Old 05-17-2004, 08:24 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Monday 5/17

It's Monday ALREADY. The youngest DD is home and DH isn't too happy about it (HE has to take care of her ). Well, my OP days are over. ARGH. The ice cream, 1/2 bag of pistacchios and a zcarb bar are now also gone. And of course the scale is up a pound. Self sabotage at it's best. What triggered it? Not sure. Maybe having DH say "Why is it you can decide when to eat something with carbs but when I ask you to you say no." So I ate some of his noodle stuff (it was ok. Needed miracle whip vs mayonnaise ) ....and then after supper (which was bbq chicken..and I used the LC Kraft stuff)....that's when the indulgence went on. I don't know WHY I do that. It's got to stop but I don't know HOW to stop it. No self control. Well, I've got to make sure to exercise this week and cut the carbs down to see if I can get that pound off again.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 08:39 AM   #2  

Good morning Brenda and all to follow.

I agree.....Monday already Why are the weekends so damn short?
I did have a blast though at the scrapbook show with my best friend. It was such a nice day. We got to shop and have lunch and chat. We needed to do that. Didn't buy too much....there was this one booth that had the MOST AWESOME papers etc. They are a new company and I am going to check out their web site today. I hope to see more of them around.

Well, I am up again. I'm telling you the weekends just kill me. Even if I am eating legal stuff it is the rest of the "stuff" that I guess is doing me in. This will mean this week is a bust. I will at least lose what I gained over the weekend but nothing else. I think this last 10 is going to be a killer. I really want to do this. My best friend that I was with on Friday!!!! You should see how skinny she is. She has been watching what she eats and doing Tae Boe. She is a stick. I felt like Shammoo the wale next to her.

Going to go shopping for a little bit after work. I really need some clothes!

Talk more later. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:04 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning All

I sooooooooo didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Oh well. This is the last week of classes and next week is exams. I'm almost done. Now if only I could find a summer job! My BF and I could really use the extra cash. I did find out yesterday though that there is a TINY possibility that his internship could lead to an actual job. We totally weren't counting on that and it would be soooo wonderful if it worked out that way.
My weekend was OK. Nothing major. Was totally a carb junkie all weekend so I'm up some lbs again. I'm going to agree with the middle of the diet sabotage thing. I'm toa point where I'm not feeling as fat or gross or disgusting anymore and to where I feel sexy again and now.... both my and my BF are more than happy to blow it. Ridiculous. I've made a vow to be On plan for the next two weeks.... and I'm gonna do it!
Well, I had to start class before I finished this so I'm sure that I missed some people who snuck in on me so I'm just gonna say hi to everyone!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:17 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Brenda, I am so with you on the no control, I was going to do good this weekend but wound up at the cheese cake factory and I let loose like I'd never had food b/4. Darn it !!! At least your eating op foods, I'm so afraid to get on the scale

Jane, your not Shamoo, no way, get that mental image out of your head and stop comparing yourself to others. Shoot if you stood next to me you'd feel like a barbie doll. You are NOT big !!! You look wonderful so don't think like this b/c its going to back fire and your gonna start gaining the weight back. Bet your hubby thinks your perfect !! Hugs

Rhonda, I'll cross my fangers for you and BF for the job(s). I'll join you on your promise to be OP for the next two weeks, I need to be OP soooooo bad so today I'm already glugging my water (ick). lol. At the end of the two weeks then I'll get on the scale, not b/4 because it will only depress me.

Hugs to all that come and post and all the lurkers too

Love yah's
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 09:23 AM   #5  

Thanks Leenie: You are right. I will get that thought out of my head! I wish I really knew what my dh thought. He tells me I look terrific but the insecurities in me make it so I don't believe him. I must drive him nuts!

Shimma: I'm with you too....OP for 2 weeks. We can all do this.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:27 AM   #6  
Total Sass Bucket

Yay! I have a posse! I'm gonna drink water like there's no tomorrow... eat carbs like they're poison (heheh) and I'm with Leenie.... I'm not even stepping on the scale until the 2 weeks is over. Maybe then I'll be back down to what my signature says. I didn't even have the nerve to GET ON the scale this morning. That's the first time that's happened.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:32 AM   #7  

oooooohhhh not get on the scale for two weeks! I don't know if I can do that. I was thinking this morning though that I am not going to hop on everyday.....just check on Monday's and Friday's. THAT'S IT!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:34 AM   #8  
Total Sass Bucket

I usually weigh every single day. This is gonna be hard for me.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:35 AM   #9  

Wicked hard! I wonder if I can do it..........
Old 05-17-2004, 09:40 AM   #10  
Total Sass Bucket

Of course you can!!!!!!! I won't look if you don't!!!!
Old 05-17-2004, 09:53 AM   #11  

Ok, here we go
Old 05-17-2004, 09:57 AM   #12  
Total Sass Bucket

*Throws her scale out the window to avoid cheating*
Old 05-17-2004, 10:39 AM   #13  

Good Morning!

Sounds like we all had carb fest over the weekend. I usually do when I have to work the weekend and get bored. Get bored, eat. Must have been my moto over the weekend. New day.

Only 4 more days until I have 3 days off and my girls come to vist. I can't wait!
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 11:14 AM   #14  

Morning Morti!
Old 05-17-2004, 11:58 AM   #15  
Somethin's gotta give

Help me.....no wait, shoot me....it will be quicker and less painful

Brenda~ it happens...just remember, its not a diet- its a way of life...sometimes in life sh*t happens, but its what takes place long term that counts....this too shall pass and there will be a more bomb Brenda this time next year

Jane~ cool that the show was so great! I always feel so much more well rounded when Im doing something creative

Rhonda~ the worst thing I ever did was try and do body for life with Dale....he has NO willpower ( and doesnt need it) so he was leading me into temptation on a weekly basis!

Leenie~I go to the cheesecake factory in Vegas whenever Im there....my gosh the pasta dishes they have are killer!

Morti~ that boredom is a dilly....it gets me everytime

ok...again...shoot me...somebody-for the love of God.
I spent last night Champagne tasting for the wedding....Who knew champagnes tasted so different? not me...and who also knew that mixing different kinds of champagne will give you a hangover that would kill an elephant....apparently not me either.In the words of an old college friend of mine....I feel like hammered duck ****....nope, I dont know what that means either...but it fits the situation.
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote