Old 05-06-2004, 08:21 AM   #1  
Total Sass Bucket

Default Thursday Chat - May 6

I just freaked out when I looked at the calendar for the date thinking that YESTERDAY was my little sister's birthday... ugh.
Shimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:27 AM   #2  
Total Sass Bucket

Ok, now that I've calmed down. Hi everyone!

I am having the WORST morning. My sister's cat has struck again and peed on my bed. Which means that, not only do I have to do all my laundry and pack for my vacation tonight, I need to wash and dry my bedding and throw out my foam mattress, and try to get everything "back to normal" before my BF shows up. Plus, I need to shave my legs in the worst way. I could have kicked that little snot of a cat.... not that I did. It just makes me so mad because he's so picky about the litterbox. My sister doesn't lift a finger around the apartment, she's a HUGE slob. She won't even put dirty dishes in an empty dishwasher or pick up her clothes from the bathroom floor. It's disgusting. So, when I was taking my CNA class and was never home, things got really trashed at the apartment. Well, I finally managed to dig the apartment out of the gutter and then my back has been so bad lately that I have only been doing the minimal amount of stuff. Well, I figured it was her turn to empty the litter box... guess I was wrong. Ugh, and I' m so darned mad because last night i started cleaning and she went into her room and shut the door! Ugh. I'm just fuming today. She thinks it is FUNNY when he pees on my bed. I need to cool down or I'm going to end up saying a LOT of things to her that I'll regret later.

Other than that... my back was fine until I went to the chiropractor last night. Ugh. Now that same spot hurts me again. I should have just cancelled my appointment. I was telling my sister that my back hurts worse after I went than before and she was like "well YEAH, duh"... I wasn't aware that they were supposed to hurt you.

Ok, I'm gonna stop ranting.
Goober Rhinobuns signing off until I'm in a better mood.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:27 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Shimma: Yup, that'd freak anyone out! I take it you haven't missed it!?

I'm feeling in a blah mood. Not awake-yet not tired. Disgusted w/myself cuz I haven't done a lick of exercise this week. I've stayed OP but nothing's happening (I'm sure due to lack of exercise). I told my boss (the nice one not the witch) about my frustrations while trying on jeans the other day. She asked if I was sure I was in the misses and not the Junior section Don't think that store differentiates so I could have been trying on Junior clothes instead of misses. ARGH. Have I mentioned lately how sick I am of DH being on 3rd shift? The "2 weeks" has turned into 3 months! I feel in the mood to slap someone
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:30 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Shimma- my back usually aches yet after going to the chiro, it takes a couple days to get it "relaxed" after. As for the cat peeing on your bed--tell the slobby sis if it does that again the cat's going to the pound. That YOU don't have time to clean up after HER cat OR her. Do you just dump her stuff in her room when cleaning? Like the dirty clothes??
Old 05-06-2004, 08:31 AM   #5  
Total Sass Bucket

Brenda: We should get together and have a pissy party. We both seem to be in the same mood this morning.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:31 AM   #6  
Total Sass Bucket

Yes I do dump stuff in her room. I think it makes her mad. Which kinda makes me giggle. Does this make me a bad person?
Old 05-06-2004, 08:33 AM   #7  

Know that feeling Rhonda. I forget everything lately. Wait till you get older!

Well..........drum roll please!
Guess who ate a vegetable last night and actually liked it? Yup that's right, it was me!

My husband was out and I was making myself a burger on the grill and was going to make a salad but instead I took out some fresh broccoli that I had bought. I blanched it and made a cheese sauce with just cream and shredded cheese. Poured that over it and YUM! I actually ate all the broccoli...almost a 1/2 cup. I know this may sound strange to be so excited over this but I have NEVER like nor eaten a veggie!!!!!! But for some reason lately I have actually been craving them.
I am just happy that I like it......so much so that tonight I am going to make Chicken Broccoli and Ziti and I will just have the chicken and broccoli....hubby can have the ziti!

Decided against the no nylons and sandals for Saturday. Couldn't find any that I really liked for the dress and seemed silly to buy a pair of shoes for just this one day. So I bought my black nylons and will wear my black satin pumps and call it a day. Will probably be more comfortable anyway.

Well, I for some reason am not feeling quite right this morning....most have been the broccoli I didn't have any more wine than I usually do My head is kind of swimmy though.....maybe it's my allergies. I will take some aspirin and hope it all goes away. Have a lunch date with some friends at work.

Be back later.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 08:38 AM   #8  
Baby Steps

Yup Shimma-we seem to be on the same wavelength. Which could be a bad thing. lol
And nope, doesn't make you a bad person to do that. Makes HER a bad person for expecting YOU to do it all.

Jane: congrats on liking veggies
Old 05-06-2004, 08:43 AM   #9  

Geez, that is what I get for writing a novel!

Shimma: I would definitely keep dumpin the stuff back in her room! And maybe keep your bedroom door closed so that the cat doesn't get in.

Brenda: Grumpy again! I know how you feel about the exercise. I discovered the other day that I am taking in the same amount of calories that I am burning and so that means that I would either have to cut down on the calories or bump up the exercise . I hate exercise! But I do it
Old 05-06-2004, 08:47 AM   #10  
Total Sass Bucket

Yeah, I'll have to start doing that, the only problem is that it sort of punishes my cat, who is the best cat in the whole wide world and who was mortified this morning that Joey had peed on the bed. He kept trying to bury it once he found it. Bad thing is... he kept looking at me as if I was the one who peed on the bed!

Jane: Did your boss say anything about the misplaced IM??????
Old 05-06-2004, 08:49 AM   #11  

She didn't really say much.....I hope she forgets today. Good thing she is not in this state!

OK........now I am mad I just logged my dinner from last night into FitDay and I took in over 2000 calories yesterday! My carb count was only 19. I know that Atkins says not to worry about the calories but that kind of freaked me out.

What do you all think? Remember I am not losing very fast here so I must be doing something wrong.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:02 AM   #12  
Movin' and Losin'

Good morning, grumpy Atkins ladies!

Shimma: ARGH! I don't blame you for being mad. That sounds like a miserable living situation. And, cats peeing on beds is definitely NOT acceptable!

Brenda: I have that same "blah" feeling -- I think mine's due to tiredness, TOM and not wanting to work.

I have been OP for a few days now and exercising, so I feel great in that area. Thank goodness my unmotivated feeling passed because I still need to lose 30 pounds! But, I realized my water drinking is almost non-existent. I love water! I usually drink it constantly, but I made the mistake of buying Diet Sunkist, and I can't tear myself away from it. It is the tastiest stuff! But, it's about gone, so hopefully I can regain control of myself again.

I think I am going to visit Curves and see what they're all about. I've thought about it for a long time. I always said I was going to do it, but I just never did. I just don't do strength-training on my own. I need some way to force myself to do it. I figure if I pay for a membership, I'll feel like I have to go. Maybe I'll look at some other gyms around the area, too.

Is anyone watching the final episode of "Friends" tonight? Everyone sure is making a huge deal out of it.

I hope you all have a great Thursday.

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 09:04 AM   #13  

Jina: I am taking care of my "roots" tonight but then I will be glued to the tv. I have watched that show since the very first one. Hope this episode is good.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:06 AM   #14  
Movin' and Losin'

Jane: Congrats on your veggie discovery! I'm starting to worry about my calories, too. They just seem awfully high some days.

I've watched it for awhile, too. My mom wouldn't let me watch it in high school because she didn't think it was appropriate, but ever since then, I've been watching. I'm just afraid tonight's episode is going to be more sad than funny.
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Morning!

Shimma, what a pleasant surprise from the cat. I like the idea of just dumping everything in your sister's room... a 'not quite so subtle' hint!

I'm sure everything will start looking up, Brenda - do you think your DH will have to stay on the 3rd shift for much longer? 3 months seems like such a long time for those hours.

Jane - I read about your 'boss blooper' yesterday, and I had to chuckle. That's like an employee's worst nightmare coming true nearly! Hopefully your boss took it in good humour!

Jina - I'll be watching Friends tonight too! I'm only a very casual fan, it's one of those shows that you can just sit down and randomly enjoy and you don't have to really follow it much for it to make sense or be funny. And in light of current happenings in hockey, I've decided that a Lightning-Flames pairing in the finals would be neat, what do you think? Even the team names seem to kind of have a similar theme.

And, hoo boy, gas prices skyrocketed here over the last couple days! My gas is 95 cents/litre...unfortunately I don't know what that is in American terms, but all you need to know is that it's *really* expensive, and it jumped 10cents in ONE DAY!! Yikes. I nearly died at the gas station when I noticed.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote