South Beach Diet - having my first starch today!

View Full Version : having my first starch today!

pikapuffie
05-10-2004, 02:05 PM
i'm on week 4 now of SBD and i've decided to add starches back in this week (last week it was fruit). i'm having a whole wheat pita wrap for lunch. do you think thats ok? i've decided to have the wrap on days where i'm going to the gym for now. i dunno, i guess i'm kinda scared to add the starchy carbs back in the diet. in addition to the one piece of fruit i'm having each (or every other) day. need reassurance it'll be ok! LOL.

but good news, after almost 2 weeks of stalling, finally down a pound yesterday/today! :D i think i'm gonna finally add the thing at the bottom of my posts to track my progress. yay!! :)

beachgal
05-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Hi, Pikapuffie! Congrats to you and I hope that it helps! You never know what your body's response might be. Sounds like you might have better results with the starches than the fruit, or perhaps in combination? I wish you tons of luck!

pikapuffie
05-10-2004, 02:47 PM
hi beachgal!
thanks! and congrats again on your great weigh in. how's it been going? are you winding down phase 1 now or are you done?

well i'm a little wary of having fruit and starch now (both in one day) but i guess we'll just have to see how it goes. can't avoid them forever! in fact i'm kinda excited. heehee.

actually i didn't lose anything much in my last week on phase 1 and i lost that pound in phase 2 when i added the fruit. i dunno how this crazy body works! lol.

i also tried to add a signature but its not showing up... maybe it will now.. hmm.. oh i just previewed and it works. yay! :)

chick_on_the_beach
05-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a good choice of starch to me. This is a really good idea adding in one food group a week. I hadn't thought of that.