Support Groups - Stay At Home Mom's!!! #167

View Full Version : Stay At Home Mom's!!! #167

watkinsguru
05-11-2004, 01:11 PM
Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!

watkinsguru
05-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Okay a quick post to say that I'm so excited. My sister convinced me that me and dh needed some time together, just the two of us. And not a date, you know dinner and a movie. Something different. So I just reserved he and I a cottage on a lake a little ways from our house. About 2 hours or so. It's primitive with no bathroom but it has a/c and beds and such. It's the weekend after Father's Day and it's only for one night. But anyway I'm so excited. This gives me a new goal: To be down at least 14 lbs. That would put me at 185 and a size smaller. That is 7 weeks and 2 lbs. a week. What do you all think? That's totally doable, right? Maybe more if I try REALLY hard. I'm so excited I just might.
I just wanted to share this with y'all. Ill be back later to get personal. My poor kids are hungry. I've been busy doing this and neglecting them.

spryng
05-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Crystal, that is wonderful news!!!! I take it your sister has volunteered to watch your kids? You and your Dh definitely need some alone time. And I think 14 lbs is doable but don't kill yourself to get them off. With TOM and all that you may not hit 14 lbs but I think you can get really close. But it is so nice to see you excited about something!!! And thanks for starting the new thread.

Well my afternoon is going pretty good. I had two sandwiches for lunch (couldn't decide on what I wanted, lol) so one was a deli meat sandwich with guacomole on it and the other was a pb&j and they were only 2.5 pts each and hit the spot. I think I have decided on roasting the whole chicken for dinner since I'll have 4 extra kids here. That way there will be enough for them too. When I shop and cook I only get enough for 3-4 people because the kids don't eat much and I don't really use much leftovers, but a whole chicken should feed us all. I'll make mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing (none for me) and a veggie on the side and I think I will make some cupcakes too. So it should be a nice dinner and my kids will love having them here for a few hours.
Ok, guess I'll get off here. TTYL!

watkinsguru
05-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Thanks Spryng. No my sister said of course she would but my mom said it too and I'm hoping MIL volunteers. I may split up the kids so no one person gets too exhausted.
BTW, those pictuers are too cute. I think me and my mom and the kids are going to the zoo this weekend. Glad y'all got to go and your kids are cuties.
TTYL

MichelleRae
05-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Those Pictures were adorable Spryng!!

Crystal - How nice for you and your hubby to be able to get away for even one night together!! I think your goal is doable especially if you incorporate some exercise in there :) but like Spryng said don't kill yourself over it :)

Melinda - I think it is totally healthy to come out with the "numbers" thats why I posted my before pictures I mean I'm totally ashamed of them but I know that it was part of the journey that I had to do to make it all worth it :)

Leigh - I know exactly what you were thinking about the dimetapp lol sometimes I wish...like this morning for instance when both my kids were up at 5 am and I didn't get to sleep until 12:30!! I was sooo crabby!!

Well hubby came home and let me go back to bed for a bit thank god for that!! So I just got up AGAIN!!! lol I started telling Taylor that she had a bug in her ear so she would let me clean them and now she is totally obsessed with the "bugs" in her ears lol. My house was immaculate when I went back to bed but now, it looks like a tornado hit it!! Ugghhh well I better go and get it cleaned up!

I will talk to you all later!!
Michelle

watkinsguru
05-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi girls!!! You know some days are awful and others are great. Not that my relationship is better that's the same. But on top of me reserving that cottage for us in 7 weeks which is so exciting, we just got our income tax in and we have SO much stuff to get done with that. Then I tried on some shorts I had from last summer that are a size smaller than I'm in now. They are denim and kind of short, but so comfortable and they make me feel good when I wear them. When I wore them last summer, dh made comments about me getting my figure back. This was after going on Atkins at some point. ANYWAY, they fit me. Not to wear in public yet, but I got them up and zipped with no problem, just alittle too uncomfortable to wear in public. So I'm probably only about 5-10 lbs. out of being in them comfortably. YEAH!!! Things just look so good right now. I needed that.
Michelle, do your kids not sleep well at night? I was just wondering why you went back to bed. Andrew doesn't sleep real well either. I'm not getting a nap in today. But that's okay, too much good stuff is going on.
TTYL

BIGtimeLOSER
05-11-2004, 03:33 PM
Still not feeling great today, so I am not doing much. But I am eating okay and drinking my water.

DH has his second interview tomorrow, so keep us in your prayers.

I had salad and salmon for lunch and a granola bar for breakfast. 2 waters so far, 2 to go(at least). Think I will have fried broccoli and some sort of chicken for dinner.

Christian is doing well, finally. The rest of us are feeling yucky, but not like he did. I just need my energy to keep up with him now. :lol:

Glad to see the rest of you seem to be doing well. I'll chat more later!

Love to all.

Loveliam
05-11-2004, 03:37 PM
sigh I'm having a difficult day. Liam's in a super bad mood (more teething maybe). I desperately need groceries, but we went out to run errands and only got as far as Target before he had a major meltdown. DH has "boy's night" with him tonight - my one night a week to do what I want. I really want scrapbooking time, and I don't want to go grocery shopping during "me" time . . . so, guess that's put off for tomorrow.

On top of that [sorry - I really need to vent] I'm annoyed at my mother. She always gets annoyed if she can't speak to me every single day, but sometimes I want a day where I don't talk to her. It drives me crazy - and she gets annoyed if she skips one day and says things like, "I never get a hold of you." She acts like I should sit around all day doing nothing but waiting for her call; or like I don't have millions of things I'm trying to get done.

Melinda, I'm glad you took a risk and shared your weight numbers with us. I can tell that was difficult for you. Do they seem less powerful now that you've shared them? We eat out a lot too. It's really hard because that's how everyone socializes here. And, yes, Wynonna has lost inches - she's doing inches and not lbs.

Spryng - What great pictures! That looks like a great zoo. Can I come over for dinner? :lol: And I think we're similar in terms of pregnancy. I absolutely lovedbeing pregnant. I was thinking I could even be a surrogate - just kidding!-

Geri - I'm reading Dr. Phil. Want to try him for maintenance.

Crystal - Congrats on the weight loss and the shorts fitting!! How inspiring. oooo! the romantic plans sound wonderful! Sounds like you have the right attitude - think of your ups and downs as growing pains.

Michelle - how nice that you got extra sleep! Good for you.

DS finally fell asleep, so I need to go straighten the kitchen and get a load of laundry started. Thanks for "listening," gals!

meltin
05-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Crystal - I am so psyched for you and dh going on a trip. Good motivation, I think 2 pounds a week is doable. We will keep you accountable.

Cindy - I hope dh gets the job. Imagine what your house will be like with him working at Home Depot.

Leigh - My mom is a bit overwhelming. Where does yours live? Mine lives in the small town and she expects to see JW everyday. She calls a couple times a day as well. We went to Costco today and she met us there so she could see JW.

I am still reading Dr. Phil's book, getting people out of your life that sabotage your diet. That would mean everyone! Most of my friends are my size and bigger and I was beg to think that we have comfort in each other. I was telling bf this weekend, we are going to lose this weight for real this time. We don't need to be known as the fat friends. She said I scared her, but she got my point.

Haven't had a workout yet, but I am planning on taking JW for a walk when he wakes. My office called me twice today about things that needed clarification. I am not as detailed at work as I use to be. Probably b/c I am doing a 40 hr in 16 hr.

Happy Tuesday!

MichelleRae
05-11-2004, 04:50 PM
Crystal - Usually my girls sleep pretty well during the night, barring the fact that teagan will usually let out a little cry when she gets hungry but thats about it I dunno whats been happening with her the past few days getting up early, and then only going to sleep if I rock her to sleep, Today Taylor only got up that early cuz Teagan was up and she heard us moving around. I'm crossing my fingers for a good nights rest tonight. I'm glad you are getting excited about your up coming weekend!! You really need and deserve it!!

Leigh - I get annoyed with my mom too but for TOTALLY different reasons, its like I've grown up and my mother has become the child, party party party ugghhhh it Pisses me off scuse my language ;) She was even staying with us for a little bit and I had to tell her taht I didn't want any of her "friends" coming in my house and she got all pouty like "why Not" duhhhhh I don't want those freaks around my kids!! Oh I forgot to add she's all of a sudden a "harley Chick", I'm telling you complete midlife crisis LOL.

Cindi - I hope that you start to feel better soon!! You're in my thoughts!

Well I got my 2 mile walk in, I'm gonna do only one more mile a little later. I'm cooking lunch right now, Chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, and seasoned with garlic herb chicken seasoning, and 1/4 cup brown rice. Dinner? hmmm I'm gonna think on that one, maybe I'll make a chicken stirfry, but not sure yet. I hope everyone else is doing well!!

TTYL

Michelle

ECmom
05-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Just a short hello-life sure has been busy and will not slow down too much until the weekend. This week has been tough.........one of those where you keep getting slapped in the face and have to thank the Lord that it is not something worse. Oh well....no sense bellyachin!!!
Crystal- the getaway sounds nice. I am happy for you.
Michele- glad you got that walk in. It is so important.
Melinda- did you ever get a walk in? How is the job going?
Leigh- hope you can find some scrapbooking time.....sounds addictive!!! And fun.
Cindi- hope you are feeling better!
Spryng- gee, you have not checked in today.....you ok? (or am I braindead and missed it).

Anyone I missed......forgive me for the drive thru visit. One good thing is I am getting my walks/workouts in- despite the hot weather. (I dislike anything above 70 degrees.....).Tomorrow I AM going to WW.....if it kills me.......and the way this week is going it might.
Off to make dinner........see ya!
Ginny

Loveliam
05-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Melinda - my mother lives in FL, but is attempting to move here. I'm trying my best to be understanding because her boyfriend of 9 years passed away unexpectedly in March. I know Liam is now one of the few things that cheer her up, but it can get kind of overwhelming for me.

Michelle - wow! It does sound like your mother is having a mid-life crisis. Maybe she'll calm down sometime soon . . .

Ginny - I completely understand you being so busy. It's hard to keep up with everything sometimes. Yes - scrapbooking is completely addictive!
:lol:

Well, DH and I are watching Idol and 24 tonight - any big plans for you all?

MichelleRae
05-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Ginny - I hope life slows down a bit for you so you can take some time for yourself. I hope you make it to WW!! Glad to see you checked in!!!

Michelle

ECmom
05-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Well, Ds left the computer running..........(a pet peeve of mine, as if our electric bills are not bad enough!). Did some stress eating today......boy this was a hectic day.....but I think I got it out of my system, and was not all that naughty.
Leigh- I cannot imagine having to deal with a mom and Bf issues.....my Dd has been gone for almost 20 years- and after his death she has not been interested in others. But I agree with Michele- sounds like you are the adult here and she is the child. But you are doing what is best for Liam......and your Dm will have to be ok with that.

Michele-thanks for the kind thoughts.....but the prospect of life slowing down seems in the very, very distant future...... For me life was much easier when they were little.

Guess I'd better go. Have a great nite!
Ginny

ECmom
05-11-2004, 08:37 PM
FOR THE LADY OF THE HOUSE
15 PIECES OF ADVICE TO BE PASSED ON TO YOUR
DAUGHTERS:
1. Don't imagine you can change a man --
unless he's in diapers.
2. What do you do if your boyfriend walks out?
You shut the door.
3. If they put a man on the moon --
they should be able to put them all up there.
4. Never let your man's mind wander --
it's too little to be out alone.
5. Go for the younger man.
You might as well, they never mature anyway.
6. Men are all the same --
they just have different faces, so that you can tell them apart.
7. Definition of a bachelor:
a man who has missed the opportunity to make some woman miserable.
8. Women don't make fools of men --
most of them are the do-it-yourself types.
9. Best way to get a man to do something is to suggest he is too old for it.
10. Love is blind, but marriage is a real eye-opener.
11. If you want a committed man, look in a mental hospital.
12. The children of Israel wandered around the desert for 40 years.
Even in Biblical times, men wouldn't ask for directions.
13. If he asks what sort of books you're interested in, tell him
checkbooks.
14. Remember a sense of humor does not mean that you tell him jokes,
it means that you laugh at his.
15. Sadly, all men are created equal.
Send this to 10 Bright Women to make their day! And to a couple of men to
Really make
their day!

Speaking of Dm, mine just sent me this........enjoy.

watkinsguru
05-11-2004, 09:06 PM
I'll try to be back later, but for now I wanted you all to know that I went walking after some bad storms. I walked about 25 minutes, but I did jog a little of the ways. I so much enjoy jogging but my feet, shins, and knees don't approve too much. Anyway, I'm feeling really good today.
Sure hope everyone has had a great day.
Ginny sure am sorry to hear about your day. Hope it gets better.

Chubba
05-11-2004, 09:53 PM
Hello ladies,

Crystal, congrats on the walk and the mini vacation in 7 weeks. You can do it!!

Ginny...I tend to agree with alot of those points :lol: Thanks!

Spryng, great pictures. Makes me want to go to the zoo...BY MYSELF! :devil: :devil:

Michelle..congrats on the WATP again.

Leigh...don't worry, my ventings coming :p My Mom used to bug me by coming over here every day right after she moved here...now it bugs me when she doesn't :lol: Today she stayed while I went grocery shopping so I could go alone. :D

Melinda...you can't expel everyone. My Mom would have to go cause she's constantly bringing treats for the kids...well guess who usually eats them??? Me and Dh! The kids don't need all that chocolate :lol: I've asked her not to bring it but she does anyway. What are ya supposed to do?? Throw it out?????? That's against my religion ;) Don't sweat the numbers! When I hit my goal I will be 170 (and probably a bit flabby but I'll work on it) and a size 16 but I will look GOOD! Different people have different body types and you sound like you have a lot of muscle. How do you fit in on Dr Phil's weight chart (aka get real weight)?

Cindi, good luck to Dh on his 2nd interview. Hope the rest of you are feeling good soon.

Hello to all I missed!!

Here's my rant for today. Dh did not have to work last night due to weather. He watched the boys while I did my walk this morning :D He spent about 4 hours working on the deck. When it was time for me to go shopping my mother mentioned maybe coming with me and he rolled his eyes because he knew it would be another hour or so...mind you I'm shopping for the party on Saturday that he is not helping me with because he has it in his head that he has to have the deck done (except for railings) by the party. I had to call a few of my friends to find someone to watch the boys tomorrow night so I can pop into the visitation for my uncle and so Dh can sleep and get off to work. I had to call his mother to tell her when the funeral is so that she would come watch the boys so I can go...and get this.....HE'S NOT SURE IF HE'S GOING WITH ME to the funeral...because he's working nights *and I think because he wants to get the damn deck done!! To me that's just wrong. I have a habit of not saying what I mean in a constructive way so I haven't expressed my feelings to him yet...but I will when I cool down (after this rant ;) ). Also I wanted some landscape fabric under the deck so that we don't have to deal with weeds popping up and guess when that got done.....8 pm tonight after he went to work and I got Tony to bed and sat Will down in front of the TV. When I want something done I have to do it myself at whatever hour I can get it done. ARRRRRRRGHHH. Sigh, thanks for listening...he really is a great Dh but sometimes they all get to you :^: I feel better now.

Time to head upstairs for NYPD blue season finale. Talk to you all tomorrow.

watkinsguru
05-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Well I'm just checking in one more time before I go to bed. Didn't get a nap today so I'm hoping to get in bed early. Before 10 is early. Anyway, you all know I had a great day and I hope they stay that way for a while.
Geri, I'm glad to see others venting about their dh. Not that I want any of you to have problems but I've been the one venting about my dh so much lately. I hope the visitation and funeral goes okay. Sorry about your dh not working well with you and your plans.
Spryng, haven't heard from you much today sure hope your day was okay.
Michelle, did you have any shows coming on tv tonight or was it going to be a quite one? Hope you had a good day too.
Leigh, sure was nice hearing from you.
Well, girls, I'm gonna go brush my teeth and get ready for beddy boo time.
TTYL

MichelleRae
05-11-2004, 10:25 PM
I watched Idol tonight and then when it was over I voted like 30 times for fantasia she is just so wonderful I really like her. That was my tv for the night lol I also watched That 70's show that show always cracks me up! Other than that I'm gonna get my house in shape then do another mile and hit the sack.

Crystal - I'm sooo glad you had a great day! You deserve it.

Ginny - You had me laughing my butt off!!! :rofl: Thanks for that I needed it!!

Geri - You lay down the law girl!! You know (of course) that women are the ones who wear the pants in the relationship ;) Good job on getting your walk in this morning!!

Penny & Spryng - YYYOOOOHOOOOOO WHERE ARRREEEE YOOUUUUUU!??!!?? ;) JK I hope you girls are having a wonderful evening!

Well I'm gonna go check out a few more threads then I have to do my evening routine, I may be back after that.

Take Care
Michelle

spryng
05-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Good evening all!
I don't know why everyone is asking about me, I'm not MIA. I've posted several times today! Including those pics and all that. Really I did.

Michelle, I voted for Diana. I know some of you don't like her but I really have liked her from the beginning and she is so wonderful! I really hope she wins. I think Jasmine will go tomorrow night. I hope anyway. She didn't do very well tonight.
Crystal, so glad you had a wonderful day, you deserved it!
Geri I hope you were able to talk to your dh and get that all worked out. Maybe he is just needing an excuse to not be invloved with the funeral. I know I don't do funerals because they tear me apart and it takes me months to recover. How does he handle death? Maybe it's too much for him. But anyway, I hope tomorrow goes better for you!
Ginny thanks for sharing that post! It was very cute! Do you turn the computer off everyday? Did you know your computer will run better if you never turn it off?? Just a thought. And yes I have posted a few times today, you may have just missed them or something.

Well I wish I could get more personal but I am calling it a night. Brought the boys over to mow the lawn and they did a great job. Then I filled the kids swimming pool with water and let them swim and made dinner (which was so good, roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans) then I watched Idol and got the kids in bed, my evening routine done and now I am pooped. So I hope everyone has a great night of sleep and I will see you in the morning!!! :)

mompen
05-11-2004, 11:44 PM
Well Spryng I am not far behind you hitting the sack!

Michelle,
Congrats on all the exercise! You are doing awesome!

Geri,
Vent anytime!!!! I know what you mean about dh sometimes! Sometimes they are wonderful and most of the time they are not......LOL

Ginny,
ALL I GOTTA SAY IS..... CUTE CUTE CUTE........ :)

Melinda,
Is your friend as serious about weight loss as you are. My bf is alot heavier and talks about needed to lose weight but never ever takes any action. I can't hardly talk to her about my weight loss b/c she gets upset..... Anyhow, How is the book going?

Leigh,
Did you get your groceries done?

Cindi,
Sry you are not feeling any better. I will definitely keep dh in my prayers! Good Luck!

Crystal,
How did dh react to the getway night in the cabin? Congrats, You need it!

I will post in the morning when I am fresh again :) I have been up scrapbooking and now I am just tired! Have a great night!

MichelleRae
05-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Hi guys!!!

I did another 2 miles tonight, I actually did the one mile walk twice cuz I didn't think I wanted to do more than a mile but toward the end I was pumped and ready to go another mile! So I feel pretty good!

Pennyyyy I misss youuuuu!! lol I didn't get to talk to you much today but I did get to say hi to your mother lol.

Spryng - I agree Diana has a great voice but I think I said this before but she has this snobbish kind of air about her I dunno what it is that turns me off about her. But I really enjoyed Fantasia's performances and LaToya was great too. Poor Jasmine was horrible tonight though I'm pretty sure she is going home tomorrow.

Well time to relax a little bit before bed. I hope you all had a wonderful night!!

Michelle

jessivalentino
05-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Hi again ladies, I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but I'm still here!

Cindi-I hope you aren't getting a cold with that sore throat. For some reason the colds just sneak in there when you are ready to kick it up a notch, maybe it's your body protesting the possibility of increased exercise. Thank you for your encouragement, its nice to know other people have been through this too.

Lisa-It sounds like you really know right what I'm going through...Thanks! I've had the computer game problem too. Actually after I wrote all that he did a lot better with things today and got a about seven resumes out without even needing my "encouragement"

Crystal-Thankyou so much for your encouragement. I too am religious and consider myself a person of strong faith. Lately I've been having trouble connecting spiritually with God, but I realize that is because I need to give more time and priority to my prayer and scripture study and to trust in Him more. I'm going to be working on it. Glad you are back OP now, me too!

Leigh-I'm glad we can encourage eachother.

Geri-Good job on getting those walks in! Out of curiousity, what is a gazing ball?

Ricci-300 dollars is really good for a yard sale! Have fun being a biker babe!

Michelle-that is really a cute story about your baby and the dog dishes.

Ginny-thank you for sharing that poem.

Penny-Did they do a little pre-K graduation ceremony? That sounds cute, right now I can't even picture my baby talking.

Spryng-Zoos can be so fun, glad you got to go!

Geri-CONGRATULATIONS ON 25 DOWN!!!!!!

Melinda-I know it is hard to actually share numbers. I don't usually either. Numbers can be very deceiving, sometimes if you are putting on muscle it is much better to go with measurements instead of pounds. Anyway, you probably already knew that.

Crystal-that cottage sounds great, I think that is a good goal to work toward!!!! Maybe you can buy something special to wear for the occasion.

Okay, my hubbie is getting tired of taking care of the baby, I definitely need to post much more often, because it takes a while to get caught up! You guys are great!!!!!!

watkinsguru
05-12-2004, 06:00 AM
I've been up since 400 and now its 500 and I still haven't had my coffee.

Anyway, I slept good just not long enough. I told dh about the cottage and he said it sounded fun to get away, but he said you paid for us to go somewhere and do nothing. I said, we can fish, we can cook out together, fish some more, play cards and just be together. He said whatever I wanted. So we will still go, but I'm gonna look around and see if there is another lake to go that has boat rentals. That would give us more to do. We've never been out on a boat together and that would be fun. I love going out on the lake at night time. Anyway, it wasn't a let down.

Spryng, your evening sounded nice and dinner did too. I didn't even eat much of a dinner. There wasn't enough for me so I finished Alisa's and Ally's bowl, which wasn't much at all. Anyway, that saved room for snacks.

Michelle, so glad you got so much exercising in. You exercise late, how do you do that? I can't stand to exercise so close to bedtime.

Penny, so glad to hear from you. Hope you're doing good.

Jessi, you really should post more often, at least once a day. This thread is full of encouragment. I know what you mean about not feeling spiritually connected at times. I get that way ALOT. But it sounds like you know how to get back on track it's just getting there. I hope we can help you. Glad your back OP.

Well girls, I'm gonna go start that pot of coffee and get back to Texas Parks and Wildlife and see what I find. Morning to you all. I'm staying home all day, so I'll be around later.

ECmom
05-12-2004, 07:08 AM
I am going to WW today......even if it kills me...........
Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!
Ginny

Loveliam
05-12-2004, 09:14 AM
I keep forgetting to tell ya'll that I've gotten back into my walking schedule with my downstairs neighbor. We push our heavy strollers around the park for an hour about 3 times a week :) I know it's doing something becuase we work up quite a sweat. I'd love to add in toning/resistance, but have no time.

Ginny - thanks for the cute list :lol:

Jessi - Hi! Good to see you :)

Crystal - great job keeping up with walking. I don't know how you wait an hour before coffee - that's like the first thing I do each morning:D

Geri - I know it's hard sometimes to deal with DH's - they can sometimes be on a very different wavelength.

Michelle/Spryng - I watched Idol too. I think it might wind up being Fantasia and Diana. Great job with all the walking, Michelle.

Spryng - you had a productive night! It's 9am and I'm already exhausted. But, we're going for a walk in a half hour - maybe that will perk me up.

Penny - no groceries as of yet, but I have to fit that in today. How's this for frustrating - I wrote out a grocery list before vacation so it would be ready and I could immediately go to the store. Well, since we only got through Target yesterday, I accidentally left the list in the Target shopping cart and now have to start from scratch!:mad:

Not exactly sure how my day is shaping up yet. My mother gets in this evening, and I need to straighten up a bit. Mainly put away my scrapbook supplies. I've been feeling a bit down/frustrated ever since our return from vacation. Maybe it's just hard to get back in the swing of things.

MichelleRae
05-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Girls!!

Crystal - Good to hear that hubby liked your weekend getaway idea!! Thats definately a step forward!!

Ginny - I hope you make it to WW today but, I don't want it to kill you lol. ;)

Well I slept well but Teagan was up early again and is now fussy because of it. So I guess when I'm done posting I'll rock her back to sleep. No big plans for us today just bumming around the house its a little bit chilly out, so maybe will do some paints with Taylor. Well I better get off of here and go grab my little cherub.

I will talk to you all later
Michelle

watkinsguru
05-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Leigh, I usually don't wait before coffee, but this morning Andrew wasn't sleeping soundly and I was afraid if I started on coffee he would wake up and I wouldn't get my quiet time. So I waited until I knew he was fast asleep. Don't worry, I got my 3 or 4 cups in.

mompen
05-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Ginny,
Let us know how the meeting goes! Good Luck! :goodluck:

Jesse,
You need to get your butt here more often! We Miss YOU! :)

Crystal,
What kind of coffee do you drink? I have never been able to get into coffee. We don't even own a coffee pot! LOL

Michelle,
You are don't awesome! Just keep it up and the weigth will fall off!!!

Leigh.....
How frustrating about the grocery list! GRRRR.... Hope you get your groceries shopping in today! I scrapbooked last night and it felt great!!!

My scale is down still from last week so I am hoping for a great weigh in this weekend!

Have a great day EVERYONE!

Chubba
05-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Good morning ladies :coffee: :coffee:

Just a quick hello...thanks for letting me vent...I'm fine now. I still don't know if he's going but if he doens't end up working tonight....

Leigh .. :grouphug:

OK, can't get personal but thought Leigh needed a hug :D

TTYL!!

spryng
05-12-2004, 10:26 AM
Good morning all!

Geri so glad you are feeling better today! A good nights sleep always helps put things in perspective I think.
Penny I can't wait to hear about your WI this week!! You sound excited about it. Are you still doing SB?
Michelle you and I will be doing the same thing today. Not much of anything, lol. I too am just going to stick around the house. I'm going to get some detailed cleaning done in my kitchen since it is our zone this week and that is about it.
Leigh, that is so nice that you have someone to walk with! And about the toning and resistance, you can always buy those ankle and wrist weights to use if you want some added weights to your walk. How long do you usually walk for? Sounds so nice. I often see mothers walking together here with their strollers and i wish I knew my neighbors but I don't. How long is your mother going to be in for? Are you two close? Enjoy your visit!
Ginny I'm so excited for you to get to your WW meeting!!!! Let me know how is goes ok? I hope you see a great loss this week!!! I'll be looking forward to your report, lol. :goodscale
Crystal, I hope you find a cottage and boat rentals too. That sounds like such fun. We have always wanted to rent a big pontoon boat and bbq on it and all that. Just have never got around to it and now that we live in nowhereville kansas there isn't any lakes close to us.
jessi, so glad your Dh got some resumes out. Must take alot of stress off of you. I hope he gets some calls soon! I know after my DH's back surgery he was looking for a job and no one here was hiring. It was so frustrating because he was down for 8 weeks and we were hurting financially. That is when he started truck driving school, that was all that was available here at the time. It worked out for the best and now we are doing better than ever but it takes time. So hang in there and I'm sure he'll get a great job!
Michelle you are on a roll with that exercise!!!! please infuse me with that zeal!!! I need it so bad!
Penny, my bf is the opposite of yours. She is soooo skinny. She is the one who just had the baby. She is 5'7" and weighed 92-95 lbs before getting pregnant. Her highest weight was 120 during her pregnancy and 3 weeks after having her baby she was back down to 98 lbs and dropping weight like crazy. He stomach is flat again and you can't even tell she had a baby!! Her doctor is making her add 500 cals a day to her diet (she was already eating 500 extra cals a day for the breastfeeding) because she was still losing weight so fast. So sometimes I feel like I can't talk about weight problems with her because she's never had to deal with it you know? She doesn't get why I am so strict with myself and all that. But some people have that great metabolism and can eat themselves into oblivion and never gain an ounce and then there are us who have to be very careful and battle our weight on a daily basis. because I know that if I ever get sloppy with my pts I will pack on the weight I lost faster than I can say chocolate!!! So it will be my battle until the day I die, lol.

Ok, guess I have rambled on and on, lol. I need to get off here and get my morning routine going. Lets all have a great OP wednesday!!!! TTYL!

MichelleRae
05-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Starting a new thread! See you there!

http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=581404#post581404

Michelle