Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-15-2004, 11:22 PM   #1  

Default Am i bulimic????

Every once in a while when i'm by myself i will eat a lot!! and i do mean a lot..........after i eat a lot i will feel guilty and make myself throw up...............i don't do this very often at all maybe once or twice a month......am i considered bulimic??? please help
sickofbeingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #2  
Searching

Only you and a professional may answer this question. There are resources out there for help www.oa.org and www.somethingfishy.org Feel free to post on our daily thread for recovery and hope if you come to believe you are one of us.

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 11:04 AM   #3  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

While you do need to come to the realization of an eating disorder yourself, IMHO believe you are definitely headed down a slippery slope. Throwing up on purpose is not a "normal" behavior. Maybe you're only doing it once or twice a month now, but how much is "too much?" Is it too much when you're doing it once a week? Once a day? Once after every single meal?

I would encourage you to visit the websites Chris mentioned, and maybe consider seeking help from a professional.

Visit us often. We want to know how you are.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #4  
Please help

That is how I started, I thought I could control it but now it controls me. I thought I'd never be "stupid" enough to get hooked, but it's not about being stupid or smart, to me it's an addiction. Please see someone, before you get into the same state as me.
kittyindistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 01:49 PM   #5  
Please help

I'm not saying that I thought bulemics were stupid (especially as I am one), I just wanted to clarify that.
kittyindistress is offline   Reply With Quote