Support Groups - Canada Day Challenge!

View Full Version : Canada Day Challenge!

Miss.Procrastinator
04-27-2004, 02:46 PM
So I've called myself Miss.Procrastinator.....

I thought I would get my butt into gear and I joined the gym but I can make an excuse everyday not to go. Whether it's the weather, my long day at work, homework or work preperation - I'm the excuse queen. I mentally beat myself up before I go to bed because I didn't eat well or exercise that day, but when I wake up I still don't do anything.

I have tried to stick to diet plans but I give up if I don't see results. I have stuck 90 pounds on my body in only two years, the only positive thing about the first 40 pounds was because I quit smoking after 14yrs. The next 50 pounds came from making excuses for not smoking ie: I am substituting food for smoking. Whatever, I was telling myself that it was ok. Ummmm nope - not okay.

Anyways, I'm at my highest and I want to get back to 160pds. It's not the 'model' weight nor the dream weight but it's my healthy feel good about me weight and that is my new goal. Now that I've reached that end of my rope maybe I can start climbing back to the top.

I'm calling this thread Canada Day Challenge, although I welcome all my American friends to join as well. My parents are visiting me for the week of Canada day and I would love to be able to show them a healthier me.

Goal: July 1 (Canada Day) - 235pds

JEO1982
04-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Is the challenge to lose 15 pounds by July 1? Or are we each supposed to set our own? I would like to take your challenge but just wanted to know how it is going to work. Thanks! :D

Miss.Procrastinator
04-27-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi ya Jenn!

Thanks for replying to the thread and welcome aboard! I set my personal goal for 15pds by July 1st. The amount of weight you would like to take off is souly up to you and what you feel you can realistically accomplish. I have realized from past experience that you body decides if it wants to lose the weight or the inches so I suggest taking measurements as well, I will have my fiance measure me tonight. Oh that sounds funny. LOL. After July 1st we can move on and take this challenge further!

cat90
04-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi Miss P and Jenn :wave:

Count me in :yes: i've got relatives coming over in August and i want to show them a new and improved me :lol: i'm gonna try for 20lbs (10lbs per month for May + June) a bit ambitious but i've done it before when i'm really "serious" :lol3: maybe we can get serious together Miss P cos i know where you are coming from with your attitude towards this ;)

Starting Weight 169lbs / April 27th '04
Canada Day Challenge 149lbs :D

Miss.Procrastinator
04-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Welcome Cat90! With alot of hard work your goal is realistically attainable, ambitious is good! I hear you about being "serious", as I take the train home from work and look at this beautiful BC sunshine I know that I need to keep myself focused because I have a feeling summer is coming early! Today I spent an hour and a half at the gym before going off to work. I have only gone three times since this week to the gym and I have had my membership since february - hence the name.....HA! I am going to start off with a promise to myself on going to the gym atleast three times a week, but if I go more than that *props* to me!!!

JEO1982
04-28-2004, 10:01 AM
15# sounds good to me...So I will set my sights on seeing 197 by Canada Day...Just in time to celebrate with a big ol' :burger: on the 4th of July :rofl: Just kidding....but it would be nice :goodscale

So 197 it is....I'll keep you posted and look forward to reading about your successes! :goodluck:

:cheer: Go Chicks, Go! :cheer:

cat90
04-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Awww Well at least you're going now Miss P :lol: better late than never as they say ;) sounds like you're making up for it too :yikes: 1.5hrs !! Well Done. Is'nt the weather wonderful? i just love it :flow1:

Hi Jenn, glad you're in with us :D

I'm doing OK today although i know i could do better :lol: i'm missing chocolate after a major Easter Binge :lol: but i'll get into the swing of things i'm sure :)

JEO1982
04-28-2004, 08:24 PM
Off to a good start...I've had over 4 16.9 oz bottles of water today :D And after work I went to the gym, then came home and did my "Bellydance: Fitness for Beginners - Hips, Buns & Thighs" DVD....2 workouts...Now it's time to relax.... ;)

cat90
04-28-2004, 11:35 PM
Jeez Jenn :yikes: i'll say you're off to a good start :D :lol:

Miss.Procrastinator
04-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Bellydancing!! Cool Beanz! Now that's something I'd love to try, although my belly looks a bit like a jello giggler at the moment. I didn't go to the gym today at all, but I did go for a nice fast walk up hill during my hour lunch break. I am trying really hard to cut down on my carbs and sugars and kick up the protien but it's payday on friday so this next few days the cupboards are kinda bare expect the usual leftovers and crackers and breads. I have a killer grocery list made up for the weekend so I am going to have a healthy kitchen once again. Cheers dollz and I'll catch ya tomorrow. Nighterz!!

JEO1982
04-29-2004, 09:48 AM
The Bellydance tapes are fun even though I too look like I could be made of jello. ;) I only do them when I am home alone because I don't want an audience....

And Miss P., I just wanted to tell you that it is almost exciting to 'hear' someone not from Massachusetts use the saying "coolbeans"....I say that all the time and when I say it in front of out-of-staters I usually get a 'say-what?' look.... :lol:

cat90
04-29-2004, 09:29 PM
I would'nt have a clue where to start with a belly dancing tape :lol: i'm not very co-ordinated and i'm just useless trying to follow a step routine its something to do with watching a mirror image that screws me up :crazy: i put the wrong foot and arm out everytime :lol3: i need to watch the person alongside of me if that makes sense? not the one in front :spin:

Well i screwed up today :( i went out shopping and i'd only had some weetabix for brekky so i bought some caramilk choc eggs while i was out :rollpin: i had planned my meals for today too but i was so hungry when i got home that i had something else instead :lol: the trouble is i can't decide which plan to follow and i keep trying something else after a few days :rolleyes: i don't really give it a chance maybe i'll have to go back to calorie counting :dunno:

krissyp77
04-29-2004, 09:51 PM
undefinedundefined
Hi all,

Im new to this website, but would like to join you ladies in this challenge. Im the heavist ive ever weighed and am so tired of different diets that dont work. Just wondering if any of you have any tips on how to begin...any proven diets or good habits to follow.. ;)

Miss.Procrastinator
04-30-2004, 02:27 AM
Welcome Krissy! I hear ya about being at your heaviest and sick of all the diets. I am not going to suggest anything but exercise and portion control. I am definitely no expert or nutritionist, but from previous experience 'diets' are not realistic. What we all have to do is a LIFESTYLE change, meaning eating healthy with appropriate servings and LOTS of exericse. I put on a magority of my weight because I was home all day with nothing to do but graze. Now that I'm working and going to school I wish I had all that free time again so that I could spend quality and quantity time at the gym. I will say that the diets out there like Atkins and South Beach will work if you stick to it, but do you really want to say good-bye to carbs as a healthy lifestyle? Nuh uh! I am doing this... cutting down on carbs and starches after 2pm, when I'm less active, kicking up the protien and eating more veggies. I am cutting back all sugar, but I will eat fruit. That is one beef - no pun intended - that I have with Atkins.

I went to the gym tonight before Survivor - WHY WHY WHY is Boston Rob still sitting there???? Anyhoooooo.... I am not a scale junkie, my scale is actually busted, not from me, ha! I don't care if you all weigh yourself weekly or daily or monthly - that is your responsibilty to yourself and your business. I'll be posting mine in my signature when I see a difference like 5pds. I started this mainly for support, encouragment and a place to escape. Trust me, any anxiety, social issue or self esteem problem you've felt is mutual and typing about it is sometimes the best medicine. Anyways ladies, thanks for being a part of this journey with me and I know that in just a few months time we will all be spiritually, mentally and physically healthier!!!

Cheers to you all!

JEO1982
04-30-2004, 11:39 AM
:wave: Hi Krissy! I can't say anything about diets because I'm such a picky eatter I find it hard to stick to a particular plan, I'm just watching what I eat and trying to make healthier choices with smaller portions and no more junk food...however I do have one small piece of advise I'd like to give you, and that is to set small, attainable weight loss goals, like 5 or 10 pounds at a time especially to begin with, so you are encouraged by reaching your goals instead of discouraged thinking about how much more you have left to lose...And reward yourself when you reach your goals with something small like a manicure or something...Something to keep you feeling like this :cb: about your weight loss journey and not like this :stress:

I look forward to hearing updates from everyone as you all work toward your personal Canada Day goal! Have a great day! :flow2:

krissyp77
04-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Well thanks for the advice..Thats exactly what im trying to do is eat healthier..change my lifestyle a bit. The problem is that im off work right now with a back injury, so its hard to just go to the gym and give it my all. I go 3 times a week. I walk on the tread mill for 15mins. Then stairclimber for 15...then bike for 15. But i dont feel any changes...and its frustrating...By Canada day i would like to loseabout 10 pounds...I think thats acheivable....
Yes, and what is up with survivor...watch out for that Amber...

cat90
05-01-2004, 02:27 PM
Hiya Girls :wave:

Hello Krissy ;) i think you'll do fine if you carry on with what you are doing :D

Miss P and Jenn, good advice there :cp: i'm a scale hopper and you're right it is such a downer when you don't see changes fast. I think i'll take my measurements this weekend along with my weight and then forget about it until June 1st weigh-in :D

Miss.Procrastinator
05-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Great attitude ladies!! Unfortunately I have to make this short. I have had this horrible flu that is going around my work since friday afternoon. Good news is lack of appetite, bad news is feeling terrible. Anyways, I just wanted to say "hi" and I hope everyone is having a great weekend. As for my journal for this weekend - I haven't done a thing! ha! But my eating is good, crackers and broth - yum yum. Enjoy the sunshine tomorrow is another monday!

JEO1982
05-03-2004, 09:43 AM
Good morning ladies!

Hope that you are feeling better soon Miss P! I hate being sick, though you're right about the lack of appetite :lol:

I was a little disappointed in my progress this past week after putting so much effort in...I exercised everyday and stayed on my plan all week...but nonetheless I lost less than a pound, 0.8# to be exact....Hopefully this week goes better.... :crossed:

cat90
05-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Hi Girls,

Hope you feel better soon Miss P :D

Jenn, at least you are losing ;) Well Done :cp:

I was extremely bad over the weekend :devil: a case of emotional eating :lol: but its over with now and i'm back on the wagon this morning ;) i've planned todays meals, now i've just got to eat what i've written down and ONLY what i've written down :lol:

JEO1982
05-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Thanks Cat! I have to admit that I am like addicted to weighing myself, so I did it again this afternoon when I was at the gym, even though I know it is better to weigh in the morning...I was at 210.5 which would make it 1.5# down, 13.5 to go... I can so do this....

Thanks for the motivation ladies! :D

Miss.Procrastinator
05-04-2004, 01:15 PM
WTG Jenn!!! A loss is a loss whether it's .8 or 1.5 so pat yourself on the back girlie.

Cat - I can relate to the emotional eating bingefest. I use to have food as my security blanket, I am still trying to stop doing it. Good for you that you're back on track! And remember if you need to vent come on here and type type type so your fingers are releasing what's on your mind instead of opening the fridge!

Krissy - I am impressed with your motivation. I am having enough of a hard time dragging my big booty to the gym without any back injuries - props to you and keep your chin up, just because you don't feel any changes now doesn't mean they won't be there in six weeks.

Gym gossip: I was told by a friend of mine who lost 20 pounds in about 3 months and went down two dress sizes, that you don't go by the time on the cardio but the calories burnt. If you plan on eating 2200 calories a day, try to burn off atleast 1100 at the gym. I have yet to prove this theory but starting tomorrow I am going back to the gym and I'm going to give it a whirl - I guess I better count the calories I plan on eating. Does anyone know a good site that counts calories for you? Anyways, I better get ready for work. Keep the good work up ladies, we're going to be bikini ready before summer ends!!!
:devil: WHAAHOOOO!

JEO1982
05-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Thanks Miss P.! :D

BTW, I great site for counting your calories and keeping track of your weight/weight is www.fitday.com

cat90
05-04-2004, 05:35 PM
Hi Girls,

I stayed on plan yesterday :cp: i was an absolute :angel: and i plan on being one again today ;)

Miss P, does your friend live at the gym? :lol: because i don't know of any exercise that will burn that amount of calories :yikes: and i also read an article that said to not have too much faith in what these machines tell you that you've burned :( i know i don't :nono: i just use them as a rough guide its getting the exercise thats more important anyway.

Jenn, i've started weighing later in the day too cos i always weigh about 3lbs less in the morning :rollpin: and i figure i'm only kidding myself by taking that weight.

JEO1982
05-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Cat- You aren't kinding yourself...that is your weight before you had anything to eat or drink for the day which is what makes you 3# heavier in the afternoon....

Personally, I am just a scale addict and I weigh myself all the time...I just can't stop...Today I went to the gym again and I made an excuse to myself to give me a reason to re-weigh...I was like "I wonder if I weigh any less since I spent half the day in the ladies room" (All that water mixed with a cup of coffee caught up with me :coffee: )...I didn't actually expect anything different but low and behold, it read 209.5...maybe I should have a cup of coffee everyday :lol:

cat90
05-04-2004, 09:40 PM
:lol: thats funny! i'm addicted too and my scale is parked right next to the loo and i hop on it several times a day ( the loo and the scale :lol3: ) what i meant by i'm kidding myself is that we don't walk around all day with an empty stomach so i don't feel like its a 'true' weight in the morning :shrug: just one of my little excentricities :lol:

redballoon
05-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Hi there Miss P and others. I like the sound of a July 1 goal date and would like to come aboard.
Hope you don't mind but I'm used to kilos and that's what my scale is in so I'm going to use that as my measure. I want to lose 2 kilos of pure fat each month as far as I need to go before getting some good muscle definition. I weight train heavily.

Right now, I hover around 71 kgs. I think I'll make by goal weight by July 1 an optimistic 65!

Hope to hear lots from you all.

:wave:

redballoon
05-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Well, people, Wednesday is almost over and I am not considering it a success. It COULD have been a lot worse though and I made some saves, albeit half-a$$ed ones.

I was so bogged down with work that I couldn't get to the gym. I even packed my bag and starting walking there but turned around as I realized I just wouldn't have enough time to get the work done if I went. So good intentions. . .

Eating was good until I realized that, because I couldn't wear the calories off in the gym, I was stuck with an excess. About to tear my hair out after staring at the computer screen all day, I broke down and ate even more, but did not, I repeat, did NOT, run to the conveni to buy beer and dull my already benumbed brain, much as I wanted to. :yes:

So, I'm going to go for a better calorie count tomorrow. How are y'all doing?

JEO1982
05-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Cat - I have my scale in the same place and every time I'm in there, I'm onthe scale :lol: Fortunately I am at work all day and can't weigh myself every time I'm in the ladies' room - I think I would have weighed myself 100 times yesterday :lol3: The reason I like to take my weight in the morning is because that's the only time it's "just me" and that is high enough I don't want to add what my breakfast and lunch and 4 bottles of water weigh to that....that doesn't stop me from stepping on the scale though :lol:

Red - :wave: Welcome to our challenge! I'm not sure how many pounds are in a kilo, but I'm sure it is an attainable goal. :goodluck:

krissyp77
05-05-2004, 01:07 PM
Hi Ladies
Thanks for the comment Miss.P. I to am a scale jumper. I never was before i started working out though. Ive only started working out in just the past 3 weeks or so. Since then ive been on the scale everytime i go to the gym. Weird..i dont know why i do it. Its not motivating because i havent lost any weight..if anything i gained a pound or two. So why beat myself up by jumping on it..?? Ive made a new rule for myself...only once a week will i weigh myself. Every Friday. Then hopefully it will be more motivating if something has changed.

Height 5'6"
SW:194
CW:194
Canada Day GW:184?

Miss.Procrastinator
05-05-2004, 05:02 PM
Good Wednesday Everyone!

Welcome Red!!

Well I jumped on the scale today at the gym and I am a 3 pounds lost happy chick. I believe alot of that has to do with my being sick so I won't break out the champagne, but I am going to do everything I can to keep it off.

Cat - Actually my friend DOES live at the gym! HA!

At the gym I pushed it to the ultimate I could go. I was there for an hour and 45 mins and burnt 600 calories. It's actually not that hard if you up your speed and levels. I feel awesome!!! Anyways, I'm off to work, hope you all have a great day.

redballoon
05-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi there. It's 5 a.m. and I just wanted to say thanks for the hellos.
Jenn, a kilo is 2.2 lbs. Losing 5 lbs of pure fat is not as easy as it sounds. It crawls off. And because I work out very heavy I need strength. Losing even just a little weight really cuts into the motivation to slog iron around. But I am determined!!

Scale masters! I get on every morning and write it down, make graphs, and like to look at them. I've always loved graphs since I was a kid and seeing that downward tendency is a great feeling. They're good too because it's hard to realize there is a tendency when it's so small and you're not writing things down. This way, with the graphs, I can see when weight tends to go up and even plateaus usually disappear in 4 or 5 days but if I didn't have that record there to look at, I'm sure it would seem like weeks. It does anyhow, I just can handle it when I think it's going to drop soon. Maybe you should give it a try.

Bye for now!

cat90
05-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi Girls :wave: Hi Redballoon glad you joined us ;)

:lol: I walked into that did'nt i? Miss P :o so what did you do to burn all those calories? i'm really interested in this :nose: i think the most my treadmill has ever told me i've burned in one session is 400 and i did'nt believe that :lol:

Red, i like using a graph too :) and i have one printed out ready to use ;) i printed it out ages ago and then gained some weight over Easter and after Easter :rofl: so, since i'd already written the weights on it i'll have to wait until i get to 164lbs again before i can start to use it :lol:

Hide that scale Krissy :) i sometimes stuff mine in the closet and i'm such an addict that i'll go and fish it out sometimes :rofl: (well, most of the time)

JEO1982
05-05-2004, 11:46 PM
Hehe I am a total scale addict...I am jumping on it all the time...and every day if there is the slighest change I update my fitday and let it make me a graph ;)

I would never put the scale in the closet on myself though...Tim would start to wonder why I went in the closet so much, LOL :D

krissyp77
05-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi Ladies,
Well i did good at the gym yesterday...haha...didnt even look at that scale. I just walked right past it. I think i burn about 300 cals at the gym..going by their machines. I feel like im working hard, but then 300 isnt that much at all..Maybe i need to use a different machine or stay on them longer...
Anyway have a good day all!!

Miss.Procrastinator
05-06-2004, 02:40 PM
Hi ya girlies! I LOVE that fitday website - it rocks thanks for the link *thumbs up*. My workout yesterday was 20mins on the treadmill, incline at 4.0 speed, 20mins on the eliptical trainer (this is the machine to sweat on!)level 2 keeping the pace between 75-80 and then the stationary bike for 20 mins at about 80. I also did circut and some free weights. But it was mostly cardio and I just added up all the calories from the machines that I used. Today though, I am LAZY I slept in and I have some laundry to do before work. I was going to go to the gym after work but with survivor and the seasonal finale of friends being on tonight - I think I might use this as a 'bad' day for exercise. See this is my pattern, I have a good gym day and then I'm lazy for two days then another good gym day - and so on and so on....
I might use my ball for some situps because my stomach is my biggest 'piss off' about my whole body. I think if it gets an inch bigger my navel piercing is going to pop right out! EEK!

Back to that fitday - did I say how much I love that!! I realize that my carbs are almost most of my pie chart for the day, but I don't think I have that many carbs - I will NOT, repeat NOT! give up my morning bagel or bowl of Special K. Oh Cruel world! I need to kick up the protein a bit more. Well, I have some laundry to do - be good girls!!

cat90
05-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

I don't know what you mean by keep the pace at 75-80 and 80 Miss P :doh: my stationary bike just measures time,distance,speed and calories..what is the 80? sorry to be a pain but i like to know what is working for other people :nose:

Well Done Krissy :cp: i'm going to go on my treadmill for half an hour ;) it will be my first exercise for a MONTH!

redballoon
05-06-2004, 06:24 PM
cat90, the 80 refers to the cadence, the revolutions per minute (rpm), how many times the pedals go around. 80 is a good pace, brisk. Just don't put the resistance too low or it won't mean much.

If your bike doesn't have this reading you can get monitors to attach to the wheel so you can keep an eye on cadence. Most bikes, however, have an rpm reading. Maybe it's hidden there somewhere.

Miss.Procrastinator
05-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Thanks Red couldn't of said it better myself! Just getting ready for my 'Friends' and 'Survivor' party - NO MUNCHIES!!!!! I hope Rob or Amber get oust tonight, let's cross our fingers. Later ladies and have a fabulous evening!

redballoon
05-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Glad to be of help Miss P. Have fun with your shows.

Krissy, 300 calories burned exercising is a good amount. Yes, it doesn't seem like much considering how easy it is to just wallop that much in your mouth in seconds flat! Just shows you that losing weight is a very hard thing to do. Be proud of yourself and every little bit you get off.

I like to equate losing weight to earning money and gaining weight to spending. Easy come, easy go. With food, easy into the mouth, hard off the hips!!

Just wanted to say that I had a major foot stompin' day yesterday (Thursday). Blew off some work to go to the gym, weight train and run for 5 K. Kept my calories under my limit. Boy, was I ever hungry at night. Got woken up by a long-distance phone call (Italy to Japan) and my stomach was growling so much I couldn't get back to sleep. Finally did and when I woke up this morning the first thing I realized was that the hunger pangs weren't there.

I've decided to just make friends with hunger. Scale registered a small dip, but that's up and down every day. But I see the muscles coming out of hiding. Would but the flab leave my midsection!! Bit by bit. Consistency rules!!
Power to you all!

cat90
05-07-2004, 11:41 PM
Hi Girls,

I ended up walking 3mls yesterday :cb: i drank quite a bit of water too :) got weighed tonight and i'm down 4.5lbs :dance: i won't expect this every week cos usually the first week is mostly water weight anyway :shrug: but i'm very, very happy with it :D

Thanks for the info redballoon ;) mine does'nt have it on so it must be an oldie :lol:

JEO1982
05-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Weighed in this morning at the gym - down 3.3# :goodscale

:cheer: Congratulations Cat! That is terrific - 4.5 pounds in a week!! :bravo:

Miss.Procrastinator
05-08-2004, 01:57 PM
Cat and Jenn *thumbs up* Awesome job!! I am still down the 3 pounds I lost last week, which for me is a total win win. I was wondering, (now that I'm on fitday calculating all my food intake), what are the daily calories we are able to have? I am pretty much about 1200 calories a day although at the beginning of the week I was about 900 calories a day. Last night I went up to 1400 because I had friends over for dinner and we all made something. I made lasagna (carbfest!) and the others brought breads and desserts and munchies - more carbs! I am going to the gym in a little bit to try and burn atleast half of this carb and calorie intake, even if I'm stuck there all morning. Looks like a rainy day anyways. Let's spice things up a bit in here with a daily question or something, let's make it non-weight related so that we can have a mental break. I'll start off, hehe....ummm....What was your favoraite all time movie? My answer to that is Pretty In Pink! Yes I was a retro teen, ha!

:coffee: Happy saturday everyone and be good!

cat90
05-08-2004, 05:08 PM
Hi Girls,

Miss P, the calories you can take depend on your weight and height. I'm currently supposed to be able to eat 1900cals per day (according to the calculators i've used) and maintain but i want to lose so if i deduct 500cals per day i should lose 1lb per week and it leaves me with 1400cals to eat. If i want to lose at a faster rate i eat even less calories add some exercise and wallah :wizard: i'm a fox :lol: there is a calculator on this site, just put in your weight and height and it will tell you yours then cut that amount down to a number you can live with.

redballoon
05-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Good morning everyone,
Great to hear the weight losses. You're doing so well. Keep it up!
I've been on a roll here, really working out and limiting the calories. And I've been doing it even through some very rough work situations and stressful times, which normally are cues for me to dig in (to the food that is).

Watching calories is a must. It's something I didn't do as I was more concerned with eating healthful foods and cutting out all sugar. Now that I've got that down to where it's second nature, I think I can do this calorie counting thing. I hate it but I see the results. It's empowering.

For those of you asking about the number calories, yes, there are rules of thumb, such as multiplying your weight in pounds by 10 for a sedentary lifestyle or 13 for a very active lifestyle. The only way to do it though is to stay consistent and not "look the other way" when you go over your limit.

The other thing I'm doing is giving myself a point system. For every bit of exercise I do other than my normal sitting around I give myself points and each point is worth 100 calories. It's a great motivator. If I exercise I get to eat more. The points are very much on the low side, meaning I'm actually using up more calories than just 100 per point so I'm still ahead of the game.

Then, every few days I'll give myself a bonus say 500 extra calories. It allows for the body AND mind to relax as well as feeling like the reward it is.

Well, just wanted to share in the hopes that something may help someone else.

Miss P, best movie? Gosh, there is no way I can answer that. I've just seen too many movies and at different times in my life I'd have to say certain ones were great influencers, but overall, I don't think there's any one I could say was my favorite. I mean, I loved The Wizard of Oz when I was a kid and I think I saw Paper Moon over and over and listened to the soundtrack album over and over as a kid as well but I certainly don't know why now that it got to me as it did then. I guess I had a crush on Ryan O'Neal (spelling?) and I loved Tatum's attitude in the movie. As an adult, wow, there have been so many cool movies but I forget them very quickly. I guess I'm not really into them like some people are.

Ok, must go. I am exhausted from lack of sleep after doing a night shift at work yesterday and now have a very full day of work ahead of me. Beer, too, will be a temptation tonight but I will try, for the first time, to actually calculate in the calories, instead of throwing all care to the four winds!!! Wish me luck!!

JEO1982
05-09-2004, 01:04 PM
First- Happy mother's day to any of you that may be moms!

Second to answer Miss P's question... My favorite movie of all time is The Wizard of Oz...has been since I was little and as my sister put it "anyone who has known me for a week knows that" LOL

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

Miss.Procrastinator
05-09-2004, 03:18 PM
Howdy Chickitas!

Wizard of Oz is a sweet flick! But the flying monkeys always scared the pigtails out of me!

So far today my plans are the gym and to finish this assignment for work. I had an awesome workout at the gym yesterday burning 500 calories and I did a pilates class too. I was always curious about them, very very fun but VERY VERY hard for overweight, unflexible me. I want to try the body pump but it looks soooooo tough, I might try it once I reach a 15pd loss so I have that much less weight to lug around.

The thing that motivates me at the gym is looking at all these cute little gym outfits. Now, I go to an all women's gym so I try not to stare to much if you know what I mean - and I am engaged - to a MAN but these outfits are so cute. I will have to add an outfit to my list of things to do when I am thinner. I think I better win a million dollars by that time too from the looks of my list!

Thank you for all the calorie counting advice! I feel better knowing that I am keeping it under my calorie intake but also doing it safely. I am trying to be really careful with portion size too because sometimes that is my biggest problem. Anyways, I'm going to go get ready for the gym.

Ciao Bellas!

cat90
05-09-2004, 05:03 PM
I forgot to answer the fave film question :doh: and i can't anyway cos i don't have one :lol:

Good Idea to give yourself pts Red :D thats kinda like what W.W. do but they don't want you to eat them unless you really really have to :lol: only just noticed that you're in Tokyo :rofl:

I'm on track for a perfect day if i can last a few hours until Dinner Time :hun: and i can't see that happening cos i got up at 5am :lol: i'll have to get lost in gardening and hope the time fly's by ;)

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Miss P - That is one of my things too! I saw this wicked cute exercise tank and I just wanted be able to wear something like that... So when I reach goal, I am going to get one, unless I lose my nerve :lol:

cat90
05-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Did'nt get my perfect day :lol: had 3 light beers and grabbed a couple of pink and white marshmallows that hubby had left in full view :mag: i resisted them for a long time and then thought "a couple won't hurt" :nono: i won't do that again ;) ended up at about 1400 cals for the day so it won't break the bank :)

Today is windy and grey so i think i'll be staying in all day so no excuse not to exercise today :coach: I WILL, I WILL :D

cat90
05-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Jenn, i just had a quick look at your website and you don't look fat at all :D you certainly don't look like you could have "just had the baby yourself" ;)

Miss.Procrastinator
05-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Today is a gray day isn't it.What a monday! I feel so lazy. I am trying to motivate myself to get to the gym at some point today but I am starting to PROCRASTINATE! Yikes, she's back, ha! I am going to do some situps on my body ball before work and try to drag myself to the gym afterwards. Mondays are always a tough day to get through! Did anyone watch Survivor last night? HOLY CHEESE! That finale was so cheesy I wanted to throw crackers at the TV! *Barf* I hope that they never have another one like this so it's more like watching a love story than a reality challenge. Does it really matter who wins now? That's my vent for today! ha!

Happy Monday Everyone!

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 03:40 PM
Thanks Cat ;) I feel fat though...The ideal weight for my height is like 160 so I want to get down to about 170...and I'd like to wear a size 12 instead of 14s and 16s.... I think the babies cover up the fat in the pictures LOL... :lol:

cat90
05-10-2004, 03:57 PM
I don't watch Survivor Miss P :dunno: but they have shown clips of that smarmy Rob proposing to Amber :p one newscaster even said this morning that "Rob hedged his bets and proposed to Amber" :rofl: looks like everyone thinks he did it for the money! even Kelly Ripa said that to him this morning :lol3: i think they are taking odds now on if they will have a prenuptual agreement :lol:

Jenn, i think 160 for your height sounds a little on the low side :( i think 170-180 is more healthy :D

JEO1982
05-10-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm not really obsessing over the number....I just want to feel healthy and be happy with the way I look.... Like I mentioned, more than seeing any particular number on the scale, what I want most is to wear a 12 :crossed: That would make my life!

Miss.Procrastinator
05-10-2004, 10:47 PM
I hear ya Jenn, size 12 would be a dream come true. And looking at your pics that size isn't too far off! Right now I'm in an floating 18/20 depending on the weather I suppose. I remember when I was a 12 and I was satisfied and happy. I'm not going to try to push myself into low low sized like that of my friends because being 5'9 and a med-large frame it's SO unrealistic. Today was pretty unproductive, I did my situps, ate healthy and minimized my portions. I'm going to kick back with a cup of tea and snuggle with my superman. Have a good night ladies!

JEO1982
05-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Well ladies I went to the gym this morning and had my monthly weigh-in/measure....I was up a couple of pounds since Saturday but I know why, too much junk at the party on Sunday and TOM :p ... Everything was down from last month except my thighs....Does anyone know a good way to trim your thighs (specifically inner thighs) because I haven't lost anything from my thighs yet since I started :(

Thanks for the encouragement Miss P! If I could just lose some inches in my thighs a 12 would be sooo much closer to reality than it is now.... I have made that my mission....to find SOMETHING that works on them....I feel my thighs are massive right now....27" and they just won't budge....next month, hopefully, I'll see something lower :crossed:

Miss.Procrastinator
05-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Good Work keeping up with the gym Jenn! Even though the scale might say 2 pounds up, that might be muscle from the gym, TOM or just your scale being difficult. Don't worry about numbers unless it's a huge difference, I have come to the conclusion that unless we hit some sort of plateau - the scale always flucuates. I would like to know the thigh trick too! I have the same 27" thighs and they're not the sexiest legs I've had. I would like to know a good arm workout - my arms are my worst part on my body kicking in at a grand 15" for the upper arm!!! I went on the scale at the gym this morning and I am still at the same weight. Can't complain about that. Be good ladies!

JEO1982
05-11-2004, 03:16 PM
My arms were at 14" now they are 13.25".... I can't even tell what I do because I don't know what the exercises are called not that that is a huge difference, but at least my arms changed... Some one HAS to have something for us.... Anyone got some tips for us?!?

cat90
05-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Hi Girls,
Have either of you tried Pilates? cos thats supposed to stretch the muscles out and elongate the legs ;) i don't know because i've never done it long enough to find out :lol: i should do it too :yes: cos i've got the Mari Winsor ones and i went mad to get them and now don't use them :rofl: the 20 minute one is really easy too :D

I walked another 2mls this morning and i've been an :angel: with eating and my scale is fluctuating too :rollpin: i should stop getting on that thing cos its getting ridiculous! i've even started getting on it in the middle of the night in the dark after i've paid a visit! :yikes: :rofl:

Gosh you 2 are tall :) i'm a shorty at 5' 4" :lol: and i wear a 12-14 depending on the make. I think i should break out the Pilates tapes cos its supposed to make you taller too :lol:

krissyp77
05-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi Ladies,
Been a couple days since ive been online. I didnt forget about all of you. I find it harder to keep focused on the weekends..Not much has changed..still trying to go to the gym 3 days a week. Weighed myself at the gym on friday, i think i was only down about 1 pound...Sucks. I was doing 15-18 mins on the treadmill and the bike, and ive moved it up to 20mins. So thats good.
My fav movie is Breakfast club. I know retro too.
Have a good day all!!

cat90
05-12-2004, 09:00 PM
Congrats on the 1lb loss Krissy :cp:

Day 10 OP here :cheer: i walked 3mls this morning :tread: just working on the fluids ;)

Miss.Procrastinator
05-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Hi ladies - Just a quick line until I have more time to type tonight. My youngest sister went into the hospital today with her first baby! I am so excited, we don't know if this is a false alarm or not but we are keeping our fingers crossed. My mom hopes they'll keep her in because she is having problems walking with her tiny petite frame and this enormous child inside her, ha! I guess for that fact, I'm glad I am tall and with a bigger frame because that would just suck! Anyways, I have some cleaning to do before work - I'll keep you posted later! Byez!!

cat90
05-13-2004, 06:30 PM
:crossed: for your Sister Auntie P :D

Was working this morning so i have'nt exercised today yet, i'm going to do some gardening anyway in a minute so i'll get some out there ;)

redballoon
05-13-2004, 07:05 PM
Heh people. Sorry I haven't been posting here. Just wanted to let you all know that I'm going strong, with some slipups, but overall things are looking good.

I'll write later. It's Friday morning here already and I've got work to do before going to the office.

Power to you all!

JEO1982
05-14-2004, 11:39 AM
I just realized that Miss P said a daily question....I was thinking it was weekly...Ooops! I guess I'll go next: Name a place you've always wanted to go and haven't yet. My answer is Ireland :lucky:

cat90
05-14-2004, 01:39 PM
Hi Girls,

Well, i've never really WANTED to go anywhere :lol: and i've travelled quite a lot :dunno: i love Las Vegas tho' but i won't count that as i've been there lots ;) i have'nt been to Hawaii yet so i'll choose that or Mexico.

Down 3lbs this week :cheer: things are going good :D

JEO1982
05-14-2004, 01:49 PM
I love to travel... I had never left New England or been on a plane until I was a senior in HS... That year I went to Italy and Florida(class trip)...Then the next year I went to Greece and for my birthday in March we went to Niagara Falls... I haven't done much, but I hope to do more while I still can :^:

Anywho....

:bravo: Congratulations Cat!!! That is soo awesome!! :cp:

I will do a happy dance for you: :cb: :dance: :dancer: :flow2: :goodscale :flow2::dancer: :dance: :cb:

Miss.Procrastinator
05-14-2004, 03:35 PM
WTG Cat! Three pounds is a wicked loss! Share what you have done this week to bring that scale down!

Well, I am still waiting to be an aunt, apparently labor takes a while, ha! I am still the same weight this week, but with my TOM approaching I'm not surprised. I am just happy I didn't gain! I am having pizza tonight, my weakness, I will try to restrain myself to only 1-2 slices as opposed to 6!

Great question Jenn!! I have travelled all over Canada, USA and South American cities. The one place I have always wanted to go is Itlay, my family is from Italian decent so it would be nice to see the country that my ancestors grew up in. Another place would be Australia because those accents make me melt! hehehehehehe.

Anyways, it's a no gym day for me today because I am working a split shift and I am cleaning, vaccuming must burn SOME calories!!

Have a great weekend everyone and keep up the good work :goodscale

JEO1982
05-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Italy is an awesome choice! You'll love it! My "dad" is full-blooded Italian so Italy was always high on my list too!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and your sister :crossed: And pray for her sake that she has that :bb: soon! Poor thing, how long has she been in labor?

cat90
05-15-2004, 01:24 PM
Miss P, i'm not doing anything special :dunno: just counting the cals and exercising :) weekends are my worst time along with everyone else i suppose so i try to make sure i don't go over 1500 cals if i can. :goodluck: with the pizza! i can eat a whole hawaiian :lol: and to think i did'nt even like it until a couple of years ago :lol3: You must be an Auntie by now :D what did she get? :bb:

Miss.Procrastinator
05-15-2004, 02:12 PM
Well, today I am going to go to the gym and then start painting my kitchen... sounds like fun, hehe! Sounds like! It looks like it might rain although it was calling for a beautiful sunny and warm weekend, hmmm. As far as this little baby that is suppose to come - I don't think it wants to come out! They sent my sister home on thrusday night with mild contractions about 5mins apart. As far as I know she is still there because I haven't gotten the phone call. I always thought they kept you in the hospital as soon as you start having contractions - shows you how many babies I've had! hehe! Anyways, this is a short one - happy saturday everyone!!

PS. :devil:I had three pieces of greek style pizza - I might be up on the scale this week, but I am going to cardio it all out at the gym if I can!

redballoon
05-15-2004, 07:22 PM
Responding to the question of where you want to go . . I never think of things like that anymore although I used to all the time. For some reason, Kathmandu popped into my head. I used to live in India, not far from Nepal but didn't travel at all. I know Kath has become really ruined by the influx of businesses. I think there's even a Mac's there, God! But for some reason I think I'd still like to go. Maybe it's the mountains calling.

As for the weight loss/exercise, yesterday was a day off. I need it badly, though yesterday I felt like I could have worked out at the gym after work. Maybe that was because I knew I was taking the day off. Eating went well till I got home and then I started eating crap I didn't even want. Still, I ate a big salad and some fruit during the day and was surprised that I didn't really feel like pigging out. I'm going to force myself to eat things like this and then maybe I won't even want to eat the junk.

The morning weigh-in is still before me but I don't expect much, not with the stuff I ate last night no doubt sitting heavy. I don't deserve a loss. Maybe that's the psychological sabotage I'm putting myself through. If I pig out I can feel I don't deserve what I don't get and then have a ready excuse, whereas if I do well and stick to my plan and then don't lose weight I feel frustrated, deprived and irritated, as I do with so much of my life. Food for thought. . .

Miss.Procrastinator
05-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Red -I hope this question doesn't sound ignorant but what kind of junk food do they have in Tokyo? Is it the same as here, chips, pop, McDonalds?? You sound like you've seen alot of the world!

As for me, I went to the gym yesterday and had a fabulous workout, burnt 700 calories and sweated out the pizza... but because we are painting the kitchen, my fiance thought we should get takeout, so we got Wendy's (a weakness), I got their crispy chicken salad, omg it is SO good! But I also got the breaded chicken strips with ranch dressing, so that kinda ruined it! I am going to the gym in about an hour so I plan on burning it all off! Why oh why do I fail on the weekends with my eating, if only I was as good for those two days as I am for the five monday to friday!!!! Anyways, I took out chicken for tonight and I will have a healthy dinner, so help me! HA! Anyways, I hope everyone is having a groovy weekend!

Here's a question to start this beautiful sunday as I hear the little birdies chirping....- What is your favoraite season and why?

My favoraite season is fall, growing up back in Ontario I was spoiled with all the beautiful fall colours on the trees like the brilliant reds, golds, and oranges. I love the smell of fall when you go for a walk and smell someone's fireplace going for the first time of the year. I enjoy watching all the children jump into the piles of leaves that their parents so dilligently raked on a saturday afternoon. And nothing beats shopping for that cozy sweater that you will snuggle into through the chilly nights. That's why I love FALL!!!

Ciao Bellas!

JEO1982
05-17-2004, 09:50 AM
Good question Miss P! I think my answer would have to be Spring, because the weather warms up and everything is "reborn".

cat90
05-17-2004, 07:04 PM
I like Spring too :D cos i know Summer is on its way :lol: and i love summer the best :D the long nights are my fave sitting out on the deck in the sun with a cold one in my paw :cloud9: :rofl:

2 days off plan here thanks to birthday celebrations :lol: had a bbq at a friends ate burgers, icecream cake :T the works! Washed down with plenty of beer and rum and cokes :lol: paying for it all today :headache: hubby bought me a really original gift :lol: a huge box of chocolate truffles :lol3: which i've been eating for the last 2 days :rolleyes: plan on asking for his help in finishing them off tonight so that i can get back on track tomorrow.

JEO1982
05-18-2004, 12:11 PM
Oooo don't truffles sound soo good.... :chockiss: is definitely a weakness but I have been being really good about it...Tim has been good about it by not bringing it into the house :drill:

And here's a random question for today: What is your favorite wild animal? If you couldn't guess by my avatar mine is a giraffe! They are so cute and so under-rated.... I like them because they can't hide in a crowd either ;)

Miss.Procrastinator
05-18-2004, 12:56 PM
My favoraite wild animal is the elephant because they are large and elegant and struct their stuff with all the other wild kingdom dwellers! Plus the babies are so darn cute!

Well yesterday started off well.. and then I went grocery shopping and as a ritual we eat at the mall before we grab our groceries, which the store is in the mall as well. I had a chicken pizziola sub at Subway, and YES I know there are healthier options at Subway than that, but I caved! This is the part were I bang my head against the wall screaming "sabatogeeeeee!" Why do I do it, I don't know, will I do it again - ohhhhhhh probably. I need to think boot camp! I have 6.5 more weeks to lose 15 pounds! Or atleast close to that number! Get the whistle out ladies I need to buckle down! HA! :drill:

Today I am going to go the gym after work and cardio all the junk out of this body of mine.

So... just an update on my lil sis, she is being induced today! She has been trying to get this bundle of joy out for several days now but it's not budging. Speaking of babies did you hear what Gwenyth Paltrow named her baby? "APPLE" - The headlines read "The Apple of their eye", HAHA! Have a great day chickies!

JEO1982
05-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Congratulations "Auntie" P! Isn't that exciting!

And YES, I did hear about Gwenyth Paltrow naming her baby Apple... I thought that was kinda of an awful name...especially since my sister said she heard it was a boy?!?
Celebrities are so weird! :lol:

cat90
05-18-2004, 03:38 PM
Hi Girls,

I think its a stupid name :( can you imagine the teasing she? will get at school :eek:

All the chocolates have gone and left behind a nice weight gain :rofl: will be extra good the rest of the week to compensate..hopefully :^:

Think my fave animal would have to be a Lion cos they are so majestic and powerful :D cougars too ;) just beautiful creatures.

JEO1982
05-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Good morning ladies!

I basically just wanted to keep us from going onto the second page :lol: And to tell you all thatI have to wear a bathing suit tonight :p I am going to a water aerobics class....this should be interesting!

Happy Hump Day everyone! ;) :lol:

krissyp77
05-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi Ladies, Man am i behind....My computer has been down for a couple of days...off and on. Anyway, fav season is Summer. Place i would want to go the most is Norway. And fav animal is a Monkey.
So ive lost 2lbs since starting. Still seems slow. But my mom said that it looks like im losing weight. I didnt tell her that im trying to. I dont like telling people because then i feel the added pressure to suceed. Then if i fail i feel bad...
Im finding weekwnds the worst. But i figure if im good all week dont i deserve a little break...lol.

SW 194
CW 192
GW ?? starting to wonder

cat90
05-19-2004, 02:48 PM
Hi Girls,

B/D celebrations turned into a 3 day binge :lol: i've got to get back on track today! I'll be looking at a gain this friday there is just no way out of that and i've only got myself to blame :nono: well, i could blame hubby for buying me chocs but i won't :lol: I'm definitely going to treadmill later :yes: i missed yesterday :o

Miss.Procrastinator
05-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Welcome backkkkkkkk Krissy!

Oh water aerobics! I haven't worn a bathing suit in years!! I would of liked to get into on this summer but at the snails pace my weight loss is going I can't see it happening. But... never say never right?

I am an Auntie!!!!!! My sister had her baby early this morning, 8pounds and 3 ounces : Abigayle Marie. I can't wait to see pictures, unfortunately I won't be back home to visit with them until the fall. Hopefully Auntie P. will be down to 200pds by then!! HA! That would be a dream!!

I will have to weigh myself at the gym tomorrow and get a tally up but I know I'm pretty much the same - great on the exercise but BAD BAD BAD on the eating!!

*Cheers*

cat90
05-19-2004, 03:02 PM
YAAAAAYYY CONGRATULATIONS AUNTIE P :cheer: :balloons:

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Krissy- Congratulations on your loss! That is awesome! Keep up the great work! :cheer:

Miss P. - You are finally an auntie!!! Wooohooo! Abigayle is a pretty name for a :bb:...She was big though, huh? I feel bad for your sister...no wonder it took so long for her to finally give birth!!! Make sure to share those pictures with us once you get them ;)

Hope everyone is doing well this morning...One more day until the weekend!

cat90
05-20-2004, 05:26 PM
Hi Girls :wave:

Sorry Krissy :o i forgot to congratulate you on your loss :^: Well Done :cp:

Finally back on track after a 3 day binge :o i'm facing a gain in the morning but it will be gone by next weeks weigh in ;) walked 2mls this morning :)

Hi Jenn, have you got something nice planned for the weekend? its just another day for us here :lol:

JEO1982
05-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Yes I do, it's called NOT going to work! :rofl: That and I get to have my niece for the day as my sister is going to a concert... I just like the weekend because I get to spend the whole thing with Tim :love:

One thing that is kinda silly and probably pretty dumb for me to even think of that I might do is have a couple pictures taken (1 close up of my face and 1 'full body shot in form fitting clothing') and submit then to the "Lane Bryant/Ford 12+ Model Search".... They are looking for a new model and 100 people win $100, 25 people win $250, 5 people win $500 and 1 person wins a $25K contract... I don't know why but I thought it might be fun to try and win the $100... I mean I know that I won't win it because I'm not exactly a pretty girl, but it's fun to do something totally uncharacteristic of yourself every now and then...And doing this won't cause me any embarassment because I don't have to heard what anyone thinks of my pictures ;) I'm starting to think I've gone off the deep end :lol:

JEO1982
05-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Where is everyone today??? Am I the only one who is bored at work???

Miss.Procrastinator
05-22-2004, 04:50 PM
I am having a hard time sending a message - is anyone else having difficulties??

JEO1982
05-22-2004, 08:52 PM
I haven't had any problems... maybe that's why some of the ladies on here haven't been on though... :?:

cat90
05-22-2004, 10:26 PM
I've not had any probs :shrug: just was'nt online yesterday :lol: went out and did yardwork instead ;) I gained a pound this week so not so bad considering all the partying i did :lol: it was 3lbs at the beginning of the week so i'm happy with that, its back to LOSING next week :D

Jenn, go for it if you feel comfortable doing it :) you've nothing to lose have you? ;)

Miss.Procrastinator
05-23-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm going to give this one more shot today. Hi CHICKIES!!! I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I am getting ready to go hike around Lynn Canyon for the day. I had a great exercise yesterday burning 800 calories. I just wish I could only consume 800 calories a day! HA! Reality!! I am in the midst of my TOM so I am not even going near the scale until wednesday, and I'm hoping to be down at least 2 pds since my last weight post. I do understand though that going to the gym often means muscle over fat and that the scale doesn't move so quickly downward. I am eagerly waiting for baby pics and will make a little page up for my online peeps to go browse. With all that said I am going to whip up this hair and go hiking!!

Ciao bellas :df:

JEO1982
05-24-2004, 12:04 AM
Well Cat I didn't take any picture this weekend because I went shopping for a camera and they were sold out of both cameras I was considering :p Wasted trip....I may borrow may sister's camera and have Tim do it this week... we'll see....

Miss P- I'll eagerly await those pictures too, I bet she's adorable! Hope your hike went well...I went for I walk with my sister today... it was 4.5 miles off hilly terrain and it didn't even make me tired! The gym most really be paying off as far as stamina goes ;)

Hope y'all had a good weekend!

cat90
05-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Hi Girls,

Well Done on the exercise you've both been getting :cp: i've put mine off for the mo' while i get housework and yardwork done :lol: was cutting broom down for 5 hrs on friday :yikes: I worked up quite a thirst so i had more than my fair share of beers on friday night and was fit for nothing on Saturday :lol3: so i just vegged for most of the day :dunno: yesterday i did a major cleanup downstairs and today i don't know whether to do yardwork, tan on the deck or go to the rodeo and drink beer :T :lol: need to finish the laundry and then decide what to do with the rest of the day :wave:

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Cat - Housework and yardwork can be good exercise! And I wish I could have alcohol with my medicine because I could really use some sleep :lol:

We haven't had a question in a few days, so while we are on the subject of drinking, what is everyone's favorite drink? I think my answer would be a strawberry margarita ;)

cat90
05-25-2004, 02:46 PM
I drink lots of cold beer Jenn :lol: but its not my favourite tipple just convenient :lol3: if i go out i drink dark rum and diet coke. I've only ever had margarita's in Vegas and they are cheap, sweet and not very nice :p i'm sure proper ones are much better. I'm not very adventurous with ordering something 'different' cos its expensive but i like mai-tai's (sp) and i'm sure i'd like what they serve in Hawaii (if i ever go there ;) ) cos hubby said there are lots of drinks with pineapples served and i just LUUURVE pineapple :T :T

I blew yesterday :( but i bounced out of bed at 6am this morning grabbed a bottle of water and walked/jogged 3.25mls on my treadmill :cb: I will be an :angel: today :D

Miss.Procrastinator
05-25-2004, 03:12 PM
Yippee down 2 pounds! I can't believe how slow I am losing weight, I will have to take my measurements at the end of the week and see if they have changed. It looks like I am losing about 1 pound a week from the time I started. I would like to lose about 2 pounds a week so I better cut down on my weekend binges! WOWZA! I got pictures of my niece on sunday - ohhhh she is sooo sooo sooo cute and looks just like my sister. I can't wait to see her, I just wish I didn't have to wait five months!! But atleast by then I will be going back the slimmer, healthier woman I want to be! I did a fabulous workout yesterday and throughly enjoyed my day off. But today it's back to the old grind so I better get ready for work - UGH!

My favoraite drink is tea, a cup of hot tea after every meal, tea tea tea!! Yummmmmm.... and my favoraite recreational drink if I want to relax is Strawberry Zinfendal Wine (Spelling?)

Happy Tuesday!!!

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 03:34 PM
I'm not very adventurous either Cat. The waitress recommended it on a bad day and I thought it was great.

Miss P- They say slow is best, but it sure is frustrating! And I meant to say alcoholic drink. Hehe...I don't drink very often at all and when I do it's only one drink usually... I've never gotten drunk before even though I joke about doing it alot.

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 03:42 PM
BTW, I forgot to mention that my sister announced yesterday that she is pg! I'm so happy for her, and I can't wait for there to be another baby around! :bb: :D

krissyp77
05-25-2004, 04:50 PM
Hi Ladies...
Well went up to our cabin in the Okanagan this long weekend and feel like i gained 20 lbs. Too many beers!!
Anyway back to it again this week. Im scared to jump on the scale. I think i will wait a couple of days...lol
Favorite drink was beer but i dont know after this weekend. :lol:

cat90
05-25-2004, 06:31 PM
:lol: Krissy you are as bad as me :lol: sometimes i think of all the 'empty' calories i've drunk :o :lol3: Jenn you are'nt missing anything i can assure you :D Congratulations to your Sister :)

Well Done Miss P :bravo:

JEO1982
05-25-2004, 08:47 PM
Thanks Cat! I heard that she thinks she is due in February, but she hasn't been to the doctor's yet! It's so exciting though! Did I mention that I love :bb:s?

cat90
05-26-2004, 03:15 PM
You've a while to get used to the idea then Jenn :)

I did OK yesterday and walked 3.25mls :cb: i got up early again this morning and walked 4.30mls :tread: i find it so much easier when i exercise first thing in the morning :dunno: anyone else feel like that :?: so that is my goal ;) to exercise first thing on the days that i don't have to work.

Miss.Procrastinator
05-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Congrats to you and your sister Jenn!! Today was a busy day for me, my shift was switched and I'm dead tired, I did however drag my tired butt into the gym after work. Now I am tired and hungry and I'm going to chill on the couch for the remainder of the evening. Will chat more tomorrow!!

Ciao bellas!!

JEO1982
05-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Well last night at the gym I saw 201.5 on the scales... That is one more down...4 more to go and a month to do...That's 1 pound a week, I can soo do this!

Last night I went to the gym and then to water aerobics. I love that class, but man am I tired when I'm done... the instructor works us hard, and that in combination with the chlorine just makes me tired and hungry, but more tired :lol:

I hope y'all are having a great morning!

krissyp77
05-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Hi Ladies
Man are you guys motivated...After last weekend i just cant get back into it. Well gonna go to the gym today..see how motivated i can get there. Ill brave jumping on the scale .... :?: See how bad it is...lol.

Miss.Procrastinator
05-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Jenn - Are you still going to take those pictures for a portfolio?? I think you should SO SO SO do it! Congrats on the one pound loss, I think I'm going about 1 pound a week too, I'm happy yet frustrated. I really want to go 2-3pds a week but I guess slower is better in the long run! Postive thoughts postitive thoughts!!

Cat - I totally agree with you about exercising in the morning, I literally have to drag myself to the gym after work in the evening and I'm to tired to really go nuts in there! Then you have to worry about what to eat afterwards is a huge dilemma because I'm STARVED!! HA!

I have decided that I have a couple of milestone reward goals that I am going to honor myself with after a certain amount of weight loss - have you girlies thought about that? I might add then in my signature for extra motivation - we'll see.

So today's question is:

"what will your personal reward be for becoming a healthier you?"
1. At 220: New Tattoo
2. At 190: Spa Weekend
3. At 170 : *GOAL* Shopping Spree!!!

The most important thing to me is that once I reach my goal weight I will be setting my wedding date. I have been putting this off too long but I don't want to be married in this body. I know my fiance loves me in this body but he fell in love with me in my other body. This is something I need to do for me, and that will be the biggest reward ever!!!

One more sleep until friday!! Yippee!!!!

JEO1982
05-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Thank you for the encouragement Miss P! Great question btw!

Let's see, so far I only had one set reward, maybe I'll come up with some more today, as of right now, this is it:

1. 199 - Trail Ride on Horse back with Tim (almost there :D )
2. 185 - ???
3. 170 - ???

Krissy - Don't be afraid of the scale... if it has moved in the wrong direction then it is just telling you to step it up a bit to get back into the swing of things... You CAN do this!

krissyp77
05-27-2004, 05:20 PM
Hi Ladies,

Well just back from the gym and the scale actually went in my favor. Im down 1 pound. WOOHOO!!..lol
Anyway my fiance and me are waiting to set a date to be married as well. Not for any particular reason other then trying to decide where to do it. I want small wedding in tropical place, he wants big wedding here. Its hard to meet half way on those 2 ideas...
I cant think of any good rewards for weight that i plan to lose. I think its a good idea though. I need to think of something really good...something that ive wanted for awhile....hmmm.

JEO1982
05-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Great job Krissy! I told you there was no need to fear the scale! Usually it is the woman who wants the big wedding... go figure that you guy wants one and you don't, lol

BTW, I wanted to update my rewards:
1. 199 - Trail Ride on Horse back with Tim (almost there :D )
2. 185 - Day trip to Nantucket
3. 170 - Hawaii? (A girl can dream, can't she?)

Hope y'all are having a good Friday!

Miss.Procrastinator
05-28-2004, 02:51 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY!!! YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :spin:

ohhhh Hawaii sounds good, and actually, that was one of the hot spots on my mind for our wedding. We are both previously married so we just want to do the island get-away ourselves.

Krissy - Congrats on the one pounder loss!! WTG Gurl! And I totally agree with Jenn, the scale isn't predicting the future, just letting us know where we can step it up!! I go on the scale once a week, if that and I never go near it inbetween, well...... it helps when it's busted, HA!

Jenn - You are almost there on that horse - can you smell the oats yet? hehehe....WTG with you and your losses so far too!

Anyways - have a great weekend all and I will check in tonight after my workout!!

TGIF!

JEO1982
05-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks Miss P! :D I'm hoping to reach ONEderland by next weekend:crossed: We'll see how I do.

I hope everyone is having a good Friday and has a wonderful weekend. I'm off very shortly to go to the airport with Tim to pick up his family (Mom & sister) and I will unfortunately be out of contact until Monday or Tuesday. SO I guess I'll talk to y'all then! ;)

cat90
05-28-2004, 05:45 PM
Hi Girls,

Well Done Jenn and Krissy on the losses :bravo: i'm down 2lbs myself this week which i'm extremely pleased about after my gain from last weeks binge :lol: i walked 4.5mls yesterday and 3.25mls this morning :tread: ;)

I have'nt thought about any rewards cos the biggest reward for me will be how i feel when i'm able to fit in all my 'old' slim clothes :cb: and the other one will be the looks on the faces of my hubbies family when they arrive mid August and and get a hold of the new me :D that will be priceless :devil:

I think i was a bit ambitious with my Canada Day goal weight :eek: cos its June 1st on Tuesday :yikes: where did May go? :lol: i've lost 8.5lbs this month :shrug: it would have been more if i had'nt partied so much over my birthday :lol3: but they're only once a year so i won't moan about it too much ;) the only gliche in the coming month is hubbies birthday ;) if i don't stuff my face too much on that day i'll have a good month coming up :cb: i may not lose the 20lbs but i'm aiming for it still :D

JEO1982
05-30-2004, 12:26 PM
I just wanted to drop in and let y'all know that everything is going great with Tim's family here. They are really nice people (of course, they raised Tim, didn't they?)

Anywho, I just wanted to say :bravo: on the 2# gone, Cat!!! Keep it up!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :coffee:

Miss.Procrastinator
05-30-2004, 04:25 PM
Cat - WTG on the loss of 2 pounds!! Keep up the good work chickie!

Jenn - Good to hear that things are going good with the "in-laws", family is so important to me and I am so thankful that Kent has such a wonderful family as well.

Well, I renewed my CPR yesterday, then went grocery shopping and then started on my house cleaning. Needless to say I didn't go to the gym, but I am going today for sure! This weekend has gone by SO fast, ugh I can't believe it's almost monday! Well I guess that's life! Anyways, I hope everyone is having a good weekend, I'll cyz all on monday!

*cheers*:coffee:

cat90
05-30-2004, 06:59 PM
Hi Girls,

Jenn, glad you are enjoying the family being with you ;)

Miss P, I was working this morning :yawn: so the weekend went even faster for me :lol: but i'm off tomorrow so thats good ;) i'm just vegging this afternoon but i'll treadmill tomorrow :wave:

cat90
05-31-2004, 04:56 PM
Walked 3.5mls this morning :tread: :) then had a lovely lunch which i was ready for cos i missed brekky to treadmill first :rolleyes: being hungry made lunch taste all the better :T now i'm ready for the mall, one of my favourite pastimes :lol:

JEO1982
06-01-2004, 09:40 AM
:wave: Good morning ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

The weekend with Tim's mom and sister was great. They are just so nice! We went up to Maine on Saturday and to a cookout at my family's house on Sunday. Yesterday I left them alone so they could have some time with just Tim and while they were out, they bought me 'Wizard of Oz' magnets because "they saw them and thought of me" - how sweet are they? I went out to dinner with them last night and then we just sat around the apartment for a while. Tim is driving them back to the airport today... I wish I could see them off, but my sister is on vacation this week, which means I can't take the day off, so I said my good-byes last night.

This morning I went to the gym first thing...I wanted to get my workout in now so I could spend my ENTIRE afternoon with Tim since we hadn't had any personal time to just snuggle with his mom and sister staying at his apartment...anywho I weighed myself while I was at the gym, and I actually cried...HAPPY tears... I saw 198.75#!!!! I DID IT!!! I'm in ONEderland!!! After a holiday weekend and not going to the gym since Friday...I am soooo excited! :dance::hat:

krissyp77
06-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Way to go Jenn...thats awesome!!
Not much new here..going to gym today...talk to ya all later. ;)

JEO1982
06-01-2004, 11:44 AM
Thanks Krissy!!

Miss.Procrastinator
06-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Jenn - *snaps* awesome woman awesome! I am so happy for you, now keep that scale down, work hard and it is just going to get better!

I have quite a ways to go but I can see it in the distance, HA! I had a great workout last night and an even better eating day. I'm starting to now figure all this meal balancing out, protein this, low-carb that, fiber here and non-fats there!! Yikes! But it's starting to even out and with the gym I think I'm going to see a difference on the scale by July 1st!

It looks a little gloomy around here, not a good day to be energized, but I will do some excercises on my body ball before work. I'm still trying to figure out a good way to get rid of my arm 'wings', ugh they are nasty! Any ideas ladies?

Question today: What is your yummiest dinner of choice?:hun:

For me it would be something I haven't had in a VERY long time because it's loaded with carbs. It's a lemon chicken goulash looking family recipe. Cut up the chicken into cubes and sautee it with onions, butter and loads of garlic. Then pour in two cans of chicken broth and let it boil. Pour in two equal cans of minute rice into the boiled broth and remove from heat. Cover with a lid and wait for the rice to cook and puff up. Give it a good stir and there ya go!

Ok, I'm craving that now - Think tight Lulumon workout clothes!! Better now, HA!!

Have a good one ladies!

JEO1982
06-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Thanks Miss P! I will keep working...only two more pounds to my Canada Challenge weight! Woohoo! :D

Now my 'yummiest dinner of choice' is a hard question to answer and would be different depending on what day you ask me...I'm a very picky eater...Today though I think my choice would be my italian 'grandmother's' homemade ravioli with my mom's homemade meatballs! Yummmm! I haven't had either in a really long time!

cat90
06-01-2004, 07:13 PM
Well Done Jenn :bravo: what a great way to end a holiday weekend :D

Was really busy at work this morning so i'm not treadmilling this afternoon :yawn: will do it in the morning ;)

JEO1982
06-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Thanks Cat!!!

cat90
06-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Walked 3mls this morning but succumbed to some choccy biscuits after lunch :o bad cat :lol:

Miss.Procrastinator
06-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi Ladies.

Well my weight hasn't changed but my measurements have:1/2 inch off thighs, 1/4 inch off butt and 1/2 inch off arms. This is all dandy because I am sweating my butt off at the gym, as I did last night. But I want my stomach and waist size to dwindle!! I am doing my body ball and the ab machine at the gym, but man it's taking FOREVER! Maybe I need to look at my carb intake, although I only have carbs in the morning and lunch. Hmmm! Any suggestions? We have 4 weeks to go ladies!! I'm going to try to aim for 2 pounds a week, which is going to be a tough challenge! Congrats to those of you that are almost there, you've worked hard and deserve it!! WTG!

JEO1982
06-03-2004, 04:11 PM
:bravo: Miss P! Some times it's not weight you lose, but inches. It's stilla victory. I wish I could lose inches off my thighs... even a quarter of an inch would be nice! Keep it up, 4 weeks is a long time... you will get there! ;)

cat90
06-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Well Done Miss P :cp:

I've just taken my June measurements and i've lost 1" from my waist, 1" from my abdomen and 1" from my hips :cb: I walked/jogged 3.25mls this morning and i'm starving :eek: not eaten a thing yet so i'd better get something quick before i eat my keyboard :hun: :wave:

Miss.Procrastinator
06-04-2004, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Jenn! WTG Cat! I can't wait until I can get this tummy down! Well, I had an unsuccessful exercise day but I think from the heat I was sweating enough, HA! I did my abs on my body ball and I'm off too bed, it's very hot in my apartment. Anyways, I'll check in with you all tomorrow!

G'Night Ladies!

JEO1982
06-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Good morning lovelies!

I went to the gym and water aerobics last night and back to the gym at 6:00 this morning. I got weighed and measured so I wouldn't have to do it during TOM again. Here are my losses: (this month/total)

Bust: -1.50/-2.25
Waist: -1.50/-3.25
Abdomen: -3.0/-4.5
Hips: -2.25/-4.25
Thighs: -0.5/-0.5
Arms: -0.5/-2.0
Weight: -10.5#/-22.5#

Needless to say I was quite please, except for the bust thing :lol3:

Anyhow, I hope y'all are having a great Friday!! :flow2: :goodvibes

cat90
06-04-2004, 02:27 PM
WTG Jenn :bravo:

Lost 1lb this week :cb: i should have done much better but i was a bad cat and had homemade fries and butter on stuff more than a couple of times this week :o i'm having pizza today cos i've fancied one for about 2 weeks and then i'm going to be an :angel: next week :D

JEO1982
06-04-2004, 06:40 PM
Thanks Cat and CONGRATULATIONS on your loss this week!! :D :cp:

Miss.Procrastinator
06-04-2004, 10:33 PM
Congrats ladies!! WTG, keep up because it's very motivating!

I forgot to weigh myself today, so I will have to check in on that for tomorrow. It is so so so hot in my apartment, I don't think I'll be leaving the computer on for very long. This weekend is going to go by so fast I can already feel it! I have so many chores to do around the home, but I will be making time for the gym! Anyways, I need to go get a tall glass of ice water!

Have a good weekend everyone!!

cat90
06-05-2004, 11:08 PM
Hope you're all having a great weekend :D i'm having a relaxing Saturday evening in front of the tv ;) the weather is a bit 'iffy' today but at least i got all my ironing done and i hate that :p its one of those jobs that i put off until i really need to do it :devil:

Miss.Procrastinator
06-07-2004, 12:07 AM
No losses for me this week, I checked my weight at the gym. But I still feel good and worked out HARD this weekend. My fiance is shocked with my dedication considering I didn't go to the gym for the first two months of my membership starting - HA! I ate healthy and decided not to 'pig out' just because it's the weekend - as been the norm these days. I am very excited because in three weeks my parents are coming for a week to visit. I cannot wait and it will be extra sweet if I lose some of this weight for the occasion. Anyways, I'm going to watch a movie and play Skip-Bo with my honey!

G'Night Ladies!!

cat90
06-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Skip-Bo :?: :dunno: what is that? only heard of Tae-Bo :lol: keep up the great work Miss P ;)

We're not off to a very nice start this morning :( dull and drizzly out :p but thats OK cos i got lots done yesterday :cb: ran around at work from 5am to 10.30am then came home and mowed the lawn (if you can call it lawn :lol: ) mowed the bank too which is quite a feat cos we let the mower roll over the side on a rope and then drag it up :rofl: i usually let hubby do that but i decided to have a go and its quite the workout :lol: I was'nt as wise as you over the weekend Miss P i did :ink: out just "because it was weekend" :rolleyes: now i've got to be good today and it would be so much easier if i had'nt gone off the rails :lol:

JEO1982
06-07-2004, 07:49 PM
I just wanted to check in and say hi... I wasn't around the computer this weekend so I didn't get to post :^:

Great job staying motivated Miss P! Keep working like this and you will see the loss soon enough...before your parents get here even ;)

Cat - I'm not quite sure what you are saying you did with the lawn mower, but odds are if I did the same thing, I would have broken something...whether it be the lawn mower or me :lol3: And as far as I know, Skip-Bo is a card game along the line of Uno or something...

I hope y'all had a good Monday! I just got back from the gym so it's off to the shower with me! BTW - I weighed 197.25 at the gym this afternoon! :D

Miss.Procrastinator
06-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Hi ya ladies!

Jenn you are doing amazing!! WTG Chickie! What are you doing as far as food intake, I know you are busting your butt at the gym but are you doing a no-carb or high-protein - do tell woman. I've been busting my butt at the gym and my results have slowed right down. But you have lost over 20pounds in a short period of time, I need to do what you're doing, HA! Keep up the great work!!

I had a weak workout last night, I was so tired and had such a long day, I only did about 60mins on the cardio circut and burnt 450 calories.

I'm looking for new lunch ideas now that I'm home for lunch - any suggestions?

Question: What is something that have you given up since you've gained the weight you want to loose?

Answer: Something that I loved to do was go swimming and hang out at the beach with no worries. I can't wait until I am able to have the weight off and the self-esteem raised so I can get to that beach and strip down into a cute, sexy and funky swimsuit. As opposed to my shorts and tank. I'm tired of sweating my butt off for the sake of eighty extra pounds!!

Have a great day ladies :goodvibes

JEO1982
06-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Thanks Miss P!

I am just going to the gym 5-6 days a week and water aerobics once a week, and counting calories. I have about 1000-1200 a day... sometimes I have trouble getting to 1000 :lol:

To answer the question, I have always had the extra weight, so I haven't given anything up perse, as much as I have never felt comfortable wearing clothes that weren't baggy or a bathing suit without my shorts over it.

cat90
06-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Help! i've fallen off the wagon bigtime :yikes: i've been eating like a :ink: for days even tho' i get up in the morning and say "lets get back to business" :( i don't really know why either :dunno: probably boredom as usual.

Jenn, how do you survive when you have trouble getting to 1000? :yikes: i think i could probably eat that at one meal :rofl:

Something i've given up after gaining weight :chin: definitely wearing sexy clothes :nono: i used to wear midriff baring tops when i had a britney spears body :lol: don't think i could wear them now when i lose it :eek: i think i might look a bit "mutton dressed as lamb" these days :( :lol:

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 04:40 PM
I eat... I swear it! 3 meals a day and 2 snacks. I have a measured serving of cereal in the morning with skim milk, fruit for a snack, yogurt or something for lunch usually with something like Snack'n Cheese, another snack, and whatever I want for dinner usually... I eat a lot of salads though as dinner which makes the 1000 mark hard to hit ;)

cat90
06-09-2004, 05:02 PM
See, thats my problem :shrug: i don't like salads :( it must be so much easier to do this when you're not a picky eater like me ;) i don't have much willpower either :dunno: put some hot bread in front of me and i'll eat the loaf smothered in butter :T :lol:

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Oh believe me... I am a picky eater! I don't like more stuff than I do like, and I pick most stuff out of a typical salad, but I like to try different kinds of salad... I had Buffalo Chicken Salad the other day and it was sooo good! I also tryied steak tip salad, and I'm a big fan on chicken caesar :YUM: I never had willpower before either, but this time I decided I was going to do this no excuses... including willpower... and I've stayed true to myself! It really helps that I have the best boyfriend ever who is sooo supportive! :love:

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 05:21 PM
BTW, I forgot to mention this earlier.... It is really easy to eat 1000 calories in one meal.... I watch my dear Tim surpass that very easily this Sunday... Mr. "I weigh 165# no matter what" had a footlong meatball sub at Subway with American cheese on it and a regular soda... A 6" meatball sub has 500 calories in it! He's sooo lucky he doesn't have to worry about this stuff! :p

cat90
06-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Tell me about it :rolleyes: my hubby is the same :mad: can eat all the chocolate, fried food and beer that he wants and does'nt gain an ounce :rollpin: tonight i'll make him a big meal then he'll eat a couple of PACKS of BISCUITS then 3 or 4 banana's :dunno: later on he'll have a couple of icecream cones :yikes:

JEO1982
06-09-2004, 11:10 PM
Wow, now THAT is impressive! Where does he put it all?!?

Miss.Procrastinator
06-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Oh I have the SAME problem! My fiance is 6'6 and barely 200 pounds. He will eat a double order of the a burger combo if we were fast fooding it. At home I have seen him eat a whole slab of ground beef hamburger helper, then finish off a box of cookies afterwards. He is so thin and eats SO much. Why oh why couldn't I have that metabolisim!! Last night I was at the gym, looking around at all the fit bodies and I wondered - how many of these woman have ever been over 30 pounds overweight or more? Have they ever been in my situation, busting their butt, getting frustrated, being hungry and totally sweating buckets to find out they haven't lost an inch? They all looked so perfect in their little Lulumon tanks and low-cut capri yoga pants. Ugh!! Ugh!!

As far as the calorie intake, I take in 1000 - 1200 a day and burn off atleast an average of 600 calories a night at the gym. So I'm LOST!! I guess what works for some doesn't work for others. I wonder though.....I get home about 8pm from the gym and sit down for my dinner at about 8:30pm, I never have carbs at dinner, but MAYBE eating that late is the problem.

Hmmm..... I will have to think of something different. It's hard when I don't get home from work until 6:00pm.

Anyways, keep up the good work ladies!!

JEO1982
06-10-2004, 02:01 PM
Miss P, Tim doesn't get home until about 8:30, so I hardly ever eat before 8:30 PM... One thing I hard recently is that believe it or not, you are SUPPOSED to have carbs 30 minutes to an hour after you exercise, so maybe you should save some of your carbs for dinner... I'm going to look up what I read if I can and post it here for you... Keep up the good work!

Miss.Procrastinator
06-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks Jenn! That article sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to reading it. it's a gloomy day, I put on my pants that I haven't worn in a few months, no difference and still a little snug in the waist. Needless to say I'm grumpy today.

JEO1982
06-10-2004, 05:18 PM
Here you go Miss P:

Experts stress post-exercise nutrition
The Associated Press

Carbohydrates may be considered evil in this age of the low-carb diet revolution, but the nutrient plays an important role in helping athletes recover from strenuous exercise.
Two decades of research have shown that consuming carbs after a hard workout rebuilds worn muscles and primes the body for the next training. Failure to eat the right food after exercise or worse skipping the post-exercise meal altogether can harm your body.

"You never think that you can just continue to ride your car without ever going to the gas station. We can't expect to be able to continue to exercise our bodies without refueling them," said Cedric Bryant, chief exercise physiologist of the American Council on Exercise.

Carbs the main source of energy during physical activity are stored as glycogen in muscle cells. During exercise, the glycogen reserves deplete and an intake of carbs is needed to replenish the body. Neglecting or avoiding the post-workout meal could result in muscle breakdown and leave your body feeling fatigued during the next workout.

In 2000, the American College of Sports Medicine, along with the American Dietetic Association and the Dietitians of Canada, reviewed numerous studies on the subject and took a stand on the issue. In a published joint position statement, they acknowledged the importance of post-game nutrition on athletic performance.

How much carbs should be eaten after exercise depends on the duration and intensity of the workout, as well as when the next training will occur. For example, a post-workout meal is generally more essential for a triathlete who runs in the morning and cycles in the afternoon than a marathoner who just runs one race. That's because the triathlete needs to refuel in between workouts while the marathoner has more time between runs to recover.

Experts recommend that carbs be eaten 30 minutes to an hour after vigorous exercise since that's when the body will act like a sponge and absorb the nutrients. Some post-workout snacks may include cooked pasta, rice, English muffin, oatmeal or low-fat yogurt.

The casual health club visitor may not need to follow the post-workout rule as strictly because the body will naturally take in carbs from other meals during the day. But experts say it doesn't hurt to consume a carb-rich snack after workout to get a boost of energy.

Recent research shows that a combination of carbs and protein can also help the body recoup. Protein helps repair muscle damage, but carbs are king when it comes to replenishing carbohydrate stores. Eating too much protein after exercise is not good either because it can slow rehydration.

The general guideline is a carb intake of a half-gram per pound of body weight. So a 150-pound person should eat about 75 grams of carbs, or the equivalent of a cup of cooked pasta.

"That is really going to be the only way that you're going to be able to continue to power your working muscles," said Cindy Moore, a Cleveland-based registered dietitian and spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association.

For those who are weight-conscious and wary about consuming too many carbs, experts say they still should make sure to eat the right food after intense exercise. But they can take steps like limiting carb-rich snacks that are high in simple sugars like cookies and cakes and eat more nutritious carb sources like legumes and whole-grain cereals.

"This isn't going to sabotage weight-loss efforts," Bryant said. "If anything, it will allow you to be more productive in your exercise, which in the long term is going to help you with your weight-loss efforts."

Nancy Clark, nutrition guidebook author and sports nutritionist at a fitness center in Chestnut Hill, Mass., advises that athletes plan their post-workout meal in advance to prevent unhealthy snacking afterward.

Lisa Avellino, a certified personal trainer and aerobics instructor from Scarsdale, N.Y., said most of her clients understand the importance of eating after exercising, many do not know the correct food ratios and combinations to maximize their energy.

"When they learn how they can combine certain foods and make subtle changes in their dietary post-workout meal, they get better results," she said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

cat90
06-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Hi Girls,

Jenn, i think the answer is he has hollow legs :lol3:

Miss P, i think your body is in starvation mode :yikes: 600cals a day to live off :eek: one girl on another thread was doing the same and would'nt listen to any of us :dunno: she eats very little, exercises lots and the weight was'nt budging :shrug: she has just been on vacation where she said she ate fast food on a few occasions and when she got back she reported a loss of 7lbs!! Another girl on W.W. was'nt losing either so her leader told her to quit exercising which she did'nt want to do :dunno: she gave it a try and she too is up to a 7lbs loss :cp: there is no chance of that being the case for me :( this past week has been really bad for me and my average caloric intake is between 2500-3000cals per day :yikes: you could live off that for a week Miss P :rofl: i've been feeling a bit depressed and i always turn to food when i feel like this :cry: i'll be posting a GAIN this week :( but i've had the :rollpin: out and told myself off so i'll be back to business next week.

JEO1982
06-11-2004, 10:36 AM
LoL, my dad always tells people that he has a hollow leg too.... Why can't I have a hollow leg? It's just not fair :p

cat90
06-11-2004, 12:41 PM
CLOSE YOUR EYES WHILE I TYPE THIS GIRLS :rofl: i've GAINED 2.5lbs this week :( WAAAAAAA! :cry: serves me right for being a :ink: the old :rollpin: trick has worked and i'll be posting a loss next week for sure :yes: enough of this nonsense :lol:

JEO1982
06-11-2004, 01:40 PM
That's the right attitude Cat! The gain is in the past...look to the future...step it up and see a loss this week! You can do it! ;)

I was lucky at the scale this week... I'm inmy TOM and I think the weight god's felt bad for me because TOM is kicking my ***... I posted a loss of -0.5# since the beginning of the week... I was definitely shocked, but very happy :D

Happy Friday everyone!

cat90
06-11-2004, 02:06 PM
Well Done Jenn :cp: hope you feel better ;) TOM is a pain :mad: no wonder its got a MANS name :rofl:

Miss.Procrastinator
06-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Cat - Great attitude, head first no looking back. We've all been there and I'm sure will cross that path again, so your positive attitude will lead you in a positive direction!

Jenn - That article is very interesting maybe having a 'good' carb after a workout is something I should try.

What Cat has mentioned about too little calories and too much workout sounds familiar. I'm thinking I read about that somewhere before. But it does work for other people. I guess I'm in that bracket where less is more in a good way. Next week is my TOM so I will probably up-ing the calorie intake anyways! HA! I just have to keep trying until I find something that works for me. But all this exercising with NO results is getting tiresome, in all aspects!!

Have a good weekend ladies!!

JEO1982
06-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks Cat! You are too much! :lol:

MissP- Hopefully shaking things up a bit will have you moving down on the scale! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! :crossed: :goodluck:

cat90
06-13-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi Girls :wave:

Hope you're having a great weekend :D i'm feeling more upbeat today :cb: I hate it when i'm depressed :p did a lot of gardening yesterday and i think that helped :dunno: must lead a sad life if digging up weeds helps eh? :rofl: :nono: I think it was being out in the fresh air more than anything :D So, we've got two and a half weeks left to kick some lard :yikes: where did the time go? :eek: i will be good, i will, i will :angel:

JEO1982
06-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Cat - I don't think that means you have a sad life anywho... Some people get a lot of enjoyment out of gardening! Don't sell yourselve short...

And I know...Where did the time go?

Miss.Procrastinator
06-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Howdy ladies! I was a total oinker this weekend but when I stepped on the scale this morning I was down 2pounds!!! I am happy and shocked, HA! I only went to the gym on saturday and we had take out two nights in a row. One thing I did notice though is that I'm fuller faster now. Good thing because I could eat pizza all night long! I got all my hair cut off on saturday, it's a short messy do, a little longer in the front - I feel like a new woman, hehe. Just the pick me up I needed!

BTW - I LOVE gardening, our balcony garden is absolutely beautiful with our bamboo back drop - magnificant!

Ciao Bellas!

JEO1982
06-14-2004, 03:58 PM
:bravo: Awesome Miss P! I'm glad that changing things up worked for you! Congrats on the 2# loss!!! :cp:

cat90
06-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Ah-haaa :chin: i told you you were starving yourself :lol3: Well Done Miss P :cp:

I was only joking about the gardening Jenn :lol: ;)

Something weird happened to me this morning :eek: that 2.5lbs gain last week was gone! :yikes: and i don't know why? :dunno: cos i've been a :ink: for a week :hun: i suppose it could be one of those weird weight fluctuations that we women have to endure but it sure is confusing :dizzy: i hope it has gone but i'll wait until friday for the 'official' weigh in :wave:

JEO1982
06-14-2004, 08:09 PM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you until Friday Cat! :crossed:

Miss.Procrastinator
06-15-2004, 02:25 PM
Cat - maybe your scale is on the fritz! HA!

I use the scale at the gym, I figure it's the same a doctor uses so it can't be that off. Next friday I'm going to have a trainer do it because I know when I started the gym they took some measurements and my weight. I had a good workout last night, I have started to do more weights now that I'm on a good 60min of cardio first routine. I like some of those machines they have now, the ones for your back and sides and hips, they didn't have those ten years ago!

Ten more days until my mom and dad come for a visit! I am so excited...I just can't hide it.......lalalalalalalala!! I haven't seen them since christmas! They are bringing lots of video of the baby which will be super duper. Anyways, have a good tuesday everyone!

JEO1982
06-15-2004, 03:23 PM
Miss P - I would be excited if I was you too! That's so great to finally be seeing them again! :D BTW I hope you share how well your measuring goes!

If any of you are interested, I posted a gallery on here: My Member Gallery (http://www.3fatchicks.com/member-gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=28848) It has pictures of all my munchkins and me before and now ;)

cat90
06-15-2004, 04:44 PM
Hey Jenn the pics are great :) put i can't click on them cos it takes forever for them to load so i've just had to look at the little pics :shrug: Shaelyn looks so cute in that little dress :love: and as for Mom and Dad at Halloween :rofl: On your Now pic you look great :D not fat at all but i remember i've told you that before ;)

Jenn, i have 3 SCALES and none of them weigh the same :lol3: the one i use is the most reliable (digital) but even it has its moments :rolleyes: i usually weigh myself 3 or 4 times and if its the same all 4 times then i take it :lol: i absolutely refuse to buy another one :nono:

Managed to have a very reasonable day yesterday :cp: walked 4mls too :D i'm back on track..Yaaaayyy!

JEO1982
06-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Thanks Cat! Shaelyn is a total ham and even cuter in person! My mom and dad would KILL me if they knew those were up, but I couldn't resist! And you did tell me that you didn't think I looked fat before, but it was great to hear it again! ;)

BTW- Way to go on the 4 miles! That is awesome! :D

Miss.Procrastinator
06-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Cat - WTG on your walk! Walking is the best form of exercise! Especially living on the west coast here we have lots of hills and terrain.

Jenn - Your pics look fabulous, you don't look overweight at all, you have a great shape, no wonder Tim is so proud of you! You should be proud of your self girl, you've lost so much already!

As for me, I am not weighing in until friday, but last night I was evil and and made mac and cheese at like 10:00pm!!! EEK!! Not a great idea but I had night class and I was SO hungry. I will burn it all off after work tonight at the gym....I hope! Anyways, I'm going to go do some laundry before work - Yippee!! HA!

Ciao Bellas!

JEO1982
06-16-2004, 02:44 PM
Wow Miss P., Thanks soo much!
I wouldn't worry too much about the mac & cheese... you work out hard at the gym... You will burn it off... I haven't had mac & cheese in months... now you've got me thinking about it :lol:

cat90
06-16-2004, 07:45 PM
Mac and Cheese :p you would NEVER get me thinking about that :lol: don't worry Miss P :shrug: a little of what you fancy does you good. Hey are you ready for the heatwave? :sunny: its gorgeous here and i'm all slathered in sunscreen ready to lie on the deck :cool: its going to be a scorcher this weekend :D

All my hills are on my treadmill :rofl: i never go out walking :shrug: sometimes go on a bike ride but not walking :nono: except around the mall ;)

Jenn, I'm keeping a "score" of my treadmill miles and at the end of the month i'll tell you how far i've 'gone' in the month :D Have'nt walked for a couple of days i've been working and those early starts :censored: me up :lol: i'm off tomorrow so hopefully i'll exercise then :wave:

Miss.Procrastinator
06-17-2004, 01:26 PM
Cat - What a hot one it was yesterday! And today it's so warm already this morning, I better dig out my summer clothes!

Last night I got home from work and I was so HOT, I was ouside all day and I swear my blood was boiling I was so HOT. I lay on the couch before going to the gym and I fell asleep until 9pm!! That sucked! So I had some salad and canteloupe and went back to bed. It just drained me!

Took my measurements this morning and I'm down 1 inch in my waist. Finally, some waist lost!! HA! Not going on the scale though until friday. Looks like us three chickies are the only ones still together on this thread, WTG to both of you for keeping up with me and all your support.

Have a good day ladies!!

JEO1982
06-17-2004, 02:36 PM
Our numbers really have dwindled, haven't they? Where is everyone else?

Way to go on the inch in your waist Miss P! That is terrific! Friday is just around the corner, so :goodluck: with the weigh-in tomorrow!

Right now I am 2.5# away from a 30# loss... I'm hoping to get there within the next 2 weeks...We'll see how Saurday's weigh-in goes... that's the one I really like to count because it is in the morning ;)

Cat - I look forward to seing how many miles you go over the month! ;)

cat90
06-18-2004, 06:01 PM
Hi Girls,

Yep it was Hot Miss P :hot: we hit 30 degrees here :eek: i did'nt treadmill i just got my laundry done and lay on the deck it was too hot in here to do anything :eek: we have lots of windows in this house and the thermostat just goes off the richter scale on days like this (need tongue hanging out smiley here :lol: ) Congrats on the inch loss :D

I don't think i'll be racking up many treadmill miles this month Jenn ;) :goodluck: hitting your 30lbs goal :cp: AWESOME JOB!

I'm down 2lbs this week so it must have been water retention last week cuz i've not done anything to deserve it :o think i've had icecream every day and beer every night :rofl:

JEO1982
06-18-2004, 11:07 PM
Thanks Cat! I'll let y'all know how it goes tomorrow morning! ;)

BTW :bravo: on the 2# gone! That is awesome even if it was water weight...It's still weight gone! :D

Miss.Procrastinator
06-20-2004, 03:23 PM
I have been sabatoged by TOM, girls night and salsa!!! It has been too hot here to be good, HA! I have consumed so much ice cream this weekend I think I've turned my stomach lactose intolerant! I had the girls over last night which consisted of pop, coolers, chips and dip, chips and salsa, pizza and two kinds of ice cream. Now, just to be clear, all this stuff came into the house, I did not buy anything, HA!! I feel sooooooooooo gross and ofcourse HOT. As far as my weight I am the same, but my TOM came friday so I think to be even is a good thing. Anyways, I off to the gym, gotta get rid of all this junk!!

Ciao!

JEO1982
06-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Don't feel too bad Miss P! I don't even have TOM and I had an awful day food-wise yesterday... I decided I was going to have a free day because there was a cookout and birthday party and I wanted to have icecream cake... So I think I ened up trying to cram as many calories as I could into my "free day"... I think I should stay away from the scale for a while...:lol:

BTW, I forgot to tell you all I was at 192 on Saturday morning at the gym... that leaves 1.5# until 30# gone, but I don't think yesterday's binge will be very nice to that number!

cat90
06-21-2004, 05:26 PM
:lol: That makes 3 of us girls :lol3: cuz i've been BBQ-ing, eating icecream and drinking even more cold beer than i usually do :rofl: i'm trying to get back on track today cuz its less than 2mths until the relatives arrive and i want there to be less of me 'to love' when they get here ;)

cat90
06-22-2004, 06:28 PM
:rollpin: I did'nt achieve my good day :( in fact i did worse :yikes: need to get the old :rollpin: out and sort myself out :lol:

How are you two doing? better than me i hope ;)

Miss.Procrastinator
06-23-2004, 03:08 PM
Howdy ladies!

Well, my parents flew into Calgary yesterday and will be staying in Lake Louise for a few days and then will be on my doorstep friday evening!! I am so excited! I can't wait to see them! I had a very good day yesterday and the day before at the gym and with my eating. It helps when it's near grocery day because the house is only filled with the odd fruit, veggie and eggs. Omelets anyone? HA! I am finishing up on the last of the housework. This place is going to be spic and span. I think this is the most I've ever cleaned, HA!

I might be MIA next week, but I will make sure I check in right before July 1st so we can tally up our losses and goals for the Canada Day Challenge.

I am going to start a new post called "Miss.P's Birthday Challenge". My birthday is August 25th so I am going to be
setting a new challenge and I would love for you all to join me!

Cat - I'm with you on the falling behind, this past week has been so HOT that cold beers and ice cream were almost a......necessity! HA!

WTG on the continued weight loss Jenn - You're almost there!!

Have a great wednesday!!

cat90
06-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Wow, you are so excited Miss P :hyper: :lol: i'm glad that you are doing another thread cuz i did'nt want us to just "fade away" :rofl: i won't have reached my 20lbs off goal but at least i'll be posting a loss :yes: so i'm happy about that :D i'll post a more realistic one for the next 'challenge' :lol: one that will allow the odd off day ;) i might have to drop out before your birthday tho' :rolleyes: cuz the relatives arrive on 12th August and i'm sure there won't be any dieting going on then :lol3: but i'll still be around to gee you on and get back to it once they're gone :D

JEO1982
06-24-2004, 11:19 AM
That's great Miss P! I think it is awesome that you are excited to see your parents... Just one more day and they will be there... We will understand you being MIA especially since you have to wait so long between visits! BTW, thank you for the encouragement!

Sorry that I have been MIA for the last two days.... I have been trying to fix my computer here at work because it had a virus... :p It seems to be fine now, but we'll see...

I will definitely join you two in the "Miss P's birthday Challenge" I'm not sure what I will set my goal at yet, but I have another week to think about it...I have set my August 1st Challenge goal at 185, so maybe 179.... Hmmmmm... If I don't get to post for the first week of the new thread, don't think I've abandoned y'all.... I will be on vaca from July 3rd to the 10th :D I promise to be good though and get lots of exercise...The food is no promise... I may cheat... ;)

Miss.Procrastinator
06-24-2004, 05:08 PM
Awesome Ladies!! :grouphug: I'm so glad you will join me, you have both been extremely supportive and I'm happy to be a 'loser' with you, HA!

Wow, words cannot explain how excited I am but gosh am I tired! I have doing so much laundry and cleaning, I guess this will teach me to leave everything last minute! Kent (Fiance) and I are so busy with work and classes and we get his daughter every weekend pretty much, we never to do a BIG overhaul clean up. Good thing we have hardwood floors other wise we'd probably have to get carpets cleaned, etc. God Bless the Swifter wet mop, HA! I did not go to the gym yesterday as I had to blow $150 at Costco buying munchies and cases of pop and water. I tell ya, it's not hard to spend $$$$ at that place! Tonight I'm off to do groceries and pick up stuff from the dry cleaners. So, no gym AGAIN!! I am going to try to get to the gym tomorrow before work - and then my mom and dad will be here!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO. I will try not to go too long inbetween posts, good luck this last week of our challenge - I know I'll need it! HA!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee good girlies :cloud9:

JEO1982
06-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Miss P, I am certain that you've been burning a lot of calories with all the running around and cleaning you've been doing in preparation for your parents arrival so I wouldn't worry about it! Have a great time with your parents!!!! :goodvibes

cat90
06-25-2004, 06:16 PM
Yep :yes: I agree :D hope you have a fabulous time.

Not much to say :dunno: my best friends Dad died yesterday so i was on the phone to England this morning to give my condolences :cry: she was doing much better than I imagined and we were able to hold a conversation without her breaking down so I was happy about that. I felt homesick when i came off the phone tho' :cry: cuz its "our" girlie night out tonight and i've been thinking about her and Chris out in the pubs :cb: I told her I might not make it back 'home' again this year (was there in Feb) but i'll definitely go next year and we'll have a holiday together :D

Have a Great Weekend whatever you do :wave: oh and down .5lb :shrug:

JEO1982
06-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Cat - I'm sooo sorry to hear about your friend's dad... I send my deepest sympathies :( And I'm also sorry that you were feeling homesick...
:bravo: however on the half pound down! That is terrific!

Miss P, I hope you are off enjoying your time with your parents and I hope they noticed the effort you've put in.... I can't wait to hear about the visit...

One more day left in the challenge....Wow I can't believe July is just about here already.... Where is my life going???

Miss.Procrastinator
06-30-2004, 12:48 PM
Just a quickie to say Hi LADIES!!!

Cat - my deepest condolences to you and your friends family.

I am having a blast with my parents, very busy!! I haven't gone on the scales yet but they should be amusing with all the restaurants we've covered! Anyways, just wanted to see how everyone was doing!!!!

*waves*

JEO1982
07-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Miss P - I'm glad to hear you are having a good time!

Today the challenge officially ends, and since I don't know if I'll be able to post later, I will post my re-cap and look forward to reading yours.

When I joined this challenge, I was at 212# and wanted to lose 15# by July 1st to reach 197....Well I weighed in yesterday at 189.5#, which brings me to 7.5# past my goal for a 22.5# total loss! :D

cat90
07-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Wow Jenn :bravo: thats fantastic :cp: Well Done!

I sneaked in with another .5lb loss which puts me at an even 10lbs total loss for the challenge :stress: so much for wanting 20! :rolleyes: :rofl: but never mind its better than gaining :dunno: I have'nt treadmilled for ages so I clocked up 24.75 treadmill miles for the month :lol: and I think most of them are from the first few days :rollpin: I can do so much better but I kind of lost the plot after my birthday :rollpin: hopefully i'll do better on Miss P's birthday challenge ;)

Miss P, glad you are having a blast with your parents :cp: i'll have the same problem in 5 weeks when hubbies family come over :rolleyes: but I can live with going to restaurants and eating out :hun: ( :sssh: much better than having to cook it for them ;) )

Miss.Procrastinator
07-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Jenn and Cat I am SO SO SO SO proud of you both!! I weighed in this morning at 243 pds giving me a loss of 7 pounds for this challenge. It's about half of what I wanted but no worries because now that I'm in the right frame of mind, I plan on kicking butt for my birthday challenge - or losing butt as I dream, hehe. I hope you have a great weekend and I will be starting my new post sunday night, ready for monday morning!! Hope to lose more pounds with you!!

:D TGIF!!!!!

cat90
07-02-2004, 05:24 PM
Well Done Miss P :cp: so we are a bunch of Losers :rofl: looking forward to starting the new challenge :D