Old 05-09-2004, 08:50 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of May 9th

Hi All,

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the moms!

I have some news to share...I'm pregnant!!! I am 6w3d today. It was an unexpected surprise actually. I guess it's something about the month of April and my body!! I don't think DH is ever coming near me again in April!! I had a feeling I was, but when RR announced her news originally, I was convinced...what a coincidence. I talked to my MWs and they're thrilled, but they don't want to see me until at least 8-10, preferably 10-12 wks. I'm going nuts, because with Peter, my first appt. was at 8 wks., but I was in at 5w5d for spotting. So far no spotting.

Karen, I will check out that link, sounds cool. I tried that Chasm game too, not really understanding it, and got frustrated after about 15 min. because I couldn't get out of the one "room"! I'm really bad with the Litter Maid. It doesn't seem to clump more, but I really need to be good about emptying it every week. Also, it really needs to be completely emptied out and cleaned, have you ever done that?

Seems I gained back the 2 lbs. I lost last week. DH took me to Fuddy's for dinner last night though, so that could've had something to do with it, since I was fairly good the rest of the week. Maybe I'll WI tomorrow AM and see if things evened out.

Jackie, how's your mom doing?

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Happy Mother's Day!!

Wow, something is in the air around here. I better get some stronger protection. Everyone is coming up preggers. Confession: I'm not preggers but I want to be. DH is against it so I'm not gonna be. I'm SO happy for you guys tho. Lauren, could you have a girl please? I would like to buy a frilly dress. Well, more cute than frilly. I'm not into the real frilly stuff.

I hope everyone is having a super great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:19 PM   #3  
LBH

Karen, I'm convinced it's a girl, but DH says he's gonna laugh hysterically when they tell me it's a boy! Hey, TMI, but there was only one chance for this to happen and it was 2 days before I O'd (I O'd a week late!), so according to everything I've read about gender selection, I've got a good chance! (Pretty good for not trying, huh?!) You could always trick him... D'oh...did I really just say that?!
Old 05-10-2004, 02:45 PM   #4  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Congratulations Ladies on your Pregnancies!!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 08:42 PM   #5  

Hi guys,

Lauren: Don't think I didn't think about it. I can't believe that I want another one but I really do. I hope your baby is a girl. I hope your baby is a girl. I hope your baby is a girl. There. Think I said it enough?

How's everyone doing? Hope things are good.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:18 PM   #6  

Good evening all and Happy Mothers Day to all the Mom's! Hope you all had a good day. I got back from my Mom's on Saturday and did nothing on Sunday. Boy was I tired and glad to be home.

1st: Congrats to RR & Lauren. I wish you both a healthy pregnancy. Please keep us posted. And Lauren, I will keep crossing my fingers for a little girl. What a great Mothers Day present!

I am doing okay other than thinking about my Mom. She has lost a lot of blood over the weekend thru her bowels. She did go home last Thursday. My Dad is taking her to the Dr's in the morning so they can check her blood count and try to figure out how much blood she has lost so they can start giving her blood every few weeks. I learned a lot about her condition when I was there and their really is not much they can do for her because her liver condition has progressed. The bleeding is a result of her liver being scarred and the blood not able to flow like it should to the liver and so it backs up into the veins outside the liver and puts extreme pressure on the veins causing them to leak blood. There are some other symptoms she has developed that complicate her getting much better. I just don't have enough time to elaborate on everything. I want her to live a while longer, but honestly don't feel she can last much longer at the rate she is going. I do feel very blessed to have spent last week with her and will never forget the memories we cherished, in case something does happen soon. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

I don't mean to sound negative about her condition, and hope you all don't take it as that. I love her very much and want her to get better, but I also know that in reality, she is very sick and her liver is very damaged. I guess I am trying to prepare myself for the worst, even though you are never prepared.

Anyways, I want to get back on eating good and trying to walk more so that my health does not fall apart. I have been on a watermelon binge lately and boy is it good.

Have a good night all..........
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 08:11 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

Thanks for the congrats!

Jackie, I didn't take it in a negative way. It's good to prepare yourself, and it's good that you know that prolonging her life may not be the best thing for her. ...I really didn't mean for that to sound like a pet that you can put out of it's misery, sorry! I'm still praying for comfort for her and peace for you and your family.

Karen, I think you need to find a way to convince DH!!

Hi Laurie, how are you?

I think Rabbit's out of town again, right? Have a great day all!
Old 05-11-2004, 12:08 PM   #8  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Jack, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom!! I'm still praying for you and your family!!

Not much new here. My family was sick all weekend. My son cried, my daughter whined(sp?) and my husband complained!! It was so much fun!! Well, we leave on Friday for the states so I'm glad everyone was sick before we left. Hope everyone is having a good day!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 04:01 PM   #9  

Just a quick post. My mom is back in the hospital this morning. Her blood is down a pint and a half from last Tuesday. They are aware of how she is losing the blood, but at the same time they are not able to do much of anything, other than to give her more blood. She is very weak. I am just standing by to see what happens.

Thanks for continuing to keep her in your prayers regardless what happens.

Lori: So glad your family is feeling much better and yes it is always good to get the sickness done before any trips. Enjoy your visit to the states

Lauren: I totaly understand what you meant. I feel the same way. Again thanks for your continued prayers for my mom.

If I hear anything else, I will keep you all posted.

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 09:06 AM   #10  

Hi guys,

Jack: I'm so sorry that your mom is back in the hospital. I'll keep praying for both of you. It's never easy to see a loved one in pain. If there's anything else we can do for you, let us know.

Not much going on around here. No luck in getting DH to change his mind. It doesn't help that Alex's molars have decided to come in with a vengence and he has screamed from 5:30 to 6 am the past two mornings. Yikes, he's whinny boy right now so I gotta go.
Old 05-12-2004, 10:56 AM   #11  

Good morning everyone. I'm new here and I hope it's ok I crash.........I'm 29 but figured I would have more in common with this group than the 20-something group.

Jack - I'm so sorry to hear about you mother. I will be thinking about you and you family and praying for your mother's comfort. My mother has been battling breast cancer for the past year so I can relalte to a degree.

Congratulation to our expecting mothers.

I recently decided it was change my life.....which brings me here. I am trying desperately to take off some weight and to just live a healthier lifestyle......keep your fingures crossed because I have no self control....if there is food that's bad for me I can smell it a mile away.

Hope everyone has a day full of laughter
2bThin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 11:31 AM   #12  

Hi 2b,

Welcome to the group. We are a fun bunch o' girls. Just jump right on in. That's not crashing!! We would love to get to know you. What part of Jersey are you in? (You don't have to be specific if you don't want too. I understand internet security!!) There are two of us here from Jersey, we both have 1 yr old little boys. We get together occasionally. Anyhow, WELCOME!!
Old 05-12-2004, 11:56 AM   #13  

I live in Bergen county......but work in Morris county. What about you?
Old 05-12-2004, 01:01 PM   #14  
LBH

Hey 2B!!! I grew up in Bergen County...Wyckoff, and I live in Morris County (East Hanover) now! What a small world! Welcome!

Karen, Ugh, molars in full force and you want another one?!

Jackie, sorry your mom's back in the hospital.
Old 05-12-2004, 01:55 PM   #15  

Very funny. i live in Franklin Lakes!