100 lb. Club - May Exercise Log

View Full Version : May Exercise Log

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-01-2004, 04:22 PM
I thought we should start a fresh log to celebrate the beginning of a new month!

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-01-2004, 04:27 PM
OK... I'll start. The constant rain here is not only depressing, its detramental to my plan! I had to do a stupid tape (which I HATE) instead of going outside. Oh, well, at least I did it and its over with for the day! :dizzy:
Good Luck to every one!!

SuchAPrettyFace
05-02-2004, 02:20 AM
2 mile walk today!!

artist
05-02-2004, 12:42 PM
Salsaerobics class (it rocks!) and 15 min swim today.....

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-02-2004, 04:31 PM
SALSAEROBICS!!! That sound SOOO FUN!!! Our area doesnt off anything fun like that. I wish they did...I really need some motovation to DO SOMETHING today! Its raining again, and I guess Im off to do a video (YUCK)!!! Oh, well, I might as well get it over with. :p

artist
05-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Hey Amy Jo

Yup, salsaerobics is great.....I'm not one for normal aerobics classes, but I love to dance, and this class is brilliant - taught by a really enthusiastic and energetic woman! Just to make you even more jealous, there is even a belly dancing class straight after.....I'm hoping that I'lle soon be fit enough to do them both...

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Ok... Thats IT!!! I MUST find a place to take some of these awsome classes! I'll probably have to drive an hour or more (I live in an extremly small town in the country.) You must have blast doing these!! Well...I did 2 miles today on the old treadmill (YAWN) and then all the arm and leg stuff I do with weights. ( DOUBLE YAWN!) Good Luck to every one !!!

artist
05-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Well, I'd say its definitely worth finding some classes you really enjoy - even if you only go once/twice a week, it makes such a difference if you enjoy the exercise.

Talking about enjoying exercise......well, I was offered a great new job last week....so, given that and meeting my '25 per cent of the way there' goal, I joined a fantastic new health spa yesterday...hmm......have sampled the aqua classes, pool, sauna and whirlpools so far......lovely. Going for body conditioning class, Pilates, and gym induction today. Promise to report back!

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-04-2004, 05:58 PM
Artist... you are so lucky to be able to treat yourself that way!! Congrats on the 25%!! I was down another pound this AM, so now Im 1/3 of the way to my (realistic) goal!. Im really excited! I push mowed the yard this AM (burned about 350 calories!!) And after my supper settels a little, Im ont he way to the gym... Ill report back later about that workout!! See Ya!

Tammy32
05-04-2004, 07:34 PM
Good job Amy Jo!!

I am still sticking with walking 3 to 5 miles a day. Mostly I stick to 5 miles.

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-04-2004, 09:03 PM
I never seem to be able to push past 3 miles at a time... I want to work my way up there though. Congrats on the 5 miles at a time! :tread: I went to the center and did 2 miles, and all the arm and leg stuff I do. Ive upped my weights to 30 lbs for les and 25 for arms! :barbell: Came home and did crunches, too! I feel pretty good about todays activities! I wonder if I can count push mowing my yard as a mile? My goal this week is 10, and Ive done 4 so far (5 if I count the yard) I really need to get a good pair of walking shoes though, my feet and ankles are killing me...HMMMMM shopping!! :chin:

SuchAPrettyFace
05-05-2004, 12:47 AM
3 circuits @ the gym tonight

artist
05-05-2004, 02:57 AM
Hey, way to go Amy Jo.....sounds like you're getting into this exercise thing!
Me, I had a truly lovely time at my new health club/spa yesterday....25 mins cardio in the gym, 20 mins swim, lower body weights, 60 mins Pilates.....oohh and did I mention the steam, sauna, whirlpool and obligatory snooze-by-the-pool???? (I know, not exercise, but relaxation is surely important too, LOL!)

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-10-2004, 09:00 PM
:cb: I havnt posted here since the 4th. I was off plan starting Wed. I jumped back on today though !! I push mowed my yard this morning (45 mins burns like 350 cals)! Tonight, I went to the center and did 1.5 miles and the treadmill (.3 of that was JOGGING!! Ive never been able to do that!) And I did a circut of the weight machines. Came home and did my crunches! YAY!

Tammy32
05-10-2004, 11:27 PM
For the past few days I have stuck to five miles of walking. A couple of days I did 6 and 7 miles. I'm going through a really emotional time, and I am trying my best to binge exercise as opposed to binge eating. So far I am winning. I hope I can get past this.

Goddess Jessica
05-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Amy jo - Have you tried jazzercize? I grew up in a po'dunk town and there is ALWAYS some woman with a jazzercise class (it's like tupperware, someone, somewhere has it). Although it's not as creative, I loved my jazzercize class. Especially in a small town, you get to know everyone in the class and then, they're waiting for you (the vultures!) and they make you accountable. I remember some gruff woman in my jazzercize class who used to give me and my friend dirty looks for busting out laughing in some parts came up to me one day after class and said, "You've lost a lot of weight <grunt> Keep up the good work." I nearly keeled over! :)

TammyJo- I'm here for you woman. I'm literally down the street if you need someone to talk to.

SuchAPrettyFace
05-11-2004, 01:59 AM
45 min walk today

artist
05-11-2004, 03:50 AM
Saturday = day off, very nice! Sunday - cardio 25 mins, weights 20 mins, Pilates 1 hour 15 min
Monday - 45 mins body conditioning, 27 mins cardio, 60 mins Pilates...

artist
05-12-2004, 05:02 AM
Tuesday - 28 mins cardio, 30 mins weights

chequitagirl
05-12-2004, 10:53 AM
monday i had a 7 mile bike ride and strength training for my back and abs. tuesday i had a 7.2 mile bike ride and strength trining for my chest and shoulders. wednesday is heavy cardio so i will let you know tomorrow how that went.

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-16-2004, 09:20 PM
I havnt posted here in a while. I havnt had alot of time this week, my daughter had two top teeth coming in...it wasnt pretty! Any-hoo, I walked this afternoon (with the stroller) for approx 3 miles. I intend to walk at least 12 miles this week. I really need to but a good pair of walking shoes, though, I always get blisters with the pair I have. Oh, well. Good luck to every one this week! :D

artist
05-18-2004, 03:37 AM
mmm. I haven't posted here in a while either.....let me see.....last week I went to the gym everyday, and either swam for 30 mins, or did my workout (30 mins cardio, 30 mins legs and lower body); also did an aqua class on Sunday. Yesterday, did my workout.....and am feeling a whole lot better physically than I was the week before when I was also taking lots of exercise classes....I think I was overdoing it, maybe.....

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-18-2004, 04:04 PM
Hi All, Ive had a busy day today, and Im taking a few minutes to unwind. I went to the center this morning and had a light workout. (1 mile treadmill, 1 mile bike, and 1 circut of the weights.) Tonight after the rain is over I'll take Abby out in the stroller for a long( 3 mile ) walk. I both really enjoy being outside, rather than in the gym.

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Well, Abby and I just got home from our walk. I only went 2 miles. I MUST get some new walking shoes. I keep getting blisters in the ones I have. Oh, well. Keep up the great work everyone!!

Tammy32
05-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Amy Jo, I am having the same problem with my shoes. They are pretty new though. My other shoes do it also. I think my problem is that my feet need to get used to my new activities. Before, I was not walking so much and now I am walking all the time. I hope that my feet start to toughen up.

I'm still sticking to my five miles a day. I've now added the gym. I think I am going to try to get to the gym at least three times a week, time permitting that is.

Everybody keep up the good work!!

Sheila53
05-19-2004, 12:18 AM
Finally back to my exercise routine of "land" aerobics class twice a week, water aerobics once a week, daily walking, and weight lifting twice a week. I'm hoping the personal trainer will call to reschedule (have been off three weeks because of appendix removal) because I'd like to start a new weight routine of five days a week (working different areas every other day, of course) along with the cardio.

Tammy32
05-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Hey Sheila, Since you have a trainer you can probably answer this. I have just started with some weights. Is there any order I should be using when I go to work out. Such as one day work certain muscles and another work different ones? Or, can I just do a little of each each time? I'm not sure how to go about this. Thanks.

Sheila53
05-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Well, I haven't seen the trainer yet because I had the surgery a few days before my first appointment. And she hasn't called back either, but I only left the message yesterday.

Have you visited the Ladies Who Lift forum? I bet if you ask your question, you'd get a lot of great advice. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, I will be sure to post what the trainer says once I see her. Which hopefully will be soon! :)

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-19-2004, 04:19 PM
HELLO! Everyone seems to be in good spirits and keeping up with their exercise! I went to the center and did 2 miles this AM, and 1 circut of the machines. Its raining here, so when it clears up, Ill take Abby for a walk in the stroller. Good Luck to you all!!

TaraJW
05-20-2004, 07:00 PM
I actually have something to put down on here. Its not as much as everyone else but Im proud! :-) Went to curves yesterday for 30 min, and today did half of the Firm tape (35 minutes worth). Man that thing is hard!! Going to shoot for the other half tomorrow with all the leg work. I found a lot of old tapes Ive collected over the years and never did so Im going to try and do one of these at least once a week with curves to add a little variety.

artist
05-21-2004, 03:47 PM
okay, I confess.....two days passed by without a visit to the gym. But I did manage a long walk along the River Thames - we actually had some glorious weather....sunshine, I had forgotten what that felt like....anyway, back to good old English rain today, and I swam for 40 mins......

Tammy32
05-23-2004, 02:52 PM
I went and checked out the women who lift board. It was very very helpful. I found lots of great stuff to incorporate into my exercise. Thanks for suggesting it Sheila. I pretty much learned everything I wanted to know from there and several websites they listed.

Sandi
05-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Yahhh!! I can post here!! Haven't had a very active month, but I finally got off my duff!!! Wed, Fri & Sat I went for a 30 min walk. And I also did several hours of gardening this weekend!!

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-23-2004, 09:30 PM
Ive been MIA for a while. It sounds like everyone is doing really well! I have done exercise, but I didnt post for a while, so Ill start fresh. Today I didnt do too much, but any is better than none. I chased Abby all day, re-organized our closets (alot of lifting and carrying to the trash!)and washed the Jeep. I feel exhausted, and I didnt doo much at all. Oh well, Ill get my butt in gear tomorrow. :p

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-25-2004, 04:42 PM
Ive done alot of walking this week, and Ive been to the gym several times, but Im getting down on myself, and I feel like quitting. I guess Ive just got the blahs. :(

Tammy32
05-25-2004, 11:50 PM
Don't quit Amy Jo!! You can do this!! Those "blahs" will pass soon. Work through it and be strong. I have faith that you can do this. Winning is so much better than being beat and there is much less guilt associated with it. We are here for you.

Ivanna B. Skinny
05-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks Tammy. Im feeling better today. I worked out this morning, but I havnt been on plan food wise though. I really need to buckle down and get back to doing this the way I was the first three months. :rolleyes:

SuchAPrettyFace
05-27-2004, 12:34 AM
3 circuits @ the gym tonight

SuchAPrettyFace
05-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Swam for an hour today.

artist
05-30-2004, 04:45 AM
30 min swim on Friday; 30 min cardio at the gym, plus upper body and leg weights yesterday....