Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2004, 08:15 AM   #1  

Default Something wrong happened

Well, at my weekly at-home weigh in on Thursday morning, I was mortified to see that I blimped out 10 pounds in one week. I am confused... I was more active the past week than normal, and ate less than normal bc I was on the go so much.

Anyone else have a sudden uptake in weight when there have been no dietary or exercise changes, in such a short time? I thought it was pms but that came and went.

I have some existing health issues (CF, diabetes, pcos, asthma, ibs, blood clot, etc. and am 7 weeks post-op for a D&C, hysteroscopy and endometrial ablation) so I think they might have been doing something to me, water-wise. I am a bit nervous so I am seeing my doctos this week.

If it is water, or it is that I am just getting super fat super quick, I need to know the problem. 10 pounds is LOT in a week. This is the same thing that happened in the hospital in January when I was in for 2 weeks for my CF.

The weight I slowly and consistently lost in the 5 weeks prior (7 pounds!) I just put back on. I am so confused and depressed. I hate myself for being so hideously fat.

Thanks if anyone replies. I am very bummed about this.

Kitty (add 10 to the current weight and you have a very unhappy person)
kittykitkat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #2  
stbakd

hi kitty. try eating more because your body thinks it's starving and stores
food. drink lots of water. good luck.
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 11:00 AM   #3  

Kitty, I had a hysterectomy as well and I gained 40 pounds in four weeks from it. Its your mucsles and the water. Keep up the great work and you will lose it again.

Dale
Trixi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:00 AM   #4  

Well here is my update .... I saw my doctors and apparently they think it is fluid retention given my health issues and recent surgery. They said that they doubt it is "fat" given the quick onset. That being said, I "lost" 3.5 pounds of it in the past few days, and hope that I stabilize enough to see the fruits of my hard work.

Thanks for the support... I really appreciate it.
kittykitkat1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 08:18 AM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Hi Kittykitkat!!

The same thing happened to me after surgery. The nurse told me "do not hop on that scale for at LEAST a week. Your body tends to react to the ansthesia by hoarding all of the water it can after you come out of it." Sure enough, that's what my body did. Once my body started getting back to normal the fluid retention weight dropped off.

Glad you are feeling better!! Come visit the PCOS forum sometime. We'd love to have ya!!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 03:52 PM   #6  
stbakd

wtg kitty on the loss
glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote