Support Groups - Journal Food/Exercise Challenge: 31 Days in May! Hooray!

Amarantha2
05-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Yowza! It's May today and I'm challenging anyone who so desireth to report their food and exercise on this thread for 31 days (or as many days as feasible), since for some of us, the act of journaling is often a major factor in weight management and fitness! Everyone who participates wins the challenge. There's no prize! :coffee:

anagram
05-01-2004, 03:59 PM
So be it! I'll have to search the mind since I wasn't planning to journal it. But I'll do "so far" today and maybe that will keep me on track for the rest of the day.

oatmeal w/2% milk
2 viactivs
2 slices olive loaf on a kaiser roll
1 carrot
2 (or close to it) servings of fr yogurt
pretzel stix
one small burger w/lettuce & onion
soft pretzel w/mustard
2 servings cantelope
Late night addition - 2 pieces Brach's wrapped soft candy

A little garden work (very little) only exercise so far.

Amarantha2
05-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Anagramatic, you are looking good there!!!! Thanks for joining the challenge and I appreciate how supportive you always are!!! And congrats on making your May Sprint goal!!!!! I just sent you an email to that effect (er, I accidentally sent it from my real name, so don't be alarmed if a stranger intrudes on thy inbox)!!!

Edited to add more stuff: The low carb Slimfast was a nice change but I probably won't buy it again as it has that addictive Slimfast taste and too many calories compared to the EAS:

2 whole wheat Eng muffins w/butter spray 270
EAS van CC shake 100

2 maple iced cake donuts 650
Slimfast low carb shake (vanilla cream) 190

Slimfast low carb shake (vanilla cream) 190

McDonald's cheeseburger 330

2 whole wheat Eng muffins 260
EAS van CC shake 100

1/2 T Better Than PB* 25
*A low fat pb spread (trust me, it's NOT better than pb)

1 cup lite sf soymilk 70

2 Slimfast low carb shakes (vanilla cream) 380

Total 2565 :yikes: (oh well, there goes the weigh-in, but 31 days of journaling will help me get back on track)

Exercise: 35 mins :tread:, 5 min abs (I've decided for May to do abs on cardio days and alternate upper and lower body on weight days. It's too much to do total body in one weight workout)!!! May do yoga later but doubt it.

Sure glad I can post again!

deleted2
05-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for starting the thread, Empress! I've missed posting my menus--however, I'm really tired and will catch up tomorrow.

Didn't make my MayDay goal. :( But hope springs eternal! :D

Amarantha2
05-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Hope does, :queen: E! I've missed the menu posting, too! Except now I have to go back and edit the above as I spoke too soon that the kitchen is closed.

I can't stop eating! :yikes:

ceara
05-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Hi...will be back later...was having some techno problems which appear to be solved...
gotta dry my hair and get to the church!

Ceara

Amarantha2
05-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Yay, Sword Bearer be taking up the challenge also!!!!

Glad thy techno problems be solved. See thou anon and also Anagramatic and Eydie!!!

I'm up a half pound but ready to start anew (since the :devil: in the Scale didst not have the guts to put up the dreaded 150 number because he kneweth I'd throw him out the door and he'd be replaced by a postage meter).

Wildfire
05-02-2004, 02:38 PM
:lol3: Postage meter...

I'm in! I'll be back to report this evening.

Amarantha2
05-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Sis, boom, bah!!! Princess Glimmering Moon's in the house!!!

Thanks to this thread being back (and all of us being back), I'm having a sterling eating day. Will have a really exemplary and saintly report tonight! :angel:

anagram
05-02-2004, 04:07 PM
I suspect this will be my off program day for the week.

2 slices whole wheat toast w/pb
2 viactiv
modest salad w/rich dressing on the side and forked sparingly
1 very thinly sliced piece of garlic toast
about a one cup casserole (1 1/2?) of vegetable lasagna
4 French fries (from dh's plate - he's not supposed to eat them)
2 cups decaf w/cream
2/3 of piece of carrot cake (not huge to begin with but shared with dh - I was going to say half a piece but truth be told my share was larger than his)
Cottage cheese/cantelope "smoothie" (not my best idea ever)
one cup Kashi Heart to Heart cereal
2 Andes mints
No exercise but I do think I managed to rein in the calories in the latter part of the day.

Wildfire
05-02-2004, 07:36 PM
Here it is, the good, the bad and the ugly:

Breakfast: :D Leftover spareribs & Large coffee & two Hershey kisses (It was appealing at the time! :dunno: )

Dinner: shaved roast beef, onions, red & green peppers, 1 slice jalepeno monterey jack cheese, with a squirt of steak sauce & a handful of baked fries. :eating2: (DH had his on a bun and called it a cheesesteak.)

Bought myself three new CDs today at the mall, and I'm going out for a walk in the rain to listen to one!

deleted2
05-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Hello Queens! Too much sugar today, so this week I'm really going to try to keep an eye on the sweets.

SUNDAY

coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
ww english muffin w/ egg sub., cheddar, 2 'bacon'

layered hummus dip and veg. salsa w/ pita wedges
peppermint patty

Salad [ lettuce, vegs, ff feta, ff ranch, 1 veg. 'chicken' patty]
1/3 cup veg. salsa w/ tortilla chips

snax: 2 low-fat ice cream sandwiches [yes, at one sitting!]
1 bottle frappicino

exercise: 30 min. step video

Amarantha2
05-03-2004, 12:47 AM
Yowza!!! Here's my Sunday:

Lf mini pizza 250
EAS van CC shake 100

1 c lite van soymilk, 1/4 c sf syrup 105

Dilled salmon 120
White rice/broc & cheese casserole 150
Corn 70
EAS van CC shake 100

1/2 serving Scottish oatmeal w/raisins, btr spray, Splenda 130
EAS van CC shake 100

Shake: Soymilk, sf syrup, Designer Whey protein powder 195

Smoothie: Frozen mixed berries, water, Splenda 90

Total 1620

Exercise: 30 min. yoga (Wae Lana "Wake Up Body" tape!)

Sis, boom, bah!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Cerise
05-03-2004, 02:05 PM
Rah! Rah! Rah!

Viscountess Grins-At-Pigeons checking in! Accountability! Common Sense (thank you, Wildfire)! Vegetables! Vigorous Exercise! New steaming apparatus that I'm trying out tonight!

Sis! Boom! Bah!

Breakfast this morning: ciabatta bread, one pear and large mug of green tea.

Tonight: hope to weigh in at the gym, get some treadmilling done. Maybe even some weights? Oooooooo. :hyper:

Still hoping that my sister will come by with that purple exercise ball that I can learn morning exercises on!

Huzzah!

Two pounds by June!!!

Amarantha2
05-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Huzzah, the amazing Grinner-at-Pigeons Viscountess be amongs us with some strong determinations for the month ahead!!!! Yowza!!!! Om shanti, Viscountess!!!! Your stats are looking really good!!!! Looking foward to having thee on the challenge!!!! Hope you get your exercise ball!!! Yowza! :cheers:

deleted2
05-03-2004, 05:51 PM
Hoorah! Viscountess Cerise is here. Hey, wouldn't it be dreamy to drop a couple of pounds in time for our shared birthday? That's my goal. Trying to ramp up my workouts a bit and [I know you hate this] be faithful about counting those calories--luckily, like our Amarantha, I enjoy that fussy aspect of it all.

Please stay, Cerise, :^: and I love hearing about everyone's menus. Gives me a little glimpse into your lives!

ceara
05-03-2004, 06:33 PM
This morning was good....I read a book...Stolen, about a female werewolf...I know, out there....and bad I had MM...the dreaded morning munchies...no, no M & M's just everything and anything that wasn't nailed down. I finally grabbed the little carrots and ate those with hummus. This afternoon and eve so far are fine....

1 apple

3/4 c rice
1/2 c corn
6 oz chicken...done in marmalade barbeque sauce (crock pot...yum!)

And I hope to end here....so will wend my way back to work and drink water!

I too cycle with the moon....too weird guys! Actually has a lot to do with those little white pills...I don't bother with the orange placebo ones.

Ceara

anagram
05-03-2004, 08:08 PM
Monday Morning Slimfast
2 Viactivs
one garlic bagel w/ 2 slices olive loaf
cantelope
frozen yogurt - one of my over the top "1/2 cup" servings
"stew" - ground round balls w/1 serving potato, 1 carrot, 1 1/2 svgs peas
2 cremesavers = raspberry!
1/2 cup lite ice cream
1/3 serving pretzels stix

Walked about 25 minutes.

Wildfire
05-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Breakfast today was just tea.

Lunch was PB&SF Jam on whole wheat & 2 Hershey Kisses, not on the sandwich. :chockiss: :chockiss:

Dinner was a boneless chicken breast cooked in onion soup, 1 scoop instant mashed potatoes, peas & carrots.

It's cold out, but I'm going for a walk. I need to clear out my headspace.

deleted2
05-03-2004, 09:32 PM
carrot/orange juice
hi-fiber bagel w/ lite cream cheese, lettuce, peppers, onion
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2

2 ww toast w/ boca burger, ff cheese, lettuce, onion, mustard, ketchup
cucumber slices
apple

ww tortilla w/ lite cheese, veg. salsa
2 ears corn w/ pepper jelly

snacks: Pria bar
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
strawberry popsicle

calories: 1405 [ooooh, it's been a while since they were so low!]
fiber: 38 grams
fat: 28 grams

Exercise: 20 min. yoga
200 crunches
20 min. dumbells
55 min. cardio/sculpt video

Amarantha2
05-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Sigh, crashed and burned, but at least I journaled it:

1/2 serving Scottish oatmeal w/butter spray & Splenda 85
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100
Two pb cups 230

Lf mini pizza 250
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

Dilled salmon 100
Corn 60
EAS van CC shake 100

4 pb cups 460
EAS van CC shake 100

1/3 jar defatted (poured off ALL the fat) natural pb 890
EAS van CC shake 100

Total 2785

Exercise: (Gym) 10 min recumbent bike, 30 min LB weights

anagram
05-04-2004, 08:05 AM
Make that a half serving of pretzel stix last night and add 2 marshmallow peanuts.

Amarantha2
05-04-2004, 01:12 PM
What are marshmallow peanuts, Anagramatic? They sound good.

I think this is an exercise rest day for me. I can't get going but I have a busy work week. Am absolutely determined to get calories back on track. The rest of the pb jar went in the trash. I AM NOT GIVING UP THIS SHIP!!! (she shouteth)

Be back with my report tonight! :wave:

Cerise
05-04-2004, 02:24 PM
Ugh. That horrible green tea latte (see May thread) has put me off sugar.

That's it! I'd like to be off refined sugar for the month of May! Exceptions: only one. Chocolate, only if it's dark, and only if it's fine, like bought from a chocolate store (NOT See's). I've NEVER done this before and it sounds incredibly scary, but I'm going to try it. Hey, maybe I'll feel magically delicious and wonder why I didn't do it before. No other dietary restrictions whatsoever.

This is Day 1.

Onward! No more sweat attacks, hot flashes, or jittery hands! No more powdered Gatorade (sob)!

Let's see if I can make it until June. Thanks for being here, loves.

Amarantha2
05-04-2004, 02:59 PM
You can do it, Cerise!!!! I want to be off refined sugar also, so I'll be trying right along with you, although not as strictly right now. I'd like to make a vow to only eat Godiva chocolates ... the shop is only at one area mall and it's far away from here ... a 45-minute drive!

Re the Gator, I was buying an electrolyte replacer at the gym that really helped, but it had a small amount of fructose in it and was quite expensive. If anyone finds or uses one that's in powdered form but has no sugar whatsoever (and no Nutra Sweet), would you please post it. I need it in the summer. Sometimes I work outside for long periods doing photos or events in the Arizona sun and the Gator can really restore me when I feel pretty rocky ... but it's best to cut it in half with water because it has too much sugar.

anagram
05-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Marshmallow peanuts are pure sugar - they're just shaped like "peanuts" - some brands are called circus peanuts - no redeeming value whatsoever. Six peanuts are 163 calories. So let's see - that's about 27. something calories apiece.

Why are they in my house, you ask? Well, dh's food is so limited that he sometimes (usually) needs something sweet to kill his appetite. There is always apple pie or cake or cookies or candy around here. And I really feel I've become pretty good at ignoring most of it or limiting it at the very least. My addiction is the lite ice cream/frozen yogurt.

deleted2
05-04-2004, 06:36 PM
Cerise, I'm envious of your quest to go sugar-free. I love those kinds of challenges; it keeps things interesting! Is today the first day or are you working up to it?

Cerise
05-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Today is the first day except for that yucky Green Tea Latte.

anagram
05-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Today so far

Kashi cereal/2% milk
2 viactivs
beans and rice (300)
small orange
2 svgs fr yogurt (+ or -)
couple of slices of cucumber
1 1/2 svgs red beets
Pam fried potatoes
small steak sandwich
carrot
2 cremesavers

As of now, my plan is to crunch a cup of Heart to Heart cereal soon and then quit.

I did 50 minutes of water exercising and a little yard work today.

Amarantha2
05-04-2004, 09:10 PM
Oh, circus peanuts! I know what those are. Well, if they make dh happy, then they do have redeeming social value! :yes:

Thou wert an inspiration, Cerise, and I DID only buy one package of pb cups when I got stressed.

Edited: Whole wheat Eng muff w/btr spray 140
1 scoop Designer Whey protein, water, 1/4 c sf syrup 125

2 whole wheat Eng muffs 260
EAS van CC shake 100
1/10 Designer Whey protein bar (not good at all) 15

EAS van CC shake 100
2 whole wheat Eng muff 260

Whole wheat Eng muff 130
2 EAS van CC shakes 200

2 white choc pb cups 230
Fruit smoothie (frozen mixed berries, Splenda, water) 60

1 scoop Designer Whey protein, water, 1/4 c sf syrup 125

Total 1745

Exercise: 30 min. walk, abs

:coffee:

Wildfire
05-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Breakfast: Half of a breakfast/granola type bar thingy, green tea

Lunch: Single :burger: from DQ, Diet Coke

Dinner: Baked halibut, broccoli/cauliflower conglomeration
Large coffee, apple-cinnamon donut :doh:

Did I mention that my new job keeps a refrigerator stocked with bottled water for us? :yes:

Amarantha2
05-04-2004, 11:25 PM
That's really a plus for the new job, Wildfire! You're doing great ... :cp:

I'm going back and edit my report as it was a wee premature!

deleted2
05-05-2004, 08:00 AM
celery-carrot juice
ww bagel w/ lite cream cheese, lettuce, onion, cucmber
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2

low-fat apple bran muffin
1 oz. cheddar
apple

Salad [lettuce, vegs, salsa, ff ranch, veg. 'chick' patty, a few crumbled corn chips
5 chocolate covered strawberries

snax: banana
1 cup soup

calories: 1420
fiber: 35 grams
fat: 40 grams

exercise:25 min. Pilates
3 miles treadmill
30 min. step video

SKYFIREFLY
05-05-2004, 08:23 AM
This is a great idea so I guess here it goes.
Breakfast: Atkins morning cereal with a little 2% milk, 2 coffees black
Lunch at a conference it wasn't easy: salad, 1 slice of dark rye, 1 slice of cheese, turkey, ham, lettuce and tomatoe, 1 little scoop of macorni salad.
of course I had to have a little slice of choc. peanut cake it was good!
Dinner: steak kabas on the grill with mushrooms, onions, salad with blue cheese balsamic vinegar dash of olive oil
1/2 of a fudgies had my husband eat the rest of course he can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exercise: Tues. nite at Gram's I chased 4 grand kids around gotta count for something.
I plan on being good today, and exercising at the gym. We'll see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ceara
05-05-2004, 10:30 AM
Lofty Cerise, and very commendable. And Doable I think. I don't eat a lot of refined sugar as it is....I'm just a food freak!
Yesterday morn was bad, however the lunch through to bed was good...I finally drank lots of water, and didn't eat after 7...and NO WINE! 1 NSV under my belt!

Today

2 :coffee: w/cream (so far)
1 c cantaloupe melon
1/2 c Crispex cereal
1/2 c 1% milk
(this was in one bowl for brekkie)

Am now doing laundry and other stuff. In other works, keeping outta the cupboards!

Ceara

Cerise
05-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Sugar free? Huh.

Last night I answered the call of the Powdered Gatorade...this morning I awoke and poured the rest of it out into the trash.

So, today is Day 1! Again!

Eydie, clarifying: I'm not going sugar-free, exactly. Just refined, unnecessary sugar is out. And I still get chocolate, as long as it's fine. And dark. I know the difference, trust me. For instance, today I'm having lovely organic hemp granola that is sweetened somehow (not sure exactly how), but I'm eating it because it's granola, dammit, and I'm not adding any sugar. I'm talking about candy, sugar added to cereal, coffee, etc. Ice cream. Gatorade :rolleyes: .

If I want a sweet treat I have to bake it with unrefined sweetener. Is this making any sense?

Yesterday's eating:

Breakfast: yucky blended green tea/honeydew latte.

Lunch: leftover Ethiopian, 1 cup total (assorted beans and spinach in curry-type dish), and accompanying flatbread.

Dinner: large amounts of pizza, Gatorade.

Snack: granola, soymilk.

Sigh. Will keep trying.

Amarantha2
05-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Yowza!!! Welcome to Skyfirefly!!! Thanks for joining our journaling challenge ... your menu looks delicious!!!!! I'm going to send thee a pm in a few minutes and hope that's ok!!!!

Huzzah to Cerise for that powdered Gator now residing in the trash!!!! Thou beist on the right track, o mighty :queen: ... YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Stay :strong: ... Sis boom bah!!! :cheer: Om shanti! Keep going!!!! Yowza!!!

To all, I have exercised (will report tonight) and finished one story for the job and am off to dentist!!!

Cerise
05-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Y'know, Splenda's not that bad...

Wildfire
05-05-2004, 06:05 PM
Breakfast: Apple cereal bar, tea
Lunch: Leftover chicken breast, handful of dry roasted peanuts, diet coke
Dinner: Still comtemplating. Just had 2 Starburst candies, but that's really not enough. I'm thinking Japanese.

Amarantha2
05-05-2004, 06:37 PM
Splenda's my salvation!

Ok, I'm down to only one pkg of pb cups today rather than the binge I just wanted to have ... in thy honor, Cerise, I did NOT buy a second package.

Nay, Wildfire, methinks two Starburst candies are definetely NOT enough for dinner!!! Japanese sounds good!!

Ok, back with report later, sorry to clog up the journal thread as I seem to be doing today. Gotta stay on the straight and narrow here!

deleted2
05-05-2004, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Cerise--makes perfect sense and it sounds more realistic than going 100% sugar-free 'cause the stuff's everywhere! I try to do this myself--I call it being a food snob--I try not to have it unless its real high-quality stuff; it's the main way I avoid empty calories, I think. You're doing great! :D

Welcome, SkyFireFly! :)

Cerise
05-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Food Snobs of the World, UNITE!!!

anagram
05-05-2004, 06:53 PM
Welcome, Skyfirefly.

Today - (excuse me) - urp!

1/2 rye bagel spread thinly w pb
2 Viactiv
tuna melt (2 sl whole wheat, 3 oz white tuna, 1 sl Swiss)
1 1/2 svgs red beets
lite ice cream
lettuce and peppers topped with 1 serving spoon of cole slaw
3 strawberries, 3 chunks cantelope, 4 chunks honeydew
6 oz sirloin tips w/peppers and onions
6 onion rings
bread pudding (approx 1 in x 3 in) w/raisins
2 cremesavers & six little anise mints
1 spoonful of some kind of green fluff that wasn't worth it
1 small cup (well actually one half of a large cup) of cheese soup; I usually love this but today something wasn't quite so good about it and somehow I suspect it's me - that my taste buds have changed enough I won't go for this again or not for another year or so anyway. It had been a long long time so I thought I could have about half what I'd had in the past but it just wasn't the same old thrill. Hooray!

I SHOULD be done for the day but may need to edit later. Still hope to get in a walk

EDIT: Did get in the walk (phew!) - add about 40 calories pretzel stix.

deleted2
05-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Orange/carrot juice
ww bagel w/ lite cream cheese, lettuce, peppers, cucumbers
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2

Salad [lettuce, vegs, ff feta, ff Italian, veg. chik patty]
3 chocolate covered strawberries

Tomato soup
2 ww toast w/ ff cheese, spinach, pepeprs, carrot, onion
1 oatmeal cookie

snax: Pria bar
1 cup strawberries w/ lo-fat ice cream sandwich

Calories: 1420
water: 10 glasses

Exercise: 3 mile walk AM
3 miles treadmill [afternoon]
300 crunches
20 min. yoga
20 min. dumbells

Third day keeping calories under 1500. Feeling very hopeful about getting down to 130 pounds!

Amarantha2
05-06-2004, 02:51 AM
LF mini pizza 250
Scoop protein powder, water, 1/4 c sf syrup 125
2 pb cups 230
McDonald's cheeseburger 330
4 white choc sf ice cream bars 400

Whole wheat Eng muff w/butter spray 140
EAS van CC shake 100

Berry smoothie: Frozen berries (no sugar), Splenda, water 60

Total 1635

Exercise: 30 min circuit training (at home, upper body weights interspersed with walking, jogging, dancing and a little bit of Body Electric)

10 min yoga

30 min walk (during a 2-hour executive session whilst covering a school board meeting)

:wave:

Amarantha2
05-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Sis boom and bah!!! :cheer: I'm bumping this in happy anticipation of all the great reports of perfect eating/exercising days we're gonna post here for Thursday!!!! Huzzah!!! Let's go out there and win one for the rational eating/fabulous fitness gipper!!! Yowza! No :devil: food allowed! Well, ok, maybe a little! Well, ok, maybe a lot! Whatever, Amarantha!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Wildfire
05-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Breakfast: zip
Lunch: small Mr. Sub turkey sub on whole wheat (235 calories), snack size plain potato chips, (240 calories), diet coke
Dinner: Rotisserie chicken, garden salad with ff Italian.

Walked for an hour under stormy skies. *Bliss!* :rain:

anagram
05-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Thursday

Slimfast meal bar
half garlic bagel w/margarine
viactivs
half cup cottage cheese w/tspn apricot preserve
half cup applesauce
pretzel stix

Dinner is to be
half chicken breast
cob of corn
lettuce salad w/Greek dressing

EDIT - ATE LESS CHICKEN (ABT 3 OZ) AND ADDED 60 CALORIES OF CROUTONS TO THAT SALAD.

And then ---------
I found the H.C. caramel i.c. sandwiches mentioned recently by the Empress. I PLAN to ration them carefully. They were on sale plus I had a coupon to triple a .50 off coupon so I felt the shopping gods wanted me to have them.

Did 50 minutes in the pool today and walked the silly grocery store about an hour. I wish they'd stop rearranging stuff for a week or two. But my body's telling me I've moved the last several days.

deleted2
05-06-2004, 09:06 PM
celery-carrot juice
ww tortilla w/ lite cream cheese, boiled egg, spinach, peppers, onion
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
[I know it's weird that I have fresh juice and coffee 20 min. later. :coffee: ]

tomato soup
2 ww w/ lite cheese, spinach, peppers, onion
1/2 Mojo bar

2 ww w/ boca burger, onion, lettuce, mustard, ketchup
cucumber slices w/ ff Italian
strawberry popsicle

snacks: 1/2 c. cantalope***banana
1 btl. frappicino

calories: 1635
water: 8 glasses

exercise: 2 mile morning walk
3 miles treadmill [afternoon]
20 min. weeding garden

Amarantha2
05-07-2004, 04:55 AM
It's a quarter to two and there's no one in the place except me and you ... well, me, actually, as I'm assuming all of you are asleep. Just got in from council meeting and accidentally failed to save my Thursday food log so I could post it here. I had 1670 calories, though, and no pb cups. However, I DID have the :devil: BK French toast. The rest was whole wheat Eng muffins, EAS and sf ice cream. Not balanced, no vege. Have to do better but calories are the basic thing I'm trying to get down right now. Exercise was 45 minutes on :tread: and 15 minutes abs/back in weight room (including crunches, planks, yoga for lower back ... can't remember the name of the pose). Avanti, all! I'll have a menu report for Friday!

anagram
05-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Friday
mix of Kashi cereals w/2% milk
2 viactivs
tuna melt (2 sl whole wheat w/tuna & 1 sl Swiss)
2 svgs fr yogurt
1 large fresh baked pretzel at the Farmers' Market
1 Zone bar
applesauce

Am satisfied right now but may have pretzel stix or Kashi cereal to munch if I stay up too late.

Have bought one piece of peanut butter fudge appox. 1 1/2 in square, expect to treat myself on Mother's Day. At least that's the plan.

Exercise was walking the Farmer's Market - at least 45 minutes.

Amarantha2
05-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Ok, posting this early in hopes to avert disaster. Still working but plan to quit eating. No healthy stuff, just kind of bingeing on sf stuff:

2 ww Eng muffs 260
EAS van CC shake 100
2 sf white choc ice cream bars 300

3 ww Eng muffs 390
2 EAS van CC shakes 200

EAS van CC shake 100

4 sf white choc ice cream bars 400

2 sf white choc ice cream bars 200

2 mixed berry smoothies (frozen berries, Splenda, water) 90

Total 2280

This isn't as bad as it looks caloriewise, as I'm not actually eating the whole ice cream bar about half the time. I'm just craving the crunchy outside.

Exercise: 10 min speedwalk, 50 min weights, all with trainer

I've had NO candy or BK breakfast stuff today!

deleted2
05-08-2004, 09:55 AM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
ww tortilla w/ egg sub., cheese, spinach, onion, pepeprs, salsa
low-fat cranberry muffin
1 c. strawberries and pineapple

blueberry bran muffin
1 oz. cheddar
1 ff fig newton

tortilla chips w/ corn-black bean salsa
5 baguette slices w/ cheese
Slim-fast bar

snax: low-fat ice cream sandwich
celry-carrot-apple juice

calories: don't know
exercise: none
water: 6 glasses

This was a strange food day for me. Once again, I had that feeling of TOTALLY running out of energy so I kinda panicked and started eating whatever was close at hand to get me going. Didn't work. Late evening I finally got it togther enough to make some juice and that perked me up a little. I wonder what's going on? It's gotten suddenly hot here, so maybe I'm adjusting to that?I really don't like hot weather.

anagram
05-08-2004, 02:31 PM
Posting early to keep track

2 cinnamon buns
2 viactiv
2 svgs carrot, cauliflower, broccoli mix w Swiss cheese
Healthy Choice I.C. sandwich
1 carrot
Wendy's Taco salad w/0 the sour cream
2/3 of the single serve pack of taco chips
2 circus peanuts

Amarantha2
05-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Ok, I deleted my earlier post about working up a weekly plan. It's not in the cards for this week. If I can develop a good spreadsheet for doing it, it might be a good idea for my next initiative.

Here's my menu report for now. I'd like to stop eating right now, but will edit in any changes. Yowza!!!

BK French toast sticks/syrup 470
Orange juice 140
Lf milk 100

1/4 roasted chicken breast 60

2 whole wheat rolls w/butter spray (for day) 250
Sf white choc ice cream bar 100

2 whole wheat rolls w/butter spray (for day) 250
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

Total 1810

Exercise: Rest Day!

Amarantha2
05-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Bumping this!!! My weight shot up astronomically, so I need this thread more than ever!!!! Straight and narrow, no BK breakfasts anymore!!!!! :) Ok, bye!!!

Edited/add-on: Been thinking about the weight gain. It could be muscle, as I've been lifting heavier. It could be hormones. It could be water, since the temp has gone up here but I've been drinking less water. It could be the BK French toast breakfasts are more calories than the book says they are (because the amount of oil absorbed in the French toast sticks seems more than would be warranted by the calories listed). It could be my calories are just too high. Also, I did not even reach my goal of 350 minutes of exercise, even though I'm lifting heavier, so I need to do that this week. It could be the d&&&& scale's wrong (it's not, it's extremely consistent).

Ok, my calories are just too high, even though I did better this week. So I'm challenging myself to get the average weekly total between 1500-1799 AND I'm doing a mini challenge to see how many days I can go no higher than 1699!!! This is day one! I'll be back with my report tonight. I realize it's Mommy Day but I'm gonna get back into the 140s this week or die trying ... ok, not die. I apologize for putting this in the menu thread when we're trying to stay focused and not discuss, but it has to do with EATING! Sheesh!!! I hate that :devil: Scale. He's just this close to being turned into a lamp!

anagram
05-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Sunday

slimfast shake
2 viactiv
SMALL PIECE OF PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE THAT MADE IT IN MY HOUSE FOR TWO DAYS (ACCORDING TO PLAN) BEFORE BEING CONSUMED AS A MOTHER'S DAY TREAT
ground steak burger on roll w/lettuce
carrot
few slices cucumber
small piece apple pie
1/3 of individual package of taco chips
half rye bagel w/pb
applesauce
2 servings lite ice cream w/cherry sauce

allowing for either pretzel stix or cereal snack later

No exercise today but did walk last night (forgot to report)

deleted2
05-09-2004, 09:55 PM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
crustless low-fat cauliflower-muchroom 'quiche'
orange

2 veg hot dogs, 2 ww buns--mustard, ketchup
1/2 c. baked beans
1 lowfat lemon bar

ww roll w/ egg, lite cream cheese
1 cup cabbage-ramen salad w/ 2 tbsp. cashews
2 low-fat lemon bars

snax: 1 frappicino bar

calories: ?
exercise: none, but I got 1/2 the garden planted!

deleted2
05-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Take heart, dear Amarantha! Do you have a plan of some kind for next week? I find it helps me immeasurably to plan my meals the night before; it's not written in stone, but it's a plan!

Amarantha2
05-09-2004, 10:20 PM
No plan, :queen: E! Was going to do a week's meal plan and post it, but it just isn't happening. It's very hard for me because my work schedule is so haphazard and all over the place. I do have my spreadsheets (and this thread) for journaling what I'm eating and I just plan to bring the calories down and up the exercise. My day one of under 1699 calories didn't quite work ... I'm at 1700, but I can live with that! :) But it doesn't matter because I DO intend to get back into the glorious 140s soon. May hop on in the middle of the week and if it's down, I'll take that as my official weight for the week ... whatever works! I am not discouraged ... I think it's just that I had several binge weeks and then didn't cut back enough last week, even though I did better, so it caught up with me. If I hadn't done better last week, the weight gain could have been more.

Here's my report. I don't intend to eat anymore and am still not feeling like exercise, but will come back and edit if either occurs:

Whole wheat Eng muff w/butter spray (counted for day) 140

2 whole wheat rolls w/butter spray 260
Giant white choc pb cup 140
EAS van CC shake 100

2 EAS van CC shakes 200
2 whole wheat rolls w/butter spray 260

Berry smoothie (frozen mixed berries, water, Splenda) 60

Myoplex Lite Bar (cinnamon roll flavor) 190

Mini pizza 250

EAS van CC shake 100

Total 1700

Exercise: rest day

ceara
05-10-2004, 09:56 AM
I'm back....

Week end...not bad but a blur....scale was going in the right direction, but after lunch out...what a spread, simple lunch at someone's home..HUH...and dinner at my MOM's...which was everybody bring a dish, and we barbequed steak (which I had) and ribs (which I didn't), and small desserts at both functions...I DID NOT get on the :devil: scale this am.

Monday
3 c :coffee: w/5% cream
3/4 c crispex cereal
1/2 c 1% milk

1/2 c cole slaw (homemade by my Mom)

2 C greek type salad

1/4 c peas
1/2 c pasta
4 oz chicken
marmalade/barbecue juice 1/3 c
1/2 c cole slaw

500 ml water...so far

Have choral rehearsal so will be busy this eve...perfect for NOT eating!!!
Will drink instead :s: water that is!
No exercise...but lots of laundry and odds and ends done!

Empress A you are entertaining even when you are talking to yourself!

Ceara

Amarantha2
05-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Thank, Sword Bearer!!!! (re the entertaining thing)!! :) Thy weekend soundeth delicious!!!

I'll be back with a good report later, folks!!!

deleted2
05-10-2004, 06:05 PM
Can't seem to pull my food scene together today. I feel all nibbly and prowly for some reason and am consuming too much sugar. I'm sure I'll go over my beloved 1500 calories today, but tomorrow is a new day, etc.
Good news is I had a good sweaty workout. I'm still loving my "Firm" videos!

Wildfire
05-10-2004, 09:07 PM
South Beach, The Return: Phase 1, Day 1

Breakfast: 2 eggs, scrambled
Lunch: Chicken breast with peppers, onions, salsa, cheese
Snack: handful of dry roasted peanuts
Dinner: Meatloaf (extra lean), truckload of broccoli

Cravings: Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate!! Haven't succumbed yet. :tape:

Homicidal potential: Moderate

Afterthought: Would homicide count as exercise? :chin:

anagram
05-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Monday

Mix of Kashi cereals /2% milk
2 viactivs
Slimfast meal bar
lofat yogurt
pretzel stix (still less than a full serving for the day)
half order salmon Caesar salad
a few bites of ham and parts of dh's salad - way under 100 calories but let's say it's that many anyway

Will be having an i.c. treat in a few minutes - either a 1/2 svg lite ice cream or a Healthy Choice caramel sandwich

No exercise again today except as outlined by ceara - up and down stairs the whole livelong day.

Amarantha2
05-11-2004, 03:03 AM
Ok, this should prove my commitment to this journaling challenge because this is reaaaaallly what we call a FREE day. I will never get my weekly average into the 1700s now, but anyway:

EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

2 ww Eng muff w/butter spray counted for day 280
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

Dilled salmon 120
Corn 70

EAS van CC shake 100

Lf banana milk 400
4 pb cups 460
Baked Lay's potato chips 220
Dulce de leche milk 390

Total 3200

Exercise: 30 min weights (upper body) in gym
15 walk (at home)
10 yoga (Wae Lana tape)

deleted2
05-11-2004, 07:51 AM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
crustless cauliflower-mushroom 'quiche'

sprouted wheat tortilla w/ beans, cheese, salsa
lo-fat lemon bar

ww bun w/ egg, lite cream cheese, lettuce
1/2 cup cabbage-ramen salad
lo-fat lemon bar

snax: Slimfast bar
2 cookies
6 chocolate kisses
Lo-fat lemon bar

calories: ?

Exercise: 45 min. sculpt. video
30 min. treadmill [at high incline!]

SKYFIREFLY
05-11-2004, 08:21 AM
Hello,
Sorry I haven't signed in lately but couldn't figure out how to get back into this area!
Oh well!
Monday I did okay with having:Akins morning cereal
coffee
Lunch: Black Bean soup homemade
1 piece of 50%fat red. jalapeno cheese
Dinner: sausage and peppers, onions, spaghetti sauce, cheese
on 1/2 a roll.
Then, I went for a 35 min. walk came home and the hubby was eating his dill potatoe chips and I ate 2 handfuls. Oh well at least I stopped there I guess.
Does anyone know if that Crystal Light is okay to use? I THAT OF COURSE JUST ATE CHIPS LAST NIGHT! WANTS TO JUMP BACK ON THE GOOD ROAD TODAY! Also what is this Viativ I see lots of people using do you still take calcium pills? Oh well if you get time let me know! Have a super day!
Skyfirefly

ceara
05-11-2004, 08:49 AM
:coffee: All right!!!! Scale is nudging in the right direction. The day went as planned with water ending it.

Onto the second day. :p

Have Storytime this am and a board meeting to chair tonight....yippee...so I am off. More thunder boomers last night and really noisy little frogs. :?:

Am planning a good one! Portion control is the buzz phrase of the day! ;)

Ceara :lol:

anagram
05-11-2004, 09:45 AM
Viactiv is a calcium supplement w/500 units per "chew" plus D & K. They are little chewable squares in various "candy" like flavors. Currently I have milk chocolate but there are others like caramel & strawberry. I report them because they have 20 calories apiece. I then take no other calcium supplement but make sure I get additional calcium in my diet to make my recommended level of 1200 units.

Amarantha2
05-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Welcome back, Skyfirefly!!! I sent you a pm awhile back and was hoping to see you again!!!! :wave:

I don't do Atkins so don't know about Crystal Lite ... it doesn't have sugar but sometimes artificial sweeteners act like sugar in the body. Maybe some of our South Beachers or Atkins members know?

Hi to all returning :queen: s!!!! Portion control, yea, Sword Bearer, and in addition CALORIE CONTROL be my watchword today! I haven't exercised yet as I needed to do two deadline stories but WILL exercise sometime and am challenging myself to a 1600ish kind of calorie day to get that nasty ol' weekly average back in line!!!

Yowza, guys!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! Huzzah! Amen!!! Sis boom bah!!! :cheer: Never give up the ship!!! Hooray, it's a brand new day ... with no mistakes in it (yet), saith Anne o' Green Gables! Amen!

I'm taking a weaving class tonight and will be back after that with a full report!!!!

anagram
05-11-2004, 02:48 PM
Got my 50 minutes of pool exercise in. Edit - also got a good walk in around the garden center.

Oatmeal w/2% milk
1 viactiv
slimfast bar
salad w/Greek dressing
lite ice cream
16 oz Coors Lite :o
meat loaf
rice
carrots
salad w/ranch on the side and lightly dipped
pretzel stix

ceara
05-11-2004, 07:45 PM
Monday Food so far

1/2 c crispex
1/4 c 1 % milk
3 :coffee: w/5%cream

1/2 c stewed rhubarb (sweetened barely with Splenda)

1 10" pita
1/2 apple
3 mushrooms
3 oz tuna
1 T Light Hellman's
1/2 rib celery
1 gr onion
( I chopped this up in the mini processor and made lunch...same tomorrow as it makes enough for 2 and I only ate half...see this month's Prevention mag...)

1/2 apple

1 med red skinned potato
1 tsp light ranch (on the potato)
1 BQ sausage
1/2 tsp mustard
1/2 c corn
1/2 c cole slaw

Now off to the board meeting to drink....water!!!!

Ceara

Amarantha2
05-11-2004, 07:58 PM
Decided to post early as hoping to eat no more tonight. Couldn't make the 1600s or do much exercise, but anyway:

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

EAS van CC shake 100
Whole wheat Eng muff w/btr spray (counted for day) 150

EAS van CC shake 100
Whole wheat Eng muff 130

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

1.5 servings apricot-curry chicken 150
Fruited brown rice 115

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

Whole wheat Eng muff 130

Total 1745

Exercise: 5 min abs, 25 min walk

That's all folks!

Wildfire
05-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Breakfast: nada
Lunch: 6 chicken nuggets
Dinner: baked salmon, broccoli/cauliflower, and I caved and had 1/2 cup Japanese sticky rice. :kickcan:

deleted2
05-11-2004, 09:40 PM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
2 oat. cookies

sprouted wheat tortilla w/ beans, cheese, salsa, ff sour cream
frappicino bar

1 1/4 cups cabbage-ramen salad w/ 2 Tbsp. cashews
low-fat ice cream sandwich

snax: 2 ww toast w/ lite butter
lo-fat cranberry muffin
1 cup veg soup

calories: 1655

exercise: 15 min. yoga
2 miles treadmill
8 min. tae bo video

ceara
05-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Y E S ! ! The dreaded scale is admitting a set back. We'll see what WI tonight brings. Ended the day as expected....still no formal exercise...not even balls, the dogs would need water wings :s:

Breakfast will be the usual....
2 :coffee: w/ 5% cream (my treat to myself)
1/2 c crispex
1/2 c milk

1 rather largish pear

1 8" ww tortilla
1/4 apple
3 mushrooms
3 oz tuna
1 T Light Hellman's
1/2 rib celery
1 gr onion
(the other half of yesterday)

1 apple

1 prepackaged...300 cal frozen dinner..yuck

after 8:30
1 sausage
2 8" tortillas
3 T hummus, spread on above

Went to bed to keep from eating

4 c water

Ta Rah! Portion control and mental effort together!

Ceara :dizzy:

Amarantha2
05-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Huzzah and congrats to thee, Sword Bearer, for thy win over :devil: Scale!!!! :cheer:

That news heartens Amarantha to snatch a caloric victory outta the day!!! Huzzah and hooray!!! Everyone's doing such a great job so methinks victory over the :devil: will be ours en masse this week!!!! (It had BETTER be or mine's a lamp!)

My goals today are to eat in the 1500s and to kind of catch up on enough exercise so I'll be better positioned to reach my 350 minutes for the week. Be back anon with a report!!!!

anagram
05-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Wednesday

Slimfast shake
2 sl ww bread w/Swiss - grilled
applesauce
Healthy Choice i.c. sandwich
pretzel stix
kielbasi
potato
sauerkraut
fruit and oatmeal bar

I'm planning for a cup of Heart to Heart cereal for tonight's snack.

Exercise for the day was yard work.

Amarantha2
05-12-2004, 10:02 PM
Didn't make my 1500 challenge, but*the week's average is sliding down. Maybe tomorrow. Been experimenting with having the caloric day turn over at approximately 11 p.m. to midnight instead of after midnight. So those late calories go onto the next day. Since I work erratic hours, this is helpful as I do need to eat later at night than most people and if I don't have calories left, I just binge. It's the total weekly calories that really count and I'm trying to keep those down. Seems to be helping but it's just an experiment:

EAS van CC shake 100

Whole wheat Eng muff w/btr spray count for day 150
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

1/2 svg cold apricot-curry chicken 50

2 Zen bakery whole grain cranberry raisin cookies 400

Dilled salmon 120
Corn 70

Fruit smoothie (frozen mixed berries, water, Splenda) 60

2 cups complete nutrition soy beverage 260
1/4 c sf syrup (mixed with the soy drink) 35

Total 1635

Exercise: Walk 60 min. at home, 40 min. weights in gym, lower body only ... very comprehensive and somewhat heavier since not trying to do the whole body at once anymore ... that's just exhausting.

deleted2
05-12-2004, 10:03 PM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ egg white, lite cheese, 2 soy 'bacon'
3 cookies [I was baking at work today.]

ww bun w/ boca burger, ketchup, mustard
cabbage ramen salad w/ 1 tbsp, cashews
lo-fat cranberry muffin

2 w w/ veg. 'turkey', ff cheese, mustard
1 cup lentil-veg. soup

snacks: 1 cup sweet. ice coffee
lo-fat ice cream sandwich

calories: 1890 [YIKES! must strive for 1500 tomorrow...]

exercise: 30 min. dumbells
100 crunches
90 min. yardwork

Amarantha2
05-13-2004, 12:55 AM
Eydie, can we have a STRIVING FOR THE 1500s THURSDAY CHALLENGE?!!!!

Strive, strive, strive, strive, strive!!!! Yaaaaaay, Team!!!!

deleted2
05-13-2004, 07:57 AM
You got it, Empress! Will report tonight. :D

SKYFIREFLY
05-13-2004, 08:20 AM
Thank Goodness the work week is coming to a close the weather will be 86 makes it hard to go in to work. Oh well!
menu for wed.:
Akins cereal
w/

Well hello everyone its going to be 86 here in NY today thats something to be happy about after our long winter!
Wed. menu:
Akins cereal w/2% milk
coffee 2 cups
salad w/ cottage cheese, beets, few croutons, sprinkle of cheese, 1 tomatoe, red pepper, onion, hot pepper rings, 1 T. peppercorn ranch dressing and some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and spices. 1 piece of jalapeno 50%reduced fat cheese. WATER!
2 slices of Italian bread with 2 grilled chicken bratwurst
1 fudgie, 1/2 ice cream sandwich
Water with lemon sliced in it!
Thats it I guess I could of done with out that 2nd ice cream? Oh well can't get to crazy now can we?
Have a great day!
Journal keeping seems to help stay on track better, gotta exercise today yesterday to wiped out to get my self doing any more than a bit of weeding in those flower beds.
Skyfirefly

SKYFIREFLY
05-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Welcome back, Skyfirefly!!! I sent you a pm awhile back and was hoping to see you again!!!! :wave:

I don't do Atkins so don't know about Crystal Lite ... it doesn't have sugar but sometimes artificial sweeteners act like sugar in the body. Maybe some of our South Beachers or Atkins members know?

Hi to all returning :queen: s!!!! Portion control, yea, Sword Bearer, and in addition CALORIE CONTROL be my watchword today! I haven't exercised yet as I needed to do two deadline stories but WILL exercise sometime and am challenging myself to a 1600ish kind of calorie day to get that nasty ol' weekly average back in line!!!

Yowza, guys!!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!! Huzzah! Amen!!! Sis boom bah!!! :cheer: Never give up the ship!!! Hooray, it's a brand new day ... with no mistakes in it (yet), saith Anne o' Green Gables! Amen!

I'm taking a weaving class tonight and will be back after that with a full report!!!!

Hello and good to hear from you again. Thanks for all the support on this site it helps stay focused on the valued outcome of reaching my goal!
Skyfirefly

ceara
05-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Thursday
Weigh in news...down 3 lbs. Now this is good. Am striving to do it 2 weeks in a row for a change.

Food so far....
2 :coffee: w 10% cream :o
1 1/2 eggs (I shared with the old dog)
1 celery rib
1 gr onion
2 oz feta
2 mushrooms
1 8" ww tortilla....I ate 1/2 of the omlette wrapped..the other with a fork.

Will add later....
Ate late last night but it was hungry not munchie...
Ceara

Amarantha2
05-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Sis, boom, bah!! :cheer: Let's be careful out there today, Journal Challengers, it's a Bad Food Jungle!!!! :yikes:

Eydie, thanks for taking me up on the 1500s challenge (er, that's IN the 1500s, not AT 1500, right?!!!! :) )

Skyfirefly: You're doing great!!!! Glad you're with us!!! The grilled chicken bratwurst sounds delicious!!

Sword Bearer: Huzzah and congrats on the THREE POUNDS DOWN!!! :cp: :cheer: I know you'll make your two-weeks-in-a-row goal because you're gonna STRIVE, STRIVE, STRIVE, STRIVE, STRIVE!!!! :yes:

We can do this! :coffee:

anagram
05-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Ah, Empress, I think I got lost in the jungle today.

1 mocha muffin
6 oz sirloin tips w/onions & peppers
6 onion rings
3/4 cup bean/ham soup
serving spoon each of cole slaw, broccoli salad, three bean salad
2 strawberries, 2 or 3 chunks ea of honeydew and cantalope
1 glop ea of an orange flavored froth and a berry flavored froth
2 small squares of bread pudding
1 H.C. ice cream bar
And I'm sure there will be a small snack yet tonight. So while not exactly a binge day, it's not a weight loss day either.

So I'll call it my "free" day and try to do better tomorrow. I was not "out of control" - believe me, if I were I'd still be typing the food list. Just should have been, say, a slimfast breakfast if I were going to a salad bar. The H. C. bar was my "dinner".

Amarantha2
05-13-2004, 09:06 PM
Looks like a delicious free day, Anagramatic! Seems pretty darn good from the perspective of one who ate into the 3000-cal range this week! :angel: Looks like you just grazed a bit at the salad bar but I'd bet the whole day doesn't add up to too many calories and you're satisfied and enjoyed it and thy metabolism's probably the better for it. Man, if I'd been at that salad bar, I wouldn't have done so well. I think thou deserveth a medal!

Eydie, I HAVE MET THE STRIVE FOR THE 1500s CHALLENGE!!! Yowza! I still have the last item on this list as a final meal, so should actually make it all the way. D'you want to play this game again, tomorrow? Winner of two days in a row in the 1500s wins, well, nothing, but it'd be fun! :yes:

My Strive for the 1500s Challenge Day Report (ta-da):

Zen bakery whole grain cranberry raisin cookie 200

Total nutrition soy beverage (2 cups) 260
Sf syrup in soy drink 35

*Super shake 0
Total nutrition soy beverage (1 cup) 130
1/4 c sf syrup 35
*1 scoop Designer Whey vanilla-praline protein powder 90

Zen bakery cookie 200

Big white choc pb cup 230

1.75 whole wheat Eng muffs w/butter spray 240

1/4 c sf syrup 35

Total 1585

Exercise: 60 min jogwalk punctuated by jumping jacks, 10 min abs

deleted2
05-13-2004, 09:54 PM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww toast w/ veg. 'turkey', ff cheese
raisins

2 ww rolls w/ soy crumbles, tomato sauce, ff cheese
wha guru chew

Thai brown rice, vegs, spicy tofu
frappicino bar

snax: ff choc. pudding
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
1 tbsp. peanut butter

calories: 1580 [okay, it's better.]

exercise: 40 min. walk

anagram
05-13-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the good words, E, but I've done yet more damage. Although still restraining from what I feel like.

serving of heart to heart cereal
sliver of lemon meringue pie
2 marshmallow peanuts

I'm assuming Fresh Start cards are available on Fridays as well as Mondays. And I must make the point once again that were I not trying to journal everything, I likely would have had MUCH more today.

deleted2
05-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Amarantha, I'm going to to my best to stay around 1500 calories today. I won't know for sure because I'm going out for dinner tonight at a Mexican place. [I do want to declare my intention to not have any of the chips while we're on the subject!]
And tomorrow night we're having dinner at a friends house so I won't know the real calorie count there either. Will do my best though to guess---I always guess high.
I'm feeling inspired this morning because I weighed myself and it showed 134 pounds. I'd love to lose a couple more pounds by my birthday. :)

Amarantha2
05-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Yo!!! Anagramatic, I think I saw :queen: K over at the palace with some Friday Fresh Start Cards!!!! Yowza!!!! No worries, I think the Friday cards are very effective!!! :wave:

Yo, Eydie!!! Congratulations on the weight droppage!!! Huzzah! You're doing great. Not meaning to dragoon thee into my STRIVE FOR THE 1500s FRIDAY CHALLENGE, think thou shouldst enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, thy Mexican restaurant jaunt ... even without the chips!!! :yes:

As for moi, I'm officially doing my STRIVE FOR THE 1500s FRIDAY CHALLENGE!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: I'm gonna strive, strive, strive, strive, strive, and arrive at the 1500s!!!! Huzzah!

Gotta run!

Amarantha2
05-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Well, my Strive-for-the-1500s Challenge went kerplunk because I worked in one of my towns that always seems to make me run for the convenience store to fight stress. Here's the damage:

Sf syrup 35
Scoop Designer Whey van praline protein powder 90

Total nutrition soy beverage (2.5 cups) 325
Sf syrup 35

Whole wheat Eng muff w btr spray (counted for day) 150

Whole wheat Eng muff 130
Electrolyte replacement/hydration beverage (for day) 30

2 bottles Yahoo (one choc fudge, one milk choc) 560
2 pb cups 230
3/4 oz white choc bar 115
Baked Lay's 220

2 EAS van CC shakes 200

Edited: Whole wheat Eng muff 130
EAS van CC shake 100

Total 2480

Exercise: With trainer, walked 10 min (fast), 50 min weights (upper body, some abs ... e.g., planks, etc.)

I'm now officially not going to make my goal for a weekly calorie average less than last week, but we'll see what :devil: Scale saith and hope for better things next week.

anagram
05-14-2004, 10:33 PM
Friday

Mix of Kashi cereals w/2% milk
8 oz lowfat yogurt
1 sl ww toast topped with cottage cheese
apple
pretzel stix
pork chop
green beans
2 small rolls w/smidge of apricot jam
diet jello
1 svg pb marshmallow lowfat fr yogurt (160 cal so I have to measure much more carefully than when I'm eating a 90 or 100 cal type) - dh brought this home for me and I'm crazy about it but it is a much higher calorie item than I normally get - but then a H.C. I.C.sandwich is 169

I may yet have two marshmallow peanuts as I seem to be craving a bit tonight. That's another 60 calories or so.

Exercised in pool today for 50 minutes - a good workout. All in all, a day on the plus side for me.

Hang in Empress - I found the Friday Fresh Start card helpful and I suspect there's one for Saturday/Sunday as well. In fact, I think there are extra credit ones available for restarting on the weekend instead of waiting for Monday.

Amarantha2
05-14-2004, 11:48 PM
Hope so, Anagram, as I'm about to update ... really just starving and am having a bit more food! Don't know why but may as well just eat! :yikes:

anagram
05-15-2004, 06:55 AM
I do understand having those "starving" days (See Thursday). Some days it doesn't seem like it's that much effort but others nothing seems to fill that hollow. Hope it's not a lot of stories from **** this weekend and that you get some peaceful "me" time.

deleted2
05-15-2004, 08:54 AM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
rice w/ vegs, scrambled egg whites, soy 'bacon', 1/4 cup cheese
1 cup carrot/orange juice

2 ww toast w/ hard-boiled egg, humuus, lie cream cheese, red peppers
chocolate-almond biscotti***coffee

[at rest.] 1/2 order vegetable fajitas**1 tortilla
rice**beans**little salad thing w/ sour cream
and lots of fresh salsa slopped over everything!

Snack: frappicino bar

exercise: 4 miles treadmill
25 min. abs video
strenuously cleaned interior of 2 cars!

anagram
05-15-2004, 02:02 PM
Saturday

one half rye bagel w/1 tspn pb
orange
6 fish stix (240)
3 svgs broccoli, cauliflower, carrots (60)
diet jello
pb marshmallow frozen yogurt (200)
salad w/ Greek dressing
ground steak burger on bun
more diet jello
2 marshmallow peanuts
Kashi Heart to Heart cereal

Yard work for exercise.

I think I might declare today an "off" day. Maybe not. But leaning that way

Amarantha2
05-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Depression hit this afternoon. Must be the heat or the reversal of the earth's magnetic field or something. Anyhow, ate a bit more than expected. We'll see what the :devil: saith tomorrow:

Whole wheat Eng muff w btr spray (counted for day) 150
EAS van shake 100

EAS van shake 100
Myoplex Lite Bar 190

1 c total nutrition soy beverage 130

Shake: 1 c total nutrition soy bev, 1 scoop DW protein 220

EAS van shake 100

2 pb cups 230
Edited: 2 EAS van shakes 100

Total 1940

Exercise: None

Week's Calorie Average: 2030 (Goal was 1500-1700s)

Week's Exercise Minutes: 315 (Goal was 350)

Here's to reverse polarity of :devil: Scale!

:flow1:

deleted2
05-16-2004, 08:40 AM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
brown rice w/ vegs, scrambled egg whites, soy bacon, 1/4 c. cheddar

2 ww w/ hard-boiled egg, humuus, lite cream cheese, red peppers
choc. biscotti****coffee

veg. lasagna
small salad w/ lo-fat italian
chocolate pound cake**2 chocolate-dipped strawberries

snax: weight watchers ice cream bar

exercise:55 min. cardio/sculpt video
1 hour washing windows!

Amarantha2
05-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Hmmm. No gain, no loss. So to maintain 151.5, I ate approximately 13.45 calories per pound of bodyweight, so I should reach 149 if I eat an average of 2011 per day this week. We KNOW that won't work, but cutting it down to an average of 12 per desired poundage might (or at least it'd help the cause). That'd be an average of 1788 (less would work better), so that's what I'll shoot for this week. To make that happen, I need to hedge my bets with some lower cal days AND not have any free days that are freer than maybe 2000 (less would be better). Will continue to strive for 350 exercise minutes. :yes: Ok, bye! :)

anagram
05-16-2004, 08:46 PM
This is one of those days I really don't want to report but to keep the honesty in this journey, I must.

Muffin
Slimfast bar
apple
Healthy Coice ic bar
salmon
salad w/honey mustard dressing on the side
cream of crab soup
sweet potato
lemon poppyseed cheesecake
2 cups decaf w/cream

NO exercise and not enough water.
:o :o :o :o

Amarantha2
05-16-2004, 09:00 PM
Anagramatic, that doesn't look so bad! I apologize for commenting, as I know we don't comment on each other's plans, so please forgive me, but it doesn't seem as though you've overeaten caloriewise, at any rate. Again, please forgive the intruding remarks. I just think you're doing great. By comparison with me, you're an :angel: ... calorically speaking! :)

Here's mine. I'm going to drink the last shake on this list later and go all the way to midnight (and possibly all the way to first light) on this, but will update if need be. May exercise later but it seems unlikely. My main goal this week is calorie control:

Shake: 1 c total nutrition soy bev, 1 scoop DW protein 220
Whole grain nutrition cookie 200

Grilled salmon w/dill 120
Sweet white corn w/lf btr sauce 70
Broc & lf cheese 50
EAS van CC shake 100

2 pb cups 230
EAS van CC shake 100

2 whole wheat Eng muffs w/butter spray 280
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

Total 1570

Exercise: Rest day, maybe yoga later

deleted2
05-16-2004, 09:43 PM
Ugh. Don't ask. It was all a blur today. I was at work, there was a reception, and I vaguely remember sour cream dip, cookies and lots of those new caramel chocolate kisses. Pure evil--dont even start with those, trust me.
Tomorrow begins a new glorious week and I have to be on my toes because I'm going to be really busy. I want to work out every day and count calories faithfully. I've finally gotten to the supermarket and am well stocked with lots of produce so I have no excuses.
We can do this! Think royal thoughts!!! :)

anagram
05-16-2004, 10:58 PM
Comments always welcome, Empress. Truthfully I don't think I went WAY HIGH but certainly it wasn't a weight loss day. And I did pass on the fresh bread and the butter and the most rich of dressings for the salad. But the delicious cream of crab soup was very creamy and the cheesecake was just luscious. I do find days like these are sometimes helpful to me if I don't go nuts and binge because if I'm too tight with me then I tend to lose it and eat empty calories or things I don't really enjoy all that much. Believe me, I enjoyed what I had for dinner. Nice restaurant, good friends and no alcohol.

Fresh Start Tomorrow! Will not weigh in, for sure.

Amarantha2
05-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Cream of crab soup sounds sooooo lovely, Anagramatic! I've never had anything like that.

I'm thinking of making a low fat cheesecake with whipped up cottage cheese ... I used to do that years ago, although I guess I could make it with lf cream cheese instead. It's a thought, but not tonight.

Amarantha2
05-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Yes, :queen: E, we CAN do this!!!! I am thinking royal thoughts (tapping head ala Winnie-the-Pooh and murmuring: "Think, think, think!")!!!!!!!! :yes:

Amarantha2
05-17-2004, 11:47 PM
High day, but that's ok! I'm still miles away from as high as I was last week at this time, so I have hopes!

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190
Hydration/electrolyte drink (for day) 15

Super shake: Nutritional soy drink w/DW pro pwdr 220

Mini Greek pizza (tomatoes, Fontina cheese, spinach) 250
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

2 white choc pb cups 230
Carlos V bar (white choc) 120

Lf cheese stick 80
Crackers & pb 250
Edited: 1/2 c nutritional soy beverage 65

Total 2200

Exercise: 10 min :tread: , 45 min weight room (LB), 15 min walk at home at noon, total: 60 min

SKYFIREFLY
05-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Cream of crab soup sounds sooooo lovely, Anagramatic! I've never had anything like that.

I'm thinking of making a low fat cheesecake with whipped up cottage cheese ... I used to do that years ago, although I guess I could make it with lf cream cheese instead. It's a thought, but not tonight.

Amarantha, Great work out good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your cheese cake recipe sounds good if you get a chance would you share it?
Well I haven't really moved my scale but I haven't raised those numbers either and so thats okay. This week I need to exercise and encourage myself to eat well and healthy. Yesterday I worked in the flower beds for 2 and half hours digging up big plants and seperating them and re planting. So that was a good work out. But my evening dinner was a bit high.
Monday: yogurt with 2T. granola and almonds
1 slice of cheese with a slice of ham
coffee
1 cup pasta with roasted vegetables and grated cheese
2 cheese slices with ham and cuke rolled up
1/2 of a sub a few pieces of choc. little candies
1 handful of baked chips
Not awful but the sub is lots of carbs with the bread. But after all my gardening I wasn't cooking supper that was for sure. I love my gardens but its a lot of work but a great work out.
Skyfirefly Good luck everyone and everyday is a new begining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amarantha2
05-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Yo! Realized that instead of the EAS I'd listed for last night, I'd substituted a half cup of the soy drink, for 35 less calories, so my average for the week is looking better.

Hi, Skyfirefly!!!! I haven't made the cheesecake yet ... I used to make them by whirling ff cottage cheese in a blender and adding lemon and a bit of sugar. These days I might use Splenda. I made a crust out of a few crushed graham crackers, some Grape-Nuts and some of what I used to call "diet butter" ... these days, I think I'd just go whole hog and use a premade graham cracker crust (the lowfat kind). I'll have to think about it.

Ok, May Journal Challengers, let's go out there and win one for the Journal Gipper (or something)!!!! Huzzah!!!! Let's make this the greatest weight management and fitness journaling day in history!!!!

I, for one, am declaring a challenge for myself to eat in the 1500s range, although I do intend to have my daily dose of white chocolate!!! Huzzah!!!

Amarantha2
05-18-2004, 09:23 PM
Ok, posting early whilst the final EAS on this menu is chilling. Will come back and edit if anything changes but I need to stay with this count as my weekly average is looking better and I want it to get better still. There's not much in the way of balanced nutrition here, but for now, it'll have to do:

Mini Greek pizza w/spinach, tomatoes, fontina cheese 250

2 white choc pb cups 230
Slimfast vanilla 220

Slimfast low carb creamy vanilla 170

3 white choc sf ice cream bars 300

EAS van Carb Control shake 100

Total 1675

Exercise: 50 :tread: & 5 abs, all at gym

anagram
05-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Tuesday

slimfast shake
half a choc covered donut
8 saltine squares sandwiched w/pb
4oz yogurt
1/3 of a poptart
2 scrambled eggs w/ham
3 English muffin halves w/apricot preserve
1 1/2 svgs lite ice cream

Such balanced nutrition! No water, no exercise

EDIT : ADD 2 MARSHMALLOW PEANUTS

Monday

2 slices ww toast topped w/cottage cheese
tuna salad w/cheese & BACON (2 SLICES) on grilled rye
asparagus
2 strawberries, four grapes, 2 bites orange
1 and a half grilled cheese sandwich
several slices of banana and several of apple
ice cream sandwich (190)
cake - modest

more good nutrition! No exercise, not enough water.

SKYFIREFLY
05-19-2004, 08:26 AM
Ok, posting early whilst the final EAS on this menu is chilling. Will come back and edit if anything changes but I need to stay with this count as my weekly average is looking better and I want it to get better still. There's not much in the way of balanced nutrition here, but for now, it'll have to do:

Mini Greek pizza w/spinach, tomatoes, fontina cheese 250

2 white choc pb cups 230
Slimfast vanilla 220

EAS van Carb Control shake 100

Total 1675

Exercise: 50 :tread: & 5 abs, all at gym

Hey, that mini greek pizza sounds mighty good. I will try to do that cheese pie up this weekend. I also have a strawberry one I'd like to try bought the stuff but I have been too busy in the gardens after work to make it. Yesterday I did pretty good with watching what I put in my mouth but its not easy!
Breakfast= 2/3cup of raisin bran cereal w/ a little milk
Snack= 1 piece of cheese
Lunch= 1 large salad with romaine lettuce, cheese, rolled up ham slices, red and yellow peppers, onion, cuke and balasmic vinegar with olive oil and spices.1/2 of a granny smith apple
Dinner= 1 bowl of homemade onion soup with a bit of cheese
1 piece chicken tender ooops!
1 low carb yogurt and some almonds
Not too bad of a day at least I tried. No real exercise worth counting yesterday I will try to fit it into my busy schedule today.
Skyfire fly Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amarantha2
05-19-2004, 04:22 PM
Your day looks good, Skyfirefly! You're doing great. Thanks for sharing your report!!!

Que pasa, Eydie & Anagramatic???!!!

Sword Bearer, be thou out there?

Ok, it's way early but I'm working and have to go back to the mountains to do a late meeting, soooooo, here's my report:

Exercise: 15 min jog waiting for gym to open, 20 min upper body weights!

Food? It is to laugh! There's no report ... I'm just losing it foodwise today and don't even know what I've eaten. There goes the weight loss again, I'm afraid!!! :yikes:

Gotta go do the paying stuff and then stuff more food into myself!

Sounds like a plan!

anagram
05-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Sounds like what I felt like for Monday & Tuesday (see above) but then when I wrote it all down it wasn't as bad as I thought, Empress. Not real good but not as bad as I expected it to be.

Wednesday

mix of Kashi cereals w/2% milk
1 half cup svg cottage cheese w/pineapple (100)
8 squares saltines spread litely w/pb
apple
light ice cream
6 pretzels (132)
ham & green beans (bought in a restaurant - a mistake - not much of it which is ok when you're watching what you eat, not very good, very salty so I'll be forever getting rid of that effect)
1/2 svg carrots
mashed potatoes
roll w/margarine
2 marshmallow peanuts

Will have approx 100 calorie snack yet.

Worked out well at pool - water up to snuff

deleted2
05-19-2004, 07:11 PM
Hmmmm...must be something in the air. I too have been feeling the primal need to stuff as much food down my dainty swan-like neck as I possibly can. Probably haven't gone over 2000 calories daily, but eeeeee, bad choices! Craving bread and butter and cookie-like things and chocolate, naturally---and here I am with a houseful of fresh veggies! Must be close to "my time" as my old granny used to say!

Also, I've been having some computer issues---the old machine's just slowing down. Unlike us---time for a second wind, friends! Let's see if we can finish out the week in grand style.

To catch up: here's Tuesday's efforts!

Coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ ff cheese, peppers, onion, spinach
low-fat blueberry muffin

1 ww toast w/ lite butter

Salad [lettuce, vegs, ff dressing]
1 serving cheese crackers
coffee***biscotti

5 coconut-marshmallow cookies

asparagus w/ 2 scrambled eggs, chives, 1 tbsp. cream cheese

1/2 pc. homemade veg. pizza

calories:1875

exercise: 1 miles treadmill
1 hour gardening

deleted2
05-19-2004, 09:30 PM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
2 w w/ lite cream cheese, peanut butter, lettuce, carrots

almond granola bar

2 pcs. homemade veg. pizza
1 choc. chip cookie

banana

lo-fat macaroni and cheese
steamed brocolli
chickpeas

CALORIES: 1635

EXERCISE: 25 min. yoga
20 min. dumbells
45 min. walk

SKYFIREFLY
05-20-2004, 08:01 AM
Hello everyone!
Well I just weighed in and the scale moved hooray!!!!!!!!!! Anything is better than nothing I say!
My goal is to lose at least another pound by next Monday! I figure if I try hard and stay away from that ice cream in my freezer and don't have my fried fish I'd like on Friday maybe I got a chance? My son and his wife are coming for a visit and we are traveling to Maine to a wedding so I'd like to look my best. I haven't seen them since Christmas and I have lost some more weight. I have to say only lost a total of 10lbs. but my goal for right now is another 9. It seems to me once I get to that then it will be another 5 and that would be wonderful. I don't feel deprived or hungry and have taken it off slowly, and if I feel like having something then I do and try to adjust the rest of my day or the next day. Well thanks for your support everyone and good luck and I will also need luck to continue my outcome goal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The big 50 is creeping in on me and I said its not going to keep me down. I feel good!!!!!!!! My daughter always says mom its cause your so busy and active that you don't look your age. Nice comment from your 30 year old daughter I'd say! Thank God for great kids!

2/3 CUP RAISIN BRAN
1 YOGURT WITH ALMONDS AND BIT OF GRANOLA

SALAD WITH TUNA, CHEESE , CUKES, PEPPERS, BALSAMIC VINEGAR , OLIVE OIL
1HARD BOILED MED. EGG
SMALL CUBE STEAK W/MUSHROOMS, CHEESE
1 ROLL WITH ROAST BEEF SLICE, LETTUCE , TOMATOE, ONION, HOT PEPPERS
BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1/2 CUP EDY'S ICE CREAM
LOTS OF WATER THROUGH OUT MY DAY .

Amarantha2
05-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Keep going, Skyfirefly!!! You're doing great! :cheer:

I'll be back with my report tonight. I'm going to try a 21-day challenge and will post it on another thread for anyone who wants to join me ... open to all clubs, lurkers, distant cousins, etc. I, for one, need a little jazzing up of my program and something new to do online, but don't intend to leave this thread (or the queens either). Later ...

Amarantha2
05-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi, to :queen: E as well!!!!! Your calories are looking great there!!!! :cheer:

Hi to all absent members!!! :wave:

deleted2
05-20-2004, 09:41 PM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
2 ww w/ lite cream cheese, peanut butter, lettuce, carrots

1 cracker w/ humuus
red pepper, cucumber w/ low-fat ranch dip
a few chocolate kisses
2 oatmeal cookies w/ cheesecake spread
{at reception}

banana w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter

1 bottle frappicino

2 ww tortillas w/ veg. fajitas [squash, peppers, onion], 1/4 cup pepper jack

5 chocolate covered strawberries

Calories:1650

exercise: 25 min. upper body stuff
3 mile walk

anagram
05-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Thursday

one half rye bagel w/pb
orange
lots of salad and fruit (salad bar) & tastes of this & that
2 small squares of bread pudding
cup of ham and bean soup
4 small squares of apple crumb thing topped w/frozen yogurt
6 fish stix
frozen yogurt
2 marshmallow peanuts
Kashi heart to heart

45 minute workout in pool - yardwork
enough water

Amarantha2
05-21-2004, 02:35 AM
Hmmm. My 21-day challenge got me through the drive home from a very late meeting without stopping to binge. I think I'm onto something:

2 white choc sf ice cream bars 200
Myoplex Lite bar 190
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

Mini Greek pizza 250
EAS van CC shake 100

Dilled salmon 120
3/4 corn serving 55
EAS van CC shake 100

Myoplex Lite bar 190
EAS van CC shake 100

Total 1695

Exercise: 60 min walk

:cheer:

SKYFIREFLY
05-21-2004, 07:53 AM
Hmmm. My 21-day challenge got me through the drive home from a very late meeting without stopping to binge. I think I'm onto something:

Myoplex Lite bar 190
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

Mini Greek pizza 250
EAS van CC shake 100

Dilled salmon 120
3/4 corn serving 55
EAS van CC shake 100

Myoplex Lite bar 190
EAS van CC shake 100

Total 1695

Exercise: 60 min walk

Hey, good for you nice positive attitude I'd say!
Well I thank you because this thread the journal track has helped me get off my butt and now I am losing again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So thank you for all the support and starting this!
Last night was a busy one and all day long yesterday I ran around work like a chicken with my head cut off so I didn't offically exercise but I had to get some in! At any rate the scale doesn't lie I guess and I have moved to 1/2 lb down from the other day. So I feel good!
Thurs. 1 yogurt with little granola and almonds
2 coffees
1 large salad with Waldens fat free, sugar free etc. , cuke, ham, cheese grated in, few dried cranberries, walnuts, almonds, gr. and yellow peppers, onion, 2 hard boiled eggs.
Grilled chicken br. in my George Forman then made a hot sauce with Red Hot and a little butter, vinegar. Asparagus steamed with spices.
1/2 cup of ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 carb control yogurt There Ok???????????
So not too bad but the weekend will be tough I have a party at a friends. So today I am going to ask what will be served so I can prepare myself ahead of time. Maybe if I plan on it ahead I can adjust what I eat before I go! Well gott a get to work it Friday and I already have put in extra time and hope to get out a bit early today and come home and get my cleaning done.
Have a great day everyone!

ceara
05-21-2004, 09:01 AM
Am emerging from muck. Blub, Burp. Don't know what I've eaten. Well, yes I know I've not eaten appropriately...which does not mean I've been binging on junk...just too much of good, healthy things...darn it! :shrug:

So have logged into 21 day challenge...will check in here later.

Good work Skyfirefly! This is a holiday week end for us...is it your Memorial Day yet? Congrats on a day under the belt Empress A! :cb:

Ceara

SKYFIREFLY
05-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Am emerging from muck. Blub, Burp. Don't know what I've eaten. Well, yes I know I've not eaten appropriately...which does not mean I've been binging on junk...just too much of good, healthy things...darn it! :shrug:

So have logged into 21 day challenge...will check in here later.

Good work Skyfirefly! This is a holiday week end for us...is it your Memorial Day yet? Congrats on a day under the belt Empress A! :cb:

Ceara
Hello,
Next weekend is our holiday and we are traveling to Maine to a wedding . So this weekend I am going to try to be good but it will not be easy as I have a party on Saturday. I will try to zoom in on the healthy things but that most likely won't last. Today was a crazy one I hurried out the door and left with 2 differnt sandals on but similar styles. Oh did we roar at work! It was really funny thank God I did not have any meetings or emergencys today to go to and had a pr. of extra sneakers. At least that was funny , my flat tire was not and hopefully I don't need a new one. Never a dull mommet. Good luck with your weekend and have a lovely holiday!!!! Skyfirefly

anagram
05-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Friday

Slimfast shake
orange
2 slices ww topped with cottage cheese
1 svg lite ice cream
1 marshmallow peanut
pretzel stix
2 smallish slices meat loaf
2 svgs potato
1 and 1/2 svgs green beans

There will yet be a snack in the 100-200 calorie range.
Plenty of water and yard work for exercise.

Amarantha2
05-22-2004, 01:41 AM
Yo!!! The 21-dayer saved me from another binge, so here's the damage:

EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

BK French toast sticks w/syrup 470
2 white choc pb cups 230
Lf milk 100

1 cup Reese's pb cup cereal 175

Greek mini pizza w/spinach, sundried tom, fontina cheese 250
EAS van CC shake 100

1/4 cup Reese's pb cup cereal 45

Total 1660

Exercise: 60 min weights w/trainer, 10 :tread: , 10 min run w/trainer

anagram
05-22-2004, 07:31 AM
Cpngratulations on the great save!

Ummm. make that about 300 calories of additional snacking last night.

Healthy Choice i.c. bar - 169
2 marshmallow peanuts - fortunately both of these tempting items are now gone and it will be a good while until they're purchased again.
pretzel stix

SKYFIREFLY
05-22-2004, 08:16 AM
Friday's are tough I must say and yesterday was one of the craziest days in awhile. But I survived I guess and thats what counts and now a nice long weekend is ahead of me with Monday off. My son and his wife are do in from Seattle and I haven't seen them since Christmas can't wait. So housework and gardens need to get polished up this weekend, so there is my exercise I figure. Only working 3 days next week and then taking off to Maine for a wedding the kids are in, should be lots of fun. With gas prices proably the only away vacation this year, only short trips are in for this summer. We are about 7 hours away from Maine so thats not to bad. Well hope the rest of you have some good things planned for the summer its short but sweet huh?
Friday's Input: 1 yogurt, coffee = no time
1 large salad with left over grilled chicken br. with hot sauce on it, cukes, tomatoe, romaine lettuce, grated cheese low fat, onion, Casear dressing. Oh so good, gonna do this one again. could of had croutons though!
Baked Pita chips with salsa = snack
3 slices of pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But it was sooooo good!
Being I hadn't had too much to eat overall until my pizza the scale this morning showed I lost another 1/2lb. so I guess it was okay. But I know I can't do that often or I will be in deep dooodoooo!!!!!!!!!!
Well its raining so much for yard work for the momment, going to garage sales with my daughter for awhile . Have a super day, even if the sun isn't shinning its SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Skyfirefly

deleted2
05-22-2004, 09:56 AM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
1 pc. homemade veg. pizza
2 soy 'sausage' patties

1 pc. veg. pizza
apple
2 chocolate chip cookies

cucumber-bean salad
cabbage-soba salad w/ 1 tbsp. cashews
carrot, cucumber, red pepper-w/ low fat ranch dip
1/4 ww pita
1 hard-boiled egg

1 slice heavenly caramel-blackberry cake!

Calories: ?

exercise: 2 mile walk

Amarantha2
05-22-2004, 11:00 AM
:doh: Mmmm. Caramel-blackberry cake ... :angel: ...

Sorry (again) to sound like a recruiter for the 21-day challenge :drill: but wanted everyone interested to know there's now a prize and that anyone can win no matter when they start, because anyone who's already doing it may experience a lapse and the days have to be consecutive.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!! The 21-Day Challenge Club Prize Committee hath announced that a small NON-VIRTUAL AWARD OF HONOR will be snail mailed to the first challenger to complete their 21-consecutive days!

This prize program is a one-time offering and will be administered by Amarantha, who is not eligible to win the prize (since obviously she intends to be first and she started first!!! :D )!!! The eligibility caveats are thusly: The prize winner must complete 21-consecutive days of their challenge and be regularly reporting in on their progress to this thread (at least twice a week) because we need to support each other. The winner must notify Amarantha by email or pm of a snail mail address to send the prize (could be a PO box to preserve anonymity, the prize will be small, although the committee doesn't know what it is yet! :coffee: ).

Amarantha hath promised to purchase said prize in a real store, not weave, bead, crochet, knit, carve or otherwise craft it herself! She warns, however, that said prize will be veeeery inexpensive and a mere token of honor for the stalwart 21-day winner!!! (So don't get too excited, challengers)!

In the event a snail mail address is not received from the winner or the winner doesn't want the award or in the event no one wins before July (say, we all give up because we ain't got the stuff), no prize will be awarded. If Amarantha hath already purchased the award she will have sole discretion as to what to do with it! :yes:

Huzzah! Bye all!

;)

anagram
05-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Saturday

muffin (big one)
slice meatloaf on English muffin w/ketchup
light ice cream
1 ginger snap
salmon Ceasar salad
1 1/2 piece flatbread w/cheese spread
6 French fries (dh's - I'd never order them as then the calories would count)
2 cups decaf w/cream
4 chocolate after dinner mints
half a zone bar

exercise = watching someone else dig
Enough water

Amarantha2
05-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Thou art quite correct, Anagramatic. I definitely remember reading a scientific study showing that French fries ordered by one's spouse are calorie free.

Too bad I don't have a spouse.

Ok, my 21-day challenge went pfft today. It was only 2.5 days old, too! :(

Howsomever, I WILL START DAY ONE AGAIN TOMORROW AND PRESERVE!

Anyhow, here's the damage:

2 EAS van CC shakes 200
3/4 cup Reese's pb cup cereal 135

Greek mini pizza (spinach, sundried tomato, fontina cheese) 250

1 c Reese's pb cereal 175

1 c Reese's pb cereal 175
EAS van CC shake 100

Shake: 1 scoop soy protein powder, 1 scoop Designer Whey 200

Greek mini pizza (spinach, sundried tomato, fontina cheese) 250

4 c Reese's pb cereal 700

Shake: 1 scoop soy protein powder, 1 scoop Designer Whey 200

Total 2645
Exercise: Two 20-minute walks whilst doing the paying work!

Huzzah!

Missed my 350 weekly exercise minute goal by 20 minutes!

Don't even wanna try and figure out my weekly calorie average. Next week, my 21-dayer will save me from all these binges!

deleted2
05-23-2004, 08:36 AM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
ww bagel w/ egg, lite cream cheese

cucumber and carrot sticks w/ lo-fat ranch dip
cabbage-ramen salad w/ cashews

coffee***1 slice of that divine caramel-blackberry cake

cucumber and carrot stix w/ lo-fat ranch
cabbage-ramen salad w/ cashews
2 ff fig bars

1 handful cheese crackers

calories: ? [I haven't been in a cipherin' mood lately. I have to get back to it!]

exercise: 2 1/2 miles treadmill
30 min. weeding garden

Amarantha2
05-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Everyone's doing so well on this thread (me, too, sort of). Inspired by Cerise on the 21-day challenge, I bought lots more berries for my all fruit smoothies. I need to stay at 1700 or below for 21 days now and have accordingly lowered my goal for exercise minutes to 330 and even PRECOUNTED a glass of soymilk for later tonight in case I flounder in the I'm-Too-Hungry-To-Care-And-I-Have-To-Work-Tomorrow mode in the p.m. ... will be back with report. Just wanted to say hi and thanks to this thread and the 21-er, I've lost 1.5 pounds, even though I floundered around all week.

anagram
05-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Such wonderful news. Great weight loss, Empress.

Honey, I've been postiNg FAITHFULLY on this thread. Not always good news but posted.

Sunday

muffin again
2 large slices French toast (made with Challah bread) = so good I needed no syrup, etc.
2 spoonfuls of dh's homefries (see prior remark about calories not counting when I steal from his plate)
3 slices (thin) orange
1 small slice meatloaf
cantelope
1/2 rye bagel spread litely w/pb
more cantelope

Plan to have a serving of light ice cream maybe w/couple of pretzels

Exercise was yard work and watching yet another couple come dig out hostas and daylillies. Enough water, tea, Tab, etc.

Amarantha2
05-23-2004, 11:15 PM
Hi, Anagramatic, want to make sure thou seeist this so posted on palace thread also: ... and did not mean to imply that thou'd not been posting faithfully! :) Thought thou'd gone away for a day or so and just meant I always look for thy posties! Must have been mistaken, apologies!!! :yes:

Hard to keep up sometimes! My brain gets tired ... :)

Amarantha2
05-23-2004, 11:16 PM
Greek mini pizza 250
Myoplex Lite bar 190

1 c fortified soymilk 130

2 pb cups (white choc) 230
1 Slimfast can (vanilla) 220

2 EAS Carb Control van shakes 200

1/4 c fortified soymilk 35

Grilled salmon w/dill 120
Grilled corn 70

2 EAS Carb Control van shakes 200

Total 1645

Exercise: 20 min Wai Lana yoga relaxation tape [/color]

deleted2
05-24-2004, 06:58 AM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
ww bagel w/ cream cheese, with chopped egg

Mojo bar
3 chocolate chip cookies :o

Cabbage-soba salad w/ cashews
5 soy 'chicken' nuggets w/ ketchup

snax: lo-fat ice cream sandwich
1 serving cheese crackers

exercise: 15 min. yoga
[I'm definitely out of my exercise groove. Last week was overwhelming work-wise, now I have to find my way back.]

SKYFIREFLY
05-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Girls those weekends are tough!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially with parties!!!!!!! Lets forget Saturday I fell off my wagon sort to speak the crab dip and those little flat breads with cheese melted on them got me!!!!!!!
Sunday much better except for a little root beer float, and 1 little brownie.
Sunday: Cereal, coffee, 1 low carb yogurt and a salad, Spaghetti Sauce my homemade, with meat balls, 1 pork rib, 1/2 c. pasta, 1 brownie and 1 small root beer float with reg. soda!!!!!!!!!!! Not too good huh? Well I guess some days are just like this. Today I am going to be better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats one nice thing you write it off and start again. I will try to eat better and stay away from those brownies and goodies I bought for the kids coming home from Seattle. We are getting a bad storm between 8-9 and they are due in at 9:50 so I hope there will be no problems. Can't wait to spend time with them it will go quickly I am sure.
Skyfirefly

anagram
05-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Monday

Mix of Kashi cereals w/2% milk
cantelope
nibbles of cheese, ham, six Twigs crackers
diet jello
lite ice cream
zone bar
1 carrot
1 and a 1/2 "pig w/o blanket"
1 slice Texas toast

There'll be something else yet - either pretzels, more ice cream, whatever. I'll try to be between 100 and 200 calories. If I DON'T have any more, I'll be sure to edit.

55 minutes of water workout plus some yardwork. Met water goal.

Amarantha2
05-24-2004, 09:47 PM
Posting this here, too, sorry, I'm compulsive about the 21-day thing:

Hear ye, hear ye ... eeeny, meenie, chile beanie, the spirits are about to speak, er, ANNOUNCEMENT:

The esoteric and unnamed officials of this contest have notified Amarantha that the requirement of checking in twice a week in order to be eligible for the fab nonvirtual prize that will be mailed to the first person completing 21 consecutive days of their challenge be a tad taxing on the challengers. So everyone will be eligible for the prize (except Amarantha) who posts at all!!! Huzzah! That is all! Now a word from our sponsor ...

Amarantha2
05-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Myoplex Lite bar 190
EAS van CC shake 100

Myoplex Lite bar 190
EAS van CC shake 100
Myoplex Lite bar 190

2 pb cups 230
Baked Lay's chips 220
Carlos V bar 120

Slimfast creamy van low carb can 190

EAS van CC shake 100

Total 1630

Exercise: Gym ~ 25 weights, lower body and hanging ab crunches (a.m.); home ~ 20 min ez walk (p.m.)

SKYFIREFLY
05-25-2004, 07:41 AM
Here goes nothing this week will be very different for me I am sure due to company and extra's around the house. Those brownies, pizza and wings!!!!!!!!!!

Monday: 2 coffee's , scrambled eggs with broc, onion, 1 slice sour dough toast plain
salad with romaine, cheese, croutons, almonds, ham and vinegar, olive oil seasonings.
1 lg. slice of pizza, 5 wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 brownie slice
24oz. water, 16oz. flavored water
We have a wedding to go to on Saturday in Maine I am eating what ever that day no counting or thinking about it so I have to try to be better for the next few days! Will I beable to? I guess it takes a little will power and encouraging words or tips would be helpful! Thanks, Skyfirefly

deleted2
05-25-2004, 07:54 AM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
carrot-orange juice
ww bagel w/ lite cream cheese

1 oz. cheddar

2 ww tortillas w/ humuus, cucumber, carrot, lettuce

1 1/4 c. strawberries and pineapple

1 cup soy mocha

boca burger w/ ff cheese
1 cup brocolli, onion, peppers, potatoes
2 ff fig bars

calories: 1540
exercise: 3 miles treadmill
30 min. dumbells
10 min. lower body stuff
15 min. yoga

Amarantha2
05-25-2004, 08:47 AM
Sending encouraging wedding vibes to Skyfirefly!!!! Yowza! I think it's great that you're planning on really enjoying food at the event ... that's what life is all about (IMO) ... My only tip (since thou mentioneth it) is just to take a half sec at the end of the day or the next day and jot down a broad description of what you ate so you are staying in your 21-day challenge of journaling and that might help you feel on top of things ... journaling doesn't have to be a detailed count or anything, IMO ... it can be anything from doing spreadsheets (which I do but I'm obsessed) to making a checkmark on a piece of paper ... yowza, have fun, Skyfirefly!!!!

Yo, Eydie!!!! :wave:

We're all doing great, methinks!

ceara
05-25-2004, 10:07 PM
Bippity Bump!

Day 1 food...Tuesday May 25.

8 oz 1% milk, hot with instant coffee in it
1 hard boiled egg
1 med apple

2 c salad greens
1/2 tomato
1/2 celery stalk
1/4 green pepper
2 tsp chopped zuccini
1 tsp vidalia onion
2 tsp sliced black ripe olives
2 oz feta cheese
1 T greek dressing

1 pear

4 oz pickerel (baked)
1/2 c green beans
1 c mixed salad
1 tsp salad dressing greek

1 ricola cough drop

1000 ml water...so far....think I'll go drink and read.
Walked the road.
Y E S !
Control maintained.

Ceara

anagram
05-25-2004, 11:11 PM
Tuesday - six more days to go

Slimfast
2 servings (4) graham crackers spread w/pb
canned pears
lite ice cream
Smart Ones rice and beans
1 ear corn
green peppers
1 ginger snap
2 hard candies

Enough water - no real exercise

May have another 100 calories or so though not really hungry at the moment. Maybe some milk or juice.

SKYFIREFLY
05-26-2004, 07:58 AM
Tues.
Kind of a crazy eating day due to company and being a bit off the normal schedule. I decided not to weigh in until Friday this week.
Kashi cereal heart to heart with a bit of 2% milk, coffee
salad w/ roamaine lettuce, strawberries, walnuts and casear dressing
1 low carb yogurt and 1/2 cup cottage cheese
1brownie small
habenero hot cheese with some 7 grain crackers
meatball , sauce and 1 cup of zita
6 oz. oj

Not too bad but a bit different we didn't eat until 9 at night due to my son remodeling his little sisters kitchen. He does such great work its a gift she wouldn't of been able to have if he hadn't helped her out. I am very pround of my adult children and how they help each other out. We must of done something right by raising them I guess. Its so nice to have my son and daughter in law here for a visit. Well off to work today and Thurs. then hooray off until Tues. the kids leave on Wed. morning. Big picnic on Monday when we get back for them to see all the family.
Keep up the great work and everyones menu's look great. I'd like to try some of that greek salad dressing is it homemade?
Skyfirefly

anagram
05-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Wednesday

2 sticky buns
2 slices ww toast topped w/cottage cheese
canned pears
1 1/2 svgs light ice cream
large slice meat loaf
1 and 1/2 svgs carrots
2 slices apple walnut bread
1 cup yogurt (strawberry cheesecake)
pretzels

No exercise - not sure if enough water or not.

Amarantha2
05-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Done eating for today!!! Hooray! Here's the damage:

BK French toast w/syrup & 1/2 carton lf milk 520
Fruit shake (frozen berries, water, wheat germ, Splenda) 85

Mini pizza 250

2 T pb 210

2 c soymilk with sf maple syrup 295

2 T pb 210
EAS van CC shake 100

3/4 EAS van CC shake 75

Total 1745

Exercise: Rest day except for 10 min weights in gym (upper body) and 10 min Wai Lana yoga at home!

SKYFIREFLY
05-27-2004, 07:37 AM
Wed:
Kashi Heart to Heart cereal
w/ milk
salad w/cheese grated in, tomatoes, croutons, almonds, balsamic vinegar/olive oil
1 sm.low carb yogurt
snack: cheese and 6 seven grain crackers
kielbasa w/sauerkraut 2 slices Italian bread
1 sm. ice cream cone , rockroad!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was it for my day and no real exercise other than a long walk in from the parking lot at work, stairs, shopping.
Scale reports down 1 lb. more Hooray! I am at a low at least since 6 years ago or more. This journal and the site have been great motivators for me . Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Skyfirefly Feeling Great!!!!!!!! We can do it after all!

ceara
05-27-2004, 08:30 AM
Wed May 26 Day 2

1 c hot 1% milk with instant coffee
1/2 c oatmeal
1 c honeydew melon

2 c salad w/feta, olives
1 T greek dressing (it is good...Costo tho)

1 apple

1 lean cuisine chicken teriaki bowl
1 1/2 c salad...just greens and crunchies, no feta or olives
1 T greek dressing

1000 ml water
walked the road
no food after 7!
Got my ears candled last night too!!!

Ceara

Amarantha2
05-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Thursday's damage:

Whole wheat Eng muffin with lite butter 180

Pria bar 110
Whole wheat Eng muff 130
1 T lite butter 50

3 Pria bars 330

EAS van CC shake 100

1 1/4 c soymilk with sf syrup 230

Smoothie: Berries, wheat germ 85

1/2 Pria bar 55
EAS van CC shake 100

Total 1730

Exercise: 50 min :tread: (very slow as per doc's instructions), 5 min abs (machines, punches for obliques, planks, some yoga moves). May do part of a Wai Lana tape if inclined later.

anagram
05-27-2004, 08:39 PM
Thursday

Slimfast shake
2 slices WW/Swiss cheese - grilled
lowfat fr yogurt
applesauce
half salmon caesar salad
3 or 4 forkfuls of dh's lemon meringue pie - no crust
2 after dinner candies

Enough water, I think and exercise was 2 1/4 hours yard work
Still to come, one snack - 100-200 calorie range

Editted to add another hour of yard work. I'm getting carried away.

ceara
05-28-2004, 07:57 AM
Yesterday was tough! But I DID it!
Onto Day 4!

Food Wed. May 27

8 oz hot 1%milk w/instant coffee in it
1 hard boiled egg
1 c honeydew melon

1 med apple

2 c salad w/ feta, olives and veggies
1 T greek dressing

1 pear

meatloaf
med potato
1 tsp light caesar dressing (on potato)
1/2 c green beans
2 c salad - greens and vegs
1 T greek dressing
1 large bun w/2 T butter (my hit for the week)
1 banana

1000 ml water
1 road walk
grass cutting and yard work for 1 1/2 hours
blood loss due to mosquitoes.

I was heading for a fall after supper...we ate late, I was stressed because DS [the teenager] put the meat in oven late, forgot the potatoes and it wasn't cooked through when I got home...and I was hungry! So rather than having ice cream and cookies...which are sugar or eating after 7...both of which would have toppled me, I had a banana and hit the yard 'til dark. A NSV an excellent coping mechanism...who wants to eat with mud on your hands and mosquitoes flying around your head?

Am off for another fun-filled day!

Ceara

anagram
05-28-2004, 09:21 PM
Friday

Kashi cereals w/2% milk
orange
cottage cheese
frozen yogurt
Banana
pretzels
half a chicken breast (well, less, I only ate part of it)
1 ear corn

am counting also on a snack in a little while - again in the 100-200 calorie range. last night it was diet jello w/25 calories of whipped topping and an oatmeal and fruit bar.

About an hour of yard work - enough water

Editted to add that Friday's snack was a Zone Bar

deleted2
05-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi! Back from the beach---I maintained a healthy food plan while we were there. the only thing is I think my portions were too large while we were there! Made lots of healthy choices, like resisting the donuts and danish at the continental breakfast thing, just having a bagel and cream cheese, piled with all the veggies that I'd smuggled in, and when we treated ourselves to ice cream out we opted for the sorbet. And we walked 21 miles in 2 1/2 days too!

ceara
05-29-2004, 10:11 AM
Food for Friday May 28.

8 oz hot 1% milk w/instant coffee in it
1 med apple

2 c salad w/feta, olives and vegs
1 T greek dressing

Chinese buffet...

1500 ml water
1 road walk
Some perusing of yard, but no work
general running around...lifting stuff, grooming etc.

A good day...I think I'll give me an "A". eh?

Good to see you back Eydie!

Ceara

Amarantha2
05-29-2004, 09:24 PM
Hmmm. Mine's a narrative for today: FORGET ABOUT IT! :) Starting a new 21-day challenge tomorrow. It's Saturday, I worked too late last night, sabotage and depression equal too many calories and I stopped logging about 2 p.m.

Exercise was 25 min. :tread: and 10 min abs (planks, hanging leg raises, hip flexor machine, rope crunches, bridges for lower back)!

anagram
05-29-2004, 10:36 PM
Saturday

slimfast shake
pulled pork sandwich (small but delicious)
banana
pretzels
bowl of Texas chili (no beans) beef, hot peppers, a little cheese and about 6 taco chips - really good but I don't have a clue on the calories
1 1/2 svgs frozen yogurt

Forgot about a half cup apple juice

walked a good two hours plus, low on water though

deleted2
05-30-2004, 12:54 PM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
ww bun w/ egg, ff cheese, 2 soy bacon

ww bagel w/ lite cream cheese, onion, spinach
1 cup carrot-apple juice
4 low-fat cookies

cabbage-ramen salad w/ 1 tbsp. cashews
2 servings sesame corn chips w/ black bean-corn salsa

snax: lo-fat ice cream sandwich
2 ff fig bars
1 tbsp. peanut butter

calories: 1920
exercise: 4 miles treadmill****** 10 min. tai chi
water: 4 glasses [not enough--I need MUCH more!]

ceara
05-30-2004, 03:16 PM
Food for May 29th...day 5

8 oz hot 1% milk w/instant coffee
1/2 c crispex
1/4 c 1% milk

1 lg Tim Horton coffee with cream

2 C salad w/feta and olives etc
1 T greek dressing

1 8 oz glass diet coke

1 salmon pattie
3/4 c steamed broccoli
1 med potato

900 ml water
1 8 oz glass diet lime coke.
1 road walk
Lotsa yard work
Was very tired last night.

Ceara

ceara
05-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Yes. Posting now for Day 6..May 30th

8 oz 1% hot milk w/instant coffee
3/4 c honeydew
3/4 c oatmeal

2 c salad
1 c 3 bean salad
pickles
2 c coffee w/cream
2 T dressing (we had lunch after the church service)

1 med apple

12 oz diet lime coke
1 pork chop, baked w/onion, lemon juice and BQ sauce
1 very large potato w/light caesar dressing
3/4 c brussel sprouts
1 c salad
1 Tsp dressing

water so far 500 ml
Plan to drink more.
Walked the road
Did some yard work.
Gonna go change the sheets on the bed!

That's all folks! We are under a severe T-Storm / Tornado watch...yuck! More rain maybe!

Ceara

deleted2
05-30-2004, 08:30 PM
coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
breakfast quesadilla [ww tortilla w/ scrambled egg whites, spinach, onion, cheddar, salsa, soy 'bacon']

2 ww toast w/ almond butter, strawberry jam
apple

ww tortillaw / beans, ff cheese, salsa, ff sour cream
apple-carrot juice

snax: 1 serv. corn chips
1 ff fig bar

calories: 1540
exercise: 60 min. yoga/Pilates
water: 10 glasses!

anagram
05-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Not as bad as it might have been - resisted potato salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, chips. Ok that's the good part - here's the rest

1/2 onion bagel w/ margarine
cantalope
hamburger on bun - onion - tomato slice
hot dog on bun - bare
4 little red beets
5 little pickles
2 little green olives
2 little pretzels
frozen yogurt (200 calories - it was that pb kind)
2 cups or so of broccoli, cauliflower, carrot mix
abt 2 oz sharp cheese melted over above
applesauce w/2 ginger snaps

25 minutes of yard work.

Amarantha2
05-31-2004, 12:24 AM
Here's the damage for my new Day 1! Not nutritionally balanced but calorically good. The wheat germ is really good in the fruit shakes. I think I'm going to try putting in some vege as well, when I get some. I'm being very precise with the butter spray now. It says zero cal but it isn't, since it has food in it, so I'm counting a half a calorie for each 10 sprays (since it has to be less than .5 for them to legally claim it's zero cal). Using a lot on a muffin still only adds up to approximately 10 calories per muffin and it tastes like 100:

White choc sf ice cream bar 100

Mini pizza 250

Electrolyte replacement beverage 15

Mini pizza 250
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

Shake: mixed berries, wheat germ, water, Splenda 85

2 whole wheat Eng muff w/butter spray 280

Total 1780

Exercise: None (rest day)

Amarantha2
05-31-2004, 12:26 AM
Re the thing about the butter spray, ok, it's a TAD obsessive. Huzzah! Sis boom bah!

Amarantha2
05-31-2004, 09:30 PM
:yikes: I'm three-in-a-row here!

Anyway, here's my report for Memorial Day, which was a working day:

EAS van CC shake 100

Electrolyte drink 15

2 EAS van CC shakes (pc for trip) 200

2 giant white choc pb cups 460
EAS van CC shake 100

EAS van CC shake 100

Total 1755

Exercise: 10 :tread: , 60 weights with trainer (still slow and light)

anagram
05-31-2004, 09:56 PM
Monday - MAY 31ST

Ok - there were healthy choices at the cookout and I ate many but sampled a few of the odd other things as well.

Kashi cereal w 2% milk
cantalope
burger on bun
two hot dogs - no bun- and not the soy dogs either (naughty)
cuc salad
4 little red beets
1 1/2 svg cole slaw
1 svg pasta salad (or less)
about 3 pieces each broccoli and cauliflower
1 cup birch beer
1 1/2 svgs of jello salad (made w/cool whip & cream cheese)
cottage cheese
more cantalope
pretzels
frozen yogurt
1 piece candy

So, not good but could have been MUCH worse. Passed on potato salad, chips, cake etc. Only exercise was enjoying the upper body massage by visiting massage therapist niece from CA. Waater not great either.

Not the best way to end the month. And to top it all, the scale this morning was way up. Can't imagine tomorrow. Sigh.

Amarantha2
06-01-2004, 06:09 AM
IMHO, you did really well, Anagramatic! I'd have been in the chips, cake and potato salad!!! Don't listen to Demon Scale. He lies like a rug! :yes:

ceara
06-01-2004, 09:15 AM
You did great Anagram...that is just a temporary thingy with :devil: scale...you'll drop back fast!

Food for Monday May 31 Day 7

8 oz 1% hot milk w/instant coffee
3/4 c oatmeal
3/4 c honeydew melon

1 oz skim milk mozz cheese
1 pear

1 c black bean soup
2 homemade sourdough biscuits

1 apple

2 c salad w/veggies and olives
2 oz cold meatloaf (on salad) I'm into 1 bowl things I see.

800 ml water (low, low, low)
1 road walk (which I clocked..1.4 km one way...I do both)
some house work and laundry

Off now to the next day....8 :yikes:

Ceara

deleted2
06-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Anagram, don't sweat it, you did really well! You made great choices, remember that.

Here's Monday's efforts:

coffee w/ ff 1/2 and 1/2
ww tortilla w/ scrambled eggs, cheese, onions,, peppers, corn, salsa, ff sour cream

ww tortilla w/ beans, cheese, vegs, salsa, ff sour cream

2 ears corn w/ pepper jelly
apple
ff choc. pudding

calories: 1485
exercise: 55 min. cardio-sculpt video
water: 6 glasses

Amarantha2
06-01-2004, 11:31 AM
[b]Being as this is the May journal thread and it's now June, I'd like to be so bold as to start a new thread. Mayhap anyone who needs to record the last of May could continue to use this one, but otherwise, hoping everyone will hop to the June thread, which I shall be so importunate as to put up right now as I need to have it staring me in the face all day!!! Huzzah!!!