Old 05-10-2004, 08:02 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday May 10th Chat

Happy Canadian Mothers Day to my friends up north.

Weekend was excellent, sunday came in rainy and chilly and went out sunny and hot aaah... went bonkers off the diet yesterday, started out in the morning with donuts and ended up after dinner with rice pudding... oy!

Back to my turkey bacon today lol.

How was your weekend ?

HUGS!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:21 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hi Leenie! sounds like you enjoyed your day! Good!

The scale is up a pound. I'm blaming it on TOM and not the over-indulgence. It's back to working on getting my May goal done. So exercise and watching what I eat is back on the schedule! I woke up at 3 with major bad cramps and have been up ever since. Kind of payback for not watching what I've eaten this weekend I figure. It's a Monday, what can I expect? lol.
Have a great day!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:25 AM   #3  

Morning Leenie

I actually wasn't that bad this weekend considering I was away and at a wedding. The first night we were on the Cape I had some crab cakes....not OP, but at the wedding the next day I was totally OP....no crackers with my cheese, no pasta at the pasta station, in fact they didn't even serve potatoes which I thought was strange. The party after the wedding though was not good! I made my dh a sandwich so that he would have something solid in his stomach for the drinking to begin and for some reason I ate half of it! Then proceeded to eat some Smart Pop popcorn.
Oh well, damage done. I am up 3 pounds today. The only thing that is really bugging me is that on Friday before we left I was down 1 pound for last week. I had finally hit 155. Now I will have to work my big old tail off this week to get back there.
One good thing though....I got into my dress beautifully and so many people commented on how great I looked and that you could really tell I had been working hard at the weight loss. Makes a girl feel good. My dh was so proud. He kept telling everyone....my wife has lost 23 pounds! He was so cute.

Didn't have anything in the fridge since we were away this weekend so I was scrounging for low carb stuff to bring in today. Actually going to have a low carb bagel (just half) for lunch. Don't feel like walking to Subway.

Well, back to work. Talk to you later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:26 AM   #4  

Morning Brenda. You snuck in on me.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:38 AM   #5  
Total Sass Bucket

Morning Everyone!!!

Well, it's official... the BF has moved in!!! I'm just so glad I don't have to say good bye for a week at a time anymore. I just hope we can live together!!!!! We had a marvelous time on vacation this weekend and even had a decent time at my little sister's birthday party yesterday. I guess my dad and stepmom realized I was serious about him and decided to try and bring him into the family. He's still REALLY uncomfortable around them (disasterous first meeting) but I think it's getting better. He may never like my stepmom, but hey... not many people do.

I still have so much stuff to do here at work and I'm about ready to scream! The kids are getting antsy and I'm just as bad! We have Friday off this week, a full week next week and then 3 days of exams the following week so we're REALLY getting down there! Now, I'm off to call Target!
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:59 AM   #6  

Rhonda: I remember when my dh and I moved in together. We had been dating for about 10 years already but I was terrified! I just didn't know if it would work. I thought it would be the death of our relationship. Well much to my surprise we have been together in the same house for 3 years now and I love every minute of it. We got married a year after we moved into our house.
It does take some adjustments though......just be patient with each other while you work out the kinks. We had some RIPPIN fights the first year, and most of them were due to my adjusting. He is the most patient person I know...I am a bit volitile sometimes Sometimes I equate myself to the Tazmanian Devil. Swirling around in circles yelling and screaming and he just stands there and doesn't say a word

Don't you live with your sister also? Will that cause some problems? How does she feel about him moving in?
Old 05-10-2004, 10:15 AM   #7  
Total Sass Bucket

Jane: Yes I live with my sister. Our lease is up in August though so it's only for 2 months. They could be the 2 months from though but I guess we shall see!!! Thanks so much for the advice. Oh yeah, she doesn't mind him moving in. After all, she still gets the large bedroom and we pay 2/3 of the rent.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:18 AM   #8  

That's good then. In 2 months you could get your own place and start your life together as a couple.....Alone..........
Old 05-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #9  
Movin' and Losin'

Leenie: My weekend was an "OY!" one, too.

Brenda: Hope you get to feeling better.

Jane: Congrats on all the compliments -- you deserve them! Your DH is so cute.

Rhonda: I hope the living situation goes well.

Well, my motivation only comes a few days at a time. It lasted for a few days last week, and then I blew this weekend. Friday, I went to an art walk with a friend. All the art stores were open in town, and they all had wine and cheese out -- it felt very artsy (and I'm not a very artsy person). So, we had dinner at a neat little beach cafe (a high-carb wrap and a few fries for me). We walked through the stores on one side of the sidewalk, decided we needed a drink, and I proceeded to down a pina colada (sugar galore, I'm sure). Then, on the other side of the sidewalk there was a crazy shop with naked photos that offered jello shots that I proceeded to down (that was my kind of store ). Then, another pina colada. Then, we called it a night. So, my main problem was sugary drinks... ARGH!

Saturday, I made the mistake of discovering Atkins cinnamon raisin bagels. I proceeded to down way too many of them. That evening followed with lots of low-carb beer. ARGH!

Sunday, I went out to eat with a church group to Olive Garden. I did the best I could there, eating salad and minestrone soup (picking out the pasta). I was pretty proud of myself, but then later in the day, one of the guys wanted to go get some key lime pie. So, instead of just watching him eat it, I did, too, and it was delicious. That's my favorite kind of pie. ARGH! So, not one day was OP. I'm so mad at myself!!

I want to lose weight. I'm just losing motivation terribly. I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I should make myself wear a swimming suit everywhere -- that would scare me into losing weight. I don't know.

Tomorrow, I'm headed to Buffalo for work. Hopefully, I can manage to stay OP there. I think I'll be OK food-wise, but drink-wise I may be in trouble...

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:29 PM   #10  
Head Princess

Good morning

I am sooooooooooooo not smart! More of that in a minute.

Hi Leenie!

Brenda - It will come back off

Jane - I'm glad the dress was fabulous! How cute of your DH to be running around all proud of you!

Rhonda - Yippee for the move in!

Jina - I know how you feel. I think it gets harder to stay motivated when you're feeling better about how you look.

My weekend was great fun. Short version is drunk, drunk, dh's turn to be drunk but still stayed up until 5:30 this morning and was into work by 8:30. Oy!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 208/199/128

Rhonda - Hope everything goes well with the new move.

Star - I second that. As soon as I hit the 140s I seemed to get "comfortable" Now I can never seem to stay OP. So, DH and I (yes, he is finally getting into it) started a contest today. The first person to cheat has to do whatever the other wants! Sounds like fun to me!

Ok, I have to stay OP (I'm repeating this over and over in my head)!
LoriAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:40 PM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Star: I completely agree, too. I feel so much better about myself, and I'm getting lots of compliments, so I feel pretty hot most of the time. But, that's in jeans and sleeved shirts. If I ever have to get in a swimming suit, wear shorts or sleeveless shirts, I'm in trouble! I just need to figure out how to get motivated again... maybe a tropical vacation where those clothes would be necessary???

Lori: I love your contest! I'm repeating with you, "I have to stay OP!"
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:48 PM   #13  
Head Princess

I keep asking myself "do you want to get fat again?"

My SIL was doing atkins and then started slipping on a pretty regular basis and now she's off all together and has gained a bunch of weight back. I don't want that to be me!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:56 PM   #14  
Total Sass Bucket

I've been slipping up so much lately that I've been looking at what I can do. I've been thinking about upping my carbs so that I have more options. I'm sooo picky about my veggies and I never have liked onions or peppers or lettuce very much so this has been pretty hard for me. I dunno. I want to lost at LEAST 15 more lbs before I up my carb intake though. Right now I seem to think it's ok to be on plan during the week and go "off" on weekends... which means I binge on regular soda and cheetos (which I miss so much). If I upped my carbs, I would be more likely to recognize it as a lifestyle change I think. I duno, I have just been so torn lately.

Oh yeah, I got my lean mass measured the other day. It's 130lbs. So, I'm going to up my goal to 155 since you're supposed to have about 20 lbs of fat on your body. I got mine done because my sister was pretty high for her height and I figured it could be genetic and yup, it is. the test cost me 10 bucks and I would highly recommend everyone getting it done so you can calculate a reasonable goal.... my sister is 5'3 and it says she should be around 125... but that's her lean mass!! If she would have set her goal to 125 she would have been terribly disappointed.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:10 PM   #15  

I have to say I am glad that I am not the only one going through this phase!
I just had a slice (HUGE!) of pizza. I am tired and when I am tired I want junk! Plain and simple.

And like Star I kept saying to myself.....do you want to get into that black dress or not? I guess today the black dress is just going to have to wait.

The thing I like best about this plan is that I can go back to being op and will lose whatever I put on.....the thing that worries me about this plan is that it seems awful easy to put on the pounds when you cheat. I worry about what it will be like when I start adding more carbs each week.

Star: I feel your sleep deprived pain. I am tired too. Never sleep as well when I am away. Going to get to bed early tonight. You too! Hey, you know what else I have been meaning to ask you.......the picture that TG posted.....is that you she is referring to when she said her friend Star? Also, how did your follow up exam go on your eyes?

Shimma: I tend to do the same thing....let loose a little on the weekends. Then I have to work my butt off all week to lose what I gained. I know it is so hard sometimes.

Jina: Sounds like you had fun anyway! We all seem to be having motivation issues today. Have fun in Buffalo!

Lori: Oh no! Not the contest with the husband thing! Usually no matter whether we win or lose they always want the same thing! If we lose we have to do it, if we win we get it as a prize!

Well, my pizza is sitting there like a lead bomb! Back to work.......