Support Groups - #174 Ten Pounds At A Time.

View Full Version : #174 Ten Pounds At A Time.

cat90
05-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Opened a new thread at Terry's :wizard: command :lol: maybe we should rename you coolwhip Terry? :rofl:

Tech, congrats on the 1lb loss :cp:

I've kept up with the exercise ;) walked 2mls yesterday and this morning :cb: staying on plan with eating too :D scale is fluctuating a bit tho' :mad: i should stay away from that until Friday because this is getting ridiculous :eek: i'm even jumping on it in the middle of the night in the dark after i've been to the loo :yikes: to see if that made any difference :rofl:
Just going to hang laundry out and transplant some flowers, i'm sick of the sight of these seed trays all over the dining room :rolleyes:

Meigg
05-12-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi guys - I am up a pound. Kind of bums me out. I need to try and stay focused so it doesn't turn into more. I am thinking of going to the doctor to find out if I can get something like Meridia to help me. I found a new study about the drugs I take for bipolar disorder, and that the big side effect is that they make you hungry. Maybe if I got a weight loss drug it would even the playing field, so that I would have a normal appetite. Then the effort would be easier.

Going to try and make it to the gym today - still haven't exercised this week.

Talk to you later!

MEg

Cool Mom
05-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Cool Whip reporting in! :lol:

Meg, you are a smart cookie to check with your doctor first before trying any diet drugs, over-the-counter especially. Obviosuly, Meredia is a prescribed drug. Try not to obsess too much over a pound as it could just be normal fluid fluctuations. I know it's tough to see that scale go in the wrong direction regardless of the cause -- hugs.

Hey, Cat, I have this image of you running to the scale at 3am :tired: -- fully dressed of course! :D . Don't fall into that habit because it will drive you crazy. Thanks for strating #174!!

All is well. Well, I did succomb to some cheese doodles last night -- I told Russ not to buy them as they are such a temptation. I was yelling at him in the grocery store about it and some guy overheard us and chimed in that "we only live once" -- men, they stick together and they are all :doh: !

Need to grab a shower and get to the grocery store -- bare cupboards again!

Have a great Wednesday and think thin!

cat90
05-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Hey Coolwhip, your image would be wrong cos i'm nekkid! :doh: :lol3: :devil: it HAS been driving me crazy and last night when i almost did it again i had second thoughts. Hey you! :coach: keep away from those cheese doodles :nono: LOL @ the guy in the store :lol3:

I've had icecream twice today :eek: i thought i might have blown it but i have'nt :shrug: i had some with pears for after my lunch and then i had a Haagen Daz Vanilla & Almond choc bar when i got back from the mall with them :T :T :T i just can't resist them. Good Job i have'nt eaten much today :) i'm having a nice piece of fresh cod for dinner with veggies so i'm right on plan :cp: walked 3mls this morning too.

Cool Mom
05-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Cat, got clothes on yet? :devil:

Seriously, excellent job on the food choices. Ice cream isn't a negative -- it's all about portion control and learning what you can eat, and how much, without it effecting the scale. You compensated by having a healthy dinner and thus ended your day on a positive note. Now if the ice cream led to junk food binging, a pig-out dinner, then that's another story, and that's where ice cream becomes a dreaded red light food as it leads to diaster. Hope that made sense -- it did to my small brain anyway! :lol:

Oh, oh, huge bee by the window -- may have to end this post if it doesn't go away because that means I am outta here -- hate bees!!!!!!!!!!!

Whew -- gone :) .

I did very well yesterday with food too -- no cheese doodles!!!!!! I wasn't very hungry for dinner so I just had a WW frozen meal. Gave Russ leftovers and Chris ate out. Drank lots of water. Find I drink more water when I buy the spring water in bottles and keep it icy cold in the fridge -- easier to grab.

Still need to work on limiting the Diet Coke but the addiction is better!! :cool:

Time to get ready for Curves.

Have a wonderful day -- come out and play ladies! Hope I didn't scare anyone away by posting again :^:

Dahlia
05-13-2004, 01:48 PM
Hi ladies,
I am having a day off who--whooo!!! so far I've taken my car in for some work, took my grandbabies to lunch at McDonalds so they could play in the playarea, it was to wet to go to the park,,,now I am going to make some signs...handling some phone calls and odds and ends. Was up since 5:30, it seems it's a conspiracy around here against sleeping. Now son called to see if I'll babysit this evening...said I would since dh will be working anyway. I didn't get to see the newborn earlier so will tonight.

Terry, good for you about joining Curves... but my question to you is why did it take you 45 minutes to go around 1.5 times. The whole concept is a 30 minute workout to go around twice....we have 13 machines and it takes just a little over 30 minutes then a few for cool down stretches. The scale is inching it's way down. I have high hopes...

Cathy, I know what you mean about stepping on the scale a lot.. I always hope it will show a lower number and if it don't I get depressed, so I have tried to limit my checking to once in the morning and maybe once at night.. and lately I have been doing so well with my choices that I weight about the same at night as I do in the morning.. and that keeps going lower bit by bit.
How is the new job doing?

Meg how is you new job coming? Are you still at the restaurant or strictly into real estate now? Isn't Meridia the stuff that makes you sick if you eat fat and you can lose control of your bowels when you are on it? Sounds like scary stuff.

Hello to everyone else.. Gotta go putter and get something done that I wanted to today. Not being at work is like leaving your baby for the first time...it feels strange and I wonder how they are doing. :)

Well, going to try to enjoy my afternoon off, so catch ya all later.
Dahlia

Cool Mom
05-13-2004, 04:17 PM
Afternoon Ladies!

Dahlia -- what a busy day for a "day off!" But, I bet you are enjoying every second with the kids. I never realized Meredia was that potent -- especially about the loose bowels?? :fr:

What I meant about Curves is that I did 1.5 circuits plus some before and after stretching. I timed the circuit and it does take 30 minutes to complete it. I get confused because because some folks at other places say that they include the stretches within that 30 minute frame as well. I did 1.5 circuits again today as it wasn't busy and I wasn't holding anyone up.

Here's a fantastic Curves Forum if you are interested:

http://www.curvesforum.com/

Just cleaned the house and now I am in desperate need of a shower. I brought work home from the store and have not yet got around to doing it. As Scarlet says, I'll think about that tomorrow!

Enjoy babysitting, Dahlia, and keep up the great work with your diet plans -- you are good motivation for me :) .

Later Gators!!

cat90
05-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Dahlia, job is going well thank you for asking :D i really like it and don't want to leave when my shift ends :lol: i think you're right about Meridia :p i think i'd steer clear of that if i was Meg, can you just imagine the leakage? :p :p if you're not an :angel: the fear of that alone would keep you on the straight and narrow :yikes:

Terry, are you still doing SBD? cos there is a family on the "view" doing it :) and the Dad weighed in with a 15lbs loss after only 12 days on it :yikes:

Day 11 OP here :cb: and weigh-in tomorrow morning :) i'm itching to get into the 150's again (sigh) will be a couple weeks yet. I think the job is keeping me OP because i've got to show my backside in those damn pants :lol3: and i want it to be a smaller one :rofl: i don't know why i'm so self conscious about it because there are a lot of girls and women a lot bigger than me that work there :dunno: and they don't care. Going to do a bit of gardening and then watch Coronation St and Emmerdale Farm.

Meigg
05-14-2004, 09:49 AM
No, Dahlia - it is Xenical that makes you go to the bathroom. Meridia is an appetite suppressant. My dr. went out of business, because the malpractice insurance was too high. Gives me a longer time to think about it.

I started a different diet today. It is similar to slim fast. It was recommended to me by a nutritionist I had. I want to give it 2 weeks to see if it works (meaning that I lose anything), but I fear that I will jump on the scale before that.

Went to my real estate job yesterday to meet with my boss. Looks like I will start answering phones. 6/1, and that the sales center will open for 7/4 weekend (which I will have to work).

Cat - great news on 11 op days in a row!!!

Hope everyone has an OP day!

cat90
05-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Hi Ladies,

Meg, thats rough that your doc had to quit practising because of high insurance rates :( thats sue happy America for you and its spreading to Canada and England too :( gone are the days when you could spill coffee on yourself and just wipe it up :dunno: now you get millions cos its too damn hot!

Lost another 3lbs this week :cheer: i'm really motivated to do this now for the first time in ages :cb: gonna treadmill. BBL :wave:

cat90
05-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Meg, just had a quick look online about Meridia and there is a lawsuit pending :yikes: side effects include heart disease, increased blood pressure, rapid heart rate, stroke, seizure and mental impairments! In less than 4 years on the market it has been associated with 34 deaths worldwide :eek: 29 of them being in the United States :( My advice, DON'T TAKE IT :D

Meigg
05-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Cat - thanks for the concern. that is one of the reasons I need more time. There are actually 6 drugs I could "choose" from, that won't interact with my bipolar drugs. but none will be covered by insurance. VERY expensive. So far I am doing well. Not hungry - just a headache - probably from not having as many calories as I am used to. Am going to take some tylenol.

Hope everyone is well -

Cat - another 3 pounds! You are amazing! What is your total loss to date? It must be huge!

Check in tomorrow - meg.

Cool Mom
05-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Good Morning Ladies!

Cathy, AWESOME on the weight loss, girl friend! :high: :high: And, you love your job -- I would say life is good! :dancer: I could shock the pants off of ya if I showed you my backside :rofl:

But, I am pleased to announce that I am down another 2 lbs as of today's weekly weigh-in for a total of 8 lbs since starting Curves April 24th.

Cathy, I am semi- doing phase 2 of SBD. Basically, I am just watching my calorie and carb intake with an eye on portion sizes too. Amazing how much weight men can lose -- so many factors weigh into it though. I know that now that I am 52, it';s a lot harder and without exercise nearly impossible. Of course the meds I am on don't promote weight loss either but I don't relish panic attacks so I will continue to stay on them.

Meg, good luck with the real estate job. It is a shame that malpractice insurance is so high. I keep reading of more and more OB/GYNs dropping their obstetrics practice for the very same reason. A horrible sign of the times and you just wonder how it will end up.

Anyone hear from Carol or Pam at all?? I have Pam's email so I think I will send a "hello" to see how she is doing.

Dahlia, if the weather in your neck of the woods is as beautiful as it is here today (so sunny and hot) then you must be busy at work.

OK, ladies, time to get a move on and head for the shower. Dogs need to go out -- their eyeballs are turning yellow. :D

Positive thinking today -- we will accomplish our goals only if we keep that motivation high :) .

Always,

Terry :comp:

cat90
05-15-2004, 12:48 PM

Meg, I only got OP on May 3rd :lol3: 12 days ago and i've lost 7.5lbs so far :cb: before that it was the usual 1 good day, 2 bad days :lol3: I don't know if its getting the job, relatives visiting (and i want to impress them with my weightloss) or what :?: thats motivating me but i've just decided that 'ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND I WANT TO DO IT" I guess its the 'click' that Oprah talks about :lol: speaking of Oprah, did you hear that she's lost 95lbs? :eek: she doe's look great lately.

Terry, Carol is around on the fat chicks in England thread :) she's having a hard time with motivation at the moment :( but she'll get passed that :D CONGRATULATIONS on the weightloss :cheer: it really does work when you are consistent :D

Walked another 3mls yesterday will do a couple this morning :tread: maybe 3 if there is something interesting on telly :lol: don't think there is tho' :wave:

Meigg
05-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Hi guys. Cat - your weight loss is INCREDIBLE! I only hope that by staying focused I can finally lose the weight. I am at a standstill. I think it truly comes down to portion size/calorie intake, so that is what I am focusing on right now.

Did 20 min on the elliptical, then went for a 30 min walk. Calories are going well so far.

Making mom dinner tomorrow night as part of her mother's day gift (late). She had a face lift on Tuesday, and can't leave the house - okay she could, but doesn't want to :lol: . She already looks better, and is planning to leave the house in a scarf and sunglasses for breakfast out next wednesday. She cracks me up. They are going to drive far away to a suburb they don't live in to find a restaurant where no one will know her. She cracks me up!

Going to make a light dinner now - talk to you later!

Meg

cat90
05-15-2004, 09:13 PM
A facelift :fr: i could'nt imagine ever putting myself through that after seeing extreme makeover :lol: not that i could afford one :lol3: it looks so painful when they come out of surgery :p did your Mum think it was worth it Meg? i suppose its too early to tell yet. Thats what i'm doing Meg ;) counting the cals and exercising. You just have to be consistant, thats the hard part. :wave:

Meigg
05-15-2004, 11:05 PM
My mom had a facelift about 10 years ago, and it was great. This one was just a little touch up, and it is way too early to tell. In about another week we will be able to see. The pain is completely managed by drugs, it is just uncomfortable, because you have to sleep sitting up, eat soft foods, etc.

I am trying to really stay focused on the workouts. Plan to fit another one in tomorrow. Also trying to stay at 1200 cals tomorrow. closer to 1500 today, but that is so much better than what I have been doing, that i don't mind.

have a good night!

Meigg
05-16-2004, 05:04 PM
Still on track today. It is day 2, and I am doing well. scale is moving in the right direction. I was up to 187.5, now down to 185.5 again. Makes me want to keep going.

Did some nice yardwork today. Going to plant next weekend. Hope you all are having a good weekend!

Meg

Meigg
05-17-2004, 09:06 AM
Where is everyone? Hope you are out enjoying the great weather!

The pounds are starting to drop off for me to. :D I have always had trouble dropping below a set point of about 185. Today when the scale read 183.5, I was so excited I didn't know what to do.

Granted, this is water weight, etc, but I feel good. It is nice to see the scale move for once. I know the loss will slow down eventually to 1lb a week, but to start off with some dramatic loss is pretty exciting.

Last night we made dinner for my mom. we brought some low fat appetizers, and had a nice meal. i am sure I went over 1500, but probably not over 1800. Yet again, still alot less than I have been eating, which is why I still registered a loss.

Today there are no plans for any meals out. Going to try for 3-4 on plan days in a row now, at 1300-1500 cals a piece, and hit the exercise for the next 3-4 days, with at least a walk.

Sorry for the long post, but I am so happy I had to share. Hope everyone has a great day!

Meg ;)

cat90
05-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Congrats on the weightloss Meg :cp:

I was out partying yesterday ;) it was mine and a friends birthday so she had a party/bbq over at their house which is a beautiful place right on the water :cloud9: drunk enough booze to knock a horse over :headache: had ice cream cake, the works! Hubby bought me ??? guess ??? YEP THATS RIGHT! a big box of chocolate truffles :lol: :rollpin: he knows how i love chocolate and i guess he thought he was doing the right thing :love: don't think he realises what an :angel: i've been or should i say "i'd been" over the last 2 weeks :dunno: not any more :devil: blown today as well as i had a big fry up for brekky and i've been in those truffles :rollpin: will get hubby to help me out with them tonight so that i can get back OP tomorrow :wave:

Meigg
05-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Cat - how funny! My husband has never bought me chocolates - ever. He doesn't like them, so I don't think he thinks they are a good gift idea. Last xmas my boss knew I was trying to loose weight, and instead of a bonus gave me a cookie basket. when he left the office i started to cry :lol:

Had a ok day today. did well even though i waitressed, but went to dinner with my folks, and had a little too much. but, i must say, i made far better choices then i usually do, so it was still a huge improvement.

girlfriend coming for lunch tomorrow. she offered to bring me something, and i told her i had a slim fast bar, but she could bring herself something. i am determined to stay OP. tomorrow another dinner with the folks, and will make an even better choice then.

have a good night!

Meg

fyi - here is a photo of dan with his new car...

TechAlum
05-18-2004, 10:43 AM
Hello All,

Apparently I'm only posting on Tuesdays, can't seem to come down here more often, although maybe that's not a bad thing since I don't end up spending all day on the 'puter :comp:

I'm pretty happy I lost 1.5 lbs last week :D :D. It's been a while since I've lost 2 weeks in a row, it's been down, up, down, up......:lol3:

We babysat for my sister this weekend. She had asked my Mom but they were busy, my mom was on the phone with me so she told my mom to ask me never thinking I'd say yes, I said yes if they'd bring him over and pick him up never thinking they would (we live an hour apart). Needless to say she said yes and we had a 21 mo old over Sat night. Our dogs and cat were NOT amused :rofl:. But all went OK.

Meigg - If I were you I'd definately be thinking long and hard and talking to a doc before going on drugs. Glad you seem to be getting back under control. Good Luck sticking to it.

Cat - Happy belated Birthday :hb: and congrats on the loss. Too bad about those chocolates, luckily I don't like chocolate so that's usually not a problem for me, now chips.......

Terry - Congrats on the weight loss for you too :bravo:

Dahlia - You are soo busy, and such a good grandma :D. Hope you had fun with the kids. And YEA on the scale inching down, sometimes that kind of loss stays away the best.

To anyone I missed sorry :o. That's the problem only posting once a week. I'll try to be back sooner

Well, I should probably go, I need to make the menu for the next couple of weeks and go grocery shopping. Fridge is looking pretty bare.

Have a great one everyone :sunny:

-Tech
251/242.5/235/170 (start/current/goal for 6/21/final goal)

Cool Mom
05-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Cathy :grouphug: :dancer: :gift: :hb:

I declare all birthdays an off-diet day! :D

Sounds like you celebrated with style and that was sweet of John to buy you chocolate regardless. Truffles and fudge are to die for in my book too.

Congratulations on the weight loss, ladies!!

We are going to do this -- one pound and one day at a time.

We went to Vermont Sunday to visit my FIL and we had pizza when we returned. Unfortunately, I also succumbed to some snacks, but the scale has stayed the same. Went to Curves Monday and had a good food day yesterday as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for another loss this Saturday.

Weekends are very, very hard for me. But I am trying! :^:

Need to run -- I have store work to do at home today -- lots of filing and I am already behind as I got a late start.

Have a great day everyone! :wave:

Cool Mom
05-18-2004, 12:07 PM
Meg -- just saw Dan's car -- very sweet!!

cat90
05-18-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi Ladies,

Congrats on the weightloss Tech :cp:

Terry, Birthdays are always an off diet day for me ;) :lol: i ate all the truffles and i'm not a big fan of them either :rofl: when hubby gave them to me i asked "did they not sell Cadburys?" :lol3: and he replied "yeh, but i just got the ones in the nicest box!" :lol: typical man!!

Scale was not happy this morning or at least i WAS'NT :lol: will be extra good for remainder of the week in the hopes of not showing a gain on friday :D

Cool Mom
05-18-2004, 03:31 PM
What a sweetie -- he wanted to make a good impression on his lady!

Cool Mom
05-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Rise and shine, ladies, a new day! My baby boy turned 19 yesterday and I did well -- just a small piece of cake and a few spoonfuls of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey -- normally I would eat the whole pint. This is short as I have a a monster of a headache which needs some coffee quickly. Thunder and lightening all night so my restless sleep is probably the cause. Need to get to Curves today too -- Headache, be gone! Have a great day ... Terry :comp:

Meigg
05-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Terry - great job staying focused even during the birthday party. It is okay to indulge, as long as you keep the portions small. Congrats!

Scale seems to not budge from 185.5. Need to incorporate more exercise.
Did the trampoline for 20 minutes yesterday. Going to hit the elliptical this afternoon at the gym after work.

Hope you ladies have a great day!

Meg

Cool Mom
05-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Meg, give the scale time and keep up the good work at the gym :).

And, keep thinking thin and healthy -- you'll do it!

cat90
05-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi Ladies,

T, hope the headache has gone now :D

I'm BAD :devil: B/D celebrations turned into a 3 day event :lol: :devil: i will be good today. I WILL, I WILL, I WILL ;) so far, i've had 2 mini pancakes for brekky i'm having pork chops for dinner and i don't know what with or what else in between :dunno: but there is no chocolate included in todays menu and i should hide the cold ones too :joker:

Meg, ignore the scale :shrug: those fluctuations will drive you mad :crazy: like they do me!

Meigg
05-19-2004, 07:00 PM
Cathy - you are right. I should NOT jump on the scale every morning. Although my mom swears by it. She gets on the scale fully dressed before bed every night (with shoes), and then naked in the morning. She says she always knows where she is weight wise, and it has helped to keep her in check.

Didn't end up at the gym today. Instead I weeded the garden in the back yard for 2 hours :D . Planting the tomatoes only took 10 minutes :?: Also added 3 more hostas. Thinking of adding 2 evergreen trees where the roses always die. Then I have to deal with the front yard. Luckily, it is small!!!

I already feel my back aching! :mad:

Off to dinner with my bro and SIL. Need to keep seeing my nephew. They are due with their 2nd any day, and I am on night duty when she goes into labor. Want to make sure he feels comfortable with me (he is only 2 years old).

Have a good night!

Meg

cat90
05-19-2004, 11:44 PM
What a funny ritual :crazy: that could make up to 7lbs difference :dunno: did your Mom say why she weighs with the clothes and shoes on? I did'nt exercise either :shrug: went shopping instead :)

Cool Mom
05-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Morning Ladies!

All is well except that I succumbed to eating the rest of the Chunky Monkey ice cream with a big piece of leftover birthday cake last night -- I caved, what can I say. Good news is though that it's all gone! That's what I get for buying one of my favorite ice creams -- like, subconsciously, I didn't know I was going to eat it? Right!

Just need to put in a good workout at Curves this afternoon to compensate.

So, you see, Cathy, we are not alone in the extended birthday celebrations :).

Meg, your mom must have a good relationship with her scale simply by not letting the numbers depress her as they would me if I were to do that twice a day. Good for her!

OK, need to get a move on -- lots of filing to do before I hit Curves.

Cathy, hope the job is coming along great ..... :).

Have a great day everyone!

TechAlum
05-20-2004, 12:04 PM
Hello All,

Just thought I'd pop in really quick instead of cleaning and laundry which is what I'm supposed to be doing. I've been doing pretty badly this week, I haven't been drinking my water, or tracking what I eat :( I don't think I've been too bad but it definately wasn't nutritious meals :mcd:. I did take the dogs to the park yesterday for a walk. My mom and I walked one, while my dad took the younger one for a walk twice as long and faster, he was pretty calm last night for a change :D.

Meg - I can't weigh myself everyday or I get wacky. If the scale shows good I think I can eat more, if it shows bad I eat more cause I'm depressed....I think it's a vicious cycle :lol:

Terry - at least it's all gone now. Hope you made it to curves :tread:

Cat - hmmm... shopping instead of exercising sounds like my kind of day :), how'd the rest of your day go? Did you stay away from the chocolates and cold ones?

Have a great weekend everyone, I probably won't be around tomorrow, I've gotta work and it'll probably be another 5,000 kid day (god I hate school feild trip season) so I'll be beat when I get home. Then hopefully the weather will cooperate and I can get some more yard work done on Sat.

-Tech
251/242.5/235/170 (start/current/goal for 6/21/final goal) Just trying to keep myself honest.

cat90
05-20-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi Ladies,

Terry, that name "chunky monkey" makes me laugh :lol: what is in it exactly? it sounds like my kind of ice cream :T :T i went shopping yesterday and klondike bars were on sale and it took all my willpower not to put a box in my shopping basket :eek: but I DID IT! would have loved to have one or two tho' :devil: but i was an :angel: i allowed myself two 'lite' beers last night and was on program :cp: did'nt exercise tho' :o so made sure i walked/jogged a couple of miles this morning :D hopefully the gain in the morning won't be as bad as it would have been if i'd carried on celebrating :rofl: I only worked last Sunday morning this week T :dunno: and i don't know when my next shift is :shrug: its bizarre! hopefully i'll get my regular days sorted out when the other girl leaves at the end of the month.

Meigg
05-21-2004, 10:44 AM
Hi guys. Not registering much of a loss for the week. In fact, I think I am staying put, but I do recall a couple of days last week where my weight was going up. At least it is goingin the right direction now.

I am going to try to stay dedicated to the program for the next 3 days, and not weigh in until Monday. I am going to go to the gym today, and go for walks Sat and Sun. This is the short term goal I have set for myself.

Talk to you later!

Meg

Meigg
05-21-2004, 06:07 PM
Still on plan, and took a walk this afternoon. Also mowed the lawn, and killed some weeds!

Hope you all have a nice Friday!
Meg

Cool Mom
05-22-2004, 11:57 AM
Top of the Morning To Ya! :coffee:

Well, stayed the same weight-wise this week but did manage to get my three days in at Curves (did 1.5 circuits each day -- I figure a little bit more each time can't hurt as long as I have the time). I wasn't going to go this morning but I did and now I am glad.

Must have been that Chunky Monkey ice cream! :jig: :cb: Cathy, do you have Ben & Jerry's ice cream in Canada?? Chunky Monkey is banana ice cream with huge chunks of banana and huge chunks of chocolate. I think there is also some nuts in there too. It's almost orgasmic it's so good. :D

Russ is addicted to Klondike bars -- thank God I can resist those because he always has a stash in the freezer. He buys 3 or 4 pkgs at a time.

OK, need to go and get a shower here and then get in some shopping.

Meg -- keep up the good work, the scale wiill start to move in your favor.

Tech, if you don't mind me asking, where do you work that attracks all the school kids? At least they are not all yours! ;)

Enjoy your Saturday -- looks like we are in for some thunder storms later today.

Always, Terry

PS: think positive towards your weight loss and you will do it!

cat90
05-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

T, i think there is Ben and Jerry's here :chin: or i could just be familiar with the name :lol: don't know if i'd like banana ice cream tho' :nono: my favourites are Haagen Daz Vanilla and Almond Choc Bars :T :T Klondike bars are OK but Haagen Daz are irresistable :lol3:

Gained a pound this week :shrug: not so bad considering it was 3lbs earlier in the week so i'm OK with that. Have to get up at 6am in the morning for work :dunno: hubby thinks we should earn more than minimum wage for getting up at that time on a Sunday morning :lol:

Meigg
05-24-2004, 04:13 PM
Hey guys - how was your weekend? I binged a little, and will probably see the scale move up instead of down later in the week.

Tonight my SIL goes into the hospital, and tomorrow at 4am they are inducing her 2nd baby. Very exciting. Dan and I are babysitting their 2 year old.

Hope all is well. Will check in tomorrow.

cat90
05-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Where is Everyone? out in the sun? :sunny: i will be shortly its just gorgeous :D

Been a :ink: over the weekend will have to do better today :D so far i'm on track but there is a long way to go yet :lol: The Rodeo is on and i'm trying to resist the urge to go down there and sit in the beer tent watching cowboys ;) it seems a little more appealing than doing laundry and yardwork :devil:

Cool Mom
05-24-2004, 05:59 PM
Yo!

Hey, Meg, exciting news about the bambino that cometh very soon!! Keep us posted, auntie!

Count me in as another who didn't do too well with food at least on Sunday anyway -- hit that ice cream again. At least my weekly weigh-in isn't until Saturday morning so I have five days to work it off. Went to Curves this afternoon and started on it :dizzy: . Making salad with grilled chicken on top for dinner -- something light for all of us.

On our way back from the mall yesterday afternoon, we got caught in a torrential thunderstorm with huge hail -- it sounded like the car was being attacked at every corner at every second. I am so surprised the windshield didn't crack as it was ferocious. The lightning was blueish-white streaks slicing thru the dark skies straight down towards the ground. The side roads were flooded -- I have never seen a storm that ferocious. I felt sorry for all the motorcycles stuck under the highway bridges. Thank goodness Russ is a great driver -- you could hardly see in front of you. I would have freaked if I was alone.

And, can ya believe I didn't buy a thing at the mall??!! :dizzy: . I am still in search of that perfect new handbag. Love new purses!!

Also started to shop around for a Mother-of-the-Bride dress -- this is not going to be fun. They are either very frumpy or too promish. I am also not a long gown person which makes it even harder. Too bad we can't wear jeans or shorts! :lol:

Cathy, I used to have to be at work by 6:30am on Sundays when I used to work at a grocery store -- I agree with John, it should be worth more than minimum wage. Hope work went mighty fine for ya.

OK, time to get that chicken going as Russ will be home soon.

Have a great evening and see you all in the AM :).

cat90
05-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Wow T, that sounds like quite a storm :fr: the worst one that i've seen was in the Caymen Islands. It was hot and muggy and then all of a sudden the sky went black and the heavens opened :yikes: i have never seen such torrential rain in my life! it came right down the elevator shaft of that boat that i went on and flooded it, the lift started beeping and then 'died' and it poured out onto every floor of the boat and flooded carpets :lol: the only other time i've experienced anything like that was in Calgary, they get some weird weather there too :shrug: we went from leaving one place wearing shorts where it was 100 degrees to driving into a thunderstorm with golf ball sized hale :lol3: hubby and I could do nothing but laugh cos we could'nt believe it.
:goodluck: finding something to wear for the wedding :D could you not wear a nice suit? has it got to be a gown?

I ended up blowing yesterday :dunno: was into licorice, icecream and fruit, beer :lol: today i bounced out of bed at 6am and got straight onto my treadmill for a 3.25ml walk/jog :cb: I will have a good day today :yes: I better have!

Got to work on Sunday morning to find a note from the supervisor saying that we'd made too many mistakes the week before :rolleyes: but all the things she had listed the other girl had taken care of so i was happy that it was'nt me ;) she also said that she wanted the sweater that the other girl had left on the shop floor removing and the other girl said "its not mine, its HERS!" :eek: apparently these two don't like each other and i like both of them :lol3: the other girl left a note for the supervisor explaining why some things were'nt done and added that i had worked 20 minutes extra (without pay!) on my birthday to try and tidy up before i left! I won't be doing that again :lol: this girl is really putting me off this job cos we can't get the work done and there are two of us! How will i be able to do it on my own when she leaves? :( i mentioned this to her and she said that i'll be left to do it on my own whether i know what i'm doing or not :yikes: she said i will be better off trying to find a job at Walmart! at least they get a christmas bonus there. I really like this job too, but i agree that they expect you to do too much work in a 4hr shift. I did'nt realise that simple stuff like childrens medicine and bandaids had so many different descriptions and brands :eek: i just can't find half of them on the shelf and the other girl goes straight to them :rollpin: we have about 400+ price changes to do (labels) then find boxed stock in the warehouse which is scattered everywhere :( open it up and check it off on the invoices,put it on the respective shelves and then face up which is bring all the stock up to the front of the shelves so it is all tidy. Clean up all the rubbish and take it to the compactor and make sure the floor is clean before we leave. Is it me or does this sound like a lot of work for one person to do in a 4hr shift? :?: the other girl has another 4 weeks to work but she said she may quit earlier cos she's sick of it and go to work with her husband for a couple of weeks. I asked her if the company would be mad if she left earlier and she said that she would'nt tell them she just would'nt turn up :eek: i don't know how i'm ever going to get familiar with where everything is when i'm currently only doing one 4hr shift on Sunday morning :nono: it looks like i'm gonna be thrown in at the deep end when she leaves :( i just hope i'm not left any nasty notes cos i'm not the type to put up with it for that money we'll see what happens this Sunday. :shrug:

TechAlum
05-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Hello All,

Didn't weigh in this week, it's TOM and I'm feeling really bloated and ichy so I just didn't want to face the scale. I will next week I promise.

Cathy - Out enjoying sun, what sun? We've been having severe thunderstorms for a week, twice with hail and on Friday the sky was actually green before the rain and hail :eek: Although at least we're not like a bunch of people around here who's houses are under water.

Terry - Sounds like the same storms that hit here Mon and Fri, it was pretty freaky. I work at an outdoor history attraction and for the last 3 weeks of May and the first 2 of June we get 2000-8000 kids thru a day (the majority 5th and 6th graders). By the end we don't want to talk to anyone under 4 ft tall. But it's a fun job and I'm outside a lot and there's no desk or nylons :D. I also have a real estate license and am trying to get started there, but that's another story....

Meg - Hope your sister's delivery went well. How did the babysitting go? Having recently babysat my 2 yr old nephew in a house with no kids I know what a challenge it can be.

Well this weekend was interesting, didn't get any yardwork done since the weather wasn't cooperating. In fact the hail storm Fri killed what we had planted :(. So my husband and I decided to go on a date, we went to the movies and saw the new Pierce Brosnan movie (Legal Attraction) which was really good, then we went out to dinner, then came home and sat on the porch sipping wine and talking. It was a fun night we need to do it more.

Sorry this has turned into a novel. Hope everyone's having a great week. Talk to you all later.

-Tech

Meigg
05-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Born at 8:22 this morning, we welcomed Spencer Howe (not putting in last name - you never know who is reading) into our family. Everything went perfectly, and my brother is now home taking a nap. I hit Target for a new outfit, and found the cutest card to go with it. Dan and my gift to the baby is a hand knit blanket to match the bedding once it has been selected.

Last night was hard. I give you all alot of credit (those of you with children). Theo had a fever and woke up at 3am crying for 1/2 hour. Had to give him tylenol, then obsessed about it for 1/2 hour after he went back to sleep. He woke up at 6:30am - normal for him, but dan and I normally get up around 9, so it was a big shock to our system!

I am going to the hospital in about an hour. I will link a photo when I get back.

Terry, when I got married, my mom was totally in denial about getting a dress. She felt EXACTLY the same way. Do you have something like a Marshall Fields, Bloomingdales or Nordstrom near you? We went off the rack with really nice formal wear for my mom and the bridesmaids. My neice ended up wearing the dress again several times, as did my sister for her husband's work holiday party. You might want to go that route.

Cathy, that sounds like a TON of work in 4 hours. It seems like clean up could take an hour alone to make sure it is done right. And it doesn't sound like they are giving you any real training, which is a bummer. Try sticking it out, but maybe you could start applying elsewhere. Also, I don't agree with just leaving a job - although I have done it 2x. Once, it was when I first was suffering from panic disorder, and I was a cashier at a pizza place. I was also in college. the other was the job I had in Indiana. I was suffering from so much anxiety that even double my medication couldn't handle it, and I was crying all the time begging Dan not to make me go back. Finally after 3 weeks of crying we agreed that I could not continue to live that way, and sent an email saying that I would not be returning. I do believe in giving proper notice, because I don't like to burn bridges - you never know when you are going to need a job, or a reference.

Tech, sounds like you had a wonderful evening. Sipping wine on the porch sounds so relaxing!

Well, sorry this to is a novel. I am blabbering on because I am so tired. Talk to you later!

Meg :dizzy:

Cool Mom
05-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Afternoon!

Wow, I didn't realize everyone -- except Dahlia who I know is super busy -- had posted since my last chat. It was a pleasant surprise.

Meg, welcome and hugs to little Spencer! Boy or girl because Spencer can go both ways?? Actually, I love that name no matter what the sex. Happy to hear that mom and baby are healthy.

Actually, I did look at Nordstroms and Filenes (similiar to Nordstrom) but I need to go back when I am by myself and in the mood to try on outfits. I may just end up mixing and matching. I did see some really pretty -- dressy -- palazzo pants with sheer overlay panels to give it a long skirt effect. They were pricey but I expected as much. They were black -- not sure if I can wear black. I was thinking if worse came to worse, soemthing like that with a colorful top would be OK.

Cathy, I did see some very pretty suits in Nordies too, and I was wondering about that as well. Whatha all think?? I know Stu's mom is wearing something tea length -- a two piece dress if I remember correctly. I am not a paisley pastel person and so much of what I saw was either purple, orange, torquise, fuschia, etc., with lots of ruffles and such. So not me.

I'll find something -- I always do.

Ah, Cathy, too bad about the job and I have to agree with the others as that seems like an awful lot of work for 4 hours and minimum wage. I also agree with Meg, and this is Russ' favorite saying too -- try never to burn your bridges (always exceptions of course) -- because you just never know when you may need something from someone. Hey, it won't hurt to look for something else -- you never know what's out there unless you try. Sounds like a lot of potential back stabbing too and no one needs to be associated with negative people in my opinion anyway. Fingers crossed it all works out for you ....

Tech, thanks for the explanation of your job -- sounds like lots of fun and I especially love the "no nylons" aspect! I have some friends on another thread that live in Michigan and they were also talking about all the ferocious storms you folks have been having. Mother Nature has some scary moments.

It's always nice to have a date with your DH no matter how long we have been married. It's especially great because many a day goes by and sometimes you just never get a chance to just relax and talk period.

I love Pierce Brosnan (who doesn't -- just looking at him is mighty fine :D ) -- I'll have to keep that movie in mind when it comes out on DVD. But then again, we are so long overdue for a movie out. Hmm, speaking of dates ...... :) .

This turned out to be a novel too -- and I have more to say! :lol:

My kids always said I talk too much .... :^:

Went to Curves again today as I want to get in my three days this week because they are closed Saturday and next Monday for the Memorial Day Weekend. Anyone have anu plans?? Looks like the weather is suppossed to be cloudy and rainy -- oh well, we have nothing planned at all. So far!

Well, let me end this tome --- catch you all tomorrow and havea wonderful remainder of the day.

Cathy -- no jokes lately from your neck of the woods??!! Miss your perverted mind!! Kidding of course!

Always,

cat90
05-25-2004, 05:55 PM
A-Hem :chin: Terry look at the top of Megs post and you will see "Its a Boy" :lol3: those palazzo pants sound really nice :D

CONGRATULATIONS Auntie Meg :cp:

Tech, Sorry was'nt thinking when i wrote about the sunshine that so many of my American Pals are getting horrendous weather :eek: its hard to imagine all those tornadoes :yikes: until i watch CNN.

Don't get me wrong, i really do love this job and want to keep it i'm just worried that i won't be able to accomplish all thats expected of me :( i certainly would'nt leave without giving notice like this girl is thinking of doing :nono: i look at it this way its easier to get a job when you've already got one ;) so if things get tough and they get on my case then i'll consider looking for something else but if things go OK then i'll be staying. I know its just a case of me being new and not knowing where everything is but that will come in time i'm just hoping that they give me some :lol:

Cool Mom
05-26-2004, 04:52 PM
Ooops!! :lol: :^: Hey, I never said I was the sharpest knife in the drawer! :dizzy: Welcome, baby Boy Spencer!! This is just a fly thru as I need to get back to my filing -- tons of that and laundry too. Such fun :) .

Meigg
05-26-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the congrats guys! private message me your email addresses and I can send you a photo. Soooo cute!

Well, I must say I am quite proud of myself. Downloaded the photos for the first time from my digital camera, and even printed about 10! One I even cropped. It must be the new camera and new printer. It was IMPOSSIBLE to print a 4x6 photo with the old printer, and the quality was crummy. This camera is fabulous, and totally easy to use.

I spent the last hour organizing my photos into folders on the PC, and printing a few for Dan of him and his car. I am making a book for him - sort of a before & after book. I got him a nice leather book at Marshall's. I figured it was something that he wouldn't be embarrassed to pull out.

Well, time to go pick him up from work!

Meg

Dahlia
05-27-2004, 07:34 AM
Good morning ladies, :coffee:

Aww a new baby boy.. how sweet. :bb: Megg I have a new digital camera too.. my son sent it to me and I have been figuring it out too.. I love it. I'll never use a regular camera again... this is so fast, and the pictures print out so nice too. Ah modern technology isn't it grand? :lol:

I have been super busy, even though we have had rain every single day so far this month. :rain: The sun is shining this morning, but there is still a chance of a thunderstorm by days end.

I have been doing real well with my eating :eating2: I am down 10 pounds :cheer: and not really trying. Just too busy to cook much or eat and have been making good choices.

Today I am taking the whole day off, first one in 14 days. Seems like I've been living at work. :crazy: but like they say have to make hay while the sun shines... :sunny:

Going to go off with my grandbabies, taking our flowers to the cemetery back in my hometown, then taking the kids to play on the beach playground then meeting my sister and one of her granddaughters for lunch at Burger King, where they have an indoor playarea. Will have to make a good choice there.

Cathy, I am glad you like your new job. It seems so overwhelming right now, but give yourself some time and you'll be surprised how much you'll get done in 4 hours. I think it is so rude and wrong when someone just walks off a job without warning. I guess I see it from the owner's view and I know how'd they feel. I also have worked for others so I can understand how that side is too, but I still think you should give notice and tell the boss why you are leaving. It may not help you but if it's something that can be changed you never know. There are usually reasons why things are done the way they are and if you know why sometimes its easier to do them. But then again sometimes you just aren't compatible, but there is still no reason to be rude or inconsiderate. Like someone said, don't burn bridges...you never know when you may need to cross them again.

Well, now it was my turn to write a novel.. :write: :comp: I love these little icons..can you tell? :lol:

Have a good one all, and keep posting, even if I don't reply I try to read them everyday.

Dahlia

TechAlum
05-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Hello All,

Just got home from the park. Took the dogs and met my parents to go for a walk. Dad took the younger one and walked fast and far, although the dog decided he wanted some geese and goslings and tried to pull my dad into the lake. It was pretty funny, wish I'd had the video camera to catch it on film. Mom and I took the older dog and my 2yo nephew (she was babysitting) and went a little slower and not so far. After we were done my nephew decided to "walk" one of the dogs, keep in mind both my dogs are about 70 lbs while he's only about 20 so its more like the dog's walking him, also pretty funny to watch. I let the golden go swimming, so when we got home I left the dogs in the yard so he could dry off, and I came down stairs to check posts. Suddenly I hear the dogs beating on the door and what sounds like rain. I ran upstairs to find it pouring and both dogs now soaked. Oh well, so much for that plan.....And I sure hope Noah's got me on the guest list.

Meg - congrats on the baby, he sounds cute. And surviving the babysitting, I think it gets easier the more you do it. I know the secondtime my nephew spent the night I slept better than the first etc...

Dahlia - :bravo: on those 10 lbs, you deserve them with all the work you've been doing (both at work and Curves)

Cathy - I'm glad you like the new job, and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, it just takes time and patience.

Terry - Sometimes you crack me up. Have fun doing that filing and laundry, two of my favorite things (not!)

Well, I should probably stop typing and go eat lunch and then go lock myself in my quilt room. I need to finish a quilt for my neice's graduation present, and I seem to work best under pressure.

Have a great day everyone.

-Tech
251/242.5/235/170 (start/current/goal for 6/21/final goal) Weighed myself Wed and weighed the same as last week :)

cat90
05-28-2004, 05:26 PM

Finished filing yet T? ;)

Congrats on the weightloss Dahlia :bravo: thats super!

I'm back on track and the last 4 days i've racked up 15.5mls on my treadmill :tread: i'm down another 2lbs too :cp: for a total of 8.5lbs since May 3rd :D

I'm going to the mall later so i'll pop into the store and check what shift i'm on on Sunday :) think it will be 7-11am :shrug: i hope the other girl turns up :crossed: and does'nt leave me to it just yet :lol: but if she does i'll just do the best that i can and let the 'management' sort it out :lol:

Meigg
05-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Dahlia and Cathy - great job on the weight loss! I am down 7 pounds since 5/1, so I am doing well.

Today I had my metabolism tested. You plug your nose and breathe into a machine for 10 minutes. I thought my meds were slowing my metabolism. But, I AM NORMAL!!!! Basically, it just goes to show that I just need to lower my calories and exercise and I WILL BE ABLE TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT!!! I am very happy. No excuses now, as I had basically given up.

Looking forward to a great 3 day weekend. Hope you all have one to!

Meg

Meigg
05-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi guys - hope you are all having a great weekend. Went to get my hair cut and colored today. Then Dan and I went to see "The Day After Tomorrow". It was great. Then we came home and watched Elaine Stritch's one woman show on HBO, and now we are watching Jaws. I love watching my favorite movies over and over again....this is one of them.

Don't really have any other plans for the weekend - although we have plans for dinner on Monday.

Hope someone checks in this weekend!
Meg

cat90
05-30-2004, 05:52 PM
Congrats on the weightloss Meg :cp: we are on a roll :cb: :lol: I keep saying i'm going to get my hair cut off but i never get around to it :lol: now i'm thinking of waiting until i reach goal and then having a makeover ;) (sort of) to complete the new me in time for the relatives coming over :lol:

cat90
06-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Hey, i know you've had a bank holiday weekend but :coach: come on! :lol: hope you all had a good time :D

Had a sleepless night last night and had to get up for work this morning :rolleyes: my first time working alone :eek: when i got there i found my card still does'nt work to let me into the building so i had to wait to be let in :( when i went to sign in the manager came running up to me and told me to take my personal belongings upstairs before i signed in so i said OK and carried on signing in seeing as i'd almost done it :shrug: when he saw me do that he said "NO, take your belongings upstairs first" so i had to leave it, run upstairs put my stuff in a locker and then run back down to sign in :mad: i was a bit annoyed that he stopped me from signing in because with all the messing around it was almost 7am and if you clock in after .59 of the hour (i.e 6.59am) you are working you face disciplinary action :mad: apparently they want you to sign in just as you are about to start work :dunno: so they gain your time all the time, you aren't allowed to do anything of a personal nature in their time apart from go to the loo if you have to and i usually do that on my break :lol3: but they don't mind you giving THEM extra time :rollpin: i was 20 minutes late leaving again today without pay and i've easily given them 3hrs extra over the short time i've worked there :mad: i am beginning to see why other employees gripe about this place :lol: i still like it but its definitely a full time job, you would'nt believe the list of things that she'd left for me to do today and i seem to be getting extra duties all the time :lol: she even added "dusting" to my duties today :yikes: give me a break :lol: i don't even have time to tidy the stock up never mind dust it. Rant over ;) i was too tired to treadmill when i got home so i'll do that in the morning :wave:

Dahlia
06-02-2004, 08:18 AM
Cathy,
I don't know where you work, but have they heard of labor laws...don't sound like it.
Every state has different ones but these people sound a bit over the edge. I am glad you are enjoying your job but don't let them abuse you either. If you are still working after your shift ends, don't sign out till you are done working. It works both ways on signing in and out..

Our chaotic busyness has slowed down. Here it is June 2 and our highest temp is suppose to be maybe 60 if we are lucky, with of course a chance of showers. This has been the wettest spring I can remember in a long time.

Had a nice weekend. We actually closed Monday, but we went to a graduation party, got groceries, went shopping and bought a new recliner, massage and heater :) in it.
Planted a little around our house and cut the grass which was about knee high with all the rain, even though the neighbor had cut it twice for us already.

I just got back from Curves, am still on the downward climb and feeling good. Have to go pack me a sandwich for lunch and have some breakfast then get to work so will check in this evening. Have a good one all.

Dahlia

cat90
06-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Hi Ladies :wave: :coach: wherever you are :lol:

Dahlia, i work for a big company that is unionised so its not a case of them taking advantage of me its normal practice :yikes: as for clocking off when i leave we've already gone that route. I told her it was 11.20am when i clocked out one morning and she (the supervisor) said "i'll make it right" in other words she'll knock the extra time off :rollpin: if i'm only on a four hour shift that's all they're going to pay me whether its half an hour later when i leave or what :mad: the thing i can't understand is that my supervisor sometimes works a 12hr day and she told me she can work up to a 60hr week :eek: i've been working 4hrs on Sundays and this week i've worked 8hrs and it seems to me that she's designating more of her duties to me so that she has a cushy time of it :dunno: she goes on holiday this month so i'll be working full time to cover for her and she has'nt shown me half of what i'm supposed to do :dunno: the training or should i say lack of it :lol: at this place sucks :p and yesterday when i had a problem i asked the pharmacist who then referred me to another supervisor who in turn referred me back to him :lol3: so i got nowhere :nono: and they don't care as long as the job is done. I'm just going to take the other girls advice :yes: she said "you're only working for minimum wage so only GIVE them minimum wage's worth" :rofl:

Glad to hear that you are still losing Dahlia :cp: good work :D

I walked 3mls this morning :tread: but i also ate some choccy biscuits after lunch :o i'm a bad cat ;)

Meigg
06-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Cathy - you are a better one than me - that place would drive me INSANE!!!! If I were you I would just start leaving on time. Boy, I bet they would pitch a fit!

Bad news today, Dan got laid off. I may not be checking in for a while, as I am a little down about it. I keep thinking that this means we will NEVER get to move into a house. I know, I know, that isn't true. But I still think it.

Talk to you later...
Meg

Dahlia
06-03-2004, 07:43 AM
Meg, Sorry to hear about your husband being laid off. there is so much of that going on, it's scary. And Cathy, if your supervisor is going to make it right,, she should be paying you for the extra time not knocking it off.. BUT if you are only getting minimum wage and they only schedule you for 4 hours and that is all they are paying you for, then watch that clock girl and when 4 hours is up, leave. Tell them that is all they want you to work, so so be it... as for not training you for what you have to do and then leaving you to do it all, that is a bunch of bull crap.. excuse me but what kind of winky dink place is this. These people are using you and I don't know why you are letting them do it... their work ethics are deplorable and if I were you, I would not be there at all. I'm sure you can find a job where you are treated better and compensated for your time at a more reasonable rate. If this is how they treat their employees I can imagine how a customer is treated.

Ok, I'm off my soap box.. but as a business owner and employer that kind of stuff really irks me.

WEll off to work, will check back this evening.

Dahlia

cat90
06-03-2004, 06:04 PM
:lol: I've struck a nerve with Dahlia she's on her :soap: :lol3: actually it amazes me cos i thought it would be a great place to work :dunno: i do like it but their EXPECTATIONS of what can be accomplished in 3 and 3 quarter hrs is amazing! I've decided to watch the clock and start at the exact minute i'm supposed to and leave at the same ;)

Meg, Bad news about hubby :( sorry to hear that :grouphug: maybe he'll be lucky and walk straight into something new :crossed:

I walked/jogged 3.25mls this morning :tread: and have'nt done much else :dunno: its gorgeous too so i should get out in the garden :wave:

Dahlia
06-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Good evening all.
Boy how can one's body hurt in so many places? :) I am so sore and tired... was a busy day, restocking, moving everything around, getting somethings ready for a sale. My body is so sore, just finished my posting so am going to go sit and relax in my new recliner, turn on the vibrator have hubby fix me a drink.. and probably fall asleep.

Cathy, glad to hear you are going to put in your time and leave when you are suppose to done or not....you didn't really strike a nerve, it's just that I get set off when people are taken advantage of, and worse yet when they let it happen to them without standing up for themselves, so I am glad you are taking care of yourself. We have to be strong to be out there.
Ok, well have a good one all, later.
Dahlia

And Meg, Iagree with Cathy, hopefully your hubby will get something else real quick..and things will work out even better :)

cat90
06-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Good Morning Ladies :)

Now where is Terry and Chris :?: :nono: they better get back and quick :lol:

I'm down another pound this week, i'm sure it would have been more but i've indulged in quite a few things that i should'nt have this week :lol: i'm having pizza today and a few beers tonight :D then i plan to be an :angel: next week.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND LADIES :wave:

Meigg
06-07-2004, 12:23 AM
Hi guys. I have to get back into exercising again, as I think it will help me out of this funk. I am really obsessing about Dan being laid off. It is really getting to me. I am going to get to the gym tomorrow, and get back on the wagon.

Did everyone have a nice weekend? I hope so!!!! Talk to you tomorrow!
Meg

Dahlia
06-07-2004, 07:31 AM
Good morning ladies,

I feel good this morning, I am now down 13.5 pounds....YEAH!!!!!!!:) I went to a wedding Saturday night, and out to supper last night with hubby,I am making good healthy choices and it's getting easier.....I am feeling better physically and mentally. I still have a long way to go but I feel confident I can accomplish it. I have been slacking on going to curves this past couple weeks, I have only been getting in one or two days a week. But I am getting so much exercise at work that I am not hurting there.. I plan to get backup to 3 times a week starting in July and going on till Oct. till my contract expires...

The weather is finally catching up with the calendar. We are suppose to hit the 80's today. This morning I put my screens in my windows. This is late this year. It just hasn't been warm enough till now.

Meeting one of my sisters for lunch today. But I am confident I'll make a good choice and if I can come away from a meal feeling good about it.. that is a major step in the right direction. Hope you all are doing well and will check in this evening. Have a good day.

Dahlia :)

cat90
06-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Dahlia, thats AWESOME :bravo: Congratulations you've waited so long for this :cp: you're going to be disappointed in me :o i was supposed to work yesterday from 5am till 10am and it was bedlam :rollpin: the supervisor did'nt leave the money off coupons in the usual place for me so i thought there was'nt any and at 9.30am the manager told me to leave what i was doing and put them up :shrug: i told him i did'nt have any and he took me upstairs to find them :mad: it was 9.30am by now and i had'nt had my break so i rushed back to my department and posted them and did'nt get away until 10.25am :mad: so that is another 40 minutes of unpaid work i have done :rollpin: when i was leaving i was talking to a girl on the next aisle and she told me that the man that did my job before me was so overworked that he actually came into work ONE HOUR earlier every morning just so he could get the work done! 5 extra hrs a week without pay! he transferred to another department and everytime he see's me he gives me a wry smile as if to say "i know what you're going through" :rolleyes: i've only worked 7 shifts since i started and i must have put in about 4 extra hours that i'm not getting paid for :( Hubby say's i should just leave when my time is up but i can't because no-one else takes over from you when you leave its just got to be done :( i don't know what to do because i still really like the job i just need 6hrs to do what my supervisor wants doing in 4hrs :dunno: i still did'nt get everything done even tho' i worked extra time, i just did the neccessities and left the rest. BTW, i was also told that my supervisor would laugh and brag about what a mug that guy was for working extra hours for nothing :mad: i would be livid if i thought she was doing the same about me because i'm really conscientious and have always taken pride in my work. I don't know whether to tell her i have a problem with the time frame and ask if she can give me more hours or just bypass her altogether and go to the manager. To add insult to injury hubby worked out that i got up at 3.30am to earn enough pay to buy a case of beer :cry: think i should just stay in bed :rofl: i forgot to turn the timer off on the tv too so that came on at 4am this morning :yawn: so i've had another early start to the day. I want to treadmill but i keep yawning :tired: and i'll feel much better if i do ;) think i'll have another cuppa first :wave:

cat90
06-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey, my supervisor has just rung me to ask if i can work in the morning and she went on to tell me how i had done alright yesterday so i told her that it was **** and how i'd not got a break and had finished late yet again :mad: i was just about to tell her that i was'nt prepared to keep working overtime for nothing when she butted in and said "oh, you know what i'll pay you for it" :cb: i'm gonna keep her to it too :D

Dahlia
06-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Cathy, I am glad you told your supervisor when she called ....there is no way you should be working those extra hours and not getting paid for it....you are putting in the time, you should be paid for it... and you're only getting minimum wage, You are a snook, :) sorry, for doing it...they are getting away with it cause you let them... they hired you to do a job, and a certain time frame... if it really can't be done in that time frame then you need to renegoiate....since no one seems to be able to do it in the time frame they say, then they need to give you more time, paid time to do it... or let them do it themselves... and you can bet they are talking about it ....... and you can also bet they wouldn't be doing it without being paid.

I had a good and bad day today,, started out by taking my mil to get her hair done, the beautician was only 2 minutes from my grandbabies house so I stopped in to get a fix of my grandbabies,, :) then my sister came to get me and we had a nice enjoyable lunch, and a quick walk around a couple shops and I got a few nice deals.
Then I went back to work. One lousy customer ruined my whole day. She called that she was coming to pick up her order, which should have been picked up like 3 weeks ago. She told me how much she thought it was, well she was short like 40 some odd dollars, I told her the exact cost and she started telling me I quoted her cheaper etc... but I never did, I had it all on paper what she was told etc... but she gave me this song and dance how her hubby is laid off blah blah blah... and she couldn't afford the flowers etc..... and had she known how much it was etc.... well I ended up knocking some off just to accomodate her, but she still wasn't happy, said they weren't what she wanted... well she had been in 3 times over the course of the weeks, she seen the containers done up and talked to me about them..etc. and they were fine.. but today she didn't want to pay for them full price.. I let my employee handle her cause she made me so mad I didn't want to lose it... but I hope she don't come back.. I don't need customers like her...

There I vented now thanks girsl.. now I can do my posting and go have some supper.
It is hot today, 81 outside and in the greenhouse I don't even want to know...but we had to water everything twice today...

later
Dahlia

Meigg
06-09-2004, 11:32 AM
Dahlia - sorry to hear about your crummy customer. That stinks. And Cat, I am glad you are going to get your overtime pay.

in the 90s here - soooo hot. I worked out yesterday. I am packing my stuff to work out again today. I just hope that I can still do it. there is no AC at my restaurant - it is broken, and I am worried I will be too wiped out from working to go to the gym. Had a good day of eating yesterday, but I fear I ate too much. I am working on it though.

Hope you all have a good day!

cat90
06-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Hi Ladies,

Dahlia, people like that suck :p last week one woman came up to me and asked where she could find bulk shampoo so i replied "its in the next aisle" and she said "thats bubblebath, even I KNOW WHAT BUBBLEBATH LOOKS LIKE!!" I mumbled an apology and told her it was'nt my aisle but went to look anyway and sure enough IT WAS SHAMPOO!! I pointed at it and said "look shampoo" she looked at me funny so i picked up the bottle put it in front of her, pointed at the bottle and said "SHAMPOO" she said "oh, i'm so sorry" :yes: I SHOULD THINK SO TOO :lol:

I don't think i'm getting the pay i'm owed as my super came into work yesterday on her day off to input my hours into the computer and asked me if i'd worked 24hrs, i told her i did'nt know offhand and would have to check my calendar then i said to her "i thought you were paying me extra time" she replied "that will go on next months cos it was from Sunday right?" well, it was but i put in some extra time last month too :( and we do clock in so the hours will be on the computer anyway :shrug: i'm just sick of bothering so i'm gonna let it go and if i don't finish on time on my next shift i'm gonna go ask a manager if he'll pay me extra for staying :yes: if not i'll just leave it. I know i'm a soft touch but i'm not that soft when i think i'm being taken advantage of ;)
:lol: @ snook, i've never heard of that before :shrug:

Hope your day worked out fine Meg and you got to workout :cb: how is Dan doing? any luck with work prospects yet? :crossed:

I've been feeling a bit down the last few days and its shown in my eating habits which have been atrocious :( it started with that pizza on friday then progressed into chocolates and chocolate biccies :eek: i need to get back on track.

Dahlia
06-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Cathy, the snook remark was not a put down, it just means a softie who people take advantage of...but I am glad you are working on that...I was talking to some of the ladies at work about your job and one of the ladies who used to work for a department store, which is unionized... said you should talk to your labor leader or whatever they are called, I forget. and that no place would get away with practices like that.

I took off early from work today, like 45 minutes and went for groceries. Then brought home some kfc for supper. I am still doing good. We had some heavy t-storms and rain last night, was up from about 12:30 till almost 5 this morning as the lightning was so bright and the thunder so loud and the rain so heavy, we had lots of roads washed out today and water damage around the area. In fact our township is one of 4 in area that have declared a state of emergency. We had just had two loads of gravel dumped in our driveway at work yesterday and my son leveled it out, it took most of the day to do, well this morning it is all downhill in the pond across the road. Talk about timing. :(

Well, I better get my posting done so I can go relax for a spell. Later gals,
Dahlia

cat90
06-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Oh Dahlia, what a mess :( i was watching the weather channel over here and i could'nt believe that Saskatoon got a frost warning a couple of nights ago :eek: in June! I really do take this climate for granted :dunno: and i'm so glad that we don't experience extreme weather changes like lots of the country does :)

As for seeing the union representative, i don't want to rock the boat until i've been there a few months :shrug: i think you are on 3mths trial when you start so i don't want them thinking i'm trouble and there has'nt been any nastiness its just my fault for being overly enthusiastic and wanting to impress them :lol:

I walked 4mls this morning :cb: have'nt done anything for a couple of days :o so i thought i'd try and make ammends :lol:

cat90
06-11-2004, 12:18 PM
One week of pigging out has taken its toll and i've gained 2.5lbs this week :rollpin: got to get back to it :nono: i was doing so well too :(

Meigg
06-11-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi ladies! ;)

Well, Cat, your job just doesn't seem to be calming down. Dahlia is right about the union rep - now I know why people fight so hard to do it. You always here about unions taking advantage - but never about how hard the workers were taken advantage of BEFORE they unionized. I don't blame people like teachers for threatening to walk out - they are totally underpaid. Well, off the soapbox... :lol:

Dahlia - I can't believe your weather! Are you guys okay? We had a huge storm all last night. But nothing like what you had.

Work is going well. I think they start the AC work at my restaurant on Wed or Thurs, and then it is like a 5 day job. That is a LONG time to go without air at a restaurant! My hair was soaked again today.

I do have to brag, I have been eating well the last few days. Especially today. I am going to hit the gym tomorrow morning b4 I go to my sister's. I got the WORST night sleep last night, and then I looked at my pills this morning, and saw I didn't take one of them (the side effect makes me sleep thru the night! :dizzy: ). It took about 2 hours for me to fall asleep, I woke up 4 times, and was up at like 7:30 - I normally get up at 9:30 on Fridays. I wasn't groggy at all - reminded me of the days b4 bipolar disorder :( .

Anyway, my Slimfast mac & cheese is done, so I am going to go eat it now. Have a great weekend, and let's all make positive choices, one meal at a time!

Meg

cat90
06-13-2004, 02:57 PM
:lol: Meg the worst nights sleep you describe is a typical one for me :rofl: only i get up anywhere between 4am and 5am :yikes: it sucks does'nt it? no wonder i feel like a zombie half the time :tired: its made even worse by the fact that i can't just lie in bed and hope to 'drop off' anymore :dunno: i've got to get up for work :yawn: whether i've slept or not :spin: family come over in 2mths and i'm not looking forward to it at all cos i know they're gonna be up until all hours partying and i won't get much sleep at all :eek: i need total silence, i can't even settle when hubby has the tv on low :( and they won't want to be quiet and go to bed early when they are on holiday :shrug: i can't see myself getting much rest until they are gone :( oooh, thats a bit of a rotten post is'nt it? :lol: did'nt mean to sound like they're not welcome just that the lack of sleep is'nt :rofl:

I don't like unions and resent my hard earned cash being deducted out of my pay to go to one :rollpin: but i won't hesitate to go to the rep if the extra time problem is'nt sorted out, i think it is :yes: i collared my super and asked her what i should do if i don't get all the stuff on the shelves in time, do i take it back to the warehouse and leave her a note or what? she told me to always ask a manager if i need to work extra time, not just do it. If he OK's it then i get paid if he does'nt then i'll put it back and go home :lol: no more Ms Softee he-he.

Got to get back on track tomorrow :^: had a full week of bingeing :hun: and did'nt really enjoy it to be honest, i was just feeding the void/depression i was feeling.

cat90
06-15-2004, 04:17 PM
Getting quiet around here again :dunno: i'm back on track :cb: walked 4mls yesterday and did OK with eating :D today is looking pretty good too :) have'nt exercised yet but will walk a couple of miles later hopefully. :wave:

Meigg
06-16-2004, 05:00 PM
Cat - you are right - there are tumbleweeds blowing thru our thread. I have been busy waitressing, picking up extra shifts. I have been successful at eating smaller portions, but had trouble getting to the gym.

Hope all is well!
Meg

cat90
06-16-2004, 06:11 PM
I'm the same Meg :( i was up at 5am the past 2 mornings so have'nt felt like bothering when i get home :p i've been really tired :yawn: insomnia and having an early morning job don't mix :lol: have 2 more 5am mornings on Friday and Saturday and then a 4am one on Sunday :( :tired: I'll try and treadmill tomorrow on my day off.

Dahlia
06-17-2004, 06:49 AM
Hi Cathy and MEg,
I too have been super busy. Besides running sales at work, we cleaned out my hubby's ancestorial home getting it ready to be demolished, so we are having a super yard sale in front of the business for the next 3 days. I am going in 2 hours early to do the final set up preparations. I haven't been to Curves in 2 weeks, after working 10-12 hours a day, 7 days a week in temperatures around 100 degrees I am whipped.
Come July I plan to get back into the routine of 3 days a week. I am maintaining my loss however and still making good and healthy choices. I'm probably sweating most of if off..think 85 degrees outside, and I am under plastic....

Still waiting for my 5th grandbaby to make his arrival. It is any day now. We are getting anxious. Mommy has been very uncomfortable since Sunday. But baby is taking his good ole time. :)

Cathy how is the job going? Getting those extra hours paid for yet? Is Terry still out there...she is probably slaving away like the rest of us. What happened to the rest of the ladies who used to post? Have we lost them?

Have a good one catch ya later.
Dahlia

Sammy01
06-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi All,

Dahlia, you haven't lost me :) I keep turning up again like a bad penny LOL. I'm so glad to come back and still find you ladies here after all this time. Life has been far too busy these days and I'm losing my sense of self but the end is in sight and relief will soon be at hand. Congratulations on the impending arrival of a newest grandchild. How exciting!! My God Daughter is now two and is going full barrell....she's a whirlwind that's for sure and funny as all get out. She can't say Uncle very well and it sounds more like Arnold so Erwin gets a big out of that :)

Weight wise I'm still holding my own. I'm up 5 lbs. over goal but it hasn't ever gotten higher than that so I'm still very pleased with myself even though I'm adopting some bad habits again that I need to nip in the bud.

Cathy, what's this new job I'm hearing about? How is that gorgeous little darling Olivia? How's the weather on the coast? We've been rained on for five days straight and today is finally sunshine!!! love it!

Meigg, sorry to hear about Dan. Prayers for you both that he's able to find something quickly again. How are you doing otherwise?

Is Terry still around? Isn't Katy's wedding coming up soon or have I missed it already?

Well I'm at work so I best skidaddle off again. Take care you all and keep the faith.

Pam

Meigg
06-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Pam, congratulations on maintaining your loss. That really is half the battle, I think. Do you weigh yourself everyday? That is how my mom has kept her weight off.

Dahlia, I can't imagine all that heat AND working under plastic. You must feel like a giant sweatball. No wonder you haven't gotten to Curves - you must be exhausted from the heat! You will get back on track. And good luck with the yard sale!

Today I finished putting a film on our living room windows that blocks 99% of the UV rays. It reflects 77% more heat in summer, and keeps the room 55% warmer in the winter. The room has been SOOO hot, even with the air on, and I was worried that our furniture and curtains would get sun damage. I can already tell that the room is getting cooler.

I am still doing well with smaller portions. I am doing my own thing now, which is comfortable. I am using low carb products for things like bread, cereal and pasta, and trying to go a little low fat when I can as well. My portions are half of what they used to be, and I am incorporating fruit or veggies at every meal. I am also having a snack with cottage cheese and fruit.

I saw a commercial for Jenny Craig yesterday, and this girl lost 35 pounds in 27 weeks. That was when it hit me that a 1 pound a week loss is all I should be shooting for. And sometimes, if that doesn't happen, that is okay to.

Well, I am treating myself to a movie right now. So I need to get back to it.

Hope you all have a great night!

Meg

Cool Mom
06-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Hello! My computer has been down and out for weeks now -- but I am back. Boy, did I have Computer Withdrawal bad!

Comcast finally came out yesterday afternoon and networked our computers so I am right as rain. I have so much to catch up on with you all too.

Pam, welcome back -- I think about you often. Hugs! And, what a great job staying around your goal weight too.

Yes, Katie is getting married and it's July 10th -- just a few more weeks. I have really been out of the loop in regard to plans and such since it's in New Hampshire. They have done all the orchestrating and everything is going well. I even found a dress -- just need shoes and a purse.

I have been faithfully going to Curves every week (4-5 times) and I still love it. Food choices have not been the best but I'm working on it. My clothes are fitting better even though the scale hasn't moved much. At least I am not gaining.

Sorry this is so short but I have a ton of things to do today and the morning is slipping fast. Hope all is well with everyone -- I need to go back and catch up on all the posts that I have missed. Hopefully this afternoon!

Take care and have a wonderful day .... Terry

Meigg
06-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Terry - glad to have you back. Glad you found a dress for the wedding. You must be so excited! And as you said, you haven't gained, which is half the battle. You might be turning fat into muscle since you are still working out, so you may have lost weight without knowing it.

I am down to 185. So my goal for next Friday is to weigh in at 184. Father's Day might be tough, but I am on the job.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Meg

cat90
06-18-2004, 05:23 PM

Dahlia, NO i've not been paid any extra hours :dunno: i'm not bothered i'll just put it down to experience and try and get OUT ON TIME :lol: which i'm not succeeding at doing very well, 15 mins late the last 2 days :eek: i don't know why but i just don't want to stop :lol: i wish they'd give me more hours. I finished yesterday and needed a few things so i went shopping and while i was shopping i was tidying up the stock! :yikes: hubby thinks i'm losing it :lol: its compulsive behavior now :fr:

Hey Terry, wondered what was up ;) we missed you. I thought the wedding was in September :^: don't know why :dunno: what is your dress like? do tell ;)

Hiya Pam, great to hear from you and Congrats on maintaining :cp: i've got a part time job in the Superstore doing the pharmacy stock. I like it but they don't give me enough hours to get everything done and like a sucker i've been working for FREE :lol: but i'm getting better and will finish on time someday soon ;)

Down 2lbs this week which is a fluke :dunno: or maybe last weeks gain was water retention :shrug: either way i feel like a yo-yo lately :lol:

cat90
06-18-2004, 05:27 PM
ooops i forgot to say :dizzy: Pam we are baking here :hot: it was 30 degrees yesterday :eek: just the kind of weather to sit on the deck with a cold one ;) i'm sweating in here so i'm gonna get my sunscreen on and lie on the deck :wave:

Cool Mom
06-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Morning!

Scale finally started to move down -- lost 1.5 lbs since my last weigh-in a few weeks ago. Speaking of flukes, hopefully this isn't one as well. Congrats on the weight loss, Cathy and Meg -- and anyone else I may have forgotten. I have not had a chance to catch up yet on all the posts I have missed.

Cathy, my dress is a champagne color and three piece -- lacy camisole top with a light jacket. The bottom is pants with a panel over each leg to give the illusion of a dress. They call it a "duster" -- why I don't know, but it was under "mother of the bride" so it's appropriate :). It was only $79 so I got away cheap! I even looked at Nordstroms thinking I could find a classy suit to wear but couldn't -- now I am glad I didn't because I would have spent so much more.

It's a muggy day here and I am in a very lazy mood. I do have some filing to do and that's next on the agenda after the newspaper and some breakfast.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Terry

Cool Mom
06-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Not much new -- don't have a car today so I can't get to Curves. Bummer. Think I'll do an exercise tape instead seeing that my treadmill is still broken. Did OK with food over the weekend -- not good, not bad.

Beautiful weather today -- longest day of the year too so it's appropo!

Get up everyone!

Sammy01
06-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Hi all,

Had another busy weekend but we're finally almost done the home reno's! The carpet was installed on Friday and the furniture delivered on Saturday...yay! Baseboards are the last project and then by gosh I think we're finally gone. It's been a long month for sure!

Hope you all had a good weekend. I'll write more later,

Pam

cat90
06-21-2004, 04:18 PM

Terry, your outfit sounds lovely :) and what a bargain!! :eek: well done with snagging that one :cp: congrats on the weightloss too :D

I'm not doing so well this heat is making me lethargic so i'm just eating anything and drinking even more :lol3: i'm journalling what i've eaten today and trying to get back on track, less than 2mths until the relatives arrive and i want there to be less of me around by then ;) been out powerwashing the windows and deck this morning :cb: i'm planning to go out to sunbathe now will leave the vacuuming until later ;)

Meigg
06-23-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi guys! Just got back from the gym. My second day in a row. I found a new way to get motivated, and it seems to be working. I am rolling out of bed, getting dressed, and am on my way. Did lower body today, and I must admit I am a little weak in the knees!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Meg

cat90
06-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Yep, thats the best way Meg :yes: i used to get up and put my workout gear on straight away so that "i knew" i was going to do it :lol: and that worked too. I should try that trick again, :thanks:

Meigg
06-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi guys. Day 3 at the gym went well, but in a LOT of pain from yesterday. Tomorrow I lift weights for my arms. Hope I can waitress afterwards!

How is everyone? Enjoying the weather I hope!

Talk to you later - meg

cat90
06-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Don't overdo it Meg :nono: experiencing pain is how your body tells you to slow down :yes: maybe do some aerobic and give your muscles time to recover ;) Great Job btw :cp:

I have'nt been exercising at all :( been getting very little sleep and i've felt rotten all week :tired: I managed to sleep last night and feel much better today. I wish I was like hubby, he sleeps like a baby EVERY night and bounces out of bed every morning refreshed and ready to take on the world :cb: I get up and feel like i've been hit by a bus :rofl: its just not fair :rollpin:

My best friends Dad died yesterday so I was on the phone to England this morning to give my condolences :cry: she was holding up pretty well but said that it will hit her again at the funeral next week :( I came off the phone feeling very homesick cuz she was getting ready to go out and if i'd been there I would have been going out with her :dunno: I don't think i'll get there again this year with going in Feb and with having a job so I said I'll definitely go next year and we'll have a holiday together :D

Have a Great Weekend Ladies :wave:

Meigg
06-25-2004, 06:54 PM
Cathy - sorry to hear about your friend's loss. And I am sorry that you are homesick. But like you said, the two of you can catch up next year.

Today was my upper body workout, and I didn't want to overdo it, so I only used 5 pound weights. I did all the exercises, just didn't want to kill myself again like on Wednesday.

Tomorrow, cardio, hair cut and color, and work (I don't like that last one!)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Meg

Dahlia
06-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Just a quick note to tell you I am a grandma again.. Little Jaxon Alexander was born this morning in Calif... he weighed 7 lb. 11 oz... 20 inches. Now I can't wait to go Calif. and see him and his brother...:) I am very excited...

Will post more later...
Cathy sorry about your friends loss,

Meigg
06-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Dahlia - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How VERY exciting! When do you leave?

cat90
06-25-2004, 08:27 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Grandma Dahlia :cp: :balloons:

Dahlia
06-29-2004, 08:15 AM
Ladies, Ladies,
WE fell off the page again. Just thought I'd bring us back up to the top again. Been working my tail off getting things closed up for the season. Today and tomorrow are our last days in retail. The wholesale side is still in full swing and stays that way all year round. I'll be in the office full time for a while getting things recorded and sorted out and ready for the next season. Today is my oldest son's b/day. He is 31.. wow, that makes me feel much older, course as my hubby says, I was 14 when I had him.. :lol: (not really but was nice of him to say so). We are going out to dinner with him and his g/f and our youngest son and his g/f, whom is soon to be his fianace'. So will have a wedding to be planning over the next many months. I think they will wait till he graduates college next year.. but we will see.

That is all that is happening here. I am maintaining at my low weight so feel good about that.. plan to start back at Curves starting Monday.. so will see if that will encourage more weight loss.

Take care all, and hope to see some posts by this evening.

Dahlia

Meigg
06-29-2004, 09:08 AM
Dahlia, sounds like you are keeping busy.

I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, and really want to fit it in today. I must admit, doing it first thing in the morning really solves the problem for me. I need to go back to that for tomorrow morning.

Today I took the day off from waitressing to work at a housing fair with my new real estate job. Unfortunately, I don't know if I am getting paid. At least I will get a chance to talk with him and see some of the marketing materials.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Meg

cat90
07-02-2004, 02:41 PM
Hi Ladies,

I had to abstain from the internet for a couple of days to get housework and gardening done :rofl: if I come on here then I may as well forget about getting any major jobs done :lol: I'm here for hours :eek:

Gosh Dahlia, the time went by so fast :yikes: it does'nt seem that long ago that you were getting ready to open!

Meg, How did the housing fair go? Did you enjoy it?

cat90
07-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Howdy Ladies :wave: or should I say Missing Ladies :lol:

Not much to say :dunno: I treadmilled 4mls yesterday the first in about 3 weeks :yikes: trying to be good with the calories :rolleyes:

cat90
07-08-2004, 05:16 PM
I'll bump this up again in case anyone pops back :rolleyes:

Walked another 4mls on Wednesday and 5.25mls this morning :tread: eating too much tho' :(

Meigg
07-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi guys. Have we all fallen off the wagon? I am holding my own, but doing alot of waitressing, sewing, and sleeping. I am really tired recently. Can't seem to make it to the gym.

The weather in Chicago is great right now. Hope all of you are out enjoying the summer!

Talk to you soon! Meg

CheriBrorsen
07-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Hey Yall~

Mercy it's been about 100 years since I've stopped by here. My sign in said last time I'd been here was Oct of 2003 :yikes:

Anyway, just wanted to stop in here and say hello to you all. I see some familiar names still. Thats nice. I'm starting fresh tomorrow and thought getting back to some accountablility was probably the best thing to do.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

cat90
07-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Hi Meg and Cheri :wave: Gosh Cheri has it been that long? :yikes:

I thought I was going to have to post here that this thread was 'dead' :lol: cuz its been so quiet :( I'm glad that you both decided to drop by :) I'm currently up to 21 miles for July :dunno: could do better but i'm busy with yardwork. I will definitely clock up more miles that last month :yes:

CheriBrorsen
07-18-2004, 07:29 PM
You could start a new thread...I mean this one is 7 pages long...and who knows it may bring more folks out of the woodwork. ;) How cool that you are keeping up your mileage...I may impliment something like that when I do my walking videos...good idea. Maybe I'll rack up enough miles to make it to McDonalds. :lol: Just kidding...I must have higher goals. :dizzy:

Meigg
07-18-2004, 10:37 PM
Cathy - great job!

Went to a family party today and my mom asked if I had gained weight. REally a nice way to start off...

I will check in tomorrow and tell you what I have been up to.

cat90
07-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Ugh! :rollpin: could'nt you just kill someone for saying that Meg? :rofl:

Mmmm, :chin: maybe its a good idea to start another thread Cheri :dunno: usually someone like Terry (Coolmom) does it but shes not been around lately :cry: I'll start one tomorrow unless one of you beats me to it ;)

Really tired this afternoon :yawn: did'nt sleep last night and did a 5hr shift on my feet this morning :tired: but I want to do some exercise :shrug: trying to summon up the strength to go for a nice bike ride in the sunshine :sunny:

cat90
07-21-2004, 01:54 PM
THIS THREAD IS CLOSED GO TO #175 (if you're around :rolleyes: )