Support Groups - Scale Addicts Anonymous #8

View Full Version : Scale Addicts Anonymous #8

Hotsplashes
05-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre We Goooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hotsplashes
05-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Okay Ladies...it's 9am here and I'm raring to go! Thanks for not letting us fall off the board!!! We are the most Awesome group!! WOOHOOOO...

Tulip!! Congrats on the new job! I knew something good would happen for you! And the hours sound just right for fitting in with your busy family life! What is a scrummy lunch?

ShellsBells....At least you got a loss! Now is the time to start upping your weights, upping or changing your cardio, and really start tweaking your diet. You also have to think that you might be gaining muscle! How are your clothes fitting? That is a good indicator of what you are losing...pounds or inches...you can lose inches while still gaining muscles.

How is everyone else doing? I had a nice weekend...ate well except for sneaking that little bowl of cakepudding on saturday. My sister just got her weigh in...she was sad that she'd onlylost 7lbs in a month...then she got her measurements in and her face lit up...she'd lost a total of 8 inches...I told her that normal weightloss was 1lb per week...so she'd almost doubled that..plus she lost all those inches...dropped her Body Fat by 2% and gained 5lbs in muscle....once she knew how to look at it properly, she was reaaaalllyyyyyy happy! I really made an impact her...which is making me happy.

Eating is OP so far today...and I'm getting in alot more water than I usually do...

I wonder what happened to Shelley and LeAnne. Raven must be very busy again...Jeojen and Miss Elisha are lurking somewhere!lol...Grassie is almost done her exams!! YAYYYYYYY

I might be on later today folks!! If not..have a great day and I'll see you Tomorroww!!

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 09:32 AM
HS - I'm not lurking, I'm here...posted on the old thread just about the same time you started this one....LOL.... That has been my morning, late for everything :lol:

Tulip-Fairy
05-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Splashes, me and Jeo/Jenn posted each other all day sat / sun...think there was only the two of us...
she didn't lurk once, honest...I was keeping a close eye on her and definatley no lurking was done by Jenn!!! LOL

A Scrummy Lunch probably isn't in the english dictionary :dizzy: scrummy as in very very yummy...a delicious mid day meal!!! It's just something my kids used to say when they were little, when something was more than just yummy they said it was scrummy, and now it has stuck...however I now think everyone knows what it means !! :lol: :lol:

You sound like your a great inspiration for your sister...how lucky is she to have you for support? Way to go HS

Don't Know where the others have got to :?: ...there is enough people viewing this thread...come on you guys come on in and join us!!!!! We know it's called SAA but you don't have to be THAT anonymous!!! :lol: :lol:

Well my eating has been ok ( :^: ) water too! But the best bit is...are you listening Grassie...I walked to and from school with DD in the afternoon then i came home and cut the grass..it took me 2 hours hard slogg as it was really really long...that has got to burn some calories?? :p :p I am aching like anything now! :(

I'm going for a long hot bath!

C U all tomorrow!

Tulip

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 04:27 PM
Thanks Tulip! At least someone knew I was really here - LOL :lol: BTW- Great job walking to and from school AND meowing the lawn! Way to go - that is a lot of initiative for a Monday!

Tulip-Fairy
05-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Jeo / Jenn - It probably means that I will spend all day Tuesday...asleep!!!!
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I still haven't been for that bath...I got nosey and checked out your webpage Jenn and spent ages making myself a virtual model...it's soooooo cool!! I have done a before and after weight loss..it's amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!

Going for that bath now!!

C U tomorrow

LOVE2C135
05-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey guys! Looks like everyone is doing well. I just read the tail end of the last thread and I wanted to tell Shellbells something.

When I first started posting here, I was very discouraged too. My scale wasn't moving either. I could have thrown it out the window. I had also just started exercising more heavily though, and I didn't want to hear that I was gaining muscle. Anyway, last week, after at least three weeks of being stuck, the scale moved down 3 pounds. I think that sometimes our bodies just need to get used to what we're doing to them and it takes a bit to catch up and finally give in/release.

A big part of my frustration was the fact that I have a trip coming up that I have to wear a bathing suit for (if I want to have any fun). So, I was also feel like I was bumping up against this horrible deadline on top of feeling fat. Do you have a deadline of some sort? Or just frustrated?

Just my two cents. I think you're on the right track and it would be a shame to see you quit now.

miss_elisha
05-10-2004, 10:29 PM
I'm here! I'm here!
Haven't felt very... conversational today, but I've been around.

Tulip--Prevention magazine says that mowing the lawn burns 228 calories per half hour for a 150-pound woman. I mowed part of our lawn today too, with the new mower. Man, is that thing heavy! It's self-propelled, and I guess that means they make it as heavy as they possibly can, but I didn't have the propulsion engaged because it was the first time this year we've mown that part of the lawn and it was a JUNGLE! I knew the propulsion would be too fast. But, at least we burned lots of calories, right?

Kerri--It took my body a while to adjust to losing weight too. I didn't lose anything for almost a whole month. Granted, I started out slowly, to ease my way into it, but at the end of that month I was sick of working my butt off with no results, so I kicked my exercise up a notch and dropped my calorie intake a bit, and ZOOM! there went those first few pounds. I need to do that again.

I had a nice day out in the sun. Mowed the lower 40, went for a nature walk, laid in the sun for a while, did some cleaning, lounged around a bit. I was hungry all day though, and I'm hungry again now. Not as in munchies, but actual stomach-growling hungry. My breakfast and lunch had pretty low calorie counts, so I accepted that, but I had a big dinner with PLENTY of calories, and now I'm hungry again. But I'm at my calorie limit for the day, so I R-E-F-U-S-E to eat anything else (even though leftovers are calling my name). I think I'm going to finish up here and just go to bed. Can't eat when you're asleep! :lol:

Oh, and one other thing... I made my mom take the scale back downstairs to her bathroom. I'm sick of obsessing over one little number. I'd much rather see an actual change in my body. I don't know how well this is going to work, but I'm going to try not to weigh myself again until the end of the month. I'll probably go crazy before then though. The thing is, I know that if I exercise and watch my calories I will lose, without a doubt. And I know that if I get the visible results I am seeking then the number on the scale will follow suit. The number isn't what matter anyway, right? What matters is feeling comfortable in my own skin, feeling good about myself and about how I look. What matters is not cringing when I look in the mirror.
Wish me luck on that one.

Ok, have a good night, chickies!
~Miss Elisha

Hotsplashes
05-11-2004, 06:15 AM
Good morning everyone~ Yes....my insomnia is still withme. Have only had 2 full nights sleep in the last 5 weeks or so. And I know that sleeping well plays a big part of losing weight. I'm going to make an appt. with my Dr. so I can get this thing taken care of. Last time I had this issue it was because of my blood sugar issues. Well. I'm eating properly as prescribed by my doctor....and I've still got insomnia. I'm going to try to pull an "all niter" and stay up until I can't stay awake.

Good news...i just got offered a job at a place I used to work at. For Manager this time! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOo make my own schedule and all. Now if I could just somehow schedule my sleep!lol

I am avoiding the scales again because of the sleep issue. I know if I get on I'll be seeing a gain...don't know why...I stepped on them yesterday and nearly died...up 5lbs. Don't know how you can eat the same every day...be active...but gain. It's frustrating. I was so happy to be out of the 170 range. This just absolutely sucks.

Well........ guess I'll go find something to keep me occupied while the sun comes up!

See everyone later today!

JEO1982
05-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Tulip - Glad you enjoyed the virtual model...I know I had probably too much fun looking at mine seeing how I would look at about 170#, and trying to actually imagine myself looking like that... Hope you enjoyed your bath!

Elisha - Good for you mowing the lawn and going to bed without eatting because you were where you wanted to be on calories... I don't know if I could let someone hide my scale...I am like compelled to get on it every day... I'd go insane thinking about it if there was no scale to step on.

HS - Sorry to hear about your insomnia.... I know how you feel though, I don't sleep and when I do it's not good sleep...My poor BF always thinks it's his fault... Congratulations on the job offer though! That is awesome!!!

Tulip-Fairy
05-11-2004, 02:51 PM
just a quickie...!

Hi Love2 nice to hear from you..glad your still loosing

HS - you posted at 11:15AM here...that definatly ws the middle of the night for you..you must be shattered?? Did you manage to stay awake ALL night? CONGRATULATIONS on the job offer...that's you and me together now...we all came out of work at the same time aswell...this is spooky...maybe we were seperated at birth??? LOL

Elisha - I had to give the back lawn another going over today (My back is aching now!) So i must have burnt up near on 1k of calories..yipeeee you to by the sounds of it...arn't we clever??

Might pop back later if i get a minute to myself!!

Tulip-Fairy
05-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Had to pop back in to tell you what happened this morning....MY SCALES BROKE AHHHHHH!!!
I stood on them and the numbers just kept going up then down as low as 98lbs up to 159!!!! I nearly had a cow - I was so shocked! Luckily Hubby came to the rescue with a fresh battery...phew fixed!!! Still 126lbs this morning, i haven't shifted for ages now...but at least it's not going up!! but after this morning it is definate that i couldn't live without my scales...I'd rather get rid of DH !!!! LOL

I am out to lunch with girl friends tomorrow and have a girl friend over for dinner as Hubby is away watching F1 qualifing....so will try to post sometime tomorrow...if it's not possilbe I'll see you all on Thursday!
Tulip

Hotsplashes
05-11-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, it's 7pm and I'm draggin' my butt something fierce! If I can only stay awake for 3 more hours I'll be good. Prolly sleep till noon tomorrow! had my final discussion with my new boss! I have the perfect schedule...with weekends off...She said..ok..you are bar manager...what do you want as far as hours...So I gave her my hours...and she gave me a 100$ a week bonus for taking 4 closing shifts a week!! YAYYY me!!!

Eating has been good. Tulip, I'm glad hubby got that battery for you!!Lol I would like to get an electronic scale. prolly more accurate than my old spring loaded one. I wonder if we were separated at Birth??LOL

JeoJenn! I LOVE my virtual model. I just hate the clothes they let you choose from!lol Pretty ugly stuff...I like adjusting the weight and seeing the differences too. The new upgrade model lets you adjust leglenght and stuff too. I like being able to change hairstyles and colors...Heheehe I made myself a blonde Asian!lol

Well ladies...if i keep on here I'm going to fall asleep at teh keyboard. I'm going to go have a nice hot bath and then watch some TV before hitting the hay.

See everyone tomorrow!!

Hotsplashes
05-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Gooood morning everyone! Tis a beautiful day here in Niagara! Already at 70 degrees and sunny! I've already had a wonderful walk with the doggies and got all my emailing done! Just thought I'd drop by and say hello to everyone and tell y'all to have a wonderful day and I'll see you all later this evening!

Tulip-Fairy
05-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Good afternoon!
I would have been in earlier but my email has been down all day...a curt apologese from the broadband guys and that was it....DON'T THEY KNOW I HAVE EMAILS TO SEND..girlies to talk to??? They want you to rely on the technology then when it doesn't work it's expected that we won't see it as the end of the world! (which i know it isn't in my case, but hubby uses it for work and it then becomes very important!!

*Sigh* Sorry about that - just had to get it off my chest!!!

Had a very healthy Breakfast and lunch and dinner is expected to be ok bar very small dessert and a glass of wine or two! ;-)

hope your feeling better today HS - you sound it, what with the bonus and the sunshine and hours to suit....things are certainly looking up for you!!

I'll pop back in later if i get a moment!

Tulip

Tulip-Fairy
05-13-2004, 04:24 AM
Morning!!!

Didn't get chance to get back in last night..friend didn't go until midnight!!! YAWN!!!!
Dinner was healthy, one small pudding and 4 glasses of wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well it was a really nice evening and it could have been much worse!

Hope you managed to sleep well last night HS...hope everyone else is doing ok today! Speak to you all soon!
Tulip

Hotsplashes
05-13-2004, 08:02 AM
Dang...the post I did last nite didn't show up...well that sucks. Good morning anyways everyone! Slept well last nite until the new neighbors had a party and woke me up at 3am ...haven't been to sleep since. Tis ok tho...I got to day off..don't go into work till tomorrow nite.

Eating is still on target and I'm feeellllllinnngggg great! I'll be on later!

LeanneM83
05-13-2004, 11:13 AM
HI All scale addicts...
I have been MIA for some time, as I am still pregnant...(21 weeks) and GAINING weight, BUT my scale still is my best friend...and THIS time, I will not gain more than 25 lbs, which for me is AWESOME considering with my boys I gained 60+ lbs each......AND best part is, I found out I am having a GIRL........YAY...I am THRILLED>...
I hope everyone is doing well and keeping up with their programs and weight losses...Good Luck!

Leanne

miss_elisha
05-13-2004, 11:20 AM
Morning everyone!

Just wanted to let you know that my No Weigh Challenge was a big fat B-U-S-T! Surprise, surprise, eh?
I thought I wanted results, but that just takes way too long, whereas the scale shows me something positive several times a day (like not weighing 235 anymore!). At least with the scale I feel like something is changing in my body, even if I can't see it.
So anyway, I got my scale back from Mom this morning because I needed some motivation, and you know what? I GOT IT! 2 more pounds down this week! WOOHOO!!! I think my stealth goal of 215 will be no problem now... only 2 more pounds with a little over 2 weeks, and I've been losing almost 2 per week for the past few. Of course, I'm still expecting ToM to slow that down a bit, but 215 for my birthday on the 29th would be just plain awesome. This morning showed 217, which makes a total of 15 pounds I've lost since I started here. Granted, that's a little slower than I would have liked, but at least it's coming off. And this time I feel like it's a permanent change. It just took me a while to get it figured out, but now that I have everything's going just swimmingly.
Eating's going well today... had a yummy sandwich with fresh tomatoes and lettuce. Haven't exercised yet, but I'm planning to mow the rest of the jungle today, and I might walk the hill. Water's going well, I'm feeling good, what else can I say?

I hope everyone is having a wonderfully healthy day!
~Elisha

JEO1982
05-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Leanne - Congratulations on the :bb:!!! That is wonderful and to hear that you are keeping gain down is awesome! I think my sister gained 70# with her daughter... So go you!!!

Elisha - :bravo: on the 2 more pounds!! I think you will reach your birthday goal before you get to your birthday!!! You are really moving now...keep it up!!! :cp:

Hotsplashes
05-13-2004, 08:13 PM
WOOHOO LeeAnne! Didn't I tell ya it would be a girl!! I've got a knack for these things!

Miss Elisha!! COngrats on the 2lbs! and now only 2 more to go in two weeks! YOu can DO IT!!!

JeoJenn! How you doing! Great to see you here today! What a Cheerleader you are! You are now the Official Scale Addicts ANonymous Head Cheerleader!!WOOHOOOOO

Eating has been going great! I've really gotten the hang of staying OP now! It's easy...specially when all you have in the house is the stuff you are supposed to eat!

Hope to see everyone back here soon!

JEO1982
05-13-2004, 08:38 PM
Sweet! I always wants to be a cheerleader but I was too shy/soft-spoken and too fat for the little skirts! :lol:

Here goes a little cheer for everyone
:cheer: 2-4-6-8, Losing weight feels really great! As you watch the scale go down, There no way to wear a frown! Be really proud of what you've done, As you watch the pounds fall off one by one!!!!
Yeaaa chicks!! :cheer: :cheer:

I hope you all like my cheer, hehe :rofl:

BTW, HS, I'm going great! Been going to the gym everyday, drinking TONS of water and eating well... I got weighed and measured on Tuesday and my weight was a little higher than Saturday, but it is TOM so I didn't let that bother me since I did great otherwise :D

Here are where I was at from last month:
Bust -0.75"
Waist -1.00"
Abdomen -1.25"
Hips -1.75"
Arms -1.00"
Weight -9.5#
Body Fat -1.7%
Body Fat# -6.78#
Total Inches 5.75"

I was really pleased and hope I can do at least that good this month :crossed: :hyper: :goodvibes

Hotsplashes
05-14-2004, 08:20 AM
:cheer: :cheer: WOOHOOOO JEo/Jenn! Our new Cheerleader!!! She Rocks!!! And congratulations on the good weigh in. And don't worry about the little gain. Even if it's not ToM gain...you ARE gaining muscles!!! :strong: :strong: WOOHOO JENN!!! The weighin and measurments look awesome! Keep up the great work! :bravo: :bravo:

:wave: :wave: It was wonderful seeing LeeAnne here again! And a little girl!! YAYYYYYY Have you picked names yet? Are the boys looking forward to having a little sister? :cb: :cb: And Great Work on maintaining a healthy weight during this pregnancy! Has the nice weather hit up your way yet? Great Seeing you again! Drop in again soon! :dance: :dance:

:df: :df: Tulip, how goes the job front? :balloons: I'm getting excited to start my new position. It looks like between my two jobs I'll be working a minimum of 6 days a week..it's like a trade off...one week 7 days, one week six days. But the weekends are easy...4 hours on a sunday, and 5 on a saturday or friday nite. Sooo pretty easy. What will you be doing? And how well does it fit in with your family's schedule? Hope you enjoy it! :encore: :encore:

:sunny: :sunny: Glad to see you are still with us Miss Elisha! And it's wonderful to see such a positive attitude. We are the only ones who can control our lives. It is our choice alone. And you are making great choices!! Keep up the good work and hope to see you again soon! :dancer: :dancer:

And for the rest of you folks who have gone MIA...hope to see everyone soon! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

JEO1982
05-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Happy Friday everyone!! Less than 8 hours left until I'm free for the weekend! WOOOhooo!

Hope everyone is having a good Friday so far, I look forward to seeing more of you in here today!

HS - :thanks: !!! :D I know that I am gaining muscle...I can see it! When I do leg curls I can see the muscle on the outside of my thigh now...And when I flex my arm, you actually see some muscle now! :workout: :strong: :yes: I am sticking with it this time :drill:

I think I am going to take a coffee break so I can wake up! :tired: + :coffee2: = :coffee:

LOVE2C135
05-14-2004, 01:47 PM
Happy Friday everyone! My scale said 179 this a.m., but Thursday's are my weigh in and I have Birthday celebrations this weekend. Yikes. I hope I can hold it!

Hotsplashes
05-15-2004, 10:56 AM
You can do it Kerri! Good work on the 179!!! Enjoy the Bday celebrations...you gotta treat yourself occasionally!

Jenn! Good for you!! You sound very upbeat and positive! Conggrats! They say visualization is a key factor in weight loss/management/exercise....sounds like you got it down pat!! WOOHOOO

Well, time for me to hit the road..got lotsa stuff to do today and not alot of time...will be going out with sister for tea tonite...so I might sneak in a biscotti!

Take care ladies and have a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!1

JEO1982
05-15-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks HS!!! I went to the gym this morning and weighed in...all the TOM gain is gone and then some!!! I weighed in at 203.8 and I am so excited about that...."ONEderland" here I come!!! :D

BTW, Love- CONGRATULATIONS on breaking into the 170s!!!! That is wicked awesome!!! Keep it up girl!!! :cheer:

Hotsplashes
05-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Dang...i posted last nite...and it didn't go thru...This site is getting on my nerves!lol

Well, gotta work this afternoon. 2-7...so I'll still have an evening to myself.

I just wanted to pop on and say hello to everyone!!

Have a great day, ladies!!!

Hotsplashes
05-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Just a quick hello to everyone...hope to see you all on Monday!!! Niteynite!!!

LOVE2C135
05-17-2004, 01:38 PM
Happy Monday everyone! My scale no longer ways 179, but I'm hoping to reverse that this week.

On the upside, I bought two skirts this weekend that were both size 12's. WAHOO! A little snug but definitely wearable. The weird thing about that though, was after I left the store, I had this thought in my head, that now I can go eat/relax a little. Isn't that what got me here in the first place? It seems almost like the better I look/feel, the less motivation I have toward losing more weight. Is that weird or what? I definitely need a BIG kick in the rear this week!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Tulip-Fairy
05-17-2004, 03:52 PM
Hey where's my mail??? I posted over the weekend but it's not here! wahhhhhhhhh!!!

Well like i said (!), i had a good weekend ate pretty good, even though i did a buffett for a friends daughters communion (yes i know i did one last weekend as well!!) I am the champion of the healthy buffet!! scales still say 126!!! IT JUST WON'T MOVE!!!

On the job front...I started my new job today...i have two full days of induction before i shadow another member of staff for a month...I am going to be a support worker for young adults with learning disabilities...however i am going to keep the catering stuff moving in my spare time (healthy catering may i add!!)

Love2 - I know exactly what you mean about having that relaxed I've lost weight feeling, i do it all the time, I fit comfortably in my jeans then have that i can eat what i like feeling...what is it with us!!! I need to focus on my G/W and not on how my jeans feel!! aahhhhh I hate myself sometimes!!!

Leanne - Your allowed to be MIA...after all you have lots of baby growing stuff to do!!!!!!!!! LOL Glad to hear all is going well - Yippee on the news of carrying a girl...I have three of them...they are the best...my middle daughter has just shaved her legs for the first time (ahhh! I nearly shed a tear!!) enjoy every minute of her, she will grow up way too fast!
Hope everyone has had a great monday...see you all on Tuesday!

Hotsplashes
05-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Hay Kerri! I know exactly what you mean! I get those thoughts too....but over the last month or so...I've been consciously making an effort to watch my thought/eating patterns...congrats on the size 12s~!~~ Size 10 here you come!~!!!

JEO1982
05-17-2004, 08:27 PM
Kerri - :bravo: on the size 12s!!! I am sooo jealous! A size 12 even a snug one would be a dream! Keep up the great work!! :cp:

Today I ordered a pilates DVD ("Crunch: Pick Your Spot Pilates") and am hoping that doing it will help me lose some inches in my thighs :crossed: I guess we will see once I had it for a couple weeks...

Hope everyone had a great Monday!!

LOVE2C135
05-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks you guys!

LOVE2C135
05-18-2004, 11:12 AM
OMG! I'm sucha scale addict! Last night after work I went to weigh myself and the scale wouldn't turn on (digital). I looked like an addict needing a fix rumaging through my bathroom cubbards looking for a battery. Thinking about it today it's funny, but not last night. I never did find a battery. I ended up taking the old one out and then putting it back in. Amazingly, it worked. Tragedy narrowly averted!

Though ya'all would understand...

JEO1982
05-18-2004, 11:26 AM
That is EXACTLY why I don't have a digital scale... I might have a panic attack if I had the urge to weight myself and couldn't... Though it can be sooo hard to tell from my height exactly what number my scale is on... I may be getting a new one for that reason, and I may just have to go digital :lol:

Hotsplashes
05-18-2004, 12:14 PM
Heheh that's funny...I don't have an electronic...so instead of looking for batteries...I drag my scale around the house to find the lowest reading!lol Kinda like a junkie looking for the best fix!!lol

Ohhh how addicted we are to our scales!!

I am proud of myself...didn't get on today...if I don't geton first thing in the AM...I know I won't get on for the rest of the day.

But I've been on everyday for the last 5...scarey stufff..

Well..gotta go have some lunch!

Take care folks!

Hotsplashes
05-18-2004, 10:13 PM
ok...so two weeks ago...my bf says it's all my fault why his life sucks...So I said fine...if I'm the reason...the door is open...please leave...that was two weeks ago...today he comes home for lunch from work and says.."This isn't working, I'm breaking up with you." I'm like..."Pardon me? Didn't I just dump you two weeks ago?"

He says..I didn't think you were serious!! Go figger...but I tell you...I haven't felt this good in a long time!!!!

JEO1982
05-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Men! They never think anything is serious unless it is their idea! Good for you though.... I think you just made lost yourself a lot of dead weight...Of course you feel so much better now! ;) I know when I finally broke it off with my ex, I lost about 230# just like that and it felt tremendous! :lol3:

Great job standing your ground and just shrugging him off! :cheer: :D

Hotsplashes
05-19-2004, 10:34 AM
:df: :df: Thanks for the boost, Jeo/Jenn!! I woke up this morning and actually feel good. The weather is nice, the sun is out, I walked my dogs and I feel really good. I really thought I would feel horrible today. Figured that all the reality would come crashing in. Butttt...reality is...I'm ok. I'm doing what is best for myself. And in the end...it's only yourself who really counts. :df: :df:

:flow1: :flow1: Now the funny thing is....I'm a depression eater. And I haven't binged!!! :cheer: YAY ME! :cheer: I didn't even think about going to the store and getting icecream and chips. This morning the only food thought that crossed my mind was that I would go to the store to pick up a protien bar! Another YAY ME :cheer: moment. Sooooo somewhere I am realizing that I am NOT depressed! I am actually GOOD! In fact, I'm GRRRRRRRrrrrrrrEAT!!! I am suddenly looking forward to my life now and all the things I can plan now and do. What a complete turnaround! WOW!!! :flow1: :flow1:

:wizard: :wizard: Another thing I notice today is that I am more determined than ever to lose weight! I think Jeo is right...just by loosing that 200# of bf I suddenly feel better about myself as a whole. So what's another 35? It was reallllyyy easy to lose 300!! :wizard: :wizard:

:grouphug: :grouphug: Well, now it's off to go start planning my new life! I'm really looking forward to this!lol Have a great day ladies!! I'll be back on later for sure. Hope to see more of you gals here today!!! :grouphug: :grouphug:

Tulip-Fairy
05-19-2004, 02:29 PM
busy busy busy!!!!

Read all your mail, haven't got time to post!!

Well done on loosing all that dead weight HS concentrate on yourself for now...you know your worth it!

Well done to all you SAA's!!!

Must dash - I promise i'll do a long post and catch up with you all tomorrow!

Hotsplashes
05-20-2004, 10:16 AM
:flow1: :flow1: :flow1: GOOOOOOOOOOD MOrning SAA!!! Tis a wonderful and sunny day here in Niagara! :sunny: Am on my second day of official singledom and have already got a walking buddy! A friend of mine called me up and said she needed a walking partner since her dr. told her she needed more exercise. :tread: He suggested that she start by powerwalking as she had a bad shoulder. Soooo we start our walking today! I hope the rain stays away until then! :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

Tulip how's your job going? :cp: It sounds wonderful! To be able to help those kids will be a big boost for you. You are such a great person for doing that job! :bravo: I used to be a Big Sister(don't know if you have that there in UK) and I've also done alot of 4H and tutoring for underpriviledged kids. I like knowing that I can contribute back to my community! Keep up the good work. Hope the Catering keeps you busy too! :goodluck: :dance: :dance:

:cheer: I think we lost Grassie to the good weather! I hope her graduation went well. Now she's a proffessional!! YAYYYYY Grassie!!! :cheer:

:dance: :dance: :dance: I haven't seen JeoJenn nor Love2c around anywhere the last few days. I'm sure Miss Elisha is lurking around somewhere!! Hope to see all you ladies around sometime. Southern needs to come out of hiding too! Well...I have to get ready for work. I start training my barstaff today! Have a great Day ladies and see everyone later!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 11:51 AM
HS - I left a post to you yesterday morning nd I have been on at least once a day saying something... It seems no matter where I go or what I do I am always the most forgettable one :lol:

Anywho, I'm glad to see you are still doing well after cutting your losses and moving on! It's awesome that you got a walking buddy now and that you are helping your friend along the road to a healthier life at the same time...

Smile everyone....It's Thursday...one more day until the weekend!! :D

Tulip-Fairy
05-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Oh poor Jeo/Jenn...I'll stand in your corner...your always posting daily..ahh give her a break HS she's more reliable than my digital scales!!!!!!

HS - well done on gaining a walking buddy. Thats what i need some one to motivate / get motivated for!! I'm out socialising too much lately...way to much alcohol..but i'm trying to keep eating well..scales say the same so i'm not complaining!

On the job front my uncle is opening a Greek restaurant in our town and has asked me if i want to help out at lunch times and some evenings...woohoo....i just got another job!!!!

Thursday night, we have the penultimate friends tonight....ohhhh i can't wait...but pleeeease don't tell me the ending...our news has told us that the US audience had friends parties to watch the last one!!! What are we going to do on a thursday night after the last one?? theres' going to be a gaping whole in our viewing schedule!!! LOL

Oh well, i'm off now....
Smile everyone...it's Friday tomorrow!!!

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Thanks Tulip! I can always count on you to know where I am ;) :lol:

BTW - I won't tell you anything that happened in Friends but I will admit that I cry...I am a wicked big sap though so you can't go by me :^:

Friday is only hours away!! Woohooo!

Hotsplashes
05-21-2004, 12:08 AM
LOL JEo/Jenn...You know what it is...I am so used to seeing two or three posts from you aday...You have spoiled me! I looked back up top and saw your postie. I already read it...but realized that I really need to do things more slowly and methodically on here. LOL. I just zoom down thru the posts to get to the bottom to see who's posted. I do apologize.

My friends took me to the casino tonite after work to celebrate the new job and the new singleness....We went to the smorg....you would be proud of me...I can usually pack away 4 or 5 plates....then 2 plates of desserts. Tonite i had some chicken, pastas, some smashed taters...and i had some little canoles. Cant resist mini canoles.

Yes I was Off Program...but I think everyone should be allowed to indulge every now and then...otherwise we would all drive ourselves insane!

Keep up the good work ladies! See everyone on Friday...oops it is friday...I 'll see everyone later today then!!!

Tulip-Fairy
05-21-2004, 07:17 AM
:cb: :cb: Woohoo it's Friday!!!:cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

We are off, kid free for the weekend to catch up with some of my old school friends, so there will be food, drink and merriment :dancer: :cheers: :hungry: ...
but i am still going to be careful not that it matters much! What ever i do at the moment the scales just won't move! :goodscale :dunno:

Next week is walk to school week at youngest DD school, we live 4.5 miles away!! :eek: :eek: :eek: We are going to do it on our bike on Monday but then if it's too far :faint: we are going to drive to her Grans and walk from there...that's only about 2 miles...so I may just loose a few pounds with all the excersie. :barbell: :barbell: :tread: ..after all i have to do it on the return journeys as well :dz:

Well done on controling yourself at the smorg HS - it is definatly becoming a life choice and not just a diet thing!!
Hope you enjoy your first weekend as a singleton...I love my Hubby & family loads but there are some days that the thought of having a singleton weekend / week...etc sounds bliss..pure heaven...to just have to think about yourself must be very liberating...do just what YOU want to do and enjoy every minute of it!!

Everyone have a healthy weekend...after all you only have to come on here and confess on Monday!!
And don't try telling fibs....coz we'll know?!!! :lol: :lol: Won't we HS??

Bye 4 now :wave:

JEO1982
05-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Hehe HS, it's alright... I have been posting a little less this week, but it seems like there have been less people to chat with during the day. BTW, it sounds like you have great friends! I think it is cool that they took you out to celebrate, and you know what? Who cares if you went a little off program? You still had less than you used to which means it is becoming a way of life, and you are so right about needing to indulge every now and then, because otherwise you start to feel deprived and that's when people start giving up....

Tulip- Have a great weekend! Getting out and seeing friends sounds like you've sure to have fun! And all that walking next week will definitely be good for you, not to mention I'm sure it will make up for any indiscretions you may have with your friends this weekend ;)

Time to celebrate.... It's Friday!!!!! :D

Hotsplashes
05-21-2004, 11:39 AM
Howdie Dooooooo everyoneeeeeeee!!!!! IT"S FRIDAYYYYYY WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

To day has started bright, clear and lovely. Took the dogs out, had a good breakfast, and realized that I've been sleeping wonderfully. Insomnia is ALL gone. Work today is only from 3 till 9 while I train the barstaff. Then going out with my sister to celebrate againl!lol No eating this time tho. We are going for tea and then dancing!! WOOHOOOOOOO

Tulip it sounds like a great weekend! I hope you have fun! ANd don't strain anything next week on the "Walk to School" week! lol My friend and I walked around Niagara Falls last nite after the smorg and boy were we pooped! But it was great seeing the Falls again. Have a wonderful weekend!

JeoJenn...I hear ya...I think you, me, and Tulip are the only ones left here for now! Good thing we got you...Our Cheering Section to keep us motivated!!! I wonder where Grassie is? Tis not like her to be gone for so long. I hope she did well in her exams! Have a great Weekend Jenn!!1

Well, time for me to start getting ready for work. Gotta look proffessional for training!lol at least our Uniform is Jeans and a Golfshirt. But trainign they expect me to look a bit more "management" for now. Take care everyone and have the Great Getaway Weekend!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEO1982
05-21-2004, 01:43 PM
HS- Have fun training your staff, and more so going out with your sister! I went to o Niagara for my birthday present from Tim and even though it was freezing out still, it was sooo beautiful... Some day we are going to head back up your way in warmer weather ;)

Right now Tim is at a job interview...he has a job currently but this would be less of a ride and he could take the train, plus their starting pay is a little more than me makes right now, so I hope it goes well for him... :crossed:

I think we may have lost everyone to the warmer weather...

Where did all of y'all go?

JEO1982
05-23-2004, 10:57 PM
Just a quick note to see how everyone's weekend was and to move us back to the front page :lol: Hope to see more of you ladies this week!

Hotsplashes
05-23-2004, 11:54 PM
I'm here! Had to jump on to say hello before it turned into monday!lol

Jenn, I'm glad to see you kept us on the main board!! WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT YOU???!!!!!! I hope Tim gets the job! That would be great. I hate long commutes! I don't know how people do it in the Big Cities. I know what it was like to get stuck in a 3hr traffic jam on the Pasedan Freeway. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that Tim gets the job!

Eating has been soso this weekend. I had a great time with my sister. Training the staff was pretty good. I'm already weeding out the slackers. Tis easy to see who really wants the job!lol

Tomorrow is a holiday for us up here...our version of Memorial Day sorta. Soooo I'm off and going to relax and enjoy the thunderstorms, the rains, and my day to myself!@

See everyone tomorroW

JEO1982
05-24-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks HS! I really hope he gets it too! Right now he drives 1.5 hours to work :p and he works a long day so he only has to do it four days a week, but it stinks because he doesn't get home until 8PM or later some days...If he gets this job he would be home much earlier, so I am keeping my finger crossed for him too! :D

I had a so-so weekend as far as eatting goes too. Yesterday I was almost at 1400 calories versus my usual 1200. But I went to the gym on Saturday morning and yesterday I went for a 4.5 mile walk over hilly terrain. I was proud of myself, and my sister, because we didn't even get all achy or crampy...The gym must be helping our stamina!

Enjoy your Victoria Day holiday HS!

Hotsplashes
05-24-2004, 09:53 AM
Well, Chickies! The day has dawned bright and Sunny! Took the doggies for a nice long walk this morning after more wicked Tstorms that didn't stop until about 7am this morning. Last nite all I did was have a nice hot bath, watch L&O, hop on the puter then go to bed. Twas nice to have some down time.

Jeo/Jenn, an hour and half drive and 10-12 hour shifts must wreak havoc on Tim's health too. Those are long hard hours and the drive could be dangerous if he is tired. I really hope he gets the job! All that walking and exercise you did will surely make up for the little 200calories you went over. Sometimes your body needs extra calories so it knows it's not starving! Keep up the awesome work and good luck with Tim!Well, I'm off....going to go do some fun stuff and maybe see fireworks with my sis and family tonite! If it don't rain!!lol Have a great day folks!!!!!!!!!!

miss_elisha
05-24-2004, 11:36 AM
Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I haven't exactly been mentally sound. My grandfather died at the beginning of last week and my entire life was put on hold. Now the funeral is done and the whole ordeal of the past week is over, so now I get to resume my life as normal. Only not exactly.
I feel like today is the day I get to start again, like this is a completely new phase of my life. Today I go back to tracking my diet. Today I go back to exercise. Today I go back to life as I know it. But it's not life as I know it--it's life without Grandpa. So I have to adjust.
Last week I did not pay a single bit of attention to what I was or was not eating. Everyone brought food to both our house and my grandmother's, and there was lots of fast food on the 2-hour trips between. But I haven't gained anything, so that at least is good. Of course, I didn't lose any either, but that's ok. Sometimes it's all we can do just to get through the day.

But anyway, I'm sorry I missed what was going on here. I hope you are all doing well. I'm back now, and I'm trying to be back on track, so I'll keep you updated. Oh! And my brother is putting my new computer together this evening, so technology shouldn't be a problem any more. Yay! So I guess it's not all bad news.

I'll be back soon, and hopefully I won't lurk too much. ;)
~Elisha

JEO1982
05-24-2004, 12:26 PM
HS- I know that long hours are not good for him. Lately his neck has been hurting him soo much he can barely turn his head :( He could find out as soon as this week if he is getting the offer for the position. Thanks again for sending the good wishes!

I hope you get to go see fireworks and that the rain hold off. I love fireworks but I don't get to see any until July 4th down here. Hope your day off is going well!

Elisha- I'm sooo sorry to hear about your loss :( You poor thing. I think everyone will join my in saying that it quite understandable that you haven't been around and we understand if you still need more time. It can be tough to get through stuff such as this. Just remember we are here for you to turn to when you need us! :grouphug:

Tulip-Fairy
05-24-2004, 01:52 PM
Oh Darn!!! I posted early afternoon but my pc froze when i sent it...and it hasn't turned up here!!! boo hoo!!

Quick recap of what i said...

Hope Tim gets the job..commuting is tough..my DH did it for 2yrs+ and it was horrible for all of us (him especially!) so my fingers are crossed too!!

HS - you sound so up-beat...well done you! You are turning into a social butterfly now that you have ditched the old moth!!! lol

My weekend went really well, only fell off the path a few times, didn't drink much alcohol either...too much talking going on! lol

Walked half way to school this morning, going to attempt even further tomorrow!

Miss Elisha - I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandpa...you need to take some time to adjust to it all...don't worry about getting on here, you need to give yourself time to grieve. Like Jeo says...we are always here if you need to talk!

Until tommorow

JEO1982
05-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks Tulip! Tim's been doing this commute for 3.5 yrs- yuck! :p Ihope wth al the :goodvibes from everyone he lands it!

Good job this weekend with not going off plan too much and just make sure to up that water intake today to make up for it some. You are doing good with the walking too... maybe tomorrow you'll make it all the way! ;)

Hotsplashes
05-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Good morning everyone..... Miss Elisha...I am sooooo sorry to hear about your grandpa. It's very hard to lose someone you love so much. My heart goes out to you and your loved ones. I hope you are all supportive of each other and especially for your grandmother. Good work on not gaining...it's very hard at a time like this to watch what goes into your body. You did wonderfully. Like Jeo and Tulip said...we are all here for you. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Well, I watched fireworks with my niece. I called up my sister to see if she wanted to get rid of the kids for the day and spend some alone time with her hubby. Nephew was already gone so she gave me niece for the day!lol We had a blast...went on long walk through our parks...had a healthy BBQ...watched some TV then watched the fireworks...good bonding with the niece. Tis funny..we can talk about so much more now that she is a teenager! Makes me feel old tho!lol

Jeo, Too bad you don't live close to Grassie...she could work on Tim for practice! He should see a physio or a chiro for that neck. Do some stretching exercises. Maybe take some Ibuprofen. But enough about Tim!lol How are you doing? What's new in your life? Fill us in!!lol

Tulip, glad you had a wonderful weekend! Hope the walking to school gets easier as the week progresses. Lord knows I need to walk my dogs further than I do!lol I'm sure that would help melt off the fat if I did!lol I cheated yesterday and let them out in teh backyard!lol Keep up the good work and let us know how the walking goesl!

Well...time for me to get ready for our Grand Opening today! Should be fun considering I don't even know how to work the POS system!!lol Hopefully it will be slow at the beginning of my shift so I can learn the thing. Ya know...Puters are supposed to simplify our lives....I am finding out that they don't!!!Lol Have a great day ladies and see everyone tomorrow morning!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :hat: :hat: :cb: :cb: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 12:09 PM
What's new with me? I went to a PawSox game last night and I was freezing, but it was cool because I could see lightning in the distance, but it wasn't raining there. I love lightning, it's so pretty... Also I get to meet Tim's mom and sister on Friday because they are coming up from AL on Friday. I am also considering submitting photos to the Lane Bryant/Ford 12+ Model search... i know how crazy that is, but at least I wouldn't have to hear anyone's comments about me and I could potentiallt win $100, $250, $500 or a $25,000 contract...Now I know I'm not pretty, but it is fun to do something out of character every once in a while and and least with this, I can't get humiliated ;)

Oh, and the best thing that's new with me - I'm going to be an auntie again! My sister Stacie who got married in November just found out she is pg!!! Woohoo! I love babies! :bb:

Tulip-Fairy
05-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Sorry guys..I've read the posts but haven't got time to post myself...i'll be back as soon as i can! Joanne's birthdsy then i've got to work for the next two days then it's her party! Then a friends bbq on sunday!

I'll try to pop in later!

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 07:42 PM
Sounds like a fun few days Tulip! Watch out for :hb: as it is the :devil: in disguise!

Tulip-Fairy
05-26-2004, 07:17 AM
I'll be on my guard...I promise!! lol

Hotsplashes
05-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Congrats on being an Auntie again, Jenn....and don't ever think you are not pretty! I think you are doing a wonderful thing by sending in those photos to Lane bryant! This just might be the start of something new and wonderful for you! I hope you do well!

Tulip,,,like Jenn said...watch out for the Bday Cake!!lol They don't call it Devil's Food for nothing! Have a great time!

As for me...work is going to be dangerous in the terms of food. We have a Tim' Horton's Donut shop right beside us...how easy it was yesterday to get a large tea with 2 teabiscuits! then later it was a toasted bagel with creamcheese!!! Past Midnite no less! So I'm just going to have to make sure I can completely avoid that trap!lol

I'm off to go get ready for work...take care ladies!!

JEO1982
05-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Wow, thank you HS! If anything comes of it, I will definitely let y'all know! ;)

:goodluck: staying away from the donut shop! That is another little :devil: ! :lol:

Hotsplashes
05-27-2004, 02:04 AM
OK...I did good...only had tea at Tim Horton's tonite!lol NO bagels or donuts!!lol Tis a step in the right direction! Time for bed now!!!

JEO1982
05-27-2004, 09:33 AM
Definitely! Tea is not bad for you! Keep the willpower up! :coffee:

RavenToy
05-28-2004, 10:08 AM
*sneaks back in hoping no one really noticed she was gone* :D :D :D

Hi there!!

I'm back OP finally!

I ran this morning!

I'm obsessed with Vin Diesel!

I think I had too much coffee this morning!

Three day weekend coming up. I have been the queen of thoughtless, emotional, and stress eating for about 5 weeks. Now I have to pay the price in the form of bad ugly stinky numbers on my scale. :cry:

But yesterday (because it was payday, and I need to buy good food to be on a good plan) was my first day back on track, and I feel really good. I did my interval run this morning after lord knows how long and it felt really good. Tomorrow is upper body with ye olde weights (which I will need to dust off), I'm really looking forward to it.

I haven't kept up in the slightest. :o I hope everyone is doing great!!

JEO1982
05-28-2004, 11:48 AM
:wave: Welcome back Raven! It is good to see that you jumped back on the wagon with a running start ;) If you keep it up you'll see the pounds from your little detour come right back off! Keep going!

Maybe some other with come back too... There hasn't been many of us in here lately, just about three of us left most of the time...Hopefully when I come back from my weekend of not being able to go online since Tim's mom and sister are coming up from AL today, there will be a few more people comin back to post.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Hotsplashes
05-29-2004, 05:07 PM
ok...how weird is that....I posted here yesterday...and now it's not here...this site is Peeing me off....I said hello to everyone...asked Raven how the new horse was...Told Jenn to enjoy her weekend and that I know she'll do well with meeting the mom and sis cuz she's a nice person! So how sucky is that...I wonder if we can sue the site?lol

keep up the great work ladies and I hope this posts!!!

JEO1982
05-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks HS!! It is going great! They are very sweet, just like Tim. ;) We went up to Maine yesterday and it was a nice trip. Today we are going to a cook-out at my family's house... I hope all goes well :crossed:

I hope everyone else it having a great weekend! Get out and enjoy the weather! ;)

Hotsplashes
06-01-2004, 12:58 AM
Holy crapola....what is wrong with this site? I've been posting here and nothing comes up...this is really peeing me off...I'm going to have to send a letter to the 3fc ladies!!!

JEO1982
06-01-2004, 08:52 AM
:wave:Good morning ladies!

HS- Sorry that you are having continuous problems with posting... I think it is a good idea to talk with the 3 chicks that rule this henhouse to see what's up :?:

The weekend with Tim's mom and sister was great. They are just so nice! Like I mentioned, we went up to Maine on Saturday and to a cookout at my family's house on Sunday. Yesterday I left them alone so they could have some time with just Tim and while they were out, they bought me wizard of oz magnets because "they saw them and thought of me" - how sweet are they? I went out to dinner with them last night and then we just sat around the apartment for a while. Tim is driving them back to the airport today... I wish I could see them off, but my sister is on vacation this week, which means I can't take the day off, so I said my good-byes last night.

This morning I went to the gym first thing...I wanted to get my workout in now so I could spend my ENTIRE afternoon with Tim since we hadn't had any personal time to just snuggle with his mom and sister staying at his apartment...anywho I weighed myself while I was at the gym, and I actually cried...HAPPY tears... I saw 198.75#!!!! I DID IT!!! I'm in ONEderland!!! After a holiday weekend and not going to the gym since Friday...I am soooo excited! :dance::hat:

Tulip-Fairy
06-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Hello - I'm back!!

Said i'd be off for a few days..I have been soooooooo busy, but things are calming down so thought i'd jump on here and catch up!

HS - I sympathise with you...missing post have happened to me quite a few times, it's soooo annoying!! Well done on avoiding the donuts and bagels!

Raven - welcome back, and well done on starting back with a run..that's what i like to see motivation!!

Jeo/Jenn well done on your weight loss...keep up the good work, glad you had a nice weekend with Tim's folks...any news of his job??

DD's 9th birthday princess party went down really well, they all looked so cute dress up to the nines in their princess dresses, we played loads of princess games, kiss the frog / princess and the pea (sitting on cushions to find the hidden marble!) we ate all healthy finger foods / loads of fruit, veg etc it was great. Work is going really well, i'm tired but loving it, it's so rewarding. Food intake is okay, aprart from the odd treat now and then, managed to dodge the birthday cake, it was a fairytale castle and covered in icing which is a big no -no so i didn't have any!

Should be around for a while now, so will be here tomorrow!

Bye

JEO1982
06-01-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks Tulip! We havn't heard anything as of yet which is making me think they went with another canidate, but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for him a little while longer :crossed:

DD's b-day party sounds like it was a blast! Great job staying away from the cake! We had an icecream cake at the cookout for my sister's birthday, and I didn't resist...However when my mom tempted me with another piece, I stayed strong and said no, but I stole the cherry from the top of it first :lol:

Hotsplashes
06-02-2004, 11:03 AM
Tulip, welcome back! That party sounds like it was sooo much fun. Makes me want to have a princess party now! Glad work is going well and that you are enjoying it. As for sneaking a treat now then...you gotta reward yourself sometimes! Just not ALL the time! Keep up the great work!

Hay Jenn! Congrats on Hitting ONEderland! And now you want to be down to 197 by July 1! That'll be easy for you! I like your little barbell system! You've already lost 20lbs!! AWESOME work! Glad you were able to spend alone time with TIm. ANd I'll keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed that he gets the job! Have a great day!

Well I'm off to do laundry after I finish my tea. Work is killingme, but I'm finally getting all caught up financially. So I can't complain. It's nice to see the bills paid and the bank account growing. So I owe I owe, It's off to work I go! LOl These late hours are killingme tho. I'll get used to it again once I can find a sleep pattern!lol

See everyone tomorrow!

JEO1982
06-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Thanks HS! It is great to see that you are getting all caught up financially...No one likes the feeling of being behind... I hope you can find that sleep pattern for yourself rather quickly so work gets more bearable!

RavenToy
06-02-2004, 08:49 PM
Hey ladies!

HS - I wonder why you're having problems. I haven't had any posts disappear that I'm aware of. Eve is doing absolutely GREAT! We had a few incidents that just pointed out some rather gaping holes in her training, but she's an off the track thoroughbred - I pretty much expected that. The woman who had been her guardian before us apparently invested a great deal of time getting her dressage trained, because she appears to know a considerable amount more than we expected! More than we know, by far. :lol: So we've been spending the majority of the time working on her groundtraining and teaching her to tie, etc. Arashi is doing so well, too... coming along beautifully. And poor Shadow - she actually has a bone spavin. We're working through that though, and it shouldn't be too much longer before she's sound again. So lets see .. you're working again. What are you doing? Did I miss that? :o

TF - Aw. Princess party. I think my daughter would have killed me if I'd ever thrown something like that for her. ;) It sounds like yours was a terrific success!!

Jenn - :bravo: Congrats on being in onederland!!! That's fantastic!! I remember when I hit that I cried. I thought I'd never see anything under 200 again. One pound at a time, eh? :D

My biggest challenge has turned out to be TIME! Argh. I need to get to bed no later than 10 at night so I can wake up early enough to work out. BUT I haven't been able to do that lately. Mostly my own fault. But some of it just pure scheduling issues with the stable since they've moved the lessons to either early morning or evening to avoid the heat. I ride in the evenings, and now I have to wait till lessons are over and sometimes that's after 8:30. Well last night as the darkness fell and the moon came out and the quiet settled over us... it was just too hard to stop riding. The sound of his muffled hoofbeats in the sand and our breathing was so peaceful. Mesmerizing almost. No saddle, just him and me. It was so hard to make myself slide off him and just be me again. So I didn't get to bed till after midnight. tsk. No excuses tonight. I'm staying home so I can get some sleep. So tomorrow morning, I workout! Ha! ;)

Hotsplashes
06-03-2004, 01:08 PM
Welcome back Raven! Glad to hear Eve and Arashi are doing so well...Poor Shadow...spavins are a pain...they reoccure too...they suck. Hope everyone stays well!

Tulip...how you doing?

Jeo/Jenn...any word for Tim yet? My eyes are hurting from staying crosseyed so long! Good luck!

Sorry for the short postie folks...but it's back to work I go...I am now known as The Bar***** cuz I put our head chef in his place when he tried to pull some childish stunts that could have gotten staff hurt. But hay...Better Bar***** than hurt and unemployed!

Take care and I'll see everyone tomorrow afternoon since I actually have a day shift!!!

JEO1982
06-03-2004, 03:14 PM
HS- No word on the job yet, but Tim has Friday's off so he is going to call them tomorrow and see if he can find out. BTW, good for you standing up to the chef, at least people now know you'll stand up for yourself. I wouldn't mind being called 'Bar*****' especially if I knew it was because I was protecting other people's safety. My friends and I used to work dorm security and we called ourselves the 'security *****es'! :lol:

Hotsplashes
06-04-2004, 01:18 AM
LMAO I like that JEnn! Security *****es...that's better than Security Blankets!! I hope Tim gets the job! Hay any word on how his mum and sis liked you? I KNOW they just loved you to pieces!!

Just a quick pop in ladies..gotta be up for opening shift in 5 hours! take care and I'll see everyone when I got home at 4pm!

JEO1982
06-04-2004, 11:42 AM
Good morning lovelies!

I went to the gym and water aerobics last night and back to the gym at 6:00 this morning. I got weighed and measured so I wouldn't have to do it during TOM again. Here are my losses: (this month/total)

Bust: -1.50/-2.25
Waist: -1.50/-3.25
Abdomen: -3.0/-4.5
Hips: -2.25/-4.25
Thighs: -0.5/-0.5
Arms: -0.5/-2.0
Weight: -10.5#/-22.5#

Needless to say I was quite please, except for the bust thing

Anyhow, I hope y'all are having a great Friday!!

Tulip-Fairy
06-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi,
It's still saturday here (Just) - thought i'd pop in to say hello. I have just finished a late shift (4pm-10pm) and am due back in at 7:30am in the morning, so not much time to socialise...here or with friends in person so it'll be short and sweet i'm afraid!

Had a half term from ****...i have eaten the same diet as the kids all week..crossiants...muffins...pizza! Ahhhhhh i have been so ill...I dont' know why i do it - I know it is gonna make me ill but i just do!!! Had severe reaction to all that wheat this morning and cried!!! I have told the family to keep me away from it all, don't let me eat it! I have filled the fridge with good stuff that i can eat to keep me to my plan.
I love having the kids home from school but find it so much of a temptation to eat the stuff i'm not allowed, in school time i find it so much better to eat my own food!

How are you guys?? Jeo/Jenn well done on reaching onederland..I'm really pleased for you, keep up the good work!

HS - You sound as tired but as happy with work as i do??!! I'm loving my work, the residents have really taken to me and i feel as if i'm making a real difference! Bit like you on the old chef issue?? lol - you stick to your guns HS and stick up for your emplyees!

Raven - Nice to hear from you - still enjoying those horses i see?? Isn't riding really good exercise?? All that riding should be making you fitter? Keep in touch, it's great to hear from you!
As for the princess party - my little one loved it..however if i had suggested it to the other two at that aged they'd have disowned me...there real tomboys, but my youngest is a really pink girlie!!!

HS - Is it down to the four of us now?? what happened to Grassie?

I'll try to pop in tomorrow, I'm out of work at 4:30pm but have to pick up family from doing a 23.4mile sponsored walk for our local children's hospitial....oldest daughter and hubby are going to try to do it all, the two younger ones are going to beat their personal best of 7.3 miles...unfortunatly i have to work so won't be able to do it with them, but am going to meet up with them after 5pm to do the last bit...so i may be too tired to switch on the pc until monday!!
C u when i can

Tulip

miss_elisha
06-05-2004, 11:06 PM
Hello, fellow addicts! Yes, I'm still around, and still losing. This morning showed 213, and I think my scale is done spazzing out--it's not bouncing around anymore, or at least not as much as it was. I even stepped off and on about 8 times just to make sure, because my eating has been crappy and my exercise non-existant. But I guess eating is still better than it used to be, even if I am a few hundred calories over my goal. Today I'm way under goal, so I'm sitting here munching on blue tortilla chips and hummus. This new Greek style hummus is really good--even better than the roasted red pepper hummus, and that stuff is tasty!
So anyway, I guess I'm doing fine. Could be better, could be worse, as usual.
I guess that's it from me tonight.
I hope everyone has a peaceful, healthy Sunday.
~Elisha

Hotsplashes
06-06-2004, 09:29 AM
wow...my post didn't show up again. No word from 3FC folks as to why it's not working for me most times now. Am off to work and will post later...Congrats to Jenn! YAYYYYY Elisha!!! And Tulip...Stay away from the Wheat!!Lol Keep on going ladies!

Hotsplashes
06-06-2004, 10:35 PM
well at least that last post showed up...eating has been horrible today...thanks to exbf. He's just being an idiot...not a mean idiot...jsut a dumbass. It's like having a child...I told him if I wanted to look after a kid, i would have had one by n0w or I'd borrow my niece and nephew for a few days.

Well that's been my day...trying to destress...hot bath helped...chips didn't. I'm paying for it now.

Take care and see everyone before I leave for work tomorrow!

Tulip-Fairy
06-07-2004, 06:21 AM
Good morning ladies!

Nice to hear from you Miss Elisha..we missed you! Congrats on jumping on the scales 8 times...your a true SA!! LOL. Greek style hummus is fabulous..my uncle is greek and makes his own, which i knick out of the fridge when ever i'm over at his restaurant...wicked stuff, so is his Tatziki!!!

HS - don't you just hate childish men??? Why don't they just grow up eh? be strong Splashes...look how much fun your having when he's not around...you don't need to start carrying all that excess weight again!! lol

Well my news...oldest DD and Hubby walked 19 miles and the two younger ones managed 9!!! I am so proud of them, they have raised a fair amount of money for the children's charity as well!! I'm especially proud of the oldest as this time two years ago,she had just undergone corrective surgery on both feet and was in plaster for 6 weeks!!! She's gone off on a geography field trip today, aching like anything!! Poor love!

Scales said 130lbs this morning so i'm not too pleased, I MUST I MUST STICK TO MY EATING PLAN AND DO SOME EXERCISE!!!!!! I've kept off the wheat all weekend so it's a start!! Thanks for the reminder HS...your a star! ;-)

Until tomorrow!

JEO1982
06-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Get a quick post to let you know HS that Tim didn't get the job :( SO he will still be making the 1.5 hour trips to and from work and you can un-cross your eyes...Thanks for the support though!

I was out all weekend and didn't get a chance to come post, and right now work is actually busy, so I have to run, but I will be back later on. Have a great day everyone!

Tulip-Fairy
06-07-2004, 06:41 PM
Boo Hoo for Tim, Jeo/Jenn but i bet HS is relieved that she doesn't have to go around with her eyes crossed anymore!!! Obviously didn't work anyway!!! LOL Hope he has better luck with the next one!

My eating has been good today and my water intake has been good as it was actually 30 degrees today !!! Mega hot for the UK..my plants are wilting and youngest DD caught the sun on the back of her neck, due to a rather severe hair cut during half term!! woops...need more sun cream tomorrow!!!

It's 11:40pm on Monday here so i'm off to get some much needed beauty sleep..see you guys tomorrow!

Hotsplashes
06-08-2004, 01:43 AM
Ohhh JEnn...I'm sorry Tim didn't get the job...but that just means there's a better one elsewhere for him! One door closes another one opens! Glad to hear work is busy. Busy at my work too!

Tulip glad to see you back! Uhoh...130...but I bet it's ToM soon! Or just finished. Congrats on the all the walking! Twas hot here too...close to 30...for you Merkins..that's 90F... Just hoping it's gonna rain soon to get rid of the humidity! My feet are killing me...so I'm heading out!

Take care ladies

Hope to see Elisha again soon. Raven when she gets a chance..and everyone else who's gone AWOL!!!

JEO1982
06-08-2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks HS! We'll be keeping our eyes open for something to cut his drive....A friend of his introduced him to the town manager for the next town over ad she is currently debating her need of someone who does what Tim does...so maybe that will be the door that opens...we'll see ;)

Tulip-Fairy
06-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the "congrats" for all that walking HS but i didn't do any of it...I was working so it was just DH and kids!! LOL but hey i'll take praise if its going free!!! LOL

It's hot again today, water intake good, eating sensibily, except for the awesome chocolate cake that has just gone into the oven!!!!!!!! Jo-Jo has been given a cookbook for her birthday and has asked me to cook the aptly named cake for tea...I know she was ment to cook it but she is cooking the main course instead and we'll have the cake for dessert! I PROMISE I'LL ONLY HAVE A SMALL LITTLE PIECE - HONEST!! the main course is chicken kebabs with salad and garlic bread (no bread for me tho-) so it's pretty healthy.

Jenn i back up what HS says...there's a better job out there for Tim, it'll happen when it's ready!

Hope to hear from more of you soon!

Tulip
~x~

Tulip-Fairy
06-08-2004, 08:37 AM
WOAH - where did you come from Jenn? your message wasn't there when i posted to HS but when mine came through yours was before mine!!!!

See we told you something better was just around the corner!!! fingers and eyes crossed again HS!

Shelley0574
06-08-2004, 09:57 AM
::: Peeks in ::: Howdy yall! :wave: I didn't leave on purpose this time I promise. LOL I had major computer issues and finally have them resolved. :) I've missed everyone dearly!!

I'm proud to say that I am only 14 pounds away from my goal weight! I've lost 4 pounds in the month that I was away. I would have lost more if it weren't for a little plateau that I hit. But I was patient this time and I finally broke it!! :)

How is everyone doing????

Tulip-Fairy
06-08-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi-ya Shelly,

It's nice to hear from you...sorry about your puter..I'm expecting a big crash with this one soon, it is sooooo old, it's positively creaking when loading!!! lol

14lbs off your goal weight...oohhhh your such a good girl...where did you get all that will power from...I sure could use some, i've gained 7lbs since christmas...just can't seem to shift it...(it would help if i laid off the cakes i suppose!!!) lol

Look forward to catching up with you soon!
Tulip

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Shelly - Glad to see that you got your computer issues resolved... I hategoing without my computer! I use it to track my calories ad I'm lost without it :lol: Anywho... CONGRATULAtions on breaking your plateau! Keep it up!

So last night I was all excited because I saw 197 on the scale at the gym...well this morning I went there at 6:00 AM and had to weigh myself again (of course I did , I'm an addict)...It read 195.75! I was so happy. I have not only met my July 1st July, but I have surpassed it with 3 weeks left to go! Not only that, but TOM is due today...do you believe that?

Shelley0574
06-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Hiya TF! So good to see you :) Yeah, my computer is only a year and a half old and it's acting like it's a dinosaur. I had to reformat the hard drive and I lost everything I had! Hmmm will power. LOL It's very hard for sure but I've gotten used to it. I've cut my sugar completely out. I use Splenda or Sweet n Low. (I'm a big coffee and iced tea drinker) I don't have cravings for sweets anymore.. which is very surprising because everyone who knows me.. knows that sweets are my downfall and I am never seen without a cookie, brownie, piece of cake, etc.. in my hand. lol If I have to have anything sweet, I'll eat one of those low carb hershey bars.. YUMMY! They taste too good to be true. They don't cause my glycemic levels to rise thus making me hungry later on.

Anyway.. Jenn that is absolutely wonderful!! Congrats! :) I love seeing those numbers go down.. and especially around TOM! That's great. :) I'm due for TOM any day now so I'm trying to stay off the scales..

Alrighty.. guess I'd better get motivated here and get ready for work. Hope you all have a FABuLOUS day! :D

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks Shelly! I don't blame you for staying away from the scales.... TOM is not usually very friendly to the number you see there.... :crossed: that AF is nice to you this month and doesn't cause you too much bloat! ;)

Tulip-Fairy
06-09-2004, 05:01 PM
Happy Humpday everyone!

Shelly - it's great to hear you are doing so well, it makes me that little bit more motivated...shelly can do it so am I!!! Keep up the good work you are an inspiration to us all!!!

Good evening Jenn - how are you today?? still busy at work?

HS - Hi-ya how's it going??

Eating well, drinking ok, no work to day spent it shopping for fathers day and oldest DD birthday on monday!

See you all tomorrow

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 10:12 PM
I wish I was busy at work! The day dragged by today.... it's gone right back to slooowww..... But it is almost Thursday and the weekend is approaching! YEA!

Hotsplashes
06-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Howdie everyone and YAYYYYYYYY welcome back Shelley!!!!! And WOOHOO JENN on losing more weight!!! WHATTA GAL!

Work has been so busy for me that I missed posting yesterday! So now I'm on my way to bed so I can get up early and post more tomorrow morning(well this morning!lol)

My feet are hurting but it's worth the ,money I've been making at the new job! My new bonus as night manager kicks in on July 1st and that's an extra 300 bucks a month.

JEnn I told ya another door would open!

TF How is work going? ANd have a small piece of cake for me!

Keep up the great Shelley! 4lbs already ! WOOHOO!

Nighty nite ladies and see you later!!!

Tulip-Fairy
06-10-2004, 06:02 AM
It's a good thursday morning so far..I've been really busy, met my friends daughter at school and put her hair in a french plait for her communion mass, been to the dentist, prepared dinner for this evening, made lunch to take to my mothers in a minute, left notes for kids coming in from school and caught up with emails / phone calls...wow i'm a superwomen today...i have so much engery when i eat well!!! I'm helping with swimming class this afternoon and i'm off to work at 4pm until 10pm...life is busy busy busy at the moment!!

Hope you had a good night's rest HS - sounded like you needed it!!
Jenn don't complain about NOT bieng busy...take it as a rest period, recharge your batteries until the next manic session starts!!

That's it from me for today...It's friday tomorrow..YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JEO1982
06-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Wow Tulip! Look at you go! With all that you've accomplised this morning, I think I should be calling you Uber-Tulip! :lol: Keep going at this pace all day and you should definitely sleep well tonight! I'll try not to complain about it being slow, and I'll try to stay awake all day too! :lol3:

HS - Thanks for the encouragement! It's great that you see beyond your feet hurting to the money being a good thing... Alot of people only look at the negatives...That's awesome about the extra $300 per month, I'm sure that will come in handy! ;)

Shelley0574
06-10-2004, 09:50 AM
TF-- look at YOU though.. look how far you've come.. You don't have very much further to go either! :) Your day sounds like mine did when the kids were in school. Always going never stopping. When you do stop, you'll find something to do. lol It's calmed down for me a lot though now that they're out for the Summer. But we have my 2 teenage stepsons with us here for the Summer so it's still a little busy around here.

Michele!! It's so good to see you. Wow.. congrats on that new job and bonus. You deserve it!! :) I just got promoted myself at my new job.. well after 6 months of being there. I'm now the daytime floor manager over all the waiters/waitresses! The money is a little better. I can understand about those feet hurting.. When I pull doubles, I come home and immediately put my feet in my foot spa thingy. But you're right, it's definitely worth the money!! I can work a Friday and Saturday night and come home with almost 300 dollars in tips for both nights. That's extra food on the table and whatever bills that need to be paid right there.

Stepped on that dreaded thing in my bathroom this morning. I knew I shouldn't have. I'm up 1# but it's almost time for TOM plus it doesn't help that I drank a half a bottle of Cabernet last night. LOL

Hope everyone's day goes well today. I've gotta get my rear in gear and get ready for work. TTFN! :)

Tulip-Fairy
06-10-2004, 07:27 PM
12:20AM

Got in at 10:30pm and thought I'd just pop on here and check my emails...couldn't resisit popping in here to see what's been going on while i've been at work!!!
I'll sleep well, while you've probably still got your day going on!

Until tomorrow!
Tulip
~x~

Tulip-Fairy
06-11-2004, 05:41 AM
GOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

IT'S FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Jumped on the scales 3 times this morning, just to make sure it was right....down 2lbs only another 2lbs to get back to what is showing as my Current Weight!! I am so determined to reach my Goal Weight..it's taking me ages...I keep yo-yo-ing all the time..it's coz i can fit into all my clothes so am a little to leanent (?) with myself!!

Going off to my sisters for the weekend to celebrate oldest DD birthday which is on Monday...thought i'd pop in before i go!!

C U All monday!

Shelley0574
06-11-2004, 09:27 AM
WOOHOO!! :dance: That's awesome TF! You'll be at your goal weight before you know it. Just keep up the great work!! :) Have fun at your sister's and Happy Birthday to your DD!

TOM is here today and I feel like a friggin whale, I swear. Which reminds me of a question I wanted to ask you all. Have you ever looked in the mirror and saw yourself as "skinny?" There are times when I see myself and I look so good, I look skinny.. then there are times (like now) I look in the mirror and I see nothing but big ol fat whale. It's not only when TOM is here either. Is this what they call having a "fat day?" It's wierd how we see ourselves sometimes. I know yall know what I'm talking about. lol I feel like I rambling! :blah: Need......more......coffee... :coffee:

JEO1982
06-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Way to go TF! Have fun celebrating, but don't celebrate too hard ;)

Shelly- I totally have days like that....Sometimes I look in the mirror and I really notice the 25# difference....Other days I look in the mirror and get disgusted that it seems like 25# has done nothing, and I'm still huge... I hate that :p

Hotsplashes
06-11-2004, 11:33 PM
Evening ladies...pulled a double today and am now going on week 3 with no days off...but as Shelley said...the money is worth it for food on the table and those unexpected bills like my brakes on my car. Things are stillg oing well...not losing...not gaining...but am getting toned.

Hope everyone will bear with me until I get organized!lol

have a great weekend ladies!

Hotsplashes
06-13-2004, 02:13 AM
well here I am! Late again...work was good. Now I'm tired. At least I can sleep in, don't have to go in till 2pm. I smell like smoke. I hate that. Ate well today. Getting in lotsa water. I guess everyone is enjoying the nice weather!!! Keep up the fun ladies!

Michele

Shelley0574
06-14-2004, 10:10 AM
Good Gravy Chele.....They're working you like a dog.. you need a few days off! Tell 'em you need to catch up with your SAA friends LOL Seriously though, don't work too hard now and don't be afraid to ask for time off! We're not robots ya know ;)

The weather here has been very stormy. We've had a line of severe thunderstorms come through since yesterday morning. Supposed to last all week! The week before last, we had storms so severe that we were getting tornado warnings and the sirens were going off! Very scary for sure. I hope this isn't a repeat.

Well, I'm down to 143 now :) Haven't stepped on the scale in a few days though.. so I don't know if I've lost or gained. I kinda cheated Saturday and Sunday... had some nana pudding, cheese cake and more wine. lol I'm gonna try and wait a few more days of me being good again before I check the numbers. One more pound and I can say that I've lost a total of 25 pounds!!!

Hope everyone's Monday is going well. Catch up with yall later!

miss_elisha
06-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Tell me chickies, what do you do when your scale goes bonkers? Run out and get a new one? I wish I could, but I'm a little strapped for cash at the moment (as always).
So anyway, my scale has been a little bouncy lately, giving me a range of about 8 pounds. I've been using the highest number as my guide, since that was closest to my weight when it started acting up and what I think it should be (if that makes sense), and today it gave me a reading of 212. 212! Woohoo! That means I've officially lost 20 pounds!
And my diet and exercise is back on track as of today. I want to lose 15-20 pounds by the time I go to the beach in September, which is completely doable. I realized that would put me at my lowest weight since high school (I was roughly around 190 during those years). How awesome is that?!
And my boss offered me the Cosmetics Manager position I was turned down for a few months ago, so that will be a little more money, which is definitely good, since Grandma just helped me buy a car. So now I've got car payments and insurance in addition to all of my other bills. But it's ok, I can manage. I've just got to quit spending money on crap I don't need.
Ok, I think that's all I have to say for the moment. I hope everyone is having a healthy day!
~Elisha

JEO1982
06-14-2004, 02:19 PM
Woohoo Elisha!!! Look at you go... 20# down and a promotion to boot!! :bravo: That is fantastic! Keep up the great work! :cp:

tucsonchris
06-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Elisha

If you scale is a battery operated one--check the battery--if it is low, it will registed funny numbers (like up and down the scale)

Just a thought

Chris

JEO1982
06-15-2004, 01:57 PM
I just wanted to share my pictures with y'all:

My Member Gallery (http://www.3fatchicks.com/member-gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=28848)

Shelley0574
06-15-2004, 07:37 PM
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I stepped on the scale this morning and it said 141!!!!! I am so so happy.. LOL I went out and bought a pair of size 8 jeans today and they actually fit! I knew my size 10's were getting baggy on me anyway so I decided to go shopping. I am pretty speechless right now (which is unusual for me) but I just wanted to share my good news with yall. I haven't been this size for over 5 years!!!!

JEO1982
06-16-2004, 09:46 AM
:bravo: :cp: Congratulations Shelley!!! That is awesome! I've been trying to get up the courage to try on a smaller size jeans, but I'm afraid they wa=on't fit and I'll be disappointed :dizzy: I think you should wear them inside out so everyone can see your size 8!!! ;)

Shelley0574
06-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks Jenn! :) I only try on smaller sizes if my current pants are getting baggy in the butt. I have a big butt. lol

Congrats on that loss, Elisha! That's fantastic. You'll be on that beach in no time! :)

Hate to cut this short but I'm running late today. I've had a hard time getting motivated this week. My new position at work has me completely drained. Not that I'm complaining.. but it's gonna take a bit getting used to.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! :)

JEO1982
06-16-2004, 11:57 AM
Shelley I can slide my arm all the way into my pants and yesterday I took them off without undoing them at all... Yet I am still afraid the next size won't fit yet.... With me it is not my butt, but my thighs that are big... Maybe this weekend I'll be brave and try a pair ;)

Tulip-Fairy
06-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Hiya
just to let you know that i'm still around...working hard...kids are pretty high maintanance at the moment and it's sunny here!!!!! so plenty of garden stuff to do!

Well done on all you loosers and to the smaller trousers size too!!!

I'll jump on here again when i've got a bit more time...just about ready to go to work!!
Bye for now
Tulip

Hotsplashes
06-17-2004, 08:23 PM
Howdieeeee dooooo ladies! Puter was in the shop cuz of viruses. Glad to be back and glad to see everyone so busy! Congrats to Elisha, Shelley, and of course...our resident cheering squad...JeoJenn!

I'm not stepping on the scales cuz I'm too scared to. Jeans aren't fitting any tighter. But not any looser either. I have a big butt and big thighs!lol But that's the Italian in me I guess!lol.

Was at the Dr.s today and he said I really need to watch my eating and control WHEN I eat my carbs. No carbs until between 4 and 8 pm. Prefferably around 6pm. So now I have to reschedule all my eating times!lol Not a hard thing tho. At least I have that 4 hour window.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend. Tis supposed to be extremely hot, humid and rainy here tomorrow, then clearing up by Saturday. Heat and humidity will still be high. Thank goodness for airconditioning!

See everyone On Saturday since I'm working a double tomorrow!

Tulip-Fairy
06-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi everyone,

Just re-read the past couple of days and noticed chris....hi-ya Chris are you new to SAA..have seen you before, but there again i haven't been around much over the past couple of weeks.

Hope your all well, your posts seems to have you in fine fare...what's this about big pants??? Shelly / Jenn if you continue to wear your arms down your pants you will DEFINATLY fall over...it's just a matter of time!!! LOL :joker:

HS - glad your puter is fixed, I hate nasty gremlins in my pc..it doens't half itch!! Go on jump on those scales, you know you want to! After all these double shifts, the pounds must be dropping off you...how's life in singledom?? Still enjoying yourself...let us know what your up to...just to make us old marrieds jealous!! :p

Hope you got your scales fixed Elisha, i know i couldn't live without mine...!

Well a bit about me...my scales are stuck, neither moving up nor down!! Work is great, i'm only part-time and the money isnt' great compared to what i was earning when i was full-time self-employed but WOW what job satisfaction, i love it!! It is so rewarding i never want to do anything else!!
Family are well and content, DD just had her 15th Birthday, she's so lovely, we took her out for a chinese meal with my youngest DD and it was a lovely evening, i controlled what i ate and picked pretty healthy options!! :^: honest!!

Well am working this weekend so probably won't get time to get on here, as we have some entertaining to do on Saturday night for DH's business, so have a good one and i'll see you all on monday!

Hotsplashes
06-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Just a real quickie note to say hello to everyone! Singledom is still waiting for exbf to move his chit out of my house. I've worked all weekend, double shifts and starting work again tomorrow. No days off till next Saturday. Tis ok...that day I go shopping for new microwave, new TV.

Tulip...I jumped on the scales and I lost 3lbs. But that only puts me back to 169. But as long as I lost I'm happy! I'll be starting a new thread tomorrow ladies! Look for SAA#9 Tomorrow morning!!lol Meaning Monday!lol