Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 09:06 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 5/10 - 5/16

Just a quick note to start the thread. I don't know if it was inspiration from my meeting on Saturday, checking in here on the weekend or both, but I didn't have a bad weekend all things considered. I had a nice dinner on Saturday - a few more points for wine than I planned but all in all not bad for our favorite Italian place (and I did have fish - soft shell crabs that were sauteed, not fried). I did OK at lunch yesterday too - I had french fries but I had a veggie burger so not too bad. The biggest accomplishment over the weekend was that although I used a bunch of FP's, I did not go nuts snacking at night. That's my goal for today - to have one (maybe 2 if it's fruit) things after dinner and that's it.

This week has one challenge in it - I'm having dinner out with the teacher I'm with on Thursday and then we're attending the third grade recorder concert. Hopefully, some of the other teachers will join us because there are two on WW and when we've eaten out, it's been good to have company in eating moderately.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-10-2004, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Judy - Congrats on having a good weekend. Sounds like you have things well in hand. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your fellow WW among the staff join you for dinner. There is indeed comfort in numbers. But if they don't, I know you'll do fine anyway.

My Saturday was good, although I used the remainder of my flex points on totally needless snacking. Still, I stayed OP, which is the first time for a Saturday in a long while. Sunday is another story - I didn't tally it up, but I know I went over points at my cousin's house. But I didn't go crazy. I'm not going to worry about it. Sundays gone. I'm on track today and I've even got in a workout. No, I didn't get up early to ride my bike and I didn't take a walk. Instead I mowed the front lawn using a manual push mower, powered only by my muscles. Yep, one and 1/2 hours of manual mowing, for which I earned 7 activity points. I'm considering this a workout because, well because it was. My muscles tell me it was, at any rate. My doctor called with the results of my blood tests - everything looked good, thank goodness. The preliminary report on my Xrays shows some arthritic changes in my knee and ankle. No surprise there. But since the blood tests didn't show anything that would explain my cold foot, he's sending me to a nuerologist. Just what I want - another round of dctor visits.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-11-2004, 01:57 PM   #3  
Canadian, eh?

Lost a big long post at home this a.m. when my PC froze, so I'll have to be brief as I'm posting from work.

Carla - I am in awe of you, mower-woman!! What a great workout! Glad to hear that your bloodwork is okay. I'll be interested to hear what the neurologist says about your cold foot.

Judy - ack! recorder concerts! How I remember the agony of listening to discord! They're so cute and earnest though. Hopefully the WW teachers will join you for dinner on Thursday.

As for me, I'm taking it one day at a time. I did well yesterday. I got a horrific shock yesterday evening when I pulled on a pair of seldom worn jeans...I had to cram myself into them and then suffered for two hours while I took the dogs to the beach. Time to get back to losing weight instead of gaining. We had a great time at the property, we were cutting trees and stacking wood, so got plenty of exercise.

Things are going well today, so far. Water is good, food is good...now to keep it that way.

Have a great day!

Karen
Old 05-11-2004, 08:39 PM   #4  

Carla - wow! One and a half hours of manual mowing?? That is absolutely a workout - cardio and strength combined! Did you feel really sore today from the workout?? I'm glad that your bloodwork was good and will also be interested in what the neurologist has to say. Glad to hear that you didn't focus on Sunday.

Karen - glad to hear that you've had a good day. One day at a time - yup, that's my mantra these days. Your weekend at the property sounds lovely - and filled with great outdoor workouts, too.

I've had a good day so far. It was a hot one and I didn't know if I'd be in the mood for a workout when I got home from being in an unairconditioned classroom so I got my behind out of bed early and did a short yoga workout. I ended up exercising when I got home too so I have a bunch of AP's. I'm definitely in PMS mode so I'm going to make myself some lf kettle corn - great for the sweet and salty cravings. I'm also trying to stop eating at least 1 1/2 hr before bedtime. I taped and watched Oprah yesterday with Wynona Judd (got it right this time!) and renewed my commitment to work towards stopping eating at least 2 hrs before bedtime. I managed 1 hour last night (I was munching as I began to watch the tape!) and plan on increasing it tonight.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-12-2004, 08:43 AM   #5  

Good morning. Well, I managed to stop eating about 1 hour and 20 minutes before bedtime - basically, I looked up at the clock and realized that I should have made the popcorn 10 minutes before. Still, it is an improvement and when I had the urge to snack later, I thought of what Oprah had said - that when you get that feeling it's the fat cells saying "Gimme, gimme, gimme". I got up early this morning and did a gentle, short yoga video. It's warm and humid here again today and I figured I'd see about doing another workout when I got home. I could use the AP's but I may just opt for a cold light beer on the patio! Maybe I'll do both - first the workout, of course!

The good news is that my sneak peek was better this morning than it's been in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to remember that to keep motivating me.
Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-12-2004, 10:35 AM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Judy - congratulations on stopping eating before bed! I'll have to remember to have a conversation with my fat cells when they start chirping at me! Hope the sneak peaks hang in there for you!

I did well yesterday! I was a bit hormonal (mid-cycle) yesterday and Mike bore the brunt of my moods, but I stayed within points and drank all my water. The scale showed a maintain this morning, which I'm thankful for. I've started bringing breakfast to work and eating it here - I'm not really hungry first thing in the morning, and I find if I eat too early that I'm starving by mid morning and then a small snack between breakfast and lunch doesn't do it for me. I had a 7 a.m. meeting this morning and treated myself to a non-fat latte at Starbucks en route to work. It's my favorite way of getting my milks in.

Hope you have a good day!

Karen
Old 05-12-2004, 12:09 PM   #7  

Hi all.

Karen - Congrats on the maintain and on staying within points and getting in your water! One day at a time is all we can do. I have to remind myself of that. I keep projecting into the future and it does nothing but mess with my mind. I know all too well the shock of putting on the seldom worn clothes. My lawn mowing sounds puny compared to your weekend of cutting trees and stacking wood. Sounds like you got a lot accomplished. I used to bring my breakfast to work too. Like you, I just wasn't hungry first thing in the morning and eating later helped with mid-morning snacking.

Judy - Congrats on getting in those workouts and on stopping your snacking earlier in the evening. I watched Oprah's follow-up with Wynona as well. I found it somehow comforting to know that the struggle is the same for all of us, regardless of fame, money, etc. And it's renewed my committment to stop snacking early in the evening. I have to wrap my mind around the fact that it isn't necessary to stuff my mouth every time I feel the slightest hunger pang. I also have to remember to pick up some kettle corn.

I'm joining Karen in posting a maintain this morning. I'm a bit frustrated because my sneak peeks were all showing a nice loss, and then bam, my official weigh-in is completely different. Ah well, I'll just look forward to a really good weigh-in last week. Surprisingly, I'm not a bit sore from the mowing on Monday. I really thought my arms would be killing me. I guess I'd better make that appointment with the neurologist soon, though, as my foot continues to bother me. I was telling my sister about it yesterday. She's an advice nurse for an HMO and she said that she gets least 30 calls a week with people complaining of similar symptoms (coldness or numbness or tingling). She's betting that it's a pinched nerve. And now, it's back to cleaning the house. Yuck.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-13-2004, 09:11 AM   #8  

Karen – Congratulations on the maintain! It’s great to see that especially when we are hormonally challenged. Good idea about bringing breakfast to work. If it wasn’t that we had “snack” mid-morning in class, I’d do the same thing. As it is, I bring a healthy snack and munch away with the kids! I think Mike and Tony should form a club – I have been a bit um, hormonal yesterday and Tony took the brunt of it when I got home yesterday. Poor guy!

Carla – congratulations on the maintain. I’m glad that you watched the Oprah show with Wynona and felt the same way you did. I also liked how she said that she’s not focusing on the number on the scale because what she’s done is not reflected in a number. Still, it’s tough when the sneak peeks are better.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I did a little yoga in the morning and a strength workout in the afternoon. I snacked a little more than I would have liked to but I stopped an hour and a half before bedtime – a little better each day. I did not get up early today – I have the recorder concert tonight and figured it would be a long enough day – I gave myself a rest day from exercise. Oh, and at least one of the teachers who is on WW is going to dinner tonight so that should help. I had a low point breakfast and packed a fairly low point lunch so that should help.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 05-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #9  

Hi all.

Judy - Enjoy the recorder concert and the dinner afterward. I took a recorder class in college and haven't touched it since. Maybe Ana will want to learn to play. I'm glad to hear one of your fellow WW teachers is going to dinner too. Strength in numbers, and all.

I had a so-so day yesterday. Used up a bunch of flex points, but at least I counted them rather than just blowing off the day, as I was tempted to do. I'll just have to be careful the rest of the week. Tomorrow I'm meeting former colleagues for lunch. We're going to a "build your own stir fry" place that, if I remember correctly, will do the stir fry in veggie broth rather than oil, so that should be just fine. I'll load up with veggies and may include chicken.

Have a great day.

Carla
Old 05-14-2004, 04:15 PM   #10  

Jumping in to wish everyone a good weekend.

Carla
Old 05-14-2004, 06:43 PM   #11  
Canadian, eh?

Ack! It's the weekend already! Had a horrific sneak peak this morning that I'll attribute to the chinese food we had last night. It was enough to keep me very much on the straight and narrow today. We're going away again this weekend, and next Friday we're going away for a week.

Carla - I hope you enjoyed your lunch out with your former workmates. It's always fun to catch up.

Have a great weekend, and talk to you on Monday!

Karen
Closed Thread