for weeks,or if i am just depressed because i am depressed. I know how you feel about Ds,Peachie----i am always trying to micro-manage my girl's jobs-------------i get too involved and then feel responsible when it doesn't work out!!!! maybe if he does get outdoor work he can "transfer" if it's too crappy??!!anyway----sounds like everyone is keeping busy at your house Kiwonkers------you should post a pic of Chateaux Frontenac----the girls will be jealous----it is an amazing hotel-----Old Quebec is one of my most favourite places----it's just like being in Europe---simply gorgeous!!!!!!---------------she will have a wonderful time i am sure------has anyone read "the way the crow flies"{ann marie macdonald---- or We Need to Talk About Kevin: A Novel by Lionel Shriver??? i have them both and have not started either---------------------cherry????? :dz: :dz:

Kiwonk
05-28-2004, 06:37 PM
You don't think a :cheers: might help the :headache: ?

Oh by the way, loved your pics from Colo., just too lazy this week even to send out email. Man, that's serious laziness, huh? Last night I was IMing my sister and she had to go so I told I'd send her an email. I didn't. I am a slug.

This afternoon I went out to see what microwaves might be available for sale in town. Ours died last week. Probably would cost more to fix it than to replace it, which is sad. I actually like that microwave. Oh well, now I have to buy a new one. The place in town turns out to be too expensive -- I can get similar ones in "the city" for about $40+ less. Hate to drive there though: it now costs about $15 in gas to make that trip. Ridiculous.

Anyway, after I gave up on microwaves, I went to the satellite TV dealer. We stopped our big satellite dish programming because it was getting more expensive for fewer channels, and we've been watching snowy TV for several weeks. Our "local" channels are too far away to come in clearly. So we're thinking of going to DishTV. So I go in the store and who's there? DH. Great minds, eh? So we haven't decided yet. I want more than the basic channels, DH wants Tivo. It all adds up to too much.

Going to watch Big Fish and Fargo later. There's a contrast for you.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
05-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Well, it's Saturday night and I'm posting a reply to myself. Poor lonely dear, eh? Not really, I've had a totally relaxing day:bubbles:, sleeping late, dallying on the 'puter :comp:, drinking coffee :coffee: .

Then it occurred to me that my daughter will be gone for another day and a half! Oh, the possibilities! Yes, I will seize the opportunity! Indeed, I will strip her bed, wash all her bedding and air out her featherbed!

Yeah? What were you thinkin'? :devil:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
05-29-2004, 06:46 PM
why aren't u on AIM? I'm alone too. Dropped DS off at church for a youth party. Despite my pleadings, he wore a long sleeved drab tee shirt, long old beat up jeans, same old gray sneakers. When he's been alone at home this week, he has dressed SO CUTE

Kiwonk
05-29-2004, 08:41 PM
Cute?

Cowpernia
05-30-2004, 08:14 AM
A discussion of cute

By Peaches the Cow

DS's closet has a rod at the rod and one half way down. The closet is stuffed with shirts and a few pair of pants. All through the school year, he wore the same clothes: solid color (usually black or white) with a non-memorable graphic on it. He has many pairs of sneakers but always wears the same grey ones that are rundown and need replacing. When I mention getting new ones, he says "I have shoes I don't wear." This is so true. But they are white and not getting any less white and he doesn't seem to care for white.

When school was out and I went to work and left him home for two days (he can come with me whenever he chooses) I came home to find him wearing black jeans with a belt. Tucked into these non-frayed non-holed jeans was a bright tie-dyed shirt with the logo of the Love-in in Miami he attended.

The next day, I came home to find him in shorts (he never wears shorts) and a button-up shirt of a cream color with a little tan pattern on it. It was not tucked in.

To go to a party he wore the same gray shoes, jeans that aren't white everywhere because they've been worn so much, a raglan-sleeve shirt with red sleeves and blue body. The shirt is too short. When I picked him up he looked miserable ... until he got in the car. Then I found out he went swimming. They took the kids to the lake and provided swim suits for those who didn't know to bring them. He went canoeing by himself (a goal for years as Herbie has a canoe and lives on the bay and we wouldn't allow him to go off by himself) and that adorable girl who is probably the reason we go to this church was in attendance.

I went out yesterday morning to walk. It was so beautiful at 6 a.m. I walked five minutes south, heard dogs barking and turned around. Walked one block past my house and heard dogs. Went to my back yard and into the woods. Heard dogs. It's probably all the same dogs. I am so frustrated.

Are adolescent girls easier than boys?

Bagzz
05-30-2004, 08:50 AM
they whine alot more ,but they are easier because at least most of the time you KNOW what they are thinking!!!! and some of them even tell you on a regular basis----dd20 kept her cards pretty close to her chest as a teen,but is very open now----dd18 is a total open book-----------at the awards dinner for school the other night dd18's boyfriend's mom sat with us----she has three sons who are teens---she said to me " girls are so much more fun "-----she talks to my girl all the time to get the scoop on what's up!!!------she said it can be lonely raising boys for a woman { the husband is a great guy but his job has him travelling frequently} ANYway---that is my perspective on it peach,and as far as my ds goes ,he is only nine so i don't think i can tell yet---so far he is fairly talkative but that could change so easily--------------life can be so annoying----get ds a girlfriend and then SHE can fill you in!!!!! ;) I have to play guitar at two masses this weekend and i have to play at a wedding next weekend---i hate having things i HAVE to do---how's that for whining!!!!

Cowpernia
05-30-2004, 09:33 AM
I think you whine beautifully. You're right about girls telling stuff Ds won't but even boys do! When I'm around any of his friends I find out stuff.

I barely know who Cameron Diaz is but I have June 1 Woman's World and found this interesting:

Page 19 .. She was paid $32 million for Charlie's Angels. Drew Barrymore (way cute) got $23 million and Lucy Liu a teensy $5 million.

Page 9 .. You can get a "back-from-the-beach" look like Diaz by highlighting your collarbones with a bronze colored boush. She loves "Paper Doll Body Blush in Ginger."

Page 4 .. Cameron Diaz is shaped like an apple (LOL LOL LOLLLLL) with thin legs and a thicker middle. It tells what style bathing suit to wear with you share this problem with her. She's 5'9". Tall apple.

Kiwonk
05-30-2004, 03:24 PM
Not all girls are an open book, by any means. DD is more like Bagz' DD1 -- sometimes she talks, sometimes she doesn't. If you ask her questions, she clams up. I learn lots more from her friends than I do from her. Too bad they're all getting their licenses--I'm not going to be driving them as much!

Re: DS's cute clothes :chin: My conclusion is that there are hot chicks in the neighborhood he's trying to impress. When he goes to places where he knows people, he doesn't want to look cute, he wants to look his normal self. If he showed up with different clothes he would get no end of sh*t.

Girls aren't all that much different anyway -- they just have more clothes. DD wears about 5 different pairs of pants--a couple of them are jeans, a couple of them are those huge baggy things that look like skirts from a distance (fortunately they fit her at the waist) and a new pair of light pink pants with numerous fabric ties flowing off them. Then there are the requisite logo tees, the older the better (many are mine from when I was skinny), tank tops with shirts over them, t-shirts with shirts under them. And a hooded sweatshirt. Doesn't sound very normal, does it? She's not exactly a crowd follower. And the only shoes she will wear are Vans--suede sneakers. She has 3 pairs--new, old and good-god-you're-not-wearing-those!?

She loves to take something ancient of mine and make it her own. I think this is great, but there is one drawback -- she wears them to death. I have a very cool shirt that I swiped from my brother back in high school. It was strange for a boy's shirt -- sort of a "mod" thing. Long sleeved, button-down with a black background with small neon colored flowers all over it. It was very cool at the time. DD has been wearing it and has totally worn through the sleeves :mad:

Peaches, the dogs are not trying to kill you! They are barking because they hear someone coming. That is their job. Now I suppose it is possible that they are all loose, but if that's the case, you would see them roaming all over the place. If they are not loose and just barking, they can't hurt you! If you walk past their house, it gives their lungs some exercise. Would you deprive them of this? Have some compassion--dogs need exercise too! ;) (Although I would draw the line at letting them chase you for exercise...)

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-30-2004, 05:43 PM
if you let them chase you for excercise,i will pay you five bucks----especially if you let someone videotape it.

Kiwonk
05-30-2004, 06:44 PM
LOL

Kiwonk
05-31-2004, 02:35 PM
Happy Memorial Day

Bagzz
05-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Ohhhhhhhh----you Have A Long Weekend---how Lovely ---did You All Open Your Pools For The Season???

Cowpernia
05-31-2004, 04:09 PM
No, I worked today. Kiwi did whatever it is she normally does and Wabby had the day off. But I worked. In the sun. Taking pictures of a Memorial Day ceremony. Where is my pool?

Kiwonk
05-31-2004, 04:55 PM
Here's your pool:

SugP
05-31-2004, 05:59 PM
Who ARE those people?

Happy Memorial Day, U.S. Cows! We're doing the Whitsun long weekend. I hung around in my bathing suit :o all day yesterday because the weather was so hot. Only dh and kids were witnesses and they already know how fat I am, so no one laughed. House is a complete tip, laundry up t my ears

I have PMS something fierce. I wonder why it's worse some months than others? Must go bite someone's head off.

Wabby
06-01-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi cowsies. I'm back from the beach. I was in a hurry and forgot to tell you I was going. It was somewhat rainy and cloudy but that was ok because we had a cozy cabin with a warm fire and a couple of friends to hang out with. We also had videos and dominos and lots of food!!!!Before we left home we told DS not to have anyone over and we put a keyed lock on our bedroom door because we've decided we need privacy. or at least to have our room clean when we get home. DS had a party with a bunch of friends and DD found where we had hidden the key to our room and made herself at home watching tv, eating food on our bed and smoking. Do you see why I want them to move out????? :mad:

Boys and girls are equally hard to raise. In different ways.

Kiwonk
06-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Wabster, beaching it already! Cool!

I can't believe your kids are so totally lacking in respect for you two. That really sucks. Of course I'm pretty sure if you tell someone not to have a party, all they hear is "party", so that wasn't a big surprise, but breaking into your locked room and smoking in it would be a total deal breaker for me. I would be absolutely seeing red for days. Maybe weeks. eek.

I'm loving the image of Sugar spending the whole weekend in her bathing suit. :bravo: Was it like the one that lady has on? (Just kidding)

I went looking for a luscious looking pool picture for Peaches and when I found that photo, I just had to post it. It was called "Gramps' Pool". And it looks like something from when my Gramps had all the relatives to his pool. The women wore bathing suits like that, or the ones with skirts. The kids spent all of their time in the pool or running for a towel. My grandfather built his pool himself -- a good sized concrete inground one. It was so cool. Later he built a cabana with two changing rooms. He was the best.

Gotta go accomplish something. I can't believe it's June! Where did the year go?

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
06-01-2004, 07:44 PM
Goodness, Wabby! I think someone needs to get her own home to hang out and smoke and eat in bed!! Something about being around the parents...

I worked this weekend... Saturday and Monday. We did some Lewis and Clark stuff. We also watched some Lewis and Clark stuff (landing the keelboat here) this afternoon and I got burned to a crisp. I am miserable! I might have to work from home tomorrow if this burn gets any redder... except I wanted to weigh in during the lunch meeting tomorrow. Guess how much I lost! It's a number that when any other number is multiplied by it, it stays this number. Yep, you're right, ZERO!

And I'm so fried I can't exercise... gotta keep cool since I get a fever at the drop of a hat when I have a sunburn.

Hope y'all stayed cool this weekend and didn't foolishly get burned like me!

Lohani
06-02-2004, 12:04 AM
My parents traveled a lot. I felt that booking a trip was tacit approval for me to have a party. I was sure that no one meant ME when they locked a door. I hate to tell you this, but our darlings will probably do the same thing.All the people I work with have kids the ages of Wabby's kids and they all do the same thing. The economy is bad(thank you Bush) so everyone's post adolescent children have moved home...some with really, really expensive educations under their belts. I think the secret is to foster deep resentment while our kids are young so that they'll be busy with therapy and won't be speaking to us while they are in their peak party years.

I'm going to the Franklin Institute tomorrow. I've been there a few times before...like 1,999,999,999,999 times.

I suppose L&C are big stuff in your neck of the woods, Cherry. We want to go to parts west next summer. One cool package is a Lewis and Clark package that takes you on their route. Would I be in your neighborhood?

I"m going to bed..bye

Kiwonk
06-02-2004, 02:58 AM
Getting burned. Sounds like some sort of foreign concept to me. Oh we've had a little sun, even a few warm days, but nothing that would be likely to turn my skin anything but its good old Maine pasty white. Any day now I'll have to eat my words, I hope! I haven't done a thing with my lasagne garden yet this year. This would have been the weekend to plant. Oops. Didn't. Gotta put more layers on it first, but it's been too wet to do anything much outdoors.

Kiwi, the anti-green-thumb

Cowpernia
06-02-2004, 11:39 AM
I was listening to Click and Clack the other day. I don't know why but some woman wrote to tell them that while she and her dh were in Europe,leaving their teen boy and girl at home, they had an overnight party. But she didn't know because the boy polaroided EVERYTHING and took EVERYTHING to the basement. Then he restored it and burned the pictures. Only one cheap mirror got broken, she said.

It seems like something a lot of kids would do. You don't know what they'll do. A mom yesterday was telling me that she has told her 19-yo dd that her hatred for the bf is greater than the love for her dd. She said if you marry him you're dead to me. I think that is so wrong. Anyone who reads Dear Abby would know better.

Anyway, the girl is going wild, throwing away opportunities, not living up to mom's expectatations YET the mom has been told by other kids that her dd leaves parties if people are drinking or using dope.

Bye. Where is my tea?

Cowpernia
06-02-2004, 11:56 AM
p.s. Lushbutt, are you talking about that time you and your little friends stayed up all night watching informercials and eating oreos? I remember that one of you threw up in the kitchen.

Wabby
06-02-2004, 03:52 PM
I was hoping that by the time my children got to the age they are, that they would be so afraid of being kicked out into the world that they would behave. It seems that when they turned 18 they both started behaving, for fear that we would give them the boot, but now they don't believe our threats.

Kiwi, my vegetable garden consists of a cherry tomato plant in a pot.

I accidently picked the wrong color when I had my nails done. I hate it. If I try to repaint them I'll mess them up. Should I pay for a color change, or live with it for 2 weeks? My life is so complicated.

Cowpernia
06-02-2004, 04:04 PM
You can do 2 weeks. Is it THIS OR THIS OR OR THIS OR WHAT?

Cherry Cow
06-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Wabby, maybe the color will grow on you.

Peachy, that is so sad about that girl. I can't imagine telling my kids they're dead to me, although my ILs and one BIL aren't speaking because they don't get along with his GF. It's all so very sad.

Lushy, the L&C crew will be in town until Sunday... then they're off down (up?) the Missouri. I don't know how many groups there are, but this is the one that's reenacting the entire trip. The guy playing Meriweather Lewis will be on the trip for the entire time... TWO YEARS! Can you imagine being able to take two years to do something like that? After they leave, I suspect our area is done. We're going back out tomorrow, if this lobster red turns more salmon pink.

Kiwi, I wouldn't mind some clouds right about now. One nice thing about dreary weather is that I can actually go outside! But the sun makes everyone else happy, so I guess I can live with it.

Well, WW thinks I lost 3.8 pounds. Huh. Go figure. Maybe this points thing works after all. I didn't get to go to the meeting, though, because the girl I was riding with was late. Oh, well.

I'm getting back into exercise. I'm going to :dancer: after my nap.

Kiwonk
06-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Cowie does interesting nail colors. What a concept--getting your nails done. Last time I did that was when I was my sister's maid of honor. At her first wedding. I believe that was 13 years ago. What is wrong with me? I did get my hair cut a few weeks ago -- it had only been a year and a half since the last haircut. Apparently I couldn't survive anywhere outside the woods; I'm not properly civilized.

RANT to follow:

We have finally decided to get small dish satellite tv installed. DH is about to have a heart attack about the cost. I'm sure it's no more than most people pay for cable TV (we can't get cable -- cuz we live in the woods), but considering that he is earning only about 60% of what he was before the mill shut down, he is all freaked about spending money. At least on things I like. Trouble is, I have always been a real tightwad about money and there is no way we can spend any less money without giving up stuff we really want. He's actually spending more than ever because he took up guitar lessons. He's still smoking and buying mass quantities of wine (I can't drink it, nor would I want to at the rate he does). The only way he is economizing is by taking his lunch to work every day. But he doesn't acknowledge the fact that I've been making DD's lunch every single day for 11 years, or that I don't buy clothes for myself hardly at all, I don't have my nails done, my hair cut, I don't buy makeup, I no longer am subscribed to any magazines, I rarely buy books or CDs anymore, etc. etc. etc. And of course, no vet and boarding bills because no dog and he's not willing to talk about getting another one. Anyway, I'm pretty sick of hearing the moaning about money when I'm the one who's doing without, so I wouldn't listen to any griping about the cost of satellite tv and we're getting it. We'd better have it in by Sunday, because I need to see the Tony's and watch my friend accept his award.

End Rant.

Ah, that felt good.

I don't know what to say about the house-party thing. I never did that. I found other, sneakier ways to do bad stuff... I'm actually thinking my DD isn't likely to ever pull that one, but who knows? What I do know is that she is very motivated to be independent and maybe we'll never see her again once she goes off to college.

My weird cat has developed a new annoying habit. She sits on the desk about 2 feet from me and stares at me (that's an old habit) and if she thinks there's a chance I'll pay attention to her, she reaches out her paw like she's trying to tap me on the shoulder. I can't decide whether it is creepy or cute.

Kiwi

Wabby
06-02-2004, 07:39 PM
This is how I justify wasting money on my nails. -----
I don't smoke like DH.
I don't buy fishing tackle.
I don't have a boat.
I have to be bored to death by this job every day.
I'm vain.

The color I don't like is frosty beige. I usually get some kind of eye popping color in the summer, or burgundy in the winter, but I listened to Oprah, who said bright colors age you. Heaven knows I don't need any extra help w/ aging. She was wrong. This color just plays up the age spots on my hands.

Kiwi, you need satelite tv. Especially with the long winters you have. If you have the choice, go for Dishdirect. They have better programming than Dish Network.

Does anyone remember my kitty that lived on our roof? He was with us for about 3 years and then disappeared. We assumed he'd checked out on our busy road. Well guess what??? He appeared on our roof yesterday! He is very old and very skinny, but it's definitely Roof Kitty. We put some food up in the rain gutter and he scarfed it down. Same old Roof Kitty. Very anti social.

Cowpernia
06-02-2004, 08:07 PM
iS THIS THE color Wabby?

today DS set up his fall schedule. If all goes well, he'll take intro to 3 graphics/animation. yay. I guess

His job starts Monday. Don't know what it is yet.

Bye. I'm off tomorrow.

Kiwonk
06-02-2004, 08:26 PM
Wow, that's quite interesting. I thought most of those cats you see on roofs are decorative cast iron. :lol3: Strange that he only wants to be on the roof. I see a movie series: Roof Kitty, then Roof Kitty, the Return.

MMM I had such a good dinner. Kielbasa with onions and peppers, plus some pasta shells, and braised carrots and celery. :chef: I braised the c&c in water and chicken bouillon. Just a little grated cheese on the pasta, no butter. Almost no added fat (of course the kielbasa has plenty of its own :shrug: ) Now I'm going grocery shopping (while DD has dance class). The hope is I'll be well-enough fed not to buy out the store...

Kiwi

Kiwonk
06-02-2004, 08:29 PM
that sounds cool. DD wants to take multimedia studies, but can't next year because it is a technical course and the technical classes are held in a town 45 minutes away. They bus the kids there for half a day or something. oy. And of course she already has a full schedule of academic subjects. She thinks maybe her senior year, but even then I don't think she'll be able to fit it in.

Cowpernia
06-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Kiwi come here and walk with me. You can pet the dogs.

SugP
06-03-2004, 02:49 AM
I can see how that colour would get to you, Wabby, especially now when you need something bright and cheerful. Go shell out the big bucks and get the colour you like so you have something fun to look at when you're sitting in your boring office. And stop listening to Oprah. :D Great news about Roof Kitty! It's so nice when a pet turns up again.

Poor Cherry! Hope it doesn't hurt too much. Way to go on the WW pseudo pounds. If WW says they're real, they must be.

Peachy - ds is just such a genius. He's going to be famous some day - I know it. Has he asked out the cute girl in church yet?

Get that satellite thing Kiwi - YOU DESERVE IT! Men just don't realize how much money they throw away on a daily basis and then they start whining about how much WE spend. Sheesh!

Trying to imagine Lushbat as a party animal. Hmmm...

I'm in a depressingly PMS mood and don't feel like doing anything. House is still a pit from the long weekend and it's almost the weekend AGAIN. Where does the time go? I feel old. Must go do my nails. :smug:

Bagzz
06-03-2004, 01:58 PM
ALL ABOUT MANICURES

PAULA ABDUL PREPARES TO SUE!

Paula Abdul better not get a proposal anytime soon because she will have to show her hand to the potential fiance and it's none to pretty right now.
The American Idol judge shared with "Celebrity Justice" that she is ready to sue over a botched manicure. She is prepared to retain a personal injury attorney to sue Chinoiserie, an upscale nail salon in the LA suburb of Studio City, that she blames for the manicure that caused a severe nail infection.

The infection became so serious, she says, she almost lost her thumb. She was able to walk away with her thumb, but doctors were forced to surgically remove her entire thumbnail.

She says she cried out in pain when a manicurist poked her in the thumb. She says when she left the salon she sucked on her thumb and tasted blood. Paula also told "CJ" that the salon called a friend of hers four times that night to see how she was doing.

When the manager of Chinoiserie spoke with CJ, he suggested that Paula's injury did not occur at his salon.

"We called [Paula] initially out of concern," he says, because "we like her, not because we had anything to do with it." He added, "Her claims are inconsistent with the dates and times she was here."

An attorney representing Chinoiserie sent a letter to Paula's lawyer suggesting the 'Idol' judge got the manicure in question elsewhere. Paula will sue for the substantial medical bills, lost profits, and extreme, ongoing pain and suffering she says she endured because of the salon's negligence

Kiwonk
06-03-2004, 03:15 PM
yeeha, Paula Abdul crying and sucking her thumb :bb: -- I'd pay to see that video :lol:

Well, satellite is being installed tomorrow. :cb: Now I just have to clean up the house so they can get the cables in place. Oh the price we pay for entertainment. I'll be spending all my free time watching BBC and the Food channel.

I'll be over tomorrow to walk with you and protect you from the doggies, Peachie. Here's what I do when I go for a walk where there are dogs barking at me. I call out "Hi Doggy" :wave:. That puts them in their place right quick. :D

Sugar I see you're not getting in any exercise this week. Me neither. I seem to be totally stuck in a rut. At least I'll get a walk later today (my walkwalkwalkreadreadwalk day).

Cherry, way to go on those pounds! Progress in the right direction!

Kiwi

SugP
06-03-2004, 03:41 PM
She was able to walk away with her thumb... :D :D :D

Bagzie! You are just SO up on all the news! Poor, dear Paula. :devil:

Yay for the satellite thing, Kiwi! We're planning on getting some package when we get back from vacation that will apparently let us get 80 million English channels instead of just boring CNN International. I know I'll be glued to the cooking shows the whole time. And yes, you saw right, I'm slacking off this week. May squeeze in something tonight but I dunno.

Wabby
06-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Poor Paula! Do you think it's karma? I guess if you dis too many ppl about their singing ability it comes around. That will teach her to give ppl the thumbs down. Hee.

Cherry, trust the WW scales. They do not lie. If you keep it up they will be telling you that you've lost 20 pounds.

Yes, Peach, that is the color. The real problem with it is that garden dirt cannot be disguised with nails this color. I usually wear gloves, but sometimes if I'm walking along I'll see a weed that can't wait for gloves.

Kiwi, satellite tv is no excuse for not posting. Just want to make that perfectly clear. The reason the cat likes the roof is our dogs like to chase him. So far they haven't been able to follow him up on the roof.

Lohani
06-03-2004, 09:40 PM
I like an american manicure..but you're right, Wabby, it shows dirt. Isn't Paula the nice American Idol person???? Why do we hate her?????

Kiwi, my dh also thinks that economizing is me cutting down and him buying whatever-the-**** he wants. I don't think that the sat. dish will be ok in the long run. We have hundreds of channels but there's never anything on. However, the Daily Show is on and reruns of 3rd rock. That's worth 40bucks a month to me.

Cherry take the loss. Wouldn't they know best?????

I have to go hound people to do homework. bye

Kiwonk
06-03-2004, 09:56 PM
See, that's the other thing I need more of--The Daily Show. I haven't watched that in months. I've been forced to get my news from legitimate news sources.

Paula Abdul seems a bit overly nice to me sometimes, kind of fake, but then I haven't watched any American Idol past the first tryouts this season.

Oh, guess who signed up for "Katahdin Idol" -- a local fundraiser this summer. DD -- hard to believe, but true. Can't even picture her singing pop songs at all.

Kiwi

Bagzz
06-03-2004, 10:59 PM
dd will win Mt K Idol---my prediction!!----KIWONKERS!!! YOU CAN WATCH JON STEWART'S RANTS ON HIS WEBSITE!!! IT IS TOTALLY AWESOME----HE LIKES BUSH AS MUCH AS YOU GUYS!!!! I am in love with his sweet face!!!!!-----------lush we like paula but she is a candyass----------your tea will be there soon,peachbody-------CONGRATULATIONS CHERRY--------------wabby---don't let them pick at your nails----just let them polish them

Wabby
06-04-2004, 02:29 PM
I know you've all been laying awake nights worrying about this--- I had my nails repainted fire engine red and had my toes done to match. Very good dirt camo.

I have a nasty :headache: I'm trying to get rid of.

I think this will be the finish the pond weekend. I'm tired of the hole in the ground. Besides, the following Saturday is bunco at my house. I want my pond all finished and pretty. What should I cook for the girls? Considering Quiche Lorraine, spinach salad, & something lemony for dessert. :hun:

Bagzz
06-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Yummmmmmmmmmmm-something Lemony This Way Comes!!!! I Want Lemon Now---there Is A Lemon Yogurt Frozen Dessert With The Coolwhip Mixed In And The Graham Wafer Crust That Is *** Lowfat*** If Anyone Cares!!!! I Will Be At Bunco Next Week To Sit By The Pond,thank You Very Much!!!

Bagzz
06-04-2004, 05:01 PM
Frozen LEMON-Yogurt Pie {KINDA BORING,BUT LOW FAT FOR SURE}
Makes 8 servings

Ingredients
2 containers (8 ounces each) LEMON flavored yogurt
1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP® Whipped Topping, thawed
1 prepared graham cracker crumb crust (6 ounces)

STIR yogurt gently into whipped topping until well blended. Spoon into crust.

FREEZE 4 hours or overnight until firm. Let stand in refrigerator 15 minutes or until pie can be cut easily.

GARNISH with additional whipped topping . Store leftover pie in freezer.

Cherry Cow
06-05-2004, 12:57 AM
That sounds yummy!

Kiwonk
06-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Okay, is it really boring, or is it really yummy? :hungry: Sounds pretty good to me.

I have been offline for the past day or so because I had to spend yesterday morning swamping out the TV corner of the living room :stress: so that they could install the satellite system. Got installed late in the afternoon and then I got mesmerized by the thing for a long time...I finally went to bed when I found myself slouched on the couch flipping channels while the sky got light... :eek: Well, I think I have that out of my system. It really is very cool. We have it hooked up to 2 TVs, plus it has a DVR (Tivo thing). So I can go in the kitchen and watch something other than the scifi channel when DH is hooked on that crap (Actually I like science fiction, but the scifi channel is mostly an excuse for men to kill each other in silly costumes). Or I can just tell it to record stuff for me and watch it sometime when I feel couch-potato like.

I'm very excited about your pond, Wabbit! The bunco ladies are going to be so impressed! :goodluck:
Kiwi

Cowpernia
06-05-2004, 05:46 PM
hey kiwi. DS bought something online by using paypal. $15. It's been a month. They don't respond to email. Not ebay. Anything we should do?

Kiwonk
06-05-2004, 07:11 PM
what company?

Lohani
06-05-2004, 08:40 PM
The people she bought the item from. I think there is some recourse with paypal....did you check? I also think there is something you can do with ebay...but I'm not sure. I've never had that experience..in fact, you are the first I've known of personally. O....o....what about your credit card????? You can stop payment, can't you????

I am such a lump today. I am about to get moving as best I can at 7PM. I haven't done a thing all day..unless you count napping.

Kiwi, isn't it fun to have new channels????? I am so excited for you. When I met dh, I did not have a functioning TV...I could only get PBS and one local station. ANYWAY...he had cable(you can see why I married him). When I would go to his place, I would spend hours just flipping through all 23 of his stations. He had the push button cable box...remember those?????

It is now 40 min later and I still haven't done a thing...I have to go see my cleaning friends and get motivated..bye

Kiwonk
06-06-2004, 01:14 AM
He had the push button cable box...remember those?????

Oh yes, I never had one myself, so I was quite mystified by the whole process. But I remember being very impressed with people who could watch 23 different channels. I couldn't imagine what on earth they'd put on so many channels. In Charlotte, we had 5 or 6 over the air channels, I thought that was pretty durn good.

I don't even know how many channels we get on this thing. Supposedly 120, but there are also audio channels and payperview and oddball stuff in addition to those. You can't just flip through all the channels anymore and see what's on.

I'm not sure paypal has any guarantee type thing. I suppose they might. I think getting a phone number of the company that sold it and calling them is the best thing to do.

I'm using nice jewel colors tonight. I need them. We've been out. We had dinner at this place called the Boatman's Cafe or something, then we listened to the band, whose lead guitarist is DD's guitar teacher (she switched teachers in January because the lovely nurturing earth mama who was teaching her decided DD had advanced beyond her, so she hired an aging rocker to teach her more advanced guitar students). His band has been playing for 25 years. They were very good--all classic rock stuff. And anyway, I had some beer. And then some more. I can type fine but reading will require bold colors. Please type in nice bold jewel colors, not neon -ouch- . Thank you.

Kiwi

Lohani
06-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Kiwi, isn't it rewarding that our kids are so accomplished?

Why can't you flip through channels...that is the best part of having so many channels. The daily show isn't on today. Did you ever :lol: hear so many people say so many nice things about Ronald :devil: Reagan????? Aren't you glad that on a day like today, you can watch those ****s on Fox News?????????????????

I have come over to the advanced posting place just for you. I have respect for people who are hungover.

I can't hang...dd is a cantor and sings the mass every Sunday. That means that I get to sit there, too. DH feels justified in skipping out most weeks because it makes him so mad that they keep hitting us up for building money. This church is never full. In the logic that only they can promote with a straight face, they say that the solution to the church being empty is to tear it down and build a larger church. It turns out that the only reason that all those people aren't coming to church is that they don't like little, old charming churches. They prefer new, mulitmillion dollar churches the look like cocktail lounges. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the land the church is on is worth a fortune AND the former bishop's brother owns the construction company that does all the work.

Another consequence of the pervert priest scandal is that while everyone is looking at the perverts, the rest of them are robbing the place blind. I have 7 more years until ds12 is out of school. Then I won't see what they do anymore and I can go back to being a normal apathetic catholic.

Now I must go...I promised my cleaning group that I would do something before I leave.

Cowpernia
06-06-2004, 11:39 AM
1. Cantors are Jewish
2. You don't keep your promises to us.

I heard a BBC report on Regan's passing. They said he was well known as an actor, particularly for a movie in which he co-stared with a chimpanzee. They pronounced chimpanzee very nicely.

Where I work, we hear from Fox news quite a bit. We are very right-wing. I told someone at work that I wouldn't vote for Bush. She said in disbelief, "Peeeaches.. Kerry is for abortion."

3. I am not responsible for Kiwi's hangover color choices.
4. I am so bored.
5. The whole church/money thing is difficult. They truly expect a tithe. They truly tell you are a sinner if you don't tithe. I suspect this is why only people with money go to church.

Kiwonk
06-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Kiwi, isn't it rewarding that our kids are so accomplished? You betcha.

Why can't you flip through channels...that is the best part of having so many channels.
Oh, I didn't mean you couldn't flip through channels (actually I spent the wee hours of yesterday morning vacantly :tired: flipping through them all) -- just that there are so many of them, it's not very useful if you're actually looking for something to watch. The on-screen guides are great though--you can watch something and look for something else, perfect for men who are never satisfied with their first choice...

Did you ever :lol: hear so many people say so many nice things about Ronald :devil: Reagan?????
I never had much respect for the guy, but even so, I felt sad at his death. He had his good points. In spite of his light-weight background, he was able to put forth a presidential demeanor and earn some respect from other countries. I used to cringe at his movie references, especially the "evil empire" bit, but at least he wasn't a simpering born-again phony good ol' boy buffoon like we're stuck with now.

Your church situation makes me mad. If they were a town council, people would be up in arms for them wanting to throw away everyone's money like that. But since they drag around the religious guilt trip to use as a shield, they rarely get serious opposition. Someone should point out how many parish churches are being closed up and abandoned all over the place.

5. The whole church/money thing is difficult. They truly expect a tithe. They truly tell you are a sinner if you don't tithe. I suspect this is why only people with money go to church.
Also known as intrinsically corrupt.

Horribly, we just bought extra remote controls for our little TV empire. :rolleyes: DD thinks we are the height of laziness. Of course she is right. Good thing she doesn't take after either of us :lol:

Kiwi

and by the way, no hangover, thank you.

PainterChick
06-14-2004, 02:37 AM
**peeks in after reading entire thread, wonders what kind of cow she is and what would happen if cows and turtles crossed the road at the same time...**hmmm

Kiwonk
06-14-2004, 01:42 PM
**Scratches head in amazement at the thought of reading an entire thread through in one sitting, then grabs PainterChick by the hand and drags her over to new thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41654&page=4&pp=15#post603901) so she can be properly grilled re: relationship to PainterWoman**

Kiwi