Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 05-18-2004, 01:46 AM   #1  
Lap-Bander

Default Nasty lady at work...

...and what I learned about self-acceptance from her. It has some strong language in it, so I don't want to post it here, but I invite you all to read my entry in my weblog at http://www.xanga.com/scarletini

I didn't think I could learn anything from a drunkenmeanlady, but I did. I guess it takes all kinds in this world!
scarletini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Ggood for you on feeling good about yourself and your accomplishments!!!!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:28 AM   #3  

Listen kiddo, ignorance is still the #1 thing fat people have to deal with, but I have found that being agressive back in a nice way, sort of, is the best way to cut to the chase. I know you are in a precarious situaiton with customer's and all, but I would have had the bouncer or your manger bounce her behind right out of the place!

Truth be told, no matter what your size, you are beautiful and always will be. I applaud you for your hard work and keep your chin up!
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 10:45 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

how could ANYONE call someone as lovely as you a FF?????? <and we DON'T mean french fry!!!> oh wait. only someone who's drunk and stupid and who could be arrested for being drunk and disorderly. which might be a good idea if she shows up again...

darlin.. you're echoing my sentiments. about never being tiny, coming to terms with it, getting the paperwork together for the plastic surgery, etc etc etc. we gotta stick together, ya know...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 11:53 AM   #5  
For my HEALTH...

Alexis

Don't worry about that horrible lady (sorry lady is the wrong word)

You are LOVELY--anyone can see that from your photos.

Sometimes alcohol turns horrible people even more ugly.

Sorry you had to hear that kind of abuse.

--Pookie
POOKIE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 12:44 PM   #6  
Lap-Bander

I've seen her before, have annoyed her in the past, and will now respectfully decline to serve her shall I see her again. Sometimes I love my job!

gma, I am the manager, and we don't have bouncers (just a nice family restaurant), so it was up to me to drop kick her out the door. It doesn't happen often in our restaurant, thankfully.

My point is though, even though someone called me fat, it didn't hurt. Instead of hurting me, sending me back into the kitchen to cry, I found myself growing more confident every time she said the word fat, or each time I played it over in my head. It truly was an eye opening experience, realizing that I could love myself *right now*, just as I am, and not when I reach goal, or after plastic surgery, or after those jeans fit me just right. It was weird!

It's a shame that I had to be called names to come to that realization, but I guess all that matters is that I got there. Drunkenmeanlady may have thought she won, by hurting me, but I gained such insight about myself from just one little word directed at me, that maybe I need to thank her. And show her the psychiatrists' section of the phonebook.
scarletini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 04:35 PM   #7  
Searching

The ego of the drinker tends to be boud in their own insecurity, and therefore trying to tear someone else down in an effort to build them selves up is not uncommon. Personal misery is shown when you spend your time trying to make others miserable. Good for you for not taking it to heart and you are a lovely girl. Its hard to not sometimes call myself a FF for my nice roll of skin hanging around my midsection, but as they say one day at a time.

Your beautiful,
Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:50 PM   #8  

Alexis, I for one like colorful language!

I think that it is terrific that you could rise above drunkenmeanlady's nasty words. I am not sure that I could have. Isn't there a bumper sticker that says, "mean people suck"? I'd be happy to stick it on drunkenmeanlady's car for you. It would be my pleasure.

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote