Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 03:06 PM   #1  
Gym'll fix it!!

Talking #174 Ten Pounds At A Time.

Opened a new thread at Terry's command maybe we should rename you coolwhip Terry?

Tech, congrats on the 1lb loss

I've kept up with the exercise walked 2mls yesterday and this morning staying on plan with eating too scale is fluctuating a bit tho' i should stay away from that until Friday because this is getting ridiculous i'm even jumping on it in the middle of the night in the dark after i've been to the loo to see if that made any difference
Just going to hang laundry out and transplant some flowers, i'm sick of the sight of these seed trays all over the dining room

Last edited by cat90; 05-11-2004 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:07 AM   #2  

Hi guys - I am up a pound. Kind of bums me out. I need to try and stay focused so it doesn't turn into more. I am thinking of going to the doctor to find out if I can get something like Meridia to help me. I found a new study about the drugs I take for bipolar disorder, and that the big side effect is that they make you hungry. Maybe if I got a weight loss drug it would even the playing field, so that I would have a normal appetite. Then the effort would be easier.

Going to try and make it to the gym today - still haven't exercised this week.

Talk to you later!

MEg
Old 05-12-2004, 01:23 PM   #3  
Connecticut

Cool Whip reporting in!

Meg, you are a smart cookie to check with your doctor first before trying any diet drugs, over-the-counter especially. Obviosuly, Meredia is a prescribed drug. Try not to obsess too much over a pound as it could just be normal fluid fluctuations. I know it's tough to see that scale go in the wrong direction regardless of the cause -- hugs.

Hey, Cat, I have this image of you running to the scale at 3am -- fully dressed of course! . Don't fall into that habit because it will drive you crazy. Thanks for strating #174!!

All is well. Well, I did succomb to some cheese doodles last night -- I told Russ not to buy them as they are such a temptation. I was yelling at him in the grocery store about it and some guy overheard us and chimed in that "we only live once" -- men, they stick together and they are all !

Need to grab a shower and get to the grocery store -- bare cupboards again!

Have a great Wednesday and think thin!
Old 05-12-2004, 08:19 PM   #4  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Coolwhip, your image would be wrong cos i'm nekkid! it HAS been driving me crazy and last night when i almost did it again i had second thoughts. Hey you! keep away from those cheese doodles LOL @ the guy in the store

I've had icecream twice today i thought i might have blown it but i have'nt i had some with pears for after my lunch and then i had a Haagen Daz Vanilla & Almond choc bar when i got back from the mall with them i just can't resist them. Good Job i have'nt eaten much today i'm having a nice piece of fresh cod for dinner with veggies so i'm right on plan walked 3mls this morning too.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:13 AM   #5  
Connecticut

Cat, got clothes on yet?

Seriously, excellent job on the food choices. Ice cream isn't a negative -- it's all about portion control and learning what you can eat, and how much, without it effecting the scale. You compensated by having a healthy dinner and thus ended your day on a positive note. Now if the ice cream led to junk food binging, a pig-out dinner, then that's another story, and that's where ice cream becomes a dreaded red light food as it leads to diaster. Hope that made sense -- it did to my small brain anyway!

Oh, oh, huge bee by the window -- may have to end this post if it doesn't go away because that means I am outta here -- hate bees!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew -- gone .

I did very well yesterday with food too -- no cheese doodles!!!!!! I wasn't very hungry for dinner so I just had a WW frozen meal. Gave Russ leftovers and Chris ate out. Drank lots of water. Find I drink more water when I buy the spring water in bottles and keep it icy cold in the fridge -- easier to grab.

Still need to work on limiting the Diet Coke but the addiction is better!!

Time to get ready for Curves.

Have a wonderful day -- come out and play ladies! Hope I didn't scare anyone away by posting again
Old 05-13-2004, 01:48 PM   #6  
Ginny

Hi ladies,
I am having a day off who--whooo!!! so far I've taken my car in for some work, took my grandbabies to lunch at McDonalds so they could play in the playarea, it was to wet to go to the park,,,now I am going to make some signs...handling some phone calls and odds and ends. Was up since 5:30, it seems it's a conspiracy around here against sleeping. Now son called to see if I'll babysit this evening...said I would since dh will be working anyway. I didn't get to see the newborn earlier so will tonight.

Terry, good for you about joining Curves... but my question to you is why did it take you 45 minutes to go around 1.5 times. The whole concept is a 30 minute workout to go around twice....we have 13 machines and it takes just a little over 30 minutes then a few for cool down stretches. The scale is inching it's way down. I have high hopes...

Cathy, I know what you mean about stepping on the scale a lot.. I always hope it will show a lower number and if it don't I get depressed, so I have tried to limit my checking to once in the morning and maybe once at night.. and lately I have been doing so well with my choices that I weight about the same at night as I do in the morning.. and that keeps going lower bit by bit.
How is the new job doing?

Meg how is you new job coming? Are you still at the restaurant or strictly into real estate now? Isn't Meridia the stuff that makes you sick if you eat fat and you can lose control of your bowels when you are on it? Sounds like scary stuff.

Hello to everyone else.. Gotta go putter and get something done that I wanted to today. Not being at work is like leaving your baby for the first time...it feels strange and I wonder how they are doing.

Well, going to try to enjoy my afternoon off, so catch ya all later.
Dahlia
Old 05-13-2004, 04:17 PM   #7  
Connecticut

Afternoon Ladies!

Dahlia -- what a busy day for a "day off!" But, I bet you are enjoying every second with the kids. I never realized Meredia was that potent -- especially about the loose bowels??

What I meant about Curves is that I did 1.5 circuits plus some before and after stretching. I timed the circuit and it does take 30 minutes to complete it. I get confused because because some folks at other places say that they include the stretches within that 30 minute frame as well. I did 1.5 circuits again today as it wasn't busy and I wasn't holding anyone up.

Here's a fantastic Curves Forum if you are interested:

http://www.curvesforum.com/

Just cleaned the house and now I am in desperate need of a shower. I brought work home from the store and have not yet got around to doing it. As Scarlet says, I'll think about that tomorrow!

Enjoy babysitting, Dahlia, and keep up the great work with your diet plans -- you are good motivation for me .

Later Gators!!
Old 05-13-2004, 05:20 PM   #8  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Dahlia, job is going well thank you for asking i really like it and don't want to leave when my shift ends i think you're right about Meridia i think i'd steer clear of that if i was Meg, can you just imagine the leakage? if you're not an the fear of that alone would keep you on the straight and narrow

Terry, are you still doing SBD? cos there is a family on the "view" doing it and the Dad weighed in with a 15lbs loss after only 12 days on it

Day 11 OP here and weigh-in tomorrow morning i'm itching to get into the 150's again (sigh) will be a couple weeks yet. I think the job is keeping me OP because i've got to show my backside in those damn pants and i want it to be a smaller one i don't know why i'm so self conscious about it because there are a lot of girls and women a lot bigger than me that work there and they don't care. Going to do a bit of gardening and then watch Coronation St and Emmerdale Farm.
Old 05-14-2004, 09:49 AM   #9  

No, Dahlia - it is Xenical that makes you go to the bathroom. Meridia is an appetite suppressant. My dr. went out of business, because the malpractice insurance was too high. Gives me a longer time to think about it.

I started a different diet today. It is similar to slim fast. It was recommended to me by a nutritionist I had. I want to give it 2 weeks to see if it works (meaning that I lose anything), but I fear that I will jump on the scale before that.

Went to my real estate job yesterday to meet with my boss. Looks like I will start answering phones. 6/1, and that the sales center will open for 7/4 weekend (which I will have to work).

Cat - great news on 11 op days in a row!!!

Hope everyone has an OP day!
Old 05-14-2004, 01:11 PM   #10  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies,

Meg, thats rough that your doc had to quit practising because of high insurance rates thats sue happy America for you and its spreading to Canada and England too gone are the days when you could spill coffee on yourself and just wipe it up now you get millions cos its too damn hot!

Lost another 3lbs this week i'm really motivated to do this now for the first time in ages gonna treadmill. BBL
Old 05-14-2004, 03:56 PM   #11  
Gym'll fix it!!

Meg, just had a quick look online about Meridia and there is a lawsuit pending side effects include heart disease, increased blood pressure, rapid heart rate, stroke, seizure and mental impairments! In less than 4 years on the market it has been associated with 34 deaths worldwide 29 of them being in the United States My advice, DON'T TAKE IT
Old 05-14-2004, 07:42 PM   #12  

Cat - thanks for the concern. that is one of the reasons I need more time. There are actually 6 drugs I could "choose" from, that won't interact with my bipolar drugs. but none will be covered by insurance. VERY expensive. So far I am doing well. Not hungry - just a headache - probably from not having as many calories as I am used to. Am going to take some tylenol.

Hope everyone is well -

Cat - another 3 pounds! You are amazing! What is your total loss to date? It must be huge!

Check in tomorrow - meg.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:21 PM   #13  
Connecticut

Good Morning Ladies!

Cathy, AWESOME on the weight loss, girl friend! And, you love your job -- I would say life is good! I could shock the pants off of ya if I showed you my backside

But, I am pleased to announce that I am down another 2 lbs as of today's weekly weigh-in for a total of 8 lbs since starting Curves April 24th.

Cathy, I am semi- doing phase 2 of SBD. Basically, I am just watching my calorie and carb intake with an eye on portion sizes too. Amazing how much weight men can lose -- so many factors weigh into it though. I know that now that I am 52, it';s a lot harder and without exercise nearly impossible. Of course the meds I am on don't promote weight loss either but I don't relish panic attacks so I will continue to stay on them.

Meg, good luck with the real estate job. It is a shame that malpractice insurance is so high. I keep reading of more and more OB/GYNs dropping their obstetrics practice for the very same reason. A horrible sign of the times and you just wonder how it will end up.

Anyone hear from Carol or Pam at all?? I have Pam's email so I think I will send a "hello" to see how she is doing.

Dahlia, if the weather in your neck of the woods is as beautiful as it is here today (so sunny and hot) then you must be busy at work.

OK, ladies, time to get a move on and head for the shower. Dogs need to go out -- their eyeballs are turning yellow.

Positive thinking today -- we will accomplish our goals only if we keep that motivation high .

Always,

Terry
Old 05-15-2004, 12:48 PM   #14  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Meg, I only got OP on May 3rd 12 days ago and i've lost 7.5lbs so far before that it was the usual 1 good day, 2 bad days I don't know if its getting the job, relatives visiting (and i want to impress them with my weightloss) or what thats motivating me but i've just decided that 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND I WANT TO DO IT" I guess its the 'click' that Oprah talks about speaking of Oprah, did you hear that she's lost 95lbs? she doe's look great lately.

Terry, Carol is around on the fat chicks in England thread she's having a hard time with motivation at the moment but she'll get passed that CONGRATULATIONS on the weightloss it really does work when you are consistent

Walked another 3mls yesterday will do a couple this morning maybe 3 if there is something interesting on telly don't think there is tho'
Old 05-15-2004, 05:41 PM   #15  

Hi guys. Cat - your weight loss is INCREDIBLE! I only hope that by staying focused I can finally lose the weight. I am at a standstill. I think it truly comes down to portion size/calorie intake, so that is what I am focusing on right now.

Did 20 min on the elliptical, then went for a 30 min walk. Calories are going well so far.

Making mom dinner tomorrow night as part of her mother's day gift (late). She had a face lift on Tuesday, and can't leave the house - okay she could, but doesn't want to . She already looks better, and is planning to leave the house in a scarf and sunglasses for breakfast out next wednesday. She cracks me up. They are going to drive far away to a suburb they don't live in to find a restaurant where no one will know her. She cracks me up!

Going to make a light dinner now - talk to you later!

Meg
Closed Thread