South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 08:35 PM   #1  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default Sitting on the fence...

I need help. I am trying to decide if SB is for me or not. I was previously on WW and did well. However, I am looking to see what else is out there.

Any suggestions? Uh, first off I have not read the book yet. Guess I need to do that first, huh? LOL

Is this a lifetime eating plan you can stick with?
Old 05-16-2004, 08:54 PM   #2  

Hi Mals,

Before determining if this is the right plan for you, please read the book or http://www.prevention.com/cda/featur...1-6267,00.html . I think you need to be well informed before making this decision.

Is there a reason that you don't want to do WW again? WW is not a bad plan. I've done it in the past (with success) but I abused my points . Besides that, I didn't want to point everything for the rest of my life. I started the SBD after my mother (who's diabetic) had such success. I'm now in my 2nd week of phase 2 & I definately can see how I can make this a lifetime WOE.

I don't know if this helped. I'm sure if you have any questions, someone will help you out. Good Luck
Old 05-17-2004, 03:59 AM   #3  

I lost weight with weight watchers but didn't get in good eating habits so put it back on again. I am hoping to change my eating habits permanently with SB Diet and think I can get used to healthy eating while losing the weight and be able to keep it off a bit better. I still count points to control my portions and read labels much more rigorously as a result of going on weight watchers in the past. A combo may work for you.

SB Diet is good for weening you off the carbos so if you have a sweet tooth or crave processed food it is a good way to go.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:07 AM   #4  

I have fooled with many programs in the past year, LAWL, 6WBMO, WW. I borrowed the SBD from the library and have been pleased. I started last Wednesday and feel SOOOOOOO much better and have lost 5 pounds. I thought I could never do it because of the Phase 1 restrictions, but have been pleased. I am a major bread fan, but so far I am not missing it. Get the book and see.

Oh, I got obsessed with the WW points and really screwed that up, the LAWL was just an expensive way to lose 7 pounds and lets not even go to 6WBMO.

Try it. I will defiently purchase the book.

Vivian
Old 05-17-2004, 08:24 AM   #5  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Thanks guys!

I do have another question. I am breastfeeding (pumping) for my 11 week old son. How do I incorporate SB with that? I know with WW you get extra points for nursing.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:39 PM   #6  

Best to check with your doctor on this one. You will probably need bigger protein portions but as long as you are drinking plenty of fluids you should be fine. You should lose weight pretty fast if you are breastfeeding anyway. You may need to be a bit more liberal about introducing carbos on phase 2.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:42 PM   #7  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

Thanks everyone! I am going to pick up the book tonight after work.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:35 PM   #8  

Since you're breastfeeding, I would talk to your doctor. I'm not sure what nutrients you need but I'm sure calcium is up there. Definately read the book & make a list of questions before talking to him/her.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:14 PM   #9  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

I picked up the book tonight. So as soon as Conner is in bed I will take a look.
Closed Thread