Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-10-2004, 08:00 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday, May 10th

Happy Canadian Mothers Day to all my friends up north.

Good Morning,

Weekend was very nice, it rained like crazy and was very cold Sunday morning but by the afternoon the kids were wearing shorts it got that hot and sunny, perfect ending to a perfect day. Went off the diet like you wouldn't believe w/donuts and burgers oh and rice pudding DROOL!!!

How was your weekend ?

Summer, have a safe business trip.

Hugs, Leenie

Me Needs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:15 AM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Morning Leenie!!

Hope everyone had a good Mothers Day. I wasn't feeling too good. Yesterday I was in bed most of the day sick. Still sick so you won't see too much of my "Graffiti" today. Just what I don't need right now. I have so much to do and being sick was not a part of it. The good news is DH and DD said we'll make up for it in 2 weeks when we go on our mini vacation up to the Western Regional Qualifier. I only judge 1 day so that gives us 2 free days to do family things. I splurged a bit and booked a suite with all of the "amenities". We'll see just what those "amenities" are when we get there...Hopefully a fruit basket! hehe.

Ugh...time to try to eat some soup and watch TV. I feel yecky just sitting here too long. I'll be back when I am up to par.

Until then, take care & keep safe.
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 09:57 AM   #3  

Yesterday, we had a nice church service in honor of Mother's Day and during the service there was a baptism. So cute and sweet! R assisted, as usual.

We went out for lunch and I super splurged! I ordered the jumbo deep fried shrimp/french fries and salad. Ya know....I only ate three of the shrimp and a couple fries cause I had eaten the salad first. I admit the dressing wasn't low anything but I used it sparingly. I brought home the rest of the food and the outside cats are getting the fries BUT I plan on enjoying those last three shrimp with a salad for lunch today.

I heard from my son yesterday and my daughter delivered my Mother's Day card to our mailbox AT CHURCH! Never saw her! She had messed up big time a few weeks ago and hurt our feelings badly, so she doesn't want to face us. But, putting that card in the mailbox seems quite juvenile to me. Am going to let her stew in her own juices until she grows up (At 34 she should be grown up, ya think!)
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 10:45 AM   #4  

morning everyone!

I have been working nights all weekend,,,,,,yesterday my family had a nice table full of gifts, cards, flowers and candy when I woke up....dh made supper and we hung out and had a quiet evening.

I haven't been around much over the weekend......but will try to catch up today between winks.......

Hope all is well.

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Leenie - I found something you like that I don't like - rice pudding - thank goodness that is one thing I don't like. There aren't many ya know! I had a piece of cheesecake yesterday at my mother-in-laws house and boy was it good. I also had fried fish & fries and catfish courtboullion (pronounced cue be yan). Any of ya'll ever had that - guess up north it would be called fish soup but that doesn't sound as good. It's basically a real spicey red gravy with fish in it that you serve over rice. YUM YUM

Tippy - I'm so glad your son called! I know you weren't expecting that. I'm glad he thought to call. I'm sure you are on his mind more then you realize. I hope and pray that things get better with your daughter soon. Our kids sure can keep us tied in knots, whatever age they are huh. hugs!

Liz - sounds like you've got some awful sweet girls at your house, making sure your day is special. hope you get some sleep today. hugs

It's busy at work, but I wanted to drop in quickly and say hi Gonna go walk at noon and will check back later.

Ya'll be good now!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #6  
i see the stars in me

i'm posting to say hi. Ihad a horrible mother's day but i have issues with my mom so devoting a day to her isnt the best thing for me. The rest of the week end was great i went on a date fri night and it was fairy tale like it was just soo perfect......

i like the idea of chats i was wondering if you guys would wanna maybe tonight at some point or in the near future set up a time at night (i kno a lot of u girls work) to go into the chat room?

let me know
faded_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 12:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Elle, glad you found the daily thread!

Sorry that Mothers Day was hard, but glad to hear your date on Friday night went well. "like a fairy tale" sounds great to me!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 01:43 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies,

Mother's Day weekend went great. I took my mother out, wrecked havoc on the diet and then came home Sunday and the d-step-d came home from her moms place and she gave me a beautiful gift that she made for me which included a poem on it that she wrote.

I'm really getting into this fitday site. I think it's great how i can track things AND i print each day out with charts... really nice. Then I'll have something to give to the nutritionalist when I go in to see him again on Wednesday.

Welcome Elle!

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:28 PM   #9  
i see the stars in me

what is this fit day site u r talking bout?
faded_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 03:24 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Elle Welcome !!!! so lady, tell us about your fairy tale date lol, its hard for me to get into chats at night but possibley on a friday or saturday, that might work. I haven't spoken to these ladies in a loooong time. Fitday is a great site where you can log in all your food intake and even customize it to the foods you eat, go to www.fitday.com and set yourself up for a free account. You'll get addicted, its fun.

Everyone I love yah.

Leenie
Old 05-10-2004, 04:44 PM   #11  

Good afternoon ladies

Today & tomorrow will be busy for me....getting ready to leave on Wednesday for DS1's wedding on Saturday. Today I went to the doctor for a prescripion....he cut the Celexa by 25%.....I have been so tired....so much trouble getting up in the morning....some days feeling exhausted a lot of the day...so this will help.
Tomorrow I go for a color, highlights & haircut....then we leave early Wednesday A.M.

Yesterday we went to a mothers Day brunch....I ate....am back with being OP today.

Leenie.....I love rice pudding....don't have it very often though.

Elle....welcome.....so sorry Mothers Day was so hard for you.

Sue Marie.....Over the last few years I have customized a lot of the food....foods that I have here....I enter the nutrition information for them....then it doesn't take a lot of time to enter the foods you eat.

April....aka....Bobbie
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:28 PM   #12  

Hi everyone.
I leave tomorrow night. Im so excited. Am all packed. Can't wait to go.
Thank you for all the support i have here.
My son said he would keep you up today. He pretty good about that. Beside he loves to play on our computer.
I am going to be stay there for at lest a month maybe more. Not sure depend on how i do i guess. Think coming home will be the hard part. Putting everything i learn in to play. I really believe this is going to work for me. I have stop bingeing and sugar in take since i accepted going. Like something in side of me has change. I would of thought i would be woofing it up. Praying this is whole new start for me.
Love you all
Flower.
Flower_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:42 PM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Ladies...

I've got bowling tonight, can't wait to try out my new ball. Someone needs to hide my credit card!

April... what did you mean but being OP? I entered a lot of the foods I made as well into the food list.

Hehehehe silly question of the day... is rice pudding the same as tapioca pudding?

Fade... Leenie is right, it's kinda addicting. I tend to play around with things for a while and then stop using them. I'm hoping that this doesn't happen with this food journal site. It's really great, gives you charts and reports. You should check it out :-)

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 05:54 PM   #14  

Sue Marie....OP means On Program....it comes from people who do Weight Watchers.....I see it on line....it just means I am doing okay with my eating plan.

Rice pudding isn't the same as tapioca pudding.....you can buy tapioca...well...it's minute tapioca that I buy....I think it's a grain.

I have a bit of a funny story about tapioca....a long time ago....at least 30 years ago....I was visiting my parents back east....one day...they went out somewhere....I was looking for something to do....I found this box of big tapioca....there was a recipe for tapioca pudding on the box....so I made tapioca pudding....when my parents came home & saw the tapioca pudding that I had made.....they laughed....the tapioca was food for the fish!!!!
I didn't know that....I had never seen the big tapioca before.

Just a question....does anyone know what tapioca is made from?

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:27 AM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

SueMarie, rice pudding is grainier and tapioca is like little slimey balls haaaaa!! but it taste real good lol. OP means On Plan.

April HAAAA!!! good story. Nope don't know what tapioca is, but I'll check it out. Have a safe trip to your DS's and enjoy, hope you can share some pictures of you in your beautiful dress. When are you coming home ? (do I sound like your mother lol).

Julie, have a safe trip, we will be praying for you and we can't wait to hear about your progress. Bring home some good stories and we will be here when you get back. HUGS and KISSES !!!