Support Groups - Chit Chat #46

View Full Version : Chit Chat #46

Jane
05-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the Jaded Ladies!!!

This is a very warm and friendly group of ladies who provide daily support in our walk towards a healthier lifestyle!! And we would love to have you join us,
so please stop in and chat awhile!!

Jana

Jane
05-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Good morning ladies, :wave:

Sue - I'm so glad you liked the cake! I take it to carry-ins all the time (especially in the summer) and people are surprised when they find out how points-friendly it is.

Angie - so sorry about your friend at work! You just never know.... and sometimes it just doesn't seem fair. About my TOM, no, I'm not concerned because I thought I had gone through menopause already. The women in my family go through it early. I am done already, so it lasted all of 2 days, lol. (TMI? lol)

Katiecat - wow, I copied the info your DH sent to Cristi. I have Windows XP and have trouble once in awhile. Some of us may have questions for him from time to time, lol.

Susan - hope the job training is going well.

Cristi - hope you get your computer fixed soon so you don't have to go to the library all the time. Been there, done that and it's no fun!

Marti - your grandma has been in my prayers that she doesn't suffer...

Hi also to RosieKate, Shanna, Kathy, Kayecee, Kat, and anyone I may have left out.

Well, since it is primary election day here in Indiana, the school where Mackenzie Jo goes is closed so I've got her for the day. We will work in the yard - she loves that - and go play with the twins. Also, she brought a couple of books with her, so I'll be the narrator, lol. This is the stuff I live for....

BBL,
Jana

Marti
05-04-2004, 10:14 AM
Just quickly.....

Cristi--I read in the paper that there IS a Virus going around and they described exactly what you described to us. It's called, "The Sasser Virus". Pretty much like the Worm we got last year.(the one that Katie described)

I hope you get your computer fixed soon!

Must go to school.....check in after.
Marti

da fat n da furious
05-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Marti, was going to say the same thing just saw something written about it.

Hope you all have a wonderful day,,,heading to work then to the gym. Even if it kills me!...lol

Angie

FrouFrou
05-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Good Morning Ladies~

Katie~thank you so much for the info. :thanks: I will definitely try it when I get home. We do have XP. We have tried everything and even talked with Dell last night, the guy didn't seem to know what he was doing. If the info you gave me doesn't work I will be on the phone with them today. I am going :crazy: without the computer!!!!

Marti~we are pretty sure it is a virus now, but it was funny that it just started this when we took the power hit. Hope you have a great day at school.

Jana~don't tell me that!! I haven't had a period since December and I am liking it! :) I hope I don't go that long and then start having one. Enjoy your day with McKenzie Jo. Hey, next you can come over and clean my patio furniture.

Was it RosieKate or Sue who maintained this week? Sorry ladies, can't remember what was said on the last thread. WTG on maintaining! :bravo: and yes, Jana it is good maintaining :lol: Although frustrating at times, I would much rather maintain than gain anyday.

Okay, I need to go check my mail and I only have a few minutes to go on this thing. My how an hour flies by.

Hi to everyone else. Take care and will try to write more in the next few days or so.

Mom2Gaby
05-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Morning-

Just popping in. I went and bought me (at Goodwill) a cute Laura Ashley tangerine knit top - along with a short pin strip skirt?? Tried it on and it looked ok.....hope it does- cause that is what I am wearing today.....lol

So, about your co worker- Ang. I went to Astoria and the saddest news was a 36 year old resident died of a heart attack. Anyway - after Brian's passing 2 years ago - just makes you appreciate every day.

Also- don't take your health for granted!!! sheeeesh- eat healthy and exercise!!!!

I better go- time is ticking - just wanted to say HI!!! Job is going GREAT!!! I have co worker now!! Yahooooooo

TTFN :)

Marti
05-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Posting quickly....

I am not feeling well at all today. :no: When I helped some friends move Sunday I started feeling like my allergies were going nuts from all the box dust, then yesterday I was just a big old sneezing hound with one teary eye (Aye Matey) :D and today, I started walking around the school for my exercise and after 20mins. I couldn't take it anymore. Makeup all gone on one side of my face, :fr: (hey, trying to make a fashion statement!!) And my throat is swelling up. So it's off to bed for me for a couple hours to see if that helps.

Just wanted to pop in so you wouldn't worry about little ol me.....ok, not so little....but you get what I'm saying!

Off to dream land.....****Lounging on the beach with my handsome husband, drinking a Margarita, me in a bikini with 6pack abs, buns of steel, legs that are to die for and a golden tan ........**** oops...dozed off there for a minute! :dizzy:

I'll try to check in later tonight

Marti

FrouFrou
05-04-2004, 07:32 PM
It took forever but I am back and the computer is fine-I think and hope! :crossed: It was a virus, so be careful ladies. We weren't sure at first because it messed up right after the lightning. It was bad and did burn up sons computer and our tv. After spending over an hour on the phone with Dell support, who could hardly speak english. No offense but if they are going to send the work overseas to India they should make sure they can speak clearly. I had the hardest time understanding the guy. But we did it and so far so good.

Hi Susan~glad the training is going good and you have a co-worker.

Katie~thanks for the info, it didn't work. I wish it would have, it would have saved me from the torture! :lol: I will however keep it around just in case I should need it.

Marti~I do hope you get to feeling better. Allergies are the pits! I don't get them bad very often, but the watery eye(s) is horrible. Seems like you it is always just the one eye, the right one. Wouldn't you think both would water?

I am also thinking about going back to AOL, so be looking for an e-mail ladies with my new email address soon. I am trying it out right now. We used to have it but for some reason they dropped one of the local numbers and we were having a hard time staying and getting online. It's kind of hard to service so many people with just one number. They had more, but there would have been long distance charges, no thank you. Now they have two local numbers again, yay! It seems a lot faster than MSN, we'll see.

Anywho, HI to everyone. I will try to be back later. If not tomorrow sometime. The computer has been down since Friday and we are all fighting for our time. Gonna have to make a sign up sheet! :lol: Okay, starting to ramble, just happy to be able to get on the 'puter. :D

Marti
05-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Cristi--Glad that you got the computer all fixed up! Why is it only the one RIGHT eye? Crazy isn't it? Right now I must look pathetic sitting at my computer leaking like a faucet!!

Well I took a nap and woke up THREE hours later!! My goodness. When I was at school, a woman gave me some allergie medicine (sudafed or something like that) she told me that 2 make her tired and one just makes the symptoms ease up....so I took one. Good thing I went home!! I knew I shouldn't have taken it....I can sleep easily on medicine that makes you sleepy!! Codeine is the worst!

Just wanted to pop in again to see what's up since last time I logged on....not much I see. What are all you girls up to today?????

Must go pop dinner in the oven.

Chat with you all tomorrow.
Marti

Jane
05-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Good evening ladies,

Marti - they sell some pretty good over-the-counter meds for allergies... hope you are feeling better! Had to laugh at your daydream, lol. You oughta start writing romance novels, lol.

Angie - it is so cool that your job offers a free gym! And it's even cooler that you're actually using it! :cool:

Cristi - YAY for getting the computer up and running! Makes you really appreciate it, doesn't it? I wanted to kiss mine when it came back from the 'puter doctor, lol.

Susan - wow, a new job that you like, a new co-worker that you like, and a new outfit that you like! How lucky are you, girlfriend??

Had a great day with Mackenzie but have to admit I was ready for her to go home with her momma, lol. That's one of the perks of being a grandma, lol.

Just for the record, I've been drinking all the wadder I should, and then some! And I've been getting some exercise... (that's all I'll say about exercise) Oh please please please let me show a loss this week!

See ya tomorrow... :wave:
Jana

suetalks
05-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Good evening to you too Jana. Yes, the cake was spectacular...even tonight when I ate another piece. A nice change from the usual jello treat.
Marti- I also have allergies and they are the pits. I wear contact lenses also which doesn't help the eyes when allergies strike. Feel better soon!
Christi-Glad the computer is fixed. I just downloaded the patch that is supposed to keep me safe, but really who knows what I downloaded. They could do anything...lol. I am such a computer novice.

It is still rainy and chilly here. I spent the morning doing the shopping and running around with hubby. This afternoon I cleaned some and walked with my gal pal. ALl I really want to do on these gloomy days is curl up with a book, an afghan and a cup of tea.
Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer. I really need to do yard work, but it is too wet.
See you all tomorrow.

Sue

Mom2Gaby
05-04-2004, 11:39 PM
Evening!!

Sorry- Sue. I missed where you are from?? Maybe you did a Bio?? Anyway- kind of misty here but overall the weather has been great.

Sorry- Marti....about the allergies! Alex had those a lot and I always said I would pray for him- a lot of good THAT did me.The allergies went away for him but he went away from me,,,,,,lol....haha- humor guys.

I didn't mean I just have 1 co worker. I meant that is is nice to have co workers overall. It was lonely in the evenings. I have had several people say how nice I look in my $9.98 outfit!! lol YAY- Goodwill. I am going to have to go back out in the morning and find me something to wear for tomorrow.
S, my boss has been great- he liked how fast I entered data...lol.....I told him I only type 25 wpm- but maybe with all my picking I am faster now??
Anyway-having a great day!!

I had a terrible tension headache - had to go to Freddies and buy some tylenol on my dinner break- bought some turkey and an orange for dinner- along with a hard boiled egg.

I better go- need to get the Gabster-

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYECEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee

HI!!!!! :)

SqueakMouse
05-05-2004, 09:47 AM
Happy birthday Kayecee!!!!! Or should I say happy birthday Mrs. Never posts!! What are you trying to do, keep up with me or something??? hee hee I am just terrible about reading and forgetting to post.
Jana : crossing my fingers for a weightloss for you this week. You are doing soooo good. I started WW, (again!!) yesterday. Doing good so far and since I started my new job I have been drinking water like it is going out of style. I made the garden veggie WW soup yesterday ( double batch) to eat for my dinners and lunches. It is such a good soup and it has NO points, which is wonderful!!! Got to love that. So I am crossing my fingers this time it will work better and I will stick with it. I was wanting to lose thirty pounds, but i am settling for 20 for now. That might be more realistic knowing me and my bad habits. we shall see. You are my inspiration though.
Cristi: hey there missy, I lost your new address ( mailing on that is) could you PM me it so I can update my addresses. that would be vunderbar!!! :-) Glad to see you computer is back running. I am glad I am part of this forum, because my boyfriend got the bug, but didn;t know it and he was getting pissed off at his computer shutting down every five seconds and didn't know what was going on. I have to admit it was kind of funny to watch him scream at his computer. I am soooo bad. hee hee.
Susan: Good to see you are liking your new job position. That is always nice to not dread and hate what you are doing. Although most people do not completely love their job, that is probably why it is called work and not fun. Hope your headache is better.
Marti: you know you are in my thoughts and I will talk to you soon. So be afraid, be very afraid. HEEE hee , clue in Jaws theme music. I am coming to get ya. hee hee. I think I am delirious from lack of sleep that I am cracking myself up and no one else. Coffee, must get coffee!!!!
To every one else I missed, hope you have a great day: all the susies and katies, angies, etc, etc.
chow for now!!!

RosieKate
05-05-2004, 10:55 AM
:coffee: Lots of this today. I went to my first board meeting for DD's co-op last night and didn't get home 'til late. She doesn't start until fall, but they wanted a meeting with outgoing and incoming board members, so off I went. It was a little tough, as I am just getting used to the idea that my baby wiil be in preschool in the fall, then the Board meeting just made me confront reality much sooner than I wanted. Ahh, time marches on....feels like I just had her yesterday...

Christi - I'm glad your computer is back up, but I think there is definitely something virus-like in the ether. I've been getting more than my fair share of questionable emails, and Norton has been flagging them. It's disturbing to say the least. Ladies, make sure you are not opening any attachments unless you are absolutely sure about who sent them!

Kayecee - Don't know you yet, but Happy Birthday!

Jana - Glad you had fun with your granddaughter. My MIL babysat yesterday so I could go to the dentist. When I came home, DD (who is 2) was calling her "Grandmama" which sent her over the edge! She's such a great grandma... bet you are, too! I hope my kids make me a grandma someday.

Susan - I just love Goodwill! Your post reminds me that I need to go get some shorts for the summer. Your outfit sounds cute and great for the office.

Marti - are your allergies getting better? I felt for you. DH gets hayfever real bad. He gets an allergy kit OTC fro Kaiser that's effective for him, and cheap. One pill is a decongestant and one pill is an antihistamine taken at the same time. I take them when I have a bad cold, and it works. knocks me for a loop, but sometimes it's worth it :lol: I missed Idol last night :( DH thinks George is going...who do you think is going? I'm liking Fantasia more every week....hope she did well last night.

Hope I got everyone, if not, here's to making it half way through the week. I baked cookies yesterday and ate too many....Sigh. Gonna get that walk in today!

Cheers,
RosieKate

Marti
05-05-2004, 12:34 PM
Hello girls--

Should be in school but I took the day off! James told me to go to bed early last night (if you consider 10:30 early) and so I did, and this morning he asked me if I was going to school (but in a tone that was saying "your not going to school today right") and I told him no. And went back to sleep....ended up waking up at 9:00!! That's late! Even on weekend I'm up at 7:30 or 8:00...... I don't think it's just allergies anymore, I believe it's downright a head cold!! ****sigh****

Only Shanna and RosieKate posting this morning??

Shanna--You're going to do great on WW!! I just can feel it! I'm sending you **weightloss** vibes your way!!

RosieKate--AI was ok...I think they all did good, but I think George did better than Jasmine.....but who knows....I think all the singers are much better than that Justin Guarini from the first season! I never liked his singing!! My favorite is Fantasia.......

Oh...my head....Well I think I'm going to go plop my butt on the couch. I need to get some energy so I can go to town today. I want to buy a birthday cake for James. Have it all out for when he comes home tonight.

:gift: :hb: :balloons: Happy Birthday to Kayecee!!! :balloons: :gift: :hb:

I'll try to check in later girls

Marti

FrouFrou
05-05-2004, 02:28 PM
And...a very :hb: :gift: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Miss Kayecee:gift: :hb: wherever she is!

Today was my usual trip to Wal-Mart, boy there sure were a lot fo people there for some reason. Of course I parked and realized I forgot my list! :mad: Just not in a goo dmood today after fighting with a stinking migraine last night. I was going to get on but after watering the grass a little more, came inside and went to bed at 9:15. The only way I can get rid of a migraine is to lay down in a dark, quiet room with an ice pack or cold rag on my head. No amount of aspirin or pain pills will help.

So we finally got the grass Monday as promised. And because we weren't pleased with the seeding job they did they re-did that at no expense. We didn't expect them to do that, but I am glad they did because now there is twice the seed so it should come in thick. Now to keep it from drying out till it gets started good. Going to be hard because it is supposed to get up to 90 today and pretty much the rest of the week. Now I am wishing for rain!

Jana~yes, you would not believe how dependent we are on this computer, isn't that terrible?! I remember when we got our first computer a few years ago and the kids couldn't stay off of it. They would ask me if I wanted on and I said no. didn't know too much and wasn't interested. How things have changed since then. I have withdrawals I swear if I don't get on. It's like going a day with out a diet coke!! :lol:

Shanna~consider it done missy-look for a pm with my new address, and email address. WTG on joinging WW! :bravo: I haven't tried that soup yet but I am going to have to. I like that it has no points!

Marti~I do hope you get to feeling better. I don't know why it is always the right eye, but it is weird. My son has allergies bad and takes Claritin (sp?) that he buys over the counter now. Used to have to have a prescription. It works for him except when it is real bad, then he goes and gets a shot. When he had to have a prescription for the Claritin he would go to the doctor and the guy would give him a bag of them so he wouldn't have to buy any. I just buy tylenol allergy or tylenol allergy/sinus, it works good for me. Anyway get better.

Rosiekate~I always tell my friends to enjoy the kids while they can because yes they do grow up too fast. I miss mine being little, now they are all grown up, but still fun. I love to look at photos of them when they were small, so cute.

Susan~you find a lot of good deals at the goodwill, can't beat a $10 outfit! I am sorry that Alex went away, hey it's his loss. One day he will wake up and realize that he is missing out and it will be too late. I'm sure another Alex will come along and be the one for ya.

Hi Angie, Kathy, Sue, Katie, Kat, Kayecee and anyone I may have missed.

I need to get going and go move the sprinkler in the back and go vacuum. Geez, I made a mess yesterday and need to finish laundry, possibly get some ironing done or not. :) Maybe save the ironing for tomorrow. I have to get up and go for therapy tomorrow morning early, finally rescheduled that. Well, take care ladies and have a great day. :wave:

da fat n da furious
05-05-2004, 03:18 PM
Hello to all

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYCEE!!!

Marti,,,horrible to have a cold,,specially in the spring/summer
rest take lots of fluids,,,see ya in the morning

Susan, Im so glad work is going well for you...and the tangerine color would look great on you perfect coloring for you.

Jana, Ive been told being a grandma is great cause of that reason,,,you can always send them home!

Hello to everyone else....

Did voice lessons this morning and have learned a new song,,,Me and Bobby McGee...janis joplin...funny really cause that music never did anything for me but...so far so good.

Brandon had another toe exam..so far so good there too,,,eeewww its healing nicely. Better be,,,thousand bucks later it better be.

Went shopping bought Monte a watch for our anniversary... I then went to Winners and tried on shoes...found a couple of pairs...but I refuse to get anything...going to start rewarding myself after Ive lost weight. Every 10 lbs or something like that.
7 more days till i find out if Im in the show...hte that.,,,doing the count down thing...and the thing is,,,they said they will only call the ones they picked so if I don't get a call...*sad I wasn't picked.
well better get some work done around here...
cheers to you all!
Angie

suetalks
05-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Good afternoon.
I have been doing nothing but housework all day...so am taking a break. We have an appraiser coming to look at the property as we are planning to sell. Thought I should make sure it was clean. :)

Maybe I can tell you a little more about "us." My Mr. was able to retire 4 years ago at the tender age of 54. We are enjoying our retirement, even if we do spend way too much time together. ha. We bought a small place in Las Vegas and spend our winters there. When we are there we never eat much at home and run around ALOT. So when we are back here he spends most all of his time in the garage working on his furniture projects. He builds beautiful things. I, on the other hand have no one great passionate hobby so I spend my time reading, sewing, computing and watching the boob tube. Mostly reading, so I guess that is my one great passion.

We are in the process of trying to build a smaller home to live in the rest of our summers here in IN. Our home now is one we built shortly after we married and we needed a big house then. I had 2 girls, he had a son. Together we had a son. Yours, mine and ours type family. It is just too large for the two of us. Hubby is tired of keeping up with the large yard and the home repairs that normal wear and tear cause. I am ready for something new.

Okay, I have rambled....sorry.

Sue

suetalks
05-05-2004, 04:11 PM
And did I mention I can not type well...and punctuation ? Forget about it. :)

suetalks

Marti
05-05-2004, 05:08 PM
Hello again ladies--

Well I have to say, that I am feeling much better already! I've been drinking water like crazy... :dizzy: (In my mind I keep thinking "FLUIDS--DRINK LOTS OF FLUIDS" to get rid of this) and it may be helping. And all the sleeping I've been doing. I absolutely hate not being up to say goodbye and have a good day to James before he leaves. :( Especially on his Birthday!!! I forgot!! I feel bad. So I may attempt to leave a text message on his phone to let him know. But I do plan on having a cake and a nice dinner for when he does get home!! :love: :love:

Sue--It sounds like you and your honey are going to have a nice cozy home once you're done building! That'll be nice to have to spend the rest of your days in. What is the weather like in the summer in IN? James and I would love to someday buy my grandparents home so we have a place to spend the rest of our time in. Plus, my grandma would love to have family stay in the house. It's a large home, but not so large that we would feel overwhelmed to keep up with.

Angie--I'm keeping my fingers crossed :crossed: that you get that phone call. How exciting that will be. I think it's great that you talked someone into letting you have a free gym membership!! Can you come over here and do a little sweet talking for me?? :^: I miss having the gym!!

Cristi--I am so with you on the computer thing!! :comp: When James and I first got the computer I didn't get on it hardly at all! I felt like I had no need to. Then once I found 3FC...I feel the need to be here and check in on my "cyber family"!! :grouphug: Now it's more like James walking in saying he needs to use the computer for a little while.

Susan--You have me wanting to go to Goodwill and check out some clothes!! I'm ready for some new shirts. Summer tops at least! And since I don't wear shorts, I would like to find some cute capri's!! When I'm feeling better I will venture on over there.

Jana--I'll keep my fingers crossed that you see a lost this Saturday. :crossed: I'm hoping to see mine drop back down to 150. I will be happy with that. If not, then it's time for me to consider more drastic action!! What that could be I don't know!! :lol: I'm going to have to up my exercise as soon as I start feeling better. Nothing like doing exercise when you feel your head is going to explode!

Shanna--I'll be looking forward to your call. Or e-mail, or whatever you have in mind!! Jaws music??? :yikes: Oh no! Should I be frightened that you're going to bite me?? hee-hee

RosieKate--You baked cookies and didn't send any my way??? :fr: Oh wait....that would be one reason why I would see my scale going up rather than down....so go ahead and keep those cookies!! (or maybe just send me one) :D

Hello :wave: to Katie, Kathy, Rita, Kayecee and the rest....(sorry if I forgot to put down your name)

I think I better get myself to town and buy a cake. (no baking for me) You all have a great rest of the day and I may pop in later.......oh who am I kidding, I know I'll pop in later!!

Oh yeah, before I forget.....RosieKate & Sue....if you are sharing e-mail or home address, I would also like to have them. It's always nice to keep contact with one another when this site goes down for adjustments and stuff! So PM if you would like to share and I will respond by giving you mine.

Take Care
Marti

Jane
05-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Holey Moley, I miss 1 morning and look at the posts!!! :D

Kayecee - Happy 37th Birthday!!! :gift: :cp: :balloons: Hope you got the birthday card I sent.....

Sue - we sure are having good weather in my part of Indiana today! Not a cloud in the sky, and temps close to 80. Speaking of desserts, I often make a 3 WW point fruit smoothie that is sooooo good! Blue Bunny makes a ff, sf ice cream that I use for a base, and add any frozen fruit, a little milk and Splenda to taste. Mmmm. Btw, I am also an avid reader and enjoy John Grisham, Sue Grafton, Maueve Binchey, and many, many others. Who are some of your favorites?

Susan - hope you got rid of the tension headache and that you found another cool outfit at Goodwill.

Shanna - I'm so glad you joined WW again! Are you doing it at home, or going to meetings? Like you, I really enjoy the 0 point soup.

RosieKate - I never do open forwarded email and am very hesitant about anything with an attachment. I learned the hard way! Yes. I love being a grandma. My heart truly feels like it will burst with love for the grandkids, and they bring tears of joy to my eyes on a regular basis. It sounds so corny, but it's true - I just love them to pieces!

Marti - awww, hope you are feeling better! Tell James I said happy birthday and that the Jaded Ladies are going to get together and give him a whippen, lol.

Cristi - hope you are over the migraine! I have heard how awful those are, so I feel for you, Cristi. Good luck with the therapy tomorrow. Glad your yard is all seeded! It will be up before you know it.

Angie - I used to love Janis Jolpin's music. She could belt 'em out like crazy. Her rendition of "Take another little peice of my heart" was so good! It is so odd that you mentioned a 10# reward, because I am getting real close to 40 pounds, and this means I get a new charm on my bracelet. Remember that? I will post a picture of it soon.

Okay, I am so excited I could burst!! We have moved our Disney trip from March of next year to October of this year... we wanted to avoid the Spring Break crowds and guess how much we saved on airline tickets due to changing dates... $75.00 EACH!! So for 12 of us, that is $900.00 saved!! We are getting them for $150.00 each round trip, non-stop to Orlando from Indianapolis by going through the group rate office at ATA airline out of Indy - the airline we always use for Dis. :cp: :cp: :cp: So I called Disney and modified our reservations, too. We'll be staying at Pop Century at Dis, in the 60's building, right by the Hippy Dippy Pool, lol!! Thank goodness I've got all the park-hopper tickets already bought! Woo-hoo!!!!

Whew, just typing that wore me out!

BBL,
Jana

Mom2Gaby
05-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Afternoon-

WOW everyone is checking in today! Except our birthday girl.....and some others- like Katie-Kathy- Rita........ugh- going to leave someone out- sooooooo sorry. I will just keep my mouth shut!! lol

Thanks to Cristi & Jana for the cards!! VERY nice to recieve.

CONGRATS on joining WW , Shanna!!! :)

Happy Birthday to James :)

Just curious how old your children are Sue?? Did you do a bio and do we have a picture?? lol - so off the loop- sorry.

YAY- Goodwill. I usually go to Beaverton's RosieKate.......though the one near me has the best shoes.
I just bought a baby blue short sleeve knit top(2.99)- don't know the brand but it went with some Vanderbilt capris that I had from eons ago. Capris kind of have powder blue roses on them- so that is what I wore today.
*sigh* If I had time I would have done my toenails ......details,details....lol

I MUSt say Gabster was horrible in the store!! We went to Staubucks and I bought her a yogurt - which she managed to open the short 2 blocks down to Goodwill and inhaled half of it- got some of it in her hair. She didn't want to get out of the car.- on and on she went.Oh--- went under the door at the dressing rooms and wouldn't open the door for me.......lol

I had a banana,wheat bread w/ peanut butter half the yogurt and a hard bolied egg- turkey meat,cottage cheese, an orange,an apple,and a bag of frozen veggies today.I might have something else - depends if I feel hungry later on.

My supervisor was out in meetings today so my headache went away- he is waaaaaaaaay too intense for me....lol. I just had our secretery back in the office and she talked with the guys - on and on she went.She is 28 and leaves next week with the super to another location.

I love Me and Bobby MeGee- my fave song. I have her greatest hits CD- don't listen to it much but Joplin is great :)

Ok- better get back to work!!

EVERYONE take care- super on your Disney trip, Jana!! Sounds exciting......

suetalks
05-05-2004, 10:20 PM
Just a quick reply. Then off to bed here.
Susan- My children are daughters, 39 and 35, son 24 and step-son 33. I have a grandson graduating high school this month. EEK! I did the bio but have not done a picture.

Jana- Good weather here also today and supposed to continue now throught the week-end. The smoothie sounds very good. Seems like if I can snack I do better so need lots of "legal" yummies.

Marti- I hope you can someday buy your grandma's house. That would be cool. I wish one of our kids would want our house since we built it, but 3 of them will probably never come back to IN to live. Our daughter who lives here has 11 acres to build her house on.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Sue

Marti
05-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Evening ladies--

I went to spend some time with my grandma. Actually I spent time with the family that was there for support. We all talked about the good memories we've had with her. Every once in awhile we would walk into her room and talk. I didn't go in there until I left, I wanted my grandpa to have as much time with her alone as he could. He sat next to her and talked to her and read to her. Some of my aunts said that she wasn't responding at all to anyone so I wasn't sure what to expect, but when James and I went in there, she became alert long enough for me and him to tell her we loved her and to thank her for everything she has every done for us. She said she loved us too and that we were welcome. So I made sure to tell the rest that even though she may not respond, she does hear us and to go back in and talk to her.

I plan on e-mailing my instructors at school tonight to let them know that I may not be in for the rest of the week. I would rather be close to my family. We all want to be there for grandpa. Let him know that he has support. It's so hard on him. His first wife died of cancer also.

Ok, before we all start crying......

I sent James off to bed early! He was falling asleep. He actually got off earlier today which was very nice. I bought him a cake and some ice-cream. And bad me had a piece!! But I am going to try and limit that! I don't want my waist to expand anymore than it already has!! I think that I should feel well enough to go for a walk tomorrow morning. I may just walk all the way to grandma's house. She only lives 2 miles from me. (that's a big maybe though) only because who knows how long I will stay and I don't like walking in the dark.

Ok ladies....I'm off to e-mail my instructors.

Chat with you all tomorrow.

Marti

Jane
05-06-2004, 07:20 AM
Morning Ladies,

Susan - the super who drives you crazy - is he the one that's leaving, hopefully? Your new top sounds very pretty! And wow you are eating so healthily! Feels good, doesn't it?

Sue - I have 2 snacks a day and like you, I try for healthy stuff. Sometimes a bowl of cereal hits the spot, lol.

Marti - how much longer does your school meet? Neal is giving finals all week, then VU is closed til summer school starts. He teaches the second session, but he'll have a nice break til right after July 4th. Glad you got to spend some time with your grandma and grandpa.

Just going shopping today and going to make 2 valances for the playroom Mary is fixing up at her house for the girls.

BBL,
Jana

Marti
05-06-2004, 08:54 AM
Morning ladies--

Well my cat is having kitties!! Anyone want one? She has three so far! James came into the room and asked if I was awake and I said "yep, just getting the energy to get out of bed why?" "There are kitties outside" My oh My!! Two black and one kind of calico-y.

Today my plans are to get what homework that I need to turn in (over the computer) finished. Then go to my grandparents and stay awhile. There is this pamphlet that was left by the hospice, the stages a body goes through before death, and my grandma was in the "day before" stage yesterday, they even have hours before.......I just kind of want to be there today.

The pamphlet was very helpful for all of us to understand where she is at. We've been watching signs.

I better get myself going with my day. I will pop in later tonight or this afternoon.

Take Care
Marti

FrouFrou
05-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Good Morning Ladies~

Marti~big (((((((HUGS))))))) to you and your family. I feel for you and please know my thoughts and prayers are with you all. I too would rather be with family right now than at school. A Happy belated Birthday to James. :hb: Oh Marti, I would love to have a kitty but can't. DS#1 (Jason) has allergies and having a cat would kill him!

Jana~how exciting! That is going to be so much fun, the whole family going to Disneyworld. I do hope you see a loss this week, I think you will.

Susan~you are welcome for the card. If I wasn't so big, I would check out the Goodwill. Not sure they have big sizes, but then I won't know if I don't go and look right?? Your outifts sound so nice, and I love capri's.

Angie~love, love, love Janis Joplin! And Jana, I think Take another little piece of my heart is my favorite! I don't know what it is about her voice but I love it. Keeping my fingers crossed :crossed: that you get the call.

Hi to everyone else. :wave:

I best get on with the day. Had breakfast and am watering the grass. Made the bed and now I need to get dressed. Have a couple of errands to run and that's about it. I am so glad I don't have to go to the library to get on the computer. Anyway, take care ladies and everyone have a wonderful day.

Katiecat
05-06-2004, 11:03 AM
OK, this is gonna take some getting used to. Tim used to work until 11pm, come home at 11:30 and expect me to eat dinner with him, play video games, watch movies, and uh..."play tiddly winks", if ya know what I mean. ;) :lol: Which is all well and good, except that he'd keep me up until 3am or later, when I had to get up at 7. Well, now he has to be at work at 7am...so I am hitting the snooze alarm at 5:40, staggering around the kitchen at 6am, cramming bagels in the toaster and trying to see the coffeemaker to try to help him get out the door on time. Have I ever mentioned I am not a morning person?!? :tired: Yeah, I thought so. Two days ago I blearily made my way to the coffeemaker, hit the button to turn it on, and then went to check email. About 20 min later, Tim comes out and says, "Uh..did you just turn this on? If not, then it's broken." We both stood there helplessly, pathetically, practically begging it to stop fooling around and give us our :censored: dang coffee!!! Ah, but now I'm happy. He stopped at Walmart that night on his way home from work and got us a new coffeemaker with a clock and a timer that turns itself on before we even roll out of bed. Heaven! :coffee:

:hb: Happy Birthday Kayecee and James! :gift:
We miss ya, Kayecee, hope to see you back soon.

Marti, you are NOT bad for having a piece of James' birthday cake. If you sat down and ate the whole thing :eating2: then you could scold yourself. Just make sure you eat healthy today and keep drinking your water, and you'll be fine. I am so glad your grandma knew you were there and responded to you, and that you have you have your family members there close by. And hope your feeling better soon, hon. If James tells you to stay home from school and rest, he knows best, so don't give him any trouble! ;)

Cristi, glad your puter is up and running again! Tim was pretty sure it was Blaster or Sasser or some similar type of virus. Too bad his suggestions didn't work so you would have been saved the hassle, but it's kind of hard to tech a puter when you aren't talking to the person and don't even know what operating system they are running :?: :dizzy: :D I'm just glad you got a decent tech to help you get it back on track. And yep, most tech support is going to India. Tim was a master tech at the internet company where he worked, and they shut down the call center and sent all the jobs to India. Isn't that lovely. :rolleyes:

Jana, keep hanging in there! If there is a loss this week, great! If you stayed the same, that's good too -- think of all you've lost and KEPT OFF! Your body is just trying to recalibrate and adjust. And if the scale shows anything else...then it's either all that water you've been drinking, or the exercise is building muscle!!! :lol: If you have hit a plateau, have you ever tried the Wendy variation of WW? I had asked about that once, and I think you are the one that explained it to me?

Shanna, glad things are looking brighter for you! You sound much happier and less stressed :D I've misplaced the 0 point soup recipe -- could you post it or PM it to me?

RosieKate, baking is my Achilles' Heel. I've tried to only bake when I'm taking it to work, or when my teenagers will be here to inhale it. I've also tried baking only 6 cookies at a time, and giving 3 to my husband, then freezing the rest of the dough before I eat it all! :lol: That actually seems to work the best to save me from myself...

Susan, you need to do one of those reality shows about dressing fashionably on a dime. Your outfits sound so cute :) I love thrift store shopping and garage saling...never seem to find clothes to fit my Amazon frame, though...

Angie, keeping fingers crossed about the show for ya! :crossed: :lucky: Glad Brandon's toe is getting better...

Hi Sue! We have the same picture of paradise...I wish I could curl up with an afghan and a book too, but now I have to run to work...

See ya soon, ladies!
Katie

FrouFrou
05-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Okay, so I am back. :D

Hi Katie~yep, it was the Sasser virus. Funny, ds was just telling me about the jobs going over to India and then I read an article in the paper about it the next day. Supposedly some companies are bringing the work back because they are not up on computers like people thought they were. And this was an Indian saying this stuff. Cracks me up though how so many companies are going overseas to save a few bucks. Makes you wonder what is going to happen here if it continues. DH job sent work to Mexico and about 200 people or so lost their jobs. It really is sad.

Jana~thank you for the card. :thanks: I didn't think they made packaged Mothers Day cards, I looked and didn't see any anywhere. But I had just bought those flower cards and thought they would be pretty for Mother's Day.

Well, Hi to everyone else again.

Can you tell I am bored?! Guess I better go find something to do. See ya later...

Mom2Gaby
05-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Good Afternoon-

I don't have much time to write at the moment.

Just many HUGS for you Marti!! I am sure it is stressful for your whole family.Prayers for your grandmother and that you all have peace of mind :)

Katie- I am not a morning person either!! Gabster forces me to wake up though. Cute , because a few mornings ago she was smiling at me and pointed to my face and named my nose,ear,hair,eyes....over and over....lol
She is soooooooooooo cute.

Need to spend more time with Rebecca and Rachel- only see them for a few minutes a day right now :(.........bought Rebecca her favorite poppyseed muffins........but need to have them this weekend and be a mommy!!! :)

Jana- The supervisor is leaving- Mr.Intense :) I DO like him though and have learned soooooo much from him. It was boring yesterday with him gone. He has a great story of living here has a boy , moving into maintenance and now is in charge of the whole west side of the city. Other employees complain that he is too hands on but I don't think so- he just wants things done right.
Also- he thinks my typing is good.......lol- so I like him.

Goodwill here has plus sizes.........go look Cristi!!! They have cute things - found a wonderful Bullock dress but a size 4.........ya,right. I am never going to be a 4 - even when I get to goal........lol

I was 145 thid morning!!! YAY-

I better go-

Talk later..........

SqueakMouse
05-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Just a quick post right now. Marti's grandmother died today, so marti will not be posting the rest of this week and weekend. Let's send her love and good vibes her way and hope that her family make it through this rough time as best as possible.

Katiecat
05-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Shanna...Marti and her family will be in our prayers.

Jane
05-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Evening Ladies,

Marti - when you do read this, know that my thoughts and prayers have been with you and your family. Having just been through losing Fern and Deborah, I truly understand what you're going through. Your wedding pictures and memories will mean even more now.....

Shanna - thanks for telling us about her grandma. I know you'll be there for her - you're a good buddy, Shanna.

Cristi - thanks for your card, too! I got it today, and it is very pretty. The ones I sent weren't packaged. I bought them individually, but they weren't expensive.

Katiecat - we have a coffeemaker like that, too, with a timer, and since our room is close to the kitchen, I can smell it when I wake up, and mmmmm it sure is nice. Yes, I am the one who you were talking to about Wendy, and I sort of do that type of diet all the time. When I eat on the low end one day, my body needs a little more the next. I truly think that the problem is that this is where my weight was for several years and my body likes it here! Kind of a "set point".

Susan - YAY for the loss!! :cp: You've been doing so well, and have been very humble about the big loss you had last year. So is the new supervisor someone you're gonna like?

Watched the final Friends episode a litte while ago. Awwwww, so sweet. I got a lot done today - sorted through some more clothes and also got all my shopping done. I weather was gorgeous once again so I spent some time enjoying it.

See you tomorrow,
Jana

Mom2Gaby
05-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Evening-

I am sorry Marti- what sad news. Many thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Hi Katie :)

Thanks, Shanna for letting us know- I am with Jana- you are a wonderfuk friend to Marti- so glad you have each other down south :)

Hi Jana! I like my supervisor, I think he is a decent person, very family focused- does soccer with his kids. He called tonight as he was getting home and I could hear his 2 year old jabbering in the background.He said "ohhhhh, can you hear her? Isn't she cute?".....lol
He was the one that offered to take Gabrielle along to a family birthday that one night I had to bring her to work.He is about 42- 44.....somewhere in there and very much married- just a good person. I think - at least.
My own boss is out sick - has been almost a month now. He will come back next week part time. He is a strong family man also , in his 50's. He has always been nice ot me- so I really am having fun working!!

The only single man is our maintenance person- he might be 38 to 40ish- not sure.He is nice too.....if I bat my eyes maybe he will ask me out?? lol

You think I am humble?? I don't know- always enjoy talking about myself ..lol
The 110 weight loss was back in 2000- so that has been awhile. I have gone from 164 to 145 today-anyway- feel tons better!!

Better go get my Gabster- can't wait to see the girls- miss them!!

da fat n da furious
05-07-2004, 12:49 AM
Thanks for letting us know Shannon,

Sending prayers to you Marti....

Ang

da fat n da furious
05-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Had a rough show tonight one of the cast members literally forgot her lines...stood there...I have never seen that done before. Other then with lil kids...
poor woman cried after...

Cristi, thank you so much for the card! I feel so bad,,,I again missed sending out cards. I am going to send out,,,just because cards in the middle of some week.

Susan I am so glad you are likeing your job.

Well off to bed I go,,,night all
Angie

Jane
05-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Good morning ladies,

Susan - yes, I think you are very humble about your weight loss. If I ever get all 100 pounds off, I'll probably wear a banner or something, lol. Also, your 20 pound recent loss is fantastic! Btw, are you going to try going back to the church meetings? I think it would be good for you to meet other people in that kind of a setting. About the maintenance man, maybe you can find out more about him....

Angie - wow, I feel for the lady that forgot her lines. She has to be feeling real humiliated. At Katie's high school, a German exchange student forgot his lines in the play they recently did, and skipped ahead to a whole other part. It threw everyone else off, but they went with it. He is such a cutie and somehow it didn't seem so bad since he is just a student.

Hi to the others.

BBL,
Jana

FrouFrou
05-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Aaaahhhh, Marti, I am saddened by the news of your grandma. Please except my deepest sympathy to you and your family, and lots of ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) :grouphug: :grouphug: Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Take care sweetie.

Angie~you are welcome for the card, and don't feel bad. I had bought those cards a while back and thought they would be nice Mother's Day cards, because of the pink and flowers, and a nice little surprise to you all. I hope that lady didn't feel too bad. I can remember how horrible it always was for me to just stand in front of a crowd, but to forget lines, I would be humiliated.

Susan~you too are welcome for the card. I keep saying I am going to go check out the Goodwill, but have yet to do it, and it is right around the corner.

Jana~ooops, sorry about thinking the cards were packaged, not sure why I thought that. And you too are welcome for the card. This little Hallmark around the corner didn't have any cards for friends for Mother's Day which I thought was odd, and neither did Walgreens. So, while I was online looking at Lang I saw those cards. I just love all their cards and staionery.

Shanna~yes, thanks for passing the info on about Marti and her grandma. Let her know she is in our thoughts and prayers if you check back before she does.

Katie~I just bought DH a new coffee maker for his birthday. I know, not a great gift but something he needed. He sets the timer to have it ready when he gets out of the shower and it smells sooooo very good. The only thing I am not a coffee drinker, can't stand the stuff. I have to have my diet coke. Funny, how most of us are not morning people. I have never been, but have been getting up early since the kids were born. Okay, take that back. Now that they are older I sleep in a little later, till 8 or 9. Just depends on what's going on that day. Okay, I am babbling :blah: :blah: :blah:

Not much going on. We and did a little shopping to get some ground cover to put in between the roses, and some mulch. We still have a little more to do in the front and then will wait to start on the back in the fall. That's about all I have done today. Planted the stuff, did a little bit of ironing, and I mean a little bit! :lol: Now doing some laundry. Was outside for a little bit and it is hot and dry and the wind is blowing-YUCK!

Hi to everyone else. See ya ladies tomorrow. Good luck to everyone on their WI's tomorrow. :goodscale: :crossed: TTFN

Mom2Gaby
05-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Evening :)

It is so peaceful with everyone gone!! lol- It was very busy today and I leanred some more- mainly on the computer. I mean, I managed my own property for 10 years I know how to recertifiy.
The computer is a challenge but really am happy to learn!!! :)
Going to enjoy the weekend with the girls, I have missed them so much this last week.
We'll do something fun and celebrate Mothers Day.
I will say I didn't mail out cards to everyone here,feel bad about that but the time just has gone by soooooooo fast- totally forgot this weekend was Mothers Day. *sigh*

Hi Jana, Angie and Cristi!! Very quite without our Marti- hope she is doing ok....miss her.

Jana- Umm.......I did have my "Lost over 100 pound" banner for awhile but others got tired of hearing it....lol. Teasing. I had my fair share of attention when I lost that much weight. It was a crazy,crazy time. One, my marriage ended, the girls were distraught. I was distraught-
I did get into the local paper - which the local ABC-Portland station somehow got wind of and came out and did a story.So, I did get my 15 min of fame- came at a really poor time though and I regret all that public stuff.
Just trying to raise these kids and live a healthy life now.
As far as the maintenance man goes - who knows. I didn't see him at all today. Though I found out he is 43 and the secretery says he is very nice and generous. I don't know what she means by that...lol- though he was inviting her out to lunch the first day I started full time. Anyway , she thought I should go out with him- maybe after everyone moves out of the office next week...it will quite down and I can get to know him better- I do know he has never been married but has come close-
I am headed back to church and the Breakfast club - though I must say I have gotten a good dose of socialization these last few days- don't feel as lonely.

I better go- hope you all have a great Mothers Day!!!!!

Marti
05-08-2004, 01:04 AM
Ladies--

I just had to stop in and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. It has been a rough two days but my family is a big one and we have been supporting each other like crazy.

My aunt's had found a little note my grandma had written days before, didn't tell anyone, it was just sitting next to the bed that she had stayed in before she finally went to her own bed......

It went something like this....

She addressed it to her entire family and said that she loves each and everyone of us and when we are all together, remembering her, she will be with us.

Of coarse when we all read that we all cried. My sister is going to make copies of it for all the family and let my grandpa have the original note. It was written so lightly (since she was unable to really hold a pencil for very long) but legible enough to read. It was her last tangible gift to everyone! She gave until her last breath.

I miss her terribly, but I know she's in a better place. Funeral is on Monday.

I just felt the need to come and thank you all. It's been hard. You are all true friends.

Thank you and I will be back soon.

Marti

Jane
05-08-2004, 08:38 AM
Hiya ladies,

I'm in a big hurry but will quickly do individuals to those who posted since I was here last...

Cristi - I love puttering in the yard and have been doing that too. About the cards, it's okay that you thought they were packaged, nothing wrong with packaged ones. I didn't know a person could buy them loose at that size, either, and was glad to see them at Walmart.

Susan - you're doing so well at your job! Glad you like your co-workers. Keep an eye on the maintenance man... wonder what the other woman meant when she said he's generous? I mean, in what way? I'm sorry that when you lost the weight it was at a bad time in your life. But I'm glad you got kudos for it!

Marti - writing the note was such a sweet, thoughtful thing for your grandma to do! Maybe at some point you can copy your copy and turn it into a scrapbook page with some pictures, etc. We will be thinking of you... you are our true friend, too. I feel closer to some of you than some of my local friends.

Well, I lost 2 1/4 pounds this week!!! Finally!! I am so glad it's on the move again... I knew it would sooner or later, because I have been so OP!

Gotta go change my signature, and I was supposed to call my sister Maggie 10 minutes ago! She'll be waiting....
BBL, Jana

RosieKate
05-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Good morning All!
Tomorrow's Mother's day - big plans, anyone? Since I'm home with the kids, I take advantage of Mother's Day to escape for a little while. Usually something very simple, maybe I'll go to a movie. Some years I've just asked to be left alone to work in the yard or read a book uninterrupted. Haven't decided what I'll do tomorrow.....today I'm going to go for a long walk, since I haven't been able to walk much this week.

Christi and Jana- I like to get out in the yard, too. It's good exercise! I've been eyeing the vegetable patch - the greens I've put in aren't coming up, so I think I'll get some starts. Hope the weather is good where you are. It is supposed to rain here. Great for the plants, not so great if I want to get out and get dirty.

Marti- What a lovely gift from your dear grandmother - what a wonderful family you have.

Susan - I am impressed with your weight loss journey - you've come out on the other side a happier, healthier person. Enjoy your time with your girls. I thought about you as I was buying shorts at Goodwill this week. I scored some very comfy Ralph Lauren walking shorts, and I didn't have to get them from the plus size rack (for a change) Yahoo! I've been struggling with this darn plateau, so I'm appreciating the little successes where I can get them.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there.....
RosieKate

FrouFrou
05-08-2004, 11:51 AM
A very Happy Saturday to all~

Thought I would get in here early and post, well earlier than I usually post. ;)

Jana~I just think that is so cool that you are close to your sis and talk every Saturday morning. CONGRAT'S on your loss this week! I knew you would do it! :bravo: :dancer:

RosieKate~well, whatever you do, I hope you have a nice Mother's Day. Send that rain this way. I love the :sunny: days but need a break from this watering and a good rain would do it!

Susan~I too am wondering what she meant about the guy being generous??? Anyway, he sounds nice enough and hopefully you get to know him better. Glad you are liking your job. Enjoy your weekend with the girls.

Marti~What a special gift from your grandma, that is so sweet. I like Jana's idea about making a copy and doing a scrapbook page, or even a shadow box. Take a copy of the letter, a pitcure of her and some memento's and do a shadow box and hang it on the wall or put it on the shelf or something. I will be thinking of you this weekend and Monday. Take care.

Hi everyone else, Kathy, Katie, Kat, Carree, Rita, Angie, Shanna, Sue, & Kayecee.

I don't have much planned for the weekend. Have some yardwork to do. We put up a temporary fence for Ernie Dog and the weeds have just about taken it over so that is getting cleaned today, and of course the regular housework. Tomorrow not sure about. I am going to Mass and then maybe lunch and just relax the rest of the day doing nothing.

Well, the scales were not good to me this morning. I think I got 2 of the pounds Jana lost! :yikes: I kind of thought I was going to see a gain, has just been an awful week for staying OP, started off good but ended bad. I have been so irritable the last few days and craving sweets. Unfortunately I have given in to the cravings. Just going to have to work harder next week which is going to be really hard with BD/Anniversary and a graduation coming up but I will try very hard to resist the sweets. I will just have to starve all week and save all my points for those special days! :lol:

A very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you Mother's! Hope you enjoy your day. :balloons:

Mom2Gaby
05-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Good Morning!!!

Happy to see you pop in Marti. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry , about the gain Cristi :( I wish you a wonderful Mothers Day - your lawn sounds so nice.

RosieKate- Your church is having a plant sale I see?? I went by this morning- was thinking of stopping in later- maybe pick something up for my mother.

CONGRATS on the weight loss Jana!! :)

What does generous mean?? Who knows -probably that he is free with his money considering he has no family. She is probably generous too because she came back from lunch break with a Dove candy bar for me. Just a bunch of generous people........heck, even had the supervisor giving me a grapefruit a few days back and is always offering me diet cokes, which I always pass on.

I guess they offer food in lue of raises?? lol.......anyway- he seems like a pleasant man so far.

Rebecca spent the night!!! YAY- miss my girls. Rebecca made me a VERY sweet flower pot with 2 flowers that had her picture on them and the 3rd flower had a pen attached. We are going to go to Micheals and buy some small pepples to put in the pot to hold the sticks of flowers in place.Next week when I FINALLY get my own desk I am going to decorate my desk with things the girls have made through the years- along with their pictures. Not tooooo much because that probably wouldn't be professional but enough that I won't miss them toooooooo much throughout the day.
The secretery now has Happy Bunny on her walls...... :lol: did I say she was 28??
I thought of Happy Bunny too but at 40 that might seem odd........ :lol:
We are going to see a movie today. Might take Gabrielle to her half sisters for a visit while we do that. I think they look a lot.

Oh- weighed in at 145-

Jane
05-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - got your note. You are very welcome for the flower baskets. I hope the petunias are nice and healthy looking.

RosieKate - my plans for Mother's Day are the men (DH, DS and Son-I-L) are cooking and cleaning up for us women. YAY!! Even Katie is to be honored because she is a Godmother to the twins and Caylin. Hope you get some quiet time tomorrow.

Cristi - better luck next week with weigh in. Don't be too hard on yourself though, because it will be hard with a birthday and anniversary to get through.

Susan - Rebecca's flower pot sounds very nice and I think putting the kids' stuff on your desk would be fine. Your co-workers seem nice and friendly. Now that you are down to 145, maybe they are offering you food because you look hungry, lol.

Here comes Mary and the kids... gotta run.

In case I don't make it here in the morning...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!

Jana

da fat n da furious
05-09-2004, 08:56 PM
Wow what a day....
we are having a cold and snowy day,,,yes I did say snow. grrrr
I sleptin till noon,,,,yes I did say noon. I got home at 4 am, we had our strike party for the show. AHHH peace and quiet again...lol Fun party...
So anyways Tanner and I went to see Passions of the Christ,,,the huge handful of kleenex,,,were not enough. Hours later Im still feeling heavy hearted.

Marti, how blessed you are to have the treasure of your Grandma's note.

Brandon had some excitment at work today,,,he works at A&W and some guy went into diabetic shock,,,he and one of the other supervisors called 911 and comforted him,,,
I had to laugh he bought me the funniest mom's card,,,and my second fav movie...Shrek. Tanner had a sweet card and a necklace...I have some great kids...(today) lol

well Im going to go finish watching Survivor

ttfn
Angie

Jane
05-10-2004, 08:32 AM
Happy Monday ladies,

Wow, I thought there would be a bunch of posts to read after not checking in yesterday... seems like we all had a busy Mother's Day! YAY!!

Angie - you'll have to explain to us non-theatre types just what is a strike party? Are you all walking out?? I still haven't seen The Passion. We're waiting for it to come out to rent or buy, then I can cry in my own living room. (big baby here!) Glad your kids were good to you yesterday.

Marti - hope you make it through the funeral all right. You know we'll all be thinking of you.... (((hugs))).

Hi also to all the others.

My family was very, very good to me, too, yesterday and we had lots of fun. I got out the video camera and got some great footage of the grandkids. The meal the men fixed was scrumptious (the meat was in the crock pot, lol) and all the women of the family were very impressed. For the first time, we had a "kid's table". The 2 Mackenzie's sat at it just fine, but Madison cried til she got to sit on my lap, which was just fine with me! The other, younger 2 were in high chairs still.

My POTD is to plan our Memorial Day Sunday party. Mary and Gina are coming over to help with that. This year we want lots of healthy choices along with some of the good old standbys.

Have a good one!
Jana

Katiecat
05-10-2004, 10:55 AM
Monday, Monday
ba daaaaaaaaaa, ba da da daaaaaaaaaa...
so good to me
ba daaaaaaaaaa, ba da da daaaaaaaaaa...
Monday mornin'
it was all I hoped it would be...

OK, yeah, I admit it, I remember the Mamas and the Papas. But I was really, really young! :lol: Anyway, good morning, ladies...

Marti, what a wonderful thing to have that note from your grandma. She must have been such a special person to think to write something that would mean so much to all of you. I'll be thinking of you and your family today.

Thanks to everyone who sent snail mail and email Mother's Day cards. I didn't get my act together this time, but I will for next holiday. Tim took me to see Jesus Christ Superstar at the local dinner theater. The food was wonderful. I kind of thought it would be weird to see that play in a dinner theater venue, but they did a really good job, given the space and set limitations. Tim really wants to see The Passion of the Christ, but I'm with Jana - I think I want to see it in my own living room. I don't know how I would react in a crowded theater with all those strangers around.

My son called from South Dakota -- no longer working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week (he's ground crew for a bomber), but he is still set to be deployed in September. I wish no one else was going over seas and that they were all coming home.

I worked overtime all last week (helping some new reps that are working the closing shift). I work overtime tonight and tomorrow, then have to be at the airport at 6:15 am on Wednesday to go to my mom's house in Montana until Sunday. Tim is going to finally get her VCR set up (she has one but doesn't know how to make it work). :lol3: I'm taking her all of my movie musicals on video -- Sound of Music, Fiddler on the Roof, My Fair Lady, Music Man...she loves those. I'll just start replacing them one by one on DVD for my own collection. Take care and I will see you all soon.

Katie

FrouFrou
05-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Since we are close to 50 posts thought I would go ahead and start #47. See ya there ladies. :wave:

DO NOT POST HERE, GO TO CHIT CHAT # 47!