Support Groups - Weighty Issues #15

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #15

angieME
05-01-2004, 07:45 AM
WEIGHTY ISSUES #15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the May edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!

angieME
05-01-2004, 08:15 AM
Good Morning!! I am so sorry that I havent been here the last few days but we had a bit of drama here. This is what happened, can someone please tell me what I should do next because I am stumped?

Thursday after school Corey came out to me and my sister and said that the teacher insulted us all at school today. I was shocked so I asked him what she said. She is a lady who hasnt been letting the kids eat all of their breakfast this year at school(our school district offers free breakfast and damn it if it is there then they are gonna eat it!!!) So I never said anything about that because I figure I am not at school everyday so I didnt want to start running my mouth without knowing for sure what was going on anyhow back to the original story.

Corey said that at Breakfast that morning the teacher sat at the table with the 5th graders and they were all talking about their pets. Corey asked her if she had seen his dogs and she said "yes that isnt a jack russell is it? because I hate those things they are stupid and they bark all the time. " okay whatever. She then said "Hey Corey how did a crow and a bald eagle ever manage to get together to have 3 mutants?"(remember Jay is follically challenged) My jaw almost hit the floor so I made him keep saying it to try to figure out what happend. He said she said it in front of everybody and they all laughed and said yeah Corey how did a crow and a bald eagle manage to make 3 mutants. Now this is a taunt that a little girl in their class started a while ago. So I then called Alicia out of her room and all I said to her was"What happened at breakfast today?" and she then told me the exact same story!!!! I was shaking so bad that I wanted to rip that womans head off. They also said that she called one of their friends ugly and her friends mam had already called the school before they came home and *****ed them out for it.

Anyway that isnt the best part. I then in the morning got ahold of the principal and told him what happened. After the fourth time he still didnt get it and I was ready to bawl because it hurts me that my kids get teased by the other kids they dont deserve that **** from an adult. He still didnt understand so I said "well, I assume I am the crow and my husband is the bald eagle and my 3 kids are the mutants." So he said he would talk with her that morning because he had to see her anyway(because of the calling the girl ugly) So the day goes by and I hear nothing....until the kids get home.

They got called out of class by the teacher I made the complaint about and she took them into the stairwell and said "why are you lying, I would never say that. My job is on the line here, etc." Then another teacher saw her making big hand gestures and walked over and started to get in on it and said"Corey is this another one of your lies? How did you 2 ever come up with that story? ,etc. until they had Alicial bawling and Corey on the verge. They then said "okay if you guys are going to keep telling lies then we are going to the principals office right now, lets go? By the time they got to the principals office Corey had broken down and started to cry. Supposedly she says she never said it(of course she would say that) even though they had 2 other kids from the table come in and say they heard her.AAAAHHHHH!!!! I am so pissed!!! What should I do now? I do not think a teacher who had a complaint made against her should have been able to take them out of their classroom and intimidate them like that and threaten them with the principals office. Can you imagine how scared they were to tell me they were treated wrong and then to get cornered by the same person like that. I am not a mother who thinks her kids are perfect by a long shot but I definately belive them on this because they told me seperately the same thing and they are really upset by it. I dont konw what to do now. This woman the kids say is always rude like that until another teacher walks into the room and then she is all smiles and nice. She also works in the resource room with the handicapped kids.She also saidyesterday morning when the twins walked in for breakfast :oh it was quiet but it wont be now" Alicia says the teacher really doesnt like Corey.He is a hyper boy but damn it like their arent any other hyper boys in the 5th grade!!!!!

Okay, end of my rant I think. I havent really slept for the last 2 days because I keep thinking about it.

We have played tennis a few times and we are getting better. I actually like to play. We bought some kids racquets so the kids can play too.

I plan to stay home today and restain my deck. I found a FHA house in town that is going up for auction this month and it is totally redone inside(new kitchen and master bedroom with a bath in the basement,it has the original hardwood floors,etc)I told Jay to buy it to resell until I saw the inside through the windows. It has everything I ever wanted. I used to read the ads when they were trying to sell it through a realtor so now that it is forclosed noone can get inside so they wont know that it is a total remodel. The only bad thing about it is that it borders another street in the backyard and there are gross trailers behind the house right on the property line but I would imagine a nice big fence would take care of that. Anyways the minimum bid is $4450.00!!!! We are gonna bid on it and see if we get it then we will move there and sell my house and actually live rent free forever!!! That would set me up for the future. If I get that house but I continue to put the same amount in the bank then in 8 years when the kids graduate I will have $60,000.00 saved up. It really sounds like the smart thing to do in the long run ugly neighbors or not.

Well, I am sorry this is so long and yes Julie, I will be here this weekend so keep posting girl and I will post back. Love ya!!!

calnative
05-01-2004, 10:05 AM
Sorry to be away so long. We had a very long week of testing.
Angie, I was appalled when'I read your post. If you don't get satisfaction from the principal, go see the superintendent; threaten to go to the media. The first thing you should do is have Corey transferred out of the class to another teacher, if there is another one. Go and sit in the classroom and observe; you have every right to do that. One can usually tell if someone is nervous and not doing things normally, you'll even see it in the kids' faces. If you are denied that, talk to the superintendent. If the superintendent does not satisfy you, go to the school board. The board is the superintendent's boss. Make a surprise visit during breakfast. You'll have to sign in with the office, but you don't have to let the cafeteria or the teacher know ahead of time. That teacher should probably not be in the classroom. Also, voice your concern about her pulling your kids out of class. Demand a meeting with the principal, teacher, yourself, and your kids. I hope this helps.
Maybe someone should remind, or teach, that teacher that "crows" are one of the most aggressive birds and bald eagles are a symbol of strength. :D

Cal

angieME
05-01-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks Cal. I am going to put it in writing and send a copy to the principal and the Superintendent this way it is on file for the future if needed. Our schools consolidated last year so my twins are in the 5th grade but they go to the middle school. There isnt enough room for everyone in the cafeteria in the mornings so the 5th grade eats breakfast in the art room and she supervises them. That is why I dont understand why they dont believe my kids. I doubt 2 10 year olds and another 10 year old would get together and plot up a scheme to get the morning breakfast person fired. :lol: I really dont want her to have anymore contact with my kids period in the future.

Summer, I am like you in the respect that I too get mad and think why cant I eat this or that too. I just need to learn that I could if I could control myself with it. That is hard for me.

Julie, My parents have been married for 32 years. We arent all that close as I have already said though.

We took our junky old delivery car out today to go buy some tires and we went to Wendy's to eat before we picked them up and the car died in the drivethrough. :yikes: We had to push it back out of the drivethrough and wait for his dad to pick us up. Luckily we left the dogs home(his dad hates dogs) and we have a tow dolly so they are now going back to pick the junkpile up. I am just glad that it didtn happen to him at 2:30 in the morning while he was delivering or something.

That is about it for me today. Whats up with everyone else

GEMonster
05-01-2004, 09:00 PM
Angie - are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That should never happen. I would Cc the super on any lettter but also let the super know that the teacher took the kids out to intimidate them. A child should feel supported not scared to go to school because of a teacher. I would also get statements from other kids at the table if you can so it is not just your sons word against hers. I am so sorry that this is happening. Media is the last resort. Is there a PTA board you can go to to address greivances? I know the school board should be meeting in a public forum - I think this should be put in the minutes then it is a matter of public record.
I had to write as soon as I saw your post. Keep your chin up! Things will get better. Good luck with the house too - you never know how things can work out.

Hi to everyone else!

Summer

jbbm
05-01-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Girls

Sorry I have not been here all day. I could not get signed on for some reason. I had hus take a look at the computer and he showed me what to do. I had a huge steak dinner with fried onions and mushrooms. Yum it was so darn good! I got some cleaning in today. Set up a new little table chest for my kitchen with hus and the kids played outside since it is going to be cold tomorrow. My skin is so dry yet from the winter months, I indulged and got time to put lotion on this body :lol:....Angie I am sure you can relate about the dry skin ;).

Angie I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a great big hug. I agree with everyone else about that teacher. That is just terrible. Kids are so sensitive at that age you have to worry if it is going to hurt their self esteem. She should be punished! Ugh that makes me mad. And on top of that your car breaks down....you poor thing. Like Summer said you keep your chin up! Be proud of your kids and your family :). Luv ya girl!

Cal nice to see you back! Hope life slows down for you a bit.

Well its getting late and I would like to get to bed at a decent hour! It seems like we all have been having some kind of stress in our lives lately. I am glad I have you all to talk to. Life can be so darn hard sometimes. Hugs to everyone! Julie

angieME
05-02-2004, 10:28 AM
Good Morning! It is gonna be another hot one today I think. We have been over 80 degrees for the last 2 days. It is supposed to get cold and rainy again tomorrow but it was nice while it lasted anyways.

Thanks for your support guys. It means alot to me. I know they wont ever do anything about this teacher but the least they could have done was to make sure she doesnt have contact with my kids, especially since I wasnt the only one to have filed a complaint about her behavior that morning. Brittany has been complaining about a couple of teachers that throw things at the kids in her class all year too. And yet the school has done nothing about any of it. I am so close to yanking them out and homeschooling them myself. :lol: Can you just see me with them all day and night. :yikes: I had always hoped that they would like school and be able to make friends,etc. I never ever worrried about how a teacher would treat them. I just need to figure out the easiest way to go about this for me because I almost lost it Friday and started to bawl like a 2 year old when I was talking to the principal. I am not a very confrontational person and I get upset easily when I think my kids have been wronged and I am afraid that bawling seems to be my coping mechanism. If that makes any sense at all.

Jay had to take some clean clothes up to his moms bakery because Corey wanted an ice cream and didnt know the machine wasnt turned on so he is covered in ice cream. :lol: She said he took a bath in it because all it does if the machine is off is spray the air out of it and blow what was inside the tube for ice cream out. Poor kid.

I kept dreaming about the auction house last night. I had dreams of remodeling the rooms that werent done already and adding fancy extras because If I won a bid for $4500.00 then I could afford to make it as nice as I wanted. That would be so cool.I guess it woulkdnt matter if the neighbors were *******s since I seem to be surrounded by them now anyway in my everyday life. :lol:

I will check back later, I am going to try to get some sun in before work.

jbbm
05-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Hi Girlies

I wanted to say really quick hello. I am making Shepards pie for dinner and a frozen blueberry pie and vanilla ice cream on top :devil: :o :)! Portion control, right? I hope so.

Angie I hope you are having a better day. Good luck with that house. Sorry I can't stay longer, have to get back to cooking. I am so glad you have been here this weekend. Even though you had a rough couple of days. Check in later babes. Julie

jbbm
05-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Okay girls I threw portion control out the window this weekend. I don't even want to get near the scale. The kids don't really like pie so hus and I finished their's up, along with their ice cream! I can hardly move at all I am so full, dh feels the same way. But this is a new fresh month and week ahead, so I am really motivated to stay OP and be good with portion control. I told hus that I want to try and make healthy suppers this week. No corn dogs, nothing fried or anything bad. I might write out a menu for the week if I get some time to do it. It is just so easy to turn the oven on and throw in a double cheese pizza though isn't it? I can't be lazy though, I have to cook healthy meals and set a good example for the kids. At least the one who will try new things :lol:.

Kempy I hope you had a good weekend.

Angie I really hope your kids are not nervous or scared to go to school tomorrow. I just can not believe that teacher throws things. I mean if they do not like children they should not have chosen that profession, period! It is a weird world out there today and you think you should not have to worry about your kids at school but everything is different from when the time we were in school. Your a great mom and they know you will stick up for them. Give them a great big hug and a kiss, they know you believe in them and that is what is most important to a child :). How was your eating this weekend? Did you ever get your food at Wendys while your car was broke down? I would have probally ordered everything on the menu, being so stressed. This week will be better for you for sure!

Noelle how ya doing girl? Miss ya like crazy. You always make me laugh and smile when I read your posts. I hope you are doing okay. PM me if you want to talk sometime. I am always here as you know :lol:! I think you guys are my only girl friends. Pretty sad....huh? Oh well I luv ya guys!

Well time to get ready for bed. This is my pms week. Yeahhhh! My boobs are killing me all ready and I am not due for a week! It will be a nice Mother's Day present for TOM to show up :lol:. I am not moody so far but it is early! I have been warning my hus about pms and it seems to be helping a bit. He and I try to stay out of each others way. Sorry if TMI. I am blabbing too much. I am not really looking foward to Mother's Day though. Mom and I are in a spat right now. She said to me, right now the only thing you have going for you is your looks :(. What in the world is she talking about. I mean I am not ugly but what a thing to say to your daughter. I won't get into it anymore and bother you all with the details. Life is to short to fight, right?

Well Hello to Summer, Jacks, Cal, Cherie, Tonya, Chris, Holly, and any of the old crew I am missing. Julie

angieME
05-03-2004, 11:41 AM
{{{Julie}}}} I am sorry your mom said something so cruel to you. My Mom and I get into spats all the time. We didnt speak for a month once because at my neices birthday party she was talking about something that happened at my house once that I had actually forgotten about so I jokingly said"What are you drunk?" That happened to be a saying I was into at the time, I said it to everybody so it wasnt meant as anything. Well, she ignored me through the whole party after that and then the **** hit the fan a few days later when she blew up about it. Fun. Fun. I know exactly how you are feeling but dont let it get to ya. You have us. :wink:

My eating is bad. Yep, I ate at Wendy's that day along with everything else under the sun. I am actually getting nervous that I wont be able to get myself back on track before I gain it all back again. It just seems so hard. I have no ambition.

I dont think the kids are nervous about going to school today. I told them that if she said anything to go to the office and call me. I didnt get any calls so we will see what they have to say after school. I didnt send in anything because I wanted to see if the principal was going to call me.

angieME
05-03-2004, 12:23 PM
Julie, I almost forgot...Dont feel bad. You guys are my only friends too. I dont even know anyone around here that I would consider a friend. The only people I ever talk to are Jay,the kids and my sister.

jbbm
05-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Good Monday Morning Girls

I have vowed to myself to be good today and drink lots of water and try and stay OP. Dh called me from work this morning and said he still felt full from eating yesterday.?..

Angie that is good that the kids were not nervous about school today. You shouldn't have to be at school. I swear are mothers are alike. I can never tell mine if I am having a bad day, if my anxiety is high or if I feel depressed. Its always don't call me unless you are 100% happy. I mean gosh life is not that way. I can't believe her sometimes. It seems like they blow everything up. I want my kids to come to me for anything, anytime! Enough of that. Angie just try and take charge now, I don't think you will get back to where you were. Just think of more of it as being healthy. Maybe that would help. That is what I am trying to do, I have been having stomach aches lately and I think it is from overeating and just too much fat in my diet. Lets try and have a great OP day. I mean if we really want a cookie just have one, if we feel like we are going to eat the whole bag then drink a glass of water. Julie

angieME
05-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Julie, Jay does the same thing as your husband. When he overeats one night then the next day he rarely will eat anything until about suppertime. Weird huh? I wished I could do that. :lol:

Yep, sounds like mine too. I swear my parents laugh at me when ever I try to tell them something new. I told them about the auction house and she sounded like I could see the eye roll and the shrug like "Why would she do that?" I mean heck if I can cut my house payment in half then I wont be so far in debt and maybe I can actually help my kids in the future, ya know? The house actually has a little more square footage then my current one. The pool really isnt a big deal to me since my sister is really the only person to use it so I wont miss it too bad.

All I can say is that I am so happy that I met you all becuase I would be so lonely without you guys. :grouphug:

jbbm
05-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks Angie. You are a friend. Btw this weekend when we were setting up our new little table chest for the kitchen, we put it right where my youngest high chair is and she will not sit in it anymore. That brought me to tears :(. My hus says I am just way to sentimental :lol:. I become really attatched to things or just feel sad when I get rid of something and think of all the memories. Like even stupid things like a shirt! I told him lets just put it downstairs for awhile and let them play with it. She can put her baby dolls in it. He was like okay :dizzy:. Check in later!

bluekitty
05-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Hey everyone. I am VERY new to this support website. I am having a bad day. I'm a new mom and a little sad. (baby blues maybe?) I am also fat (no surprise there!) and obviously am here to lose weight. Any suggestions for me to get out of my blue state of mind and get out of myself? :?: I am a stay at home mom with NO car and alone with my baby for ten-eleven hours a day. I am also new to town and have no friends. I need some really creative ideas on how to get off my sad butt and be happy...

Thanks!!

150/220/238

bluekitty
05-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Hey everyone. I am VERY new to this support website. I am having a bad day. I'm a new mom and a little sad. (baby blues maybe?) I am also fat (no surprise there!) and obviously am here to lose weight. Any suggestions for me to get out of my blue state of mind and get out of myself? :?: I am a stay at home mom with NO car and alone with my baby for ten-eleven hours a day. I am also new to town and have no friends. I need some really creative ideas on how to get off my sad butt and be happy...

Thanks!!

150/220/238

Kempyd
05-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Angie I hate to hear that our kids are having a rough time in school. I can't believe that teacher. I think teachers need to be specila people and I don't think she is. I think that Cal has some good suggestions. I would keep going higher up the chian of comand if things don't get fixed soon. I wouldn't let it go on for very long.

I was totally off this weekend. We went to a wedding Saturday which I didn't know if I would have a good time and I ended up have a little to much to drink. We woke up yesterday and started to work on our kitchen floor. We are replacing the tile. I hate what is down right now. It is almost white and there is no way to keep it clean. I looks good the second you are done mopping it and then it is nasty all over again. The worst part was getting the mortar off of the floor. We have to use a compressor and a air hammer to blast it off. I have dust all over the house. We are going to have to take each room and start at the top and clean down. I didn't think that it would get into the cabinetes if they were closed but I was really wrong. So, now I get to pull everything out of them and clean that stuff too. I am not looking forward to all of that. Since I had a slight hangover I ate terribly. To top it off I am PMSing. I could really go for a burger right now too. In fact I think I might just have to get one. With me being so *****y it might be good for everyone if I do eat a burger. It might calm the savage beast in me.

Angie you asked a few days ago when our strawberry season is and it is almost over now. They started selling them in February. They were good too. I ate almost a whole flat by myself.

All right it is time for me to go figure out what I want for lunch.

angieME
05-03-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi Bluekitty. I know how it can be to be home all day with a baby with nothing to do(infact I think it is what caused me to gain so much weight) I was bored all day so I would bake special treats for my husband and big fatty meals, etc. (Gotta love the Food channel. :lol: Anyways, Do you have a stroller that you and the little one could get out and take short walks? It will help to boost your moods and give you a nice workout to boot. When I started to walk I would do 1 1/2 mile trips around the block and I would do it a few times a day , it helped me to lose 135 pounds a while ago.(of course I have gained alot back whenever I stop my workouts and watching what I eat.) stick around, these girls are my best friends and they are such great support. By the way, I am a married mom to 3 kids,a girl age 12 and twins,a boy and girl age 10. My husband and I are bakers for a living. I look forward to getting to know you.

Kempy, Your cleanup doesnt sound very fun. I can just imagine the mess. dust is the worste. What color tile are you laying now? You guys do alot of do it yourself home projects,huh? Me and Jay like to do things like that too. I could change my entire house year after year if I could afford it. :lol: Speaking of strawberries, I just bought a big box of them this weekend so I can make the kids a fruit plate with starfruit for garnish. They love it when I do that. I like to make their meals look special for them.I am weird!!

I gotta get back to work but I will check back in a couple of hours.

melekalikimaka
05-03-2004, 04:29 PM
Hey girls, I think I have a food hangover :o . Last night we had a BBQ (no surpsirse there), but we had oysters, baked salmon, and some really spicy pork bbq ribs. Then I had to go and fry some thai spring rolls :ink:. OMG the food was so good, it was a lot of fun though, to hang out with my sisters (less the one with the husband none of us can stand) and my parents were gone so it was more like a party if you know what I mean... with all these darn leftovers in the house I actually ate 2 spring rolls (heated in the microwave *blech*) for breakfast along with my piece of toast. I can feel the grease sitting in my stomach. Now I'm trying to wash it all away with lots of water.

Angie, I can't seem to get a handle on getting OP lately. I really think I need to go back to WW, it's the threat of a face-to-face weigh in that keeps me on track. Oh gosh, I really hate to go back there weighing the same as I did when I started in last year :rolleyes:. I can't believe the situation with your kids' teacher(s). Yeah, I thought if you chose teaching as a career you'd actually have to like kids! Go with what Cal suggests and hopefully that teacher is disciplined and/or made to apologize to your kids and other students. Good luck with it.

:wave: Welcome Bluekitty! Glad to have you join us and a big congratulations on your new baby :bb:. How old is the little one? I am a married mom of a five year old who will be starting kindergarten in July :(. I remember the days of the blues, I'd be at home with my baby sitting in the rocking chair with tears rolling down my face as I'd watch "A Baby Story" on TLC :lol:. It wasn't a "fun" time those first weeks, being alone all day and a first time mom and all. It got better as I did go out and went walking, visited family more often and just got moving around. Is hubby around in the evenings to let you get time to yourself? Welcome again and I look forward to hearing more from you.

Julie, sorry you're having a little friction with mom. We all have that now and then I think.

Kempy, go have your burger--flame broiled, not fried and maybe skip the fries? :lol: WHo am I to talk, I was in the BK drive thru the other day...

Oops, phones ringing like crazy, gotta run for now. I'll be back later ladies. Have a great day!

jbbm
05-03-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi BlueKitty welcome!

Angie what are you making for dinner tonight? Monday night around here is usaually mexican night. So I think we will whip up some mexican lasanga. I have fat free sour cream to go with it. I don't know if I will add ground beef or just do beans. Hus will probally want meat, he is such a damn caveman :lol:! It sounds good though. I should probally make the salsa now so it has time for all the flavors to blend. As for leftover blueberry pie that went work with hus. Yeah :). But I still have that huge bucket of ice cream in the freezer calling my name. And a brand new unopened Blue Bunny ice cream 1/2 gallon. I want to get rid the ice cream in the big bucket so I can make my whiskey/brandy slush for those hot summer nights :p. I am starting to realize I have to start having a little more fun in life. And if means having some slush on a hot summer night in the backyard I am going to do it!

angieME
05-03-2004, 05:14 PM
I am making Pot roast with potatoes and carrots for supper tonight. YUM!

Julie, How do you come up with your recipes? Mexican lasagna sounds so good.Whiskey Brandy slush? Sounds good whatever it is. I had a Big Brown Moose at a restaurant last year that was so good I could have forgotten the meal and just sat there for hours drinking. :lol: It had chocolate ice cream,ice,Baileys Irish cream,coffee,etc in it and it was so creamy and good.

Noelle, I know exactly how you feel. I was hoping just being seen this big would hold me accountable but it hasnt yet. I just havent been walking. :lol: Not funny I know but if I dont laugh I will cry. Your BBQ sounded good too. Did your sister make her taco wontons? I have got to try those.

angieME
05-03-2004, 05:18 PM
oh yeah, They took the teacher out of the breakfast room. YEAH!!!!! :cheer: All I care about is that my kids dont have to deal with her so that makes me feel better. Maybe if the school keeps getting complaints from other parents they will finally fire her or something. After this year the twins go to another floor entirely so they wont ever have to see her.

Kempyd
05-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Noelle I really think it is the time of year to stop being OP. It is happening here at the gym too. People are just to busy doing other things to eat right and workout. At least I know that is how I am. :D I seem to find better things to do with my time. Don't you worry, I had tat burger with fries. It really wasnt as good as I wanted it to be though. Maybe I can talk Joe into getting some po'boys tonight. YUM!

Angie that is great that she is out of there. I wonder what it was that made the principal finally make a move.

Julie what is a whiskey slush? It sounds like something that would taste pretty good though. You are always cooking something good. I am struggling trying to thnk af something for tonight. I think I might have to pick up something though. Joe and his dad are going to be pulling up the rest of the tile under the stove, dishwasher and fridge so I don't think I will be able to get in the kitchen to cook anything.

Angie I think that if we had been the ones to build our house we would not be doing to much to it. The lady who built it did a good job but the longer we live there the more that we see we want to change. Whenever we start a new project we add 2 or 3 to the list for next time. I think I will be living in a new house in about 2 years. :lol: I was going to workout today but the soreness is really starting to catch up to me. I swear I hate getting old. ;)

melekalikimaka
05-03-2004, 06:00 PM
I just got back from running an errand and saw this bumper sticker: PMS: Punish Men Severely :lol3:

jbbm
05-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Noelle, LOVE LOVE LOVE the bumper sticker!!!!

Angie I just love to make up new recipes and try them out. The slush is just to die for :) :D! I will post the recipe when I find it. I am going to be making some probally two ice cream pails full and storing it in the freezer. If I can remember right it has whiskey/brandy, brewed tea, orange juice concentrate and I believe lemonade concentrate. You mix it all up and freeze and get your ice cream scooper out and put it a glass, how much ever you want :dizzy: and pour sprite, gingerale, or any white soda. I always go all out and have regular soda and a slice of lime and lemon. My mouth is just watering! It is so good. I will post the recipe for sure.
I think we all have pms right now right? At least Kempy and I?

Kempy just order out, I wouldn't even try to work around men in a kitchen! Have a good night.

Kempyd
05-04-2004, 10:57 AM
We didn't end up working on the floor last night. We did go to Lowe's to pick up the tile though. We had 28 boxes of tiles w/ 7 tiles in each one. Thank goodness we have a truck or we would have never been able to get them home. Once we had all of them out of the truck I started to put together a table that I got for my electolysis machine. I ened up cooking mac-n-cheese for dinner. Pretty gross huh? It was quick and neither one of us was really hunger. I didn't even finish putting together my table b/c it was 10 and I knew that it would take me another hour or so to finish. I am so slow when it comes to putting things together.

That bumper sticker says it all doesn't it. Julie I don't know about you but I am a big bumbling baby right now. I could cry at the drop of a hat.

angieME
05-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Noelle, The bumpersticker is too funny. :lol: It fits too. haha

Kempy, Did you get your Po'boys last night? YUM!! I saw them make fried oyster ones on the food channel once and I have been dying for one ever since. How is Echo doing? When do you figure she will pop if she is preggo? I wan pics of the pups after they are born. I love newborn pups. Their little faces are so cute. We keep looking back to the video of Rebel when he was newborn and he looks so different now.

Julie, My period has been on the move lately. On vacation it was coming around the 25th of the month but lately it has been around the 15th.

I would love the recipe for the slush. I bet it is good and sweet. How did your lasagna come out? I think I am going to do chicken and baked potato for supper tonight. It has been raining hard all day. Jay and my dad have been working on the delivery car(it was a timing belt). It is almost fixed so at least he doesnt have to rack up the miles on the family car delivering the donuts everywhere.

The ad came out in the paper for the auction house and it says there may be 2 people holding liens on it. A construction company and the hospital. Now I need to get a lawyer to do a public records search for me to see if there are in fact any and if so then I guess I am not going to bid since I dont want to pay off their liens for them. They screwed up not me. Geesh. It seems weird that the government has to take a big loss but the lienholders would get paid in full doesnt it? I would think they would have sued the heck out of the original owners to get their money. As you can tell I know nothing about this, I just want a cheap house. :rofl: :lol:

I will check back in a while so keep posting.I love it when we are all chatting alot.

angieME
05-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Hey Kempy, we were posting at the same time. I meant to tell you that at our Walmart up here they have these lawn figures that are yellow labs holding welcome signs. They are so cute and I knew you didnt like the Walmart in your area so I figured I would let you know in case you wanted one.

Kempyd
05-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Anige we think she will be due in 2-3 weeks. God that is close I didn't realize it would be so soon. She isn't reall big though so she may not have as many as we thought she would. Although the vet said that she could balloon out any day now. I keep waiting for that to happen. They were bad dogs this morning. I let them out at about 7:20 and I ws ready to walk about the door 10 mins. later but the dogs where no where to be found. I called and called but they never came. I had to call work and tell them that I would be in when the dogs showed up. They ended up making their appearance at 8:15. I could have killed them. There was nothing I could do but wait for them to deceid that it was time to come home. They did the smae thing to me last Wednesday. I have no idea why they have started to do this but it drives me crazy.

Angie I know it sucks having so much rain. We usually get it really good in the summer. I bet this year will be no different.

angieME
05-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Bad doggies. :lol: We used to have a huskey when I was growing up that would take our other dogs running through the woods and then he would ditch them and come back home. :lol: He did it every chance he could. One time our little dog named Ewe(because he looked like one) got lost so bad that a lady about 10 miles away found him. Maybe Echo is trying to ditch Rhea. :lol: Do you guys have a whelping box all set up for Echo and the pups yet?

When you get done with school are you going to do your electrolysis at home or is there an office?

Kempyd
05-04-2004, 11:24 AM
We havn't gotten anything together yet. I think we are going to try to get a kiddie pool set up for her so that she will have enough room to stretch out in there. I bet Rhea will be in it with her when we first get it. I don't think Echo would leave Rhea I think it is the other way around sometimes. I bet those 2 are barking their heads off right now. The city sent out some guys to re-dig the ditch behind us and they have to do it by hand since we have a fence up. The dogs can hear them but they can't see them and I bet it is drving them crazy.

I will be working out of a salon. The place that I go to is owned by my friend and her mom and they want me to be there. If I wanted to work out of my house I would have to have a seperate entrance. That is a law set up by the board. I wish I could work out of the house. That would give me so many tax deductions but I will work where every I can. I just want to get out of here.

angieME
05-04-2004, 11:31 AM
oh so Rhea is the little instigator huh? haha Echo is being a good Mom and keeping an eye out for her. I bet she makes a great mommy. The kiddie pool is a great idea. You will walk in one day and it will be Mom and puppys and Rhea curling up with them all. :lol: Rebel barks at anyone who walks by our fence. I think he thinks it is his job. :lol: If we are on the deck and a kid rides by on his bike Rebel is at the top of the hill before he can even get all the way by. He is a fast little bugger.

That is good that you have a job all lined up already. In the future if you ever wanted to start your own you could set up a bay in your garage too. I bet you must be so excited to get done and start your new job.

Kempyd
05-04-2004, 11:51 AM
I think that would be so cute to see if Echo lets Rhea in with she and the puppies.

It is to hot down here to work out of the garage. Good idea though. Plus, it would take alot just to get the garage sterile enough. You woould not believe the things thnat I have to do to keep the stuff I use clean. It is good for safety though. I would much rather someone working on me be using sterile things.

jbbm
05-04-2004, 12:46 PM
good morning girls

Still feeling tired. I think I could have slept in two more hours :coffee:. I have to get to bed earlier. It has been sprinkling here on and off and then the sun shines and it looks so pretty. No rainbows yet though. Today I might look for some last minute airline tickets, to go see my brother the one who just got married and now he is graduating in California. I hate to fly and I would be going all by myself. Maybe I would just order a drink on the plane and be fine? It would be fun if one or all lived there we could meet!

Angie supper was good last night. Tonight I might make omlettes or baked fish. I talk to the "boss man" and see what he wants. How was the kids day yesterday?

Kempy I just love that puppy breath. It is going to be really hard for you to give them up. Do you know people that want to buy them?

Well kids are calling better get going. I think I will look for some caffeine to perk this butt up! I would like to get some excercise in today too. We'll see. Julie

angieME
05-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Julie, It was pouring here all night and this morning but it seems to have cleared up a little. Now it is just windy and cold. Dont feel bad about hating to fly, I have never been on a plane and I am not sure I would dare to do it,especially alone. I hate to do things I dont know how to do for fear of looking stupid. I would probably end up on the wrong end of the airport and totally miss my flight. :lol:

I am making crispy chicken and baked potatoes for me for supper. Jay is having his cooked with fried onions and cheese.I love it both ways but I want to dump alot of red hot on my chicken tonight.I have been craving that.

What is everyone got planned for Mothers Day this year?

Kids had a good day at school since they took the teacher out of the breakfast room.I did get a letter from the principal telling me that the teacher denied it and that it was basically other kids doing it. HELLO? I know they werent going to believe a kid over a teacher but I believe the kids since they both told me the same thing seperately. It really pisses me off but the school will never take action against her and I dont have time to fight no win battles. I will however keep my eyes open and anything she says in the future will be making me go directly to the superintendant of the school.

Kempyd
05-05-2004, 11:42 AM
I CAN'T WAKE UP!!! :tired: I went to be early last night and I am still tired. I don't know what is wrong with me. I guess it is b/c of TOM. Can I just leave this place and go home to take a nap?

Today is Cinco de Mio, are you guy doing anything for it? I think Joe and I are going to go eat at the local mexican rest. tonight. I am looking forward to all of the cheese right now. Being PMSy I want cheese and chocolate. I know that is weird but it must be the fat in them that I want.

What are you guys doing today?

jbbm
05-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Hi Girls

Kempy I am with you! I forgot about that day. I will also have to have some melted cheese on something. You know me the biggest cheese head. Hus called me from work today and really ticked me off. I don't want to get into the stupid details right now but ugh he is annoying me or it could just be pms. (BOTH actually) When are you do for yours? If you don't mind me asking....I am on Mother's Day, what a present :lol:. God I feel like b***h! But I am laughing as I type this....one minute laughing and the next I feel like I am falling apart. Hey if you go out tonight get a great big huge margarita :D! I can almost taste one now :).

Angie what do you have going on today? My mom has not called me in three weeks on top of everything else. I e-mailed her a letter. I am really sorry this post sounds just like a bunch of venting. How is the weather by ya today? Sunny, but cold here. I am just thankful for the sunshine!

Check in later girls, I have not eaten anything yet so I might go find something to eat! Check in soon....Julie

jbbm
05-05-2004, 12:50 PM
Noelle come out and play today if you have time honey :)! What did you think of AI last night? I do not like that kind of music that much so I was really not to into it. I think George is going to go tonight. What do you think? I can't believe Paula started crying....I don't think it was about Fantasia singing, I think it is her love for Simon :devil:! I loved it when he hugged her. God I could go for a hug from him right now :lol:....Julie

Kempyd
05-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Julie I actually started yesterday. I don't mind you asking me that. I am a woman afterall and we all have them. Sometimes my hubby drives me up the wall too. Like right now he is all pissy about the house being dirty or should I say dusty. I have to tell him that there is nothing we can do about it right now. I mean we have no kitchen floor right now what does he think is going to happen. I am not going to scrub the house right now b/c there is still dust on the floor and it just gets kicked up by us.

I didn't think last night was very good for anyone on AI. I think that LaToya is good b/c she is a professional singer so of course she will sound good. I do like George though. Julie you think he will go? I htought it might be Diana or Jasmine. I like both of them but I didn't think that they hit their marks last night. You are so funny about Simone and Paula. :lol:

angieME
05-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi! It is pretty nice here right now. I was surprised to get up and see sunshine after all the rain. I am sleepy feeling today too. I barely got my *** up to get anything done. I went to buy some ice cream today. We have a place the next town over that makes their own from scratch and it is to die for!@!! I got a quart of chocolate with peanut butter. YUM!! It has tons of gooey peanut butter sauce that they also make themselves. I cant wait to eat some. I promise that Sunday I will get on track again. I just need to get through Mothers Day.

Julie, I am sorry you havent spoken to your mom in so long. It is common for me and mine to never talk so I dont usually think about it to much...unless I want to talk and it feels like I am being blown off that is. We actually have talked this week though.They are planning to go gold panning right off so I told them that maybe we can all go down in the RV and stay the night or something. We will see.

AAAHHHH The Power of Cheese!!! :lol: I will make pigs in a blanket with cheese tonight for supper. :lol:

We have a gay stray here. :lol: haha. The tiger cat I swear is in love with Shadow. He follows him EVERYWHERE!!! He will lay on the deck and wait for him to come back out when he is eating and then just follow him around the yard. It is so funny.

I have to get back to work but I will check back in a few hours.

GEMonster
05-05-2004, 03:33 PM
Hey all

Sorry to be out of the loop...Welcome blue kitty and hi to Noelle, Kempy, Julie and Angie and anyone I missed. :wave:

It's been a **** of a couple days - My best friend lost her baby 2 weeks from delivery - she hemmoraghed out and the baby died and she almost did as well and then was put on suicide watch so I may be going to her soon. It's family only right now. I am at such a loss. This was to be her and her husbands first and she had to go through in vitro twice.

Sorry to be so depressing - just keep my friend in your prayers. Thanks

:( Summer :(

melekalikimaka
05-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Hey girls. I'm battling a scratchy throat (again), maybe my A/C filter needs cleaning :chin:. I've been working half days and spending time w/Michael after school since my parents are on vacation and will be for another week and a half or so. Yesterday as I was driving to pick him up from school I got a call on my cell phone, it was his classmates mother asking if he could come over and play w/her son--gee, try asking me with 2 minutes notice. I wasn't feeling that well and it was just so last minute I told her I had some errands to run (not a lie)--then she asks me since I was on my way to the school, if I could pick up her son and drop him off anyway! I do not consider this lady my close friend. Our sons happen to be in the same class and they've had a couple of play dates together, that's all. Talk about being so presumptuous! *shaking my head*

Summer, that is so sad about your friend and the baby. Some babies are just too perfect to stay on earth very long, they get called home first. Mom and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care of her and yourself.

Angie, that ice cream sounds great. You've got me dreaming about Cold Stone Creamery now...have any of you got one near you? You choose your flavor and the "mix-ins", and they do it right in front of you on a marble slab. Yum!

Julie, of course I watched AI and I think Jas will be next to go. I think George did a good job but he didn't "wow" me. I still like his voice though and it seems like he doesn't have to work to hard at it, like say Diana or Jas. I'm rooting for LaToya, she's awesome. Fantasia did a good job with her second song, but something about her style of singing doesn't do it for me. It was just a'ight :lol:

Kempy, I've got nothing special planned for cinco de mayo, but I do have blender that hasn't been used in quite a while :devil: *burp*. THanks for the reminder (where did all that tequila go???). It's also "Boys Day" here in HI, it's a Japanese tradition (actually believed to have started from a Chinese custom, but I digress) and maybe I'll do something special for my boy(s).

I gotta get back to work so I can get out of here! Hello to everyone I missed, have a great day.

calnative
05-06-2004, 12:13 AM
Hello Everyone,

What a busy week. It started last week. :dizzy: My husband left today for Alaska. He will be working at Denali National Park until September 22. Ashley and I are planning to go up there for a week or so in July.
I had an interview at Ashley's school yesterday. I went in and introduced myself to her principal. I also asked her what positions she might have for the fall. Anyway, she did a formal interview, 1 1/2 hours (even though I was wearing a t-shirt and shorts :o ) She told me not to worry. She told me she was very impressed and she called me back today and said she'd like me to meet with the assistant principal and the 8th grade team leader. I would love to get a job at Ashley's school; it would be great to be near her and on the same schedule. I will call tomorrow and set up an appointment.
Our kids at school are giving the permanent substitute a really bad time. She left the room crying today and the Special Ed teacher went in to cover the class; our team leader went in and really ripped on them.
I'm going to suggest tomorrow for her to just teach the ones who want to learn and tell the others that they have failed Science. Mid terms come out next week, perhaps if they see failing grades they will straighten out. In middle school, if a student fails one core subject, he/she must repeat the entire grade. Harsh, but needed for some students.
My husband is supposed to call soon. Take care ladies and I will try not to go AWOL for so long.

Cal

angieME
05-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Cal, My parents have always wanted to go to Alaska. It looks so pretty on tv. What will your hubby be doing there? You guys are gonna miss him something terrible I bet. The students at your school sound pretty wild. I wouldnt know what to do with kids like that day in and day out. How do you do it without going bonkers? :lol:

Noelle, How is your throat feeling today? Better I hope. No we dont have a Cold Stone Creamery here but I have seen them on the Food Channel and it looks so good. Come to think of it we dont really have any good places up here. We have fast food,Olive Garden,Ruby Tuesdays,Applebees,Unos, and that is about it. And that is in the nearest city to me(about an hour away),sad huh? :lol:

Summer, I am so sad for your friend. That must be so devastating, I cant even begin to imagine how she is feeling right now. I will send prayers for her.

Julie, How is your day going so far? Did you and hubby make up? Whats for supper tonight. I am having tuna helper with biscuits and peas.

angieME
05-06-2004, 05:25 PM
Kempy and Noelle, I dont know if you have been keeping track or not but Christy and Chris' (aka Sveltechicky for anyone else who remembers ) baby was just born. It was a girl, they named her Claire Delaney. I am so happy for them.

jbbm
05-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Hi honey bunnies,

Sorry to check in so late. I went to my son's future school and it was an orientation. They don't think he ready yet, at least that is what one teacher says. He turns five in the beginning of June. I really do not know what think. He is so smart but they said he just would not sit still or listen :?:? He is such a good boy at home. I cried. Not just about him growing up, but I am so confused now. Any advice Angie or Noelle, or Cal? And I cried because of the famous bumper sticker. I hate this pms. On top of that I went to MIL's house to pick up dd and slammed my finger in the van door. Lets just say I wanted to scream the "F" word but she was outside standing there :^:. I cried about that too. It is all black at half of the nail and bruised on the finger tip. I think it might actually be broken, but I know there is nothing to do about it. Unless they have to remove my finger nail. Its taking me a long time to type this. Geesh what day.

Tonight for supper Angie we are going to have burgers on the grill. Yum! Big juicy ones that are hand patted out with fried onions and spicy mustard. Anyone's mouth watering yet? Maybe a little broccoli salad on the side. Excellent recipe for the salad if you guys would like it.
Angie I remember Christy and Chris, yeah I have been here that long :lol:....I am so happy for them. What a beautiful thing.

Cal I hope you read my post above....what do you think? When should a five year old boy start school? Turns five in beginning of June. They said he would not sit still, would not eat snack (very picky eater though at home, well actually since birth) during orientation. I mean he is so smart, kind and a loving boy. And there is no way in **** I am going to send him and they say he has ADD or whatever and suggest drugs. I am totally against that for my child. It may work for others thats great but not mine, I know he is not an Add child. Please help me :(. You sound like a great teacher with alot of experience with kids. I would appreciate it.

Kempy how was you Mexican Fiesta last night? Get a little salsa dancing in? I don't know how but it looks fun and would burn calories. Are you feeling better emotionally? I know two or three days after mine starts I start feeling better. Hugs girl!

Hi my HI girl Noelle. I hope you are not buried in paperwork and phone calls.
Luv ya all....Julie

jbbm
05-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Cal let me add to it, they suggested half days for two weeks to a month and see if he adjusts. I just think 8:45-3:30 is way to long for a kindergarten day. Its sad its all about money. I think the first year should be half days like when I went to kindergarten. Sorry to ramble about this. Julie Btw he never attended pre-school so I think that is part of the problem.

calnative
05-06-2004, 11:28 PM
Julie: Your son sounds like a typical 5-year-old boy. My daughter had a very short attention span as well and she did go to pre-school. You're right about part of the problem being that he never attended pre-school. Sounds like the teacher just wants things easy. What state are you in? Every state has its own cut off day for starting kinder. Here in Arizona is is August 31. My niece started kinder last year. She turned 5 on August 8 and started school on August 14. She never attended pre-school either and she was a little behind at first, but her teacher was able to bring her to where she needed to be with the help of my sister. I do know of some kinder teachers who don't want kids who do not have the experience of pre-school. I think some of them are just lazy, but most really want to help the kids. I also agree with you that you should not have to settle for a diagnosis of ADD or ADHD when the boy is only acting his age. Some parents opt to wait a year for boys and have them start when they are 6 because boys mature slower than girls, but you know your child best. If he is academically ready, that is he can learn the alphabet easily, count and recognize some numbers, he is probably ready. The sitting still will come with time. Kinder is when they learn those social skills of sitting, sharing, paying attention, etc. He will also be right in the middle age wise with all the other kinders, unless your state's cut off is in June or July; then he will be at the younger end. Ashley goes to half day kinder because Arizona does not fund all day kinder. She does go to an extension called Link and she loves it. She's at school from 9am to 3:45. The advantage to that is that her 8pm bedtime is really easy. :lol: I hope I've helped. If you have any more questions, I will try to help. I can also talk to Ashley's teacher and get her opinion; since she is a Kinder teacher.

Angie: Yes the kids are wild. Quite a handful really, but I love them. Today I really ripped into them because of the way they were treating the new teacher. In fact, I gave them the Science final exam and told them that it would be their 4th quarter grade unless the new teacher was able to teach them what they needed to know to pass. I also told them that they would be doing Saturday school and summer school if it continued. They were really scared and worried; in fact, that Science class was the quietest it's been in a long time. :lol: I think I really got through to them today. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Have to go now. I have another interview at Ashley's school; I would really love to work there and have Ashley so close. :crossed:

Cal

jbbm
05-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Thanks Cal, you made me feel better. I think we are going to ask if he can attend half days. And before the year is out go and sit in class with all the other kids and teacher. Having them grow up is so hard :(. I love him so much.

Angie whats ya doing today? Are baking or are you off?

Kempy have a good day at school.

Hi Noelle!

Sorry this is short. My finger got worse over night so I might go to the doctor and have it drained. It is so swollen and the whole finger hurts. I am going to hear from a nurse. Anyone ever have to have their finger nail poked to drain the pressure and gunk? Sorry too much info! It hurts soooo bad though. I can hardly type here. I hope the boards are busy again this weekend. I feel like an emotional wreck with this finger, pms, and my sweet little on my mind. Bye for now guys, Julie

angieME
05-07-2004, 02:29 PM
Good afternoon! I have been busy scraping the deck so we can restain it. Fun Fun. I finally caved and let the kittens outside for the day and let me tell you they love it. I already got my wrist all dug to crap because little gray wasnt ready to come inside. :lol:

We played tennis last night with the twins while Brittany had a track meet. Alicia is so good!!! We did doubles and that kid wouldnt let me near a ball. She was nailing them so far back we thought we were gonna lose a few. :lol: I am going to buy a bat and glove this weekend so we can all play softball at the little league field.

Julie, I feel for ya girl. Your thumb must be so sore. I hope you dont lose the nail and that it gets better real soon. I completely understand what you are going through with your son. Corey was the same way in school too. He went to Head start for 2 years before kindergarten too and he still couldnt settle down. I swear it is a boy thing. They are all exciteable. :lol: They told me that they didnt think he was ready either but I kinda pushed it because him and Alicia are twins and I wanted them to be together. He is in the 5th grade now and I still cant get him to settle down and pay attention. Good luck with whatever happens. We also have full day kindergarten up here.

Well, I have to get back to work now but I promise I will check back later.

Oh yeah, My deck chairs finally came in today so I have to go to Bangor to pick them up after work.

GEMonster
05-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Hey All

Julie I am sorry to hear about your finger - being an Athletic Trainer in a former life - it sounds like it is broken :( and that if they will be draining it is to take out excess fluid before a splint so there is not so much damn pressure. I am sorry sweetie! As for your son - he will be fine - promise! :goodvibes: One teacher is not a majority and boys will be boys. It is a new environment so I am sure he is nervous and excited.

Cal good look with the interviews at your daughter's school. :lucky:

Angie - love new furniture - makes me :)

Kempy I hope you enjoyed Cinco de Mayo!

Noelle I hope you are feeling better and that Boys day was fun

Thank you all for the prayers for my friend and her family with all they are going through right now. :balloons:

GEM/Summer

angieME
05-07-2004, 09:00 PM
Cal, How did your interview go? I am keeping my fingers crossed for you to get the job. Ashley would probably love having her Mom rightthere with her. Good Luck. :crossed:

Summer, How is your friend doing now? I hope she is okay.

Julie, How is your finger? What did the doc have to do to it? I will be here with ya this weekend.

We got the deck chairs. One has a little hole in it that we didnt see until we got it home(because the store already had them ready for us) so tomorrow we may take that one back and get a new one. It will be so nice not to have these cushioned chairs that the cats get all hairy. :cheer:

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

jbbm
05-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi Girls

I ate really bad for supper, fried fish, french fries, tarter sauce, but I did have some asparagas. I did good though the rest of the day. Anyone have plans for this weekend? None for me. Maybe get a special breakfast on Mother's Day from hus and kids. Or just having them let me sleep in would be wonderful. Happy Early Mother's Day out there to all you moms. You guys are the greatest :). Well I did get my finger drained today. I called my mom's nurse friend and the doc was booked but she gave me instructions for my hus to do it or I could go to urgent care, well stupid me I let hus to it and you are suppose to steralize a sewing needle and just touch the nail with the hot needle. Well what do you think he did? He pushed it through the top of my nail underneath and the stupid thing was stuck! Yikes. It hurts so bad I cried like a baby and told him and was screaming pull it out!!!! Finally he did. It did relieve some pressure but it still hurts terribly. What a time that was. Enough complaining about me. How was everyone's day? I hope you all have a great weekend and have time to check in! Julie

jbbm
05-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Hi Angie I am glad you got and like your chairs. Its to bad one has a hole in it. Isn't that the way it goes? At least with me, I pick something up from the store and it has a stupid flaw in it. Oh well ;). It is suppose to rain here all weekend :(. I hope you have nice weather. It so unpredictable where we live isn't it? Take care everyone. Julie

melekalikimaka
05-08-2004, 12:10 AM
Hey all, better late than never right? This morning when I should have been working I watched Under the Tuscan Sun on my computer. (shhh, don't tell Rick!). I really liked this movie, so if you haven't seen it yet, go out to Blockbuster. Now I'm waiting for the LOTR Return of the King movie to come out...Since my parents have been on vacation, I've been watching a lot of DVDs that I otherwise wouldn't have time to watch in the afternoons. It's fun!

Julie, so sorry to hear about your finger, that sounds sooo sore. I know you and I are fans of American Idol but ya didn't have to go and copy Paula with the finger injury :^:. Sorry, I shouldn't joke about it. Hope it gets better fast! I can just picture hubby playing medic on you, I can picture mine doing the same to me--giving me more pain that is. :grouphug: You have a great weekend and I'll be trying to send some sunshine your way. I know how you feel about your little boy going to school. Kids are so resilient, I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets used to the routine. I think putting him in 1/2 days is a good idea at first, then you can see how both of you cope :). Keep your chin up lady, things will be better.

Angie, you're my hero with all your tennis and running around. I've been a sloth, no exercise and just basically oinking out on junk food. I swear, I need to take some pictures of myself to get me motivated. Hey, thanks for letting us know about Chris and Chris' new baby! That's so exciting! They must be in heaven :cloud9: I may send little Claire a little Hawaiian outfit to wear during the summer. --Oh yeah, I had to laugh about your description of your gay kitty :lol:

Cal, just tossing in my "good luck" :lucky: wishes on the job. :goodvibes:

Kempy, don't forget to wish Echo a Happy Mom's day, maybe a new chew toy or nice bone? :lol:

Summer, anything new and exciting planned for the weekend?

Hello to Holly and anyone else I may have missed. Have a great weekend everyone :wave:

GEMonster
05-08-2004, 03:21 PM
Early Happy Mothers day to All! :sunny:

I just wanted to pop in and send warm thoughts and :grouphug: to you all!
I am crazy with cleaning because I am insane and am having family over for brunch. My family is small but my husbands is HUGE (He is Irish and Roman Catholic) so this should be predicted. It should be fun and wonderfully carby! :eating2: I know my workouts will have to increase :workout: after then I am going to FL for work on Monday... :p ...not my favorite place but what can you do? God's been good enough to let me have a job

Angie, thanks for asking about my friend. She is so sad and not talking to anyone but her mom, dad and DH. The funeral was so bad. It is not right to have a casket that small. :( She and her DH are planning an extended vacation soon. She just needs time to grieve so I told as soon as she needs me I am just a phone call a way, today, next month or a year...I just wish I could do more :shrug:

Julie I hope your finger is feeling better. I know this sounds painful but I would sterilize your finger and but Hydrigen Peroxide. It will hurt like a B!#*h but it should stop any infection from the needle. Your DH intentions were good..lesson learned...if there is a next time urgent care!

Noelle love :love: Under the Tuscan Sun. The movie is good the book is great! But that Itallian hottie much better in the movie than my imagination...need to work on that...

Kempy, Cal and anyone else Have a great weekend and Happy Mothers Day all! We are all queens! :queen:

Quote:
Sooner or later we all quote our mothers. - Bern Williams

Summer

angieME
05-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone. I finally started to paint my deck today. (after a week. :lol: ) Not much happening here.

Julie, OUCH!!! I feel bad for you. Rest the finger and enjoy Mothers Day.

Noelle, You and me both need motivation. I havent actually been exercising though. Just a little tennis. :lol: I will start over..... again.

Summer, Florida? I am so jealous!!

Well, I will try to check back again.

jbbm
05-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Hi Everyone

Angie glad you got you deck stained. I bet it is starting to look great. I just wish we could have went outside today. We have been having severe thunderstorms since the middle of last night, huge THUNDER! and I checked the weather and the only day it is not going to rain is on Tuesday until Friday. Talk about depressing. Yuck. Did you or Jay Bake anything special for you on Mother's Day. I bet your romantic husband and great kids have something up their sleaves :). I thought hus would make me a nice meal tonight but it was chicken nuggets and instant mashed potatoes. What a guy after all I did pushing out his offsprings :lol:! Ouch!

Kempy no time to check in again? Come on girl!!!! We miss youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!! The weather must be nice out by you or you must be re-doing that kitchen floor, but we still would like to hear from ya. Are you doing anything special with your mom tomorrow? I know that Joe's live in CA right? Happy Mother's day Kemp, you take good care of your babies :).

Summer I think I will take you advice and to the peroxide thing. I mean I don't want an ugly fingernail for summer. Its feeling better and stuff it still realeasing from the hole. Sorry tmi for some. Good luck with the family get together. I always get so damn nervous and lets just say I am probally not the best host. I try but I don't think it is anywhere near Martha Stewart's get togethers. I am sure everything will work out and it will be fun.

Noelle thanks for the well wishes. I know after I did this I thought of Paula and her manicure infection. I just wish I had Simon to comfort me :devil: :lol:! Hus woke up in a mood and it was just driving me nuts. Well hopefully my friend TOM will show up and I will stop being a B**** and venting so much. I told him about that bumper sticker and he just gave me a look ;).

Well thats it for me for now. Everyone have a great Mother's Day, whether you are a mom to a kid, animal or hus :lol:! Bye for now and will be back! Julie

jbbm
05-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Cal and Holly I don't want to forget you! Happy Mother's Day! And even Cherie if you are still out there! Julie :)!

jbbm
05-08-2004, 10:18 PM
And also Tonya, Chris, and everyone else I can't think of right now! These pain meds are getting to me :dizzy: :lol:! Okay I will shut up now and stop wasting posting areas :) ;). Julie

angieME
05-09-2004, 06:37 PM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!

Well, I stained the whole side steps by myself. I did the rails white and the deck boards a light cocoa color. It looks so nice because now the side steps match the deck(which we still have to redoe. ) YEAH! I moved the deck furniture around so I can tan easier without moving the lounge chairs all over all the time.

Brittany colored me a cute card and cut out a rose for me and the twins made bread dough figures and food colored them for me for Mothers Day. That was so sweet. Brittany made pancakes for everyone for breakfast but I had just eaten a cupcake. Then I went to work.

Julie, I see your pain meds are kicking in. haha :lol: Guess what? I am on the same period plan you are. haha I started today. I am not supposed to have it until the 16th. That explains why Jay had a massive headache(he ALWAYS has a headache the day before I start. About time the guys get some PMS huh? :rofl: ) this week and why I wanted to rip his head off once even though I wasnt mad at him. :lol:

Well, I gotta go get supper but I wanted to make sure I wished everyone a Happy Mothers Day.

melekalikimaka
05-09-2004, 08:11 PM
Hey girls...just had a minute of downtime. I woke up at 3:30 this morning because my son came in and wormed his way into the middle of the bed. By 5:30 I was pushed to the edge of the mattress and decided to go sleep in Mikey's room by myself...ahhh that was nice. Then I got up at 7 and got my Mother's Day gifts: a fridge-magnet popsicle stick photo frame with a cute picture of Mikey with a hand-print card with a cute poem inside. And hubby gave me a dozen red roses with a nice bottle of perfume whose name I can't think of right now. We're planning on chicken and steak fajitas on the grill tonight. I just finished making the marinade and will let that sit in the fridge for a few hours. I also sliced up a huge golden sweet juicy pineapple and have that chilling as well. Oh, and did I mention chocolate cake w/buttercream frosting? :ink: After this day is over I am focusing my mind on getting back on track to lose some of this weight!!! My best girlfriend may be coming next month and I don't want to look and feel like a blimp :(.

Julie, take care of that finger and go easy on the pain meds! I'm not PMSing just yet but I'm sure eating like it :lol:.

Angie, Im sure your deck looks awesome. Any more info on that auction house? I'm getting more depressed since interest rates are going up and the price of homes are too! Median price on my island is now around $450K. Isn't that nuts????

Well, gotta run for now. Have a great mothers day all and a great day to everyone else :wave:

jbbm
05-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Happy Mother's Day Girls

Boy its all ready 9:00 here and I am just getting on. Busy day. I got some really nice scented candles, a new reclining lawn chair to lay out in, and some undies from hubby :devil: :D :).

Noelle and Angie its sounds like you both had a great day too!

Noelle hubby sounds so sweet a dozen red roses and perfume, and the cute gifts from Michael. Your meal sounds wonderful. I ate like a total pig this weekend. Tonight we made strawberry and blueberry milkshakes, microwave popcorn and my hus baked a cake for me. I just made bbq'ed some chicken for supper with baked potatoes and veggies. But the desserts really got to me this weekend. I would love some of your fresh pineapple. I bet it was wonderful. I remember when hus and I went to Jamaica the pineapple there was so fresh and tasty, probally just like yours.

Angie that is so so funny that Jay gets a headache the day before you start. Yup I started today too. Lets just figure its a good mother's day present to get rid of these stupid cravings. And I am with you, my husband was on my nerves for the last seven days! Yesterday I could barely look at him! But he makes awesome omlettes and made me one this morning. And my mood was lifted. Awwww the power of food :lol:. Your deck sounds really nice. I wish we had a deck but we just have a concrete patio.

Well its getting late and the kids are not even in bed yet. So I will talk to everyone tomorrow. Bye for now....Julie

Kempyd
05-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Hey guys and welcome to another Monday morning. I swear these things come faster each week. All we did for the past 4 days was run around like crazy people. we were some serious social butterflies and now I am totally wiped out. I need a day off. I hope all of you guys had great mother's day's. We went to Joe's dads house and then went to my moms for a visit. Lets just say it was a long day AND I was a :ink: all weekend. Sooooo, that means that I am back on the wagon today. Joe is even on this one with me. We both need to do something. I am really starting to freak out about my b-day. I will be 30 and I scare myself when I see me in the mirror. I don't want to feel that way.

Angie I will have to look at Chris's site to see the picture of the baby. I knew that they were waiting for it soon.

I have to run so that I can send out some collection letter. fun,fun.

melekalikimaka
05-10-2004, 05:09 PM
Good Morning/Afternoon ladies! It's 10 a.m. here and I thought I'd pop in and see how you all were doing after the weekend. Well, after pigging out last night, I'm enjoying a non-fat latte this morning and don't feel the urge to eat anything anytime soon. I'm so busy since I slacked off last week while I was feeling sick and only working half days. I think I'll ask Michael if he wants to go and walk the dog this afternoon *gasp*, some exercise perhaps? :lol:

Kempy, I agree about the days/months flying by so quickly. We're almost halfway thru the year!!! I don't like doing collection either but it's a necessary evil eh? I saw the pic of baby Claire on the website, what a cutie! How's Echo doing these days?

Hey all you ladies, Come out come out wherever you are :wave: Have a good day everyone.

calnative
05-11-2004, 12:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

I haven't heard yet about the job at Ashley's school. I did talk to the acting principal and she has not been able to talk to the principal yet. She hopes to talk to her by Wednesday. The principal had surgery last weekend and she is still very sick.

I had a great Mother's Day. Ashley was so cute. She was upset because she didn't know where to go to get me an ice cream cake. I told her it was ok because she was the best gift. She gave me a heart she made at school. It has her thumb pring around the edge and says "Thumbody loves you". Inside is a picture of her and says "It's me". I almost cried.

School is goint well for now. The kids have settled down a bit from last week. I think they are still afraid of me. :D 5 weeks left and I'm so drained.

The temp was not so bad today; probably just got up to 90 and it was very windy. Tormorrow is supposed to be only 80. Good. I'm not looking forward to the high temps.

Cal

Kempyd
05-11-2004, 11:08 AM
Well, I made it to Tuesday without piging out. I am so proud of myself. I know that it is only one day but I will take what I can get. Angie and Julie what happened to you yesterday?

I have the tile guys at my house right now. I hate to leave people there without me being there. I know that they wont do anything though. They wouldn't not have made it very long in the business if they did things to people's homes. It is weird right now b/c I have my fridge in the living room. I thought it would be pretty fun to have it there, less walking. :lol:

Cal I remember giving my mom things like that. She still has a few of them that she really liked. I think it is cute when teachers have projects like that for them to do.

I hope you guys check in today.

angieME
05-11-2004, 12:34 PM
I am here. I am just really busy right now but I will try to check back in after work and actually post something. Miss you guys!!!

melekalikimaka
05-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi everybody. I must've had a rough night last night because I was clenching my teeth--a bad habit i have... I woke up with a tension headache on the right side, and when I tried to blow my nose it felt like my head wanted to explode...come to find out (while poking around) I may have made a small crack in one of my upper back molars :headache:. I'm heading to the dentist this afternoon to get an x-ray~~ fun eh? Wish me luck that it's only a minor problem and not one needing a crown because I don't have that kind of money or time right now.

Cal, I love getting crafty gifts from my son too, it's so sweet and I often feel tears welling up when I get them. It's silly, but it's totally great. :)

Kempy, great job girl on eating like a normal person! That's so hard for me. I had leftover chicken fajitas for lunch AND dinner yesterday, there were so many leftovers. I piled on the veggies so it wasn't too bad, uh, except for that stupid chocolate cake. It's going into the trash today because I don't think I can stand myself if I eat any more of it :ink:

Angie, busy is good right? That means the weather is great the tourists are coming :cb:

Julie where are ya? How's the thumb doing? Are you looking forward to disco night tonight? I'm not really, although my sis bought me a Donna Summer DVD as a joke for Mother's day. I wonder how all the divas will do.

Oh you guys, I found the most wonderful thing yesterday. We went to Toys R Us yesterday to buy some bubble soap (yes I love to blow bubbles along with the kids too) the gallon size was about $3 and if you bought 2 you get one free, so I have 3 gallons of bubble soap...anyway, they had this big "wand" thing called the Bubblestuff Big Bubbler. It makes GIANT bubbles. It's soooo cool. I was standing in the back of my dad's pick up truck parked outside the front of the house making gargantuan bubbles which floated off down the street. Cars driving by were slowing down to watch, it was so funny and so much fun. OK, enough giddiness for now--I gotta stop before I close shop and go home and make bubbles *heehee*

Anyway, here's wishing everyone has a great day!

Kempyd
05-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Hey guys, I am just sitting here watching the rain. It is pouring outside right now. I did good yesterday too. I did have sushi for dinner though so I am sure that I had to much sodium.

They got the tile down yesterday and today they are going to grout it. I am so happy it looks so good. I took a b4 picture and I will do an after so that you guys can see it.

Noelle and Julei whjat did you think about AI last ngiht. I thought Dianna was GREAT!!!! I think she is now I new favorite.

I hope you guys check in b/c I need someone to chat with today.

angieME
05-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Good Morning. It has been so nice outside here for the last few days...too bad I feel like a fat useless pig.How come just feeling like a fat ugly waste isnt enough to get me on track? I am so sick of Angies Pity party but yet am I doing anything about it? NO!!!! Warmth is here and I have nothing to wear except huge baggie Tshirts and one pair of shorts. I am in shock that I LET myself do this all over again.

On the bright side, I saw my hummingbird this morning so they are back. The leaves are all coming out so my backyard is getting private again.

I cant get financing for the house until I bid on it and get it paid for then I can refinance it for the full value.At least the bank said that would be the easiest way to go about doing it. Now to get some cash.His parents could do it but I doubt they would do it for us(maybe the crackhead but not us. :lol: )

Can you tell I am having my period? I am just so sunshiney today. :lol: I have walked for the last 2 days but I am sure it doesnt do any good when I get home and have to bake cookies and then I eat 4 of them. I AM SO FAT!!!!!! I am disgusted to even look at myself right now.

Kempyd
05-12-2004, 11:20 AM
STOP THAT!!! I know how you feel b/c I am going through it right now too. I am really trying hard to change my thinking though. I don't have any shorts either. I went shopping Friday and bougth 3 pairs of pants and no shorts. Joe just didn't understand why I would do that. HHMM, let me think, is it b/c I have jiggly legs? He just dosen't understand. I am with ya Angie. I am trying to talk to myself a littel better. I am my worst critic.

OUr hummingbirds came back last month. I lvoe those little guys. I don't have as many as I usually have but I knwo that they are coming. I am usually getting buzzed once the summer is really under way. They don't care where I am they are going to fight each other even if I am standing right at the feeder. I have had a few close calls with a few of them.

melekalikimaka
05-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Hey girls, the phone rang @ 3 a.m., I rushed out to answer it but by the time I got there the caller hung up. I waited a few minutes by the phone but no one called back. I can't get back to sleep. I'm sure I'll be falling asleep once I get to my desk at work :). Anyway, happy hump day right?

Angie, I totally know how you feel. In fact, I was just thinking about it a few minutes ago while trying to go back to bed. I figure, all the negative self-talk isn't helping me get back on track, maybe thinking positive (I CAN get through 1 day OP) will do the trick. I need to get back on track now because my size 14's are tight. I'm embarrassed to even say that but it's the truth :o We CAN do this, let's take it one day at a time.

Kempy, I know this probably isn't the best thing to share, but I found it just a few minutes ago: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/arcade.php . Did you know this site had arcade games? It's kind of self-defeating though for me, I don't need another reason to sit on my butt in front of the computer! I should be out moving around. I watched AI and I agree, I think Diana was great. She looked like she was enjoying herself and it showed. I wonder if she'll make it to the top 2? I tried to vote last night but I couldn't even get in. Poor Jasmine, she sucked. Sounds like she's been straining her voice for the past few weeks. Well, if she gets booted tonight she'll come home and be a local celebrity. I think it's quite ridiculous that Jordan "fish on a slab" Segundo (who's that you ask? :lol:, yeah, exactly!) one of the Season 2 top 32 who got sent home right away is on the local news weekly critiquing (sp?) this season's performers. Even Camille got further than he did.

Anyway, I'm totally rambling, and I'm actually putting myself to sleep :yawn:. Guess it's back to bed for me. I'll be back later.

jbbm
05-12-2004, 12:46 PM
Good Morning Girls

Angie, Kempy, Noelle, I think we are all sisters. I have for the last several days been feeling down thats why I did not want to post yesterday. Its just not me, my stupid anxiety is starting to kick in and its getting on mine and hus nerves. On a funny note you know how they say when a group of women live together their periods start to come all around the same time. And now the three of us except?/Noelle all have it. Well anyway I have been trying to stay OP but I just feel bloated. I don't care if you are skinny, if you are bloated you feel fat.

Kempy I liked AI last night, I for sure liked it better than that big band theme. That was just not my thing. I thought Diana did great. I think her and LaToya will be the top two and hope that Fantasia goes tonight. I felt bad for Jas when she started to cry, she just knows she is not good as the others. Again I am going to annoy you :lol:, but I think Simon is a hottie!

Angie I am with ya, I am in my elastic comfy shorts today! Blah, I want my old jean shorts back.

Noelle don't you hate that when the phone rings in the middle of the night? It always get my heart racing and thinking something bad happened. I hope you can get to bed early tonight. Maybe eat a good breakfast and have and extra cup of coffee :).
Check in later. Julie

jbbm
05-12-2004, 01:37 PM
What is everyone making for dinner tonight? I am thinking about grilling since it is warm and no rain here today. Maybe hot dogs and hamburgers or bratwurst.

angieME
05-12-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi. I actually got started at work late today because a old friend of mine that I havent seen in about 6 years called and then came up for a visit. SHE LOOKS SO GOOD!!!! She has been working out alot and she looks awesome. I am so proud and envious of her.

I think the warm weather is getting to me because I hate to wear Tshirts in the summer. I want little tank tops and shorts but I dont fit into any. I hope I didnt bring anyone down with me. I dont mean to be a downer but I know you guys can all relate to how depressing it is. I am going to confess that I broke 2 peanut butter cookies today so I ate them but...I didnt get a sandwich with lunch so maybe I can even out today if I stay On track for the rest of the day. Maybe I wont laze out this afternoon and walk again or something.

Noelle, I hope you get your sleep. How did it turn out with your tooth yesterday? I am in my 14 shorts too and I dont like the way they are fitting right now either.

Julie, How is your thumb doing? The bloat is the worst isnt it? My boobs hurt so bad and I can feel belly everywhere right now. I am waiting to hear...When is your baby due from someone right off. I hate it when that happens.

Kempy, How is Echo doing? She must be close now huh? I looked at my legs today too and they are dimply and gross looking. I hate it. Little Gray saw her first hummingbird this morning and she was definately intrigued. :lol: I have their feeder right on the deck so we usually have them whiz by while we are sitting out there too. Can you believe how mean they are? :lol:

I gotta go back to work before Jay kills me. :lol:

angieME
05-12-2004, 03:37 PM
Julie, I am not sure what I am making for supper. I have some frozen lowfat chow mein in the freezer that I may make with extra veggies for me.

jbbm
05-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Angie please don't feel you brought me down. I have been having a couple days in a row. I just need to kick myself in the a$$ and think how many things I have to be thankful for and stop feeling sorry for myself. About my finger it is still very sore and draining (sorry tmi)! And now it is starting to swell and turning red at the point where my fingernail starts. I better put more of the antibiotic cream on it asap! I am glad you got to visit with an old friend today. But don't you hate that honestly when you think they look better than you :devil: :lol:! Just being honest right? Hahahahaha But I have seen your pictures Angie and you are beautiful. You really are. Don't feel bad about yourself and keep your chin up. And who cares if you had cookies instead of a sandwich. At least you didn't do both and have more cals. My Grandma was skinny as a rail her whole life and if she wanted ice cream or a piece of pie she would just have that and think nothing of it.

Kempy I was hoping to chat with ya today. Miss ya.

Noelle btw, how is your tooth? I hate going to the dentist too. Hope you are feeling okay girl. Check in later....Julie

melekalikimaka
05-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Hey girls, I'm at home right now and it's freakin' hot! We're expecting rain soon so there's no breeze and the humidity is unreal! It feels like New Orleans ;). My tooth turned out to be ok. X-ray showed all was well, I took more sinus meds and that seemed to help. I had to take an impression for a new nightguard so I don't clench or grind so much. Stress... it makes you do weird things at night :lol:

Hi Julie :wave: Are you gonna watch AI for me and let me in on who got booted off? Although I'm pretty sure it'll be Jasmine if we're judging by the actual singing...but ya never know the power of the Filipino/Hawaii vote.

Gotta run, I got a little boy waiting to play game of Dig-Dug with me :)

jbbm
05-12-2004, 09:05 PM
Noelle, I will let you know baby doll! Julie

melekalikimaka
05-12-2004, 10:27 PM
So was it LaToya or Fantasia? heehee

jbbm
05-12-2004, 11:04 PM
NOELLE! How did you know they were the bottom two? I am now thinking about not watching the show because LaToya got voted off :yikes:!!!! I am so pi$$ed! She was the best singer of the group! Can you believe it? What do you think? Julie

melekalikimaka
05-12-2004, 11:14 PM
It's a shocker alright! But what did I tell ya about the Pinoy/Pinay vote? Go Filipino Power!!! :lol: I swear to God I hope Diana wins it big. Although Fantasia's got a unique sound, she doesn't need to win the competition to get a record contract, just like LaToya. Although I'm sad to see LaToya go, although by far she had the best vocals and demeanor, I'm sure there are lots of people standing by to try and get her to sign with their label. She'll be fine I'm sure. This season feels like someone's just steering the competition for their own agenda...more obviously than the last 2 seasons. I'm gonna keep watching because well, I've got nothing better to do tonight, isn't that sad? :^:

angieME
05-13-2004, 11:10 AM
Good Morning. It is cold and rainy here today but it is supposed to be 80 and nice tomorrow. Go figure. :lol: The kittens wont even go outside today.

I didnt do as well as I had intended to diet wise yesterday. I seem to lose all control after one bite and dont know why.

Julie, yes as much as I hate to admit it, I do get jealous when others lose the weight and I am climbing. :lol: I know it is human nature though.I also know it is my fault only to blame. I just wished I could figure out why being thin isnt important enough for me to actually stay there.

Not much happening today except I have an order for 14 dozen donuts on top of the normal orders for today so I will be a little busier.

My front tree is in full bloom now. I forgot how much light the tree blocks from the streetlights. It makes getting to sleep a little easier. :lol:

I hope everyone has a great day and I will check back later.

melekalikimaka
05-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Hi ladies :wave: It's another hot humid day...temp says 84, but the weather report says "feels like" 89--I agree! I'm sweating so much and I'm not even moving! It's gross. Sorry :^:. Our refrigerator decided to kick the bucket. I had to deal with a mini-flood in the kitchen this morning. I need to get it fixed before the folks get back!!! Anyway just popping in to see how y'all are doing today. As for AI last night..this season for that matter, it just seems all too calculated and bogus. I'm starting to doubt that the votes even matter anymore. There's some puppetmaster pulling strings somewhere and it's just not right. Dunno if I'll be watching next season. I must finish watching the carnage til the end this time though...LaToya, you still da bomb in my book.

Angie, my sis and I go thru these cycles of bigger-smaller. When one of us starts losing, the other starts gaining. Right now, she's losing--so you can guess what I'm doing :mcd:. I've been wearing my stretchy exercise capris to work, they're the only things I'm comfortable in right now. A girl has to breathe right? I'm one of the envious too, but that doesn't stop me from reaching for the fries :sumo:... hey, I did a lot of running around yesterday and I tried the McD's veggie burger, soy burger I think. It has BBQ sauce on it and it tasted pretty decent. I had a side salad to round it out. That was the "healthiest" choice I've made in a long time, that's scary. Have you seen the new oven roasted chicken strips at KFC?

Well, I need to finish my payroll so I can get out of here. I'll check back with you chickies later. Take it easy.

calnative
05-14-2004, 12:52 AM
Hello Ladies,

What a week. Someone asked yesterday if we were stuck; it didn't seem that the week was moving at all.
I have to tell you about my Reading class. I was having so much fun with the students today; actually they were having fun and I was listening and watching. We are studying the life, times, writings, and language of Shakespeare. To help the kids understand the language a little better, I gave them a play that they have to learn and perform. It is "The Wizard of Oz" using Shakespeare's language. It's a hoot!!! The kids got their parts earlier this week and today they were acting it out to get a feel for it. They were great sports about it. They were really enjoying themselves. I told them I'm going to have to bring in a camera (video). It really made my day. Tomorrow we're going to watch "The Wizard of Oz" so they really understand what is going on and it will let them understand the language they are using a little better. They have 3 weeks of practice before they perform it for an 8th grade class. I'll keep you posted and if I can figure out my scanner maybe I can post some pics.
I have to go to the doctor on Monday. I've been having problems with my left foot. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I can hardly walk. I think it may be a bone spur. I hope not, but I will get it checked out.
Only 4 more weeks of school. :cb: :dance: I will be teaching summer school for 2-3 weeks. I could use the extra money.
It's funny, with my husband in Alaska, we seem to talk more now than when he was here. I hate to admit it, but I really miss him. :^: I'm looking forward to our trip up there to see him in July. It's going to be great.
Take care everyone.

Cal

jbbm
05-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Good Morning Girls

Its raining here, actually the last two days. I guess its okay. The grass needs to turn greener. Last night was busy and I was so proud of myself I was just going to put an extra large frozen pizza in the oven, but we had chicken with a salad. But here comes the weekend and I am thinking about baking some brownies. I have not had one in so long and the kids love them anyway. You guys I have been just fighting with my mom like crazy. As you all know I hate to admit this but I have problems with depression and anxiety sometimes....she basically said don't call me unless you have something good to say. I mean would never say that to one of my kids. End of rant even though I could go on.

Cal I am glad you are enjoying your reading class. And great job on holding the fort down while your husband is gone. You are strong. I don't know if I could handle the household w/o my hubby. I could but it would be hard. Hope your foot feels better.

Angie whats up girl? How is your weather suppose to be for the weekend? I hope warm and sunny for you. Its going to be cool here but sunny. So that is just fine with me. Don't you just love it when the trees bloom? My rhododrons (sp?) are blooming and beautiful. And some of my tulips are blooming. Much better than looking at all that snow.

Noelle so that veggie burger is not to bad? Maybe if I take the kids to the playland I will have to order one. My hus is totally against veggie burgers, but I am willing to try them. My favorite thing from McD's is the fries. I could probally eat two large ones and a big mac! It is just so expensive to eat out. That is why I probally do not go that much. But I know I would pay for it with a bad stomach ache. I with you about AI. It was great to see Clay but I wish he would have sang a different song. I still think he is the greatest singer they ever had on the show. He was looking pretty good. I didn't realize he was that tall. Bulk him up with some muscle and I think he would be just a knockout. I liked how his hair was a little longer in the back. Well enough talk about Clay :o :^:.

Hello to everyone. Bye for now....Julie

jbbm
05-14-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi to you Kempy!

angieME
05-14-2004, 04:10 PM
Hello all. Well, I am emberassed to say that I have blown yet another week dietwise and here comes the weekend so I know I wont be getting my act together for a few days. If only I could get through 2 weeks straight being strict and then I would start to get that feeling of pride and acomplishment back to keep me going.

Julie, It was supposed to be cloudy and cold here today but it turned out warm and sunny. :lol: Tomorrow is supposed to be in the 80's and very humid they said. That is okay with me because it is my day off. I think the cats scratched the liner of the pool because it is losing water again this year. So now we get to patch it again.

I am sorry that you and your mom arent getting along yet. {{{{HUGS}}}}} Feel free to vent.

Cal, I am with Julie, you are a very strong woman to be without your hubby for the summer. Me and Jay havent been apart at all since we were 16. He moved into our house when we were 16 so we havent been apart fopr a while. :lol: I wished I was more independant but I am not.

I gotta get back to work but I wanted to say hi. It is actually picking up here again. My accounts are up about $250.00 from 2 weeks ago. YEAH!!!!

chikitababe
05-15-2004, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone! Sorry I have been away so long! I have been doing so poorly diet wise, and have not been exercising nearly as much. I dare not step on the scale. It's my TOM as well, so, maybe I can get a fresh start in a few days? I am so discouraged right now :(. I desperately want to go back to college to get a degree in teaching. I have an associates degree, which I thought would put me in junior year standing towards the teaching degree. However, I spoke with the 4 year college, and they said because my associates was business related, it will take me 3 1/- 4 years to get my bachelors in teaching, and another year at least to get my master's. If I wanted to get a bachelors in business, they said I could do it in 2 years. But, my goal is to teach so I can be home with our 3 kids during breaks, summers, holidays, etc. I just don't know right now.

I hope to start answering indiviual responses soon! I have been soooo busy. We had 2 people leave at work, so it's been crazy there, I still have my daycare after school until 5:30 pm, and I sell Mary Kay Cosmetics. OH, and I have 3 lovely children and a husband.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.

Holly :)

calnative
05-16-2004, 02:34 AM
Happy Weekend Everyone,

Holly: I was reading your post about wanting to become a teacher. That is my career. I teach middle school. I notice you live in New York. Do New York universities offer a degree in education? I know some states do not offer education degrees, like California. The 3-4 year timeline is about right. Do check if they offer internships in place of student teaching. Interships allow you to do your student teaching while working as a regular, contracted teacher. It also depends on if you are able to go full-time or part-time. It can be quite challenging when you have kids. I did it with Ashley. I know you can do it. If I can do anything to help, just ask.

Angie: I'm glad it's warming up for you. It's almost too warm here. Only 4 more weeks of school. I can hardly wait.

Enjoy your weekend, girls.

Cal

angieME
05-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Happy weekend everyone. It was so nice outside yesterday. Really muggy but nice still. We wanted to stain the deck today but it was raining when we woke up so hopefully tomorrow. I still have to have mulch delivered so I can do the flower boxes and make them look all fresh.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

GEMonster
05-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Just returned from my work trip on Thursday - which was great but had alot of catching up to do. So sorry I missed you guys this week!

I talked to a personal trainer on my trip who said if I am looking to lose weight (which I am...duh) he said 270 minutes of cardio a week plus a balanced diet. Sounds like alot :^: but the bright side is that I was never given a target before for exercise I just knew I had to. So I made a chart so I can keep myself accountable. An exercise journal and I printed it out so it shows the 7 days of the week on top and boxes below to write in what I have done and I total at the end of the week. I may give myself a reward for every month I do this. If you all want me to e-mail you this let me know! :lol: kind of weird to be happy about it - I just have a target to reach for - I work better that way...

Holly I admire you for going after your dreams. The timeline can be disouraging but look at the end result - you'll be ateacher! If you are thinking High School - could you be a high school business teacher? That way some of your credits from your Associates can be used more... just a thought ;)

Cal you are a strong woman! I hope your interview turns out the way you want!

Angie good luck with the staining and planting. I hope your weather gets better and better!

Julie please vent! better than keeping inside and causing added stress. How is that finger of yours?

Noelle I hope work is going well. My fridge is on its last legs so I am afraid that I will be in your position soon enough! :dizzy:

Hi to kempy and all others that I may have missed

Quote:
"And in the end, The Love you take is equal to the love you make" - THe Beatles

That includes yourself ladies!

be well.
;) GEM/Summer ;)

chikitababe
05-17-2004, 07:00 AM
Hi everyone! Ok, we're back to Monday again. I "sometimes" try to use Monday as the fresh start day. Anyone want to join me? I want to start over, again, for the 1 millionith time. I think I need to keep a food,water and exercise journal, that's the only way I can keep myself accountable.

Cal,

Hey! In New York State, you can begin teaching with a bachelor's, but, have to earn a master's within 3 years. SUNY Cortland, which is about 45 minutes from me, offers both bachelors and masters in education. I am thinking Childhood Education, grades 1-6. I know it will be alot of work, but, I restarted college after a semester off, at 20 when I was 6 months pregnant with my oldest. I took three classes that semester, had my son on spring break, came back the next week, took 2 classes in the summer, went full time the next fall, following spring, and earned my associates when he was 1. It is hard work, but, what I really want to do. Thank you for your support.

Summer,

Hi! I don't think I could handle 20-30 high school students, lol. I am thinking 2nd or 3rd grade is about right for me. They are still sweet at that age.

I have a hard time combining diet and exercise. I can stay on track pretty well with the exercise, but, dieting is sooooo hard for me!! I LOVE chocolate, peanutbutter, cheese, potatoes, all the bad stuff.

I hope the exercise charting works out well for you!

Hi to Angie, Kempy, Julie, Noelle, anyone else I missed!

Holly

angieME
05-17-2004, 10:06 AM
Mornin Girls!!! It is sunny and nice out today so that means we get to finish staining the deck.YEAH!!!

Yep,today is gonna be my start over day too. I figure one of these days it will stick so I might as well keep trying.

Well, here goes my rant for the day... My father in law wont help us get the house. The bank said the easiest way to do it would be to pay for it and then refinance it for it's value. So we wanted him to help us pay it off and then we would go directly to the bank and refinance it and pay him back plus $2000.00 for doing it. Guess what the a$$hole wont help us!!!! I hate that man!!! He gave the pothead brother $18,000(the money went towards not one but ****2**** auction houses and a Blazer!!!) so far that they will NEVER see but he wont help us out at all and we are the only ones who still live near them and they make money off us every week!!!!! They are paying for my pothead neice' college and her new car but you can bet your a$$ they wouldnt do any of that for my kids!! They have always treated Jay like **** and it just keeps coming. By the way they are loaded so it doesnt mean I would be breaking them buy using the money for a few weeks. That is the end of my rant for today.

How was everyones weekend?

angieME
05-17-2004, 02:53 PM
C'mon Girls It Is Monday!!!!! Where Is Everyone????????

Kempyd
05-17-2004, 03:33 PM
Ok, I am here. I had to get mytself together from the weekend. I swear Joe and I are so busy now a days I don't know if we are coming or going. I think we may actually be slowing down a little now. I doubt it though. I am sure that something will come up and we will have to strat the caziness all over again.

Noelle I can't beleive that there are games on the site. I love the pinguin ones. Glad the see that your teeth are ok.

Angie what a turd! I ate when parents play favorites. We kind of get that sometimes from Joe's step mom. I don't think Echo is prego. :sad: She just isn't showing and she is due this week. I guess we will have to try again next time. I am sure the neighbors dog wont mind. :lol:

I don't have much time today b/c I am trying to clean up the mess they left for me here. They try to do things but it just makes more work for me.

I will check back in a few.

melekalikimaka
05-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Good morning ladies. My folks got back from their vacation yesterday so everything should be back to "normal" here...I'm gonna miss my free afternoons!

Holly, I am using this Monday as my start-over Monday too. I just got back from the grocery store where I stocked up on skim milk, fruits and low-fat snacks for the office so I should be set. Haven't had breakfast yet but will in a few minutes. Heck, I've been having a hard time getting motivated to do anything, much less think about dieting and exercise. But I can't afford a new wardrobe so I have to re-lose the weight, AGAIN.

Angie, that sure sucks about your FIL not helping you guys out. Does Jay have any other brothers or sisters or is it just him and the pothead? I had cousins that would use my grandmother like that, and we were the ones that lived with her and helped her out. They only came around when they wanted something, mostly money, other than that they wouldn't even drop in just to say hi. I don't get it.

Kempy, shucks, no puppies? That would've been so sweet. Maybe next time?

Summer, charts and keeping records helps me alot too, especially if I do them (imagine that! :D ). I've found that a food journal doesn't help me stay motivated too much, as much as a weight-loss chart does. But we all have to find what works for us. Good luck! We can all do this :cb:

Julie, how was your weekend, do anything fun? If it makes you feel any better, we had lots of rain this weekend...didn't keep me away from the mall though. As much as I'd like to boycott the show, I can't keep myself from watching AI (kind of like witnessing a car wreck maybe?) :lol:

Hey Cal, glad to see you posting on the weekends. I'm sure that's when you're pretty free. Gosh 4 weeks left of school than summer vacation...wow, this year's just blazing by! My son's graduating from preschool next Friday, then in just a month and a half, starting kindergarten :(...why does time fly by so quickly? :lol:

Well ladies, I guess I should get some work done and eat some breakfast. Gotta start the day off on the right foot. Have a good one.

jbbm
05-17-2004, 07:14 PM
Hi Girls

Better late than never not getting here right. Just going to warm up leftover lasanga from last night. I can't wait, I am starving. The weather was weird today....it thundered but it did not rain.?.. Last weekend took a long walk, laid out in the sun an played with the kids. Not to exciting.

Noelle I think I will watch AI tonight too. I know we were going to give it up but it is something to watch :lol:. And I have to keep watching for my main reason to see if Paula and Simon become a couple. I loved it last year with the kiss! I wonder what they will do for the finale this year. It should be coming up pretty soon.

Angie in-law problems, yuck....I have been there. Rant and vent all you want. Whats for dinner tonight?

Cal I bet the last four weeks take the longest to go by. Hang in there and think about that July trip!

Summer glad to see you posted. I love the quotes you leave at the end of your messages. They make me smile.

Hi Holly, your life sounds crazy right now. On top of that three kids and a hubby :lol:. Good for you for following your dreams.

Well gotta go suppers on. Check in later and come like Angie said lets get posting! Julie

jbbm
05-17-2004, 07:17 PM
Summer btw you asked about the finger. It is still so sore. But I don't think I am going to lose it though. I will have to cover up the ugly bruising underneath it will nail polish. If I go out, I hardly even paint my fingernails. Julie

jbbm
05-18-2004, 12:14 AM
Well just checking in before bed to see if anyone was back. Ate way too much tonight. Lasanga gets me everytime! I hope to chat with you all more tomorrow. Goodnight....Julie

Kempyd
05-18-2004, 11:18 AM
Hey guys and happy Tuesday morning to ya. It isn't raining here today and that is a BIG plus. I don't think the ground can hold any more. I think as it is it will be weeks b4 it is really dry.

Julie you were on late last night. I didn't get a chance to get back on yesterday either. I had to run home from work and my brother came over to visit. What was the AI special about last night. Is tonight the end or is that next week?

I watched that movie Uptown Girls last night and I am thankful that Joe wasn't home with me to watch it. I had a break down at the end of it. Have any of you seen it? I never realized how much dad issues I still have hanging on. I must have cried for 15 mins straight. I am talking the hard crying too. I guess I need to get back to my letter writing to him to help me get through all of this junk that is left. I had a lady tell me that I needed to write a letter to him like he is still here and tell him all of the things that I feel and how I am upset with him dying. Once i am done I am supposed to go outside and burn it. I am still sitting on the letter. I have no idea why either.

Do any of you have anything good planned for today? I don't have much to do so I will be on the site today.

angieME
05-18-2004, 12:35 PM
Mornin. I exercised already and we are mulching the flower beds today. I have to pull all of the old layers of mulch off the front boxes. That should be fun since it is 5 years of layers and it is the whole length of the house. fun fun.

Well, I need to take a quick shower and do some baking but I will be back later. I just wanted to make sure that I checked in.

jbbm
05-18-2004, 01:37 PM
Good morning Girls

Angie you GO GIRL, sounds like you got your excercising in for the day. I bet you will be sore tonight, or maybe not you have been working hard lately. I know its early but what is everyone having for dinner?

Kempy I wish I could give you a great big hug. No, I have never seen that movie. I can't say I know how you feel because your dad died but my prayers are with you. I like the letter idea. Maybe it will help you. I never heard of that. It is so hard to overcome our past. I have been thinking about picking a therapist to talk to. It helps to get it out and talk about it. I know this is a totally different situation than yours but my dad is an acoholic and was never there for me when I was a kid. Up until last December I had not talked to him in three years. I realized I had to forgive him to move on. He has a disease. He is not drinking now. But when I finally realized it was not his fault, my fault, or anyone else's it was easier to forgive him. I will never forget the things he did but it help to say I forgive. It was really like a rock lifted off my shoulders. I hope I did not hurt your feelings by talking about this, but it does help to talk and not hold it in. Pm me if you want. Hugs and I believe you are strong enough to get through this.

I caught some of the AI special last night, they interviewed the judges and the three left. I really probally only saw fifteen minutes of it.

Noelle did it cool down by you yet? My hus and I were talking we might send my son to pre-school next year if I can find a five year old one. We might wait until he is six to send him. Oh all the stuff and decisions to make. Just wait until our boys get older :lol:! Is work slowing down for you? Has the strange guy given you any more problems on your walks?

Hi everyone else. Gotta go but will check back after I get these two to stop their fighting. One minute they love each other and the next they are fighting :lol:! Sounds like hus and I!!!! Julie

jbbm
05-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Good Afternoon,

Noelle I called our church to see if they offer pre-school and they don't, and half day kindergaten is way over $1000.00. I was thinking I would put him in that for half days and then go to school next year?.? I am so bad at making a decision :dizzy:. I just need to work on that and kick myself in the butt and get more assertive with myself! I will talk to hus about it when he gets home.

Where is everyone lately? I need you guys, I probally just ate the equivilant of three or four bowls of cereal. What in the world is wrong with me. I just could not stop eating. I think it is stress eating, I know it is actually. I felt sick from eating that much. I don't even know if I am going to have supper. Well I probally will :lol:. I better be good because I ordered my swimsuit and tried it on and it fit but I am going to ruin it with all this eating. Well just checking in.
Julie

angieME
05-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Hi guys.

Noelle, Do you ever see any hula cake toppings over there? My neice wants a kitten or a hamster in a hula skirt on her birthday cake but my sister cant find anything like that. The kid is weird. haha :lol:

Kempy, I cant imagine all that you have to deal with with losing your dad at such a young age but I want you to know that I am here for you too if you ever need anyone to talk to about it. {{{{Kempy}}}}} That is too bad that Echo isnt preggo. I was getting excited to hear about how many she had and to see pics.

Julie, I am having fat free hotdogs and baked fries for supper. Hopefully I can be good the rest of the day. I almost ate a honeybun at work but I threw it on the rack before I could glaze it and eat it. Then I just ate a big fat carrot. I definately relate to wanting to eat and eat. The kids are going to my Mom's for the weekend so I will be having a very hard time being good. Especially since we bought lobsters last weekend and made lobster rolls and ate the tails in butter. YUM!!! I have been craving it so bad ever since.

jbbm
05-18-2004, 08:56 PM
Angie you are making my mouth water! I love lobster, crab, shrimp etc. dipped in butter. I get it once a year on New years. I guess that is a great thing about living where you live, all that fresh seafood. You and Jay are going to be alone for the weekend! I bet it is a much needed break for you. Do you guys have any plans? Hubby and wifey time? Hahahaha.
Tonight for supper we had bratwurst patties, fries and cooked carrots. You and I always seem to have fries on the same night :lol:. I tried not to pig out too much tonight.

I just got off the phone with my brother's new wife. She is such a sweetheart. She is the type to let it all out there. Not stuck up, just plain nice. I wish my hus sister was nicer to me. blah, blah, blah, I always say she looks nice or compliment her but she never has anything nice to say to me at all. She hardly even talks to me. I don't know what I even did to Pi$$ her off. Oh well I am not going to let that get on my nerves. I am wound up tight enough today. Hus took the kids to the park tonight so that is why I am here right now. Ahhhh, much needed break. I love'em but I like it quiet sometimes too. I think I am going to go tune into AI now. Luv ya girls. Don't be shy come out come all and post. Okay I better go I am getting to weird now :lol:. Julie

chikitababe
05-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi Chickies! Well, yesterday was a bust, but, today was better. The only junk per se that I ate was 1/2 cup of frozen sherbert. So, 1 day down. I feel so embarassed that 1 day is so hard for me, but, really, it is!

Kempy,

I understand dad issues. My dad died when I was only 13. He lost his sight in front of me, went into a coma, and passed away shortly thereafter. I know I still have alot of unresolved issues, and they probably contribute to my overeating. ((Kempy)) If you ever need to talk to someone who has been there, I am here.

Angie,

Mmmm, seafood. I don't care much for lobster, but, crab legs, yummy!! I LOVE to go to Red Lobster and order 1 lb. crab legs, their yummy caesar salad, and delictable biscuits! Oooohh, my mouth is watering, lol.

Noelle,

How have ya been? My start off Monday was a bust, but, I made it through Tuesday.

Hello to everyone! Hope you're having a great night.

Holly

Kempyd
05-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Holly I was 13 too. It was right b4 Father's day when he died and I was going to have my birthday on July 1st so I sometimes get mad about that. Not that him dying would have been good at anytime in my life but I hate that I had to miss out on so many things with him. I would get jealous of my friends and their dad's. I still do sometimes. Thanks everybody for being so supportive. I know that is why I have you guys.

So, Julie what did you think about AI last night. I slept through all of their songs except the last one they sang. I still think it will be Jas going home tonight. I could be wrong though. I tried to vote for Diana last night at 10 and the show had been over for 2 hours by then and I still could not get through. Our local news had George Huff on and he was beign so funny. It is pretty cool that he is from here. I hope he ends up with a record deal too. I really liked him.

Angie would your bank give you a loan so that you could buy the house and then once that was paid for you could refinance it? I hate that you are having to deal with big butt heads with this. If I had the money I would let you use it. :)

Noelle we are having the rains like you got a few weeks ago. I knew it wuld be hitting us soon. It is usually like this this time of year.

I need to run I am running a virus search. I think our work computers have someone srewing with them.

angieME
05-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Well, Holly I was the opposite of you. My first day was pretty good but yesterday was a definate bust. :lol: Why cant I leave the damn cookies alone? I am so sick of making them because I always eat some. I ate 3 for breakfast :yikes:

Julie, I think we have the same taste in food. Just think of the damage we could do if we lived near each other. :lol: :rofl:

Kempy, How ya doin today? Is Joe home now?

Cal, How are you doing this week?My kids are getting excited for school to end now. They are ready to live in the pool.

Noelle, Where are ya? Have things slowed down at the shop yet?

angieME
05-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Kempy, Mine is screwed up too. My Norton Antivirus isnt working like it should be and I have to uninstall it and then reinstall it the sight said. I dont want to do it it takes forever. :lol:

The bank that we deal with has a minimum of 20000.00 for a mortgage loan so they cant do anything because the minimum bid is so much plus nothing is guaranteed since it is an auction. Maybe when my house sells there will be something cheap available somewhere.

jbbm
05-19-2004, 01:26 PM
Good Morning Girls

Actually late morning? How is everyone today? I have a little bit of an upset tummy today. So I might fast and drink water. But other than that the sun is shining and beautiful. Kinda cool out, but we are suppose to get some storms tonight into tomorrow that are suppose to be strong. Hus has been saying I have been talking all night in my sleep. I wish he could understand me and find out what I am saying :lol:.

Oh Angie don't you just wish you could win the lottery? It would't solve every problem, but alot of them. I would hire a personal trainer and a chef. And a huge house. Money, ugh! I have to dish out a wedding and graduation gift of money to my brother. But he deserves it, he is a great guy. I miss him, I wish he lived closer.

Kempy I wanted to vote last night for Diana too. But I never got the chance. I also think Jas is going to go tonight. I thought Diana was fantastic last night. I hope she wins. I just love her bubbly and smiley face. We will have to tune into tonight. I would also like to catch some of the Bachelor. I am a tv person :lol:. I was so mad on Monday when they cancelled the rest of the Restaurant shows, the one with the beautiful Rocco Dispirto. I guess rating were not high enough? I would love to go to his restaurants if I ever go to New York again.

Hi Noelle, Holly, Jacks(where are ya?), Summer, Cal and everyone else. Check in later. Julie

melekalikimaka
05-19-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey girls, you're all probably asleep by now...I've been surfing the net trying to confirm who the heck got booted off AI last night. I found that Jas is finally out of there. I liked her in the beginning (I guess it was that Hawaii spirit?), but if we were actually going based on singing ability and talent? I wanted LaToya to win and I had a thing for George... anyway, I'm glad that Diana's in there because even though she has a Kelly Clarkson style of shouting, I think she's a better singer than Jas is at this point in time.

Angie, I may be able to locate a little Hello Kitty wearing a hula skirt figurine, but how soon do you need it? The only other thing I can think of is you get a Lilo (Disney) cake topper (although she's not a cat I know :rolleyes: ) she does shake her hips... I'll let you know if I see anything here.

Julie, how's the tummy doing?

Holly and Kempy, :grouphug: I feel for both of you to experience such a loss at such a young age. Talk it out here if you feel like it, we're all here to listen and lend you a shoulder to cry on.

My 1st day trying to get back on track was a bust...and it sucked too because I did really good right on up til the evening! Yesterday was worse than the day before, and well today...I still consider myself on track--one more meal of the day to go :crossed:

Gosh, it's getting late here I gotta get cracking so I can go home. Hello to everyone else, hang loose!

calnative
05-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Good Evening Everyone,

Normally I don't get online much during the week, but I had a little time tonight.
Ashley lost her first tooth Monday night. Last night she was so excited because the Tooth Fairy would be coming. This morning she was just as excited when she found money under her pillow. She has 3 other teeth that are loose, so the Tooth Fairy will be staying around awhile. :D

Angie: I am sooooo ready for school to be out. 3 weeks from tomorrow, June 10, is our last day. The kids are doing ok for now. I was out the last two days and the sub told me that the kids were great; no problems. I knew they wouldn't be problems because they don't want to face me when I go back. :lol: I really do have a great bunch of kids. I won't be back at that school next year, though. I've signed a contract with another district that is closer to home. I'll still have 7th grade Language Arts, but I actually get to help set up the curriculum; I'm excited about that.

My foot is better because the doctor gave me something for it. I could actually walk without much limping today. It's still sore, but at least it's bearable.

Weather is hot, hot, hot!! I'm not looking forward to summer. (Except the trip to Alaska in July) ;)

Have a great evening everyone.

Cal

angieME
05-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Morning girls. Something is definately wrong with my computer. I turned it on this morning and it goes to a default homepage and wont let me do anything. Then this spywear remover add pops up to remove spywear. What the heck is with that? I am trying to get my Norton Antivirus to work again because it wont work right. I dont know what is going on. I know how to turn the computer on and go to 3FC but that is about it. I definately dont know any of the technical stuff. I hope I can get it fixed. I would hate to have something go wrong with my puter and lose contact with you guys.

It is another nice day outside. Although the rain is supposed to come tonight. We are mulching the side bank now. The next house we buy had better have a flat yard because I am sick of hills and slopes. :lol:

Poor Brit was one place away from going to the track finals. I am so proud of her because there were 52 kids on the track team and she came in 4th place in her event.She did a great job.

Corey finally has himself a girlfriend. He is so happy. He has been rummaging the girls things looking for trinkets to give her. It is so cute.

Alicia is just Alicia. :lol:

Cal, Did you get the job with Ashleys school or is it another school closer to home?Either way CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you to be closer to Ashley. That will be nice for you both.

Noelle, I have been living the same week as you. It is like the harder I try to diet the more I eat. What the heck? I never thought of the hello kitty toppers. I will have her look for one of those. Her party is on June 12th and then we have the big party for My Moms 50th,my dads 51st,the twins 11th, my 32nd and Jays 32nd on June 26th.

Well, I am going to see if I can fix my computer so I will try to check back later.

melekalikimaka
05-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Angie...I found a 4" Hello Kitty bobble-head figurine wearing a hula skirt--is that too big for a cake topper? It's even got a tan! Let me know if you want it, I'll go out and pick it up for ya. Is Auntie Angie baking the cake? :hun: Congrats to Brit, she did great. Yikes, a girlfriend for Corey already? I remember puppy love :love:

Cal, what a milestone for Ashley :). How much money does the tooth fairy bring nowadays? Will I be divulging my age if I say I used to get dimes and sometimes quarters? :lol: Congrats on the new job and take care of your foot!

How's everyone else doing today? It's yucky and muggy and hot and rainy all at the same time here...I think it's because Jasmine got voted off AI, hehe. I wish it would just pour really hard to cool things off. I'm finally planning a trip to Disneyland this October. My mom and niece will come along with us so it should be fun, the more the merrier. I've got to get some work done so I'll check back w/y'all later.

jbbm
05-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Good Afternoon All!

Angie the dating scene all ready? Boy you have your hands full now! I wonder if the figure that Noelle found would be on their website? I have been on the hello kitty website before, so I know that they actually do have a website.

Noelle it is muggy and warm here, too! Can you believe it? But we have a storm front coming through and the high tomorrow is only 59 degrees. Thanks for asking. My tummy is feeling better. I just let my nerves get to me sometimes and I really think it affects my stomach. How exciting about your trip you have planned. I bet it will be a blast. Stupid question, but are you going to the one closer to you in California or the one in Florida. I always get the "world" and the "land" mixed up :dizzy:. I hope it downpours by you to cool your area off. Last night I felt bad for Jas, but I cannot believe the support and love for her there that they showed on AI. That was great.

Hi Kempy, hope you are having a good day at school. Seems like you just started and now its almost done! Time flys thats for sure.

Cal I will soon have the tooth fairy to deal with too. And what are the going rates these days? I think I got a quarter, maybe a dollar at the most. Hope the foot feels better.

I don't know what I am having for supper yet. Maybe grill something cause the rain is coming tomorrow. I just had a can of prune juice for a snack. Yuck, hahahaha :lol:. What is everyone else making? Well hello to everyone I missed. If anyone watched the Bachelor last night could you believe the ending? Reality tv, huh? I think he was a hunk but I wonder how smart he is. You can't get to know a person through the T.V. I guess. Julie

jbbm
05-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Btw Angie I wish I could help you with the computer probs. My hus is a total whiz at the computer. Maybe I will ask him for ya. Last night I was trying to attatch a picture to a card I was making for my brother and he was standing behind me and saying "push this, do this, your doing it wrong!" I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop. And it was making him even more mad :lol:!
Finally I turned around and said "Who in the **** do you think I am Bill Gates!"
I don't know how to do much on this thing either. Talk to ya later. Julie

GEMonster
05-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies

Congrats to Cal on the new job! :bravo: and closer to home that is great! Alaska in July? So want to go...my wanderlust rears its head every now again. More often than not actually - I miss being overseas and I moved every two years...My husband laughs at me because when I start getting restless he just says "Well It's been about 2 years at this job/place/neighborhood..." you get the point.

Angie your computer is acting up? Norton screwed up my computer and I now use McAffee. If that is any help at all. Congrats to Brit! I admire runners - not my thing - my mom laughed and said the only way I would run is if it was after a ball or if I was in trouble ;)
Hey have you thought of a personal loan from a bank since the amount is smaller than the minimum required? Just a thought.

I am having some friends over tonight to grill out and do it potluck style. So who knows what I'll be eating tonight. Sometimes that is the fun of it all!

Work is crazy. :dizzy: At least it keeps me from being bored that seems to be the time I look for eats!

Hello to Kempy, Holly and Noelle!

Quote of the day:
The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true. James Branch Cabell (1879 - 1958),

All about perspective, yes?

be well.

:spin: GEM/Summer :spin:

jbbm
05-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Angie hus said try downloading adaware from lavasoft.com, try and or spybot to remove the spyware on your computer. Change your homepage back, go to internet explorer under tools on the top tool bar, put the homepage address back to what you want it to be. This sounds like I am typing a different language :dizzy:! Maybe Jay can help you with it. Julie. I hope it works out for you. Have a great night....check in later,

angieME
05-21-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks Julie, I will try that when I get a free minute. Today has been hectic. :lol: The kids are gone to my moms for the weekend. :devil: :cheer:

Guess what??!! My MIL must have worked some magic on my FIL because yesterday they came out while Jay was unloading donuts and told Jay they would let him use some money to bid on the house. I guess she was talking to some people who have been in it or something so she went to look at it and liked it. Jay went down last night to look around again and the basement does have another bedroom and a huge bathroom and rooms partitioned and wired for 2 more rooms plus on the main floor there are 2 bedrooms and the half upstairs has 2 more bedrooms. If I win the bid I could put my bakery in the finished part of the basement since it has high ceilings and sheetrock and water,etc. So when my house sells I could pay that house off totally and not even have a mortgage. That would be like winning the lottery to me. :lol: Now to see how many people are there bidding. I figure the odds of winning the bidding are slim but at least there is a glimmer of hope still.

Well, I gotta get ready to go grocery shooping so me and Jay can actually do something tomorrow.

jbbm
05-21-2004, 06:09 PM
Angie that is great news! I am so excited for you. What are you and Jay going to do this weekend? Any road trips or are you staying home? So far I have nothing planned this weekend. I have been online looking for last minute flights to get to California for my brother's graduation, but no luck. I am not going to pay $600.00! What ever happend to the last minute deals they say on the ads?

Noelle what do you have going on this weekend? Everybody else? Well if I don't get back have a great weekend, I hope to though. Julie

calnative
05-21-2004, 11:43 PM
Angie: I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. That would be great if you could get that house.

Noelle: Disneyland, huh? That's only a 5 hour drive for me. Let me know when you'll be there and maybe we can meet. That would great. :)

I didn't take the job at Ashley's school. I opted for one in another district. I can stay in 7th grade and even be part of developing the 7th grade curriculum. I'm really looking forward to it. The school is a K-8 elementary so I am thinking about moving Ashley to that school and then she can still be in the same school with me. Arizona has open enrollment which means that as long as there is room in the school and the student can get to school parents can put their child in any school in the valley. After checking school report cards, I was pleased to learn that the school I'm going to actually has better scores in all grades than Ashley's school has. Daddy and I are still debating about moving her, but I do think it would be for the best; at least for the primary grades.

Only 3 weeks left: 13 days. :cb: :dancer:

Kempy: How is school going for you? How about the remodeling? Have a great weekend.

Cal

jbbm
05-22-2004, 12:21 AM
Hi Cal,

Just checking in before bed. Next week we are going to take our little guy (he turns five in the beginning of June) to a kindergarten class for the morning to see how acts and get a second opionion. The one teacher said she would hold him back and get him into preschool next year, she said that on orientation day. We'll see. I was thinking of enrolling him in half day kindergarten and calling it "preschool" at our church. It would cost me alot of money but I just want to do the right thing. And then when he is six send him to all day kindergarten at the public schools. What do you think? Cal, do I sound totally overboard and crazy worrying so much? I hope I am not bothering you with all these school questions. But I find myself a nervous wreck and just feel so confused and do not know what to do. Thanks in advance for all your advice. I really, really appreciate it Cal. Thank you so much. Julie
Btw congrats on the new job. And that would be so neat if you could meet Noelle. I would love to all meet someday. It would be a big party and so much fun. Tons of girl talk and a well needed girly sleepover! Talking about husbands :lol:!

COME ON GIRLS lets keep this board hopping through the weekend. I need you guys, plus it is going to rain non-stop all weekend. Please, anyone Noelle, Kempy, Angie, Holly, Cal, Summer stop in this weekend and chat. I miss everyone soooo much and I want us all to get motivated and to do that we need to stay in contact as much as possible. Luv ya girls, Julie

angieME
05-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Hey everyone. I am going to Bangor for the day to scope out where the auction is going to take place(so we arent late. :wink: ).

Cal, That is great that you got a teaching job at a good school. I bet Ashley would love to see her mom whenever she wanted to in school. I agree that would be nice if you and Noelle could meet up. I want to all get together someday. Maybe we should all plan a mini vaca just for us. :lol:

Julie, One good thing about your sons starting Kindergarten a year later would be that he is the oldest and the other kids would kinda look up to him. You know how much difference a few months makes when you are young. :lol:

Well, I will check back later. Love Ya

jbbm
05-22-2004, 01:55 PM
Good Saturday Girls

I hope the weather where you guys are is better than mine. There is massive flooding in the southern part of the state. It rained all night here but let up to sprinkles this morning. The ground is actually like a sponge. It is suppose to storm on and off and rain all weekend. But I am thinking it will be good for strawberry picking. I am just freezing, that damp cold to the bone kind of cold. Yucky. Hus made his famous omlettles this morning with cheese, tomato, and bacon in them with fried potatoes and toast. I am full now. I just love the smell of cooked bacon in the house! Must be bringing me back to my childhood. I am going to try and keep portion control in CONTROL today even though it is the weekend.

Angie have fun with the hubby today and the rest of weekend. Thats okay I understand if you can not post this weekend. Its rare when the kids are gone, huh, lol!

Hi everyone, gonna do some major cleaning today. I look at it this way I am burning calories and I always feel so good with a clean house. Smiles, Julie

melekalikimaka
05-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Happy Saturday girls :wave:. I just bought tickets for the AI Live concert. They're coming to HI in September for 2 days, I'm such a geeky fan of the show I had to go and see it :^: . Besides, my son loves to sing and he knows a few of the "idols" just by their voices (i.e. George Huff and Fantasia) . It's really funny because last season he really liked Clay and now he sings Invisible ALL the time. I have the CD in the car and he can sing along for the first 3 songs, it's pretty hilarious. I was trying to steer him toward some Beatles classics but all he said was "can't you play some faster songs mom?". Anyway, I'm all alone this morning, hubby's working 1/2 day and the boy went w/my sis to see Shrek 2. Hmmm, what to do with all this idle time? :devil: Maybe i'll just go back to bed :yes:

Angie, that is so great about the in-laws help, I'll be crossing my fingers for you too. Have a good day w/out the kids ;)

Julie, you're making me feel chilly with all the rain you're having. It's another humid day here, over 80 already and not much of a breeze... you know, don't feel bad about worrying about your son. I know exactly how you feel. He may benefit from 1/2 day kindergarten at first, and I bet he'll adapt to the full day without a hitch. Sometimes it's harder for the parents, I know ;) Whatever you decide, don't ever worry about coming here and talking about it, we're all here to listen and hopefully offer some helpful(?) advice.

Cal, we're looking to go the first week of October, during my son's intersession break. My #1 sis is a travel agent and I'm waiting for her to give me confirmation that the reservations are made. When I get the dates confirmed I'll let you know...it would be fun to meet up and I'm sure Ashley would love to go to Disney. You know in our state, the school districts are so crowded that you're basicallyl stuck in the zone you live in, and most of the public schools are waaaaaay overcrowded.

Anyhow, hello to Kempy, Summer, Holly and anyone else happening by.....have a great weekend girls. Check ya later.

calnative
05-22-2004, 06:17 PM
Julie: Glad I can be of any help. Never hesitate to ask; if I don't know, I'll find out for you. We put Ashley in Kinder in 2002. She was in for about 3 months when we pulled her out. Academically she was ready, but emotionally and maturity-wise she was not ready. I don't regret it and she did fine this past year. Does the school offer an enrichment program for Kinders? Ashley's school does. We put her in 1/2 day until the first of April. These last 2 months we signed her up for the enrichment (here it's called Link) because I wanted her to get used to being at school all day, but I didn't want her to do it all year. It has worked beautifully. If the school offers an enrichment class you could try it after your little has been in 1/2 day kinder for a while. In other words, try the 1/2 day and see how he does; if he doesn't adjust well then you'll know that he's not ready and you can pull him out. A child is not required to go to school until he is 6 years old anyway. I hope this helps. Also, I do not think you sound "totally overboard and crazy". You just sound like a concerned mom getting ready to put her little one in school for the first time. :D And don't be afraid to cry on his first day (most parents do) just don't let him see you. :lol:

Angie: Have fun in Bangor.

Ashley and I went to a Mother/Daughter activity at church today. It was so much fun. We had a pedicure and decorated a picture frame for Daddy. All the moms and daughters also had pictures taken that will go in the frames. We're going to take ours to Daddy in July so he'll get his Father's Day gift a couple of weeks late.

Noelle: The first week of October is when I am off for Intersession as well. I think we may be able to meet up. I'll certainly look forward to it. My favorite time to got to Disneyland is at Christmas. I love the way it's decorated and the holiday feeling it has. Ashley likes the "snow" (small bubbles that really do give the illusion of snow).

Hello to anyone I may have missed.

Cal

GEMonster
05-22-2004, 06:25 PM
Hey there ladies!

Can I just say I love Saturday's! Review the week, relax, read and all that fun stuff. I am very excited I did my 270 minutes of cardio this week! So Mission accomplished - I am going to try and keep this going! :flow2: I have not been this excited about exercise in a while. DH taught me tennis lasst spring so now we are playing (when it is not raining)whenever we can! I love that it is fun for me - nothing worse than having to do something and still hating it! :p

DH and I just booked 4 day 3 night trip to the lake in Canada. Cannot wait. Work is driving me crazy. I am crazy for going into this line of work. I want to start my own business but am researching right now... :crossed:

Angie - oh so happy about the house possibility! how exciting. I am glad ILs came to some of thier senses. Drive safely in Bangor!

Julie understand the rain thing. Where are you? How is the finger? BTW I think it is great you are getting a second opinion on your son. I will be prayingthat it works out.

Noelle I did not realize how big of an AI fan that you are. I hope the show is enjoyable! They are coming here too but I am not going (I thinkit sold out anyway). Disneyland too! I am such a kid at heart love it love it love it! :love: My brothers are 18 and 16 and they love the top 40 stuff on the radio (the 16 year is into more alternative music - much better than the 18 year old Britney choices) so I made them listen to a mix CD I had with Beatles (they knew), Jimmy Cliff, Old U2, The Clash, Rolling Stones and Led Zepplin and they DID NOT KNOW THE LAST 3. :Yikes: Trying to fix that! Cannot play name that tune with them

Cal congrats on the job! How exciting for you. The numbers are getting low on your countdown!

Quote:
The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them. Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Hey to Kempy and all those I missed!
be well.

:lol3: GEM/Summer :lol3:

jbbm
05-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Hey Girls

I am so happy to see the posts here on the weekend. What a treat.

Cal thank you soooo much for the advice. I have never heard of an enrichment program. The teacher I talked to said we could try him for two weeks-to a month and see if he could do a whole day. I will have to ask her about that this week. I just think kindergarten should be half day or optional full day. But oh well. It sounds like you and Ashley had a wonderful great day together. I am sure Daddy will love the picture and the frame. What a great idea.

Summer hi how ya doing? It sounds good with all that excercise you are getting in. And congrats on your vacation. It sounds like you need to get away. What kind of work do you do? I live in great old Wisconsin. Land of the cheeseheads! The finger is feeling better. I can type with it now and I think I got all the infection out. It just looks ugly being so black and blue. But what matters it is feeling better. Thanks for asking.

Noelle I hope you got to sleep in today. Or take a nap. You deserve it. That is so cute your little guy likes Clay Aiken and Invisible. I love them both. I wish I could go to the concert. My little boy loves to sing and dance too. He is never embarrassed to just start dancing in front of anyone. I think we got a couple of little hams on our hands :).

Angie I hope you and Jay are having a great day. And nights :devil: :lol:! Have fun.

Hi Kempy and everyone else. Have a great Saturday night. Julie

jbbm
05-22-2004, 09:03 PM
Summer love the quotes you always have on your messages. They are great. Julie

Kempyd
05-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Hey guys. I see that none of us was here yesterday. I should have checked in more b/c I was stuck at home with poison ivy. YUCK! ALl I did was sleep though. It was the only thing I could do that would not make me itch. I feel better today though. I was a cleaning machine yesterday. I think after I was stuck in bed for three days I was ready to do something. I started to celan all of the acbinets from when we busted up the tile. They really weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I even go myself outside to cut the grass. I told Joe that I think I might start to hlep him do it every week. I really liked doing it. Our grass was so tall from all of the rain that we had I think we could have lost a small dog out there.

I don't have much time to write but I am going to go back and read everything from last week. I will check in later on today.

melekalikimaka
05-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey ladies, happy(?) Monday :dizzy: I've got to stop doing those insomniac marathons. I go through these spells where either I #1) Get books from the library and stay up all night reading or #2) Rent a bunch of movies from Blockbuster and watch all of them in the same night...:tired: I'm yawning at my desk all day. But at least I feel upbeat. I watched the original Planet of the Apes (creepy and cool as usual), Gothika (kinda sucky and not even scary) and lastly, Eat, Drink, Man, Woman--a foreign film which was actually quite funny. I love renting foreign films, although it's hard to do two things at once while doing it--like, I like to fold the laundry while watching TV...can't do that and read subtitles at the same time :lol: Anyway, how was everyone elses weekend?

Kempy, poison ivy? *scratch scratch* You must've been miserable :(. I've never had anything like that, I don't think we even have poison ivy here. Is it something that just has to go away on it's own? or can you take a pill for it? Glad to hear you're feeling better though.

Julie yup, I know I got me a ham. We were in the Party City store and he grabbed one of those toy microphones and started singing Invisible really loudly and with a lot of vibrato. It was hilarious, the salesclerks were enjoying the concert. I was watching A&E last night and they had the biography of Simon Cowell, didya see it?

Summer, I guess I am a big fan of AI :o ...it's like this you see: nothing much happens in HI so when we got 3 of our "own" going to Hollywood, everybody here rallied around them. Then when we got 2 of them into the top 2...that was BIG :lol:. Your lake vacation sounds nice and peaceful, you lucky girl.

Cal, I'd love to meet up with you. We'll talk more as it gets closer. That may be the motivation I need to get me staying on track :yes:.

Angie, how was your weekend? Any news on the house?

Holly we know you're busy...have a great week.

Hello to anyone else i may have missed, check back later.

jbbm
05-24-2004, 08:21 PM
Hi Noelle, BUMMER I missed it! You know how much I love him and he is so sexy in his own british way, baby! I sound like Mike Meyers from Austin Powers :lol:! Isn't it funny how the kids never get embarrassed? They just do something have fun at it and go for it. More adults should be like that, don't ya think? Including myself. I did karakoe (sp?) once and I had just turned 21 so I was lets just say I don't even remember the song :dizzy:. But I was so embarrassed the next day I did not even want to look at the people I was with.

Angie how was the weekend w/o the kids? I bet you guys felt like newlyweds again! My hus and I were talking that we just don't have any friends to do anything with. I am going to try inviting the neighbors over for a drink this summer. You lose yourself when you have kids, don't you agree? I told hus I can't remember the last time we went out and let loose.

Well girliles gonna get going now. I know I should excercise but it has been raining here since Friday and has been cold. It feels like fall is here?.? I oinked oinked out on two bowls of chili and buttered bread tonight. I needed something to warm this body up. I wish I would have stopped at one bowl though :^:. I have been trying to drink extra water but I just feel so bloated when I do?

Kempyd
05-25-2004, 11:37 AM
Hey, where is everybody? I feel like we are all just showing up on sporatic schedule now.

Noelle my PI is going away now. I think I got it about a week ago so that seems agout right. I am just thankful that I am not itching right now. Anything exciting happening your way today?

Julie are you ready for the big AI night? I know that I am. I think Joe is too. I think he is tired of watching that stupid show twice a week. I am pulling for Diana. I think she is a little more marketable than Fantasia.

Angie where are ya Girlie?

I didn't workout yesteray b/c I was scared that I would start to itch. But, I got home and played with the dogs and while I was watching tv I did a few things. I did my ab wheel (really hard), some push-ups (girl ones) and some side crunches. I Stretched really good after that too. I just really need to bukle down. I will be 30 in 35 days :yikes:and I would like to be able to fit into some of my cute shorts by then. I don't know if that will happen but I am going to try.

GEMonster
05-25-2004, 12:27 PM
Hey there ladies!

I hope all is well with you. I am praying for the rain to let up so I can play tennis tonight. I am starting to learn new cooking techniques. I am sure I will have some stories soon :lol: considering I am a little klutzy if not totally crazy :dizzy:

Noelle that scene in the store with your son singing sounds priceless! I would of loved to of seen that. I was never that talented I just flashed people at the store...or mooned them when I was little. I'm over it now...you can dress me up...Probably one of the many reasons I have not had children yet because my mothers says I :hyper: will be paid back tenfold and that frankly scares the daylights :yikes: out of me. I love foreign films! Eat, Drink, Man, Woman was good - I also enjoyed like water for chocolate, y tu mambien, La Bella Vita (Life is beautiful) and the Red, White, Blue Series (I believe Blue is first)

Kempy I am so sorry to hear about PI. You poor thing. I had poison Oak once and that wasn't any fun. Just keep your chin up it will go away soon enough. Are you doing Calomine lotion? - Does the Ab wheek work? sorry the stream of thought is not always consistent

Angie how was the kidless weekend? any luck on the house? :crossed:

Julie I hope you are well and warm. You and your DH should go out and relax, have fun. I think it is healthy for all involved. :soap: but I have alot of opinions. You asked what work I do - I am in Finance as a Financial Wholesaler which sometimes makes me :bomb: but it beats being a broker/advisor like I used to do. Saw too much crap and the people I used to work with I wouldn't trust with my dog's bone much less money.

Quote:
Health is not simply the absence of sickness. -Hannah Green

I hope all have a great day!

be well
:lol3: Summer :lol3:

jbbm
05-25-2004, 12:47 PM
Good Morning Girls

It is a cloudy day here today but no rain! Yay. It is so wet out there I don't even think I can put any flowers in the ground yet. But I think it is going to dry out this week and then more rain on the weekend.

Kempy, you bet I am ready for AI tonight. I am also hoping for Diana. She seems really sweet. I wish I would have saved my popcorn snack for tonight instead of last night. I ask hus if he wanted a bag and he said yes but hardly ate any. So I ate the whole bag! Yikes. Oh well at least it has fiber and is a good carb.

Angie come out from where ever you are when you get some free time.

Noelle are you going to have a little AI party tonight? I want to baked brownies or something. Bad Julie :lol:! Who do you want to win? I wonder if they will do a Paula and Simon scene again :crossed: :lol:! I want him to get rid of his young girlfriend and start it up with Paula all ready!!!! Okay I am to much into that subject as you know! lol! I just remember from last year hearing Clay sing Bridge Over Troubled Water and I was in tears. I just love him and thought for sure he was going to win. I think he is the best they have ever had in the show, well except for our William Hung! (jk) My brother just graduated from the same college that he goes to, and every
time I talk to him I ask him if he has saw him on campus? He never has though. To much of a star now I guess? I would go see him preform though. I know he has been all over the Berkeley area.

Hi Summer have a great day, everyone else too! Julie

jbbm
05-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Come on girls where are ya? I just had some cheetos! They should be called cheat-o's!!!! You just can not have one of those things.

GEMonster
05-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Don't talk about cheetos - I love cheetos :love: I LOVE Cheetos. I love them so much I had to throw them out of the house - it was a sad sad sad day. I recommend you do the same they are sneaky little buggers.

Kempyd
05-25-2004, 04:23 PM
I love those little things too. I have to have a bag every time we go on a car trip. Of course they are going to be the big grab size. :)

I have been looking at a new cell phone plane today. I hate my carrier and I am ready to leave them. What sucks is that I still have another year left ith them but once that is up I am out of there. I have had this company for over 10 years and they still treat the new contracts better then I get treated. It is like they don't care either. I complain each time that I have to go to their store for something but they just tell me that it is how things are done. :mad:

melekalikimaka
05-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Good morning/afternoon ladies. I'm just rolling into work and enjoying my latte. I'm in a weird mood right now, kinda feeling wired listening to Linkin Parks Meteora CD at full volume :smoking:. Anyway, this is good music to do collection calls to, keeps the agression level up and I don't take no cr@p from nobody :lol:

Ahhh, Cheetos! Have you seen the ones which turn your tongue green? I think those are so gross, of course my son loves them. I am a Cheeto purist--I only like the original puffed ones. Don't give me the crunchy ones, the twisty ones or especially not the green-tongue ones. Sorry Julie, not much help here am I? Of course I am watching AI tonight. Go Diana!!! Brownies huh? That sounds like a good idea...just whip them up with applesauce instead of oil to make them lowfat, I think. :T

Summer, I've seen the first 3 movies you mentioned, great weren't they? I need to go look for the Red, White, Blue series, thanks for the mention. Have you seen American Adobo or the Debut? Those are Filipino movies where they speak some english, I thought those were pretty good. Are you taking cooking classes? Any specific cuisine?

Kempy, oh boy the big 3-0 :D. It's nothing to be afraid of! Been there, done that :lol:

Angie, what's shakin' these days? Have you watched the Colonial House series on PBS? It was filmed somewhere on the coast of Maine. I'm not enjoying this series as much as Manor House though.

Cal, are you having another hot :sunny: day? I looked at the weather report and your highs are higher than HI (that sounds funny doesn't it?) but your lows are lower than HI...we've been getting low to mid 70's at night, I still leave the fan on. How many more days on your school countdown? My son "graduates" preschool this Friday, then we're taking him to the state fair and carnival over the weekend to celebrate. I wanted to ask you or anyone else here if you guys knew of any good (clean) budget hotels/motels within walking distance to Disneyland. My sis still hasn't booked the reservation and I've been looking online at the reviews for some nearby places and I can't make up my mind. Any suggestions?

:wave: Hello to Holly and anyone else I may have missed. Have a great Tuesday

melekalikimaka
05-25-2004, 04:52 PM
Kempy, I don't know what mobile phone carrier it is but have you seen those new commercials where they have the teacher with her 6-7 y.o. students and she's asking them to tell her how many minutes they will be playing with the playground ball for the next year--if they guess too little, they can't play once they reach the limit, if they guess too many, well then, that would just be a waste. Sound familiar? They have another one where all the kids are painting with those 12 color watercolor sets, where after a while all the colors get mixed up and turn black? Then the new kid comes to school and she gets the deluxe giant paint set with 50 colors because she's "special". Sounds like your cell company huh? Those are hilarious...anyway, I'm rambling. Check ya later.

Kempyd
05-25-2004, 05:09 PM
Noelle I love the one with the kids painting. It is the reason I strated to look at Sprint. I didn't think I would bother with the switch but on their web site it says that every 18 months they send you a voucher worth $150 towards a new phone. That right there is enough to make me look into them. My copany could care less what I get. I wanted to get a new phone last month and they told me that I would have to pay for it. The smae one that everyone else was getting for free I had to pay $150. I told them where they could shove that phone too. :devil: :smug:

calnative
05-26-2004, 12:03 AM
Hey Girls,

Only 11 more school days. :dancer: :cb: I am soooo ready for this year to be over with. Of course, I am teaching summer school for 2 weeks, but that is actually pretty easy. I told my kids today that I will be teaching summer school and they all groaned. I love that. :lol:

Noelle: I have stayed at several different motels around the big D, but you may want to reconsider walking. Better to be sure there's a shuttle of some kind. There was one we stayed at last year that was nice. It was a BW, but I have to look up the name. I'll give it to you as soon as I find the paperwork. One of my favorite places to stay is the Castle Inn. It might cost a little more, but it's really nice. We stayed there for New Year's once (5 nights were less than $300; cheap by Disney standards). My sister can get really good deals on tickets once in awhile because she's a CA resident. She said she'll keep her eyes open for you. The last time we went she got park hopper tickets 5 days for the price of 3 (average $100 per person). Of course, the best deal we got was last year when my brother's sister-in-law got a military discount. We got 3 day park hopper tickets for only $20 apiece.
Weather has been a bit warm, but the past 2 days have been overcast. Even though it's been over 90, it hasn't felt that hot. Also, remember "It's a dry heat"!!!! :lol: The nights and early mornings are wonderful, around 60.

Hello to everyone else.

Cal

Kempyd
05-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey guys! Where is everybody. I thought I was going to come here late and have tons of posts to read. What's up out there?

I was good yesterday!! I made a chicken stor-fry last night w/ no soy sauce but with a seasam ginger sauce and brown rice. I felt so good after I ate it. I even did 30 min. on the eliptical. I just want to keep up this good vibe that I have. I wonder if I should staple my cute shorts to the wall so that I have to look at them all the time. I wonder if that would work. :D

Not to much going on over here. The boss man has his GF in right now so thankfully they are not here to bother me.

I hope everything is going ok with you guys that aren't posting. We miss you here. :(

melekalikimaka
05-26-2004, 08:42 PM
Yikes, what a morning! You girls are lucky, your workday is ended already. We had some employee problems this morning and I'm trying to finalize someone's paycheck...I hate when you trust someone and they let you down like that :mad:. Anyway, that's them breaks huh? So what did you guys think of AI last night? It was so anticlimactic for me (and it's not even done yet). Fantasia did a good job as usual, save for that first song she did. Diana was ok, but her voice wasn't as sure as she has been...dunno, could go either way since everyone knows that Fanty already has people waiting to sign her. I hope Diana wins it. I didn't vote and didn't even try either so I can't be upset either way. Did anyone see the E True Hollywood story about AI? Does anyone care? :lol:

Kempy, I don't know where everyone is today...sometimes when we aren't doing too good dietwise we avoid this place--but me? I just enjoy the chit chat no matter if I'm doing good or not. BTW, I'm not doing well at all...I've backslid almost all the way. Oh well, I've done it before and I'm sure I'll be doing it again and get my head on straight and my butt in gear. Good job on your efforts girl--keep posting on them, I need the positive inspiration.

Angie where are ya girl? Did you guys take the RV out of storage and hit the road for the long weekend?

Cal, thanks for the tips. According to my research, the hotel we're looking at is about 10 minutes away and right next to McD's and Millies. I realize that the parking lot of Disney is rather large, but come on, even adding another 10 minutes to that walk isn't gonna kill me (or is it? :lol: ). My dad's retired military and my mom's coming with us so we're buying all of our park tickets for Disney/Universal/the SD zook etc. through the military bloch arena here, that saves a LOT of $ :lol:

Julie, where are ya girl? AI starts in about a half hour for you doesn't it? Let me know the outcome!!! I can never stand the wait. Have you ever checked out that website "television without pity?" They have mega forums about the show, it's hilarious and horrifying to read some of the comments there.

I gotta run for now, but hello to everyone else. Have a good night.

GEMonster
05-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Morning Ladies :coffee:

I'm here I was just lurking. ;)

AI was won by Fantasia..my DH let me know (he calls her Fantastic Burrito because he thought that is what he heard the first time she was introduced). I was reading a book :lol:

Angie Where are you? What is happening with the house? :?:

Cal congrats on the countdown to summer vacation. I loved Summer vacation. I miss summer vacation.

Julie how are you? did you enjoy AI?

Eating decently and have been exercising like I am supposed to. I am hitting that 270 minute goal but I do not step on the scale until tomorrow!

Kempy what did you end up doing yesterday for dinner? :hun: How was the day without the boss-man?

Noelle of course you can do it! :cheer: do not beat yourself up just see today as a new day...sorry if I sound too chipper..but its true. as for the question you asked about cooking lessons - I have a choice at this place of trying Asian or what they call Pan European (hosted by various chefs depending on the cuisine) so we will see. I might eat everthing I attempt to make. :eating2: My old motto used to be "A fed Summer is a happy Summer" now I am trying to modify it to "Just a couple bites thanks!" :p

Quote:
Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair.
Dorothy Parker :lol:

be well.

jbbm
05-27-2004, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Girls

Noelle first of all so sorry I couldn't let you in on who won last night. We had an meeting for a new preschool last night for my son. Not sure if we liked it. And by the time got home hus was a total GRUMP, I mean bad....he was really talking down to me. And after that I had to pick up the house. And the kids had to get ready for bed, baths, and they just wouldn't fall asleep until after 10. So I did not even get to see any of it. I was a little upset by that to say the least! Oh well. Was there a Simon and Paula kiss this year, anyone know? Please inform me if ya do :lol:. btw I will have to check out that website.

Summer your quote of the day had me laughing....I need that today. That was funny.

Angie did ya pick up and move? Where ya been? Miss ya!

Kempy I guess we probally will not hear from you until next week, well have a good one.

Hi Cal and everyone else. Hope your Thursday turns out wonderful for you :).
I have to get some breakfast in me it is all ready almost 10:30. Check in later girls. Julie

angieME
05-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Sorry!! Sorry!! Sorry!! I am so sorry that I havent posted all week. I have been getting on and trying to post and then something else comes up not to mention that we have been baking like crazy this week for the holiday weekend. This weekend,Fourth of July and Labor Day weekend are huge for us so we have to cook nonstop on these weekends. I wont get even one day off this week. Hopefully I will have lots of bill money though. :lol:

Well, We went to the auction for the house yesterday and we got into a bidding war with some contractors and we stopped at our limit but then a guy from town got into it with the contractors until he got the house. HAHA Them contractor *******s deserved it. :lol: I ended up losing the house by $5500.00 So no nice little paid for house for me. Shoot!! I am kinda depressed about it though because it would have been a great help(especially with 3 kids that I would like to send off to school) On the plus side though on the way home I got to stop and pay my heating and propane bill from the winter up in full with the money saved for the deposit on the house.

Noelle, I bet that I am back to 200 pounds. I can feel the weight but I dont dare to get on the scales because then I would have proof that I blew it again and I probably wouldnt stop crying. I mean the reality of it is that I can lose 10 pounds a month but I also can gain 10 pounds a month which is exactly what I did all winter. Now I am ashamed embarrassed and down right depressed about it so I just keep eating. I know we are supposed to love ourselves but it is awful hard to do when I am so ashamed of myself.

Well, the sun finally came out today. That is the first time it has stopped raining in over a week.

Oh yeah, I meant to tell you all that Christy had to give the baby back to the birthmom. I feel so bad for them. I can not imagine having to go through that. It is so sad.

Kempyd
05-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey, Hey, Hey!!! I bet you didn't think you would see me today. Well, Joe is out of town tonight so I got to the puter to play for a bit.

Summer I ended up cooking some dirty rice and I had a bolw of cole slaw. I know that sounds gross but I was running low on food.

Angie so glad to see you back! :D I bet you are happy about being busy. Just think that the reason you didn't get the house is b/c there is a better one out there for you. Do you know why they had to give the baby back?

Julie I wish I lived closer to you so when your hubby is acting like a butt I can come over there and give you a great big hug. Not to mention giving him a swift kick in the behind for treating such a great person like that.

Noelle I bet once you get everything under control you will hop right back onto that wagon. I hav e faith in you. I have a goal to loss 3 lbs by my birthday. That shouldn't b e to hard right? If you want to join me for it you can. Maybe you just need a small step to look forward to.

Well guys I am glad that I could get on tonight but I need to run pay some bills. Joe's check was deposited today. :cp:

jbbm
05-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Kempy I am so happy to see you posted tonight. Yeah that would be so great if we did live closer, to go out and the kick in the butt. Your supper actually sounds good, I love coleslaw. I had two pieces of apple pie tonight guys, oink oink. Along with eating a huge meal. I feel guilty but I will get over it....Kempy I will join the three pound challenge with ya. I need some motivation right now. Feeling in a slump.

Angie I know how you feel I have not got on the scale in soooo long. I just don't want to see the number. I was down but I just feel bloated and I know I am up. I am sorry about the house. I believe sometimes things happen for a reason and maybe it wasn't meant to be, as bad as you wanted it. I know that probally does not make you feel any better. Also I hope you make tons of money this week, don't work to hard though! I also wish we lived closer so I could just smell all those goodies baking. And I would help out to for one of your cookies :lol:!
My gosh that is so sad about Christy having to give the baby back. If you have contact with her tell her and Chris they are in our prayers.

Noelle well AI is done. What in the world are we going to watch now :lol:? I kinda wanted to see Diana win. I think Fantasia is too much like Macy Grey. (sp?) Well anyway I think Diana will do well even though she did not win. Look at Clay, you never hear anything about Ruben anymore. I wished I would have saw that E special too! I care. hehehehe

What does everyone have planned for the Holiday weekend? My mom gets back in town, and I don't know what the in-laws are doing. It would be nice if they had a cook-out and I could bring a birthday cake for my son who turns five on Tuesday :( ;) :). I know it sounds bad but I don't feel like hosting anything, not because I am lazy, just because my mood. But I will probally end up doing it. Then on Tuesday do something fun like the zoo, or let him pick where he would like to go for the day. My baby I wish he was 8 pounds again and I could rock him. As you can tell I don't well with change. But that is what life is about, right? Well check in tomorrow. TGIF tomorrow!! Julie, Hi everyone else and take care.

melekalikimaka
05-28-2004, 12:11 AM
Hey girls, I know you're all probably asleep by now or in bed anyway (and what you do there is your business :devil: :s: ) but I've just now got a free minute to post. I've been busy making candy lei and goodie bags for my son's graduation tomorrow. For the lei I use a length of nylon netting and put all kinds of goodies into it and separate the goodies with ribbon...it's cute, especially since I've put some squeaky frog toys in there too *ribbit*.

((((Angie)))) So glad to see you back! Sorry about the house, that sucks big time, but I'm glad those contractors didn't get it either. Kempy's right, there's another house out there for you...maybe further down south where it's warmer? :crossed: Maybe some day... Hey, I swear we're twins separated at birth. The last time I stepped on the scale I cringed but it still wasn't enough to kick my @ss into gear. I dunno what it'll take. I already hate looking at myself in the mirror. Rick and I flip out that the weight can come back so fast for both of us :o . He's kind of a yoyo dieter like me, except that he doesn't have a problem with candy and sweets like me. He just likes to eat a lot of food, period. I could live on chocolate and cake :ink:.

That is so sad about Chris having to return the baby to the birth mom. I feel so bad for them. I sent her an email card shortly after I found that they got the baby, I hope I didn't make it worse :cry:. When did you hear about this situation?

Kempy, your (and Angie's) b-day is in July right? Sheesh, I think I can swing a three pound loss by then. My "official" restart date is June 1, after the Memorial Day weekend. I need to get serious before I get any bigger. I want to be comfortable while on vacation in October...besides, I may just run into Cal and I don't want to embarrass myself ;) Is Joe hunting this weekend?

Julie, that's okay about not posting the results. I was lurking on TWoP (TV w/o pity) and pretty much got the results as soon as the east coast show was over. Fanty's last song after she won was so emotional. She was crying and you could just connect with her. I felt sorry to Diana though, all the other contestants came out and surrounded Fanty and Diana was on the outside, but she lost very gracefully. i still think she'll be somebody with her singing. The funniest part of the show was a parting shot at the end showing Ryan Seacrest with a big piece of confetti stuck to his forehead (and not realizing it), and Paula trying to motion to him to take it off...it was hilarious. Ruben and Kelly sang songs off their albums. I swear Ruben was Huge! I mean huge-r than he normally is. Kelly wasn't so slim either, but who am I to talk about people gaining weight (ahhh, the voice of experience maybe? :lol: ). Do you have any other alternative choices for your sons school? Our babies are very precious no matter how old they get and I know that we can be fierce protectors *grrrrrrrr*.

Summer, Pan European sounds like something really interesting. Can't wait to hear your stories from the kitchen. Good job on hitting your goals, I love to hear about some of us doing good. (hoping really hard it'll rub off on me too :lol: )

Cal, another week almost down...and the days are flying by. :D

Well, it's quitting time here and I've got to get my butt moving outta here. See ya girls tomorrow. :wave:

GEMonster
05-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Hello ladies!

Can I vent? I work in a situtation where I can work out of my house and sometimes travel for work. I have 4 other business partners and the one I worked the longest with resigned yesterday to go to the competition but never bothered to let me know... :mad: I had to hear from a client then I heard from one of my other partners. The steam was coming out of the ears because I thought that mutual respect was a part of the business relationship. I guess I over estimated him. :bomb:

:censored: :mad: :censored: :mad: :censored: :mad: :censored: :mad: was me yesterday!

The silver lining is I needed to relax so I went to a 90 minute Ashtanga yoga class (very aerobic and very hard) and I felt tired but better than when I came in.

Noelle I will definitely share with you the misadventures I have in the kitchen.:joker: The graduation party sounds like fun! I want a candy lei! June 1st is a new month and I think it is a great idea to start with a clean slate.

Angie I am sorry to hear about the house but am glad someone could stick it to the contractors. There is a reason that it is not yours...there is another house more perfect for you. Still disappointing I know. Way to stay busy with work. :crossed: May money grow on trees for you after this week.

Kempy if dirty rice and cole slaw make you happy than who am I to say anything? I like the goal you set for yourself and I'll join too! :goodscale:

Julie take care of yourself too! Don't do anything that you are not feeling up to.

For the weekend I have a baby shower tomorrow, then Sunday I have chuch, gardening then a couples wedding shower then out with friends from out of town. Monday me and my DH will go to my parents and grill something. Nothing too crazy but nice!

Hi to Cal! and anyone else I may have missed.

Quote:
Worry is like a rocking chair: It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywere. Erma Bombeck

angieME
05-28-2004, 06:22 PM
Good afternoon chickas!!! We had to make 60 dozen raised donuts today and then we did about another 37 dozen cake donuts. My back and my feet are killing me from standing on the concrete floor all day. We also have to work every day this weekend. But we gotta make the money while we can I guess otherwise I wont be able to save for Florida in December. :lol:

Julie, Happy Birthday to your son. They do grow up quick. Have fun at the Zoo. We dont have anything like that near us. I wished they did because I would probably be there all weekend. haha

Noelle, Your leis sound cute. My sister is doing a Hawaiian themed party for my neice and she is going to order some leis from the Oriental Trader catalog. I have lived on candy and sweets all winter and I wonder why I got so fat so quick. :lol: I will start fresh on June 1 too. Maybe this time we can all get back into the groove again and keep going down. :crossed:

Summer, I am so sorry that one of your partners screwed you over like that. If he has that little respect for others than you are better off without him though.

jbbm
05-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Hi Girls

Noelle how did your son's graduation go today? I bet you were proud, sad, and happy :)! Congrats Michael. My hus and I are so stressed we do not know which pre-school to send him to. We are going to talk over the weekend. And it is other issues with him, he does not eat any supper foods I make. I always make him a plate but all he wants is peanut butter and yogurt and a few other things. I mean I see other kids eating hot dogs, chicken nuggets and it makes me want to cry. Tonight for dinner was fried fish, fries, veggies, but the best part a HI pineapple. It was so good. The smell of it made my mouth water. I don't think I have tasted one that good in seven years when I was in Jamaica. It made me think of you ;).

Angie you are sure working hard for your money. I am sorry you have to work all weekend. If I was closer I would come and help. It is suppose rain basically until next Thursday!!!! Every stupid weekend it seems to rain. I am just so sick of it. I have not planted any flowers yet even.

Summer I agree with Angie on that guy. But sorry to hear it. And yes vent all you want here. Sometimes that what I feel like I am doing all the time :lol:. I hope things work out.

Hey Kempy hope your day at school was good. Getting close to the end, huh?

Cal getting close for your vacation? You must be so excited. I bet you and your daughter cannot wait to go to Alaska. I always wanted to go there. Like I don't get enough snow here :lol:! It just looks peaceful and beautiful.

Holly how are you doing? Juggling everything okay? Hope you have a nice holiday weekend.

Bye for now. Check in later....Julie

melekalikimaka
05-29-2004, 05:06 AM
Hi ladies, just checking in before bed. My son's graduation program was really cute. They all lined up on stage and sang "The World is a Rainbow" and my son actually sang and did the motions instead of just standing there looking embarrassed :cb:. Then they got called for their diplomas. One snafu, the video camera decided to quit. Actually, I don't think we've used it for about 3 years? But I charged up the batteries and checked the playback and it seemed everything was Ok. We get to the program and the record function just wouldn't work :shrug:. I did have my digicam so at least I got a few pics. One thing about graduation in Hawaii, the grads get lots of leis piled one on top of the other. I made few extra lei for Mikey's closest friends and it's a good thing too since most of them are from the mainland and aren't used to the lei tradition. The local kids were covered up to their ears! Remember Jacks avatar of her graduation pic? Just like that. I'm proud of myself, I didn't cry :^: .

Julie, my son is a picky eater too. The only vegetable he readily eats is raw carrots and only if he has ranch dressing. Then maybe canned corn. His first days of school he wouldn't really try any of the "new" foods that were served. Then he realized that if he didn't eat it, he would go hungry. He started eating just like the other kids. Funny thing is, he can rave about how he loved to eat vegetable soup or salad w/dressing at school, but if I put it in front of him at home, no way no how is he going to eat it. At least your boy likes pretty healthy choices. Hope you enjoyed the pineapple :T

Woohoo Angie, that's a ton of donuts. Hey, you roll out the dough and the dough comes rolling in, huh? Sorry, just couldn't resist :D Don't wear yourselves out.

Summer, vent away. Sorry to hear about your business partner. Don't stress too much and try to enjoy your weekend, it sounds like you have a lot of happy occasions to celebrate. Come Tuesday, it's back to the old grind.

Kempy what do you have planned this long weekend? Just hanging out with the girls?

Cal, after attending Michael's graduation program I marvel at the pateince of teachers. 40 preschoolers are hard to keep under control--and it's even harder to get them to do the same thing at the same time. Teachers are awesome!

Well everyone, have a great weekend and hope to check in here some time tomorrow. Aloha :wave:

angieME
05-29-2004, 10:56 AM
Good Morning.

Noelle, Michael's graduation sounds so cute. I cant wait to see the pics. I love to see little kids doing their plays and stuff like that. I remember Alicia's first recital she was in the front row and all she did was twist her dress up in the air through the whole thing. We saw plenty of undies that day. :lol:

Julie, My sis had the same trouble with Haley when she started school. like Noelle said it didnt take long for her to figure out that if she didnt eat then that was it until she got home. It wont be as bad as you think. Plus when he sees his new friends trying new things I bet he will want to too. Kids adapt to new things way better than we do. Maybe we should watch them and learn,huh? :lol:

I am sick of the rain too. Today it is sunny but it is very cold and winter. It sure doesnt seem like summer is coming. I think I hate the NorthEast. :lol: I need to plant my front flower box but when it isnt raining there isnt enough time to do it. hehe

Thats about it in my neck of the woods. I thought there was something else I wanted to tell you guys but I forgot it now. (you know I will remember just after I turn the computer off though. :lol: :lol: )

jbbm
05-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Hi Girls

Noelle good for Michael!!!! I am glad everything was fun and he participated in the program. I know you always see that one poor little kid at those things just standing there. I think I want to get on a plane and pack up the house and move by you. The rain is starting now and on my computer weather outlook thing it said rain until Thursday. I don't think I would miss to much here. I mean my mom is here but we fight all the time :lol:! We are probally to alike. Before my son was born my hus applied for a police officer position, I believe I told you this, but anyway it was in Honolulu and I said lets go for it! I was so excited to even touch a piece of mail from HI when he got the return letter. I believe you did not need a criminal justice degree, just a bachelor degree and that is what he has. But you needed to be a resident there for a year :(. I said lets go and get odd jobs and live there for a year but he is not that much of a risk taker. Are you having any big cook outs this weekend? Have fun whatever you do!

Angie and Noelle thanks for the motherly words about my son. I am such the worry type person. I just have to stop worrying about everything or it is going to kill me. I mean wait until he is sixteen and driving. Yikes! Do you think you will make as many donuts today as yesterday? Btw I wanted to ask you do your kids loves sweet things you make or are they just use to it? If I was one of your kids I would be loving it! I have not had a donut in soooo long. I love the rasberry filled or cutard filled ones with icing on top or rolled in sugar. I better stop thinking. I am watering at the mouth. Tom is not due for eight days and my boobs are all ready killing me. Sorry tmi. Well don't work to hard and wear some good shoes, I know it hurts like crazy to stand on concrete all day!

Kempy what do you have going on this weekend? Any family cookouts? Or getting together with friends? I was watching a show this week and the people we from LA, and they had such a strong accent. Isn't it funny we all probally sound different when we talk. People have told me (telemarketers) that I sound like I am from Canada or a strong German accent. I don't even think I am german :lol:.

Talk to everyone later. Have a great weekend. Hope to see everyone pop in. But you all probally have sunny warm weather and go out and enjoy it! Julie

angieME
05-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Hey Julie. I have the worst Maine accent. You know the ones that sound so stupid in the movies. :lol: It is embarrassing and it gets worse when I am nervous. haha I think I sound like a hick.

Jay is like you and I must be like your husband. Jay wanted to just forget about the bakery and go to Florida and get regular jobs but since I have never had a job other than the bakery before in my life I didnt want to risk it just yet while the kids are still young. But when they turn 18 it is on.!!! I will be the parent at graduation dropping off their bags. :lol: :rofl:

I got my In laws a gift certificate to a restaurant in town to say thanks for trying to help us get the house. I really do appreciate it and just wanted them to know it.

Thankfully Jay decided not to bother with donuts today but he is going to get up really early in the morning to make glazed for her and then we will do our normal day in the afternoon. He is gonna be tuckered tomorrow night. He didnt actually get done with all of his stuff until 8 last night and then he was up at 2:30 in the morning to deliver.

We bought some lobster for supper. Brit is babysitting my neice for the weekend and Corey went to the bakery with the Inlaws so that just leaves Ishkapooh(Alicia) to stay with us since she has pink eye. You would think it would be quieter but that kid can talk. haha

jbbm
05-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Good Sunday Morning Everyone

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far. The sun was out for about a half hour this morning but now its gone. It is suppose to start raining again early afternoon :(. Sorry I sound like a big complainer, but the weather really seems to change my moods. Last night we made chicken fajitias with all the fixings, sour cream, cheese, and for the first time I had gaucamole (sp?) We made it homemade and added this powdered flavoring mix. It was so good. Nice and spicy! I will have to make it again. I know avacados are high in fat but it is the good kind of fat so I am not going to stress over it.

Angie how is work going? So Alicia is a talker, huh? My son talks constantly from the time he wakes up until the time he goes to bed. But it is always so cute the things that come out of his mouth. I was in the bathroom and he opened up the door and said mama do all babies drink milk? He is just so funny. My daughter is a little more reserved and girlie. She like to play quietly with her babies. Got some flowers planted after all yesterday. Four pots. Two dahlias, which I have never grown before but I thought I would try them, they are dwarf dahlias. And a couple pots of orange marigolds. I just love looking at the brightness of the orange. How was your lobster? Did you make lobster rolls or just dip it in butter? Yum!

Hi everyone else. You all think I am probally crazy for posting all weekend but with this weather I feel like it is winter! Well gonna go clean or play with the kids. Julie

jbbm
05-30-2004, 12:51 PM
If anyone wants to chat sometime let me know!

angieME
05-30-2004, 05:05 PM
Hey Julie, I dont think your crazy for posting all the time. I am on the computer at least once a day so I try to post as much as possible myself. Last week I kept trying to post responses to everyone and then Jay or the kids would need help or something would keep me from having enough time to do it.

I have a couple of robins making a nest in my front tree. It is so funny because Rebel is so obsessed with birds that if you just mention the word he runs into the field in circles with his stubby little tail wagging and barking. Then when he decides that he has found the spot where the bird was he will squat and pee. :lol: So today the birds are getting grass from the field and Rebel kept chasing them out. He is laying at my feet sleeping now.

We took the lobster claws,legs,and body meat and made lobster sandwiches and then we dipped the tails in butter. The tails are the best part. YUM!! Did you know that if you take the little legs off from the lobster and roll them out with a rolling pin all the meat squishes out of them perfectly. Plus if you pick the inside of the body apart there is alot of meat in there too.

We watched Pirates of the Carribbean last night. That was such a good movie. Johnny Depp made a great pirate. I didnt really care to watch it but I am glad I did because I enjoyed it. I think the movies that I dont care to see turn out way better than the ones I cant wait to see. We watched A Time To Kill also. I liked that one too.

melekalikimaka
05-30-2004, 11:25 PM
Hey ladies. I came here yesterday and had a nice long post but when I hit submit, it went *poof* into cyberspace, never to be seen again... anyway, just when I thought I would have a nice, relaxing, quiet weekend w/ Rick and Michael, I get the word that the outer island inlaws are coming...*boo, hiss*. selfish, I know, but I wish they had given us advance notice they were coming. These are the same ones that just show up expecting to be given a place to sleep! Again, if this was MY house i'd not have a problem with them staying over. But please people, let me know you're coming so I can make sleeping arrangements for you--or better yet, when you travel away from home, make your arrangements BEFOREhand. Imagine that! OK, end of rant. Yesterday Rick came home with a teeny-tiny baby bird, about as small as a mouse. I looked in a bird book and it says it's a Erckels Francolin. Poor thing was so little i made him take it back to where he found it so it's mother could feed it. Silly man, getting taken with a baby bird.

We're getting ready for a BBQ. I'm marinating some chicken with spicy BBQ sauce and some Chinese char siu sauce for the grill. My sis bought some king crab legs and my mom bought some oysters. Let's just say I'll have a lot to choose from :ink:.

Angie you make my mouth water when you talk about lobster. I have to settle for the crab today. Rebel sounds cute with his Robin buddies. I liked the Pirates of the Caribbean too, Johnny Depp is great. Oooh, and Matthew McConaughey is hot too :devil:

Hey Julie, I wish I could send some sun your way--it's scorching hot today! If I wasn't so self-conscious I'd go and lay in my sons kiddie pool in the backyard (sorry for the visual :lol: ). I totally believe that lack of sun and/or weather conditions can affect a persons mood. I just read your previous post and that would've been great if you guys would've been able to move here and find work. Hawaii's finest huh? I was always a sucker for a guy in a uniform :lol:

Well, sounds like the gangs all here, gotta run. have a great rest of the weekend. Talk w/y'all tomorrow! :wave:

melekalikimaka
05-31-2004, 04:02 PM
Hey ladies, hope you're all having a great Monday. I'm heading to the beach (against my wishes of course ;) ) and we'll probably head to the state fair carnival later on today. Well, that's the plan anyway. We'll see how it goes. Just wanted to pop in and sat HI from HI. I'll be enjoying the sunshine for y'all. :sunny:

jbbm
05-31-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey Noelle, oh gosh the beach sounds like fun. I hope you had a great time. I bet you got to try some yummy carnival foods too. I know I can't resist when you smell the aromas of something cooking at them.
Sorry about the in-laws. I wish they would give you more notice, hang in there. I am totally with you on a man in uniform, I don't know what it is :devil: ;) :lol:. My in-laws were actually really good to us today. My little one's b-day is tomorrow so they had us over for a cake and a cook out. We had bratwaurt, hamburgers, hotdogs, potatoe salad, jello and fresh fruit and veggies and dips. And a homemade cake. When she cooks she goes all out. It was really good. I am not sure what I am going to do tomorrow as they are calling for it to rain all day and night. But when we got home tonight the sun came out for a about 45 minutes so I put on my shoes and went for a walk all by myself. It was nice but not long enough but atleast it was some kind of excercise after a big meal. I want your sunshine :lol:!!!!

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. Talk to you all soon. Julie

calnative
06-01-2004, 12:26 AM
I just stayed around the house most of the weekend. My sister came from CA and we had fun spending time with each other and going shopping on Sat. I spent way more money than I should have, but I really need new clothes. I'm really bummed about the sizes I had to buy. It kind of hit me today and I'm a bit depressed. :( To top everything off, I can't get ahold of the person who's supposed to watch Ashley for me this week. So far, I don't have anyone to watch her tomorrow. I think I may just take her with me tomorrow and just put out some lesson plans and then go home. I have a sore throat and I'm just not feeling well.
Yesterday we went to see "Shrek 2". There were 7 of us. What a great movie. I think it was better than the first. It was fun. If anyone has seen it, I just love the cat.
Hope everyone has a great week. I'll check in when I get a chance. We only have 8 more school days and I still have to pack up my room.

Cal