Support Groups - Healthy Headstart for Pregnancy Buddies #2

Smiling_wolf
05-06-2004, 06:07 PM
This is an open group of women looking to lose weight in order to have healthy, happy pregnancies later down the road

Anyone and everyone is welcome to join!

My name is Trish, Im 26 years old, and have a beautiful 4 year old daughter as well as a handsome 8 year old stepson. My husband and I were just married this past April 1st and we are getting ready to try and conceive a baby of our own. Currently, since joining 3FCs, Ive lost 7 pounds and hope to continue losing until Im pregnant.

Please introduce yourselves and feel free to join in!

Smiling_wolf
05-06-2004, 09:38 PM
My dinner was soooo good. I wish I could eat it again!!! I had a side salad with a vinagrette dressing (I can't spell that) and black beans mixed in. The beans and the dressing were the most calories, but it was sooo good and although I feel full, I don't feel like I overate!

Anyways, how are you two tonight?

JEO1982
05-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Good morning Trish! I meant to get on here last night, but I went to watch Friends and there was a remembrance thing for an hour then the Friends Finale came on at 9....afterward Tim was on the computer and I just wanted to go to bed....It's finally Friday though!!

Last night I went out with a friend after work and didn't end up getting to the gym...I will go to tonight and tomorrow morning before I babysit Shae...Tim and I get to play parents because my younger sister has to work ;) It should be fun, Shaelyn is such a good baby...Then tomorrow night we should be going out to dinner for my best friend's birthday and Sunday is Mother's Day, so we'll be going to my mom's (Tim's family lives in Alabama so we'll just call his mom)...

What do you have planned for this weekend? Does your DH have something planned for you on Sunday (that you know about)?

Hope you Friday is going well...I feel better just knowing the weekend is upon us! ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Morning, Sunshines :)

Well, food question- is it bad that I'm going to have plain pancakes and 3 strips of bacon for breakfast? I'm just irritated with the Calorie Counter which is simply a cooked chicken breast and cottage cheese- and there is no 'GOOD' food calorie-wise on the whole menu that I'm not utterly sick of. SIGH.

No plans for this weekend except getting my nails filled. I HATE getting my nails done, but love the look, YKWIM?

Well, we made our decision- we ARE going to TTC from here on out... I'm still going to be gung-ho here- even if I get pregnant since I will want to keep a close eye on my weight then. With my first two girls (my eldest is in Heaven), I gained from 60-85 pounds! OMG! Horrendous! Anyways, who knows how long it will take to get pregnant?

I watched Friends... I cried. And cried :( Sigh.

JEO1982
05-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Finally caught up enough to get in here...

I say that your breakfast is fine because you don't eat it everyday and you need to give yourself a treat every now and then, right?

I know what you mean about your nails too...I used to get my nails done until I ripped one off getting my sister's stroller out of my trunk...then I decided to take them off because it really hurt...I guess I'm a big baby :lol:

I'm so happy for you that you are starting to try, as long you don't leave us on here...My mom's doctor told me it's okay to continue doing whatever exercise you were doing before you yet pregnant throughout your pregnancy...so that might help you keep your weight from getting out of control the third time (BTW, I'm soo sorry to hear that you suffered that loss :( ) And you are also right about not knowing how long it will take...could happen right away or could be months from now... I wish you the best of luck though!

I wanted to cry when I watched Friends too...but I didn't because I didn't want Tim to think I was a wimp... It's really sad that it is over though.

Hope Friday is treating you well!

Smiling_wolf
05-07-2004, 05:40 PM
I tried only eating 2 of the pancakes, but I had the third one for lunch. It was sooo yummy- even without butter or syrup! LOL! I've learned I can eat a lot of things without dressing or syrup-stuff. Like I can eat a lot of salads without the dressing because I like the taste of the veggies and meats :)

Anyhoo, wish today would finish up!

Smiling_wolf
05-07-2004, 09:36 PM
THANK GOODNESS IT'S FRIDAY!!!

I left work early today to see the Friends gang on Oprah- and cried some more. Big baby. And then I JUST worked out. I'm trying to convince myself to run to Walmart and get some hair dye- I'm tired of my color. I was a glorious red and then my friend convinced me to go to her hairdresser who made my hair more glorious with these blonde and darker red streaks. Well, I waited about 8 months before going back because of the cost and went right before my wedding- this time, she did it a dull blondish color that I cannot stand. LOL- so I'm thinking of becoming a box redhead again. Don't want to spend the $100 to get my hair colored!

How's your Friday going out there?

JEO1982
05-08-2004, 01:14 PM
My Friday went well... Me and Tim went out with my younger sister and her daughter...went to the movies and then to Bickford's....I don't think I'll ever go there again....the service was terrible :p

This morning I went to the gym as I did last night... I weighed myself and it was down so i asked the girl who workd there to weigh me to see if I did it wrong...It was still down :goodscale I was at 206.2# :dancer: That "Onederland" goal is looking more and more doable :D

Anyways I hope you weekend if off to a good start...I have to get moving because I have my sister's daughter :bb: for the day and she is falling asleep so I am going to go settled her down. :sssh:

Smiling_wolf
05-08-2004, 01:18 PM
Awww- that is such AWESOME news!!! I always step on and off my scale just to double check that it's right!!!!

Today, I'm down a pound, so I'm TWO pounds away from my very first 10 pounds gone :) I'm pretty excited about that. Decided when I reach 155, I'm gonna buy me something purty to wear- sounds fun!

Right now I'm balancing the dumb checkbook. I have to get my nails done this weekend, but I so want to wait- hate spending the cash. And my Mom wants to go see Van Hessling and the movies are always so expensive... LOL

JEO1982
05-08-2004, 01:52 PM
:cheer: Way to go Trish!!!! Pretty clothes always sounds like fun! ;)

Shaelyn woke up already and she's all happy (as usual) so we sent you something cute!

Balancing the checkbook sounds like TONS of fun LMAO....I would get my nails done though if I was you...You saved all that money by doing your hair yourself, right? ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Awww, what a doll face!!! I just made a siggy for Pregnancy.org, a site I host at, with some wedding pics- so I figured I should share with you too!

Smiling_wolf
05-09-2004, 12:10 AM
Well, I worked out today- and for that, I'm proud of myself. I didn't eat 'well' today, but I stayed under my calorie limit- so I'm not going to be too harsh on myself. The weekends are when I ALWAYS want to go out to eat and if we go out to eat, I start with thinking I'll order something healthy, but by the time the server comes- I'm ordering whatever sounds yummy at the moment. So we didn't go out to eat today- and I'm proud of that fact too :)

White_Merlot
05-09-2004, 05:23 AM
Hello all...
I am new to this - again. I am 5'7" and 185 pounds. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant for almost 2 years and the doctors can't find anything wrong with either of us, except that I am overweight. And for me it is secondary infertility - I have a son. He is 4 and a half. When I got pregnant with him I was 135/140 pounds and in GREAT shape.
My goal is to loose 50 pounds to be back at my pre-baby weight. I miss being so physically fit and having a body that could do anything anytime - including concieveing and carrying a baby!
:coffee:
WM

Smiling_wolf
05-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Welcome, WM!!! We're so excited to have you with us!

I'm so sorry that your TTC journey has been so long:(

JEO1982
05-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Welcome WM!!! Glad to have you with us! I hope that you will reach your goal swiftly so you and your DH can have your child(ren) together...It must be tough to have been trying for so long...

BTW - Happy Mother's Day to the two of you!!!

Trish - Good job staying under your calories and for working out!! I'm proud of you!! Yesterday I went over 1400 calories for the first time...I caved and had a strawberry daiquiri at Smokey Bones when I was out for my best friend's birthday....That little bugger had like 500 calories in it! :o It's a goo thing that I had kept my calories really low all day before that....

Well I must get going to see my mom... Hope you all are have wonderful weekends! :D

Smiling_wolf
05-09-2004, 01:31 PM
Hey, you can't always stay within your limits! Sounds like you had a good time and slipping up ONCE in a while isn't going to hurt ya :)

Happy Mother's Day, everyone :)

Smiling_wolf
05-09-2004, 11:33 PM
I can honestly say, I have not ate well today AT ALL. But at least it was my one 'bad' day of the week- Sunday is my off day for exercise too. We went to the Outback and although I had a salad, I also had the fried mushrooms :S And a little bit of everything else on the table too, it seems. Well, it IS a holiday for me and I guess I'm glad I enjoyed it. Now back to your regular diet programming :)

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Oh Trish - I was so bad yesterday....I don't even want to go in and put it all in my fitday....The only exercise I really had was talking my nephew for a walk around the block while carrying his 9 month old sister (who I swear weighs more than him)....and I ate sooo much food....damn cookouts/birthday parties....it's so hard to avoid everything....I was doing pretty good though until the icecream cake was brought out... Then after I had that I was like well today has already gone to **** so who cares and I was nibbling - Gahhhhh...I'm soo bad.... What a time to slip up, with TOM coming and my monthly weigh-in tomorrow morning :mad: Bad, bad, bad Jenn....

I'm glad that you had a good day and let yourself enjoy your meal, after all it was YOUR day and you deserved it....BTW, I never said how cute that picture you sent me was... you all looked so happy!

Hope your Monday is treating you well!

Smiling_wolf
05-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Ugh, I hate Mondays. Hehehehe. Don't worry about your slip-up- just get back on track today and everything will even out. I've noticed if I slip up just ONE day, it doesn't really kill me. It's when I slip up one, then two, then three- ya know- days, because after the first day, I'm like 'Oh well'. But if I just mess up one day and get back on track- then my weight is usually fine.

Goodness, I don't want to go to work.

I work with this constant 'dieter' who has yet to lose a pound and she's utterly demotivating. She is a bigger girl and a chronic liar, though, and it's just frustrating being around her. Oh, the stories I could tell about this woman! Anyhoo, she's a big reason why I'm starting to dislike work again. Usually, I can disregard her lies, but there's a new person at work, so now she's telling ALL of her lies all over again. Blech :P

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 11:42 AM
I hate people like that... They always have an excuse for why they haven't lost anything too, right?

Today, I was supposed to go back to ordering lunch wil everyone, but I brought a yogurt and a piece of cheese instead because of yesterday....I am making sure I am on track today....no downward spiral...I'm just brushing myself off from my fall yesterday and getting right back at it.... ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Ugh- I had a stuffed tomato with cottage cheese for breakfast/lunch and it literally STUFFED me :) Right now, I'm guzzling a ton of water. Can't wait to get out of here!

How's everyone's day going?

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Sssllllooooooowwwwwwwww.......... I'm so tired today and I just can't shake it... I actually slept through the alarm this morning, I NEVER do that...I'm such a light sleeper that Tim's snoring keeps me up and, if the window's open, the birds wake me up.... I must be sleeping even less than I thought I was... :coffee2: Just two more hours and I'm out of here..... :cb:

Smiling_wolf
05-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Hmm- you must be out of there by now. Me, I've got 3 1/2 hours- *cry*

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 05:16 PM
Unfortunately I'm still here... I will be heading home quite shortly though :cb:

You'll make it through though only a couple hours left....you can do it :coffee:

Smiling_wolf
05-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Eh, right now, I'm having the end-of-the-day blahs. Ya know, where ya don't want to workout even though in the end, I probably will.

My Doberman escaped his crate yesterday while we were out to lunch and he munched on my gym shoes. Sigh. So they are missing a corner in the back- heh. They never were very stylish, but now they are even less so!

I had yogurt for lunch today. I can't lie- I don't really LIKE yogurt. I've been trying to convince myself that I like it, but it's just a LIE. LOL.

Well, how's your Monday evening going? Today is Squeak and Kamali's 1st birthday (my older Coatis), so I need to get them a birthday cake on the way home. Can you tell they are my babies?

geekgrrl00
05-11-2004, 12:40 AM
:wave:

Hello Everyone!

I would like to join your group ... I'm not currently tryin' to conceive, but my husband and I would like to start tryin' a year from now. My 1st baby is just turning 1 years old this week, so I'm still tryin' to get back to my 'original' pre-pregancy weight. I have 15 lbs to go. But losing 6-8 lbs is my immediate goal. I swear every one of those lbs is in the ab area :lol:

But I really want to be in the best shape possible before conceiving again. Although my 1st pregnancy was free of complications, I did gain waaaay more weight than necessary.

I really need motivation. I was doing GREAT until 4-5 weeks ago. I was exercising every morning at 5:30 AM (because this is the only guaranteed free time I have). This was working great, I dropped a pant size in 5 weeks, but then I stopped. And it's SOOOOOOOO hard for me to get back into that routine again.

JEO1982
05-11-2004, 09:54 AM
Welcome GeekGrrl! Sounds like you are almost at your goal....I wish I was that close! I don't blame you for not wanting to get up so early, but I would think it is worth it to have some time to spend just for you doing something that is soo good for you... Think of the benefits you are getting from and how you feel recharged every day that you workout in the morning...You know there's no way around it...it is a necessary evil :devil:

Trish - I hope you 'party' for the furbabies went well...and that you resisted the cake ;) Sorry to hear about you sneakers... If I don't have good sneakers I can't workout because I have broken my foot twice and it never healed right either time...so I'd be out of luck if I were you (especially since I just got these sneakers last month and it would be hard to convince myself to get new ones)

I went for my weigh in and measure this morning... I was up in weight from Saturday, but with the party on Sunday and TOM it was kind of expected...everything else was lower though - except my thighs (again :mad: ) I need to try doing the "buns hips & thighs" tape more this month or try doing something else...If I ever want to see a size 12, I am going to need to have thighs that aren't 27" around.....

Smiling_wolf
05-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Hi Geekgrrl- welcome to our little group! I agrew with what Jenn said- think of getting up early as time to work on YOU. We women so often work on everyone else- from the kids, to the hubby, to your pets (if you have them)- that you tend to forget that YOU need time too! So getting up early can be your way of showing yourself that you really love who you are and want to make you an even better person by getting into shape!

Jenn, I did, indeed, try a piece of their cake. But it was DISGUSTING. Heh- I guess it was a Mexican three milk cake? Thought it was a plain vanilla one! Anyways, they demolished it in about .3 seconds and it was a lot of fun to watch! Only problem was- they're lactose intolerant and were farting all night long! ROFLMAO.

Anyways, my goal this week is to get as close to 155 as possible. The first two weeks it seemed I was dropping weight sooo fast, but now it's slowed to a regular pace, I think. I hate the regular pace! Heh :D

Hope everyone is having a GOOD TUESDAY :)

JEO1982
05-11-2004, 11:36 AM
:lol3: I was going to say I'd like to have seen that, but when you said they were passing gas all night, I decided I was glad I wasn't there.... I bet you are glad that you got the wrong cake - I've never even heard of a "mexican 3 milk cake" - that way you weren't tempted to have anymore than your taste!

Sounds like a good goal to me... I want to get back down to 206.5 once TOM is gone...What an awfull time to have to be weighed and measured :p

Smiling_wolf
05-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Heh- I've got pics :) I'll post some later today!

JEO1982
05-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Awesome - I bet they are adorable!!!

Oh BTW my sister's bestfriend had twins yesterday! A girl named Alexandra by vaginal birth, and then a boy named Triston by c-section...I can't wait to see them :D

Smiling_wolf
05-11-2004, 01:27 PM
Here's pics :)

JEO1982
05-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Oh they are adorable!! I don't think Tim would let me have one though ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-11-2004, 06:13 PM
How's everyone's afternoon going? Had a great little Budget Gourmet Lasagna for lunch. Just noodles and cheese, but it was real good. Am chugging water now- ugh :P Want to hit that 155 mark this week!!!

JEO1982
05-11-2004, 06:54 PM
You are sooo close to that mark! I totally think you can do it!!!

My afternoon at work was a little frustrated...I finished typing a letter and before I could save and print...MS Word Processor closed on me :mad: Then I got up, walked away for a sec, came back to my desk and slammed my on the desk - Ouch! Needless to say as soon as I finished retyping that little bugger I was out of there quicker than you could say "BOO!" :lol:

Right now i'm going to lay in the tub for a little while to soak all the bad vibes out :lol3: Hope you are having a good afternoon! :goodvibes

Smiling_wolf
05-11-2004, 07:27 PM
How's your Special K plan going?

Smiling_wolf
05-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Hope everyone's evening is going swell :D I've just finished my workout and I'm going to have white rice and veggies for dinner tonight- yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

JEO1982
05-11-2004, 10:13 PM
I'm not doing breakfast and lunch anymore...I'm done with my 2 weeks :D Now I just have it for breakfast... This weekend I even had a pistachio muffin...it was soooo good - I LOVE pistachio muffins :love:

Good for you going to workout and having a healthy dinner...I workouted at 6AM and thought about doing a tape this afternoon, but it was so hot and I had a bad afternoon at work, so being as tired as I was...I soaked for a little bit and then laid down to wait for Tim...I had chicken tacos for dinner :devil: At least I stayed away from the ice cream in the freezer :lol:

BTW - Tim thinks your coati are cute too! ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Hehehe- thanks :) I'm partial to the boogers too!

Here's a funny story- I told my hubby to make me steamed veggies for dinner and he did. He brought me a plate of like FIVE CUPS of steamed veggies!!! ROFL!

I meant to mention this before, but how exciting about the twins! So much work though!

JEO1982
05-12-2004, 09:15 AM
LOL - Men seem to think that everyone eats at much as they would...At least he tried... Tim is a thin and eat whatever he wants, if he has a sandwich for dinner, he actually has about 3 sandwiches for dinner and when I only make one, he always wants to know what else I'm going to have...I don't think he really understand that I have to watch my portions because I wasn't blessed with his metabolism...

I know she's going to have her hands full with the twin but she won't mind... She's tried so hard to have a baby, they had to do invetro (spelling?)... She only chose to have 2 embreyos inserted in case they didn't take she could try again or as it turned out, if they did take, she didn't want to carry triplets or quads on her tiny frame... I was so happy for her that it worked out because they have had such a rough time with this...even this pregnancy didn't go smoothly and they thought she might lose them...Then the rest of the embreyos died so they were going to start from scratch had they not got pg this time.... I'm just happy that she won't have to go through all of that again....She has the perfect family now, 2 kids, 1 of each :bb: :bb: :cp:

Smiling_wolf
05-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Wow- what an inspiring story!!! I'm sooo happy for her :) It's so great to hear of people who had such a hard time TTC finally being blessed with their beautiful lil ones!

How's your morning going? I'm down a whopping .5 pounds, so now I've got 1.5 to go to get my 'I lost 10 pounds' prize. LOL!

JEO1982
05-12-2004, 01:12 PM
My morning got unexpectedly busy with little things... I thought I was going to get to this ages ago..... But :bravo: on the .5#!!! You are sooo close to getting that prize... I bet you'll be shopping for it this weekend! :D

Smiling_wolf
05-12-2004, 05:43 PM
*Edited out my meanie post.

LOL! I'm getting irritated at work! :(

Smiling_wolf
05-12-2004, 07:22 PM
JC...

Do you think working out before dinner is more effective then working out right after dinner? I tend to workout right after dinner when it's just me and the kids (like tonight), but I work out before dinner when my hubby is home.

JEO1982
05-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Well personally I never workout after dinner because I eat late since Tim is not home until about 8PM... However if he was home earlier I would still workout before dinner since I find it harder to push myself when I'm full and I get cramps from it oftentimes - yuck :p

Hope the rest of your day went better and was less irritating! :^:

Smiling_wolf
05-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Aww, thanks :) I just get tired of sitting around a liar for most of the day. Oh- the stories I could tell! Did I mention this lady tells people her babysitter was going to kidnap her kid? Yeah- interesting, eh?

JEO1982
05-12-2004, 08:32 PM
:lol3: Fortunately for me I don't work with anyone like that...I get wrapped up in the middle of other people's family stuff since the three people in dispatch are related and there's only them, my sister and I and our boss in the office :dizzy: My little sister's ex is a compulsive liar too...I swear sometimes he doesn't know just HOW stupid he makes himself out to be! He was trying to impress my mom one day because she's always taking about how smart I am...He told her he was excepted into "The School of Intelligence" and that was actually the name of it, but of course he couldn't tell us where it was :lol:

Smiling_wolf
05-12-2004, 10:43 PM
Hope your evening is going well! I just finished working out and am BEAT. Heh. Would like to just go to bed, but have to shower, give Portia a bath, feed the critters- blah blah blah. :P

Smiling_wolf
05-13-2004, 10:34 AM
*YAWN*

Morning, lovelies! How is everyone doing today?

JEO1982
05-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Good morning Miss Trish! Lol... Last night went well, went to the gym then stopped by to see the munchkins, and when Tim came home, we went to the Ground Round...I had a small steak and some caesar salad....It was a nice switch...

It is 11am here and I just had my breakfast...I wasn't hungry until now...I think it is because I've had a liter of water and a medium iced coffee already and with all that liquid there was no room for my cereal :lol:

How's your day going so far?

Smiling_wolf
05-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Could this day GO any slower?

And I wanted to have a nice evening with Hubby and some soft Tacos from TB, but... He has to work late :P That sucks soo much. LOL!

One more hour and it is DRAGGING.

JEO1982
05-13-2004, 08:05 PM
The last hour is ALWAYS the worst... It seems like it is as long as the entire rest of the day has taken....

I just got back from the gym, and now I have to take a shower so I can look nice again when Tim gets home.... I wore a skirt to work today :o which btw means that world must be coming to an end.... :lol3:

Smiling_wolf
05-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Woo hoo, hot momma! Yeah, it seems like 2 years have passed since I last posted and I still have NINE MORE MINUTES.

I'm trying to decide what to do for dinner- I'm totally uninspired. I'm thinking maybe a big plate of brocolli with some butter on top. Or soy sauce and brocolli- that's what I had last night- it was yummy. I should eat some meat, but just don't want to cook and don't want to go anywhere since my hubby is working :( Boo hoo- poor me.

I wish I was done working out today. Gotta pick up both kids, walk the dogs, feed everyone, and then I'll get my workout in :P

JEO1982
05-13-2004, 08:43 PM
You should be done like right now...Yea for you, run free :lol:

Earlier I was thinking that I would try making something new, that I'm never tried before, but now I totally don't feel like cooking at all.... Maybe I'll take Tim out somewhere nice since as the song says "momma don't get dressed up for nothin'" :joker: I should make some good use of it...

Sorry that your DH has to work late.... does that happen alot, and do you usually find out after he's at work that he will be there late? Whenever Tim's late(-er than usual that is), it's because someone needed something for that night or first thing in the morning and he stays to make sure it is done....when that happens I usually don't find out until he calls me on his "way home" and it turns out that he is actually still at the office :p I hate that, so I know how you must feel... :(

I hope you think of something good for yourself to have for dinner!

Smiling_wolf
05-14-2004, 10:25 AM
Well... Today's starting off badly. Heh. As you can tell, I have a bad habit of weighing myself daily instead of weekly. For some odd reason, my weight shot up 1.5 pounds! :O I'm sure it's probably just bloating from something or another- but that surely gets me. LOL. I just want to see 155 this weekend and it looks impossible. Waah, waaah, waaaah. Yep, I'm being whiney :)

Well, thank goodness it's Friday!

JEO1982
05-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Have you been drinking a lot of water? If not, up your intake today and over the weekend. Also stay away from salty foods for the weekend.... Did you have soy sauce on your brocoli again last night? That could cause some water retention as soy sauce is high in sodium...I could be any number of things and I wouldn't worry about it, but I would make sure I drank plenty of water all weekend!

Smiling_wolf
05-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the hint! I had the soy sauce on Wednesday, but I've been drinking MORE diet sodas which contain sodium- so perhaps that is it...

JEO1982
05-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Could totally be the diet soda... If you get sick of drinking just water, maybe you could try some of the sodium/calorie free flavored waters...I like to get the Sam's Club Carbonated Flavored waters and Adironack Natural Flavored waters...neither has any sodium or calories and they are good...The Sam's Club ones from Walmart would make a good replacement for soda because they are carbonated ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Hope your evening is going well! I'm utterly in a funk tonight- don't think I'm going to workout either. Just a bit depressed over money- we are constantly saving for different things and it just SUCKS to never get to actually spend anything anymore. When I met my hubby, his credit really SUCKED and he spent a great amount of time trying to fix it- well, it didn't help any because now, his credit is worse then before (because we paid off a few loans this year so now he has no revolving credit). Anyhoo, I'm feeling totally uninspired to do ANYTHING. Sorry :(

Smiling_wolf
05-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Well, my Hubby was just incredibly sweet a little while ago and somehow- he inspired me to actually get off my duff and exercise. I'm so glad I did- it made me feel 80% better. I just hate always having to save, save, save- I'd rather spend, spend, spend :P

How's your evening going?

JEO1982
05-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Sorry to hear that you are feeling depressed, but I'm glad that you exercised anyways and it made you feel better!!

Last night I didn't exercise because I went to a dance type thing with Tim and my parents and my younger sister...They had a hypnotist and I got hypnotized....That was an interesting feeling...I was aware of what I was doing but at the same time it was like I couldn't stop myself...everything is a little hazy like I was drunk or something... :lol:

This morning I went to the gym while Tim tried to score me Tobey Keith tickets....Well I was all excited when I came home because I weighed in at 203.8 this morning!!! Then I get home at find out that not only did Tim get me tickets....HE GOT ME 2ND ROW TICKETS!!!!!!!!!! I am soo excited right now....today has just been sooo awesome already that I can't believe it!!!

I hope that you are feeling better today and that you have the same kind of day as I am :goodvibes

Smiling_wolf
05-15-2004, 01:57 PM
WOO HOO!!! You are doing a WONDERFUL job!!!! Congrats on the weight loss AND your concert tickets!!!

Smiling_wolf
05-15-2004, 08:51 PM
WOOO HOOO. Done exercising for the week! And cleaned the house too :P

JEO1982
05-15-2004, 11:38 PM
Sounds like you had a productive day too!!!

:thanks: for the encouragement!! I was in such a good mood all day!! I went to my mom's to help her move her bedroom upstairs and then Tim and I went out with my sister and her husband and my younger sister and her baby...It was fun but now I'm just exhausted for no reason so I think I'm going to bed a little earlier than usual... Have a great night!

Smiling_wolf
05-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Well, I didn't eat perfectly well today- went to a buffet- but at least I didn't gorge myself, so I'm still proud! I think at the moment, my body is battling the sudden loss of 8 pounds, but I'm NOT giving up. I WILL stick with my program and see 10 pounds gone this week!

JEO1982
05-17-2004, 09:40 AM
I went out to breakfast yesterday morning and I didn't eat the greatest yesterday either....But I made a recipe from this site for dinner and Tim loved it, it was "Taco Pie", it was different, but I liked it.

Right now I can't believe the weekend is over and I am back at work :p I'm sooo tired right now and I have no clue why... maybe it is just the thought of the long week ahead... Half the time I'd be better off taking a nap than coming into work :lol:

Well I should get back to sleep...I mean work ;) :lol3:

Smiling_wolf
05-17-2004, 10:20 AM
Hope your Monday is going beautifully! Mine is starting slow already- I just want to go back to bed :P

JEO1982
05-17-2004, 10:37 AM
That makes two of us! I am really started to think I need to change job because I am just so bored here and it is sooo slow lately.... I would soooo rather be doing something.....

Here's something I though you would enjoy:

Why We Love Children

1. A kindergarten pupil told his teacher he'd found a cat, but it was dead.

"How do you know that the cat was dead?" she asked her pupil.

"Because I pissed in its ear and it didn't move," answered the child innocently.

"You did WHAT ?!?" the teacher exclaimed in surprise.

"You know,"explained the boy, "I leaned over and went 'Pssst!' and it didn't move."

2. A small boy is sent to bed by his father.

Five minutes later....."Da-ad...."

"What?"

"I'm thirsty. Can you bring drink of water?"

"No, You had your chance. Lights out."

Five minutes later: "Da-aaaad....."

"WHAT?" "I'm THIRSTY. Can I have a drink of water??"

"I told you NO! If you ask again, I'll have to spank you!!"

Five minutes later......"Daaaa-aaaad....."

"WHAT!"

"When you come in to spank me, can you bring a drink of water?"

3. An exasperated mother, whose son was always getting into mischief, finally asked him "How do you expect to get into Heaven?"

The boy thought it over and said, "Well, I'll run in and out and in and out and keep slamming the door until St. Peter says, 'For Heaven's sake, Dylan, come in or stay out!'"

4. One summer evening during a violent thunderstorm a mother was tucking her son into bed. She was about to turn off the light when he asked with a tremor in his voice, "Mommy, will you sleep with me tonight?"

The mother smiled and gave him a reassuring hug. "I can't dear," she said. "I have to sleep in Daddy's room."

A long silence was broken at last by his shaky little voice: "The big sissy."

5. It was time, during the Sunday morning service, for the children's sermon. All the children were invited to come forward. One little girl was wearing a particularly pretty dress and, as she sat down, the pastor leaned over and said, "That is a very pretty dress. Is it your Easter Dress?"

The little girl replied, directly into the pastor's clip-on microphone, "Yes, and my Mom says it's a ***** to iron."

6. When I was six months pregnant with my third child, my three year old came into the room when I was just getting ready to get into the shower. She said, "Mommy, you are getting fat!"

I replied, "Yes, honey, remember Mommy has a baby growing in her tummy."

"I know," she replied, but what's growing in your butt?"

7. A little boy was doing his math homework. He said to himself, "Two plus five, that son of a ***** is seven. Three plus six, that son of a ***** is nine...."

His mother heard what he was saying and gasped, "What are you doing?"

The little boy answered, "I'm doing my math homework, Mom."

"And this is how your teacher taught you to do it?" the mother asked.
"Yes," he answered.

Infuriated, the mother asked the teacher the next day, "What are you teaching my son in math?"

The teacher replied, "Right now, we are learning addition."

The mother asked, "And are you teaching them to say two plus two, that son of a ***** is four?"

After the teacher stopped laughing, she answered, "What I taught them was, two plus two, THE SUM OF WHICH, is four."

8. One day the first grade teacher was reading the story of Chicken Little to her class. She came to the part of the story where Chicken Little tried to warn the farmer. She read, "... and so Chicken Little went up to the farmer and said, "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

The teacher paused then asked the class, "And what do you think that farmer said?" One little girl raised her hand and said, "I think he said: 'Holy ****! A talking chicken!'"

The teacher was unable to teach for the next 10 minutes.

9. A certain little girl, when asked her name, would reply, "I'm Mr. Sugarbrown's daughter."

Her mother told her this was wrong, she must say, "I'm Jane Sugarbrown."

The Vicar spoke to her in Sunday School, and said, "Aren't you Mr. Sugarbrown's daughter?"

She replied, "I thought I was, but mother says I'm not."

10. A little girl asked her mother, "Can I go outside and play with the boys?"

Her mother replied, "No, you can't play with the boys, they're too rough."

The little girl thought about it for a few moments and asked, "If I can find a smooth one, can I play with him?"

11. A little girl goes to the barber shop with her father. She stands next to the barber chair, while her dad gets his hair cut, eating a snack cake.

The barber says to her, "Sweetheart, you're gonna get hair on your Twinkie."
She says, "Yes, I know, and I'm gonna get boobs too."

Smiling_wolf
05-17-2004, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the jokes! Wow, Mondays are DULL. Ate real well today- still have dinner to go and over 1000 calories left of the day :)

JEO1982
05-17-2004, 07:10 PM
Awesome!! 1000 calories left for dinner...I think that means you got plenty to have some dessert ;)

I just got back from the gym and had to have a snack... I was at 371 calories for the day so far and I felt like I was going to pass out after my workout... so now I'm at 471 not bad, I can still have a good dinner when Tim gets home....I miss him so much today...do you ever have a day like that? I saw him this morning before I left but I still miss him alot right now... maybe I'm just weird... :^:

zookeeper
05-17-2004, 07:45 PM
Hi girls!

The vacation was okay. The weather was amazing, and Colorado is just gorgeous, but there was a lot of family bickering going on. I only gained 1/2 lb the whole week, though. Considering what I ate that's not bad at all.

Sounds like you are doing great! I walked this AM, and probably won't get in a chance for anything else. I'll be at the hospital for a while.

It's hard to get back on plan after a week of not worrying about it, but I'm sure once a few days pass it'll be better.

Have a great evening!!

JEO1982
05-17-2004, 09:14 PM
Nice to see you back with us!!! Sorry about the family bickering but at least you had a good time for the most part.... and terrific job with only gaining 1/2 a pound! You should pat yourself on the back as I've read where people gained 5+ pounds on vacation... I hope I can follow your lead when I go on vacation in July!

Smiling_wolf
05-17-2004, 09:59 PM
Welcome back :D Sounds like you had a good vacation- what's a holiday without some family bickering? ;) I think you did great only gaining .5 pounds- you'll shed that quickly now that you're back on track!

I just worked out for the evening. Ugh. LOL. Had Chinese food for dinner- Panda Express- but halved my meal which was chow mein noodles, chicken and mushrooms, and fresh veggies. So tomorrow, I'll have the other half for lunch :) Feeling pretty good about that- this week, I'm determined to see 155!

JEO1982
05-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Chicken chow mein sounds sooo yummy right now.... and I just got back from dinner not too long ago :lol: Good for you for saving half for tomorrow's lunch! I beat you did great on your calories for the day by doing that ;)

Smiling_wolf
05-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Morning ladies! How's our Tuesday going? I'm a deadbeat at the moment- it's 6:02 AM and I don't want to get up and get going at ALL :S

JEO1982
05-18-2004, 11:28 AM
My Tuesday is going....I felt the same way this morning.... I did NOT want to get up and go to work... But regardless here I am at work and not believing it is only 10:30...It seems like I've been here for ages!

Smiling_wolf
05-18-2004, 01:52 PM
What's for lunch, ladies? Mine is left over Chinese food- it's not a lot, but it sure will be delicious :)

JEO1982
05-18-2004, 02:29 PM
My lunch was Strawberry Cheesecake Fat-Free yogurt and fresh strawberries... Yummm.... and less than 200 calories.... Maybe a should get regular yogurt so it has more substance to it :lol:

leigh83
05-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Hello Everyone!

I am at 294 and I want to lose enough weight so I can have a much healthier pregnancy than last time! I weighed 323 the day my son was born and I am NOT doing that again! I'd like to get down to at least 200 by January 2005 so I am in this for the long haul! Any support would be great and I will do my share of giving support back! :)

Thanks!
Leigh

JEO1982
05-18-2004, 05:27 PM
Welcome Leigh!

So glad you took my advice and joined us! Our group is small, but friendly and always here for support!

I'm on my way out of work now, but I'll check back in later on, after the gym!

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Smiling_wolf
05-18-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi Leigh :)

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

leigh83
05-18-2004, 07:07 PM
Thanks Jenn and Trish!! :)

Smiling_wolf
05-18-2004, 10:44 PM
You are more then welcome! It's always nice to see a new face :D

Well, I just worked out for tonight and am pooped. Dinner is pretty much shot because I was tempted by cookies- BLECH. Wish I had remained strong!

zookeeper
05-19-2004, 09:42 AM
Welcome Leigh!

I (obviously) don't have computer access at work, so I am not able to keep up as well as you all, but not because I don't care! I just have a slow connection at home, and have to have a chunk of time set aside if I want to get online.

I love chinese food, too! I try to get a veggie / chicken dish, and have them make it spicy so I don't guzzle it all down. Sometimes I succeed in saving half for later. Of course I'm hungry an hour after I eat, but it's just so good! It's depressing to pull out the leftovers and see all the congealed oil, though. Can they just make a lower-fat sauce, do you think??

I was good all day yesterday, then we ordered pizza for dinner because my dad came up to visit and it was too hot to cook. The pizza was amazing (from a local Italian restaurant) but I'm sure I used up every last calorie I had alotted (and probably went over). Oh well. Today is a new day.

Jenn - I love the fruit-on-the-bottom yogurt, and the only kind like that is not Lite, but I usually won't eat the pre-mixed kind. I just get what I like, since I know I'll actually eat it and enjoy it. Yogurt is so good for us, anyway.

Well, Aunt Flo is smacking me with a vengance this morning. It's such a sad feeling every month, like being told, "nope, didn't work, try again" over and over and over. For heavens sake, I've waited so long, and now that I'm ready things just aren't happening. I know I need to just relax and not worry about it so much, but that is MUCH easier said than done! Sorry to whine..

Jess

JEO1982
05-19-2004, 09:56 AM
Good morning ladies! How is everyone's Wednesday starting out? We are half way to the weekend! woohoo ;)

Last night I went to the gym and stayed there after my workout for like 1.5 hours talking to the girl who works there. She is awesome! I can't believe I was there that long talking to her...I want to work at the gym! It would be sooo me ;)

Well it is time to convince my sister to go out for coffee :coffee:

Smiling_wolf
05-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

Ahhh, Jess- AF is a witch. It's true, you know it and I know it. AF is just plain evil! Don't worry about the pizza last night- like you said, today is another day!

As far as Chinese food goes, if Pick Up Stix was closer to us- I'd probably eat from there instead of Panda Express. Pick Up Stix uses really fresh ingredients and less grease- but they are in the town next door- I'm in Vegas, they are a few blocks over in Henderson :P

How's your day going out there, Leigh?

Yeah, Jenn- I'm glad it's Wednesday. Our workplace is soooo boring right now because we don't have a maildrop out (we sell herbal supplements of all things- but the money and the bonus at the end of the year is decent).

Well, I'm just irritated at this last pound and a half to my 10 pound mark. It's sooo damn stubborn and I quickly lose my willpower to resist junk when I think, "Ah, well, I'm going to be 156.5 tomorrow anyways". MUST RESIST~!

JEO1982
05-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Jess- Don't you just wish you could strangle Aunt Flow and lock her in a closet? Especially when she comes bearring gifts in the form of cramps and back pain :p She is just awful! Hope she isn't too bad to you this month! BTW, I love Fruit-on-bottom yogurt but it doesn't come in fat-free so I settled for the other kind.

Trish- I know how you feel about work being boring... Printers are slowing down so we haven't been getting too many calls for pickups and my boss has been away a lot so he hasn't given me too much to do either.... I feel like I'm wasting my time being at work :lol: You CAN resist the cookies! You must! I want you to see 155 this weekend! You can do it! :cheer:

Leigh- Hope your day is going well!

BTW, ladies, I forgot to tell y'all that I saw 202.5 on the scale at the gym yesterday afternoon! I was quite pleased! Of course nothing is really official until Saturday morning, but I couldn't resist changing my signature :D

Smiling_wolf
05-19-2004, 12:13 PM
OMG! 2.5 pounds until ONEderful :) You are doing great!!!

zookeeper
05-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Yay Jen on your stick-to-it attitude and your loss!! :bravo:

I finally caved and took some Aleve for the hellacious cramps. I was thinking this morning that "The Crimson Tide" would really be a good name for AF, but it's not too flattering to the college that already has that nickname.

My husband works and won't be home until almost 8pm, so I can eat something healthy before he gets home (he is skinny and can eat anything he wants) and I'm tempted.

I didn't exercise today because of feeling like crapola, but I will try to get in some vigorous cleaning later. I'm at the hospital now, and will have to be back later, too, so who knows when I'll have time to do what! :dizzy:

I'm going to wait until Friday to weigh in again. Maybe I was retaining water and maybe it'll be lower then!

Jess

Smiling_wolf
05-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Oh, retaining water is definitely a bummer! My Hubby is working tonight too- so I'm going to try to eat something small tonight. Maybe steamed veggies and rice again. Who knows?

Hope you're feeling better!

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 12:05 AM
What a tiring day! I left work at 12:15 and went to my psychologist appointment, tons of fun :p Then it was back home to gather up my laundry, and off to the laundrymat.... While my clothes were in the dryer, I went to Curves for my work out, then folding the clothes and bringing them home...Next it was time for getting ready for the pool and picking up my sister...we went to an hour long water aerobics class, what a workout that woman made the class! She is now the Water Aerobic **** :lol3: JK! I loved it! BUt now I am pooped so it is time for bed!

Goodnight ladies! Thanks so much for the encouragement and support!

Smiling_wolf
05-20-2004, 12:25 AM
Tonight did not go according to plan. Remember, I was going to have steamed veggies?

Well... I forgot it was my DAD's birthday. So I had to go over to a friend's house (she had my reception there- I love this lady!) and have dinner, which was pizza, and then cake. At least I only had cake and only one piece (everyone else had one piece of each kind of cake- there was 4 cakes!)- but my one piece was large and I had more then 3 pieces of pizza *shameful*.

Ah, tomorrow is another day... And I'm skipping working out tonight- bad, bad, bad. But I'm exhausted. I actually left work 2 hours early because I felt sick and tried to lie down, but then my Mom called me about my Dad's birthday and I knew I'd have to go out there- to be a good daughter and show my love and all.

*YAWN*

I'm bumping this to a new thread, ladies. See ya there!