South Beach Diet - Amount of PB or nuts a day?

View Full Version : Amount of PB or nuts a day?

beachgal
05-07-2004, 10:43 AM
Hi, guys! I now have the original SBD, the cookbook and the good fats, good carbs guide. Between the three, I'm becoming a bit confused!

So, if I have PB today, can I also have a serving of nuts (I'm ont Phase 1)? Two days ago I had PB and celery for one snack and pistachios for another, and now I wonder if that was the right thing to do?

Thanks!

Grace150
05-07-2004, 10:46 AM
From reading the book and checking out web sites. I believe it is one or the other. You either choose to have your 2 TBS PB or the serving in nuts. Of course I am sure you can 1/2 each serving and have both but not FULL servings of both. Hope this helps!

beachgal
05-07-2004, 11:07 AM
That makes sense. Thanks Grace150!

When is Canada Day? Is it like the American Fourth of July? Also...what is Victoria Day? Everything is so mysterious north of the border! :)

Grace150
05-07-2004, 11:10 AM
It is the same day as our 4th of July. Another board I post on is having a challenge so that is what that's all about. BTW congrats on your loss. That is so impressive.

Ruthxxx
05-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Victoria Day is the Monday closest to May 24th. It celebrates Victoria's Birthday.
Canada Day is July 1st - always! We don't have July 4th in Canada - our month just goes 1,2,3,5,6,......:rofl:

beachgal
05-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Wow, I know Victoria was a major queen, but why still celebrate her birthday? I suppose it's a bit like George Washington and Lincoln's birthdays (President's Day). Make sense...just different!

Hey, Ruth, so you guys have to say, "30 days hath September, April, June, July, and November" ? :lol:

beachgal
05-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Thanks, Grace 150!!! It is a great way to start this diet! God must have known that I needed motivation! ;)