South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 12:52 PM   #1  

Default Is it possible I am not eating enough?

I emailed a fellow SBD friend and told her my diet and how i have not lost that much since week 1 (phase 1) and she was thinking i might not be eating enough. I tracked my calories on fitday and it said around 1200 (just an average menu). But the thing is I work out 3-4 times a week, an hour each time, pretty hard. So is it possible my body is in starvation mode? I personally never thought so but since my weight loss is so slow and i'm not cheating and i'm working out, i just can't figure it out. i could just be impatient as well. b/c my measurements have been slowly decreasing as well even with the lack of weight loss since week 1 (only 2 pounds i think).

here is a sample day's menu:
morning:
can of V8
3 turkey roll ups (using one slice of lite havarti that i section into 3 smaller slices and i use sundried tomato/basil turkey, its deli but expensive but very yummy)

snack: turkey pepperette (like a turkey hot rod, only 50 cal!) or cheese string (not so much anymore i'm so sick of cheesestrings! )

lunch:
large garden salad with chicken breast on top. think subway type salad. i usually have greek dressing, i think its low cal

snack:
pistachios and cashews, having a double serving of nuts here.. heehee

dinner:
one serving of protein, usually a salmon filet, lean pork filet kinda thing, or chicken breast. salmon is usually broiled in oven, meat is usually pan fried w/ olive oil
a few servings of various veggies, sometimes steamed, sometimes quickly sauteed with garlic and olive oil
small salad, low fat/sugar dressing from kraft
these past few days i haven't had any beans but i usually will have 1/2 cup of black beans or some lentil soup as well.

one serving of fruit, usually an apple, yesterday i had half an apple, 2 slices of orange and 3 large cubes of mango. yum!

and sometimes i'll have a ricotta creme but sometimes i don't feel like it and skip it.

the thing is i'm never really hungry so i don' tthink i'm undereating. could i be over eating? i'm in the 2nd week of phase 2. thanks for all your help!
Old 05-11-2004, 01:56 PM   #2  

It looks like you are eating great. I think that it is just because you have so little to lose.

For instance, my sis & I started around the same time. (She started a week after me). I have lost 35 lbs., she has lost close to 60. I have stayed on plan the whole time.

I am close to my goal weight, she has alot to lose.

I know how frustrating it can be...my only advise is to keep it up. You know that whatever you are doing is healthier than what you did before, so eventually it will come off.

PS - I would watch the nuts...sometimes I eat too many of those and they are high in calories. I don't buy them any more because I can't control myself. I think they are a tool of the devil.

HW - 270
CW - 145
GW - 130
Old 05-11-2004, 02:01 PM   #3  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

You can try going back to Phase 1 again and see if that works for you too but I think that the less you have to lose, the slower it comes off!

sb4life -- lofl nuts=spawn of the devil.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:46 PM   #4  

thanks ladies for the support. well the thing is when i was in phase 1, my last week of it, i didn't lose anything really so i don't think going back to phase 1 is gonna help me at this point. thought right now i'd have to say i'm on phase 1.5. lol. also i think its cause i saw someone on another msg board who has the around the same amount of weight to lose and they had already lost 8 pounds and was just finishing phase 1. just jealous i guess! LOL.

i think i'm just panicing too soon. if i haven't lost anything all month then i'm gonna start going bonkers. just wanted some opinions since my friend had brought that idea up to me. thanks!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:08 PM   #5  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Sometimes your body needs time to adjust to your weight loss. So keep up doing what you are doing. You may want to add a little more protien calories on the days that you work out. Good luck you are doing great. Take care.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:14 PM   #6  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

You are doing awesome!

Just let your body know that you are going to win this war! And eventually he will have to listen to you!!!!
Closed Thread