100 lb. Club - Non scale victories for May

View Full Version : Non scale victories for May

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-04-2004, 09:21 PM
I didnt see a NSV thread for May anywhere, and I have one! Today while the baby was asleep, I got out my old shoes and push mowed my yard. I didnt want to, thats why its a victory! On top of that, I went to the gym tonight! Im so proud of me! YAY!! :dizzy:

SuchAPrettyFace
05-05-2004, 01:09 AM
I'm now comfortable enough @ the gym to go in just a t-shirt w/my sweatpants, not the long sleeved sweatshirt. :)

Jillegal
05-05-2004, 01:35 AM
The Leafs lost the series in overtime and I didn't get drunk.

looosingit
05-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Ooh! Jill....they were so close! Your Leafs played a good game and went out fighting. Guess you'll have to come over to the light and cheer for the Flames now? ;)

WTG Amy Jo! Sounds like you are getting a lot of exercise in!

SAPF - It's great when you start to feel a bit more comfortable in your body, isn't it?

My NSV for this month is that I got my 75# magnet at WW and broke the 180s hex. I have been hovering around the 180s and out of reach of my 75 goal for quite some time. I am very relieved that I have broken the curse! Onward and downward!

Jillegal
05-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Congrats on your magnet Kris! Although I think you're cheating here - isn't that a "scale" rather than "non-scale" victory? :p Excuse my nit-picking, I'm in a lousy mood for obvious reasons. :( And yes, I'll be a patriotic Canuck and root for the flames now!

howie6267
05-05-2004, 02:05 PM
This could be the wrong place for this because it will lead to a scale victory. Anyway my wife and I went to the store last Friday night and got all kinds of good foods. Fruit and veggies and all. I have made something healthy every day this week. The norm lately had been late night pizza and burgers. I already feel so much more alert.

kari_berry
05-05-2004, 02:15 PM
I just saw this thread - and thought I would post! :)

My NSV is that I FINALLY finished my 2 mile WATP tape! WOO HOO!

Tammy32
05-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Today I was feeling super bad. I thought getting a hair trim would make me feel better. I had hair to my butt almost. I got it cut all the way up to my shoulders!!! I've always hid behind my hair. Like that was going to cover up me being over-weight..Not!! I thought it did though. I can happily say I am not hiding behind my hair anymore!!

looosingit
05-05-2004, 05:03 PM
WOW Tammy!! So brave!! Do you feel like a new woman??

Congratulations Kari Berry! Isn't it great when you can see that you are getting more fit and healthy!

Congratulations Howie! Yeah....the healthy food will lead to scale victories, but eating properly is totally a NSV! That great feeling of knowing that you are eating healthfully.

Jillegal - I guess that you are right....the magnet is kind of a scale victory, isn't it??? Whoops. I have been so fixated on the silly magnet (and not really the number on the scale) that I have kind of disassociated the two things. Kinda crazy!

Alright - I'll think up another NSV......I have been running religiously 3X per week! I can feel the muscles in my legs starting to get stronger. Yay!

howie6267
05-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Wow running what would that be like. Maybe some day.

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-06-2004, 09:25 AM
CONGRATS TO EVERYONE fo your hard work!

Rikuume
05-06-2004, 01:03 PM
This isnt a post for me but my wife. She has been doing really great at loosing wieght for the last 2 months. Since she started she has lost over 20 pounds. I just want her to know how great she is doing, and that I know and see how great she is doing. Also want her to know that I love her very much. Im supposed to be on a diet to, but Im not doing that great =P No where near as good as her. She is determined and she is going to look so great, not that she already didnt. Love you beautiful! :D :coffee: wow these smileys are neat

barbygirl43
05-06-2004, 05:51 PM
I had to wait an hour to see the doc yesterday so I went to Wal-Mart--had to go there anyway and decided to try on clothes. I picked out about 3-4 different things all in size 22-24W and they all fit :D That's sure a change from a few months ago when I would go and hope and pray the 26-28w would fit at home and not even mess with a dressing room.

howie6267
05-06-2004, 06:16 PM
Good for you Dawnyal. That is one of the best feelings in the wrold. I have about 5 pair of pants I am waiting to get into again. I can't wait.

artist
05-07-2004, 03:52 AM
Hi guys.

Well, I'm not sure if this counts, but I'lle try and explain it anyway...

Last week, I had to go through a gruelling management assessment centre process, for a job I had applied for. Its a great job, and to my shock and surprise, I got it......and I really do think that I felt much more confident about the whole thing because I knew I looked good, and I feel great because of all the exercise I'm doing.

And the second thing......on the strength of the new job, I joined a much nicer health club.....and the new place is totally wonderful...and I was thinking yesterday how at home there I feel, and how I am happily trying out all of the classes.....I still have a long way to go to get fit, but I enjoy exercising, and it does not occur to me to feel out of place or self-conscious just because I am the largest person around......

Tammy32
05-07-2004, 02:46 PM
Congratulations to everyone on their NSV's for the month. Keep up the good work. Everyone is doing so well. :) :)

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-10-2004, 08:54 PM
I havnt had a NSV for a long time, but today I do. Tonight when I went to the center and hopped on the treadmill, I started out as usual, just walking. Then I decided to push it up a notch and jog. I never really could before, maybe for 30 seconds. Tonight though, I jogged at 5 MPH for 3 tenths of a mile!!! I know thats really not alot, but it ALOT more than I could do before!! :tread:

Jennelle
05-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Amy Jo --- That is REALLY a lot! :D You have the right to be proud of yourself! I am not a big jogger...I get horrible shin splints and then my legs ache for a week. I LOVE the elliptical trainer, though. :)

Tammy32
05-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Amy Jo, that is wonderful. I am not a strong jogger at all. Great job at pushing it up a notch!

Goddess Jessica
05-11-2004, 12:27 AM
Amy Jo,

I started jogging late last month. I started by running for one minute and walking for one minute and running for one minute and walking one, etc, etc. You will be AMAZED how fast you can improve. Now, I'm up to an hour with only 1/4 of it walking (about 4 miles total for me). You can sooooo do it. And the accomplishment of running something feels so concrete. It's a great feeling.

SuchAPrettyFace
05-11-2004, 02:09 AM
Congrats everyone!! :)

tolose85
05-11-2004, 10:27 PM
Congratulations to all of you. Tammy with her new "do".. Howie with the awesome food selections, Kari finishing the tape, SAPF being comfortable at the gym! That is such a great feeling...The 75#magnet for loosingit, BabyGirl with the "skinny" clothes! WHOOO HOO .. I hope I didn't miss anyone. Jillegal You did good too!! :) Its depressing when your team doesn't win.. :( And to everyone else for doing so great! My NSV is that I put on an outfit in my closet that I haven't worn for over 4 years! YEE HAW!

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Im finally out of the 20's! It was my Mothers day goal, but I was a few days late. I tried on jeans, capris, shorts, skirts, and regular twill pants in 18's and they ALL fit! Im SO excited. I had already gone down to 16 on top, so I was just checking the lower half. I wont but anything new till im in 16's on bottom. I really need to keep this up!
PS Congratulations to everybody on keeping up the great work!

Daners
05-26-2004, 12:05 AM
I had to jump on tonight and share this major NSV that happened tonight.

I was running late all day, leaving for three trips in a row, starting tomorrow, will be home one night between tomorrow and June 11th, trying to get all the work wrapped up and feel like things are under control. Haven't been to the gym this week because of nasty blisters on my heals from Saturday's walk to WW (stupid no-show socks).

So anyway, the gym closes at 10, it was 8:58 when I got in my car to head there. I really didn't want to go, almost just went home, but I went. Got on the treadmill, looking forward to seeing some of the Lakers game. Great, it's already halftime. So I turn up my tunes and get moving. I do a mix of walking between 3.5-4 mph and running at 5 mph on good days. So that's what I decided to do, and I about fell off the back of the machine when I looked after 14 minutes to see that I had done a mile. I made 2 miles in 29:20. I'm so freaking excited. I haven't done a sub-15 minute mile since jr. high. So that's my May NSV :)

howie6267
05-26-2004, 03:30 AM
That is fantastic Dana. I bet you feel so good about yourself. Keep up the great work.

dowsx4
05-26-2004, 07:33 AM
That is great dana! I can only run about 2 minutes before I have to back it off but I havent put the effort into it to really get up my running since I am going to have surgery in 2 weeks and wont be able to do it for a while afterwards. I would be very happy and proud if I could run a less than 15 mile!

barbygirl43
05-26-2004, 11:45 AM
That's super Dana. Keep up the good work. Before long you'll be telling us you have that mile down to under 10 minutes :D

Tammy32
05-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Way to go Dana, that is exciting!! It is great when we notice how much our endurance is building through out weight loss journey.

Amy Jo, I'm out of 20's too!! Last night I tried on my size 18 jeans and they fit!! I had tried them on a couple of weeks ago, and I could not get them buttoned at all. They fit great now. My baby is 7 months old now, and I thought for sure my belly was not getting any smaller. But, indeed it has, and I was so freaking excited. I still am!! It is a huge accomplishment for the both of us Amy Jo.

Congrats Gretchen on getting into clothes that you have had in the closet for ages. I have clothes I have held onto also and can't wait to get into again.

Jessica, good job with the jogging!! Like I have stated before that I can't jog for the life of me. I think a big bear would have to be chasing me to get me moving faster. Maybe in time I can build up some endurance for it.

artist
05-28-2004, 06:10 PM
OK. Its still just about May......I went shopping today and bought a really beautiful, very smart deep pink top and skirt.....in a size 20 (UK size). I cannot remember when I was last in a size 20....or when I last bought a skirt.....let alone anything in deep pink. Anyway, I am feeling just g-r-e-a-t!

tolose85
05-30-2004, 10:20 PM
OK... HUGE NSV for me, the almost last day of may! I went shopping yesterday, I am in 14's now but...On the way out of them.. I bought my first size 12 in over 10 years! I haven't been in a size 12 since 10th grade high school!!!!!!!!!! And instead of XL or 1 X tops, I am wearing a Large.. Very strange for me.. I am very busty! I am so happy.. I could have cried when I put those close on and they fit... :)

artist
05-31-2004, 04:10 AM
Hey Gretchen

Congratulations! You must be feeling absolutely fantastic.....all that hard work is paying off.....I hope that you are buying yourself some beautiful new clothes!

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-31-2004, 10:09 AM
CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERY ONE HERE!!!!!
:hat: :cheer: :encore: :dancer:
You are all so inspirational! Keep up the good work! Maybe Ill have a NSV to report soon. :crossed:

Tammy32
05-31-2004, 12:03 PM
That is awesome Gretchen. I am so proud of you, you are doing so well. When the clothes sizes start going down it is a true showing of all the hard work you are accomplishing. When I bought some new shirts the other day, because mine were to big, I was able to fit in an XL as opposed to a 2 or 3X. I know how great it feels!! I'm on my way out of size 18 jeans and it is exciting to me since I have not been in 16's in years.

I don't think the loss of the gym has hurt you any. It appears you have made up for it on your own!! Congratulations Gretchen!!

gonzostar
05-31-2004, 02:30 PM
on the last day of may, just had to get excited about the fact that when i go swing dacing now, not only do the good dancers ask me to dance, but i always get DIPPED at the end! i used to be so big they wouldn't even try!

tolose85
05-31-2004, 08:13 PM
That's awesome Holly!!!!!!!!!

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Tammy...by the way I forgot to mention before, I know what you mean about that baby fat! Even if I lose all the weight I want to, I doubt my tummy will ever be tight again. Oh well, I wouldnt trade her for a million bucks! She had her 1st birthday on Friday, and it seems like I just had her yesterday. Congratulations on your 18s! Its such a great feeling to fit into old jeans isnt it? Keep up the good work!

Safora
05-31-2004, 09:16 PM
My NSV for the end of May is that I decided to start this weightloss plan and that I have stuck to it for 3 days so far. (started 5/29)

Tammy32
05-31-2004, 09:34 PM
Holly, that must be the greatest feeling!! I'm happy that you are reaping the benefits of your weight loss!!

Amy Jo, I would not trade my children for anything either. It took a real toll on my tummy though. I don't think all the crunches in the world are ever going to make it flat again. I am holding out hope that that maybe I will get lucky and be able to get rid of a majority of it.

Victoria, Congrats on getting through your first days! I hope that you have smooth sailing from here on out. Well, mostly smooth sailing, because we all know that some days the waters are a little rough.