Support Groups - Chit Chat # 48

View Full Version : Chit Chat # 48

Jane
05-18-2004, 12:17 AM
WELCOME to the Jaded Ladies! :wave:

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who talk about everything. Who also provide daily support in our everyday lives, as well as our walk towards a healthier lifestyle.

We would love for you to join us! :coffee:

Jana

Jane
05-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Hiya ladies,

It's getting late in my neck of the woods, but this is the first chance I've had this evening to check in.

Rita - try a little Miracle grow on your seeds. That stuff really helps in poor soil - I had to use it when we lived in town and my whole front yard was fill dirt.

RosieKate - I do WW at home, which is similar to on-line WW. Once you get your stuff, you're set. There are places you can go to know what the meeting topic was and you can get your encouragement here! Just a thought. Personally, I have never been as successful with weight loss before, except once when I was in my 20's and so in love I couldn't eat, lol. That's a whole other topic for a whole other thread, lol.

Sue - awww, how sweet of your DH to compliment you! Makes you feel so good, doesn't it? When Neal hugs me now, he comments how there is less of me to love now, lol. I love it!

Marti - That job would be a good one, I think! And you have a good personality to work with the pubic. Good luck!

Susan - I too have to start doing some kind of exercise. I just found out that I can get a membership to the gym at VU for $35.00 a year by being faculty's wife! How cool it that? Supposedly, they have real modern equipment and everything. I am going to check it out soon.

Angie - where are you? Don't make me come after you, lol.

Hi to Cristi, Kathy, KatieCat, Shanna and anyone else I may have forgotten.

Well, I'll be busy with 5 y/o Mackenzie Jo tomorrow while her parents are in Indianapolis, and I'm looking forward to that.

I got my hair cut again today, and it's pretty short once again, but not buzzed.

Toodles,
Jana

Jane
05-18-2004, 10:22 AM
OMG, they say it comes in 3's... my niece's husband was killed in a mining accident this morning. You know how I talk to my sister Maggie every Saturday morning? This is her is her daughter Jennifer's husband. He was 30ish. Something humongous fell on him and crushed him. I was at her house when she woke up the kids (10 y/o girl, 7 y/o boy) and told them. I will never forget the sounds they made.....

Please pray that Jennifer and the kids get through this somehow.

Jana

PS I'm starting to get paranoid about answering the phone......

Marti
05-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Oh Jana!!!!

So sorry to hear about all that is going on!!! My prayers are with your family!! I can't even begin to imagine the kids reaction, poor babies.....

I will be thinking of you all.......

Marti

Katiecat
05-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Oh Jana! How very, very sad. I am praying for your whole family right now, especially Jennifer and her two kids.

Don't be afraid to answer the phone. Everyone here has a specific time allotted here on earth, and no one knows how long that time is for each person, or why. I sure have a lot of questions for God, you know? Some people like my grandma live until they are so old that they are hurting all the time and have no joy left in life, and wish for years that God would take them away from this. Others seem so young and healthy and full of life, and can die suddenly in an accident. Those are the hardest, because the people who loved them are left behind and miss them so much, and were totally unprepared to lose them. I guess that's why they say to live every single day like it's your last one because you just never know...and never pass up the opportunity to tell someone you love them.

Anyway, hon, just know that your family is and will be in our thoughts and prayers...

Hugs,
Katie

RosieKate
05-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Oh Jana - I am so sorry for your family's losses. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this especially difficult time. Katiecat said well, as I have lost loved ones suddenly and due to lingering illnesses - it's hard for those left behind who are unprepared no matter how it happens. Just try to focus on your niece and those precious children - give each other lots of love right now.
Katy

FrouFrou
05-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Hi Ladies~

I was going to do individuals and try to catch up but with Jana's news it is kind of hard to concentrate-brings back sooo much. My kids were 10 (a month from being 11), 9 1/2, and 7 1/2 when their father was killed, also crushed to death, by an earthmover at the hands of another-so sad and I feel for your niece Jana, and the kids. My kids were so shocked when I told them, it didn't hit them at first, not till days later, almost a month. Actually, after everyone was gone was when it really hit all of us. Anyway...

(((((((HUGS))))))) to you and your family Jana. It is so very hard losing a loved one and my heart goes out to you all. Please know you all are in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

RAR
05-18-2004, 03:41 PM
HI! everyone hope you all are having a great day!!!!!!!! Jana thanks for the info on miracle grow I have used it in the past need to start again so sorry to hear about the death my prayers are with you and family at this time hang in there !!!!!!! Rita

Mom2Gaby
05-19-2004, 01:48 AM
What a terrible loss Jana. I am so sad for your niece and the children.

Feeling sad for you Crsiti- what a horrible thing to lose a spouse and have to carry on alone with little ones.

Many prayers for your family Jana-

Jane
05-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Thank you Cristi for sharing about your kids' father - that had to be hard, and thank you to everyone for all your comforting words.

I am much better today because the kids are better. They are very very sad, of course, and the little one is worried his momma will die, too, but still, they are better. I'm going to go get them after while and take them to Walmart to get some movies and stuff to help them take their minds off of it for a little while.

Meantime, I was going to mention it before all this happened, I have found a really big source of recipes at www.recipesource.com that I wanted to share with you ladies. These are not necessarily healthy, but could be adjusted. They have them broken down into catagories so be sure to scroll all the way down to Miscellaneous. There are even recipes for bizarre stuff, copycat recipes, and beauty, lol. I was interested in the diabetic ones since they are more points-friendly.

I will be leaving real early in the morning to go to the funeral that is in central Illinois, but will check in when I can. I always feel better after I've been here.

Jana

SqueakMouse
05-19-2004, 10:11 AM
Hello everybody,
I know it has been a while since I have posted, but I am been so busy and so tired with the the new job( just started on the night shift this week) that I haven't been on here very much. Plus, I really don't have much to say and I hate to keep repeating the same old boring depressing whining over and over again. Lately I am so depressed and sad that it is hard to keepup a good front, but I manage somehow because I am one of those people that buries.

Jana: My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. I know how tough tragedies can be. My grandma!ma! passed away almost three years ago ( she died 4 days after my birthday) and I still can't get over it. I don't think I ever will, she was so special to me and I can't let go. I do believe that I have a after life connection with her and she watches over me since I only smell her perfume when I think of her or need her. Anywho, I know how hard lossing someone is. Big hugs sent your way and your families way.
Marti: good vibes sent your way hon for school going well and for missing James. We need to get together sometime. Say, I think they might still be looking to fill positions at my job, PFCU, if you were interested. Of course you would not have ot work my shift. hee hee. Not many people on that shift, but I don't mind it. Anywho, were is that picture of those new kitties missy!!!!!!!!
Susan: you and Jana are my idols for weightloss. Send dome of those vibes my way so i can not be so fat and ugly down here. I need to make myself feel better somehow.
Hi to all the others I missed, my head is getting very heavy now, I have been up since 4:00 pm yesterday. Ugghhh, I have to wait two more hours before I can go to bed and wake up my sweetie. Help!!!!!
Chow for now.

RosieKate
05-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Good morning!
((((Jana)))) keep coming here for hugs from your cyber-pals. We're all thinking about you. Thanks for the perspective on WW. I spent some time poking around online at different programs yesterday. WW looks, good, but I'm hesitant to shell out the $$ right now. I'm still clinging to the idea that I can jumpstart myself, but if I can't, I'll probably do a 3 month online WW trial and see how it goes.

FYI - to anyone who might be interested. As I was poking around yesterday, I checked out the nutrisystem online program. 2 things to pass on: 1) looks like all the online stuff is free - they make their money on the prepackaged food. 2) One of the features is the Virtual Model, which I found both fascinating and horrifying. You put in all your body info and it produces a virtual image of YOU! The horrifying part is - surprise - I don't really like how I look in a bathing suit right now. The encouraging part is there is a comparison function. You can have a model of you at your highest weight next to models of you at your current and at your goal weight. I liked that part - helps me keep my eyes on the prize!

Shanna - Chin up, girl! changes in schedules can wreak havoc with your peace of mind. Hang in there and be good to yourself!

Marti - Did you apply for the job? Great that it is so close to your house. I hope you get it.

Susan - thanks for the pictures - you and your girls are gorgeous! What a sweet little family. Your Gaby has the prettiest blue eyes!

To everyone else - have a great day!
RK

FrouFrou
05-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Jana~my kids did the same, poor things, worried I was going to die among other things. Carrie was the one that asked me. I wouldn't lie to them and told them that "Yes I am going to die one day, we all will. I just don't know when. I hope it's not for a very long time." Bless her heart, she also asked me if I was going to get married again. Why a kid would think that so soon after I'll never know. I remember growing up and not being able to go to my grandma's funeral, and no one talked about her dying which was stupid becasuse we watched her slowly die. They always sugar coated things and I refused to do that. If the kids asked me questions I answered them truthfully. Anyway, it's good you are keeping the kids busy, they need that so their mom can have some alone time to sort through things. It's going to be hard but I know in my heart they will be fine. If Jennifer has a hard time talking to them about the death Jana, there are some good books out there. That is what helped me get through things. I didn't have anyone that could relate to what I was going through so I bought a bunch of books that were written by widows. The kids were also curious about dying so I got some that explained it in a way they could understand. Of course now they have all kinds of groups and such to help you deal with it. Well, they did back then to, I just felt odd sharing with strangers, and the first year anytime I mentioned him or someone else did I couldn't keep from crying. Hugs to you all, I will be thinking of you all.

Shanna~good to see you posting. I must say something about something you said about your grandma. You said "You still can't get over it." I had so many people tell me to get over it, how did you get over it, etc. I don't believe one ever truly 'gets over' it-you learn how to deal with the pain and the loss but you never 'get over' the loss of a loved one. That saying "Time heals all" is so true. I also believe to that our loved ones are always with us, in spirit and in our hearts. I had that connection you are talking about with the kids dad-one day I will share some stories with you all. Anyway, sorry but just had to say that.

RosieKate~I am going to check our the nutrisystem site. The virtual model sounds interesting.

Susan~it was hard raising three little ones, really hard sometimes. Of course sometimes I think they hated me because I became so very over protective. I was over protective to begin with but when that happened I was 100 times worse. But it also worked both ways-if I was late picking them up it scared them to death. But we made it and I guess I did an okay job.

Marti~hope you are doing fine with James being gone. He'll be back before ya know it. How is school going? Did you ace the test?

Hi to everyone else!

Well, today was grocery day-Wal-Mart Wednesday! :) Boy did I do some damage! :yikes: I knew I was out of a lot of things but geez. And it is HOT out there today. Supposed to get up to 90 but when you are moving around in the heat it sure seems hotter. Makes you wonder how I ever lived in the desert. Going to go tan later. Have been going for almost two weeks now and I don't look too tan. Of course with my old white self...LOL I don't want to get too dark-so afraid of getting skin cancer in those things. Anywho...hope everyone is having a good day. See ya later ladies :wave:

Marti
05-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Afternoon ladies--

Just got back from school...made a quick stop to see grandpa but he wasn't home so I stopped in at Walmart and bought some envelopes for my resumes.....not the same color but what are you going to do? (think that'll matter really?)

I didn't stop in at the hotel,,,,,I drove into the parking lot and then drove out...something made me not want to go in, so I went with that instinct and went home. (strange isn't it?) I got online and found two job openings that I'm interested in. So I'm mailing my resumes today. We'll see what happens. Its for a Toxology assistant and and Speciman assistant...or something like that! Not much required but some computer skills and a high school diploma. I think I can do that.

Ok...got the test back from Accounting....first she put the scores up and there were a few D's and F's up there and I was just sure that I was among one of the two...but I wasn't. I got a C.....and I was just sooooo excited with that. Considering I was so UNPREPARED for the test to begin with! I got an A in my Adv. Word test.....didn't study for that either! (what's wrong with me?) And a B in my math. I'm auditing my records management. I missed 2 classes and I am soooooooo far behind and I'm not able to catch up and it's just stressing me out. So, to concentrate on the classes that I am doing well in, I'm auditting!! Going to be a relief!!

Jana--Hope your family is alright. I know they won't be alright for some time, but I hope they know they have lots of people praying and thinking of them.

Shanna--I will have to get on it with the photo of the kitties....I've been swamped with homework! But I promise I will get them to ya! I went to Albany yesterday to see James. Actually he wanted me to see a car that he was thinking of buying.....he sounded so hesitant that I finally told him that if he doesn't feel comfortable now, to wait....he'll find another one in 6mos or so and our saving account should have more in it! (hopefully anyway)

RosieKate--I will have to check out that site also. Anything to help that would be free would be great! I actually had a very depressing morning yesterday......I woke up in tears!! So utterly disappointed in my willpower,....or lack of, to get myself into shape. My weight is going up rather than down!! Need to snap out of it!

Cristi--Sounds like it's almost TOO hot over there! 90's? Anything above 80 gets too warm for me.....I'm a wimp. I like 70 degree weather. Very comfortable.

Well ladies....I need to mail off my resume's.....gotta get my butt in gear. I think I'm slipping into a little depression.....I will have to talk about that later. I'm having a hard time dealing with everything and I just get all weepy. Probably good that James isn't home to see it all!

Take Care girls

Marti

FrouFrou
05-19-2004, 11:49 PM
Hi ladies, just checking for a few minutes to see what's up, if anything.

Jana~thinking a lot of you and your family. :grouphug: Thoughts and prayers with you all tomorrow. I did make reservations today, just to let ya know. I was going to wait to tell ya in an e-mail because I know there is so much going on with you and your family right now. But I am excited. I will email you in a few days. I will call next week some time once things around your house have calmed a little.

Marti~I didn't realize James was close enough that you could visit him. For some reason I thought he was a few hundred miles away. I can't keep things straight. :dizzy: I know what you mean about the job, it is strange but I have done the same thing, a few times! I have pulled in some place, turned the car off, sat there for a few minutes and then left. Not sure why. Guess like you, it didn't feel right. Glad you passed the test and did well in the other classes also. Keeping my fingers crossed :crossed: that you find the perfect job for ya.

Not much going on with me. Did some laundry this evening, read the paper, a magazine-wanted to do something different so surfing around on the net. I guess I am putting off my letter writing. Need to write a couple and send a few cards. So...I guess I have put it off long enough. Take care ladies. See ya tomorrow.

da fat n da furious
05-20-2004, 02:46 AM
Sorry ladies about not being around,,,computer was acting up. Had a virus..
Then I was put last on the list of being able to use it...*sigh

Work has been insane,,,1000 bottles of beer on the wall...we had beer strike in one province and they went back to work and its been like nuts!

Monte and I have been seriously house hunting,,,we dropped the price on ours...we want to move,,,they have zoned a LRT too close to our house.

Anyone hockey fans? Calgary Flames have won the second series so here we go again,,,I quit caring after Detroit was out. Once Stevie Y retires I may start to cheer for my own city team.

Jana, I am so sorry about your families loss,,,how harsh to lose two young people. My prayers go out to your whole family.

I admit Im a bit behind in reading everything,,,I know someone went and helped their mom organize...(willing to come up north and help me out?)

Id love to do a yard sale,,,but Monte just hates them...doesn't think we have much for one,,,Im like ya we do,,,a whole friggen basement!

WE are suppose to have snow again tomorrow,,,can you imagine?
anyone watching American Idol?

well off to bed I go,,,night all
Angie

Jane
05-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Good morning ladies,

Shanna - I'm sorry you're feeling so down... but please know that you are far from fat and ugly!! Try to think of something that would cheer you up, then do it, okay?

KatieKat - once I bought my WW stuff on eBay, I haven't had any other expense. I like that part, lol. Thanks for the heads up on the virtual site.

Cristi - the kids will be talking to counselors, which will help a lot. Neither of them are too shy, so I think they will say how they truly feel. I'm so glad you made your reservations!! July 13th will be here before we know it!

Marti - YAY :cp: for your good grades!!!I used to be the personnel director for a big company, and one thing that always stood out was a resume with a photo attached. Just a small wallet size, but enough to put a face to the resume. Somehow it made us feel like we knew the applicant better, or something. I'm glad your grandpa wasn't home... that means he had something to go do and occupy his time and mind.

Angie - what is an LRT?

Mary and I didn't go to the funeral in Illinois so that we could stay in town and keep Jennifer and Maggie and the kids company. They are going to go see Shrek 2 while Maggie and I are together. I will be so glad when Saturday is over... the viewing is tomorrow evening, and the funeral Sat. AM.

I have managed to stay OP with no problem at all, but need to drink more water.

You guys are such good friends, and it's hard to think what I would do without you.

Jana

FrouFrou
05-20-2004, 12:08 PM
Another hot, windy one here today. :sunny: The pollen in the air is not good and with the wind blowing the way it is :yikes: best stay inside. Actually haven't been hit too hard with allergies yet, knock on wood. My poor son, the goof ball, gets it bad sometimes and knowing he has allergies he still drives with the windows down. :crazy: Just hanging around the house today and getting some well needed cleaning done.

Jana~glad to hear the kids will get some counseling-it definitely will help. Will their mother go to? My heart goes out to them. Good for you for staying OP-I know how funerals get with the tons of food people bring. Hey, good idea about the picture on a resume. I took a business class and there was a good section about resumes and how to do a good one, never read anything about a picture-but it is a good idea. I think people get so much more from seeing a person than looking at a piece of paper. I will write in a few days, probably next week or so to discuss plans and such, what we want to do. And you are right, July 13 will be here before ya know it, can't wait.

Angie~was wondering what happened to ya girly, glad to see ya checking in and things are fine. I am with Jana, what is a LRT? So does this mean you guys got out of the contract for the house that was to be built? Well, I hope you guys find the perfect house for ya, and you sell yours. My son is a hockey fan, I catch it once in a while. I don't really care for watching in on tv, but love to go to the games. Don't watch AI-got burned out on it after the first one I think because I thought Tamara should have one instead of Kelly Clarkson, even though Kelly can sing and I like two of her songs. Started watching some of the second season but got bored fast. I think I just like to see the beginning when they are choosing the people and the bad singers, they are funny-and Simon of course. Looooove Simon. So are they going to have this every year now? Have you seen the spoof of AI?? It is hilarious, but sad. Sad because they are picking the worst singers and telling them they are good. I think they are basically making fun of AI. It's sad because I feel for these people thinking they can actually sing when they can't, but it is funny.

Hi to everyone else. :wave:

Best get going, need to run to the post office and then get back and clean this old dirty house! :) Take care all and have a good day, I'm outta here. :wave:

RosieKate
05-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Good morning all-
A quick hi from me today... My big news...Leigh used the potty twice yesterday! Lots of potty parties at my house yesterday. Went to Target and bought her some training pants and we are :crossed: We are off to the community center soon for her Tunes for Tots class. The teacher's a hoot. Her name is "Sparkle" and she wears colorful garlands and leis. She dances in her bare feet which have colorful tattoos and she wears a diamond stud in her nose. I get the biggest kick out of her - and my daughter thinks she is a beautiful fairy created just for her!

Doing better OP - I started planning my meals at the beginning of the day, as opposed to tracking on fitday after meals. Feeling much more in control with that approach.

Jana - thanks for the ebay tip about WW. I hadn't even considered going that route. If I go with WW, I think I'll do what you did and get the materials off ebay and just do it all at home, with support from the wonderful people here! I had so much of the educational component in my years with TOPS, I just don't feel I need much in that area. I need to work on applying what I have learned. If I can't get some structure self-imposed, I think WW could be a great way to get a jumpstart. Big hugs from me today - hang in there

To everyone else - have a great day. We are having some great weather here today in Portland, hope you all are as well.

RK

RosieKate
05-20-2004, 12:53 PM
Forgot to mention- I am following AI - and I am so psyched that Fantasia is final 2. I missed the results show last night and opted to watch the Bachelor finale - which was disgusting and I want those two hours of my life back, thank you very much. I'm sticking to AI....getting prudish in my old age I guess ;)

Marti
05-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Morning ladies--

Just got back from school. Not going to Records Management......need to concentrate on getting my accounting done today.

Jana--I feel the same about all you girls as you do. There are days that I need someone to cry to and get some advice or encouragement and you all have done such a great job with helping deal with things. I'm so glad to have found this place.

Cristi--Yes, James is close enough for me to drive to. Only an hour away. But with the gas prices, it would cost a fortune every week for him to come home every night. He has one more week in Albany, then he's off to Salem which is probably about 40min. drive from Albany. (yep,,,,farther away from me) But I could go see him too if I wanted to drive up there. After that he has conductor school and we're not sure yet where thats going to be held. Last class they had in Texas!

Angie--Glad to see you! I was worried that you had forgotten us. (I know you couldn't forget us!!) I can't believe you're expecting snow! Amazing how the different locations have such different weather forecast! It's suppose to be nice this weekend. Not sure what I'm going to do yet.

RosieKate--Hurray for the potty parties!! I remember when Jhanai was getting ready to potty train. Seems like yesterday!! She did really well by the time I got her in her new little Mermaid panties....

Hello to the rest of the girls!!!

My day will consist of Accounting homework and studying for the final. I want to pass this class with a good grade. And who knows what job I will end up with but if they ever need me to help with accounting, I want to at least know what the heck I'm doing!!

I better get myself going.....I will pop in later and check in!

Take Care
Marti

Jane
05-21-2004, 12:45 AM
I have had a long, tiring, stressful day, but wanted to say this before showering and bed:

HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY SHANNA!!!

:cp::balloons::gift::cp::gift::balloons::cp:

Please forgive me for not getting a card mailed to you, but know that I wish you a very happy day tomorrow!

Jana

Marti
05-21-2004, 12:52 AM
Hello everyone....

Just wanted to pop in quickly and see if any new post.......

Shanna....I really do hope you have a Happy Birthday tomorrow!!! BF better take you out to a really nice place and spoil you rotten!!!!

Night

Marti

da fat n da furious
05-21-2004, 02:14 AM
Happy Birthday Shanna!

:gift: :flow1: :hat: :flow2: :goodvibes :grouphug: :hyper: :queen: :wizard: :yes: :balloons: :bubbles: :encore: :sunny:

da fat n da furious
05-21-2004, 02:24 AM
Good evening all,
what a cold and gross day,,,,I tend to dress as the weathe,,,I wore all black today...warm tights and all.
Im going to go see Shrek on Sat with friends,,,and bringing Tanner even if he doesn't want to come,,,i need a cover to go...lol
well fell in love with a house tonight, hard wood floors every where...just beautiful...flowers gardens and all.
was all syched...
then a good friend called to say a friend of ours isn't doing well...she was diagnosed with cancer last month,,,in her spine,,,its moved to her liver. Shes now in the hospital as of this weekend,,,they were moving into their new home this week. I am just shocked...7 month old baby. So her husband called my friend to say he would like her to come home even if its for a day. To see their new home....how sad is that? Because they were mostly packed before she got sick,,,,all that needs doing is a little packing moving then unpacking and well decorating. We as in a few of us friends are getting together to go and do that. The heavy stuff is already there, so its just doing the kitchen and such,,,pictures on the walls. Plant some bedding plants around,,,planters...Then he will set it up so that he can bring her home.
so this has been a good day bad day....
well off to bed I go, night all
Angie

Marti
05-21-2004, 10:54 AM
Happy Birthday Shannoodle!!!!!!

:hb: :joker: :cb: :cp: :hat: :dance: :gift: :grouphug: :high: :balloons: :encore: :sunny:

Marti
05-21-2004, 11:00 AM
Angie----I am so sorry to hear about your friend! She has a 7mos. old and has cancer!! I would be shocked too! My thought are with you and your friend. I have been planning on going to the American Cancer Society this month when James has time off, I want to make a donation, so many people have or had cancer......I will be thinking of all of them when I make the donation!!

Ladies---I will post later on after school! Have a great Friday!

Marti

FrouFrou
05-21-2004, 11:02 AM
Just a quickie right now as I wanted to get in early and wish Miss ShannaBanana a very Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Shaaaaaaaaanna,
Happy Birthday to you!
And many more...

Hope your day is as special as you are. :)

:hb: :cb: :gift: :hat: :balloons: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNA!!! :balloons: :hat: :gift: :cb: :hb:

I'll be back a little later ladies to do individuals. :wave:

Katiecat
05-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Omigosh, I never thought this week would end. :faint: After going through my mom's house like a tornado last Wednesday-Saturday (yoohoo, Angie, that was me :wave: you should have said something while I was all the way up in Montana -- maybe I could have called in to work for another week and told them I had to go to Canada, too! :lol: ) , then flying home early Sunday morning and back to work on Monday, I feel like I've been working for two weeks straight without a break. :tired: And my boss is gone for two weeks and our team senior is filling in for her, so I got to play senior all week, basically doing a different job, interesting but quite challenging. I am so looking forward to this weekend! And Tim and I have plans to go up to Lake Tahoe next weekend for Memorial, that should be lots of fun. We are thinking about taking a sailboat cruise on the lake -- we have a bunch of buy one get one free deals for Tahoe for things like that, dinners, etc.

Angie, yes, I am a hockey fan! My husband's from Detroit, how could I not be? ;) But the Redwings and the Sharks both broke our hearts this year. The Flames are a good team (even though they made me mad when they eliminated my beloved San Jose), and I wonder if they will be up against Phillie or Tampa Bay -- the Flyers won in OT last night. Exciting playoffs! You don't need any "cover" to go see Shrek -- it's getting great reviews, and the first movie was hilarious :) I think it's great that you and your friends are going to help set up that woman's new home. It will mean a lot to her and her husband.

Marti, hang in there. It's hard to have your new hubby away, but I promise, this too shall pass. Tim finally got a daytime shift with weekends off after 4 years of marriage, and now he is starting back to school. Monday-Thursday nights after work this summer for Algebra 2. *sigh* Oh well, at least he will be out of class by 9:00 or so, and still have Friday nights and the weekends with me. But he has to keep plugging along, taking classes whenever he can fit them in, if he is serious about getting into med school. Then I'll NEVER see him! Speaking of school, congrats on your grades -- keep up the good work :D :bravo:

Rosie, I remember potty parties, but it's been a while -- my "baby" is 13! :lol: And I trained 3 boys. Superman Underoos were a good incentive, and picture books to get them to sit still for a little while. And of course, with boys, you have to teach them skills like how to aim. I remember tossing a single Cheerio into the toilet ('cause they float) and saying, "OK, sporto, aim at THAT." :rofl: Hey, whatever works!

:balloons: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANNA!!! :gift: :hb: Hope it's a wonderful day for you :)

Ack! Gotta get off the puter and get ready for work! :comp: :blah: :fr: :angel: (that's me yakking on the puter, freaking out when I see the time, and flying off to work!) Hi to Jana and Cristi and Rita and everyone else (I always feel like the RomperRoom lady when I do that...)

See you all soon...
Katie

FrouFrou
05-21-2004, 01:24 PM
You made me laugh Katie at the mention of Romper Room! I so remember that show, the kids and I watched it every morning. It was funny because when she got out her magic mirror and said "I see Jane, David, Michelle, etc. and the kids heard their name they really believed she could see them! :lol: Ahhhh, the good old days. I miss my kids being little, my baby, DD is 20 and she was the easiest to potty train RosieKate-I think girls are easier. Never thought about using cheerios for the boys, it just may have helped Josh, DS#2. He totally refused to go and I tried everything-except the cheerios! :lol: :lol: I remember one day he was eating lunch in the LR at the coffee table and got up-didn't know where he went but after a few minutes I thought I should see where the little rascal went off to-figured he went to play in the bedroom. I found him sitting on the toilet! He was one of those kids that was going to go when *he* wanted to go, not when I wanted him to or thought he should, ahhhh memories. We were looking at old photo's yesterday. I was looking for some of me growing up but came across the kids, they were so cute when they were little, still are, just brings back a lot of silly times when they were small. I started a scrapbook for me to share with you Jana on our trip, got three pages done but am going to work on it some today. I must get started on the kids. I would love to have theirs done to give to them for Christmas this year. Which is possible if I quit farting around and just get to it.

Katie~I hope you guys do have a GREAT time in Tahoe!Of course I know you will because it is absolutely gorgeous there. I think that is so cool your DH is going to go to Medical School-WTG for him. It is a long road but well worth the journey. I feel for you, 3 boys to potty train! :yikes:

Marti~keeping my fingers crossed that James won't be going to Texas, so far away from you. :crossed: Hopefully, they have this class some place closer. How long does conductor school last?

Jana~try not to get to stressed out lady. I know that is easier said than done at a time like this, and I know the next two days are going to be the worst. I'll be thinking of you all today and tomorrow and sending great big HUGS your way. :grouphug:

Angie~my heart goes out to your friend, losing a loved one is never easy especially when there are little ones. Special thoughts and prayers to your friend and her family. What a nice surprise for her too! You guys are the greatest for doing that for her, she will love that. There was a story in the paper a week ago about this couple who had lost their teenage son and the woman couldn't stand coming home to the same place. So her and her DH friends knew they were going away for the weekend and they somehow talked the husband into giving them a key to their house. They redid the whole house for them while they were gone, painted, made new curtains, retiled floors and on and on-brought tears to my eyes, and theirs. They even did some in the yard.

Shanna~hope you are having a GREAT day girly! :hb:

Now Miss Susan is MIA! Where are ya girly? Proabably keeping busy with all the new responsibilities with your job.

Hey to every one else! :wave:

Again not much planned for me today. Didn't realize it was so early as I am not usually online till after noon sometime. Guess I best get that cleaning done that I was supposed to do yesterday! :lol: Kind of got side tracked with the scrapbook and trying to find things. Have some laundry to get done also, same old, same old. This is going to be a looooong day, I got up too early for some reason, 6:30! Anyway, hoping everyone is having a great day and has a great weekend also. Take care all. :grouphug:

Marti
05-21-2004, 03:30 PM
Hello girls--

Shanna--Hope that man of yours is taking you out for breakfast, lunch AND dinner today!! I know he has no class....so no excuses! (just remember to tell us all the details!!)

Katie--I know I'm going to have to get used to being away from James. We were talking on the phone last night and he said he was talking to the front desk girl for a couple hours. Discussing computers, her baby that's on the way, and her husband being out of town and so on..., he mentioned to her that this is the longest that he's been away from me in the almost 6yrs. we've been together. Then he mentioned how we worked together for 5 of those years and really enjoyed it. She said we must be very compatible (sp?) to be able to be around each other that much. We liked being able to be close. But this is going to be something that I'm going to have to get used to, James says that this is a great opportunity for our future together......love that man.

Cristi--Conductor school is for two weeks. Seems like all his jobs are two weeks long. I'm not sure if that's how it's going to be always or if it's just on the job training schedule. If he does go to Texas,,,,,I'm sending the camera with him!! I told him to go shopping for me and find something that reminds him of me and knows that I would just "HAVE" to have!! :lol: Before when he was thinking of going through this trucking company that covers all the states, I told him that I wanted a souvenir from each state he visits.....I STILL want souvenirs!!! He is just traveling by train!

Morning to the rest of the girls....where are you all?

I have some cleaning up to do, both James and Jhanai are coming home today.....don't want to look like I've been doing absolutely nothing while they were gone! (although, that's pretty much what happened!) Then I have some homework to finish and I'm resting the rest of the weekend!!

Two more weeks of school, then one week of finals!! Yahoo!!!!!!

Ok gals,,,,,hope you all have a great day.

Marti

Marti
05-21-2004, 08:28 PM
Popping in one last time before I go pick up Jhanai.

I hope you are all having a great friday and that this weekend will be a good one for you. It's suppose to be drizzly out this weekend!! ICK!!

Not sure what all my plans are yet, but I do know that Jhanai want's to take flowers to grandma. So that is one thing I know for sure.

What are all your plans?

Better get going.......

Marti

Jane
05-21-2004, 10:55 PM
Hello ladies,

Angie - Shrek is a MUST SEE movie this summer - glad you're already planning to see it! It has lots of funny stuff for adults. Stuff the kids don't really catch, I mean. I will for sure be buying the DVD when it comes out. So sorry about your friend's illness. Some things just don't seem fair, do they?

Katiecat - oh my gosh, Lake Tahoe! I've never known a real person who went there, only on TV! How cool! Isn't that close to Nevada? But hey, I've been to the Indianpolis 500 3 times, does that count for anything, lol??

Cristi - sounds like you've been to Lake Tahoe too??? Boy are you going to be disappointed in Evansville, lol! Thanks for the hugs, I needed them. Remember this? Romper, stomper, bomper, boo.....

Shanna - Hope you're having a fantastic birthday, sweetie. Party til the cows come home!

Marti - glad James and Jahnai are coming home. Hope you have lots of fun. It's sweet that she wants to take flowers to grandma....awwww.

Susan - Cristi took the words right out of my mouth... where are you?

My plans for the weekend are to get through the funeral tomorrow. The viewing was today, and the place was packed. Jennifer held up pretty well, crying off and on, and the kids were okay. It's when reality sets in that it will be worse, I think.

I have been OP all week, and hope to show a nice loss in the morning. I will try to check in sometime tomorrow evening.

Jana

da fat n da furious
05-22-2004, 01:22 AM
Hello Ladies,
Just finished reading Susan's email,,,shes been busy getting her form in for the new job...fingers crossed for her!

Katie, I would have gone and seen you,,,where bouts in Montana? We have been more or less across it,,,a few times,,,I as sad as this is,,,know the one mall in Great Falls by the back of my hand...infact I drove all the way there by myself from home,,,in like 4.5 hrs...should take the average person 6 hours,,,lol I was totally shocked to see the Flames make it as far as they have...totally disappointed in the Wings,,,but my loyality remains. Calgary is insane with hockey,,,every car almost has a flames flag on it,,,a conservative office lets their employees wear jerseys instead of suits...lol
Personally I like how there is team spirit,,,some of it is over blown and dangerous,,(kid in Brandon's school got beat up bad cause he wore a San Jose jersey)
Jana,,,I have Shrek 1,,,watch it alot,,,can say word for word some areas of the show...lol Do you know the Muffin Man? I can't feel my toes,,,I need a hug...and in the morning Im making waffles....dead broad off the table.
yes life isn't fair!
Marti, a few years ago,,I more or less single handedly oraganized an auction for kids with cancer. I raised over 10 thou,,,and that was just cold calling every person inthe yellow pages to donate something,,,had an auctioneer donate his afternoon,,,a big semi flat bed truck was donated as a stage...I was pretty proud of that .
Brandon has to have surgery on both his ankles,,,or so thats what our family Dr is saying,,,but we are seeing a pediatric specialist. I was really worried about it being artharist...but what the xrays show is a fusing of the bones in his feet,,,causing the exteme flat feet,,,adn the horrible pain he has been having. He can't walk some evenings,,,his ankle are hot and swollen,,,showing there is something inflamed.

Our house price has been dropped,,,so we are hoping it sells this weekend.
have had the worst headache for 2 days now,,,temp change,,,plus TOM the cramps, and breast tenderness plus the headaches are getting worse. But its still better then what I was going throu...
well need to get to bed,,,night all
having a lazy day tomorrow,,,dinner out with Hubby,,,,Tuesday is our anniversary.
hugs to all
Angie

Marti
05-22-2004, 02:49 AM
Hello ladies---

Poppin in before bed. I always get Jhanai to bed, then wait 15-20mins. before I go to bed so I can check in on her. (I'll be doing this until she's 40 yrs old!!) :D

Jana--Lake Tahoe is beautiful!! I lived there for half a year back when I was 18. I lived in South Tahoe. My step-mom's dad (I guess you could say my grandpa but I never felt like I knew him enough to call him that) lived in North Tahoe. When I was younger my parents used to go down there every year to visit him. I loved living there....only thing that I had problems with is walking around all the casino's (especially the one I worked at) being only 18!! I looked way younger than 18 at the time.....but I had to be 21 to walk the floors.....but I did it anyway!! Tahoe is on the border of Nevada and California.....I lived on State Line, I worked in Nevada, but lived in California. (or was it the other way around????) It was pretty fun since you knew which stores were where.....California stopped selling alcohol at 2:30 and Nevada never stops selling......

Angie--You set up an auction for kids with Cancer, how cool is that!! That is such a great thing! I sure wish I could have been a part of that. The most that I do is go for the walks they have. Sony used to sponser so I would get involved with that. That's amazing that you raised over 10grand!! Fantastic.
I sure hope that your sons feet start to feeling better. My sister has flat feet also, (but I don't think to the same extent) and she always had problems growing up, usually when she was involved in a sport.

Ok...I think my time is up and I can go check in on Jhanai...she's been on the computer most of the night playing on some site,,,,,NeoPets.....the things that they have for entertainment.

Goodnight
Marti

Jane
05-22-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi ladies,

Angie - I can recite some lines from "Big" cause I've watched it so many times... love that movie! Hope your headache goes away.

Marti - Lake Tahoe does sound beautiful, and fun, too. Enjoy being with your family this weekend.

Just popped in for a sec to report my loss for the week. I'm down 1 1/2 more!

BBL,
Jana

FrouFrou
05-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Up early this morning again, thought I would go tan first thing this morning since I didn't go yesterday. The ladies that own this place are friends of my sons. They decided to open a place like Curves for Women, it's kind of cool and looks fun. I plan on talking to them about joining that part of it soon, think it might really help me with my weight loss, hoping anyway. :crossed: Now I need to get in the shower to get this coconut smell off of me. I really don't like that smell. Then WILL do my housecleaning that I didn't do yesterday, again! My son came home early and asked me if I wanted to go shopping with him. He is buying is own bedding for his room and wanted to finish it off. Bought some new pillows, a bedskirt and pillow shams. He got the comforter and some sheets last week. Funny, the boys are so different but when we moved here, or before we moved in when we were doing the painting they both wanted a green room. Josh, painted his room green, but Jason didn't find a color he liked. I told him once we get moved in there is not going to be any painting. He has tooooo much stuff to move around. So he bought the bedding in Hunter Green, and did plaid sheets, actually looks good. I actually like the green. Haven't really been a green person, my color has always been blue. But moving in here I wanted a change and did yellow, blue, lilac, and pink paint, in different rooms of course. And the borders, valances in a deep burgundy in the bedroom, rich, deep, red in the LR, DR, kitchen because they are all open to one another. It has the yellow in it, along with green. Hoping to get a deep, dark green couch soon. Okay, got side tracked. :)

Marti~enjoy your weekend with James and Jhanai! You sound like me, I always want souvenirs from the places I go. Years ago I started with t-shirts, then moved onto stickers, now it is post cards. I have been collecting post cards for about 6 or 7 years now. I try to write a silly message on them and send them from wherever it is I am, or buy them from so that it has that postmark on them. I also take lots and lots of pictures! Here that Jana?!

Jana~thinking of you today. I know it is going to be a hard one for everyone. And you are so right, once reality sinks in it is going to be hard. (((((HUGS))))) to you all today. Yes, I remember romper, stomper, bomper boo...very well. I was sad the day that show ended. Oh yes, I too have been to Lake Tahoe-it is so gorgeous! Of course living in CA most of my life I been all over. But there are still places I haven't been.

Angie~there are movies I watch over and over and my favorites are Sleepless in Seattle, Hope Floats and While you were Sleeping and I swear the more I watch them I notice things each time that I didn't notice before. But I couldn't tell you any of the lines, except for the line in Hope Floats about a skunk named Justin-that just really cracked me up and has stayed with me for some reason.. My DD is good at that. She can watch a movie one time and tell you all kinds of things about it, and things that were said years later.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are having a fantastic weekend. :wave:

I did get some scrapbooking done yesterday. Gonna work some more on that once I take a shower and clean house. That's my plans for today, cleaning and scrapbooking. So have a good one ladies.

Geez, almost forgot~WTG Jana on your weight loss this week. I know how stressful and hectic it has been for ya and you did great! :bravo: Of course you just reminded me that I was supposed to weigh and I forgot, ooopsie!

Mom2Gaby
05-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Good Morning

Just quickly reading through the post..

Happy Belated Shanna!!! I had birthdays posted on my calendar but did I manage to send one card out??? nooooooooo = lol
Sorry.

I feel for your family Jana. Maes dialy happenings seem so smalll in a conversation. Many thoughts and warm wishes to you all, especially the children.

CONGRATS on the weight loss!! Awesome :)

Angie,Angie. You always amaze me. I just think you are super talented. Really don't think you belong in a beer factory.....lol- love ya :)

I am down to 143.5- yay...yahoo.......bring out the cake and lets celebrate. lol
I am applying for my bosses position. The pay starts out around $18 and tops out and at $23. I would looooove to get it. So, cross fingers are appreciated!!! My boss says I have the advantage because I HAVE been here a year, plus I am quilified. I always sell my self short, but I can do this.
He was promoted last week, every one is abandoning ship...lol
omg- I can move off site and am already looking at places closer to the older girls and I get day hours!! omg- cross your toes too!!! :)

I beter go- Gaby is tearing the office apart.

Hi to EVERYONE :)

TTFN :)

RAR
05-22-2004, 05:06 PM
HI! everyone just thought I would pop in and hope that everyone is enjoying their saturday I ran all morning going to garage sales hubby took me out to lunch so I dont have to cooktoday so will take it easy until I have to go to work tonite congrats on everyone who lost this week way to go I am afraid to get on the scales as I havent been watching what I have been eatingshame on me Susan keeping my fingers crossed that you get that position just let us know if you do so we can celebratewith you perhaps a drink in your honor (water for me) so good luck everyone else HI! Rita

suetalks
05-22-2004, 05:35 PM
Sounds like everyone has been very busy. I am home alone today and rather enjoying the quiet. (Hubby usually has power tools going in the garage) I went and got mulch and plants this morning and finished up my flower bed. Whew! It was so hot out there that I had to come in for a hat and a towel to keep my face dry. I got my shower and I'm just chilling now. Hopefully it will cool down some before I walk this evening. For right now I might go curl up with a book.

Have a good week-end everyone.

suetalks

SqueakMouse
05-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!!!!
Thank you cristi for the two cards, that was really sweet
Thanks marti for the wonderful card, almost made me cry!!!!!! I appreciate the wonderful words.
WEll, I guess my birthday went ok, I would have just loved to forget about it though.
My BF got me flowers, a cake(can't even remember the last time I had a cake for my birthday) icecream, two bottles of the sparkling wine I like. He took me out to dinner, (which was yummy, so was the drinks I order, I love them, they are called Chi Chi's, I think that is why he brought me to the restaurant because he knows I love them.)
He also got me a card and a battery charger and a starter digital camera to see if I like them. It was nice, but is was hard to not show my disappointment and I feel so bad about that. It is not that i am ungrateful, but he had asked me what i wanted for my birthday and basically I told him I wanted a ring, a commitment or something romantic. I should have known that I wasn't going to get what I really wanted. So, not only do I feel really really sad and disappointed, but I feel bad that he thinks I don't like his gift . I do like the camera, but I have been waiting for something else. I just wish I could have hid it a bit better. He just doesn't seem to believe me when I say I like the camera, which I do. Ohwell, enough of that . All and all the day was ok, even though I had to sleep half of it, since I got off work at 5:30 in the morning. I was sad that I recieved no cards from any of my family, my parents will be coming on sunday since gas is so expensive and they come into town for church anyway. Still, I guess when you get older people don't care as much about your birthday because you are not young and cute anymore.
I look forward to seeing my parents on sunday and will spend today and tomorrow trying to make my boyfriend feel better about his gift and be more grateful and push the other stuff I feel to the back burner.
Hope every one has a nice weekend. Chow for now

da fat n da furious
05-22-2004, 07:30 PM
I am so envious of people with large flower gardens,,,I love working in dirt I guess....It snowed today...arghhh I want to at least do some bedding plants in the pots and such around the house.
My house I want has been offered another offer,,,if we don't sell today we lose that house....fingers crossed,,,we have had 2 people in already and another coming soon today.
Taking Tan to Shrek soon,,,,we watched it again this morning while I cleaned my room and bathroom...I hear something new each time.
I went to Hallmark and bought afew cards today,,,came close to breaking down when trying to find the *right * card for Andrea.

Susan I really hope you get that job....sending good vibes your way.
later gators,
Angie

Jane
05-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Hello ladies,

Cristi - glad you had fun with your son today. Your house sounds decorated really cute! I am a picture taker, too. We'll have fun in July, lol.

Susan - there you are! I so hope you get the promotion! You deserve it.

Rita - glad to see you popping in. and that you're enjoying your Saturday.

Sue - it's nice to step back and look at the results when you've spent so much energy on the flower beds, isn't it?

Shanna - I hope you understand why I didn't get card sent. This past week has been **** for me. Have fun with your parents tomorrow.

Angie - snow?? snow?? I could use some of that here in Southern Indiana today, lol. Actually, although it is about 90 degrees, there has been a steady breeze all day.

Thank goodness today is almost over. I don't know when I've seen so many people at a funeral... not the viewing, but the actual funeral. I told Jennifer that you guys were all thinking of her, and she liked the idea that people from all over were pulling for her.

I did so well at the dinner! It was provided by the church ladies, and you can imagine all the home cooking available. Tons of it!! But I had estimated my points ahead of time, and stuck to a small portion of lean roast, green beans , carrots, fresh fruit and a slice of bread. No fried chicken, noodles, augratin potatoes, etc. I like losing weight more than I wanted that stuff. And I pray to God I stay in that frame of mind, lol.

Chat at ya later,
Jana

Marti
05-22-2004, 10:45 PM
Evening ladies---

Jana--You are so cute! I love the photos. I love it when you all post! It's like we had a little reunion and all got together and I left able to remember faces!! (I know that sounds corny, but that's me....corny!) You are doing a fabulous job with the weightloss and I am so proud of you!!

Cristi--I love postcards!! I had friends who were taking off for vacation and always asked for a postcard....never told them to send it to me, just bring one back!! So now, I'm going to go search for a "Cottage Grove" postcard and send it to you!!

Susan--My fingers are crossed for the job! What great wages!! I hope you get it! And congrats on the weightloss for you too!!

Rita--Great idea for celebrating Susan's promotion! I would love to have a drink in her honor and celebrate. (hear that susan...better let us know) About the scale...I hate to get on them too. I watch what I eat, but I still hate to get on it.

Sue--Sounds like you have some very warm weather going on. We had rain off and on today. Wish it would stay dry. Don't necessarily need the sun out constantly, but the the rain can stay away til October!

Shanna--Oh my friend......I know how much you were looking for that special gift from BF. (more in e-mail) A camera sounds great fun!! Now I'm expecting more scrapbook time with you!!

Angie--I hope you get the house you're wanting. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!! If you don't get it, just remember what we all said to Cristi when she was hunting houses.....if you don't get it,,,,that just means there is a better one out there waiting for you. (hey, that sounds like I'm talking about a man and not a house!! :D )

Did a weigh in this morning and that thing didn't budge. I should be grateful that it's not going up, but I'm just sooooooooo disappointed in how I've let it go up to begin with!! Especially when I started posting here last July, I was 10lbs. lighter!! OMG!!! I guess sitting on my butt in classes hasn't really helped any! Or the lack of activity (compared to how active I used to be!!)

I've got to start something drastic soon!! (ok, maybe not drastic but something)

Better go help with dinner.....

Take care
Marti

Mom2Gaby
05-23-2004, 12:56 AM
Hi,
Sneaking on the puter..

Have to look for rock-n-roll history stuff for Rachel.
The last time we did this we got spyware crap on there.
Now my boss gets lovely babes pop up in hardly nothing.
He isn't complaining though....lol

I think they are good wages Marti.....would be nice to have a cute place with some yard and a normal life again.

Got a pretty picture in email today from a lovely babe...lol....

Best get....

Walking up to Freddies for some snacks,,,,,,try and catch up tomorrow.

Susan

Jane
05-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Just a quick note -

I added a "before" photo to the album I did yesterday. It shows me in all my glory on DS's birthday last Fall. I pull ears for however many years old a family member is on their birthday, and that's what I was doing in the pic.

Can you tell any difference between then and now?

Jana

Marti
05-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

Morning everyone.....I can't be the first to post can? Well I suppose I am. Both James and Jhanai are sleeping in....I was getting fussy around 7:00 but didn't actually get out of bed until 8:00.

Yesterday James & I took Jhanai to the mall. We stopped at Copelands, an atheletic store, and checked out all the workout contraptions. We can't buy anything until our shed is finished and we clean out the extra room we have. And now my grandpa took off for Salem for a few days then is heading up to Seattle Washington another few days. Which is good for him!! He needs to get out and stay busy....although I worry about him driving so far! (Seattle Washington??) My aunt it in Salem, and my Uncle is in Seattle.

I only have 2 weeks of school, then I have three days of finals......then I have to start hunting really good for a job. I was thinking how I wouldn't mind working nights, but then I would miss all of Jhanai's singing programs and I would absolutely hate that!! But I got to get something and if it's nights I suppose it's just going to have to be. As it is, the jobs I already put in for, are evening shifts.

I want to start something different in my routine. I'm lacking motivation again....I'm not sure what it is....I've felt very depressed at times and just sat around with tears....well I tell you, that's not going to help get this fat off!! I received some photos of my reception from a friend, and I asked James.....when did I get fatter than you??? I'm probably only 25-30 lbs smaller than he, but I look wider!! This upsets me...because he used to be over 60lbs. heavier. (he's lost weight since Sony.......why didn't that happen to me?)
I can't keep blaming Sony...but right now, it's the easiest thing to do. Pretty pathetic I know but that's where my mind is set right now. HO HUM....I better quit whining and moaning...I don't want to bore you all to tears. Plus I need to get Jhanai up.....get our day started.

Talk to you all later tonight,

Marti

Marti
05-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Jana--

Of coarse you can tell....you have done such an amazing job!! I'm so proud of what you've accomplished so far!! You're doing great!! Thank you for sharing your photos!!

Keep up the great work....I know you can do it!! (and hopefully some of that motivation you have will rub off on me!)

RosieKate
05-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Hello friends
Hope Sunday is treating you well. I woke up feeling more rested and energetic than I have all week. This is a good thing. The bad thing is I noticed all the housekeeping that hasn't happened all week 'cause I wasn't feeling great. I'm thinking I have allergies. I never had hayfever when I was young, but as I have (ahem) matured, I find I get hit hard with a reaction in May, just when things start blooming. Then I'm fine for the rest of the season. Wierd. I want to get over it as David and I have some getaway plans for the annual birthday/anniversary. We are going to Sylvia Beach Hotel in Newport ( on the central Oregon coast) It's a bed and breakfast where each room has been decorated like a different author. No tv or phones and a fabulous attic library overlooking the ocean. A book lovers getaway. We booked the Jane Austen room. I don't want to be a bleary-eyed, sniveling mess!

I weigh in tomorrow and am crossing my fingers. I started planning ahead about what I'm going to eat (as opposed to writing it down afteward). I've noticed alot less snacking - so send me some good weigh-in vibes!

Jana - Your pictures are impressive - you are looking great! Keep up the good work. I admire how you are staying OP even though life is pretty difficult right now. Life's curveballs have always thrown me off my plans in the past, so I know it can be very hard to think about eating well when so much else is on your mind. Kudos to you for holding it all together!

Marti - I sympathize with the issue of living with a husband who seems to lose weight effortlessly. D's been coaching track and 20 lbs have just melted off his body. I asked him if he was training with the kids and he said that he doesn't have time. He just hasn't had time to eat a lot of junk because he's always on the go. So he said his big dieting wisdom to pass on to me was to "stay busy" I think I kicked him in the shins ;) Like I sit around all day eating bon bons!

Susan - hey - thanks again for the pictures - you have a beautiful family! good luck on the job application - sounds like you are perfect for the
job!
Angie - how'd it go with your house - keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Christi - The colors in your house sound great. I also like to put color on my walls. I have peach beige ( according to Miller paint) in our livingroom/office/mainhall. The bedrooms are a blues, kind of a french blue - so not a pastel, bathroom is an apple green ( my mom HATES it hee hee) and our kitchen is a textured pink. Sounds kind of wild but its a soft look that looks better than it sounds. I've been considering some more painting this summer to freshen things up. Might carry the peach into the kitchen then. I think one the photos in my album is of my daughter and I in the kitchen so you could see what it looks like. Oh, I shouldn't get started on this subject - I love decorating!

Shanna - Happy Birthday - very late (sorry!) Enjoy that camera. I love playing with photos on the computer - do you do any Photoshop with your photos?

Rita and Sue - hope you are having a great weekend and I'll try to check in a little more often next week!

Onward!
RosieKate

suetalks
05-24-2004, 12:36 AM
After many, many days of the scale not moving I finally lost ONE pound. Oh well, at least it wasn't a gain, but with the effort I have put in I thought it would be more. I am at a loss as to what else I can do diet wise. I know I could get more exercise, but I think I have been eating as close to OP as I have ever done. I have walked at least 2.7 miles a day and then a few days 5 miles. Well, tomorrow starts another week. Hope everyone has a good Mon. and smiles to all...

suetalks

Marti
05-24-2004, 02:08 AM
Taking a break from accounting......yep...doing homework this late!! (I had to spend quality time with Jhanai rather than doing homework!)

Sue--Scales can be so unforgiving! You have been doing great with walking and staying OP, and that one pound is still a good loss. Others will join. You may be toning muscles right now, so why not try to measure yourself. I think you're doing great!!

RosieKate--I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Allergies are no fun. I didn't have them as a kid, but I have them now. Not as bad as it has been, but it really kicks me in the butt.

I better get back to work. I'm giving myself an hour then I'm going to bed. You all have a great morning!!

Marti

Marti
05-24-2004, 02:09 AM
Don't post here.....got to chit chat #49!