Exercise! - Walk Away The Pounds - May Challenge

jules02
04-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Hi guys, I recently purchased a few of the WATP tapes and love them. I started the tapes on 4/13 and have walked 25 miles since then. I want to challenge myself to walk at least 40 miles in the month of May. I think keeping track of my progress on this thread will keep me motivated to reach my goal. I recently decided to make a healthy change in my life by exercising at least 4-5 times a week and of course eating better. I could definitely stand to lose a fews pounds but more importantly I would like to just become healthier. Hope to hear from more of you walkers out there!!

lindarn
05-01-2004, 02:15 AM
Hi Jules....I was hoping someone would come up with a challenge. I would love to join you. I just started back with my WATP tapes as well in the past couple of weeks. However......I want to get into the habit of doing it everyday, so my goal is to log in 56 miles for the month of May (2 miles x 28 days...going on vacation on the 28th for a few days).

Thanks so much for starting the challenge....and good luck!!!!

kkbug
05-03-2004, 10:15 AM
I am going to try at least 50 miles this month.

Kristi

blugirrl1
05-03-2004, 12:00 PM
I love my WATP< my goal for May is to walk at least 48 miles.:)

jules02
05-03-2004, 06:21 PM
Hi Lin, Kristi and Heather!! I'm so glad there are other walkers out there. I think we can use this thread to really motivate each other to get those miles in. I walked 2 miles this morning. What tapes are you guys using?? Any suggestions?? I have the 3 mile for abs and the 4 mile express challenge. I really like the 4 mile tape. If I don't have time to walk all 4 miles I usually stop at 2 or 3 and stretch. Good luck to you all!!

blugirrl1
05-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Jules I have the for the Abs 1 and 2 mile. I do the 2 mile and sometimes try to do the 1 mile as an extra added bonus. but i really wish i had the 4 mile express. or even the 3 mile. i am getting used to the 2 mile and would like to bump it up a little. :)
well today i am doing 2 miles after i drop hubby off at work. whoohoo

blugirrl1
05-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Yeah i did the 2 mile today. said i would and i did. :)

MichelleRae
05-04-2004, 04:32 PM
I did the 2 mile today too. I've got 7 miles for may so far!
Michelle

jules02
05-04-2004, 06:28 PM
Way to go Heather and Michelle!! I did 2 miles today too!! Heather, I bought my 4 mile tape at Target for $9.99. Keep up the good work ladies!!

blugirrl1
05-05-2004, 08:49 AM
total so far is 4 miles. :) and friend jsut got the express tape so this afternoon i am headed over there to take a peek, and hopefully get some more leslie sansone time in. lol

cathyxxx
05-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Hey Gang! Great idea!

I think I have just about all of Leslie Sansonne's walking tapes and I absolutely LOVE them!!!! Walking is my exercise of choice. I either do the tapes or walk at the mall during my lunch hour, which is good because it gets me up from my desk at work and gets my metabolism going. (I have low thyroid and need all the exercise I can get).

Between the tapes and mall walking, I walked 38 miles in March and 33 miles in April. This month I am off to a slow start, but after lunch today, I will have 5 miles so far. I think I'll shoot for about 35 miles this month.

take care,
Cathy

MichelleRae
05-05-2004, 05:19 PM
I did another 2 mile walk today making 9 may miles so far :) I feel wonderful!!
Michelle

Cathy - do yo take meds for your thryoid? I take Synthroid 50 mcg a day for mine but I just started the meds and have to go get levels checked again.

jules02
05-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi guys, Well I did another 2 miles today. I keep trying to do all 4 miles of the tape but time just slips by me sometimes. I plan to wake up a little earlier in the morning and go all 4 miles. Michelle, I see you just started South Beach - how do you like it??

cathyxxx
05-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Hey Michelle,

yes I started taking 1 grain of Armour Thyroid a few months ago. We just upped it to 2 grains a day. Some of my symptons seem better, not as much hair loss, less brain fog, not quite as cold, body temp is up a little bit (still not normal), etc., but of course, no weight loss yet.

I see you have lost 13 lbs - that is awesome!

take care,
cathy

MichelleRae
05-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Jules - I love south beach its great and pretty easy to stick to. Lots of different options lately I've been having Chicken breast stuffed with different vegetables and haven't had a bad one yet :) Believe it or not today my total calorie intake was 580 which I know is low but I'm stuffed lol.

Cathy yes I lost 12 lbs on atkins and then I went back to my doctor and she prescribed me meridia (weight loss rx) and wanted me to switch to South Beach cuz it allows more vegetables. I love it so far and I check the scale daily which I know I shouldnt do but I'm seeing great results :D

Have a wonderful night keep walking girls!!

blugirrl1
05-06-2004, 07:36 AM
well i am up to 6 miles total. :)
Michelle i have the hope on scale disease. be careful :p ( that was a typo was meant to be hop but i laughed so hard, seems to make more sense that way)
of course it was a good thing this a.m when it said 180 then i really liked . soon to be out of the 80's forever...

MichelleRae
05-06-2004, 10:32 AM
I did another 2 miles last night before bed so that brought me to 11 and I"m gonna do another 2 today.

Heather - I just can't help looking at the scale lol I'm doing so good It keeps me going. I havent gone off my diet except for 2 days when I was switching from atkins to Southbeach I did gain a few lbs back when I did that and when I started my meridia and Southbeach I weighed 242 and today I weighed it was 234 :) great eh? lol

Well I gotta get my kids up and running and fed. I'll talk to you guys later
mIchelle

MichelleRae
05-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Finished my 2 miles for today 13 miles so far!

jules02
05-06-2004, 07:15 PM
I did 3 miles this morning and will hopefully do another 1 mile tonight. Congrats on all the weight loss guys - you're a real inspiration. Keep walking girls!!

cathyxxx
05-07-2004, 04:31 PM
I did 2 miles at lunch, so that makes 7 miles so far.

jules02
05-07-2004, 04:42 PM
I did 2 miles this morning - yeah!!

MichelleRae
05-08-2004, 12:29 AM
I took today off, was wicked busy, although I'm sure I walked my fair share of miles while running my errands today ;) I'll be back in the saddle tomorrow morning I'll be good for 2 miles :) Have a wonderful evening/morning depending on when you're reading this ;)
Michelle

MichelleRae
05-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Count me in for another 2 miles making 15 so far!! I hope you all are doing well!!
Michelle

JLove
05-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I think the watp videos are awsome. I walk 1-3 miles a day. What does the South Beach Diet consist of?
JLove

MichelleRae
05-09-2004, 10:10 AM
I just wanted to post my official weigh in results for today I am down 5 lbs from my last weigh in last sunday and down 10 lbs since may 1st!!
Just wanted to share my good news. :)
Michelle

MichelleRae
05-09-2004, 08:25 PM
Heyyy where is everyone?? I got another 3 miles in today!!

Happy Mothers day!

Michelle

jules02
05-10-2004, 12:14 PM
That is awesome Michelle!! Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day. I walked 2 miles on Saturday. Took the day off on Sunday. I plan to get another 2 miles in tonight. You guys really keep me motivated!!

MichelleRae
05-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Another 2 miles today!! 20 for the month!
Michelle

mrs.beasley
05-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone,
I've been a lurker on 3fc for quite awhile and when I read this thread today I just had to join. I have the watp tapes and love them also. I have been using them for about 10 months. I just finnished the 4 mi. and had already done the 3mi. this morning. I haven't kept track this month but think I must be around 25mi. so far. I just recently started to walk twice a day - trying to jump start weight loss. I have lost approx. 43lbs. but would like to lose 70 total.
Can't wait to see how many miles I walk this month - I don't have a goal in mind.

This is a great thread! :)

cathyxxx
05-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Wow ya'll are doing great!
I did another 2 miles during lunch, so that makes 9 miles so far this month.
Cathy
:tread:

blugirrl1
05-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Michelle, congrats that is wonderful. :)
i haven't had any me time this week between school. the kids, and workers in the house for repairs. grr. but tomorrow am getting up at 5 so i can do 2 miles before any body wakes up or gets here. hopefully this week i can get back on schedule .

TwoPillows
05-10-2004, 06:12 PM
I know I am late to the game here. 10 days into May and all but I would love to keep consistent with WATP this way. I am on week 3 of WW and have been trying to do 10 miles a week of WATP. I think my goal for May will be 40 miles. I don't think I have ever been consistent with an exercise that long.

05/1-05/7 - 8 miles

MichelleRae
05-11-2004, 01:14 AM
Another 2 miles for me today 4 total for today, 22 for the month

Michelle

blugirrl1
05-11-2004, 02:56 PM
2 more today. 8 total. wow michelle you are a woman of motion :)

cathyxxx
05-11-2004, 03:45 PM
2 today - that makes 11 for May.
:tread:

MichelleRae
05-11-2004, 05:03 PM
lol heather!! I'm just working on getting the old me back, you want to know my sad, yet inspiring motivation, for awhile now (a few months) I've had this ever increasing fear of death, I can't help but feel that if I don't change something now I'm going to die, I have a whole bunch of health problems working against me and I figure if I eliminate the weight problem, hey theres one less thing I have to worry about, eeks I cry just writing that but its the truth, one day I just said to myself "self, (lol) I want to be there to see my kids graduate high school, to see them get married, to meet my grandchildren, and its not going to happen if you let all the illness get to you and keep you down." So that was the day before I started my new life, and I tell you what a difference it has made. Sorry to ramble on lol just wanted you to know my motivation.

Another 2 miles behind me 24 for the month.
Michelle

blugirrl1
05-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Michelle, at least you are being motivated. and moving.:) besides looking at your avatar picture i can see your motivation , what angels they look like.

mrs.beasley
05-11-2004, 09:50 PM
2 miles this morning, 4 miles this evening = 6miles for today.

31 miles for the month.

MichelleRae
05-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Thanks Heather they are my little Angels!! Well I was extra motivated again tonight so I did another 2 miles another 4 mile day for me, woohoo 26 miles for the month so far!!
Have a wonderful night
Michelle

blugirrl1
05-12-2004, 07:23 AM
all right michelle, ain't no way i am catching up with you this month. lol ( unless i do 8 mile day :p) but 2 more miles for me this morning. 10 total. and i am going to see about a mid afternoon 2 mile. fingers crossed.

MichelleRae
05-12-2004, 09:29 AM
hehe you dont have to keep up with me lol, I've just been pushing myself to do this so I can get healthy lol. Great for you on the 2 miles :) you are doing great!! Have a great day girly
Michelle

jules02
05-12-2004, 05:23 PM
You guys are such an inspiration - I hope to get in 2 miles tonight making it 15 so far. I'm trying my best to get at least 2 miles in everyday. I'm also trying to eat better and drink more water. I'm doing well on drinking alot of water but I like to snack - any nutritious snack ideas??

podmember
05-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Check out the Walk Diet using the WATP at http://www.lesliesansone.com/! :)

mrs.beasley
05-12-2004, 07:20 PM
3 mi. so far today -- hoping to do some more tonight.
34 mi. for the month.

jules02
05-12-2004, 07:27 PM
That's awesome mrs.beasley!!

cathyxxx
05-12-2004, 07:40 PM
2 more today - that makes 13 for May.

MichelleRae
05-13-2004, 12:57 AM
2 more miles for me, I only did one work out today but that makes 28 for May. Keep up all the hard work girls!!

Michelle

mrs.beasley
05-13-2004, 03:51 PM
3 mi. this morning and 4 mi. this afternoon = 7 mi. for the day.

41 mi. for the month.

Thanks for starting this thread Jules -- it's very motivating to be able to see how well we all are doing.

Keep up the walking everyone -- just think how fit we're becoming. :cool:

MichelleRae
05-13-2004, 06:59 PM
3 miles for me 31 for the month. :)

Michelle

jules02
05-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Hi guys, the weather here in Houston is dreary which makes me want to just veg out and watch TV but I keep telling myself that I need to stay motivated. I usually do 2 or 3 miles in the morning. The past few days I've been working late into the night and barely conscious enough to get ready for work in the morning.....much less wanting to work out. So I told myself on days off I much exercise at night. I'm so tempted to just sit and watch TV when I get home but then I read how well you all are doing and that just motivates me to do it. Thanks for the inspiration....sorry for rambling on.
julie

jules02
05-13-2004, 07:20 PM
I need a proof reader - I meant to say "on my days off I MUST exercise at night".
take care, julie

blugirrl1
05-14-2004, 01:06 PM
4 miles today. had to double up since past two days were spent laying around sick.
total : 12

mrs.beasley
05-14-2004, 04:33 PM
So far today 3 mi. hope to do more but am really exhausted - so don't know.

44 mi. for the month.

I also ride the exercise bike for a 1/2 hour each day -- a little over 9 mi. :dizzy:

Walked 4 mi. this evening.

Today's total - 7 mi.
Total for the month - 48 mi.

jules02
05-15-2004, 12:47 PM
2 miles today so far

MichelleRae
05-15-2004, 02:25 PM
4 miles for me today :) 35 for the month

Michelle

elizabook
05-15-2004, 10:55 PM
I have asked others this question but can't seem to get an answer. I see you all talking about miles you've walked and I just want to know: How do I know? How can I tell how many miles I've gone? For that matter, how can I tell how many mph I'm walking? I know that I walk at a semi-brisk, comfortable pace. My heart rate rises and I breathe a little heavier. Can anybody help me here?

MichelleRae
05-16-2004, 12:36 AM
We use a set of work out videos/dvds called Walk away the pounds with leslie sansone, you can buy them at target/wal-mart I think they are the greatest :). The workout walk will tell you how many miles you've walked I personally use the one, two, and three mile dvd's and they are wonderful if I feel like walking more I double one walk with another ie. the 2 mile with the 3 mile for a 5 mile walk.
Hope this helps
Michelle

cathyxxx
05-16-2004, 03:40 PM
Hi Elizabook - if I am walking outside, I go in my car and drive the area first and clock with my odometer a mile, 2 miles, etc. so that I will know how far I have walked. Also a lot of parks with walking tracks will have markers that tell you "so many times around the track is 1 mile" etc. Also the mall has markers on the wall telling you how far around it is for the mall walkers.

If you are walking a mile in 15 minutes, then you are walking 4 mph. If you are walking a mile in 13 minutes - well then I would need a calculator to figure that one.

But yes, the WATP tapes that we are using tell you when you have done 1 mile, 2, 3 and 4, so it makes it really easy.

hope this helps,
cathy

MichelleRae
05-16-2004, 04:31 PM
a whopping 6 mile walk for me today!!! I played the 3 mile walk back to back!! WOW what a workout!! 41 miles for the month.

Michelle

willow_1
05-16-2004, 09:38 PM
I'm just starting to try moving again. Have a bad hip and was put on a different medication which seems to be helping.
I have some of the WATP tapes too, and like the 3-mile one especially.

I just looked at the calendar and realized that if I use my tape only on week days, I can still get in 33 miles for this month.
Plus I'd like to ride my exercise bike a half hour a day, but will have to see how that goes too.

I think this thread is a wonderful idea. See you all tomorrow.

mrs.beasley
05-16-2004, 11:13 PM
I was out of town this weekend but managed to get a little walking in.

Sat. 2 mi.
Sun. 2 mi.

52 mi. for the month.

MichelleRae
05-17-2004, 12:49 PM
I did 2 miles this morning and I'm planning another 2 miles this afternoon :)

43 for the month

Michelle

MichelleRae
05-17-2004, 04:19 PM
ok I just finished 3 more miles!! Woo hoo I feel soooo good! 46 for the month!

How are you guys today?

Michelle

blugirrl1
05-17-2004, 07:53 PM
Not so good Michelle, got 2 more in, think that makes me 13 for hte month? but i have a busy week with school so i am just locking myself in the house, and walking, studying, walking and writing papers. :p i must i must get back on track. :)

MichelleRae
05-17-2004, 08:11 PM
Heather I look at it this way, some exercise is better than none!! You are doing great!! Hopefully life slows down for you a little bit :) Keep it up girly!
Michelle

cathyxxx
05-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Hey Gang!

I did a 2 mile WATP tape at 6 pm tonight! yea me! it is almost impossible to do this at night when I get home so I feel good about getting it in.

That makes 15 miles for May.

Cathy

cathyxxx
05-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Michelle, I truly admire that you walk in the morning and then again in the afternoon. YOU GO GIRL! that is awesome!

I was wondering how long have you been walking twice a day? and if you have a bunch of Leslie Sansonne's walking tapes that you swap out for variety so that you don't get bored doing the same ole ones???

I think I have most of her tapes, but I believe she has some new ones coming out (or already out) that I haven't checked into you.

And have you lost 18 lbs since May 1??? just noticed your stats! that would be an awesome weight loss in a short period of time, but you are really exercising your buns off (literally). you are doing GREAT!!!!

hugs,
Cathy

mrs.beasley
05-17-2004, 10:40 PM
3 mi. today -- bought a new set of watp dvds -- the ones with the stretchies.

55 mi. for the month. :)

MichelleRae
05-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Cathy I have been walking twice a day for about 2.5 weeks maybe a little less but I'm just feeling soo compelled to push myself. I actually have lost 18 lbs since April 8 lol I started on atkins then switched to south beach at my doctors request, but I also take weight loss meds I've been on them since the first of may the day I started sb and I lost 10lbs in one week and 11 lbs total. It is a prescription drug though and along with all my exercising and eating right I'm really starting to feel good again :)

I have leslies 1,2 and 3 mile dvd and I just mix and match to how I'm feeling like somedays if I feel tired or hurting I'll do the one mile twice, or the 2 mile and the one mile, and so on and so forth, its not so much the distance that matters but the time that you do it so even if its the easy mile I'm still burning approximately the same calories as I would doing a little bit faster walk. I don't know what it is lately though but I just want to do more and more I hope that this doesnt turn into some horrible obsession lol. Oh I forgot, when you have the dvd's it is so easy to just go back to the beginning and redo a segment with no time lost I love it. The WATP is the most versatile exercise program I have found with out making me feel like a fool for leaping all over the living room aerobics style lol I'm not a dancer never will be ;)

Keep up the work girly
Michelle

leigh83
05-18-2004, 12:36 AM
MichelleR- I too lost 12 pounds on Atkins and I just felt so GREASY all the time! So you like South Beach better? Can you eat as many veggies as you want or what? I wonder what would happen if I keep doing Atkins but eat as many veggies as I want? I just might find out. :) I can't imagine it slowing down my weight loss. I mean they are veggies! Jeeze! lol

willow_1
05-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Well, I didn't get as much exercise in as I had planned on, but I got about a mile of walking in.
I woke late, and then cleaned and froze strawberries and rhubarb. Then I had some computer stuff to fix. Then I couldn't go to my church exercises because my son called and asked me to babysit while he went to a class. Then after babysitting I went shopping, so I had a busy day anyway, just no way to measure distance moved.

Sounds like you're all doing great. See ya tomorrow.

cathyxxx
05-18-2004, 02:23 PM
I did 3 miles during my lunchhour.
That makes 18 miles for May.

cathyxxx
05-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Michelle, thanks for the explanation! you are doing great!
Exercise can be addicting can't it!
I'm so glad you're feeling good again!
AWESOME!
cathy

mrs.beasley
05-18-2004, 08:23 PM
3 mi. this morning and 4 mi. this evening.

62 mi. this month.

MichelleRae
05-19-2004, 12:03 AM
4 miles for me today! 50 for the month :)

Keep up the great work girls!!

Michelle

blugirrl1
05-19-2004, 09:27 AM
I didn't WATP yesterday opted for just walking instead. :) 4 miles. 17 total this month?
everyone seems to be doing wonderful.
leigh : I refuse to think veggies are bad. they are so yummy and good for you. it is all in the way you cook them. but give me fresh veggies any day.

cathyxxx
05-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Was wondering if anybody has tried the new Leslie Sansone dvd called "You Can Do Abs, Yoga, Pilates". I figure it must be good since it's Leslie, but I think it's about $30 and would love to hear from somebody that has it. I have been wanting to do some yoga & pilates and figure Leslie would keep it simple and fairly easy??? I think I heard that the abs are done on an exercise ball, which I got awhile back, so this may be a tape I really want to get.
Just wondering.
Cathy

mrs.beasley
05-19-2004, 03:27 PM
3 mi. this morning and 4 mi. this afternoon -- 7 mi. for the day.

69 mi. for the month.

Can I ask a ? -- to get the info. under your posts (exp. sw/cw/gw) do you put that in the signature space on your profile page --- or what??? :?:

jules02
05-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone!! I've been MIA for the past few days because I've been a little under the weather the past few days. I did 1 mile Sunday and 1 one Monday. I'm starting to feel a little better so I plan to get my behind up early tommorrow morning and get in at least 2 miles which should bring me to 19 miles for the month so far. My goal for the month is 40 so I need to get in gear. I was also curious about Pilates - has anyone ever tried it?? I sometimes watch "The View" and Star Jones has been doing it for a few months now and she says she loves it. You can tell it is really helping her. I'm sure she also has a private chef that cooks her healthy meals all day long which has also helped her lose weight. lol Keep up the good work ladies!!

MichelleRae
05-20-2004, 01:36 AM
2 miles for me today I just couldnt get my butt going to do more lol but at least I got some in lol so 52 for the month. Hope you are feeling better jules!!

Michelle

cathyxxx
05-20-2004, 01:57 PM
I did 2 miles at lunchtime today.
That makes 20 miles for May.

mrs.beasley
05-20-2004, 03:34 PM
7 mi. for today.

76 mi. for the month.

:dizzy:

jules02
05-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Michelle - I am feeling a little better - thanks for asking!! Don't worry about only doing 2 miles - you are doing GREAT girl!!

Cathy - Thanks for letting us know about Leslie's new line of videos - I have been wanting to add a little pilates into my workout so I found the "You Can Do Pilates" video online at Best Buy and it was only $9.99 and they didn't even charge for shipping. Apparently this set of Leslie's videos/dvds are not available in their stores, yet. I should have it by early next week so I'll let you know how it is. They also had the Abs and Yoga videos/dvds. Best Buy was a little cheaper than a few other stores I priced.

Mrs Beasley - Way to go with 76 miles!! Keep it up!! As far as the info under the posts - I'm not sure. I'll try to find out for ya.

Take care everyone!!

MichelleRae
05-20-2004, 07:37 PM
3 miles for me today but i may do another 2 a little later I'm not sure I kinda feel like I'm slacking lol. 55 for the month.

To get your signature go to the cp panel up at the top in the tool bar and go to edit signature and you put what you want in the box :) hope that helps sorry not more detailed.

Jules good to hear that you are feeling a bit better!!

Cathy - yes thank you for letting us know about those videos I'm gonna see if hubby will let me buy the abs video! Keep up the good work girl!

Ya'll have a great night!!
Michelle

mrs.beasley
05-20-2004, 08:52 PM
testing signature -- hope it works.

Thanks for the help Michelle.

Jules, I was looking at Leslie's pilates tape also. I've never done pilates and was wondering how hard it would be. I think of myself as exercised challenged -- not up to doing anything too difficult. ;)

jules02
05-20-2004, 10:08 PM
Mrs. Beasley - I read a few reviews of Leslie's Pilates video and they all said it was very basic, not very difficult and perfect for beginners. When I get it I'll let you know how hard it is. The signature worked - YEAH!!

MichelleRae
05-21-2004, 02:40 PM
2 miles again for me today so far I don't know if I"ll get more in. I'm slowing down a bit this week so my body doesnt become too accostomed to getting so much exercise that it becomes ineffective, yes I read that somewhere ;)
Hope you all are having a great day!!
Michelle

mrs.beasley
05-21-2004, 08:58 PM
4 mi. today.

80 mi. for the month.

I really wanted to do more today but my body says "no way!" Oh well, tomorrow is another day. :)

MichelleRae
05-23-2004, 03:16 PM
well no walking for me this weekend I'm just sick as a dog and can barely move :( which I hate because I was looking forward to some 6 mile days :( Oh well I'll catch up next week :) I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

jules02
05-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Michelle - sorry to hear that you are not feeling well - I hope you feel better soon!!
Take care

Julie

mrs.beasley
05-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Michelle -- sorry to hear that you're not feeling well :( -- take care of yourself. You'll be up and walking again before you know it. :smug:

MichelleRae
05-23-2004, 11:04 PM
Thank you all for your well wishes!! I hope I'll be a bit better tomorrow so I can at least get a walk in :)
Have a wonderful evening!
Michelle

mrs.beasley
05-24-2004, 09:27 PM
4 mi. today.

84 mi. for the month.

Didn't get any walking done over the weekend -- bad me! My son has come down with strep throat and I'm hoping I won't get it too.

Michelle -- Hope you're feeling better today.

Christian
05-24-2004, 11:27 PM
Hi huys! I too do the WATP tapes, and LOVE them :D May I join in too???

Did 2 miles today :yes:

MichelleRae
05-25-2004, 12:33 AM
Hey Christie!! Jump on in girl!!

2 miles for me today man taking 2 days off even for being sick is killer on the stamina let me tell ya lol.

Mrs. Beas. - Yes I am feeling much better today, rest was just what the doctor ordered. Now I'm on the short and narrow path to a full recovery. I just feel good that I was able to get a walk in!!

Michelle

jules02
05-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone!! Sorry I haven't posted in a while - work has been so hectic. Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. I did 2 miles today. I still haven't received my Leslie Pilates video. I'm so anxious to see what it's all about.
Michelle and Mrs.Beasley - you are doing great!!
Christian - welcome to the group!! What are your favorite WATP tapes??
Talk to ya soon!!

Julie

mrs.beasley
05-25-2004, 10:53 PM
2 mi. today.

86 mi. for the month.

Welcome Christian! :)

MichelleRae
05-25-2004, 11:18 PM
3 miles for me today! 62 for the month!!

Hope you all are well!!

Michelle

cathyxxx
05-26-2004, 09:07 AM
Good Morning Gang! my youngest son got his driver's license yesterday, so I don't have to bring him to school in the mornings any longer, which means that I can get back to doing my Leslie Sansone WATP tapes first thing in the morning before I get ready for work.

Soooooooooo this morning I got up at 5:00 and did a 3 mile WATP tape with handweights! :cp: wooooooooohoooooooo I feel good!

That makes 23 miles for May.

Cathy

cathyxxx
05-26-2004, 09:09 AM
Julie - please be sure to let us know what you think of the new Pilates tape by Leslie. I am anxious to hear what people think about them.

thanks,
Cathy

mrs.beasley
05-26-2004, 07:58 PM
4 mi. for today.

90 mi. for the month. :cool:

jules02
05-26-2004, 08:23 PM
still waiting for my Leslie Pilates tape - will let you know how it is as soon as I get it. I am waiting IMpatiently!!

Julie

KittyMilk
05-26-2004, 10:29 PM
Well I got my WATP tapes last week and today I did my first 1 mile! They are really fun! If you have another challenge next month count me in!

MichelleRae
05-27-2004, 12:12 AM
Hey girls!!!

I had my 1st weigh inwith my doctor since starting Meridia and I've lost 16 lbs since they saw me on April 30th Woooo Hooooo!! They were really impressed with how hard I am working and how dedicated I am!! Thought I would share the good news :)

2 miles for me tonight!!

Jules - hehe I bet the suspense is killing you ;) Let us know girl!!

Kitty - Jump on in I'm sure we'll have a thread next month too!!

Cathy - Way to go girl on the exercise!!!

Well I need to go to bed You all have a wonderful evening!!
Michelle

cathyxxx
05-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Up at 5:00 am again today and did a 2 mile WATP tape with handweights! :cb:

That makes 25 miles for May.

Cathy

cathyxxx
05-27-2004, 10:20 AM
Michelle! CONGRATS!
YOU GO GIRL!
I know you feel great! it is obvious in your posts!
16 lbs loss since April 30 is AWESOME!
keep up the good work!

:cp: :cheer: :cp:

hugs,
cathy

jules02
05-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi everyone - 2 miles today, I hope to do more tonight.
Michelle - That is awesome news!! 16 lbs is a great accomplishment!!

Kitty - I will definitely start a thread for June.

Talk to ya soon!! julie

mrs.beasley
05-27-2004, 04:20 PM
3 mi. so far today.

93 mi. for the month.

Michelle 16lbs. --- that's great!! Keep it up. :D

jules02
05-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Mrs. Beas - 93 miles WOW!! That will be me one day!!

MichelleRae
05-27-2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks everyone for your support!!! I'm planning a 2 mile walk here in a few I just need to let dinner settle otherwise I'll peter out halfway through lol.

Keep up the great work guys!!!
Michelle

MichelleRae
05-27-2004, 10:05 PM
3 miles for me today!!! 67 for the month!!!

I hope you all are having a good night!!
Michelle

cathyxxx
05-28-2004, 10:54 AM
I did 2 miles this morning before work. :cb:
I love doing this first thing in the morning.
I feel great and it keeps my eating on track all day too!

That makes 27 miles in May!
Cathy

mrs.beasley
05-28-2004, 03:48 PM
4 mi. this afternoon.

97 mi. this month.

I'm headed out of town for the weekend but am taking my watp tapes with -so hopefully I'll be able to get some walking in.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

cathyxxx
05-29-2004, 10:35 AM
Good Morning Gang! :wave:

I went for a 30 minute - 2 mile walk around my block this morning. Boy is it hot and humid here in Louisiana, but it sure was nice when the wind would blow and I would find some shade in the road.

Anybody else exercising today?

May = 29 miles

MichelleRae
05-29-2004, 12:12 PM
I did a 2 mile walk today too!! 69 miles for the month!!
I'm planning another 2 miles or so for later today sometime. My kids wouldnt let me get in any more earlier they were just screaming at me lol.

Keep up the great work guys!!
Michelle

KittyMilk
05-29-2004, 07:22 PM
2 miles today. They are good tapes not too hard - I like that!

MichelleRae
05-31-2004, 01:10 AM
2 miles for me today :) 71 for the month!
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Michelle

mrs.beasley
05-31-2004, 04:14 PM
1 mi. on the treadmill on Sat.
4 mi. today.

102 mi. for the month of May. :dizzy:

MichelleRae
05-31-2004, 04:30 PM
2 miles for me today! 73 miles for the month.

Michelle

cathyxxx
06-01-2004, 09:44 AM
I took off Sunday. Yesterday, Monday, I cleaned house for 5 hours.
I think that counts as 2 miles but I won't add it! ;)
but I definitely count cleaning my house as exercise!

Since I am up in the mornings now doing my WATP tapes I am hoping to get in more miles in June, but I don't think I'll ever catch up with Michelle or Ms. Beasley! WOW!