Old 05-11-2004, 08:21 AM   #1  
Total Sass Bucket

Wink Tuesday Chat - May 11

Chat away!!!!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:22 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Rhonda: How's it going??

Hi all! Well, it's going to be interesting today. I'm chaperoning oldest DD's field trip. Hopefully they have a snack break scheduled in. Like THAT would happen!! So I'm going to have to bring something I can pop into my mouth. I find if I don't eat a snack I get SUPER hungry and then I start to feel weak and faint. Not 2 words I like to hear!! Unfortunately everything I have that I can carry in my pocket isn't healthy on the low carb end. I'm also going to have to chug the water down when I get home because there's NO way I'm sipping water throught the "hill" and have to pee! The cramps are going away and I'm starting to feel human again. Now if only the weight I had gained would drop off I'd be happy. I was hoping to make my end of May challenge I'm working on it yet!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:28 AM   #3  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning All!

Things are going relatively well. It's cloudly and foggy here so it's a little hard to feel motivated but otherwise, things feel good today. Whether or not they're actually good is another thing entirely. My check engine light came on during my drive to work this morning so I'm absolutely positive that it's going to cost me a LOT of money. Ugh. They're doing so much construction in town that it's impossible to go anywhere right now. There are 3 main roads to get from the south edge of town to anywhere else in town. They've shut down one road for construction and have shut the other one down to one lane!!! It took me 20 minutes to go 5 blocks yesterday! Insane! AND, the idiots are talking about doing work on the 3rd road this summer as well!! Where are we supposed to go? Do they literally WANT a traffic disaster?

The BF's first day of work went well yesterday. His boss kind of tested him.... Showed up half an hour late, which meant my BF was sitting outside for half an hour and then there was nothing to do so he had him go plant 100 trees. Did I mention it was raining? However, after all that and the boss could detect no attitude it got much much better. Ugh, why do people do stuff like that?

Someone asked yesterday where I got my lean mass taken.... my sister works for a hospital and I got it done there. Not every hospital has one of the machines so you may have to call around. It's different than the body fat %. It actually sends an electronic pulse through your body and calculates the weight of your muscle and bone and internal organs based on density and blah blah blah (ok, so I didn't listen to the nurse the ENTIRE time but there was a cute doctor there). Anyway, it gives you the weight you are with NO fat on your body. It cost me 10 bucks.

Ok, I gotta get some work done. Have a great day all!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:29 AM   #4  
Total Sass Bucket

Brenda you sneak! Have fun on the trip!!!
Old 05-11-2004, 08:32 AM   #5  

Morning Shimma and Brenda

I'm with you Brenda....working to get rid of the weight I put on over this weekend. But we can do it. I wish I could get myself to exercise the way you do. I hate it too.

Was good at dinner last night so yesterday is OVER WITH! Back to the business at hand. I will lose the weight I put on this week but next week I had better lose more! I will as long as I don't slip up and get some exercise in. I am still trying to watch the total calories I take in.....not that easy when you are eating Atkins friendly food. If I was more of a veggie eater it would probably be easier. But this girl loves cheese and nuts!
Logged today's food into Fitday and so far it looks good.

Taking Friday off again but this time my best friend and I are going to NH for a Scrapbook Convention. I am so excited. If anything it will be nice to spend the day with her and chat. We don't get much time to spend together these days.

Hope you all have a nice day. Talk more later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:36 AM   #6  

Shimma we were typing at the same time I guess.

Well at least your bf passed the test be it fair or not. Now things should go easier for him. Sorry about the traffic. We have some major construction going on in Boston for the last few years and I am so thankful I don't have to go into Boston and deal with that. I take all back roads to my job.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:57 AM   #7  

Good MOrning Ladies

Shimma: At least he passed the test! Hope that he has a better 2nd day at work. Hope your car is ok too. I used to do payroll for a large dealership service department. About 80% of the time when people would bring their vehicles in for the light being on it was nothing. Could be as little as just a loose gas cap. So try not to worry about it until you know for sure!

Brenda: Have a great day on your field trip. Anything is better than working with the witches right? I can picture you now chugging water and having to run up and down the hills to pee Hope you have FUN!!!

Jane: You are so right! Yesterday is over, and today is a new day! I am sure those pounds you acquired over the weekend will be gone before you know it. Sounds like you have a Fun Friday planned!!! Me and my friend need to take a girls day off soon! Sounds like a great idea!

Well, not much happening here today. Didnt' get to check in yesterday because I woke up feeling icky. Had sore throat and congestion. Guess it's just a cold. Went in to work and left about an hour early. They knew I was sick because I NEVER leave early!! Took some meds and went to bed early. I woke up feeling GREAT today!!!! Hope the feeling stays all day because I have to work, and then catch up on everything that I let slide here yesterday! I stayed OP yesterday, except for the 1 coughdrop I had to take! It was either that or hurt myself badly coughing so hard...so figrued one wouldnt' be too bad! Hope everyone has a great day, and I'll check back in later this afternoon!!

Lisa
Mrs H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:06 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Chickies
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:07 AM   #9  
Total Sass Bucket

Lisa: I know it's not the gas cap.... I'm wise to that one and I checked!!! But thanks for the words of encouragement.
Old 05-11-2004, 10:09 AM   #10  
The Princess O' Pets

good morning ladies!!

Checkin in to say Hi, I am at work and I am feelin' kinda poopy today, I have a sore throat. The mothers day weekend was a total carb fest and my mom is still here so I am doing the best I can. I am ready to get back to my routine for sure!! We took my mom to the beach yesterday and DH was a total poop the whole time, he even sat in the car for part of the time, gosh darn he can be a baby when he wants, even worse than the kids!! So today he is in the dog house, and he knows it to cause i found him asleep on the couch this morning with only his sweatshirt covering him...hahahahaha!! He is sucha martyr!

Anywho! hope everyone is doing great and have a great day.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 10:35 AM   #11  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning Low Carb Chickies!

Life in my house the last couple of weeks is incredibly busy! I wont see an end to this until school is out on June 11th! UGH!

I miss you all something terribly!

I am going to try postin a little more often then I have.. but I am not making any promises at this point.

The weight is going OK.. I am down to 160... but TOM is messing me up again this week.. I am going to have to call my OB/GYN and find out why I am having all these problems.. spotting for 8 days now.. cramps and water retention... this is the 4th month in a row now...

I am still running.. next week I graduate from my program! i am running for 28 minutes solid.. and boy I can see the difference in my clothes.. My weight might be out of whack right now with TOM but I am losing inches like crazy.. 40 total since August... Woo HOO!

I hope you all are well! I miss you all terribly.. but I really havent had a whole lot of time.. and wont until next month. I am going to try to check in 2-3 days a week though!

Brenda - got any ideas for me to do a Daisy bridging ceremony? i am at a Loss right now...

Hugs to all!

Karen
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #12  

Good morning all!

Shimma - thanks for the info on the body weight test. It was me who asked. I have a dr.'s appt. tomorrow so I think I'll inquire. I've looked at those charts and just can't figure out which of the three I belong in. So hard to tell. Hopefully this will help!

Thanks again!
LOVE2C135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 11:19 AM   #13  
Head Princess

Karen's back! Karen's back! I missed you!

Rhonda - Glad your BF survived!

Brenda - Have fun on the trip!

Jane - Good job on being good

Lisa & TG - I hope you get feeling better!

Well, I survived my Monday on only 2 hours of sleep surprisingly well. I even went to my parents for a visit and got my hair trimmed. AND I got a whole 6 1/2 hours of sleep last night so I'm good to go now

have a great day all!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 12:53 PM   #14  

Good Morning all!

Brenda - Have a great field trip. I must admit, I kinda miss them. We were always really involved in the school functions when my kids were still at home.

Rhonda - Sounds like BF going todo well at the job. Hope his boss is just testing him and not a jerk in general.

Jane - I know the feeling with the ups & downs. I just looked into Fitday also. Hoping it'll help keep me on track.

Lisa & TG - Hope you get to feeling better

Karen - I have the same issues with TOM. It's just palin yuck! Sounds like your doing well with your running, wish I could say the same. Can't get motivated.

Star - Work on 2 hours sleep?! I use to do that. Not anymore. I have to have at least 5-6.

Weekend was okay. Danny called in sick just so we could have 3 days together since I'll work the next 10. Saturday just goofed around and went to the movies. Sunday, Danny had to go work on the boat to get it ready to sell so went with him. Wanted to go shopping but he asked me to stay there with him so I did. Monday - finally got out of bed at 9:30, never do that! Then took a 2 hour nap that afternoon and decided we should do Happy Hour just to get out. Was not a good Atkins weekend and I'm feeling it today, just feel fat! Starting out today right so maybe.......
morti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 01:51 PM   #15  
Somethin's gotta give

Hi girls!...
Havent been on much due to starting this figure drawing class...I literally have to hold some peoples hands to get them though the first part....I will write to everyone when I get a minute but...
Shimma: I'd bet dollar to doughnuts ( sorry) that its your O2 sensor.... that stupid thing is the cause of more engine lights going on! if you know anyone who knows cars its a really cheap little piece and easy to put on...just a plug in....but a lot of mechanics will charge a bucketful to install it....
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote