Low Carb Frequently Asked Questions - Low Carb Snacks Question

View Full Version : Low Carb Snacks Question

Tahoe
04-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Because my husband and I are just getting started on low carbs we have lots of questions and lots of things we are looking up. My biggest question that I struggle finding an answer for is what are some suggested LOW CARB items we can have for snacks? I think we have our meals figured out but are in needy of snack items and I am at a loss. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you share with us.

StarPrincess
04-30-2004, 01:04 PM
Tahoe - What plan are you on? I recommend checking out the FAQ on the Atkins thread. It's applicable for any low carb. Things to know, watch out for, etc.

LOVE2C135
04-30-2004, 01:56 PM
Anyone know the answer to the sugar alcohol issue? Can you really count the sugar alcohol against total carbs? I'm a little suspicious and have heard people say it's a lie the manufacurers tell to get you to buy, and then I've heard others say that it's legitimate to deduct the S.A. from total carbs.

Any thoughts?

StarPrincess
04-30-2004, 02:23 PM
I personally count every stinking sugar alcohol. I learned the hard way that they really slow me down.

As for the whole scoop on sugar alcohols, check the FAQ on the Atkin's thread. ;)