Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #66

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #66

gma22
05-01-2004, 06:47 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #62

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

SECOND QUARTER CHALLENGE MAY 1-SEPT 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO ARE MEMBERS AS OF THE START OF THE QUARTER ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE, NEWBIES, ARE ELIGIBLE THE NEXT QUARTER THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
05-01-2004, 06:56 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What funny story, silliness or anecdote can you add to our day to make us smile?

Good Morning Ladies. I haven't heard from the other Sandy so drum roll please..........................OUR FIRST TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN CHALLENGE WINNER OF THE $30 VISA GIFT CARD IS CARRI WITH A WHOPPING 34 LBS LOST!!!!! :bravo: :cp: :cb: :hat: :dance: :balloons: :encore:

Congratulations, Carri, on a superb job. Now let's all follow her lead and really kick butt the second quarter.

Faye :)

mscat816
05-01-2004, 08:44 AM
What a great day! It's 8 am and I am getting ready to get on the treadmill. :tread: Yesterday was a 4 pointer for me. Stayed on my plan, barely got my water in (only 75 oz but that is my minimum. I worked out with the bellydancing twins in the a.m. (too tame for a vet - got to try one of the more advanced tapes), and I did a lower body bowflex workout with hubby. :strong:

We almost fell out yesterday morning about diet choices. I am committed to having an extraordinary relationship with him (Landmark Forum training) - so we are going to start Atkins today and give it a whirl. :D

Today is busy - shopping, cooking, preparing for a week-long conference for work - setting up an inventory for a sales committee I am chairing, and I found out just yesterday my proposal to present a workshop was accepted - to be presented twice - I have not even begun the prep for that! :yikes: I think I have more fodder to add to my book I am writing about the superwoman syndrome. But I am deterimined to stay OP.

Faye - I want to participate in the next challenge - my current weight is 229. I am still praying for you - wow an hour long interview!:goodluck:

Carri - WTG - :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:you are awesome -:cp: :cp: my herione :bravo: - you give me hope!:thanks:

mscat
sw238/cw229/gw140 - mini goal 220 by Disneywork 5/14/04!

Mirabelly
05-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Congratulations Carrie.....You ROCK girl!!

My sunny thought for today is that yesterday it made it up to 85 degrees!!!! And today is warm too......and I"M WEARING SHORTS! ON PURPOSE!!! Usually I just suffer in my jeans until it's so hot I just can't stand it (usually late July), but today I'm wearing shorts shorter than I've worn since high school. And they look good, too! I'd have worn them yesterday, but I had to do alot more shaving! :lol:

Some years we just don't get a spring.....hop right from late winter into summer. Right now that's just fine with me! I actually used the A/C in my new van....haven't had a/c in 15 years!!!

Well, everybody have a great weekend.......I'm taking the kids to the park and get some sun on these pasty legs of mine!

Oh yeah, I got 4 points yesterday.

Later babes,
Julie

zookeeper
05-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Yay Carri!! Way to go! :dancer:

There's a new class at our gym called Body Flex, and it combines parts from yoga, pilates, tai chi, etc. We went for the first time today and it is AMAZING! Not a lot of jumping and flailing, but lots of strength and flexibility and balance. It ends with relaxation, which is good for my constant stress! I'm going to try to go 2 or 3 times a week.

My happiness for the day is all the housework I'm getting done. I'm crabby at my husband, and I do my best cleaning when I'm mad.

Have a great Saturday!

Jessica

cat90
05-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

CONGRATULATIONS CARRI :bravo: :balloons:

I'm really busy doing yardwork and i'm just about to go out to 'kill' some more scotch broom :D i must be burning calories doing all this :lol:

Faye, I'll opt out of the gift card option if thats alright :) i doubt you girls have any competition with me at the moment anyway :rofl:

Satine
05-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Thanks Everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has not been easy
( as you all know ) but you all have helped me in someway and I really appreciate all of you...I look forward to losing 34 more !!! and 34 more after that :lol:

Good luck over the weekend, that is always the hardest for me!!! :cool:

gma22
05-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Cat: I just want to give you the opportunity and don't want you to think I am not including you. You are welcome to join in or opt out of anything we do here so thanks for letting me know for sure.

Julie: Shorts in Maine and it just turned to May! Good for you girl!!!! Next thing you know it will be swimsuits. Personally, you know I can't wait for that!

MsCat: I entered you into the spreadsheet so you are all set to lose lose lose!

Knobhdy: I have your info in the spreadsheet also.

Girls I am so pooped even my eyelashes (the one on each eye that I have ;) ) are tired. I got up at 6 am, painted the right side of the kitchen countertops so all the counters are done, Jack resanded this outcropping part of the wall and the cabinet over the fridge (we had a leak from an upstairs toilet a while back and I hadn't gotten to repainting UGH!) and I finished painting the kitchen cabinets, then I got down on my hands and knees and stripped, cleaned, the remopped the whole kitchen floor, laundry room floor and bathroom floor, cleaned the bathroom, oh yeah fixed and cleaned up breakfast and lunch in there somewhere, did a load of laundry and cleaned all painted and floor cleaning junk up and put it away. I am dirty, stinky and tired! I am going to go and shower and fold a load of clthes and sit on my behind for awhile and read I think.

Everyone have a spectacular day!

gigglez
05-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Congrats Carri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faye, I know about being exhausted. I got up at 3 a.m. started work at 4 a.m. worked til 12:30 p.m. Played driver and hauled Corey to a birthday party for about 2 hrs and then got him back to his Granny's house. Went back to work for call backs and finished that around 6:30 p.m.. Went to my mother's house and then had to take her and Corey to WalMart. It is now close to 10 p.m. I have worked 10 hours and put over 200 miles on my car and I cannot move!

Night chickies!

gma22
05-02-2004, 06:36 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Silly Poll for this week is:

What are man's greatest and worst inventions?

SandyG: Sounds like you had a really really busy day. My hands are sore from scrubbing (I have one of those Black and Decker Power scrubber things) and my butt cheeks from getting up and down, but I figure it is good exercise! Hope you get some good rest today!

Have a good morning ladies and I will talk with you later!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Scuzin
05-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Happy Sunday
I've been off plan for a while because I went out to ice cream with some friends after seeing a play at my old High School...well not really mine...they built a brand new one after I graduated and the next day was "Mom's weekend" so my mother and I drove back down here and did brunch. I was so tired yesterday and didn't get any exercise in, but did friday and will today....water has been right on track!

A big congrats to you Carri on those 34 pounds to win the challenge!

gigglez
05-02-2004, 09:28 PM
OK for the silly poll, my answer is lupron. Granted it was marketed to treat men with prostrate cancer and that is great if it helps them. The bad thing is that it is given to women for other things and it is so bad for us that it is devestating(sp). Enough now

gma22
05-03-2004, 06:28 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to FIND TIME FOR YOURSELF! I have noticed everyone seems to be incredibly busy. You need this week to find at least an hour for you everyday. It doesn't matter what you do, even sitting staring into space, but it is easy to become burned out and when you do that, the first thing we give up on is our weight loss program becaue it is the easiest to just forget about. Take time this week for you and you will be glad you did!

later ladies.

knobhdy
05-03-2004, 08:59 AM
Julie - I play in the SCA too. I tend to tell people that I play two types of combat, pad the person and pad the weapon. :)

On saturday, I was at at boff LARP (live action role playing game) which was fun. I were assaulted by peasants turned into monsters :nono: and we had to fight our way through a boy scout obstacle course to get to the machine that was causing the transformation. (we like our peasants as non-monsters, thanks.)

On Sunday I went to the SCA May Day celebration, where I ran the Baronial Fencing tournament. It was a great tourney and much fun. I, being the idiot I am, sat in the sun while I was score keeping (without sun block) and am now a bit red on the neck :hot: and I am so glad that I was wearing long sleeved garb. I had to go home directly after the tourney which was great for me because about the time I got home (I live about 1 mile from the site) it started pouring. :rain:

It was ok. I needed to bottle my beer anyway. :T

Congratulation Carrie! 34 pounds! Wow! Way to go!
Good luck to everyone on the next challenge.

I hope everyone has a great day.
:wave:

Oh Julie - Will I see you at pennsic? ;)

Scuzin
05-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Good Morning
Things are going pretty well over here. I just didn't feel likebeing stuck in a gym yesterday so I went for a nice bike ride instead. It didn't go nearly as long as I intended because my bike is a little broken and I thought it best not to push it.
Have a good day everyone

cat90
05-03-2004, 03:50 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Well, the little :ink: in me escaped this weekend and we went to the Mall and bought lots of goodies which i promptly devoured :T :T :lol: so this morning i'm feeling remorseful and i'm being an :angel: so far!! i've committed to losing 10lbs this month and another 10lbs next month so i've got to keep being an :angel: :yikes: if i want to fulfill that commitment.

Amanda Panda
05-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS CARRI on winning the challenge - woo hoo! I hope I can take a leaf out of your book over the next few months, and finally begin to make a dent in my weight loss.

I've actually been doing okay recently - can you believe that I have not ordered a takeaway for about 3 weeks now? I have to admit that I have suggested a pizza on a few occaisions, but Nigel has been very firm and said absolutely not! We are taking it in turns to cook and are getting used to cooking something each night. This is really good as over the past 2 years or so we have both got out of the habit of cooking - hence the fact that I have put on around 70 pounds over the last 3 years. And despite my protests, I am definately getting used to not ordering a pizza. Nigel says we can have one when I get a job and get my first paycheck - but I might just give them up altogether - I don't want to get addicted again! :love: :jeno: :love: :jeno:

I am reading a very good book at the moment, it is called 'You are not what you weigh' by Lisa Bevere. It looks at weight and dieting as a spiritual issue . I have read it before, but I don't think my 'spiritual eyes' were open then, as it is really speaking to me this time - although I am only on chapter 3!

I really am going to take one day at a time with my diet - sometimes I go at it so 'gung ho' and then burn out too quickly - I'm trying to nurture my mind as well as my body this time. I am reading my Bible and praying alot more, so i am already feeling better.

I am also about to change my anti depressant medication - but I have to reduce the first before i introduce the second, so my head is a bit messy at the moment! :fr: :stars: :crazy:

I'm hoping to commit alot more to my weight loss and hope to be around more often - if I can pull Nigel from the computer!

GOOD LUCK with the job Faye! :lucky:

Love Amanda xxxx

cat90
05-03-2004, 05:34 PM
No Takeaway for 3 weeks? :yikes: Well Done Amanda :cp:

I too have a job interview this week :cb: the lady just called me about an hour ago, its only part time but thats just what i want :D that way i get the best of both worlds :lol: some extra cash and time to do stuff at home :)

Satine
05-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Evening Ladies - I didnt post until now because I did not go to work today...
hope you all had a good day

I just got done doing my WATP dvd, 2 mile, a while ago, so I am well on my way for a 4 pointer today.

Faye - Heard from the job yet? Good luck !!!

Amanda - Great job on the no take away food, you can do this I know it!!! Plus sounds like you got a great guy in your corner :)

Cat - Good luck on your interview this week!!!

Knobhdy - Sounds like you got alot of great exercise this weekend, sounds fun...

Susan - I love to bike ride, I was thinking about buying one this summer...

Julie - Hi, did you post today? Maybe I am losing my mind, I dont think I saw one... :lol:

Faye - Nice Monday mission, although I always have quite a bit of time for myself, I figure though once we have kids this will change, so I better enjoy now, huh?

Well have a good evening all, talk later!!!

gma22
05-04-2004, 06:19 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our Target this week is cravings. We all have them. Things that we love and know are not good for us or our weight loss program. For those of you who have things that are particularly hard to stay away from, try substitutes. For example, Amanda is a pizza junky. A suggestion would be to buy a smaller pizza with no meats, no extra cheese and veggies instead or, make your own at home using lower fat products, if all else fails and you still can't kick the habit, it may be necessarry to give it up for awhile or forever. If you find you have to have chocolate, find things that are good for you that have some chocolate in them, put a few mini chocolate chips in your oatmeal, have an occastional ff chocolate pudding, etc. Don't believe everything you love has to be given up on, but keep your mind open things you truly cannot seem to control!

later girls!

Scuzin
05-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Good Morning
Well I've been slipping over the last couple days...Food is my real challenge...I need a big tatoo on my hand saying "NO" so I can see it every time I reach for something unhealthy.

Amanda - good for you on cooking for yourself. I'm looking forward to being able to do that once I move into a house next year.

gigglez
05-04-2004, 11:28 AM
Morning ladies!

Seems as if this is awfully quite here lately.

Amanada cheers to cooking! I just wish that I had the enegry to do that. I know that you will reap the benefits of it.

Cathy hope that the interview goes well.

Has anyone had a problem with no enegry lately? I know that I am exhausted from both jobs but I finally feel rested and have no enegry. This morning after I put Corey on the bus I went back to bed and slept 4 hrs. Anyone any ideas for enegry? Time to get a move on have to start getting ready to go to work. Everyone have a wonderful day.

Hugs,
sandy

Satine
05-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Wow - is awfully quiet here today...hope everyone is fine, I am well, again I didnt go to work today, but gotta go back tomorrow, which stinks :lol:

Had a 4 pointer yesterday, did my WATP dvd, am trying to do it again today to step on the weight loss.

Sandy - I dont usually have a problem with "energy" - but sometimes when I do it is because I am not getting enough rest, and with as much as you have going on I bet that is what it is - if you need a 4 hour nap and you have the time then take it...your body is telling you that it needs it :)

Faye - I have certain cravings that drive me crazy but what is funny is that I dream about eating them all the time ( I think I need professional help ) - anybody else dream about eating bad things? ANd then I wake up and I am like "wheww, it was just a dream, I didnt mess up my program: ... I guess that just tells me how much food is on my brain...who knows...

Well all have a good day, talk later...

friendsforfitness
05-04-2004, 03:04 PM
I just wanted to check in quickly to let everyone know all is well so far. I am six months and have gained 5 pounds ug. I feel 9 months.

I have been on pelvic rest for the past 3 weeks due to some minor issues. Baby and I are both doing great though. He's a boy by the way.

I read back a few posts and it really sounds like you are all doing so well!! I am envious! I am not even allowed to exercise walk right now. I can't be on my feet more than 30 minutes at a time and I have to lay on my left side for 2 hours a day. So after a full day at work, a 35 minute drive home it's to the couch I go. Can you say super duper weight gain prediction for this month????

I am hoping to be able to start checking in more often, my home puter has gotten so slow since we went back to dial up. :cry:

I am so glad to see so many of the old gang here it's very inspiring! You are all doing so wonderful, be very proud of yourslves!

Miss you lots,
Lisa

PS In my brief visit I didn't see sandybrat, is she still around?? If so tell her I said LOL! :lol:

gma22
05-04-2004, 03:27 PM
Lisa: It is so super duper spectacular to hear from you again! I am so glad you are going to be able to come back and be with us. Give us the low down on that little boy, name, weight etc. We hear from Sandy B from time to time. We miss her a lot.

Where is everyone today and where is Julie? Did I miss something and she said she was going out of town? I wouldn't be surprised, the ole brain doesn't always keep up.

Had to take Jack to the dr today as he strained his back at work this morning. He is doing ok, but she didn't even give him the rest of the day off and Jack didn't take it so he went back to work in pain. Sometimes the discipline of military life makes him do stupid stuff in my opinion

Hope all is going well with each person!

cat90
05-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

I did really well eating wise yesterday :cp: need to drink more water and get into exercising again next :) but getting my 'diet' right is my first priority.

Carri, thanks for the good wishes :) i have'nt dreamt about food :dunno: or at least i don't remember dreaming about it :lol:

Sandy, You're not going to want to hear this but the best remedy for low energy is to exercise :( :lol: sometimes i feel really tired :tired: and after i've been on my treadmill i'm raring to go :cb: or you could have an iron deficiency :shrug:

Lisa, 5lbs is very little weight to gain when you're 6mths gone :yikes: so now you'll have to :ink: out and gain about 15-20 more :lol: :goodluck:

gma22
05-05-2004, 03:22 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes. Any problems we can help you with?

Check back in when the sun comes up ladies!

Satine
05-05-2004, 09:30 AM
Morning All - Had another 4 pointer yesterday, did my WATP dvd 2 mile again, that is quite the workout, the one mile you just kind of breeze through but the 2 mile really gets ya going...

So where is Julie? I thought maybe I had missed something but now Faye has mentioned it....maybe I too am having a brain fart :lol:

My Weds woe would be that I am back at work today after a 4 day weekend and it is suckey...I guess I just need to get back into the swing of things but it would also help if you liked your job I guess...

Faye - Have you heard anything back yet on the interview? I would think you could call and check at this point, good luck!!!

Lisa - Great to hear from you and that you are doing so well!!! :)

Everyone have a great day....

Scuzin
05-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Good Morning

Woe - arg...I've just run out of time and energy lately and haven't had the motivation to exercise or if I do I don't put in as much time as I should. I'm also having serious cravings after dinner. I feel full, but my brain is desperate for something sweet and fatty. I managed to hold off pretty well last night though. As soon as this play I'm working on is over in a couple weeks it will be much easier to get back on track.

Well I have a performance today. I'm in a "Styles" acting class and I have to do a Greek period monologue, a restoration scene, and I make a camio in someone elses Shakespeare scene as the "Beer Wench". That one is actually my favorite. I have no lines, I just come in to take glasses away and act all "ugh not these guys again" then I come back to serve another drink and I get a couple quick slaps on the bum and leave disgusted. Its been fun playing dress up in all the costumes I have too :D

Lisa! Not sure if you'll get to read this, but I'm so glad you stopped in. Hope you'll be able to come around more often and soon! :grouphug:

Check back later!

gma22
05-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Carri: I haven't heard from the job and I am one of those people that DO NOT call the companies back so I am just going to wait to hear. I am not sure they are even done interviewing yet, let alone made a decision.

My woe is I feel a little crummy today. I didn't sleep well again, am getting ready to start my tom and just feel icky. Does anyone else have true big time cravings related to TOM? I used to think it was a cop out, but I am not so sure anymore. I wonder if it is some way related to hormonal levels and if so what can you do about it? This started happening about 6 or 7 months ago.

You should see my animals. They are both laying in the doorway waiting for me to go back downstairs. I told Jack last night it is worse than when our kids were little. They at least left mom and dad have some alone time, but the cat and dog crawl all over us, bark or meow if they are shut out of the bedroom and are generally pests! :lol: Maybe I shouldn't have babied them so much when they were a kitten and puppy. It is normal for them now to want attention from us all the time.

Well, I need to shower and get some decent clothes on. I look like a reject from the makeover show!

zookeeper
05-05-2004, 02:13 PM
I finally have time to catch up and post. I'm going on a trip next week, so this week I'm running around trying to get things done for that.

Good work everyone! We all have times when we eat better and times when we don't, but what makes us strong is that we keep trying! :strong:

I'm really enjoying the Body Flow class - the strengthening and flexibility work feels amazing! It probably doesn't burn as many calories, but I enjoy it more than anything else right now.

Vacation with my family will be a real challenge for me food-wise. I'm going to go to the grocery store and get healthy snacks so I can keep from getting too hungry and then scarfing whatever looks good on the menu. Wish me strength!!!

Jessica

cat90
05-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

:goodluck: Jessica! You can do it.

I went for my interview this afternoon and she was talking to me like i'd got it and then she said "well, i've some more to interview but i'll definitely make a decision today" so i left and she rang a couple of hours later to tell me that i had got it :cb:

Eating is going extremely well and i'm working on the water :coffee: i'll have to make a start with exercise next.

gma22
05-06-2004, 06:02 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday. Make Time for you today, it is so important that you do!

Cat: congratulations, now do what the old ladies at the casinos do and rub the screen for luck and maybe I will get the job too! :lol:

Due to something sad and personal, I have removed my photo and info on myself. Feel free to e-mail or pm me if you would like to know why and I will talk to you about it. It is NOT site related.

Have a great day girls!

Mirabelly
05-06-2004, 08:55 AM
I'M BAAAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didja miss me??? :lol:

Sorry to just disappear like that.......my computer came down with this godawful sasser virus and on Sunday night I couldn't even turn the damn thing on! With my show just a week and a half away, I just didn't have alot of time to mess with it. So DH slowly but surely picked away at it, and now I think I'm all set. There are still a couple of little bugs which we should be able to fix tonight.

What a mess! I can't believe how badly this messed up my routines......I stress-ate like crap all week, I didn't drink any water for 3 days, I haven't had time to exercise except for dance class and I'm freaking out about the show!! I MISSED YOU LADIES SOOOO MUCH!!!!!

Starting right now, I'm back on track........gotta detox the McD's and ice cream out of my system so I can dance well and run a 45 person show well next weekend. I don't have time to read all the old posts, so I hope everyone is doing well!

Almost done with my beading project for my fancy costume.....hopefully I'll get a picture of it this weekend and I 'll post it for you.

OH, Knhbdy......YES, I will be at Pennsic!!! It would be so cool to meet you. I camp up on the Serengetti, not sure of the address yet this year. We are in the Barony of Tir-y-don (they are in Atlantian territory......we used to live there) If you look for me, my sca name is Baroness Mira and my dh's name is Sir Cedric.

Well, anyway........gotta get back to my projects.

It is SOOOO great to be able to talk at you all again! :D

Later babes!
Julie

Satine
05-06-2004, 09:15 AM
First off Thank God Julie !!! I was beginning to get worried, when you are so used to seeing someone post everyday and then nothing.....it was worrisome...glad to hear it was just your computer - yes I did miss ya!!! :)

Faye - Sorry to hear that, I will miss seeing your picture :(

Cat - CONGRATS< CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise, maybe iffey on the water, but I think close enough...plan on doing my exercise dvd today...I cant believe it is going to get up to 82 degrees here today, hate to see that warm of weather as my ac has to work double time and all the time...well talk to you all later, have a great day!!!!

gma22
05-06-2004, 09:42 AM
Hey ladies. I am sitting here "cooking" my hair as I have a hair appt and get it cut today! woohoo

Carri: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being concerned about me!
Mailing out your gift card this morning so be looking for it the first part of next week probably! Make sure you buy something grand and then tell us all about it!

Julie: I was so worried about you. I have all these terrible things pictured in my head and even asked around if I had missed a post that you were going away. We are glad you are back as we missed you bunches.

I can't wait to leave tomorrow after Jack gets off work. I am under a huge amount of personal stress and emotional pain right now and I need to get away and try to put it all into perspective. You may feel free to ask me or Carri now knows what is going on with me. All I can say is my husband is still here for me so whatever happens in my life I can always work through it with him at my side.

Did anyone see extreme makeover last night. I went to bed around 9:20 and didn't finish. I wanted to see how Monica from the Dr Phil show came out and the other woman with the bad teeth and liver spots did too.

Well, I need to go wash this gunk off.

Just want you all to know I love you all so much and miss you when you aren't here!

Scuzin
05-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Good Morning...only have a couple seconds as I overslept an hour!

Julie - glad to see you back

Cat - Big congrats on the job!

Jessica - have a great time on your trip

I'll miss seeing the pic too Faye!

gma22
05-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Didn't know you guys all thought I was so gorgeous! :lol: :lol3:

SusAN: Hope you got to school okay getting up late.

Got my hair all cut off and it feels 20 lbs lighter. I wish I could say the same about my body. I am retaining water (tom) and it is very hot here so that makes it twice as bad. If I were blue I would look like that snotty little girl in the Willie Wonker movie who turned into a blueberry!

Have a great day ladies!

Satine
05-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Girls, Girls, it is so hot here today, it is about 82 degrees and muggy, I know I better get used to it because our summer days are usually in the high 80's low 90's - :sunny: I am going to go home and do my exercising in the A/C!!!

Faye - No problem, even though none of us have met face to face I feel like we know eachother well, my dh is always laughing at me for saying "Faye this or Julie that" and he thinks it is funny that I act like we have known eachother for years - :lol: but hey we share a "fat bond" like no other :rofl:
I will let you guys know what I buy, I am thinking a new pair of shorts or capris for the summer, in my new size!!!! :high: Speaking of Willy Wonka, I haven't seen that in a while, you made me wanna go home and watch it :D

Of course all of you are going to watch the series finale of FRIENDS tonight huh? You have too :drill: ha ha ha...If Ross and Rachel do not end up together then the whole thing has been lost with me...I think they will, they dont want to disappoint so many fans

Susan, Jessica, Cat, Julie, and everyone have a good afternoon :wave:

cat90
05-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks Ladies :D

Don't know if i'll be watching tonight or not :chin: :lol: i think they'll end up together too Carri ;) i only watch it when there is nothing else on so there must'nt have been much on for a couple of weeks cos i've been watching :joker:

Faye, sorry to hear that you are having a rough time at the moment :grouphug: and i did rub the screen BTW ;) Extreme Makeover was excellent :) and Monica looked fantastic :eek: especially her body! its amazing what a nip and tuck will do :joker:

I have had 3 excellent days eating wise and i'm looking to have lost some of what i gained over the Easter binge :lol: we'll see what tomorrow brings ;) i've managed to drink 2pts of water today so far and i'm planning to walk for half an hour on my treadmill, it will be a month since i've been on it :yikes:

Scuzin
05-06-2004, 05:08 PM
Good Afternooon Ladies

My performance went really well yesterday, I had fun with it and got some good laughs and the costumes were really fun...good to get some use out of that prom dress again...which was almost TOO BIG to wear! :dancer:

I don't have a tv :( so I can't watch, so you'll have to let me know what happens. I used to love Friends but lost track over the last 2 seasons because of my lack of television....always had the biggest crush on Chandler in high school. :love:

gma22
05-07-2004, 06:15 AM
FRIDAY: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Did we have any losses this week?

I watched Extreme Home makeover as I HORROR don't like friends and they did this makeover of 2 firemen's apartment in NYC and either local or ABC CUT THE LAST 2 MINUTES OFF! I was furious.

Hope everyone does well today and I will check in later.

Mirabelly
05-07-2004, 07:31 AM
GOod Morning Lovelies!

No Pounds Down this week.......but I did manage a 4 point day yesterday. I almost didn't think I exercised, but then I remembered that I took little 10 minute breaks from my sewing all day and rode my bike a little. It's not much, but it was more than I have been doing all week.

Got my assistant director coming over today to do last minute "to do" lists and record a master cd of all the music in the show. I'm finally starting to burn out.....getting tired of focusing on the show every day for 6 months. One more week. I did manage to finish most of my red beaded costume. Still have a little fringe to go on the belt. Haven't even started on my coin costume, but that one is much simpler! Thank the gods for :coffee: !

Anyhoo, gotta get going......... hope everyone has a great day. I didn't watch friends cuz we have Direct TV and don't get local channels. That's changing, though, I cancelled the service after our 1 year contract is up at the end of the month. The lady was so totally shocked......like, WHY would you want to cancel your tv???? :lol:

Later babes,
Julie

Satine
05-07-2004, 09:15 AM
Morning Everyone
:yawn:

I did have some pounds down this morning, I was down 1.5 pounds, and I will take it after last weeks no loss!!! :cb:
I didnt have any points yesterday, I went off program by not much but still it was over so no points :( Will do much better today !!!

I got my Friends fix and it was good, now I dont know what to do on Thursdays :lol:

Julie - Good luck with the show, 6 mos you have been working on this? Yeah you will be glad to get it wrapped up huh? We used to have DTV and paid like $80 a month for it, then we cancelled it for cheaper cable and now low and behold my cable bill is up to $85.00 , something has got to give, I have to cancel something, and soon....

Susan - Glad you performance went well !!

Cant wait to hear about the other losses!!! :cp:

gma22
05-07-2004, 09:53 AM
All these talented ladies and their acting and performance. Susan, glad yours went well and Julie hope yours goes terrific as well.

I,unfortunately, have gained again, but though I am NOT excusing this, I have just not felt like working on my program for the last 2 or 3 days. I cannot blame anyone but myself no matter what the circumstances, but I hope this weekend away will help me put the personal issues into perspective so I can come back raring to go again and get the rest of this weight off. I must be still losing inches because I continue to have people tell me it looks like I have lost more weight and I just bought a pair of capris in a smaller size than I usually have to get to fit over my big behind.

Carri: I don't know if you are a Wallie shopper, but they have some DARLING capris and matching tops. I bought a t-shirt and capris and spent about $22 total on it.

I will try and check in tonight after we get checked into the hotel.

Scuzin
05-07-2004, 11:22 AM
Well I'm up a little too. This has just been an off week. I've been so tired and busy, but this show will be over in just a couple weeks and I can concentrate again on exercise.

Check back in later...have a great day

gigglez
05-07-2004, 12:27 PM
Morning all you busy chicks!

Just checking in to report that I am down 1lb. Not much but I will take it!

gigglez
05-07-2004, 10:15 PM
Man this is very quiet for the day!

Just in case I don't get to check in for a few days I just wanted to say to all the mommies.......................................

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cat90
05-07-2004, 10:33 PM
Well Done Carri and Gigglez :cp:

I had my first 4pt day yesterday in ages :yikes: and i walked 3mls on my treadmill :cp: did'nt do any today tho' as i had an induction course to go on and it took 4.5hrs! she said it would take about 2 :lol: was starving when i got home so made dinner and now i'm too tired to do anything :yawn: so i'm going to veg in front of the tv :) i weighed when i got home and i'm down 4.5lbs :cb: i'm .5lb away from getting to where i was before my easter binge :lol: then i'll be on a losing streak again :dance:

gigglez
05-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Congrats Cathy on the 4.5lbs!

mscat816
05-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Hi sisters - been MIA for a week! Attended a conference for work at a gorgeous resort called Shanty Creek (upper MI). Had a full suite with kitchenette, fireplace, and a jacuzzi overlooking a golf course in the woods. :cloud9:

I really didn't get to enjoy it that much because I was working on a major committee and presented two workshops. I was so busy I did not get to attend any workshops and missed eating most of the conference meals! :(

I did walk/jog 1/4 of the golf course one day and the full course a second day. As a matter of fact - I got lost on the second day on the course and had no idea how to get back to the lodge! I over taxed my bad knee and it is inflammed. I am going to have to see the ortho guy asap - I am still registered for the 5k run for the Race for the Cure - praying I will be able to resume my training.

My workshop went well - I received 95% excellent evaluations and have been invited to speak at two sister universities as a result! :D Being off plan all those days left me with a 3lb gain this week :halfempty but I don't think that is bad under the circumstances. I am going back on plan today.

Hubby is taking me to a Yes concert tonight in celebration of Mom's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all!

Cat - Congrats on your job! :cp: :cp: :cp:

mscat sw238/cw232/gw140 - mini goal 220 by Disneywork 5/14/04!

cat90
05-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Thanks MsCat :) Congrats on the evaluations :D

Gosh, its so quiet :eek: and its so unusual for this thread to be like this :?:

Faye, how are things? OK i hope :)

I've been very lazy today :lol: and i wanted to do so much but it is'nt going to get done :lol: never mind there is always next week.

Amanda Panda
05-08-2004, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone!

Thought I would say hello - although I have not been doing too good on the diet. I just seem to be getting bigger and bigger and I am now so fat that I am worried for my health - yet I still don't seem to be able to do anything about it!

I'm going to sort it out though, I can't go on like this. I'm struggling a bit at the moment as I am in the process of changing my medication AND I've got PMS, so I'm not feeling my best......but I thought I'd pop in anyway to say hi. :wave: I'm just going easy on myself for the next few days - I want to get myself back to the gym next week.

Sorry I've been such bad company recently, I'm sure I'll pick up soon and get motivated.

Hope you are all okay

Love Amanda xxx

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-08-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi Everyone! Hope I can join this thread!! It looks fun! It'll probably take me a couple of times to catch on...I just figured out that I didnt HAVE to post a quick reply. Well I'm a little shy at first, but I'm going to try to tell everyone a little about myself.

I'm 25 and a mother of a 6 yr old and a 18 mth old. I stay at home and my hubby works. I havent had to battle with my weight until I had my first son. I was 18 then, but when I did decide to lose it after him...I worked out like a crazy fool and lost about 23 pounds. Which at that time was all I needed to lose. I was going to school and working so I had a fit schedule to do everything, but when I changed jobs and started going to night school all of that changed and I gained the 23 pounds back plus about 15 more. I guess until I had my daughter I went up and down like..."luther vandross" In the first 4 weeks of my pregnancy I had already gained 10 pounds, by the end of my pregnancy I was 212 pounds!! I had a c-section and couldnt exercise, but when I left the hospital I was still 200 pounds. It took me about 8 months to get down to 160 again, then we moved to Kentucky and I gained 20 back!!! And get this I was at the YMCA at least 4 times or more a week! But I'd have to admit.. I wasnt eating healthy. So we moved again to SC and in March I just got disgusted with my self and decided to lose weight. I lost 15 pounds in about 2 months and then I saw a picture of my self and got sooo depressed. So i quit. I had been on this site to look at other things but I had never noticed the journal/message board thing. So I checked it out and everyone was soooo nice and supportive that I started up again. So the total weight loss so far is 22 pounds!!! I still have a ways to go.. Right now I've got a goal of 140. But in reality for my height I should be about 125 or 130. I'm going to stick with 140 first!!! lol

Hope to meet everyone soon!

Amanda Panda
05-08-2004, 10:14 PM
Welcome Jaymi! - I'm sure you will find us a great group to be in!

Thanks for introducing yourself - Faye, our leader :drill: :coach: will post a copy of all our profiles for you, so you can get to know us all - eventually!

Well done on your weight loss so far! I also am a yo-yo dieter, and I know how frustrating it is and I also get disgusted with my appearance - this group is great for all issues to do with weight loss - physical and emotional and psychological, so I'm sure you will get all the help and support you need here.

I look forward to getting to know you better.

Love Amanda xx

gma22
05-09-2004, 05:23 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #67

Jaymi_Dol_78
05-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Hey, Did I scare everyone away or what? lol Well anyway, thanks for the welcome!! I dont know whether to listen to that last post or not....?!? Well I'll just make this short just to make sure! Everything have been fine.. no cheating, exercising everyday! Havent weighed myself, will wait until Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!!