Support Groups - Time for Serious Fun #68

View Full Version : Time for Serious Fun #68

gma22
05-15-2004, 08:37 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
05-15-2004, 08:39 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What can you share with us to make us laugh?

check in later

Faye ;)

cat90
05-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Congrats Susan and Gigglez on the losses :cheer:

Jaymi, i use my treadmill mostly ;) its my fave. You did better with the eating yesterday :cp:

Another 4pt day for me :cp:

I've no funny stories i can tell you :dunno: i'm kinda :censored: off with hubby at the moment cos he's let a dirty mechanic sleep on my new CREAM leather sofa for the last 2 friday nights complete with dirty work gear :rollpin: you might find that funny but i don't :lol: and last week he sat on my brand new WHITE workshirt and it was filthy! double :rollpin: :rollpin:

Amanda Panda
05-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Hi Guys!

Well done evryone on the weight losses!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Cat - You have such a great sense of humour - I just read your comment about wearing 'chaps' to work - that image will make me laugh for days! :rofl: :lol3: :rofl: :lol3:
Not so funny is your husband and his diiirrrrrty (see what I did there!) mate - I would not be happy - maybe you will have to put a throw over the sofa to prevent it next time. Honestly, men are just from a different planet aren't they?

take care

Love Amanda xxx

Scuzin
05-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Hi All

Tonight is our 3rd performance of the show I'm working on...Opening was AWEFUL! Just because the audience just didn't get it...you hardly knew they were out there...But last night was MUCH MUCH MUCH better, they seemed to enjoy it and actually found the humor. Its amazing how audiences have personalities. I think tonight will be good too.
Just so you know...I looked fabulous! All I did was something a little different with my hai and seriously every 15 minutes another person was telling me how nice I looked. I was loving it.

Sorry about the Sofa Cat, I would go nits too.

gma22
05-15-2004, 07:58 PM
Cat: I'd be kickin me some *** that is for sure! Jack knows not to even walk on my tile floors with his nasty shoes from work on nor sit on anything until he has taken his work clothes off because they stink stink stink! Men are THE biggest dopes in the world without a doubt!

Susan: Glad the performance went well and I am sure you were spectacularly beautiful.

As for me, I have paint head to toe AGAIN! I am wiped out. We painted the dining room (2 coats) and I painted all the trim, woodwork, doorjambs etc all myself while dh snoozed on the couch. He apologized, but I told him not to worry about it because I just wanted to get it done so we could put up the wallpaper and border tomorrow and move stuff back. We have to shampoo the carpet on top of all that and clean out cabinets etc. I went shopping at Lowes today (we had to buy more paint) and found gorgeous lamps for the dining room (there is no overhead fixture in the room) and they were on clearance, but hopefully they will still be there next week when I can afford to get them. I am putting one lamp and one hanging silk lamp in there for light. We also looked at ceramic tile again for the entranceway since it will be cheaper to do than the bathroom/laundry room/kitchen area. It is still going to cost about $400 to get the initial stuff, though the tile cutter and supplies we can reuse. I found a really nice looking terra cotta tile we are going to get. My entranceway has no natural light so I painted it this color but I first put an eggshell prime on then grocery bagged the walls (sort of like sponge painting only you use plastic grocery bags and dab the paint on. It looks cool and goes well with the floor color which looks like this sort of.

Well, blabbed enough, I need to go and get this paint off before I become permanently a mess!

Faye :)

cat90
05-15-2004, 09:54 PM
Faye, i feel worn out just reading what you get up to :lol: you never stop!

Amanda, there is a duvet thrown over the sofa to protect it, i leave one on it before i go to bed in case hubby falls asleep in his chair ;) then he just moves over to the sofa so he does'nt disturb me :) trouble is he well "they" now :mad: wrap themselves up in it and put their diiiirrrty ( :lol: ) hands, feet and heads on the arms of the sofa :rollpin: i had to clean it with cream vim this afternoon and the water was filthy :p when i complain about it i just get "well, it was a stupid colour to pick in the first place" and i respond with "well, they're are'nt meant to have filthy welders and mechanics sleeping on them!" :rofl: i'm beating my head against a brick wall so i may as well shut up about it. Feel like locking them all out tho' :lol3:

Susan, glad the show is going well :cp:

Walked 3mls this afternoon but i want to snack :rolleyes: trying hard not to overeat.

gma22
05-16-2004, 09:13 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll this week is:

Listening to Cat's trouble about the couch got me to thinking on this one. What common household product do you use in a secret way? For example: If you take new clothes that are sure to bleed in the washer when they are washed the first time and put them in a sink of cold water and 2 cups of white vinegar for about 2 hours, this sets the color and they will NOT bleed.

Let's see: toothpaste is good as a jewelry cleaner and as "plaster" for wall holes if you don't have plaster, just be sure and use white toothpaste!

rubbing salt on your hands before cutting an onion prevents the smell from getting on your hands

filthy grills plates? Day before grilling, take a black trash back put grill plates in them with ammonia and tie it tight. Lay in the sun all day and next day take out and scrub a little and the gunk comes right off.

Ok, I know you are going to be very very jealous of me today, wallpaper flopping over my head, glue running down my arms and neck, stiff muscles from reaching all day. WHOOOPEEEEE! I am dying to get it done though. The color is so gorgeous. I promise to take a pic of the room when finished.

gigglez
05-16-2004, 02:10 PM
Morning ladies!

Faye, I am like Cat get kinda worn out from all that you do. Right now I am here at work waiting for another store to turn on their puter so that I can transmit a file.

Susan, I am glad taht you are having good shows. Congrats on the loss.

Just wanted to say hi. About the poll mean green it is the best. Gotta run.

hugs
sandy

beth_on_the_beach
05-16-2004, 03:19 PM
Hello All,

I'm been missing in action for about a month and 1/2 but here I am again! The school term is over, I got all A's, so I'm happy about that, and now I have a week shy of four months to do as I please. So I figured it was time for me to get back on the bandwagon. I've been on-plan for about 4 or 5 days...can't remember which day I started!

Hope everyone is well. Congrats to the winner of the first quarter prize! 34 lbs is wonderful!

As for a product...i clean my title floors with windex and paper towels on my knees. It's fast and does a great job, but then I'm lazy and a slob!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Beth

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Man, I gotta get used to changing these threads!! :lol: Got lost again! Anway I've already forgotten what was on the last thread for Saturday :lol: so whoever lost weight :bravo: I didnt weigh in until Saturday, I lost 2 lbs. Wish I could lose more like yaw'l....what kind of exercises are yaw'l doing?!?!

Scuzin- Good Going on your performance!! YAY!!!

Beth_on_the_beach-- Well just want to welcome you back since we havent met...glad you missed the "take care of Jaymi's problems week"

Well, I'm just a typical clean up when I have to type of girl. The craziest thing I might do is use Ivory dishwashing liquid instead of bubble bath for my kids because that baby stuff doesnt make as much bubbles :lol: I used to use ammonia to clean my jewelry....I mop the floor with pinesol, and sometimes wash dishes in bleach...but not all the time because I usually get bleach all over my clothes which sucks....

Glad I missed the joke thing...because I can't even make myself laugh on that one... the only joke I know is...Why did the chicken cross the road?!?!? :lol:

Well Faye, I said I'd tell ya later, so I am. I remembered what you told me about your dad, just found out Friday night that my dad had to have Triple bypass surgery. Didnt want to say anything about it really, since I said I was gonna stop being a baby. And because I was sooo upset about it, He's like Superman to me...undestructable. But it could of been worse, he had been having chest pains and they ran tests on him and said he was ok...come to find out almost all of his arteries were clogged. But he's ok now, I'm just upset that I cant be there until 2 weeks from now. Oh well, see now that I feel better its not as bad!! :^:

Dirt and Men just go together... I dont get it..and it's invisible to them...I'd have a fit about it so he'd have to notice. Then next time...the same thing.

Well Sat and Sun were 4 pt'ers. Sat I stayed ate about 890 cal, but....that was plus 3 apples!! And I was upset so what I did eat, I made myself eat it. I did my Denise Austin, crunches,leglifts, treadmill, and even played tennis...if that's what you wanna call it.

Today I'm aiming for more calories...i guess... But I ate a Bagel with ham egg and f/f cheese, and for lunch shrimp alfredo. 60 minutes Denise Austin, 60 minutes treadmill...enough for me!! Tired today. Well I'm gonna change my weigh in day to Friday so I can participate better. Oh, anyone have any suggestions on exercises I can do while I'm in tx?

Well, Hope everybody's day is going good!!! When I get this thread thing together I'll be able to comment more!! :lol: Bye All!!

Amanda Panda
05-16-2004, 06:06 PM
hi all!

JAYMI - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he is recovering well after such a big operation. I know how you feel about thinking your dad is indestructable - I come from a very healthy family who hardly ever get ill and have never even broken a bone - I take it for granted that they are okay - but they are getting older and won't be here forever.

SUSAN - I'm glad your show went well. Are you going to stick with the new hairdo?

BETH - Welcome back! Well done on your excellent exam results. Have you got any plans for your long break - apart from getting back on your programme?

SILLY POLL - I have no tips, other than if you can afford it, get a cleaner!! I HATE HOUSEWORK - the only problem is that Nigel is even messier and lazier than me, so I have to do all the cleaning as he doesn't even notice if the place has become a pig sty. The thing is that he is really good at cleaning as he used to work in big industrial kitchens and have to clean them up - he is just a lazy so and so!. I nevr know any of those useful household tips - speaking of which, does anyone know how to remove water stains from a stone fireplace surround? (I tried to clean it with a damp cloth and justmade it worse! :lol: )

I went on my exercise bike today - it was a really hot day and I hadn't used it for a couple of weeks, so I found it hard work! I am not looking forward to Summer this year - medication that increases sweating, coupled with being over 100lbs overweight, does not a happy summer make! It will all be different next year though!

Love Amanda xx

gma22
05-17-2004, 07:48 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is to take time to sit down and really look over your weight loss program as far as food goes. I am greatly concerned that some of you are not eating properly nor enough and to have effective weight loss you MUST maintain a good program. Make sure you include protein, carbs, fat all in proportion (usually 10%, 60%, 30% in that order is what is recommended.) Cutting calories and fat way back DO NOT BENEFIT YOU! So, this week take a good long look at what you are eating and make sure you are balancing your diet to be the healthiest it can be.

Sounds like Amanda had the best tip of all about cleaning! :lol:

Beth: I am so glad to see you back and glad you are up and running! We missed you a lot.

Jaymi: It wasn't my father who had a heart attack (he has been dead for 30 years), it was my HUSBAND! You got to remember I am the oldster of the group! Anyway, hope your father is on the mend and makes some positive changes in his life to live a long life. I expect he is around my husband's age and that is too young to die of a heart attack. As for you girlie, I am seriously worried about what you are doing to your body. It is your choice to do what you want, but I have seen your profile pic and seen your posts and you are on your way to anorexia honey. You need to be taking in at least 1200-1400 calories a day and you seem to be doing a huge amount of exercising along with that. Please consider what I have said and try hard to eat more. We wouldn't want to lose you or have you end up in a hospital because you are starving your body!

THE WALLPAPERING AND PAINTING ARE DONE! :cb: :cb: :cb: I am going to shampoo the carpets in there and put everything back today. Our next projects now are finishing up the lighting issues and starting on flooring, but that is going to have to wait awhile as it is expensive to do and I want to take a trip in July.

Have a great morning girls. Check back later today.

Mirabelly
05-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Good Morning Lovelies!

Well, I'm back from show-land. Saturday night went really well, just a few minor screwups which is to be expected. I spent all day yesterday catching up on sleep! Oh, and I got tons of compliments on that costume, so I guess I was just over reacting and really seeing myself in my old body.

Didn't count points for the last week or so, but Today starts things anew! This Monday's Mission is perfect,Faye, cuz I need to revamp my program and really think about what I'm doing. I've just been cruising during this stressful time, I ended up gaining about 2 pounds........which I expected given all the CRAP I've been eating. So NEW PLANS TODAY!

Jaymie, I hope your dad is doing better and your fears are put at ease. I have to say when I read that you had UPPED your calories to 850....my head screamed "anorexic behavior"!!! I have no idea about your life or your body......I don't pretend to know you at all. BUT we all try to look out for each other here, strictly out of love and concern. PLEASE talk to someone! No one can live healthfully on that little food, especially with as much exercise as you are doing. Your family needs you to be healthy and strong! I have a dance student who is a counselor for people with these tendencies.....she was an anorexic for many years herself and she almost died from it. If you want, I can send you her website info......she does alot of counseling over the phone and email.

Beth, welcome back and WOOO HOOO on the grades! Well Done! :cp: :cp:

Susan, glad your show went well too! I'm sure you had tons of fun :D

Faye......I get my daily exercise just READING about all the stuff you do! I was in remodeling **** last year trying to sell an old farmhouse we had. I'm so glad we are in a newer house now that doesn't need anything except the room over the garage which we can finish at our leisure.

OK, kids are bugging me to get them to school.

Later babes,
Julie

Satine
05-17-2004, 10:19 AM
Wow, alot has been going on this weekend, you girls have been busy :)

Faye, Faye - I wish I had all of your energy...My dh and I need to touch up paint all over the house before we put on market and we keep putting it off every weekend, didnt you say you were coming up to IN soon? Wanna make some extra cash? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Susan - Glad the shows are going well, that sounds like alot of fun

Julie - See we told you that you looked great, glad to hear everything went well and now you can focus on your weight loss now... :)

Beth - Hi, great to hear from you!!

Amanda - I too hate housework, my house has the "illusion" of clean, like it looks clean from a distance but if you get right up on something it is dusty, ha...that is bad of me :D

Jaymi - I have to agree!! I don't want you to feel like we are coming down on you but eat something GIRL!!! 850 calories is scarily ( is that a word ? ) too, too low....especially when you are so active, re-think your plan, go to a nutritionist....good luck!! Also I am sorry to hear about your Dad, I will be thinking of him and you...

Everyone else, hello, glad you had a good weekend...I did have one too, although not OP, back on track today!!!! Talk later!!

beth_on_the_beach
05-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Morning All,

Thanks everyone it's good to be back and back on track. I have found that sometimes we just have to do this at our own pace and when it's right for us. Anyway all is well here. Just wish Florida's summers weren't so darn hot. It makes it hard to get out the door to walk, but I've been walking 2 - 4 miles a day anyway. I'm just a sweaty mess at the end of it!

Other plans for the summer...lets see...I have a couple of projects. I'm hunting down graduate schools so I can apply this fall. That's a big one and takes tons of time. I have some writing projects to do, and I started, in March, making a rug, which I put in the closet and haven't done anything with so I think I will work on that as well.

Jaymi - Nice to meet you. I'm sorry to hear about your father. My dad is going on 73 and he is healthy but I worry about him and my mother.

Faye - You always make me feel sooooo lazy with all your work. It certain motivates me to get some things done around here.

Susan - Sounds fun...your show...very exciting.

Amanda - I agree I think a housekeeper and a cook are necessities of life not luxuries. Before I became a poor college student again I had someone come in and clean my house every friday. It was WONDERFUL to come home to a nice clean house for the weekend. Now, I just have to put up with the dirt!

Well, best of days to all.

Beth

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone!! I dont want yaw'l to think I'm anorexic or anything.....I know it doesnt seem like I eat...but I do!!!! First yaw'l have to remember that I'm on an appetite suppresant, and that takes a lot of my appetite away. I dont know how to stop when I put something in my mouth. Especially if it's good (to me) And it helps me not go to :mcd: McDonalds everyday or buy those dozen chocolate iced Krispy Kreme donuts or I can go on and on! :blah: Breakfast is the hardest for me, really all of this is hard for me. I buy healthy foods and throw them away constantly because they just taste bad!!! I only eat 3 times a day unless I snack on a fruit. I eat alot of sugar free, fatfree stuff, that I know that yaw'l say isnt all good, but I'm just doing the best that I can. Of course, you all know that I eat those Healthy choice meals sometimes :sorry: *hide from Mirabelly* but they have chicken and veggies and protein in them...and fat!! But they are only maybe 300 or so calories..sometimes more or a little less. If I cook my food I measure everything with my food scale and I eat it my serving size..not really the calories. I just dont like a lot of meats, so I eat turkey or chicken or fish and as you all know they are low in calories and fat. I really don't know what else to do you guys!!!! If I don't do exactly as I am doing I wont lose and might gain. April I lost 3 lbs for the whole month because I kept gaining it back! I was still eating healthy but I was only exercising 5 days and I was eating about 1300 calories give or take. Plus I got sick twice that month. Say for instance I eat a turkey burger it's only 180 cal (with the wheat bun) I have f/f mayo lettuce,tomatoes, pickles,onions, mustard, cheese...But its also lean turkey too. After I eat that I'm usually full, but I'll try to eat an apple or something if I can. I bought some brown rice to try to eat more rice and try to cook more for myself. (even though I don't see the point of brown rice since it seems to have to same amount of stuff white rice have in it) But I am really trying to do better!!

I know losing weight for all of you have been a hard and long road....but it is especially hard for me. I've tried.....everything you could possibly think of...every diet (except no carb) Exercised constantly, but I swear in about a month or so... the weight comes right back plus some. All I can say is just be patient with me and give me a chance....Right now I'm focusing on learning more about what I need and discipline. I went off on my hubby last night...not like it even mattered...but because he doesnt support me! He says since he pays for my food, then thats supporting me. :mad: I swear I could have turned into a husband beater at that moment. He always trying to tell me about my diet and blah blah....he told me carb diets arent good and I'm like...I'm not even on a carb diet!!! Then he's like...we'll I'm gonna start working out again but it's gonna be "real" exercise. Like my exercise is fake or something!!!! GRRRRR!!!! But at least you all listen to me and give me chance. I got sooo much to do in one day, which I never get it all done, I just try to manage. You dont' have to worry about me passing out or hurting myself because I can't!!! I am all my kids have, and I cant afford to pass out or get sick because they can't call the hospital or anything. Sometimes my calories arent that low...but some days, if i'm upset or something, i have a hard time eating. But if i get quesy or hungry I always stuff something in my mouth. Just bare with me chickies....

Oh and that picture is of my goal weight!!!! :lol: :lol: I avoided all cameras and still do after I had my daughter, so I dont have a picture of me now or at my largest....and I'd be too embarrased to put it up if I did have one! :^: Yuck! If we take some pics in tx, I'll put some up so that you can see.

Faye- Sorry!! :stress: Sorry!!!! I keep getting mixed up...I couldnt remember exactly but I didnt want to go back to the other thread to look!!!! Really..I'm not in denial :lol: I'm not anorexic, I just dont eat enough, but when I'm not taking the adipex...I can't stop!!! I'm serious, I bought stuff like s/f jellos, and i would eat 1 then 2 then 3. Can't pass up chocolate or cake on my own. Can't pass up the donut isle without picking them up...but now I can. Now I can go to Mcdonalds or Burger King and order healthy foods instead of a double quarter pounder with a supersize fry and a large dr pepper. I know it seems extreme since I'm not 200 or 300 pounds, but I was 200 when I started, and I'm only 5'0. I can't wait years and years, my baby is only a baby now and I want to be able to run around and chase her and etc. My dad is 52 years young. I dont think your'e old!! Age is just a number....in fact I act way older than you do!! :lol: Wish I had my own house!!! But I'd be way too lazy to paint it and be as involved as you are!! We move alot, and sometimes when we move I will have not unpacked everything from last time and only half to pack half up again!! :lol: Terrible I know!!

Mirabelly- I wish I could send you all a video tape of my life for one day!!! :lol: And then send you all of another from before! I was hiding food under my bed and in the closet. I'd hurry up and throw out the garbage so my husband wouldnt see mcdonalds bags or empty donut bags. I can only eat to one extreme to another right now. I dont mean calories but I mean either non-healthy or healthy..I havent gotten the in between yet. You gotta remember how small a serving size is...but I'm sure everyone knows it. I eat the portion/serving size and thats it. If i'm still hungry which is hardly ever I'd eat an apple or an orange or something. Before it would have been 5 servings at a time. You can send me the website info because I dont want to seem like I'm being ungrateful in anyway. I am grateful that everyone even cares about me...and you dont know me, but you still care and that really means a lot to me. Especially when people that supposed to love you and know you, dont care....or dont act like it anyway. I know you hate those frozen dinners, but eventually I will try to get off of them completely, but right now...It's all I have. I'm glad everything went well with you at your performance!!! When is your next one?

Satine-- I know :^: 850 is scary, but all I can say is that I'll try harder.!

Ok, I just wanted to repeat this for all of you. I am not ungrateful in any way. I appreciate all the caring for me you do, because you all never met me, but you care about me, and that really means a lot to me. I know that you are giving me advice to help me, and I am taking it in. But I really am trying the best that I can. I really don't want to force feed my body, because that was my problem in the first place. Eating when i'm not hungry, eating when I'm bored, eating when I'm sad, mad, tired etc. I'm not going to be on these pills forever and I will start..eventually...eating food with my family, but it's so hard to calcuate how many calories in the foods that I cook for my family, that I started off with stuff I could count easily. I'm learning something each day, and trying new foods....along with throwing them away too!! Another thing I want to explain to you, like lets say yesterday I ate 940 calories (which I know is too low) But here is what I ate:
B-1 Bagel with 1 sl cheese, 1 sl ham, 1 egg= 290
L- Shrimp Alfredo- 310
S- apple-80
D- Beef peppersteak w/ rice- 260

Bagel was only 140, cheese was 30, ham 60 and egg 30. That was a lot to me, I barely ate it all, but I made myself. Hopefully this shows you a litte bit more about what I do. Maybe not....But anyway thanks for even listening to my explanations...and I will try harder....Just havent figured out how to yet.

Bye everyone!!! If I have time later I will check back in.

Jaymi

gma22
05-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Jaymi: It is not just that we worry about you, which we obviously all do, but the calories are so low that your body is in what they call famine mode, which means your metabolism shuts down so believe me, you won't lose. I think your problem has more to do with your self image than your body image. I know you want your body to look better, but you constantly beat yourself up about one thing or another. You need to step back, say, "Hey, I am a great person, loving mom and wife and I deserve whatever I can in life. I am beautiful inside as well as out." As for body image, you are working to improve that and I can tell you are working very hard, but try adding a couple of these things to your diet if you can't seem to add a lot more food, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter on anything even eaten straight off the spoon. It is high protein and higher in fat and would help you out some, a couple hard boiled eggs, add reg mayo to sandwiches instead of just ff or ite, buy some string cheese and when eating a piece of fruit, add one package of the string cheese to your snacks.

Ok, guys here are pics of the dining room and one of the upstairs hall. I still have all the junk to drag out to the garage like paint and stuff so I need to get that done so I can go and exercise before it gets way too hot. Hope you like the pics. It was sure fun doing this stuff.

Mirabelly
05-17-2004, 01:30 PM
Faye----the new paint and wallpaper looks GREAT! You did a fabulous job!!! Ummmm, you do know that yellow is an appetite stimulant, right? That's why so many burger joints are bright yellow :lol: :lol: :lol3: :lol3:

Jaymie--Take it easy on yourself, hon! You are working your *** off to try and figure all this out. It takes alot of time and effort and advice and mistakes, etc etc...... WE know how hard it is to control our appetites and put down that second burger (like I DIDN"T last night!! At least it was a burger I grilled at home and not fast-food). Don't belittle yourself for anything you're doing. You'll figure things out, don't worry. Getting healthy is mostly trial and error. Faye had a great suggestion about the peanut butter....that stuff is very healthy and packs in a few good calories without too much food filling up your belly.

Well, I just mowed the lawn for about an hour......so that was pretty good exercise. Gonna make me some iced green-tea and take Ben to the park for the afternoon.

See ya later,
Julie

Satine
05-17-2004, 03:31 PM
Good afternoon all...just got back from lunch and now trying to get through the rest of the work afternoon, I had a frozen meal and I am already burping it up, ugh :(

Faye - The room looks great, I painted my spare bathroom a yellow, but it was more of a bright yellow ( Julie I never really get hungry in that bathroom
ha, just kidding ) ...you did a great job, now sit back and enjoy it!!!

Jaymi - Going back and reading all of our posts made is sound like we were all being down on you - but you know that is not true, as Faye and Julie said we are here to help, I think you did do better yesterday with the food but again I would suggest backing off of the "fat free" items....I know you are really trying and I think you will find your own groove soon :)

Julie - Enjoy the afternoon at the park, that sounds nice, better than stuck inside an office :lol:

Okay everyone, have a good rest of the day and good evening!!!!
Man I am already hungry....where is that apple I brought??

cat90
05-17-2004, 06:48 PM
Hi Ladies,

Jaymi, i think you're doing fine :D just one question.You put egg as 30 is that a whole egg? because if it is it will be more like 70. I really do think you are doing too much exercise tho' :dunno: 1 hour of any exercise is plenty, you don't need to be doing 2 and more :nono: the 800-900 cals a day that you're eating is'nt so bad if you're not exercising at all but you are probably burning off 400-500 cals in exercise so that is leaving your body with a measly 400 cals to live off :yikes: it thinks you are STARVING and is trying to hold on to the weight. Congrats on losing the 2lbs btw :cp: i know you feel like it was really hard work to lose that :( it should'nt feel like that at all tho' :dunno: eating a sensible diet with a reasonable amount of exercise is all it should take to reach a healthy weight. Could you try it for a week? cut the exercise down to 30-60 mins a day and keep the cals as they are ( if you must :rolleyes: ) or try to eat just a little more and we'll see what happens ;)

Well, it was my birthday yesterday :hb: i've caught up with Faye :lol: and i stuffed my face with ice cream cake, burgers, the works :T :ink: it was a friends birthday too so we went over for a party/bbq at their house which is right on the water and is beautiful :cloud9: hubby bought me a huge box of chocolate truffles :lol: i guess he thought they would'nt hurt the 'diet' as i've been on it for years :rofl: i've stuffed my face with them today as well :rolleyes: gonna see if he'll help me finish them off tonight so i can get back on track tomorrow ;)

Hiya Beth :wave: nice to have you back.

Faye, the decorating looks great :) i painted one of my spare bedrooms yellow and it just 'glows' when the sun streams through the windows :sunny:

zookeeper
05-17-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi all!

Colorado was gorgeous, and I weigh almost exactly what I did when I left, even though I was not CLOSE to following a plan last week. We did a lot of hiking and walking, so I guess that covered me.

Sounds like everyone is busy as ever. What inspirations!

I'm having a dinner party Saturday, so I'm crazy busy with preparations for that. I find that when I make all this food I'm usually too busy to eat a whole lot of snacks. Chopping, slicing, mixing, etc keep my hands and mind nicely busy.

It looks like my friend and I are going to do the breast cancer walk, so that'll keep me moving! It's a 60 mile walk so I'll be doing a lot of training in the next few months. It's quite an adventure.

My mission - to walk 45 minutes 5 days a week.

Jessica

gma22
05-18-2004, 06:46 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is vitamin supplements. Are you taking a supplement and if not, maybe you should be. Very few of us take in our nutritional needs and a vitamin can help that. Check to see what kind would be most beneficial to you depending on your age, and what kind of program you are on. You can now take weight management, carb smart and others designed for your particular program.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO CAT! :hb: :hat: :gift: :balloons: Hope you got everything you wanted!

later girls

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Well, I sat down and had a good think about what everyone said. In fact, I thought about it all night and even this morning. :chin: I also realized that Hey, I do have something to complain about or whine about everyday. :tape: But if I would have never came here, I would have never realized it because I hold in all my feelings. So typing them out showed me how much I really need to calm down and stop letting stupid stuff bother me.

Faye- I will try harder. I had decided that I would buy some extra stuff like peanut butter and nuts when its time to get groceries again so, will do! Love the rooms!!! I dont have a house right now, but when I do get one...I'm calling YOU!! :lol:

Mirabelly- Yummy!! :cbg: Burgers!!! :lol: Wow, you know I've never even touched a lawnmower before?!?! Not sure if I want to either. It looks like hard work to me! Boy I wonder how many calories that burn?!? I've heard that green tea helps you lose weight...does it taste like regular tea?

Satine- Hey, what kinda frozen meals do you eat?!? :D I know that you are all not putting me down or anything, and I know that you are all trying to help. I wouldnt have even realized a lot of things if yaw'l wouldnt put your two cents in!! :lol:

cat90- Happy belated B-day!!!!! :cb: :hb: :cb: Why didnt you tell me your b-day was coming up!!!! Well, I eat egg substitutes instead of real egg. I cut out a lot of the real stuff. I do the aerobics in the mornings because it works different parts of the body and works with weights. :strong: The treadmill :tread: is a different story, because I'm just walking, it only aids in making my once big full legs look like skinny sticks again!!! :lol: I think I'll try to eat more, because sometimes I get in that grouchy irritated mood if I dont do them both! And it's also my excuse for getting me to drink more water because I hate it!! I've added lemon and lord knows whatelse, but I dont like it all that much. You know how they say you have to burn 3500 calories to lose one pound?!? They werent kidding!!! My body seems to be exactly like that!! Wow, I can't wait until my birthday!!! :gift: Sounds like you had the best time ever!!! Can I have some of your leftovers?!?!? :lol:

Zookeeper- Nice to meet you! I'm the new kid around here...everyone's gotta take care of me :lol: Wow 60 miles?!??!? :faint: I wish I could do something like that, I dont think I could do 6!! Glad you had fun in Colorado!

Ok, now supplements. We'll I bought some a multivitamin, but they make my tummy hurt, even when I eat them with food. I swear Denise Austin would make you be a dope head when she gets through. She says we need calcium pills and multi vitamins, and vitamin b, and vitamin c! I'm like no way!!! I hate taking pills as it is!!! Well anyone has any suggestions for any mile supplements or something that can prevent the tummy ache? I've tried taking them before bed, but I just wake up with a tummy ache anyway.

Well Everyone, I dont think I did any fussing or whining today.... :cp: and if I did....oops! :wave: Bye all and hope everybody has a good day!! :wave:

Mirabelly
05-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Morning girlies!

Well, yesterday turned out to be 2 points for water & exercise. I was doing great all day on food, but then we had cake and chips at the cast party and I figured it was a "last hurrrah" for the show, so I indulged. But I still showed a loss on the scale this morning.....so maybe my body is just happy that I'm no longer stressed out.

Happy Birthday Cat! Glad you had a good time.

Jaymie, the green tea does not taste like "regular" tea (which is black tea). It tastes like the stuff they serve you in chinese restaraunts. I really don't like the taste, but I found some mint flavored green tea which I do like cuz it tastes like sleepytime (my fave herb tea). I drink tea mainly when I just can't drink any more water (I use decaf tea, so it's not diuretic) or when I really want something sweet (I put some splenda in it to make it taste sweet).

Not much else going on today. Gotta wash and put away a ton of laundry and costume stuff....so, better get going.

Everyone have a :strong: day!

Julie

Satine
05-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Morning All

Jaymi - I eat alot of the Weight Watchers Smart Ones frozen meals because I follow the WW plan and they have the points listed right on the box...I usually have one of them for lunch 3 or 4 times a week...I know alot of people say that you shouldnt eat a lot of frozen meals but I have been all along and it hasnt hindered my weight loss in any way...it is just easier for me
They have a really good one that is Pepperoni pizza :jeno: Although it does have about 480 calories so you might think that is too high for your plan :)

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise. I had a blow off weekend so it was really hard to stay OP yesterday when I still had a cream cheese brownie in my fridge, my dh ended up eating it but I had a small bite, but LORD did I want that whole thing :no:

As far as vitamins go, I take the Womens One a Day, the green one that is supposed to help with weight loss, I dont know if it is helping or not but I figure I will try anything, I have taken it for about a year now...also I take Caltrate every day, I am lactose intolerant so I get no calcium, have to supplement :twirly:

Cat - Happy Belated B-Day !!!!! :balloons:

Zookeeper - Glad you had a good time, glad you are back!!!

Julie, Faye, Amanda, Susan, and everyone, have a good one :sunny:

beth_on_the_beach
05-18-2004, 01:02 PM
Morning Everyone,

Not much going on here. I didn't get out the door to walk yesterday so I'm going to do it as soon as I finish this. Otherwise all is well. I don't take any vitamins. I tend to buy them and then they sit in the drawer and collect dust. I know I should take at least a multi-vitamin, but don't seem to get around to it. As for the other more exotic, expensive pills that seem to have everything in them besides the kitchen sink, and heck, some of them have enough iron in them to build a kitchen sink, I have my doubts as to their value. That is certainly an issue that can and is debated from now until the end of time, but that's my two cents worth.

Cat - Happy Birthday! I remember way back when, when birthdays were still something to look forward to! Now I just try and duck...is that the right spelling?...around them, all to no avail. Mine was just this past April 7th.

Jaymi - You might try taking your vitamin with a little milk. It coats the stomach and might keep you from getting a tummy ache. Good luck with that.

Jessica - The 60 mile walk sounds great. I'm assuming you do that all in one day and not in parts? How long do you think it will take you?

Faye - Your room looks great! Yellow is my favoriate color. I had an aunt that loved purple. She painted her bedrooms in these purples and other colors that made them look like the insides of giant easter eggs. They were great.

I agree with Carri about the low fat foods. If I'm not going to eat much, then what I do stick in my mouth is going to be real food, that tastes good. Forget the low fat / low sugar options...unless a health issue requires low sugar. If I eat chocolate then I eat good chocolate...basically I'm saying try to make every calorie count, for health and taste.

Beth

Sandybrat
05-18-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi again... busy busy busy here... but i will try to get on here everyday again so i can keep up with u all. I am doing well... started the south beachdiet and have a week in so far. I lost 5lbs and 4 inches so i am remotiveated here... lol The weather is getting and staying nicer so i am getting the painting itch again. i plan on redoing my dressers this weekend so hopefully the weather will cooperate. I just wanted to check in and see how u all were doing... and let u know whats going on in my life. Things are still strained with hubby... but i cant make him talk... all i can do is let him know that i need him to ... and that i am hear and will listen when he needs me to. Altho i must admit i am getting frustrated doing all the trying myself. I have talked to him many times about this and he just doesnt seem to get it... even with my news about the weight and inches loss he was blase'... the only thing he said was dont lose too much off your chest(i lost 2.5" on my bust) Great encouragement right?? OK.. i got some of it off my chest... but i will stop now... tomorrow is the day for this...lol Remember to take care of U... talk to u soon... I need to make this a priority again... so u will be seeing me most everyda again.... love to u all...
Sandy

cat90
05-18-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Its back to business today :) was fit for nothing yesterday as the booze took its toll :tired: :lol: i'm not planning to do much today other than make sure i get out for a couple of hours on the deck and work on my tan :D Having steak for dinner :T looking forward to that.

gma22
05-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Evening chickies! Hope all is going well with you today.

SandyB: Some men are just not talkers and I know that is tough sometimes. I don't happen to have a closed mouth husband except for one time and that is during the work week when he gets up until around 9 am I guess. He is stonily silent and I know it drives him nuts for me to be chirping around. I am totally up first thing in the morning and all bright eyed and bushy tailed and it has to drive a person like he is NUTS! He is very tolerant of it though. DH is a boob man, huh? Mine too and boy I have enough to share with others. I saw myself in the bathroom mirror a little while ago nude from the waist up and I look like I have huge cow udders now. I have lost fat in them and they are droopier than they were before. That on top of the fact I HATE bras (though I wear them outside the house and should all the time I know) which doesn't help anything! :lol: It is good to hear from you btw!

Carri: I eat some type of frozen meal for lunch almost everyday. I really like the Healthy Choice ones and Lean Cuisine more than the WW ones though. I had this chicken and noodle thing last week that was really yummy and only like 270 cal. I usually eat it with a serving of fruit. I know they are sodium laden, but I try to cut my salt in other areas,

It is horribly hot and humid here today and it just going to get worse. I can't afford to keep the AC going at like 60 degrees and I think it is probably just too small for the whole condo. Even dh is hot and he NEVER gets hot. I just run portable fans to stir up the ac air and aid in cooling it off here. I wish they would get the cover off the pool so the water would start warming up. I doubt it is a solar cover since the association is a bunch of cheap skates!

I better skedaddle for the evening. Have a good one girls!

Amanda Panda
05-18-2004, 08:34 PM
Hi all!

I've been doing okay - considering I still have PMS and am having strange side effects from coming off one anti depressant and starting another.....I don't know whether I'm coming or going! :lol:

My new pills are making me a bit light headed , so I am not sure whether I should go to the gym - I don't want to faint and make a fool of myself! I've spent the last couple of days cleaning my house a bit at a time - I've still got lots to do, but at least it gets me moving a little bit. Here is an example of how poor I am at cleaning ....I hadn't vacuumed for so long that I had to spend over an hour cleaning the hoover as it was so filthy and dusty!! :lol: :rofl: Talk about making things harder for myself! :lol3:

Jaymi - I agree with everyone else - I think you should try to build up your calories a little and cut down on the exercise . Take the advice from the women in this group - Faye, Carri and Julie have all been at this a while and have lost alot of weight, so they know what they are talking about! The worst thing for your body is to go into 'starvation mode' as it will muck up your metabolism and make it really hard to lose weight. I think that is what I've done by gaining and losing the same 10lbs or so over 10 years! :lol: Stick with this group and you'll get all the support you need - no need to bottle thiings up here - it's cheaper than therapy, and there is alot of wisdom here!

Faye - I love your decorating - I LOVE sunflowers, so I love the border!

Carri - OK it's bugging me now - who is the band/singer in your new avatar?

Cat - A belated happy birthday to you - you have the same birthday as my little nephew Kai, who was 4! :hb: :hat: :balloons:

Welcome back Jessica!

Keep up the good work everyone else

Love Amanda xxx

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-18-2004, 09:02 PM
:) Hi everyone :)

More people I havent met.... YAY!! :cp:

Hello to: SandyBrat!!! :wave:

Ok I'mma try to get your names right today....

Faye- You are just letting it all hang out :o That is just too funny. But unfortunately I've got :moo: cow utters :moo: too!!! You are still too hilarious! :lol: I have to wear like 3 bras because they hurt too bad, and they are sooo heavy, then when I take my bras off, they are sore!! I eat Healthy Choice dinners too! I think that's why my calories are kinda low.

SandyB- I'm Jaymi, a.k.a. the whiny baby of the group!! LOL Nice to meet you!! Let's switch hubbies then, I'll take yours and you take mine... Mine talks too much and when he does say something :nono: It's usually the wrong thing! :lol:

Carri- Sounds great...I need some sun too!!! My daughter doesnt though!! :lol:

Beth- I guess I'm just a straight weirdo!!! I'm the only person on here who actually likes fat free stuff!! :lol: Oh well, I only eat the f/f mayo, cheese, and salad dressing. You are right, the other stuff tastes better, but what the heck! I'll try the milk, I need the calcium anyway.. thanx!

Carri- Ok, I think I got your name right!! :lol: I swear I've never seen a weight watchers meal!!! Lean Michelina's have the points on them too! I love them the most, especially the spaghetti. I dont know really what points are good or bad, but the spaghetti one is 5 pts/280 calories.

Julie- I love splenda...I use that in my tea too...when I make it. I just use regular Lipton tea. Caffeine doesnt seem to have an affect on me unless it's the kind in the diet pills!! :lol: I could drink 2 cups of coffee and go right to sleep...trust me done it before!! :lol: Glad you're not stressed anymore too!!!

Well first I gotta tell ya about what happened a few minutes ago... Since you are the only friends I got :^: You are the only ones I can tell...except for my hubby. I was out walking the puppy today and all of a sudden I looked and I saw the biggest and only aligator in my life!!! :fr: We live in some Golf villas and there is a lake behind our condo, I'd have to say 5 feet away or so. The people were just playing golf around it like it was a statue or something. I thought I had saw one the other day in the water but my hubby said it was probably a stick or something...Some Stick!! I flew in the house and got the video camera so I could zoom in to make sure...and It was in it's defensive mode with it's head up and mouth open...But they were just playing golf like oh whatever!! Crazy rich people! :lol: Then I looked in the water and saw what looked like little baby alligators. Good thing I dont let my kids play outside!!! I saw the "dont feed the alligator sign" but I still didnt think they'd actually be one out there!!!

Ok, since everyone seems to think that I look like my profile, I've been thinking about showing you all a pic of me now so you won't think I'm small!! But I only have one of me when I was my biggest!! I hate pictures of myself...really but I'll show you all because I know you wont laugh at me :lol: Too bad. One is of me at about 180 and one will be at 165.

Ok all, I will let you all go now. Talk with yaw'l later, If you want, let me know and I will put up a picture of the kids. Now I'm not embarrassed of them! :lol: Hope everyone has a good day!!

gigglez
05-19-2004, 07:55 AM
Morning chickies!

Been a little on the crazy side here. I thought the other night I was going to have a breakdown. I think that my vacation is not going to come fast enough to suit me. I guess that this is Wednesday so I can voice my woe. So here goes....Last week I worked myself to death(only at one job this time)pulled 60 hours. To add to that Corey's meds are doing as well as they should or it is the excitement of school about to be over with. I can deal with the hyperactivity but when I am stressed out and tired I wish that he would just calm down his mouth. That is the one thing that comes with the ADHD that his meds don't slow down. Then to make matters worse yesterday one of my friends was going to bring her son over to play and then she called and said that she couldn't take him anymore and was going to sent him to spend the night. For some reason I seem to have a sign on my forhead that reads drop everyone off at Sandy's she doesn't need rest. Whenever I tell people no they go ahead and drop off kids anyway. I have been tempted to call child welfare and tell them that I have a child here that isn't suppose to be here get it back to its parents. But everyone knows that I am too soft hearted. Ok rambled on long enough.

Cat happy belated! Hope that you had a great birthday.

Faye, I like the boarder. The color isn't my favorite but you have done a wonderful job in redoing the room. I guess that I tend to stick to more softer colors on a wall.

Jaymi, you look good in those pics. I agree about more calories. The best peice of advice I was ever given was that your matoblism is like a fire and you have to fuel it correctly to loose wieght.

Everyone have a great day.

hugs
sandy

gma22
05-19-2004, 08:53 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Woe away girls!!!!!

Jaymi: you are a beautiful young woman and stil DO NOT LOOK FAT! I understand the boob dilemna though! :lol:

Sandy: The reason I picked yellow is because I needed a change from blue for one thing. My homes have always been white walls because of renting and I swore when I moved I was going to COLOR COLOR COLOR and boy I did. The living room opens up into the kitchen so they are two shades of blue with the kitchen being one shade lighter, you saw the dining room, the hall is a lime green, the downstairs bath is 2 shades of aqua the hallway upstairs is a shade lighter of the yellow, our room is gray and red with one wall being gray and red striped, one bathroom is gray and red and the other one is lavender and beige, dh's office is cream walls and crimson trim (he is an Indiana U fan, which are their colors), my office is wallpapered completely with hot air balloons and in blue (this was my grandson's first room when he came home from the hospital, and my dd and I did the whole room while she was 8 months pregnant so I refuse to change it!) I really just love color and decorating and so have had fun with this. As for the kids, you need to NOT ANSWER THE DOOR WHEN THEY SHOW UP AFTER TELLING THEM NO! If they are rude enough to ignore what you say, then you should be rude enough to make a point otherwise like Dr Phil said, you pretty much deserve what you get. Get tough girl. You work too hard to have to put up with other people's kids all the time.

Amanda: Sorry you are feeling poorly. I know med changes of any kind can really screw with your body and head. You are doing great so just keep plugging away and when you can't go to the gym, do some good old fashioned stretching exercises at home or some weights, using canned goods or whatever if you don't have dumbbells.

I am working my way back down to 300 again. I have felt so lousy with the menopause stuff that my poor dh is worried sick, but I just have to suck it up and go on. I am down 4lbs since Monday so at least I am back on track. I did eat bread bread bread and not much else yesterday. Not for comfort food, but because I baked lowfat biscuits that I freeze for Jack's breakfast and yeast rolls for dinner last night. I still stayed under my cal and fat even with all the bread stuff but then that was breakfast and lunch and dinner I had a great lowfat stew which I am putting below. You have to try this as it is great and one pan and better than the other one I put up the other day.

Have a great day girls!

BEEF STEW PREHEAT OVEN TO 500 DEGREES

1 LB LEAN STEW CUBES
1 1/2 C FF OR LOWFAT CANNED BEEF BROTH
FLOUR
PAM
3 MEDIUM PEELED POTATOES CHUNK CUT
1 SMALL PACKAGE OF BABY CARROTS
1 CLOVE GARLIC CHOPPED
1 1/2 TEASPOON THYME

FLOUR BEEF CUBES, TAKE A STEW POT OR DUTCH OVEN PAN AND SPRAY WITH PAM, DROP IN CUBES, SPRAY TOP OF CUBES. PLACE POT IN OVEN FOR 20 MINUTES. REMOVE PAN FROM OVEN TO STOVE TOP AND POUR BROTH INTO PAN LOOSENING DRIPPINGS FROM BOTTOM OF PAN. STIR WELL AND ADD THYME AND GARLIC. COOK ON MEDIUM LOW HEAT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR OR UNTIL MEAT IS TENDER. ADD ANOTHER CAN OF BROTH IF IT SEEMS DRY THEN ADD CARROTS AND POTATOES AND CONTINUE TO COOK FOR ABOUT 25 MINUTES UNTIL CARROTS AND POTATOES ARE TENDER.

zookeeper
05-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Hi all!

We caved in and turned on the A/C last night - the humidity was just killing me. We only turned it to 78, but it still seemed SO much better since the air was drier. Humidity was at 93% yesterday. YUCK!! :hot:

I'm a fan of the Healthy Choice dinners, too. The chicken parmesan is yummy, and they include veggies which I am not always good about cooking if it's up to me. I've been bringing measured portions of nuts as a snack for work since they're full of healthy fats and protien (plus almonds have some calcium) and keep me full longer than other snacks. I measure out 1/4 cup into a little tupperware container and throw it in my purse when I leave home.

I take a prenatal vitamin every day - I work in an OB/GYN office, so we always have samples that are about to expire. I also hope to conceive one of these months, but it's not happening as easily / quickly as I'd hoped. I guess that's my woe. Another TOM reared it's head this morning. I try to stay positive, thinking I can keep losing weight (hopefully, anyway!) until I finally do get pregnant.

Sandy - sounds typical that the sweetest people end up getting taken advantage of by others. I agree with Faye that you absolutely have the right to refuse to give in to other people's rudeness and pushiness. I send you thoughts of strength against the advantage-takers!!

Faye - I adore fresh bread! That and pasta, which is why I have never stayed on any type of low carb diet. I'd rather be able to enjoy foods I love in little portions.

Jaymi - an alligator! Wow! I can't imagine what I'd do if I just ran into one. Of course, I live in Ohio, so it would be REALLY surprising up here! I agree with everyone that you look lovely, and are too hard on yourself (like many of us, of course).

Amanda - I hope your new med works out for you. It took me a while (years) to find what works for me, and it ended up being a combination of 2 meds. I didn't like the idea of taking 2, but it ended up being worth it for how much better I feel. One of the ones I tried made me REALLY dizzy, and I ended up stopping it for a lot of reasons, but theoretically the dizziness should get better with some time.

Have a great day!

Mirabelly
05-19-2004, 10:02 AM
Morning Lovelies!

Hey Jaymie, You Look MAAHHVELOUS, Dahling! What a beautiful smile you have. Stick with us, kiddo, and we'll help you get to where you want to be :D I saw an alligator once when I was in South Carolina.........scary. Then again, I'm not exactly a reptile lover!!! I freak out at the little garter snakes we have around here. :lol:

Well, I had a 3 pointer yesterday. It rained all day and was quite cold, so I didn't end up with any exercise. I know, lame excuse! But I've already walked today and have dance class tonight......so today should be a 4 pointer.

Don't really have any woes today......just trying to get life back to normal.

Sandy---do you trust these "friends" of yours enough to just drop your kids off for the night? Cuz that might just open their eyes a little. :lol: Unfortunately, I don't trust many people to care for my kids the way I would... Hope your work schedule calms down a bit this week

Amanda--keep the faith, babe....we're all behind you and you're doing great! Switching meds can be a real pain.....that's how I ended up with all 3 of my kids!! :lol3:

Faye, that recipe looks yummy!

Well, guess I gotta fly........Everyone have a great day!
Julie

Satine
05-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Morning All, Weds Woes would be that the little ants have returned to my kitchen for the summer, I got this last summer and I put out all these traps and it seemed to help some, anybody ever had this problem? If so what did you do about it? I may have had this same woe last week, who knows, it is "bugging" me, literally :lol:

Faye - Funny about the boobs, I have lost alot of mine, I think the 35 pounds that I have lost have been all boobs, and my dh is not happy about it...but what I like is mine are not sagging as much anymore and seem to be perking up so I like that....

Amanda - BTW, it is David Gahan from Depeche Mode, my all time favorite band, I couldnt figure out how to do it so my dh did and this is what he came up with, I like it...the man is gorgeous ( and of course so is my dh ) :)

Jaymi - I thought your pictures looked great, I wish I was at your size!!!

Zookeeper - You say you "caved" and turned on the A/C? Oh it has been so hot here that we have had ours on for a while, once that humidity kicks in I cannot stand it, I have to have it on...

Well everyone have a good day, talk later...

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-19-2004, 11:52 AM
:wave: Hi everyone!! :wave:

Ok I'm gonna try to keep this short...well my version of short anyway,. so that i can get ready to go to my son's school for the picnic lunch. Dreading it a little. Does anyone else feel like they don't belong around everyone else? We popped in at the school carnival last week and we felt like outcasts. Ok so I know we've only been here since January, but sheesh!!

Ok, No woes today... got out all my woes today in my journal, so I'm going to go for a record no complaining today!! :lol:

Ok forgot names already so, work on it later.... :p

Satine- Thanks for the compliment, hey just think, when I started I was 200 pounds, so you will be my size soon!!! Ants....hate em' I just spray everything with ant spray!!! :lol: Not a good suggestion, but that's what I do!!

Julie- Thanks! The funny thing is I wasnt scared to death of the alligator, but if a little lizard walks by I freak out!!! That's where I am SC.

ZooKeeper- The part of Tx I'm from humidity would be 100% almost everyday during summer and it's about 98% here in SC. Doesnt bother me much because the air is always on!! Even in the winter some times!! :lol: Hey I tell my husband, yeah the lightbill might be high, but you are just gonna have to pay it. He's not gonna have me stuck in here with some kids sweating my butt off!!! :lol: I like the chicken parmes...too lol. I also like the chicken margerita. But I'm kind of tired of it right now.

Faye- Thankx alot, but you are not the first person that has said I wasnt fat. But that's not what my size 16 jeans say...or my cellulite and stretch marks!!! :lol: Dont seem like grossing you out would be easy though!!! But hey, if that would go away...the heck with the weight!! Gonna try that recipe, do you know approx calories?

Sandy- I agree with Faye. DONT Answer the door!! I've done it!! I can be a real meany when I want to, but hey I can barely stay sane with my own kids....I have retired from babysitting ANYONE!!! You might just have to go off on them!! :lol: Seriously they drop off their kids and think, we'll she's not going to say anything. So you tell them.. who cares they'll get over it. And if not....they werent your real friends anyway because one friend shouldnt expect another to babysit their kids. If you ask for their kids to come over, then that's different.

Amanda- sorry missed your post yesterday. You should definately take it easy right now. Pills can make you crazy and give you all types of side affects....just ask my Birth control pills I've ditched. Things will get better soon, and you can also do exercises at home. Do floor exercises so that if you feel faint, you'll already be on the floor!! That's what I do!! :lol:

Ok this is my short version, now I gotta go shower and get me and baby dressed for the freakin picnic!! I havent even eaten breakfast yet..... :nono:
I know I know baaaad girl. But I was so upset this morning, so not hungry. Well i'll check back later.. hope everyone's day goes well. Bye All!

bluekitty
05-19-2004, 12:11 PM
Morning Chickies!

I'm new to this thread, so hello!! I'm new to this boring big suburb, and need to make friends...but I am very shy since I've put on the chubbies. Any suggestions on what I can do to make friends? I've moved around a lot when I was a kid, but I never had a problem making friends...it would just happen. As a young married mother, it's a little more difficult. Any ideas??

Sarah :coffee:

Scuzin
05-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Hi All, Sorry I've not been around for a while. I'll be trying to get back on track in the next few days. The end of term is comming though so its not goint to be easy. My Woe is that I'm worried about what I'm going to do over the summer. I'll have very little control over what I'll be eating because I'll be living in my parent's house most of the time and I will no longer have access to a gym. I guess I'll just have to be doubly determined...I did manage to lose some weight last summer uner the same circumstances.
I'm a little dissappointed in myself. I weigh about what I did in december. I feel like I've waisted 4 months. I used the last month taking off what I had GAINed in that time and have made no real positive progress.

Anyway - Happy Belated Birthday Cat!!!!!!!!!!
Great Pic Jaymi!
You too julie!

gma22
05-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Woohoo, I am done with the housecleaning! Doesn't mean I will relax. I told dh the other night there is one thing no one can say about me is that I am lazy and a couch potato. Just for example, I had everything done but vacuuming living room rug and I had like the pets dishes and rugs from the kitchen on the living room rug waiting for the floor to dry. Perfect time to sit down and catch a breather and drink a glass of water right???? I sat down alright, took one sip of water, got up, vacuumed the rug and moved the kitchen rugs and then put them back down again. Now all I can think about is getting out in this heat and getting a walk in for the day. Sheesh, I am totally screwed up!

Hello to our newest member, Sarah! It is great to meet you and we have a real variety of ages, sahm, working moms, sahgm (me!) etc etc. As for needing to make friends, first off you have to be a friend to have friends so I would suggest a couple things. If you have little ones at home, check into reading days at your local library, play groups you might get into, volunteer at a hospital, shelter or what not, at your kids school if they are in school. I am NOT shy so I don't know what it is like actually, but you can make lots of friends a lot of places. Go to the park with the kids and sit down next to another mother and strike up a conversation about which ones are her kids, etc. DO NOT BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SIZE. You have to stand proudly, stick that chin out and know there is nothing wrong with your size. We are glad you come here and feel free to join into anything we have going. If you look at the very first post, you will see what I mean. We have quarterly challenges where you can win a $30 gift card, there are points each day for staying on whatever weight loss program you use, drinking your water for the day, exercising, etc. You can ask any questions here and we will try and answer them for you.

Susan: Listen sweety, you MUST and I repeat MUST set your mind to the fact that you will be SUCCESSFUL over the summer otherwise you are doomed! Our minds are probably our best and worst weight loss tool. If you have already started stressing over food, exercise and such, you can't possibly be successful. Make a commitment today that you are going to find a way to exercise everyday, walk if you have to, that you are going to eat properly and JUST SAY NO! I know you can do it!

Jaymi: I think the recipe feeds 4 and is only about 200 cal per serving. You can add other veggies if you like, my dh just is not a veggie eat so I only put in potatoes and carrots.

I guess I better get off my behind and get out and walk or it will be so hot I won't be able to.

bluekitty
05-19-2004, 01:27 PM
Faye, Thank you for the suggestions. You had some real great ideas. I am thinking about joining a church anyhow so maybe I can get over the shy stuff and meet people. $30 gift card sounds pretty enticing!!

Susan, I am originally from Portland, moved to Seattle now in Dallas. I completely understand about gaining what weight I lost. I used to be 70 lbs. thinner and had been way overweight before that. I had went from 198 to 150 now I'm well past 200. Keep your spirits up and realize most of us here have been through what you're going through.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!

Sarah

Scuzin
05-19-2004, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the encouragement!
And Welcome Sarah! I think we were posting at the same time earlier so I didn't get to welcome you then. I live in Corvallis currently for school, but I lived in a couple of the southern Portland suburbs most of my life. And I was born in TX...guess we've just switched places! (I'm not from TX though...my father just had a job there for a few years)
Hope all of you are well.

cat90
05-19-2004, 02:26 PM

Looks like my B/D turned into a 3 day event :lol: HELP! :eek: thought i'd be back on track yesterday but i was'nt :dunno: i've got to be today :) start nagging girls ;)

Jaymi, bring on the pics :D you look great in all of them!

Susan, chin up! If you weigh the same as you did in December then you HAVE MADE PROGRESS because you've at least stopped gaining :D i'm sure you'll be able to eat good food at your parents won't you? and if you're worried about not getting to a gym you could always go for a walk after dinner or even a jog. I'm sure you'll do fine :D

Hi Sarah :wave: welcome to the thread :D

gma22
05-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Sarah: My husband has family that live in Dallas and Mineral Wells. I love it there and wanted to live there when my dh retired from the military, but dh wanted to live in my home town so that is where we went. We were in Dallas with our dd and dgs 2 years ago and went to that place outside of Dallas called Fossil Ridge or Fossil something and the wild animals all roam free and you drive through the place. It was the coolest thing we have ever done and I have this great pic of this gazelle like animal coming up to the car and sticking his head in the window to get a good look at my grandson! I really love the Dallas area. We had a great time down in Forth Worth at the stockyards too. Gosh, I should be whipped with a wet noodle for not suggesting church, but so many people don't want that talked about. You can find the best friends there. I know we have friends all over the country we met in churches wherever we were stationed and when you are in trouble, they are the ones that come to your aid. I saw on your profile that you are a scrapbooker. Me, too, I actually have 7 going all at once. If you want something that is cool, start a weight loss scrapbook. I am pming you my website. go there and it has a link to my scrapbook pages (I am woefully behind I am afraid! I have been working on the house too much)

Have a good afternoon ladies. Tonight is Chicken Rice casserole and here is that recipe for those of you who are interested.

CHICKEN CHEESE RICE BAKE
4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 cup uncooked rice
1 can ff or lowfat cream of chicken soup
1 cup water
1/2 cup velvetta lite and 2 tablespoons skim or 1% milk (melted)
1/4 cup bread crumbs
paprika

preheat oven to 375, mix water, rice, soup together and place rice mixture in a 3 qt baking dish sprayed with Pam and place chicken on top of the rice. Melt velvetta and milk together and stir until smooth, pour melted velvetta over chickent and sprinkle with paprinka and bread crumbs. Bake for one hour, remove chicken, stir rice before serving. This one is really good and pretty low fat about 325 calories per serving and it serves 4

Faye ;)

beth_on_the_beach
05-19-2004, 03:11 PM
Hello All,

Boy I feel behind today after seeing all the posts! That's what I get for sleeping late. Things are good here, on-plan and nothing having too much trouble with that.

Sarah - Welcome. I was born in Seattle and was raised there and then lived there for awhile as an adult. I also lived in Portland. In fact I went to Portland St. Univ. I'm in Florida now and miss the Northwest.

Let's see as for woes I guess I have two of them. One small one large.

1) I bought two cans of tuna yesterday. I didn't realize until I opened one of them to use it that I had gotten one can packed in water and the other in oil. I had opened the one in oil. What a mess. Just nasty. I ended up rinsing as much oil as I could off it and used it, but I just don't understand why anyone would want tuna packed in oil. As I said it is a little woe lol.

2) Now my bigger one and what has been bothering me lately. I'm in the process of selecting graduate schools to apply to for next year. My first problem is that the program I want isn't offered in many places. The second problem is I have a b/f in CT. The third problem is my parents live in SC. I wanted to find a school near the b/f but life keeps getting in the way of our relationship so now I'm not so sure it would be worth making him a factor in my school choice. I'm crazy about the man. I've never met anyone like him and he is amazing. Having said that there are problems we can't seem to get around. I like to think that if I was in CT we could work those out or they would go away, but I think I'm fooling myself. Then on to my parents. My father is about my most favoriate person in the whole world. I know my folks want me to go to school near them. The problem, I hate SC. The thing is I know my father counts on me for companionship and friendship. He doesn't get alot of that from my mother. I also have the problem that I don't really want to live in a large city, but I would like to live in a community that has a more intellectual base, which means a large city. I would also enjoy going to school in the UK. So...I feel guilty about my parents, my father is 73, and it will be another 5 years before I finish my masters and phd...I worry about him dying and me not having the time spent with him that I want to before that happens. I'm sad about the issues with my b/f. I want very much to have a life with him and hate to give up that dream. He wants me to go to school near him, but I worry I would do that and then never see him which will be even more upsetting. Then I try to weigh in what I want, as in location. I simply don't know what to do. I have this summer to figure it out. What should be an exciting process and an interesting time to look forward to have turned into a nightmare. Well that's my woe for today.

Have a good one everyone,

Beth

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-19-2004, 07:08 PM
:mad: Ok, now I'm even more pissed!!! Sorry chickies, as if my day wasnt bad enough, I had wrote this loooooong post pouring my heart out to everyone and then aol just cuts off.....cuts off!!!! SUCKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :devil:

Ok((((breathe)))). Sorry chickies....but that really makes me mad!!! You wouldnt believe how long it even takes to read the posts with this slow dial-up so trying to post takes even longer!! But enough about that I'll try to remember all I said...but doubt it.

:cheer: Hi Sarah!! :cheer: Welcome! Ok, the chickies on here are AWESOME!!! They are very supportive and they know their stuff!! There's a lot of different opinions and different ages, but they all are totally smart! As for me, I'm the baby of the group, I say that because they always have to baby me to get me on track!! :lol: As far as making new friends :dunno: I moved to KY for 5 mths and didnt make not 1 friend, then I've been in SC for 5 1/2 mths and havent made any here either. I'm born and raised in TX, so that's where all of my friends are. I guess I havent made any because I dont wanna lose anymore! But we are in the same boat, both mommys and wifeys!! :lol: So I would suggest church as a very good way to meet people, and go to a park or other places where there will be mommies!! You will find someone soon... But I guess we'll all have to do for now!!! :lol:

Faye- How'z about cleaning my house!?!? Please?!?!? pretty please?!!? :lol: Well no wonder you lose so much weight at a time....YOU NEVER STOP!! Hey I wanna see the scrapbook too!!! :sorry:

Scuzin- I spilled my gutz on the other post, but what I'm going to say will be shorter this time! :lol: You will just have to do whatever it takes. Walks outside, or do workouts off of TV or bring your own Tapes or DVD's. And if you have to eat what your parents cook, just eat smaller portions. If your'e really serious about this then put your all into it!!! You won't be alone, because I"m going to TX next week, but hey I'm not giving up!!

Cat90- :drill: Ok Soldier!!! Party's over!!! Now Get back to WORK!!!! :drill: But I'm glad that you enjoyed your b-day, unlike me who's usually at home with the kids watching tv!! :lol: :coach: Now I wanna see some exercises and some lower calories...Capiche?!?! (oops that's italian)

Beth- I'm not a pro like the others on here, but I know that if you are gonna consider anyone other than yourself, it should be your parents. I say that because of what you said about your father, Mine just had heart surgery and my grandmother. My personal choice, from past experiances, is to just grab your parents and hugg them until they start hitting you because you're choking them!!! :lol: This is gonna sound really hypocritical, but I'm gonna say it and then tell you why. I think that you should not make your b/f a factor in your school choice. I know you love the guy, but why can't he move closer to be by you? And what if it doesnt work out and you're stuck somewhere you don't want to be? The reason I say I'm being hypocritical is because I would love to finish school and be closer to my family, but I cant because I have a family to raise with my husband. But I promise you, if he was just my b/f, I'd go home!!!! Can you transfer from place to place? If so, hey you could always go closer to parents or b/f then to the Uk! But if all was said and done and my parents needed me, I'd be in TX in a snap, and my hubby would just have to accept it. Not trying to give you bad advice!! :^: Just my opinion. I dont want you to ever give up any of your dreams!!! But if you are willing to move closer to him, then he should be willing to move closer to you!

Well my day hasnt been 4 pts because I havent eaten enough. Only a sandwich and apple all day. :coffee2: *Hide from Everyone!!* SOOOO upset after this morning's mishap that I just lost my appetite. I will eat again in a few...but I wont catch up with the calories today. Well other than that water and exercise were good. I dont know how many oz, but it was alot!! I did 45 Minutes Denise Austin, 25 Minutes WATP and 60 mins on treadmill.

Went to my son's school picnic today. My daughter was sooo sleepy, but how can I pick one child over the other? Well my daughter can sleep later, but my son's picnic was only today! So it was kool, except that i wore a black shirt and the sun acted like it wanted to set me on fire!!! My daughter came home and went straight to sleep. Well hopefully if the computer doesnt cut off again I can attach pictures of the kids. Bye you all!! Have A Good DAY!!

gigglez
05-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Jaymi those kids are darlins

gma22
05-20-2004, 06:45 AM
THURSDAY: today is Time for Us Thursday! Make time for you today girls!

Beth: I don't presume to be the smartest person on earth, but I am pretty perseptive and the one thing I keep seeing is like so many of us do, consider everyone else but ourselves. I know it is difficult leaving romance behind and I know being close to a parent is important, though I am sure your dad would certainly get along without you being there as he has this long. I think you need to just consider YOU! What school would best benefit what you are trying to achieve and what you want to do with your life. It is not selfish to think this way. Your dad may seem old, but unless he is in very poor health, you can still have time with him.

Jaymi: The children are beautiful. As for my scrapbook, I will send you my website by pm.

Have a great day ladies. It is commissary day for me and you KNOW HOW I LOVE THAT! I should be called medicare shopping! :lol: I realize I am only about 15 years from there, but sheesh the store is loaded with retirees and some of the men in their motorized scooters are plain rude little buggers!

knobhdy
05-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Hi Ladies,
I know I have been MIA, but my computer died (hard) about two weeks ago and I have not been able to fix it.
Life is good but have been very stressful reciently. Still I have been very good with the eating, well mostly good and I lost 2 lbs last week. We will see if I can continue the trend.
I am sorry I can't stay longer. I am on a public computer.
:wave:

Satine
05-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Hi all, hope you are doing well....I got three points yesterday, I am just glad I was able to stay OP for three days in a row since the big blow out this weekend. I am also going to have a hard time this weekend as my ds is having a bday party for her son ( he will turn one ), and everyone is making food, pitch in, and I am supposed to bring my homemade macaroni and cheese...and they are grilling out...it is going to be hard but I really want to stay OP this one...my Mom said that she would make me some homemade fruit salad so that I wouldnt eat cake ( she is so good to me ) and then I can bring my own lean hamburgar to grill and hope it does not get mixed up with the others... :lol: Anyway wish me luck!!! Well it is two days away but still need the luck, ha

Knobhdy - Sorry to hear about your computer, may it rest in peace :rofl:

Beth - Boyfriends come and go, your parents gave you life...spend time with them while you can so you wont regret it later...my 2 cents :)

Jaymi - The kids are cuties!!! :flow1:

Faye - Have fun at the commissary, I really need to get to the store myself
I am out of just about everything, but I do not like going so I tend to wait until we are eating crackers for dinner :lol:

Everyone have a great day, looks stormy outside here, we had thunderstorms yesterday, looks like we may be having them again this morning!!

gma22
05-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Well, I am back from the pit of ****! :lol: I am not sure whether I mean Walmart or the commissary as they were both nightmares. This old lady in her scooter was shopping with her dd and they kept blocking the aisles with their scooter and cart. I was good ladies, counted to 10 and didn't go into attack mode like I usually do! I went to the Walmart closest to home and the lousy one that doens't have self checkers so I could get puppy pads, Jack's special shaving cream, which I buy in bulk since WM is the only place that carries it anymore and my healthy choice meals for my lunches. Still spent $41 there!

Okay, I have been lousy with points lately so I am going to try to make sure I get them. I know a lot of you are not doing pts and that is fine, but I tend to miss the ones that do report. Ok here goes for yesterday and today and if I didn't get you, let me know and I will post you..

Julie: :cp: WHERE ARE YOU TODAY????????
Faye :bravo: :dancer:
Jaymi :dancer:
Carri :cp:

I gotta go and get dh from work. I haven't been home all day except to drag in groceries and put them away. Oh, guess what dh did? Left 6 50 lbs bags of marble chips in the trunk that I had to lug out to go to the grocery store. Man, I may have to withhold the nooky for that one! :o :^: :D

Sandybrat
05-20-2004, 04:30 PM
hi again... thanks Faye... its nice to be back as well. 4 points yesterday. Field trip to the park with my youngest...lol it was lots of fun. Jami i think you r Beautiful, and those babies... gorgeous. I have been craving sweets lately and its been driving me nutz... so i had a handful of honey roasted peanuts yesterday. But this time of month is hard so i am not feeling guilty or getting down on myself at all. Balance... thats the key. Beth... i agree with Faye... we so often put our own needs last that we soon forget how to actually make choice for ourselves. I think that figuring out what school will give u the best is great advice. I also agree with Jami... any realationship had to have compromise if its going to be successful. Talk to your bf about him moving as well... possibly u could meet in the middle...lol Well its a gorgeous day out there and i have been in here doing laundry all day so far... i am going out to get some sun... love to u all... remember to take care of U
Sandy

mscat816
05-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Hi Chickies! I have been MIA - Just as soon as I got back from a week long conference I had to take off for a 4 day weekend at Disneyworld with my DH, DD, and 6 in-laws!!!! :yikes: Despite the potential for a vacation from **** all went very well and we had a great time.

I got my exercise in everyday and took bottled water to the park but I was not on plan. Surprisingly, I was up only 3 lbs when I got back. :cheer: I am back at work and exhausted needing a vacation from the vacation! I am working on my first 50 oz bottle of water as we speak.

Faye - we haven't done another thing on our bathroom! I am sooo tired of looking at dirt and studs - I admire you for the things you are getting done on your house!

Cat - Happy belated!:hb:

Welcome Sara and Jaymi!

Beth - I grew up in Ohio and after my family kept migrating to Houston - I packed up my 2 kids, sold everything and went to live there. I was only there for a year when I met my husband who's job brought us to MI - didn't know anyone! I am a beauty consultant so I was able to connect with women in our organization right away. I agree with others who have said - do what is best for you. I miss my family too, but I have had some great opportunities here.

My Time for Me activity today - a long soak in some new bath crystals I bought!

mscat sw238/cw232/gw140

beth_on_the_beach
05-20-2004, 05:05 PM
Hello All,

I tried to post earlier, but my computer has been doing strange things today and I gave up.

Thanks for all the advice. I will give it some hard thought over the next couple of months then I'll have to make my decision.

Not much going on here. Just hot, hot, hot. I hate Florida in the summer, and it's only May! This should be my last here, thank goodness.

Diet is going well. I haven't been reporting points, but no reason not to. I get 4 for yesterday. I might as well report them when I have something good to report lol.

I found the most interesting book at the library yesterday and thought I would pass on the title. It is called..."Intimate Voice from the first world war". It is made up of journal entries and letters from men at the front and men and woman caught in the fighting due to where they lived. The journals are from all countries in the war. It is just really interesting, if not more than a bit sad. I've had a hard time putting it down since I got it yesterday. It is just amazing the waste of life over nothing in that war, and the way people suffered. The authors or I should say editors are Svetlana Palmer and Sarah Wallis. It is interesting how shocked we are by a few hundred deaths and this war had millions and millions, but then in the second world war over 270 million people worldwide died as a direct result of the war. I think the younger generations forget or don't realize what their grandparents went through.

Anyway it really brings history alive if anyone is interested.

I have been waiting by the mail for my check. I spend a lot of time doing that lol, but it finally came. I think I might get out of the house for a meal. I haven't done anything for a couple of weeks now so it would be nice.

Faye - I know how you feel with the old people in the stores. I try hard not to go to the store on the 3rd when I think most people get their social security checks. Those old ladies can be mean!

Beth

cat90
05-20-2004, 05:17 PM

I'm back on track at last :lol: was getting worried there for a minute :eek: managed to walk/jog a couple of miles this morning too :cb: i will have gained this week but it won't be as bad as it would have been if i'd carried on celebrating :crazy:

Jaymi, your kids are adorable :love: is that a real setting behind Jariel? or was it in a photographers studio? i'm asking cos it looks an awful lot like it could have been taken here :lol:

Faye, your grandson is a cutie too ;) i guess hubby was making sure you got your exercise in by leaving the marble chips in the trunk :lol:

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Took so long writing my post 2 people posted before me!! So here we go!

:wave: Hi Everyone! :wave:

Well yesterday was ok...I did finally eat later on. One of those Healthy Choice meals, 310 calories. But my calories were still too low....I forced myself to eat that!

Well I've unleashed the beast today in my journal, so since yesterday was the day to let out my "woes" You all are free from the drama!! :lol: Thanks for the compliments on my kids!! Well I might not have this right but I'm going to try to do a WTG for a change. (dont feel like looking for the 1st page)

I wore shorts yesterday for the first time in 3 yrs!!!! Size 14 !!!! And I could breathe!!!!

Ok I have a question for everyone.....everyday around this time I feel faint and my vision is blurry. Almost like I'm soo sleepy that I can't keep my eyes open. It goes away after a couple of hours. I know what you all are gonna say about my calories..but even when I was eating more, I did that. Dont know might need I need a nap...but that's not gonna happen unless someone hit me over the head! Anyway any suggestion is always appreciated even if I'm getting griped at!! :lol:

Ok to the bad news.....Food was not good because I didnt eat breakfast.....again...WAS too pissed. :sssh: But anyway with all the other stuff that happened I did manage to poorly get in a 60 min Denise Austin routine....but not all the way because my daughter was rolling between my legs, slapping my butt, sitting on my tummy, grabbing my legs...you get the drift. :dizzy: I did finally eat a Bacon Ranch salad from MCD, but really just wanted to say S**** it and get a quarterpounder with cheese :burger: and supersized fry..... :mcd: But... I didnt. Ate half the salad, and drank a diet coke. Guess I'll bake some fish (or a fish) and maybe eat a couple of fries to up my calories...Good excuse right??? Hubby will be gone all night fishing. I still think drinking beer and fishing is a bad idea...but when you add a boat and night along with it...it's completely dumb.... But men... :lucky: Cant tell them nothing!

Ok, nuff about me today.

Faye- That carrot top is a cutie!!! :D I love it!! Wish I could squeeze his hair and put the color in a jar! Thanks will check out the scrapbook! Ok am i missing something? Should I take their pics down too? ROFL at the nooky comment. Hey You cheated!!!! What are YOU doing for yourself today?

Thanks gigglez! :thanks:

Hi :wave: Mscat816!!! :wave: Nice to meet you!!!

:wave: Hi knobhdy!!! :wave: Nice to meet you! Congrats on the 2 lbs! :goodscale

Satine- cant get your name for the life of me...but I will try harder next time!! :lol: Thanks about the rugrats! YAY YOU!! :hungry: Good going with bringing your own food! I like that idea, gotta try it next time.

:thanks: Sandy!!! Congrats on the 4 pt'er! :D Get some sun for me too!

Cat90- Thanks!!! I got them taken at Walmart...they owed me some free pics after they way they jilted me!! :lol:

Beth- war sucks!!!! My hubby didnt re-enlist, but he is still in the inactive reserves. They can call him and order him to report to any unit at anytime. His best friend, that's also from the same unit as him and is inactive also, just got a letter asking him to volunterily sign back up, but he might be ordered to report anyway. I refuse to let my hubby go...I will hide him the the closet or lock him in the trunk. I refuse to lose my husband to a war that doesnt even make sense. I'm not trying to get into politics, but you opened the door :lol:
Me and my hubby was arguing over Bush & Kerry. He doesnt like Bush, says he would rather anyone but him. I disagree, although either of us can vote because of all of this moving. I just dont see blaming one man on all the problems with the world. I dont think Kerry will bring the troops back if he gets elected either! Frankly whatever Bushes reasons are for doing what he's doing...maybe I'm a dummy, but I dont think it's his intent for soldier's to die. But why the h*** do we have to go over their and fix their country....Ours not even fixed!!!! And where the h*** is Bin Laden?!? :lol: Ok...that's it!! LOL

Well guess I'll just go lay my big butt down... tired of yelling at the rugrats...tired of yelling at the dog..No one listens to me anyway! :?: It's like the second time my throat is hurting from yelling and nothing happens... You know that yell when you are gritting your teeth and it's not really loud, but it's kinda like a growl?!?!? :lol:

Might get on the treadmill or do WATP if I get lonesome. Hate being here by myself. Hubby tried to make up for what he did or didnt do...not really all his fault, but today was just a crappy day to start, but he just cant seem to get it right. He sets an appointment for me to get my hair done...ok could he have asked me first?!?!? Maybe I didnt want to spend my Friday night at a beauty shop...But I guess that will be the "me" time that I'm supposed to have today.... I hate beauty shops though...take too long...and I get hungry!! Will have to take some fruits and water with me.

Ok enough rambling....Talk with you all later!! :wave: BYE! :wave:

Mirabelly
05-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Morning Ladies........
Oh, I guess it's evening isn't it? Sigh.

Sorry I didn't get in here earlier. I volunteer at an 18th century living history museum a few times a year and today was one of those days. Had to get up at 5am to get there by 8:30.....spent all day explaining weaving to little kids (while trying to keep my own 3 under control) and then drove home. I got back around 3:30 and went right to sleep. Just got up. Feel like bloated elephant crap!! I ate so much sugar today, and a burger king meal ......I just feel sick. Oh, AND it's TOM today, too. joy. Total lack of planning and sheer laziness to not pack a lunch or healthy snacks today. Bad Julie

So, I guess I'm detoxing over the weekend. Hubby is going to Canada to a medieval event up there. I was supposed to go, but I haven't recovered my energy from the show and decided to stay home. He needs a guy weekend anyway. THink I'll rent a bunch of girlie movies......any suggestions?

Geez, you gals have been so blabby today! Can't hardly keep up.....let's see.

Jaymie, your kids are just ADORABLE! I can tell where they get their smiles from. I would see a doctor about the dizziness and sleepy stuff....when I was a teenager I ate about the same amount you do now. I was a lifeguard at a pool for the summer, and I had problems with dizzy spells, and actually fainted once! Great lifeguard, huh :lol: You might have a gland out of whack or something, but probably you just need to eat more.

Knhbdy--sounds like your computer got the sasser virus about the same time I did. I finally got rid of most of it, but there are lingering problems. I'm probably going to have to nuke the whole machine and start over. Hope you figure things out soon! I had to have my husband download the patch at work because I couldn't get to the internet to fix the problem.

Welcome Sarah! One good way to make friends is to find something you like to do or Would like to learn and take a class. You can find people with similar interests...

Beth--you've got quite the dilema. I kinda agree with Faye, you need to look after your own best interests, but maybe you could manage to do that AND stay near your folks? Though if I had a chance to study in the UK, that's where I'D go!

Susan--I think it was you who was worried about the summer? Maybe you could have a talk with your mom and dad about all three of you working towards a healthier diet. If you pitched in with some of the cooking and shop with your family, it could be "quality time" with the folks AND you all benefit from getting healthier. Faye's right about you needing to have a good mindset! It sounds like you mind is trying to get you to give in to a summer of slackitude before you even get home. Stay Tough!! You can do it.

mscat--Welcome Back....those 3 pounds will come off in no time.

Carrie---It's just a barbeque! You can handle it......plan plan plan......if you go in knowing how you're going to handle everything, you'll do just great!

Ok, I probably missed someone, but I'm tired of typing :lol: Oh, Jaymie......Lay off the pastel colors, it's killing my eyes trying to read your posts!!!! :lol: :wink:

I'm off to make pina colada smoothies for the kids
Later babes,
Julie

gma22
05-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Julie: ME YOU FORGOT FEARLESS LEADER TODAY!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaymi: No, you do not ever have to take pictures down. I have a personal reason for not leaving it up more than a day and we need to just leave it at that. For gosh sakes, go to the doctor and get your glucose checked. Sounds like hypoglycemia to me. In other words, because of what you probably are NOT eating, your sugar takes a drastic drop around the same time everyday. You could be diabetic or have hypoglycemia either one. Try drinking a glass of orange juice or :yikes: eating a candy bar and see if the symptoms go away pretty quickly. If they do, I would run not walk to the doctors and get your sugar checked. Both of these diseases are DANGEROUS!

Cat: I said to dh when he got in the car this afternoon that I had a bone to pick with him and he said, "Why because of the stones in the trunk?" Then the snot laughed!

Beth: You are so right. Because war is a pretty foreign thing to most kids, at least as far as the 2 world wars and sacrifices that were made here in the states, kids have no idea. Even now, this is far away from kids unless their parent is in the military. My dh was in the Navy at the tail end of the VIetnam war and even then my kids didn't have that to deal with. I think it is pretty sad when people's prejudices as with WW2 try and get the public to believe that 2 million jews were not slaughtered by that madman. Actually, Adolf Hitler was mad, he was totally sane but a total sociopath. I guess I need to keep my opinions to myself because I lived the military life for 17 of the 20 years my husband was in the military and I know pretty much the bad and the good.

Mscat: I am OCD so honey if I start something the darn thing has to be finished! To be honest, this condo was worse than any haunted house when we moved in. Problems, filth and the like. We got is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP and have worked to get it looking like a home and it finally does if you don't look at the torn linoleum, stained and ripped carpets or plumbing that still has to be fixed! :lol: Just tiling the entranceway with ceramic tile and dh and I doing the labor is going to cost us an initial put out of $400! So, the flooring is going to be dragged out a bit!

SandyB: You know me, I don't believe in looking back only forward and I am proud of you for doing that. We can't get sloppy with our programs and lose control, but there are times it just plain doesn't go well and we have to learn to deal with that!

SandyB: :bravo:
Beth :bravo:

I am going to try hard and start a Happy Birthday "card" the fiirst of every month for whomever is having a birthday that month. I may need reminding, ok? I apologize for those of you who have had bdays Jan-May of this year! I promise to get to you next year or just join in on the first month I post it!

I am so mad! The outfit I got from dd for Mother's day shrunk! I went to put it on today and the pants barely would come up over my hips and the bottoms of the legs were so tight they practically cut off the circulation in my knees. I couldn't find the receipt she gave me so I went and bought a new set and am taking these back tomorrow and having them give me a refund. I followed the directions for drying them so I guess I will wash them and not dry them but just hang them up from now on. Bloody manufacturers anyway!

Well, I have blabbed and blabbed and really should go. Have good evening girls.

**Knobhody: Will post your loss tomorrow with the others! great job on the loss for the week!

gma22
05-21-2004, 07:06 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #69