Old 05-13-2004, 02:51 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Arby's Update

I had noticed that everytime I ate an Arby's low carb wrap I would stall. Looking the facts up on their website confused me. I mean how can this big ole wrap only have 1g in it when even la tortilla has 3g (and that is the lowest I have personally found)
So I wrote them inquiring about the nutrition values for just the wrap alone, plain with nothing inside it.. And this is what they had to say..

Thank you for contacting us.

Arby's currently carries two separate Low Carbys™ menu lines - only two of which are wraps:
Market Fresh Low Carbys Roast Turkey Ranch n' Bacon
Market Fresh Low Carbys Ultimate BLT

The Low Carbys™ line is without bread or wrap of any type, served in a bowl with leaf lettuce. (See "Arby's® Low Carbys™ LTO (Limited Time Only) Items" on www.arbys.com).

Some restaurants owners are offering to put these items in the wrap, or honoring customer requests to do so. Arby's, Inc. does not have prepared nutritional information for these items as they are outside of the parameters set forth in the Standard Operating Procedures for the product.

However the individual wrap nutrition values can be found below and you can add these values if you have any "Low Carbys" meal placed in a wrap.

Arby's Low Net Carb Wheat Tortilla
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size (102g)
Calories 230
Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 7g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 820mg
Total Carbohydrate 41g
Net Carbs* 12g
Dietary Fiber 29g
Sugars 0g
Protein 12g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 20%
Iron 6%

*Net Carbs = Total Carbs (g) - Dietary Fiber (g) and sugar alcohols (g) that do not affect blood sugar levels

---
I was under the impression that the low carby's were in the wraps and not in a bowl.. needless to say I was quite disappointed.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 02:57 PM   #2  
Head Princess

Interesting
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 09:43 PM   #3  
The Princess O' Pets

Oh yeah what they started with was basically whatever is on a markey fresh sandwhich they stuck it in a bowl without the bread, that was the low carbys they just recently got the wrap part. I always said I could throw sandwhich fixin's in a bowl for cheaper than 5 bucks!! Arbys was disappointing for sure! Stick with Subway!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:22 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Good thing we don't have an Arby's in my town. We do have a subway (and Mcdonalds, Little Caesars, Burger King and a few other small town pizza joints), but I don't go to those places much. I think I've gone to subway once since joining Atkins. I'm really proud of myself
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:55 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

I really try to stay away from fast food joints, just cause I don't trust em.
I love Arby's, their jalapeno poppers are to die for with the bronco berry sauce, yum.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:08 AM   #6  
The Princess O' Pets

Subway is pretty safe, especially that baby spinach and chicken salad with the Atkins honey mustard dressing OMG soooooo good!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:46 AM   #7  

It's all in the labeling and you have to read them. Example, went to market yesterday and needed Lipton onion soup in the box for a roast. Next to it they had the NEW LOW CARB! The stuff we've seen for years has 4g and costs $1.69, the new stuff has 3g and costs $2.49. Come on, lable it LC, put NEW on the label and jack up the price? For 1 carb differance, I'm not paying the price differance. Noticing this with lots of stuff in the markets. Makes me continue to make evrything from sratch.
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 10:47 AM   #8  
Head Princess

Not that good, though. What do you think Atkins uses to make that stuff sweet?

I do love the subway wraps. I make my own and add lots of veggies. Quiznos is divine. Blimpies is yummy. I have yet to try big town hero. Then there's the pizza! Godfather's is good, Papa Murphy's is better, Winco rules!
Old 05-14-2004, 01:41 PM   #9  

I've seen the low carb pizza ads for Papa Murphy's and wondered. How many carbs are in a slice? How close is the taste to the real thing? Inquiring minds...
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 02:10 PM   #10  
Head Princess

I'm not sure on the carb count. I've seen 11 and I've seen 8.

You cook it a little differently than their normal pizzas, and it's not as filling, but it's good! I do the thin crust and the cowboy pizza toppings.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:22 PM   #11  

Hmmm, sounds really good. I just bought some low carb wraps for dinner tonight - the little mission ones. My mouth is already watering.
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote