Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 09:23 AM   #1  

Hi.

I was just wondering if anyone on here owns a pilates and if so, what do you think of it? I just ordered one.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Jasmine
Old 04-08-2001, 11:03 AM   #2  

I'm guessing you mean the Pilates Performer (did you buy it on sale at QVC?)? I have one, and I love it! I do cardio, strength training, and Pilates. What I like about it is that Pilates, while challenging, actually feels good as you exercise. Hope you like it as much as me!
Old 04-08-2001, 03:07 PM   #3  

RosieA,

Thanks for replying to my question. Yes, I ordered it yesterday from QVC. I have thought about it for a long time, and when it was the TSV yesterday I couldn't resist any longer.

Now I have to decide which piece of equipment I want to get rid of since I have a room full. Probably the bike with the back rest or the glider (also QVC).

Jasmine
Old 04-09-2001, 03:35 AM   #4  
REC

Congrats on your new "baby." I ordered one from QVC about 3 years ago. I had never heard of Pilates at that time, but I liked the ideas they were talking about. I also have the elevator stand, which is a pain to use, as I fold up my performer after each workout. I see yours has one built in.

If you can take a class or two, I would suggest it, but you'll do OK without it. There's a Pilates 'feel' that you need to get. It's such a great piece of equipment--fun! One thing I really like is that the workout tape is only 20 minutes and you feel really good afterwards.

I'm now doing walking, ST, and yoga, so my performer hasn't been used in a year. I did watch a bit of the pilates shows on QVC yesterday and I think instead of doing two yoga sessions per day (when I'm REALLY motivated--not too often), I'll do one yoga and one pilates session. I do miss pilates. I've also done the floor work, which I think is MUCH harder.
Old 04-11-2001, 10:48 AM   #5  

Default Pilates

Hi!

I too purchased the Pilates Performer and love it. I didn't buy mine from QVC, but am thinking I want to buy some of the tapes for the Performer from there.

I really like the machine and feel like I get a great workout.

Just had a baby on February 10th, and am trying to get back into shape before I go back to work on April 30th.

Also have been getting up early in the a.m. to do the Denise Austin workout on Lifetime Network.

Let me know if you have any ideas for weight loss while nursing.

Thanks,

Amanda
Closed Thread