Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 07:04 PM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile *Christian Encouragers #184*

* WELCOME! *
You've found a great place to come and vent, share or ask for prayer support This is a great group who will be
very encouraging, caring and loving...
anyone is welcome to join!

Old 05-05-2004, 07:17 PM   #2  

Smile

Hi Everyone ~
Just thought it was time to begin a new thread... I sure do hope that we don't lose people because they cannot find us with the new threads

I went and checked #182 when I saw AGGIE's name... thought she may have posted there by mistake and wanted to make sure you all got her post. Please go back to #183 if you missed it, okay Here's the link to make it easier for you all to get back and fourth

Link to # 183:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...717#post576717

Old 05-06-2004, 07:27 AM   #3  

Smile National Day of Prayer

NATIONAL DAY of PRAYER

2 Chronicles 30:27
Their voice was heard; and their prayer came up to
His holy dwelling place, to heaven.

*~*~*

God hears us when we call to Him,
He does not miss one voice;
The knowledge that He always hears
Should cause us to rejoice.

*~*~*

You'll never get a busy signal on the prayer line to heaven

*~*~*

Here is a prayer I found years ago that was rec'd and shared
in Aug. 1985 and I have kept it in the front of my bible to pray
each day... I would love to share it with you all on this special
Day of Prayer:

A Servant's Prayer

Jesus, MY Jesus... How marvelous your ways...
Far more splendid than my mind can envision. What an
honor to be chosen by you. A lowly child I am, but empowered
by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the great hope to which you have
called me. I give myself totally to you, Lord. Take my imperfect
heart and make it perfect. Peel away the hardness. Close the doors
I have opened to the temptations of this world. Gently remove the
roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears. Discard anything
that separates me from you. Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of
your love that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love...
To serve as you serve...
To heal as you heal...
To forgive as you forgive...
always mindful of my nothingness while doing
great and marvelous things in you name and for
you glory. This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name. Amen

*~*~*

*May the Lord Bless your Day today*
SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 05-06-2004, 08:01 AM   #4  
Southern Belle

Thumbs up Thursday morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!!

Well, here I am trying to wake up with my . I didn't want to get up this morning, I was sleeping so good when the alarm went off. I apologize for my long whiney post yesterday!!! I will try to be better.

My oldest DD left last night for Panama City Beach, FL. So, I'm glad for her but kinda sad for me. I already miss her. She will have the time of her life, I know that. Little DD cried last night due to her Sissy leaving. We may just take off and go the lake this weekend. I always rest much more if we go, and that is the agenda my DH has for me. He is taking such good care of me.

~Sunny~
Thanks for starting the new thread, the other one was a bit long. Maybe we won't lose anyone by changing threads. After this one gets going the others will sink down and eventually be out of site.

~EVERYONE ~
Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement through this rough time in my life. I am dealing much better thanks to YOU!!!!!!
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT Thursday!!!!! Remember MOM this Sunday!!!!

Old 05-06-2004, 11:00 AM   #5  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

I was sure I posted on this new thread last night? Oh well, i'll have to post later. Have a great day!
Old 05-06-2004, 01:56 PM   #6  

Hi
This thread is so beautiful. Not just because of of Living our lives for Christ our savior but also beacue of the beautiful prayers and pictures. Where do you find these pictures and prayers and how do you post them on here.
Oh let me introduce myself. I am Ann. I am 140 lbs overweight and I need all the christan support I can get and prayers. I haven't been to church in 3 months. I need all of you to pray for me and my family that we will get back in church. I feel so empty without the Lord in my heart and life.
My God bless you all
Ann
Old 05-06-2004, 02:24 PM   #7  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Ann~Welcome! You are so welcome to join us and you and your family will be in prayer. I will pray that God helps you find your way. But don't feel empty. Remember that the Lord is always there for you. Just turn to him, at any time. He's waiting for you.

Re: the graphics, Sunny and Sherry are the experts, i'm not sure i could explain it, but they've helped me a lot.

I am struggling with food and exercise right now. Just can't seem to do everything at once. I do a few things well and then it goes is so hard to keep up. Sorry to whine.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:52 PM   #8  

Smile

ANN ~
I know that you will find plenty of Love and Support along
with as many *Prayers* needed to get you through a day here.
You have my *Prayers* that you and your family will
locate and go to a church that will feed you soon. Just as a plant
needs water, light and food to be survive and thrive, so do we need
to Drink in His endless Love, receive the Light of His Grace and
be nourished by the Food of His Word...

I will send you a Private Message with the directions
to do the images we use, okay.

Hope to see you again soon...

Hi SHERRY ~
I already had to go back and grab AGGIE's post from thread #182 - that's why I said that I hope we don't lose anyone... because there are only a few threads in this forum it can easily happen.

You didn't complain too much... that what we are here for It's just that now that the sun is finally shinning here --- I have been taking advantage of it & haven't posted as much It feels wonderful to have my home OPEN and the warm breeze coming in - awesome feeling!

I hope that you do go somewhere and rest this weekend - you really sound like you could use it. You may feel so much better! Stress makes such a mess of our bodies and minds... go away and give it up to God
*Prayers* for your health, Sherry. (((Hugs)))

Hi MICHELE ~
Maybe you posted on the last thread? How are you doing today? You mentioned that you didn't do so well on your program even though you are feeling good. It's great to hear you feeling so well.

I am so very sorry that things haven't worked out with Charlie as you hoped - I don't know what to say...

Hope your day is going well

Later...
SunnyD

Old 05-06-2004, 03:09 PM   #9  

Red face

MICHELE ~
I am so sorry you aren't doing very well today... I didn't see
your post till after I had posted. Feel better soon...

{{{Big Hugs for you}}}

Old 05-06-2004, 09:53 PM   #10  
Southern Belle

Smile Thursday evening

Hello CEers!!!!

After a long day, I'm getting ready to go to bed. Just thought I would take a minute and drop in and see how everyone is doing. Talked with DD earlier and they got to Florida ok. She had already been in the ocean and was talking to me while on her balcony over looking the ocean. UMMMM!!! Doesn't THAT sound relaxing. It took them 17 hours to get to Florida!!! Kelli said she was really tired since they didn't sleep much on the trip there. I didn't expect them to.

~Michele~
Hope this finds you feeling much better tonight. Keep your head up and listen to God and soon you will be back with the program on your eating and exercise.

~ANN~ This is a wonderful bunch of folks that are full of encouragement and support. Glad to have you, hope you will stick around. I will be praying that you will find a wonderful church home and be ever so happy.

~Sunny~
I just love to be able to get outside and paw around in the dirt and work with my flowers. That is one of my loves. I don't know whether we will get to go the lake or not. I was so looking forward to it but my DH's uncle isn't doing well and he is kinda scared about getting out of pocket so to speak. Our cell phones don't pickup very well at the lake and they might not be able to reach us if they need us.
~EVERYONE ELSE~
Hello, missing you, post when you can.

Nighters to everyone!!!! Sweet dreams!!!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 10:21 PM   #11  

Hello I pray on this day that the Lord finds you and brings you comfort. I am struggling today I broke down at work today when I had to go through the proper steps to term one of the team members who had died. He was so well liked and this is my 4th death in 6 weeks. I have had a pretty stressful week on top of that. My poor body doesn't like this work out stuff and it is rebelling!!!!!!!! I keep having BAD leg cramps and it leaves big knots in my lower calfs. I have been eating bananas but it isn't helping. I have come so far and don't want to stop doing workouts and have steped down to light stuff do any of you have any advice? I also have been struggling to sleep. And my Ibs is at an all time bad. I go back to my speicalist next Wens but I not sure I will make it until then.

Sunny-Thank you for that prayer. I need to start spending more time in the word that is another goal for this year.
Ann-A big welcome to you. I don't know what I would do without my friends here. God has used this group to help me so much like today when I felt stressed I came here and read Sunny's post and it really blessed me. Looking fordward to getting to know you.
Wilma-Hang in there. A few days of treats is hard to get away from but just hop back on the wagon and lets not loss what we have worked so hard for.
Mitchy-You are sounding better. I can't wait until you start posting some pic from your camera.
Ez-It is that time of year again. All those sports. Don't forget us. We miss you when you have been gone to long.
Sherry-Don't give up. Look at what I have been though. If you are not happy with your Dr. You do not have to go back to that one. I will never forget when I first started feeling bad and went to this one Dr. She scared me and did surgery because she thought I had cancer. When she didn't find cancer she said it wasn't female problems and sent me to all these other drs of some tough tests they all cleared and all the other Dr agreed it was my female parts so back I went to her and I kid you not she took me back to an office did NOT examine me or anything and screamed at me and told that she told me it was not my female parts causing me pain. I got up and was so upset. I refused to go back and months later when I was so bad off my family Dr. made me see someone else and guess what I had a kind of rare thing and this dr found it right away. After my surgery I have been so much better. I have often though about writing to the other Dr and thank her for doing a louzy job and great bed side manner! I have a big (((((hug ))))) for you and you know you can always come here we are here for you.
Angel lover-How did things work out for your son? You are still in my prayers

And I am sorry I know I am missing some but I can't think right tonight so forgive me for missing you.
Old 05-07-2004, 07:43 AM   #12  
Southern Belle

Default A Little Something for Thought

So You Think You're a Choc-o-holic

Genesis 1:31 And God saw all that He had made, and lo, it was very good.
In one of the largest chocolate cravings of all time, Martin Keys' sweet tooth got him in some real hot water. He is currently on trial in Europe for plotting to steal 1.5 million Mars bars. When numbers get that high it is often hard to realize just how many 1.5 million might be. Consider if you will, that this is equivalent to eight truck loads of Mars bars.

Moderation is a good thing. In fact, the things that God placed on this earth, as the above verse says, are good, and they are here for our use and benefit. However, all these good things, when used to excess or improperly, cease to be good and can do us harm. Chocolate is, unless you have an allergy to it, a good and enjoyable sweet for most people. But, 1.5 million Mars bars is good for no one. 15 bars is even excessive. But a Mars bar, from time to time, can be appreciated and savored. This is true with anything.

This is also true with exercise. Exercise is good for us. But exercise is only good for us when done in moderation. We all know what it is like to "overdue" it. Jogging two miles three days a week is a good thing for someone who exercises regularly, but that same person would be foolish to decide to run a marathon. So while exercise is good for us, over exercising is not.

This is true in every area of our lives. Reading, talking on the phone, brushing our teeth, watching TV, eating, working, use of the internet, sleeping, drinking, and every thing else we do are all good when used in moderation or appropriately. But all these can be harmful to us when used or enjoyed to excess. All these good things can be abused.

So what area of your life is in need of a moderating influence? What qualifies as your 1.5 million Mars bars? Where are your struggles with excess? You may be the only one who knows, and you may believe that, but really your heavenly Father also knows and He cares for you as a father tenderly cares for his child. Cast your cares upon Him and trust Him for the strength to use all these good things that God has given you wisely and temperately. In doing so, you will find these precious good things that God has given to you will become again a joy to you.

"There is a form of self-control that says, 'yes' to what we should do as well as that which says 'no' to what we shouldn't do." --Jerry Bridges

A devotional found at http://www.cfdevotionals.org/devpg98/de981109.htm
Old 05-07-2004, 08:07 AM   #13  
Southern Belle

Default TGIF morning

Good Morning CEers!!!!

Hope this finds EVERYONE feeling better and with renewed energy this morning!!! We all do have SO much to be THANKFUL for!!! I hope the devotional I submitted will be an inspiration to us all. I thought it was presented cute. I don't think any of us could eat EIGHT truckloads of Mars bars!!!!! But moderation and self-control is the secret to EVERYTHING.

~Sami~
So good to hear from you!!! I'm so sorry things are going so crazy for you at this time. You poor thing with those leg cramps!!! There are many things that might help. You may not be low on potassium (bananas) but instead on calcium, sodium or magnesium,etc..
Water intoxication and hyponatremia (low concentration of sodium (salt) in the blood) can cause cramps. The RDA for magnesium is 350 mg/day. Average intake in the USA is between 143 and 266 mg/day. 500-1000 mg/day would be good for most bodybuilders as they have an increased need for this mineral. Hard training seems to deplete the body of this mineral as well as other minerals.
Beans, nuts, seeds and dark chocolate are rich sources of magnesium. Some low sodium salts are enriched with magnesium.
A special form of niacin (vitamin B3) called inositol hexanicotinate is supposed to help treat chronic calf cramping and Raynaud's disease. Start with 500 mg 3 times a day and work up to 1 g 3 times a day after 2 weeks.
Pyridoxine, vitamin B6, is also supposed to reduce leg cramps.
Many persons recommend calcium (sometimes in the form of dolomite), potassium (bananas), anti-oxidants (like pycnogenols, grape-fruit seed extract) and to avoid dehydration (drink plenty of water).
Peppermint has a weak action but can anyhow lessen cramps.
Doctors often prescribe quinine.

Well, gotta hit the shower. Hope EVERYONE has a GREAT FRIDAY and a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!!

Old 05-07-2004, 08:50 AM   #14  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning

I think I'm finally back on track. After missing a couple of workouts I'm back at Curves. It felt so good to be able to work out again. Now, I don't know why I didn't go.

Tonight we are going out for dinner to celebrate DS's 20th birthday. No more teenagers in the house. Our other Ds's girlfriend's birthday was yesterday so we'll celebrate them together. I made my special ice cream cake for DS. He requests it every year.

Tomorrow, we go to my parent's place to help them sort and pack. They are moving next month and my mom is the queen of packrats. I think it'll be interesting what she wants to keep and what she doesn't. They are moving to a much smaller condo.

I don't have time this morning to post to everyone individually but I am praying for you. I'll try to post Saturday night or Sunday.
Old 05-07-2004, 09:40 AM   #15  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Sami~just had to tell you quick that I had been having trouble with cramps in my calf and hamstring. My Chiro told me i was deficient in magnesium (Sherry is so smart) and he told me to take 500 mg. I take a 250 mg. in the a.m. and p.m. But you also may need a potassium supplement. I think you'd have to eat a lot of banana's to get enough. And of course, you'll have to be sure and drink plenty of water. Your muscles will require it, especially with the supplements. Hope you are better soon. Sorry about your recent losses at work, that is tough.

Hi to all, more later.
Closed Thread