Support Groups - Stay At Home Moms #162

View Full Version : Stay At Home Moms #162

MichelleRae
05-04-2004, 11:14 PM
Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!!

MichelleRae
05-04-2004, 11:24 PM
I loved American Idol tonigh my favorite kind of music is jazz/swing/big band. I would have to say my fave top 3 were George, Fantasia, and LaToya. I can't wait to see the results show tomorrow.

How is everyones night going? Just thought I'd check in!! I'll be lurking for a little bit so I'll be on the site :)

TTYL
Michelle

mompen
05-04-2004, 11:27 PM
I tell you we are flying through these threads!!!!!

It is great that we are so active on this board :)

Crystal,
I am so sorry about your toothache! I feel your pain! I had a root canal done on one of my front teeth not long ago and now my wisdom teeth are giving me fits! I will keep you in my prayers and hope you are feeling better soon :) Get some rest!

Spryng,
I need some help if you don't mind. If I give you my fitday totals for the day can you calculate my points, please please! LOL I did great today until supper time and I ate some white carbs. Well I know I failed on SB tonight but if I was on other plans then I would have kept my spirits up b/c i did great. I know some of the points but not all of them. :)

mompen
05-05-2004, 12:17 AM
Ok Spryng,

I pulled out my ww info and I had 23 points for today and flex says I should have 22.......

I feel a little better :)

Chubba
05-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Good evening ladies,

Wow, it's impossible to keep up with all of you! I'll do better in the winter again. Our computer is in our basement/rec room so I don't get on it much once the weather gets warm. It took me 15 minutes just to read all the day's posts.

Got the mowing done today and then took the boys for a walk. Will rode his new bike but he has to learn to stop on it. He got going down a hill and couldn't stop and went through an intersection...luckily it was in our subdivision where there isn't much traffic durning the day. I almost had a heart attack!!

I'm following Dr Phil also and it's workign for me. This week I'm eating cupcakes though that we made for Will's birthday so I'll have to do some extra exercise to make up for them. They're almost gone thank goodness!! :)

I'm so tired, I'm not even going to try to address you all!! Have a great night and I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

mompen
05-05-2004, 12:39 AM
Have a great night Geri and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO WILL!!!!!!!

spryng
05-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Good evening all!
Geri, that bike ride sounds fun! It has training wheels right? I remember the day I got my training wheels taken off my bike, my whole family and I went for a walk/ride (us kids rode our bikes) I felt like such a big kid because I could keep up with all my cousins. Well they veered off the road and onto a dirt path and at the end of the path was a wooden wall and they all just turned their bikes and missed it... well not me. I couldn't get my bike to stop!!! I ran smack into that wall and screwed my nose all up. I was more embarassed than anything because I wanted to be a big kid too... the worse part is my grandma caught it all on film. I was about 5 or 6 at the time. So I understand your son's problem with the brakes, lol.
Penny I'm so sorry I didn't get on here earlier to see you needed my help. Of course I would have figured out your pts for the day, but it looks like you did it too. 23 pts is great! So 22 would be your target right and you had 1 flexpoint. That is good. Are you switching over or were you just curious?
Michelle, I didn't really enjoy AI tonight. I am not a fan of big band music so it did nothing for me. But I do enjoy watching them perform. I am really clueless as to who will win this one. I think Jasmine and Diana will definitely be in the bottom 3 tomorrow though. Not because they were bad but Latoya and Fantasia are SO good. I did watch on interesting show on the discovery channel about the bermuda triangle. Very intriguing. But I don't think there is any mystery there... just alot of coincidences and too much publicity. But interesting none the less. lol
Well I am exausted tonight too for some reason. Dh almost got into a really bad fight with his mom today on the phone. She told him that they told me to bring the kids out there so I could go to the ER this morning when he knew they said no such thing. She made it out like I was the one who refused to make plans with them. But she called me to see if I was feeling better and all that. I know she did because DH let into her. O-well... even fake sympathy is nice every now and then. But I really do feel fine now. Just tired tonight, but I'm sure that is from TOM on his way to ruin my weekend, lol. I want to snack so badly tonight and I've had to fight myself all day. After I did my running this morning I went through Wendy's to get the kids a happy meal for lunch and boy did I want some fries!!! But instead I got a small chili (3.5 pt) and had a lean cuisine with it for lunch. And I didn't feel like cooking tonight so the kids had their choice (they chose bologna sandwiches and chips) and I ate another lean cuisine meal (it was really good!) and then I left myself one pt for a minature hershey bar. It helped with my craving for chocolate but boy I didn't want to stop at just one. But I did!! I'll be so glad when this week is over.
Ok, I'm off to bed now. TTYL!

MichelleRae
05-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Spryng - I'm glad your hubby took the initiative to call his family to get them to give you some help!! I agree with you about the bottom for tomorrw, I really don't like Diana she has some sort of snooty quality about her that really rubs me the wrong way I admit she has wonderful talent though but I think personality should play into it as well.

Geri - LOL Yes we've been keeping busy, just shows you how much we need eachother :grouphug: You mow your lawn? I make hubby do it lol mostly because I have hayfever and fresh cut grass just about kills my nose lol. Good for Will taking a ride on his new bike I bet he really enjoyed that!! Get those brakes working lol. MMMM cupcakes sound soo good!! I wanted a low carb tortilla so badly today but I didnt give in cuz they aren't on phase one of SBD I can't wait til phase II there is a lot of wonderful things added back in. I've got like 1005 calories for the day though so thats pretty good.

Anyway I'm pretty tired I had a rough day baby decided to throw up a few times I dunno what was up but she threw up on me twice then fell asleep and then woke up and she was fine. It scared me cuz I had never seen a baby start heaving then throw up. I got TOM tonight but I don't think I'll show a gain this week cuz I've been drinking a lot of water so I won't retain it as bad! I've actually got at least 64 oz of water a day which is good for me cuz somedays I can go without drinking anything at all. Spryng I think you asked me the other day if I was taking a vitamin and I can't remeber if I answered or not but yes I am taking flintstones lol cuz I have them on hand and heck its ALMOST like a piece of candy ;) So this week when I've weighed myself in the morning like I do everyday I've either shown a loss or a maintain from the day before which is great I'm sure my WI on sunday will show good results. *keeping my fingers crossed*

Ok I'm done rambling and I'm off to bed!
Love and sweet dreams to all!!
Michelle

ECmom
05-05-2004, 08:07 AM
'Morning!
No way I am going to leave a long post.......too tough to do at this hour and I am still trying to see if my computer woes have been cured.

Geri- happy B day to Will! Spryng - don't overdo stuff, ok? Crystal- hows that miserable tooth! Take care.
Melinda, Sarah, Michele......aw, my feeble mind is slipping-sorry to all who I did not get personal with. Got another long day ahead of me.....they are all long these days. Wait till you have teenagers!!!!!!

Gotta go wake up Dd and get ready for the insanity. See ya!!!
Ginny

watkinsguru
05-05-2004, 08:33 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Okay, I promise I really did have a toothache last night to the point of tears. I slept ALL night and now I'm fine. No toothache or nothing. I don't really understand. I've had that happen before with another tooth but it didn't hurt that bad. Oh well, I'm not gonna try to find an explanation for it, I just know it doesn't hurt anymore.

Spryng, I'm glad your dh had a talk with his mother too. I've never had to worry about that with my dh and his mom but my sister used to have that problem, her dh was a mama's boy and wouldn't step up to her but all that has changed.

Michelle, sorry about TOM glad about the water. I hope your little girl is okay, babies do that sometimes. Let us know.

Geri, glad you had a good day. Think about us when you eat that last cupcake. I was thinking yesterday that starting this month and EVERY month from here on out my family has 1 or more birthdays a month. Just to give y'all a piece of this and because my sister has so many kids listen... 2 bd's this month, 2 in June, 2 in July, 1 in August, 1 in September, 2 and a new baby in October, 2 in November and Thanksgiving, and 4 in December and Christmas. And that's just MY family not my dh's. All that cake, what's a girl to do?

Penny, thanks for your prayers. It sounds like you may need to switch to WW, huh?

Well, I don't want to go into any details because this is a weight loss forum. Should we discuss personal problems with each other? I mean we have all shared ALOT of personal things but there are more. Like problems with dh, those problems can get really personal and you all may not care to hear. I thought I'd check before I dove into them. Just let me know if y'all even want to hear about those problems. It's not a problem if you don't.
Okay, I haven't been able to exercise this week like I had wanted to. First day it was my foot, second day it was my tooth. We'll see about today. Smallville comes on tonight, I might ride my bike during that. I did get all my seeds planted in the garden yesterday and went grocery shopping with three kids, that constitute as exercise, right? I'm staying home today. Getting some more cleaning done. I should be recieving a Watkins package today with a big order, that is always so much fun, like Christmas. Well girls, you all have a great day and I'll check in later.

watkinsguru
05-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Okay so I don't feel so bad, will everyone talk about a few bad things with their dh? Just list a few problems with him and then I will and I won't feel so bad. My list could go on and on though. Michelle from the way you talk I don't think your dh has any bad issues, although no man is perfect so I'm sure he does. Tell us tell us...

MichelleRae
05-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Good Morning!!!

Ginny - I hope you have fun dealing with the insanity today lol.

Crystal - Get personal sure!! We're all friends here and we're here to help eachother! I think that all personal problems can contribute to weight and emotional eating (not taht you do that) but hey if we have to tie it into weight loss that works doesnt it? lol

I was thinking of WW too but I can't afford to purchase and I don't have anyone that can give/share materials with me :( So for now South Beach will work plus once I get to phase 2 I'll get to eat a wider variety of things :). Well Teagan has a doctors appt. today and she's getting some shots eeks!! I told hubby it's his turn to take her to the doc cuz I cry everytime she gets shots my poor little girl hurting just breaks my heart.

Anyway Hubby said I could go back to bed if I wanted so I'm gonna go lay in bed and read for a little bit, then get up and weigh myself for today :D See if TOM has affected my weight yet.

Love
Michelle

MichelleRae
05-05-2004, 10:55 AM
LOL Crystal!!! ok ok yes my hubby has horrible habits that enrage me sometimes lol he smacks his food, he doesnt ever look at me when I'm talking to him so it makes me think he isn't listening but he has always heard what I say, also he doesnt acknowledge me when I talk to him sometimes, so I'll be telling him blah, blah, blah and not so much as a nod of the head from him, he also NEVER puts the toilet seat down geez I hate that one, lets see ok heres a gross one LOL but if he has gas he Never goes to the bathroom to do it he always does it in front of me grrrr!! AND when we are arguing and I tell him to leave me alone he won't that totally enfuriates me to no end lol. One more thing when he shaves his head he always leaves the friggen hair on the bathroom floor for me to put away Arggghhhhh.

Ok those are my annoyances with hubby lol but thats about the extent of it :)

What are yours? Lol
Michelle

bluekitty
05-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Well, I already screwed up today... It's about nine and I had a donut since relatives are over for the week. At least I have the REST of the day to make it up. Why are they called donuts anyhow....they should be doughrings! Okay, that was my deep thought for the day.

BUT I did very well last night! My hubby had dessert and offered me some as usual, and I declined. I had to leave the room for a minute, but it worked and the craving passed. :D

Has anyone heard of the sugar busters diet? Has anyone been on it? I am SO addicted it's not funny, and I am willing to give it a try!

Housework is calling, so is my coffee. talk to ya'll later!
Sarah :coffee2:

bluekitty
05-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Hmmm...annoying things that hubby's do. If I had all day! j/k

Mine insists on bringing home tempting treats about every night and offering them to me, despite my asking him not to even offer it to me. He "forgets". He is addicted to sugar like me....and he will spend about $ 10-15 a week on goodies. Even though $15 isn't much, it could be better elsewhere.

Oh, another one is dressing the way he does when he go on a date. He is a musician ( drummer) and he wears metal t-shirts and camoflaguge shorts. I don't care if he dresses like that around house or when we are bumming around town running errands....just not on a date! We don't get many of those. GUYS.....(sigh) I love my hubby though, he is really wonferful. Those things are completely minor considering all of his awesome qualities. :love:

Sarah

spryng
05-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Good morning all!

Michelle, of course you can vent about Dh here anytime. Yes we are a support forum for our diets but we can't succeed on our diets if our home life is driving us nuts, now can we? Ok, how long have you and DH been married now? Lets see... some things that annoy me about my Dh.... well he does put the seat down, always has. Now this could be a bad thing to get used to because when we lived in oklahoma and his parents came to visit his dad does not put the seat down and I went to the bathroom after him and fell in!!!! I was so used to Dh putting it down that I never looked. Talk about a cold wet booty at 3 am!!!!! LOL. I guess what mostly annoys me about my Dh now is that when he comes home he thinks he is on vacation and doesn't help me do anything. I'll have a short list of things I need him to do or look at because I don't have a clue how to do it (like get the riding mower started, or check my ds's outlet in his room because it has been sparking and I'm afraid of a fire) and he won't do it!!! Now that I am doing flylady I won't need help with the house anymore but I still need him to mow the lawn and stuff like that. And my kitchen is an eat-in kitchen so it is small and it drives me crazy that after a meal he will leave his plate and all on the table for me to put away when the sink is just a few feet away. Of course that isn't something I harp about. I'm sure after 6 years of marriage I have more things that annoy me but those are the ones coming to mind right now. Oh and my dh does the same thing yours does when it comes to arguing. When I am mad I need time to cool off and want to be alone and he won't give me space... he'll try holding my hand or being in my face until we resolve it. Which is nice in hindsight because we've never gone to bed angry and our marriage is stronger because of it but still... makes me want to kill him during the moment, lol. Also about the WW things. I have some websites that you can download some stuff for free... like the pts slider and a calculator for your computer desktop... so if you were ever interested in doing WW I could help get you started. You'd just have to give me your weight and I could tell you your daily pts and all that. Just a FYI. I think it is a great program but if you can do it free (like I have been doing) even better! :) But I think SB is going well for you right? How long is phase 1?
Crystal, I just realized you were the one who needed to vent about your dh, not michelle, sorry michelle!! But yes, share with us if you are comfortable. You could always pm any of us (I'm a great listener) if that makes you feel better. As you know I don't vent much about Dh (mostly because he isn't home to annoy me, lol) but I have plenty to say about my in-laws, lol. And that is ALOT of b-days to go to this year!!! How do you stay away from all that cake? I would eat just a small slice. I love cake.
Ginny, did someone come out and look at your computer yet? Glad it is running better for you!! And I promise I won't overdue it anymore. lol. all yesterday afternoon and evening I took it easy on the couch. So today I have more energy, feel so much better, and can't wait to get into my routines today! Of course DH will be home in 2 days and that inspires me to finish up little things around here. :)

So what does everyone have planned for today? I was sooo tired last night that I didn't complete my morning or evening routines. I feel bad about it. I did pick up the kids rooms before bed because if I don't stay on top of it they will get out of hand. While I was at walmart yesterday I bought a stuffed animal net thing to hang in my dd's room so I organized all her stuffed animals and got them off of the dressers and floor. Looks so much better. But since I have been really good with flylady up until yesterday my house in still looking good and I don't have much to catch up on today. So taking the day off to lay around didn't hurt me any but now I'm ready to dive back into it. Are those of you still doing it loving it?? Since my house stays so clean now it makes me want to redecorate! I really want to rearrange my furniture in my living room and paint the walls... I just can't physically do it myself. So I have to wait.
What is for dinner? I'm not sure yet for me. Maybe chicken spaghetti? or Dirty Rice, or something like that.
Ok, gonna get off here and make my bed! TTYL!

spryng
05-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Sarah you snuck in on me! lol. Your dh sounds wonderful despite the date attire, lol. Does he play in a band or just something he tinkers in? What is his day job? What kind of music does he play? I have an uncle who is an awesome guitarist (well so is his son, my cousin) and they play alot of the old rock and big hair bands of the late 80's early 90's. Amazing stuff. I love those heavy metal bands to this day, they always bring back great memories of watching them jam in their basement getting ready for a gig.
Ok, gotta go!

watkinsguru
05-05-2004, 11:37 AM
okay Michelle, I only wish my dh's issues were that small. I have one of those hard headed, stubborn, not listening kind. When it comes to keeping the outside of the home, he's great. He always wants to keep the house picked up outside. No if my dh shaved his head he would clean it right away. He's wierd when it comes to that. After he shaves his face, he rinses out the sink real well. I shave his head and we both clean the mess. No his problems are deeper than that.
1) My dh is the kind that thinks he works much harder than me. He thinks I shouldn't be tired, he is the one that physcially worked harder. He always tells me what I should do like; clean the oscillating fan and ceiling fan. I know what I need to do and if I haven't done it, oh well do it yourself. No he has told me that the panels on the doors are dusty. He ALWAYS makes comments about my housekeeping.
2) He can't live on a budget. We are SO broke right now and he will ONLY use Pantene shampoo, among the most expensive. Dove soap, that is all he will use and it's among the more expensive. I was buying some of the cheaper toilet paper, but not the cheapest and he complained about that. He wouldn't eat Frosted Flakes because they were the off brand. Now I'll admit some off brand things are not as good, but me or the kids can't tell the difference in that cereal. We had to spend $50 bucks last week on some work stuff for him so he told me not to get his perscriptions refilled for another week, but he bought a fishing license and a 12 pk. of beer.
3) He's never been an alcoholic. His family members are and he knows that but he has started drinking ALOT more than ever. He went fishing Sunday at 10AM and took his 12 pk of beer with him. At 10 in the Morning. I can't believe he was even thinking about beer at that time. There will be a day that he doesn't drink at all but for the most part he's been drinking more than ever. You can't tell a drinker that though, they don't understand.
4) When he gets moody and mad at the kids, he's called them "stupid", "dummy", "idiot". There's nothing I can do, he's a good dad most of the time, loves to play with the kids and stuff but this is sometimes. I've finally said something the other day and he said, "shut up dummy". I said you can call me whatever you want, but not the kids. I think he might be trying to work on it.
5) He's so moody that sometimes it feels like I'm walking on eggshells around him. You have to be careful what you say to him and when.
6) ALL of our fights turn back on me. EVERY time, I'll be the bi**h.
7) He has lost all sensitivity. I was in tears last night because of my tooth and instead of coming over to me and putting his arm around me or something, very coldly he said, "what's wrong with you?" Where's the sensitivity there? The other day after the garage sale, I was SO tired and instead of being sweet to me, he wanted to wrestle and pick and told me he's ALWAYS tired. I didn't even get to be tired w/o feeling guilty.
8) The majority of our problems are sexual. He's a man and wants it ALL the time. I'm a woman and don't. He doesn't understand that. He use to be the aggressor when we first got married and after a couple of years, we had a talk and it was getting to him, he thought I didn't want him. I understood and accepted my part of the blame. Since then, it's changed. He still thinks he comes to me most of the time but he doesn't. He'll either specifically ask me to come to him and do something, usually something he knows I don't want to do or don't like, I think it's disrespectful. Or he'll wait and not say anything. I'm doing the same thing, waiting for him. When and if he comes to me, he automatically starts trying to touch me where he thinks I want him to, I don't right away. We're women, like ovens, we need to be preheated. He wants to dive into it. I've tried to spell this out to him but obviously he doesn't get it. So our biggest problems lie here. He wants me to be kinky, different, an aggressor and I'm not.
I hope some of you have these problems and I'm not alone. He has changed since we've gotten married and I guess I have to, but I don't feel like I've changed for the worse and I thought with age, men matured and changed for the better but not mine. These are the major problems we have. I can't sit down and talk to him about this stuff because he's not the understanding kind. He won't acknowledge his problems, and it will backfire to me.
You know I posted this on the quick reply thinking it would be quick. Oh well, I just wanted to vent about my dh. I think he and I have drifted big time and I don't know how to change that. See we got married when I was 18 and he was 17. I had dated other guys and he never dated anyone else. I think that's some of our problems. And we didn't get married because we were having a baby, we didn't have Alisa until 3 years later. We don't go out very often, right now we can't afford to but he thinks I'm no fun and boring because I like dinner and a movie. He wants to do different things. I'm not sure what he means but he never plans anything for us. I've told him that I would love to go bowling, has he ever taken me NO. He and a friend of his have gone though. Does he get a sitter and say I'm taking you out, NO. A couple of years ago for my birthday, he said, I'm gonna take you out, I thought how nice. But I still had to get the sitter and he hadn't planned on where he was taking me, he just waited for me to tell him.
I'm so sorry for rambling. I just don't have friends that I can talk to. I hope some of you read through this and have some thoughts. Sorry for going on and on. TTYL

watkinsguru
05-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Spryng, watch out. My dh use to ALWAYS put the seat down, but hardly ever anymore. And that is an invitation for my son to go play in it. But whose fault is it, mine for not watching Andrew. Now that has only happened once, but I think he knows it's really his fault. If your dh ever does it once, stop him there because that's a sign that it's starting.
I'm glad you're a good listener, I can't wait for you to read through my issues. You girls have some little bitty issues. I only wish mine were that little. Now if you want to PM me after reading through, go ahead, I'd love to hear from you.

spryng
05-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Oh Crystal! I am so sorry. Didn't realize you were having such a hard time at home. How old is your Dh now? Sounds like to me there is something more going on. If he is moody more and drinking more maybe he is trying to deal with a problem all by himself. Perhaps you can gently ask him what is going on in his life. Could be work related. Some guys just hit a midlife crisis too early. When guys hit a certain age they start looking back on their life to see what has happened to them and maybe he feels he married so young and had kids so young that he didn't get to finish being young himself you know? (I totally understand that feeling. Most 24 years olds are off having a great time, and I've been married for 6 years and have 3 kids and a morgage, lol) Sometimes we forget to be best friends and lovers because we are parents, you know? If he wants spice back into his life try to add spice! Not saying you are deserving anything he has been dishing out to you. That is him taking his frustrations out on you. You two really need to talk about it. This is a critical time in your marriage. We women have so much on our plates. trying to balance a household, pay the bills, raise the kids, make our DH's happy, that we put ourselves last and we feel underappreciated. So we let ourselves go and our Dh's see that. Change is enevitable after getting married and having kids. We are different in social situations down the the bedroom... it's how we handle that change. My dh used to make comments about how we used to "do it" all the time, everyday, sometimes 3-4 times a day. Well that was when we were newlyweds... we didn't work much, we had no kids, etc so we could devote 100% of our attention on one another. But you can't expect it to be like that anymore. You can make the bedroom exciting still but you have to be vocal and communicate be willing to compromise... but mostly it's about love. That entire act is suppose to be a great show of our love for each other and if he wants you to do things you don't enjoy then it becomes selfish and not loving and the act is cheapened. But you won't know all this until you communicate. I hate to be a Dr.Phil supporter but his book relationship rescue may come in handy for you. I haven't read it but I've seen him in action with couples having problems and I know it wouldn't hurt to just read it and see what you thought.
Sorry to go on and on. I just know that I went through a very very rough patch in my marriage a couple of years ago and it was because we had become lazy at being friends and lovers and just became so absorbed with getting through each day as parents that we forgot why we were together (other than to raise our kids) Write a list of all the positive things about your dh, why you fell in love with him, what makes you smile when you think about him etc. My Dh and I were on the brink of divorce back then and we are stronger than ever now and I contribute it all to open communication about EVERYTHING. Including sex and mundane things. I am here for you!!! If you ever need to talk please email me or call me! I'll pm you my phone number ok? I know the pain you are feeling and how hard things seem. But smile for me! You are a wonderful woman and deserve to be treated that way :)

Chubba
05-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Good morning ladies :coffee:

Crystal...Maybe you should write Dh a letter...sometimes seeing things in writing helps...but then it depends on the person :^:

My Dh is very helpful around here...but not always when I want him to be. Alot of it is communication. I have to let him know what I need when I need it, not expect him to know. It's not always easy...especially if I'm crabby, then I tend to be crabby to him too :(

Minor annoyances...mustache trimmings in my just cleaned bathroom...crap tracked in on my just washed floor...sometimes very little foreplay :o ...but he's cool!

Spryng... :lol: love the bike story!! AI..I think LaToya did excellent again...didn't vote because I missed the very end tending to the boys and couldn't remember her number! Must have been something in the air with the tiredness! Glad you're feeling better.

Michele...I love to mow and be outside doing any kind of yard work. It was Dh's job while I was working full time but now that I'm home and my Mom will watch the boys I do it. I also want him to get our deck built before the end of this month and he really only has weekends to do that.

Ginny...HI! ;)

Sarah...don't worry about 1 doughnut...now a whole box would be another story! Congrats on skipping the snack last night. Dh needs some help with his sabotaging! Sometimes men think that if their wives lose weight that it's a threat to them...like you'ld look for someone better, you know? Could that be an issue? You really need his support to do this. :D You do have us though.

Penny....Hi to you too :D

How's everyone else doing? I did a couple loads of laundry last night and am finishing it up this morning. I like to do it on a windy day and hang outside but couldn't wait anymore. My laundry room isn't that big and it was overflowing!! Straightened up some after the boys went to bed too. Don't know what I will do except grocery shop today. Dh just got up...his poor sleeping is so screwed up with this 3rd shift week. He's going to the office then coming back. I will shop then he will sleep some more while I find something to do with the kids. Maybe I should take them to the zoo and walk around! Hey, there's an idea. We have a zoo pass and get in free (well, use it a couple of times and it pays for itself).

OK, got to hit the shower. Did the 3 mi walk this am.

Bye now.

need2losemore
05-05-2004, 12:44 PM
Just a quick post. I quit watching AI a few weeks ago-we don't need another Macy Gray(Fantasia.) Welcome to any new people. My dh annoyances? When he shaves, he doesn't clean up in his bathroom, and if I am gone at night, he refuses to read the boys a bedtime story. We worked out problems three or four years ago, so we are doing pretty good. Keep up the good work on the diets. I found a new place to go walking here. my ds's school has an outdoor trail, its hilly and curvey and paved with gravel so its quite a work out. I have to go get my blood drawn tonight for the friggin study, then its yard sale time tomorrow. Got to start helping my mom with her stuff for the sale. have a good day.

spryng
05-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Hi again!

Ricci, is Fantasia who you think is going to win?? I'm not a macy gray fan either but Fantasia seems like a fun-loving young mother. Great personality I think. But I'm not sure who I want to see win. That trail sounds so pretty! Enjoy your walks there. How much longer do you have to get your blood drawn?
Geri, I guess I don't understand the whole foreplay thing, lol. I am opposite most women. My DH loves foreplay and I don't. I'm not a pre-show kind of girl, lol. :o But enough of that, lol. Probably way TMI already this morning, lol. How is your laundry going? I actually got some done already this morning too! Ava helped me fold which was cute. So my morning routine is complete and now I am going to see what I need to take out for dinner. We are going to the zoo this weekend! I am so excited about it. I called SIL to invite all of them (she lives with my FIL and MIL) and she was crabby to me. Oh well. I thought it would be nice to do it as a big family but we'll go regardless of them. My two oldest are sooo excited about it. Which makes me excited. They've been before (to a different one) but Ava was really young, like 1 I think , and bubba just a few months old. So now they are old enough to enjoy it. Tanner will just love getting out of the house for the day, lol.
Well, guess I will get off here once again. TTYL!

ECmom
05-05-2004, 01:40 PM
I might just have gotten to the bottom of my computer woes......but won't leave a long post until I am sure and have the time to do so.

Ricci- that new place to walk sounds great.......enjoy it and some nice weather too! Good luck with the garage sale.

Geri- hope you get to the zoo- sounds like fun! Glad for you that the laundry is done- so depressing to see a huge pile of it.

Spryng- you are a wise woman.......great advice for Crystal. But then I knew that about you already! ;) Wise beyond your years. Have a great day.

Crystal- sounds like you have some issues with Dh. Not to get too personal, but are you a Christian? There is a wonderful book- the Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian- following her suggestions thru the Lords mercy and prayer my Dh has changed big time....and all credit goes to God- seriously, the book opened my eyes a ton- made me cry a bit too........you might want to pick a copy up. I will pray for you.

Michele-you might want to check out ebay to buy some used WW materials. Got my first set that way- and the rest of us on WW can help you out if you are interested. I have heard of sugar busters- sounds like a pretty good program too.

Sarah- the donut sounded so good!!!!! Hope you enjoyed it, and you are right you have to allow some treats sometime. Just be good for the rest of the day.

Well, I had better go. Worked an extra hour this am- not that I needed to but it goes a long way to be cooperative. No walk today- just too pooped!
Baseball tonite- (Ds) and then I am accompanying the choir with flute- so rehearsal tonite. No, I did not need another thing to do, but this is something I enjoy.
Gotta go.. sorry if I missed you........

Want to start an interresting poll?(did I missspell that???)
How many times do you run the dishwasher a day???
See ya~!
Ginny

spryng
05-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Ginny so glad your computer is running fine! What was wrong with it? Enjoy your flute playing tonight! It is nice to have a hobby isn't it? We do so much for others that it is nice to have something we do just for ourselves too. Have fun!

And about your poll... .I run my dishwasher one time a day. At night before I go to bed and then unload it in the morning along with my other morning routine stuff. I love polls like this!!

MichelleRae
05-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Crystal - Hun I'm so sorry things aren't quite as well as you would like them to be at home. I've been married almost 2 years and the stuff I complain about my hubby really is minor, you know I've had it pointed out to me that I am mean to him, and I think that its cuz I'm really bitter about my past and my health problems, I have been trying to work on it and I make sure everyday to tell him that I love him. As for the sex problems, Now I don't tell alot of people this but here goes: I was pregnant with my daughter Taylor and I met dh when I was 5 mos along, at that point I was very skeptical about having a relationship when the person I thought I cared for got me pregnant and then ran off when I told him, I didn't know if I should bring someone in to this little persons who was soon to be born, life. But I did, and we took it very slow, he was there with me when my daughter was born he saw the whole thing, after she was born he needed to run home to change and shower but just before he left he bent over and whispered that he loved me for the first time! It was the happiest day for me , cuz finally I had someone that didnt treat me like crap or anything. Then when we would go out with my newborn daughter and people would say oh shes beautiful he would reply "thanks isnt she?" and then I knew that he was the one I wanted to be with forever! But then I was working graveyards auditing 2 hotels and he worked days, I was always tired and we never saw eachother never were intimate I mean I think our longest stretch was 8 months without, then I just told him that sex is important in a relationship and that we needed to work on that, now when I tell him that I am thinking about "special time" (thats what I call it) he is usually thinking about it too, so it's gotten better, more of an enjoyment than a chore, which is the way it should be. My hubby has never really used the "i work harder than you" card and I'm glad he doesn't and I give him a lot of credit cuz I was on bedrest almost a full year and he did EVERYTHING for me and Taylor on top of his regular job.

I do agree with Spryng on the drinking thing, maybe he has another problem that he's trying to bury, My father is/was an alcoholic and attends AA he just earned his 5 year sobriety medallion and he was drinking more and more cuz his relationship with my mother wasn't working out. (not that this is why ur hubby is drinking) but Try telling him you want to talk to him and ask him nicely not to say a word til you get it all out, tell him not to be defensive, and try to be constructive in what he has to say in response, Let him know that you are feeling this way.

I am definately here for you and if you ever need to talk I will PM you my phone number too. :) :grouphug:

Sarah - One donut is not too bad! I know if I had donuts in the house I don't think I could stop at one lol arrghhhh now I've got a craving lol. Just continue to try and make good choices, and this is just a piece of advice, so don't take it as me being mean I'm taking this from my own experience: Don't make excuses for why you aren't eating well, if you are making bad food choices it is no ones fault but your own, and just because others are having (insert food here) doesnt mean I can't make a healthy choice. Ok I say that because I used to do that all the time, but no more I am FINALLY holding myself accountable for everything I put in my mouth, it's my body, my mouth, my decision! :) Now what dont you like about journaling? I have been doing it for 5 days now and I love it!! But maybe you need a motivator, do you have someone who can check your journal to make sure you're staying OP? I have my hubby, my doctor, and Penny :D checking my journal to make sure I don't slip and it helps me a lot.

Ricci - Glad to hear from you . Awesome on finding the new walking trail I bet it's great!! Have fun with your yard sale!

Geri - WTG on the walk today!! You truely do inspire me to keep walking :) A trip to the zoo sounds like fun, I wish we had one here!

Spryng - My sister is reading the relationship rescue too it seems like a pretty popular book I hope it helps her straighten her relationship out.

Sorry for such a long post there was a lot to comment on :) Well I've got to go do my 2 mile walk and have something to eat.

I will talk to you all later.
Love
Michelle

MichelleRae
05-05-2004, 02:12 PM
I run the dishwasher once a day as well at night and empty in the morning.
Michelle

watkinsguru
05-05-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks girls for your thoughts and prayers.
Ginny, yes I am a VERY strong christian. I have seen that book but never purchased, I will do that though. Alot of the way I am I say is because I am a christian. As a christian wife, I am to follow my dh and not really talk back, I know in the real world that doesn't work.
Michelle, congrats for your dad going sober. I can't just sit down with my dh and talk to him, he's not an open kind of guy. Plus he'll say the major problem is sexual, but he wants me to change who I am and I don't think that's fair.
Spryng, I'm not sure that there is a deeper problem other than the sex, I think it's just hereditary (sp?) and he doesn't realize it's becoming so common and if I say something, he won't acknowledge it. In fact he'll become very defensive. We sit down every once in a while and have a heart to heart talk, but he has to promote it because if he doesn't then that means he's not ready and he won't be as open about it.
Thank you girls so much.

bluekitty
05-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Spryng, My hubby was a drummer in two metal bands in Seattle, both got radio air time on the local stations when they would play metal late at night. It was fun going to shows and seeing him play...hanging out w/other people in the Seattle metal scene. Since we moved here to TX in December he hasn't played at all...because we really don't know anyone here yet, and now that we have a baby there isn't as much time as there used to be. Plus the drums are the most expensive instrument to maintain. He goes to a forum like this but it is called Seattle Metal Online. His daytime job is bakery manager....that's how he brings home sweets all the time.

Ginny, I've been wondering if he is worried that he could lose me if I got thin. He keeps telling me he loves how my body is...and when we first met I was much thinner and he got jealous a lot because he knew and saw guys come on to me. Now that I am plump no one except for OLDER or CREEPY men hit on me. LOL My hubby needs to be more supportive. He says he shouldn't have to do anything different if I am the one w/the problem because it's not fair to him. He is a recovered alcoholic (5 years sober) and I asked him in the first year would he feel comfortable around booze or bars he would normally play in?...he said no and kinda understood my weakness for sweets, yet he STILL brings home sweets. I don't know how to get through to him, and I've given up because I have decided to lose weight with or without his support...that is why I am soooooo lucky to be talking to you ladies online and get my support here.

Crystal, I am sorry to hear about the situation at home. I can relate to some the budget issues....Steve still smokes despite how spendy it is...and he insists on buying coffee and breakfast on his way to work even though I make coffee every morning and there is breakfast here!! VERY annoying. Some of the sex stuff, I can relate w/as well. And the housecleaning stuff....it's okay if he makes a mess and he doesn't pick up after himself...but if I make a VERY little mess w/baby, and get busy and forget about the mess he gets irritated. Steve is pretty good about knowing how hard I work around here, but when he gets home he feels like he needs to vege on the computer until he comes to bed...even though I don't get time w/Steve during the week he makes an effort to give Kyle time. I don't care if he is on the computer, I just wish it wasn't for hours until bedtime. I would like to think I am a little more interesting than that metal music website/forum he goes to. I am not really into catch phrases but try to take things One day (or hour) at a time and do whatever you need to keep yourself and your kids happy. Hopefully he's just going through a funk that will pass....I am happy you told him to never say those things to your kids. Kids are resliliant, but I don't think I've ever recovered from when my dad said mean things to hurt me.

Well, I will be back here later this afternoon or evening. Have a great day!!

Sarah

spryng
05-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Hello again!
The kids are down for their naps so it's "me" time. The last few days I've taken a nap too trying to feel better but guess what? I am completely pain free!!! I was a little achey this morning but nothing bad and now it's gone too. Finally I am normal again!!! Well, as normal as I get anyway, lol.

Sarah, I am so glad you have decided to not let your dh's sweet tooth bring you down! What plan are you doing again? What I would do is allow yourself one sweet thing a day so you don't feel deprived. If it is a very rich dessert then maybe just a bite or two but enough to know you can have some and still lose weight. Don't think you have to go cold turkey on it unless you are on a restrictive diet.
Crystal, if sex is the main problem than that is a big problem. You two need to discuss it and compromise on something that works for you both. I'm sure he probably wants it everynight right? (typical guy, lol) but I'm sure he'd be happy with every other night or 3 times a week or something with you initiating at least one of those times. But that is something only you two can make work. I truly hope things get better. But I have to say him drinking so much more and acting worse doesn't sound like it could be as simple as sex, something else is going on, but maybe I am completely wrong. But hang in there and like I said... call anytime!!
Michelle, your DH is a winner!!! What a wonderful story! Brought tears to my eyes.

Well, got all my stuff done today so far plus a couple extra things and some laundry. I am finally completely caught up on laundry to where I won't have to wash everyday to keep it up. Feels so good. I can't wait until DH comes home and sees how hard I've been working on this house. He will be so thrilled for me. He knows all about flylady because everytime he calls I'm doing something or talking about it, lol.
Ok, guess I'll go surf the net. TTYL!

bluekitty
05-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Michelle, You're absolutely right. I am the only one who can do this, not him. I don't expect hubby to do this for me, I just want some support for a few days while I detox. But I got through last night, even w/out his support!! :D I've decided that I will lose weight whether or not I get his support. Don't worry, I don't think you were being mean :) I do sometimes make excuses for myself and I am working on that. This why I joined this forum...I like it when people tell it to me like it is....and I am the same way.

Spryng, I'm not following a paticular plan...I am just writing what I eat and exercise. Although I want to find out more about the sugar busters plan. If you guys have any ideas that are VERY cheap and easy to follow please let me know.

Crystal, we have one more thing in common. I am a Christian as well. I am not the best Christian....I haven't joined a church here yet and I've been here for five months!! You and your family will be in my prayers. I admire that you shared what you did w/us. So many women like to protray a picture perfect home life, when no home life is always rosy.

Later girls!
Sarah

MichelleRae
05-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Starting a new thread see you there!

watkinsguru
05-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Well thank you girls for sharing your thoughts with me. Hey, if I hadn't dove into such a deep topic for the day what really would we have all talked about, huh???

Sarah, I don't have a church that I'm involved in either because I can't find one that suits me. I have so many problems with so many churches. I homeschool so I try to involve some bible curriculum along with school.

Well girls. I've got to get dinner started, making ham and it needs to cook for a while.

Spryng, thanks for talking to me today. I enjoyed our brief conversation hope to do it again soon.

TTYL