Old 05-04-2004, 09:21 PM   #1  
Abby's Mommy

Smile Non scale victories for May

I didnt see a NSV thread for May anywhere, and I have one! Today while the baby was asleep, I got out my old shoes and push mowed my yard. I didnt want to, thats why its a victory! On top of that, I went to the gym tonight! Im so proud of me! YAY!!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:09 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm now comfortable enough @ the gym to go in just a t-shirt w/my sweatpants, not the long sleeved sweatshirt.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:35 AM   #3  
Crazy Canuck

The Leafs lost the series in overtime and I didn't get drunk.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 12:39 PM   #4  

Ooh! Jill....they were so close! Your Leafs played a good game and went out fighting. Guess you'll have to come over to the light and cheer for the Flames now?

WTG Amy Jo! Sounds like you are getting a lot of exercise in!

SAPF - It's great when you start to feel a bit more comfortable in your body, isn't it?

My NSV for this month is that I got my 75# magnet at WW and broke the 180s hex. I have been hovering around the 180s and out of reach of my 75 goal for quite some time. I am very relieved that I have broken the curse! Onward and downward!
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 01:19 PM   #5  
Crazy Canuck

Congrats on your magnet Kris! Although I think you're cheating here - isn't that a "scale" rather than "non-scale" victory? Excuse my nit-picking, I'm in a lousy mood for obvious reasons. And yes, I'll be a patriotic Canuck and root for the flames now!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:05 PM   #6  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

This could be the wrong place for this because it will lead to a scale victory. Anyway my wife and I went to the store last Friday night and got all kinds of good foods. Fruit and veggies and all. I have made something healthy every day this week. The norm lately had been late night pizza and burgers. I already feel so much more alert.
howie6267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:15 PM   #7  
~ Berry Happy ~

I just saw this thread - and thought I would post!

My NSV is that I FINALLY finished my 2 mile WATP tape! WOO HOO!
kari_berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:49 PM   #8  

Today I was feeling super bad. I thought getting a hair trim would make me feel better. I had hair to my butt almost. I got it cut all the way up to my shoulders!!! I've always hid behind my hair. Like that was going to cover up me being over-weight..Not!! I thought it did though. I can happily say I am not hiding behind my hair anymore!!
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:03 PM   #9  

WOW Tammy!! So brave!! Do you feel like a new woman??

Congratulations Kari Berry! Isn't it great when you can see that you are getting more fit and healthy!

Congratulations Howie! Yeah....the healthy food will lead to scale victories, but eating properly is totally a NSV! That great feeling of knowing that you are eating healthfully.

Jillegal - I guess that you are right....the magnet is kind of a scale victory, isn't it??? Whoops. I have been so fixated on the silly magnet (and not really the number on the scale) that I have kind of disassociated the two things. Kinda crazy!

Alright - I'll think up another NSV......I have been running religiously 3X per week! I can feel the muscles in my legs starting to get stronger. Yay!
looosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #10  
Born Loser

Wow running what would that be like. Maybe some day.
Old 05-06-2004, 09:25 AM   #11  
Abby's Mommy

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE fo your hard work!
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 01:03 PM   #12  
OO

Talking Great Job!!!

This isnt a post for me but my wife. She has been doing really great at loosing wieght for the last 2 months. Since she started she has lost over 20 pounds. I just want her to know how great she is doing, and that I know and see how great she is doing. Also want her to know that I love her very much. Im supposed to be on a diet to, but Im not doing that great =P No where near as good as her. She is determined and she is going to look so great, not that she already didnt. Love you beautiful! wow these smileys are neat
Rikuume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 05:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I had to wait an hour to see the doc yesterday so I went to Wal-Mart--had to go there anyway and decided to try on clothes. I picked out about 3-4 different things all in size 22-24W and they all fit That's sure a change from a few months ago when I would go and hope and pray the 26-28w would fit at home and not even mess with a dressing room.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:16 PM   #14  
Born Loser

Good for you Dawnyal. That is one of the best feelings in the wrold. I have about 5 pair of pants I am waiting to get into again. I can't wait.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:52 AM   #15  

Hi guys.

Well, I'm not sure if this counts, but I'lle try and explain it anyway...

Last week, I had to go through a gruelling management assessment centre process, for a job I had applied for. Its a great job, and to my shock and surprise, I got it......and I really do think that I felt much more confident about the whole thing because I knew I looked good, and I feel great because of all the exercise I'm doing.

And the second thing......on the strength of the new job, I joined a much nicer health club.....and the new place is totally wonderful...and I was thinking yesterday how at home there I feel, and how I am happily trying out all of the classes.....I still have a long way to go to get fit, but I enjoy exercising, and it does not occur to me to feel out of place or self-conscious just because I am the largest person around......
artist is offline   Reply With Quote