Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-03-2004, 12:08 PM   #1  
Searching

Talking Weekly Thread: 3 May-9 May

Morning!

How was everyone's weekend? I had an awsome day yesterda. I got Yoga, shopping, cleaning, and even a walk in yesterday. Hmmm what else to say. I am what I am and I having the exact type of day God wants me to have

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:25 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hi Chris!

Where's everyone else?
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:25 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Chris and Jennelle!

Chris, so glad you're having a good day, hon.
I was thinking about you today. I was in a shop called "Venus Envy". It was a bit of a hoot in there.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:10 PM   #4  

Default Howdy

Hi ladies,

Chris: Glad you had a good day!

Jennelle, get back in here!

Ellis, oooo, do share about this shop.

Remember a few months ago when my neighbors were being loud and jerks, etc...? Well, they've been a lot better yesterday until last night. Their music was booming through our floor and floor stomping did not help. DH knocked on their door and eventually we got ourlandlady involved. No answer any of the times and our landlady saw the dude passed out on the floor inside.

Finally, after almost 3 hours, DH slammed his foot so loud on our floor it woke Dude up and he shut off the music. Talk about being on something! I am just hoping that was an isolated incident. I know our landlady has our back but I really just don't want to deal with that crapola again. I've been doing a lot of talking with HP, to help me get through any annoyance from them without obsessing. I'm definitely white knuckling that.

Today has been a better day so far. I am about to do some cleaning since we're having a birthday dinner and get together at the end of the week. We just got Direct TV, also, so I've been having fun poking around the channels.
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:08 PM   #5  
Searching

Ellis- tell us about "Venus Envy"

Kat- Your neighbor needs a 12-step program People are people and most of us are sick Keep the faith girlie, HP has got your back

Jenelle-

Great day, good meeting, and sweet friends, what more could a girl ask for?
Thankfully yours,
Chris
Old 05-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #6  

Default It feels good to workout

I just did a Pilates workout. Made me feel strong! Plus when I sat up I looked out the window and saw such a gorgeous "shot" of the moon just staring right back at me. I felt so close to HP. She's looking out for me.

Chris, thanks for the pep talk! Boy do I need to work on being forgiving. Definitely an area that is often a deficit for me. I think the whole thing hits me hard, too, since it's in my home. I can't escape it. So I feel trapped by it.

But I need to work on that because I shouldn't let something so small eat me up so much. Baby steps, baby steps.

Have a great night, all!
Old 05-04-2004, 08:45 AM   #7  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi all - Chris, glad you're doing well this week, Kat - glad you had fun this weekend! Hi Ellis! Hi Jennelle! I wonder how Angi's doing with her sponsor?

I'm fine - been busy at church for the past couple of days - I'm heading there this morning to finish our parish newsletter. DS had a doc appointment tomorrow to check on his head, and my family's celebrating our spring birthdays this weekend, so I've got lots of shopping to do this week as well. Oh, and the new kitty has tapeworms, so we went to the vet yesterday. THAT'S an appetite killer. I ordered some Bryan Kest power yoga videos the other day - anyone familiar with him? I've heard lots about him, and am probably going to be way over my head - but my joints need something different.

Anyway - as far as eating goes, I'm trying to get more protein in, and cuddle with DH more (helps with emotional grazing, you know. Besides, he's tasty!)

Kat - the moon was beautiful last night, wasn't She? Give your frustrations up to her, and she'll keep you strong!

Take care, everyone!

Last edited by treasaigh; 05-04-2004 at 08:51 AM.
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:21 AM   #8  

We'd have a riot if we all went into Venus Envy together, girls. It's a feminist, sexual awareness shop. But for men, too. (who are also feminists) It's got everything imaginable, but it's very tasteful in there. (if that's possible)
There were some good books for teenagers re: sexuality/drugs/etc. I'm going to pick up a couple for my DD. There was one called, "It's Okay to be a Nice Girl".
And tons of "heavy books for adults". I'm not into that.
Lot's of natural soaps and body products in amongst the kinky stuff.
Some good, edible body creams. Those would be for you, Tracy.
Some really cute underwear with quotes on it.
T-shirts for girls with "Red Zone" written on the front.
An eye/sleep mask with the words, "Not Available" across the front. (I'm going to get one of those for myself)
Some large plastic penis thingys, which I could NOT bring myself to look at. (British thing) There was a guy in there buying one, and I heard the owner say that it was non-refundable unless it broke.
And a TON of hilarious magnets and buttons. I started reading them, and just about fell on the floor laughing. I want them ALL!
Anyhow, I was looking for a card for you in there, Chris, but I didn't buy the one I wanted... didn't want to shock your DH.
Funny... a few years ago I would NEVER have gone into a place like that. I would have been too embarrassed. I think it's an aging/confidence thing... nothing much phases me anymore.

Kat, I can so relate to your "bad neighbour" experience. I hope things work out... deep breaths, sweetie. And ear plugs. And keep a fan running at night. Cuts down on the noise. Oh, we also have a fish tank in our room. White noise.

We've released our budgies onto the second floor landing. They're so much happier now that they're out of their cage. They're sitting on a branch in a window and chirping away...
I have to hang a curtain at the doorway leading to the attic. Don't want them coming upstairs and leaving little droppings on my bed.

It's chilly, but beautiful out! I'm going to do some laundry.
Have a wonderful day, dear girls... love and hugs to all...
Old 05-04-2004, 08:06 PM   #9  

Default Hi chicas

Ellis, that store sounds fun.

Tracy, you ever get that Ya Ya check-in going?

I am doing some more cleaning now and am about to go to an online OA meeting. Got in some pilates, too. So good day, all around.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:11 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Hey Girls...

Struggling a bit over here....I still don't have a new sponsor, but it's because I haven't really looked. I subscribe to the 12stepsforCOEs email list, but I haven't read my email there for a few days. I just feel like nothing I read is touching me...nothing I read is pertinent to me...I don't know.

I'm starting to fall into the "I'm so f***ing fat" pity party lately...you know, where your prayers aren't "help me to be the best person I can be" but, "Please, God, just let me wake up tomorrow and have this constant, never-ending struggle lifted from me - and while you're at it, make me a size 6, too."

I have not been diligent about eating breakfast, and it's affecting my eating. I seem to be in a really grazing mood in the afternoons. I need to eat breakfast.

I don't know what I am asking for here....I guess I'm just reaching out.
Jennelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:20 PM   #11  

Jennelle, I know the feeling. You're in a slump, and don't know how to get out. Get yourself a new sponser, and WORK THROUGH THE SLUMP! It'll be hard work, but it'll get you out faster than sitting there feeling sorry for yourself. And eat your darned breakfast!! I'll be saying prayers for you, hon.

Could I ask for prayers for my sister, please? She's found a lump in her groin, and one on her neck, and she's really frightened. She's seeing our doctor on Thursday. I'm not supposed to know, because she doesn't want to worry me , but Mom just called to ask for prayers. Thank you, dear girls.
Old 05-04-2004, 08:35 PM   #12  

Default Hugs to both Jennelle and Ellis!

Jennelle, get yourself a sponsor. Pick someone from the list whose description speaks to you, even if just slightly. PM me any time you want to talk!

Ellis, your sister is in my thoughts!
Old 05-04-2004, 10:01 PM   #13  
Searching

Post ((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Good Evening

Ellis- Many prayers for your sister ((((((Ellis)))))))))) Venus Envy sounds like a hoot. I don't think you could shock my DH with much, well there is one thing but I think I will PM you about that

Jenelle- OH, I KNOW that prayer EXCEPT I usually add and please make me rich and perfect. So far its really worked Not because I don't think God hears it, I just don't want the answer Keep reaching out, we all have rough times, but we don't have to eat it. What do they say in AA, "Don't drink even if your butt falls off" well if we keep ,"Not eating, our butts will fall off"

Tracy- Don't knaw on DH too hard, unless he is into that

Kat-

Me? I had exactly the day I was suppose to have. Clean food, good meeting, excercise, and everything else just is.

Love you all!
Chris
Old 05-05-2004, 07:24 AM   #14  

Thank you so much, Kat and Chris. I'm trying not to worry.

Chris, have no fear... I will not send you any weird cards.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:27 AM   #15  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Ellis - your sister has my prayers.

Chris - Hope today is wonderful, too!

Jennelle - I know what you're feeling. Tell the voice in your head to go to **** and do something nice for yourself that doesn't involve food. You deserve it!!

Kat - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote