100 lb. Club - Weekly weigh in .... April 25- May 2

Charbar
04-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Lost 2.5 lbs this week... yahoooo! :smug:

barbygirl43
04-26-2004, 10:47 AM
Way to go. Looks like you are already back on the wagon .:)

I'm down 3 pounds to 279. I got down this far 1 1/2 years ago after having Lilly but didn't stay there long.
I'll measure tonight and post my inches then.

chequitagirl
04-26-2004, 11:17 AM
i told everyone my scales were scared. i stayed the same. i am determined to break into twoferville. i did so good on my eating and i have worked out extra hard this past week, but to no avail. but i guess a stay is better than a gain. congrats to all the losers.

Jenaya
04-26-2004, 12:24 PM
Hang in there Audrey, your body is adjusting to all the loss it has had - it will happen when it happens. Try to focus on the good things you are doing and forget the numbers (I know, easier said than done but really, it is only number and you are worth far more than a mere number). For how well you have done, just imagine your scale says 150 and keep doing the healthy and great things that you are doing for your body!

Slimdown - glad to see you are back in the saddle. Great weak! Dawnyal, you are also doing great. Everyone is. Even those who had a little gain, it is just that - a little gain. This week will be better.

I am not weighing in for one more week. I took the challenge to do Phil with a few other people here. I feel healthy and well and I am exercising lots. I am trying to not get caught in numbers (except calories, fat grams and carbs)....

Happy week everyone!

Jenaya

297/271 (?)/ 170ish

Tammy32
04-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Lost 2.5 lbs this week... yahoooo! :smug:

That is wonderful!! You are so on track!!

Dawnyal, 3 lbs!! Well done!! Keep it up.

Audrey, No weight gain and maintaining is so much better than gaining. You will be under that 300 mark in no time. Soon enough it will be long gone.

jenaya, Keep up the good work. I hear that the rapid start really works. I look forward to hearing how well you have done after the two weeks.

lessofsarahtolove
04-26-2004, 01:58 PM
I'm down another 2 pounds. I didn't make my originally set goal of 30 pounds by this morning, but I only missed it by 2 pounds, so I'm still feeling good about my progress. I'm eating 100% on plan, and working out daily, so I'm feeling really positive about the road ahead!

My internal struggle has been with exercise rather than food, and I think I've finally got that demon licked! I'm on my 5th consecutive day of exercise, and pretty excited about my new regime:

M-F: bike every morning before work for 30 minutes
M-F: 3 x a week, bike or walk for at least 30 minutes after work
SA & SU: bike or walk for at least 1 hour straight

How long is it it's supposed to take to create a habit? I forget, but I am ABSOLUTELY going to make daily exercise a habit. Remember the Blues Brothers? "I'm on a mission from God." ;)

looosingit
04-26-2004, 02:36 PM
Congrats to all of the "loosers"!

Audrey - sometimes the body levels out for a little bit when you're loosing a significant amount of weight....it's just too bad that your body chose such a significant number! All of your hard work will show up on the scale again soon! Hang in there!

Good work Sarah! Sounds like you are creating a habit! Isn't the phrase from Blues Bros....a mission for Gaaad.?? LOL

I weigh in tonight....1 more pound until I get my 75# magnet from WW. Stupid magnet keeps eluding me....who knew that I would care so much about a darn fridge magnet???! The scale could go either way tonight....I had a job interview today, so I stress ate a bit on Sunday....i think that I probably managed to reign myself in in time....

Tammy32
04-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Sarah, although you did not make your goal, two more punds gone is a very good thing. And, you only missed it by 2 lbs. That is not shabby at all!! :) Sarah, I know how you feel about the exercise. I do pretty good with the food, but the exercise is my challange. For the past two weeks I have been keeping on track but it still does not feel like a natural part of my day. I hope that it will soon.

Kris, Good luck on your weigh-in tonight. I bet you will be getting your new fridge magnet and if not you will very soon. :)

dowsx4
04-26-2004, 05:06 PM
I was on vacation at my moms house all last week so I havent posted in a little while and I am so glad to be back! I weighed in at 169 today that is 171lbs lost! I am half the person i used to be! Next stop-GOAL!

Tammy32
04-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Julie, you are such an inspiration! I look at how much you have lost and that is such a huge encouragement for me. :) :)

tolose85
04-26-2004, 07:28 PM
I am down 3lbs this week. Total loss of 32lbs I feel good. I am happy about it!

melsfolly
04-26-2004, 09:29 PM
WOW! We're off to a great start! Congratulations to all the losers!
Melissa

lessofsarahtolove
04-26-2004, 11:45 PM
Wow! Yay us!!! :high: :bravo: Sounds like everybody's really on track! Thanks, Kris and Tammy, for the kindness.....you're both so supportive!

Julie, I have to echo Tammy's words; your success is truly inspirational. Knowing you've done it really helps me out in those moments when the road in front of me seems so long. I know it's a matter of just putting one foot in front of the other to make that journey down the road, just a series of steps leading you to your destination. I tell myself that and it helps me stay positive and keep things in perspective, but Julie, to know that you've come so far......it's so impactful, and so motivating. You need to give yourself such unbelievable props for accomplishing what you have. Thank you for sharing your success with the group and bearing witness to what's possible for all of us. I mean it. :goodvibes:

barbygirl43
04-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Look at all the losers this week. Congrats to everyone and today is just Monday :D

I measured and I'm down 3 more inches in two weeks for a total of 7.25 in a month. Yippee. Now if I could just start losing some inches around my hips, I'd be doing great :)

dowsx4
04-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Thanks Sarah and Tammy it is one of my hopes that through the weight that I have lost it will encourage others that felt it impossible to do it for themselves! I remember when i started comming here Mothergoose and Biobaby were the 2 top insprations to me because they had so much to lose just like me and they did it and just kept at it despite and small setbacks. The difference this time for me is if I mess up I dont give up. I just get back on track and everything is fine.

Tammy32
04-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Gretchen, You go girl!! What a great job you did for the week! :) :)

Julie, when I look at how much you weighed when you started I tell myself..wow, she weighed even more than I did and she tackled all that weight!! That is one strong woman and If Julie can get over such a hurdle, well so can I. It makes me look at how much I have to lose and I think that 100 lbs total is not that bad. That I can do it because so many others here have done it and more! I am so impressed by what you have done I can't hardly even put it in words. Thank you for being such a motivation to others. I hope you feel as proud of yourself as I do. And that is pretty darn proud and then some. :) :)

looosingit
04-27-2004, 02:01 PM
WOW Julie!! Congratulations!! Your body must feel so different....What are the biggest changes you have noticed?? You must feel like you have LOADS more energy!

I lost 1/2# this week....missed my 75# magnet at WW by 1/2 #, but that's OK....I'll get it next week! ;) At least it was a half a pound change in the right direction.....

Tammy32
04-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Kris...You were so close! Still 1/2 pound loss is great!

Last week I was up a pound and I was completely bummed. That time of the month had made me retain tons of water. It still had me upset.

I weighed today though. I lost that 1 pound PLUS 5 MORE!! I am so freaking psyched!! Daily exercise is truly paying off.

lessofsarahtolove
04-27-2004, 11:09 PM
Tammy, I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is AWESOME!!! Yay, you!!! :goodscale: :dancer:

I really am so happy for you -- with all the support you give the rest of us here, I've gotta say that it's a real pleasure to give you a taste of the positive feedback that you so generously share with everyone here. Honestly, I actually muted the television in the middle of my partner's favorite show to tell her about your loss and how happy I was for you! I must say she wasn't quite as excited as I was, but she definitely thought it was great and thought you were doing a great job! :high:

Great job to all the folks who've lost or maintained a loss this week!

Tammy32
04-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Sarah, you sure do know how to make someone feel good. :) :) Thank you so much for your kind post. It really put a nice end to an already exciting day for me. :) :)

looosingit
04-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Congrats Tammy! Well earned.....Hard work always shows up on the scale (just not always when we expect it!). Guess you blew your Mother's Day goal out of the water!!!

Tammy32
04-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks Kris...I just realized that I did complete my Mother's Day goal....Guess it's time to be setting another goal now.

barbygirl43
04-28-2004, 06:38 PM
WTG Tammy that's a super loss. Good for you for sticking it out despite the gain. :cheer:

gonzostar
04-29-2004, 01:52 AM
same, same, same, same, same.

:P

melsfolly
04-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Congratulations Kris & Tammy on this weeks losses! And Holly hang in there - it's going to start going down, down, down, down soon!

As far as my WI went....I lost 5.2 putting my total lost in 2004 at 43 lbs!

Melissa

Tammy32
04-29-2004, 09:56 PM
Melissa, Good going!! Congratulations!! :) :)

dowsx4
04-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Wow its almost time to update the total pounds lost! We are going to make that goal!

jkfla
04-30-2004, 03:06 AM
i have been doing horrible the last few weeks. i gained 14 pounds in one week (i'm still trying to figure that one out) and this past week i lost 8 of those. so i'm still 6 away from the low. i got dr phils book and i'm going to start reading it to see if it helps any.

SuchAPrettyFace
04-30-2004, 04:14 AM
280 @ the gym today. I've not been working out as hard as I could've, so that is what needs to change.

Congrats to everyone, especially our All-Star, Julie. :D Couldn't be more happy for you, hon. :cheers:

artist
04-30-2004, 05:17 AM
I'm down 1.5 lbs this week.....which I'm really pleased about - I had to handle an overnight in a hotel (very tempting buffet!), and an Indian meal out with friends....and I still managed to stick to my plan and lose weight.....that feels sooooooooo good.....!

barbygirl43
04-30-2004, 01:35 PM
Congrats to all the losers.

Shelly, you're back now and a lot of times that's the hardest part.

howie6267
04-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Wow congrats to all. You all are doing great. I can't wait until next week when I can post a loss.

howie6267
04-30-2004, 10:02 PM
Well I guess I get to post this week. I dieted some over the weekend and weighed in on Tuesday at 417. That is when I got serious. I just weighed again just to see if there was any difference and sure enough I've lost 4 lbs. I know it's water because I've been drinking lots of water but I'll take it.

melsfolly
04-30-2004, 11:27 PM
Congrats to all the losers! And a big WELCOME to the weekly weight loss thread Howie! Shelly - just take it a step at a time. You'll find the program that works for you!

Melissa

Tammy32
05-01-2004, 03:05 PM
Shelly, way to go on getting back on track!! I know how hard it is and you are doing a fantastic job.

Suchaprettyface(I'm sorry, I don't know your first name :( ) You lost 2 pounds according to your stats. That is very comnedable!!!

Claire..Good job on staying on track despite the temptation!!

Howie..Wonderful job!! Welcome back you are off to a great start.

lessofsarahtolove
05-01-2004, 04:36 PM
First off, welcome to the thread, Howie! Nice to have you here -- and hey, congrat's on the loss! :high:

Yay, Claire!! Great job staying focused!! :cb:

Melissa, awesome job!! You go!! :bravo:

Holly, stay strong -- you didn't gain, right?? Have you tried changing anything nutritionally or exercise-wise to shake things up? Be sure to turn to others for support when you're feeling discouraged, ok? We're here for you! :goodvibes:

Great job to all maintainers......and to everyone giving it the good fight! :grouphug:

As for me, I'm holding at 257......nothing lost this past week, and I'm pretty damned disappointed. I eat 100% on plan, and last week I biked intensely 5 times, for anywhere from 20 minutes to 30 minutes (each session total lasted 30-50 minutes.) I walk briskly for at least a mile every day, sometimes a mile and three quarters. Eating "on plan" for me means max 1500 calories, max 23% fat, roughly equal complex carbs and lean protein -- although this past week I've upped the protein to around 5-10% more than the carbs. I don't get it. I'm wondering if maybe I'm experiencing the dreaded reduced calorie-related plateau? I was losing at a much faster rate before, and my loss has gone from a steady 3-pounds-and-some-ounces to 2 pounds the week before last, to last week nothing. I don't think I'm building pounds of muscle yet, because I haven't started resistance training yet, and when I bike or walk, there are no resistance or incline involved. Anyone got any ideas? Help!

Tammy32
05-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Heya Sarah, Maybe you have some water weight this week. Give it another week and see if you see any loss the next time you weigh. Be patient (the dreaded word) I am betting you will see a difference the next time you weigh. Hang in there!! You are doing great on what you are eating and your exercise, but if you are anything like me you will beat yourself up all week wondering why the heck there was no loss. You are a maintainer!! and that is a good thing.

melsfolly
05-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Sarah,
I wish I could tell you not to worry about it, but since I worry every time I have a week of small loss or maintaining I can't really tell you not to worry. But the good news is that I've found that I have a great week following one of those icky weeks. So you actually ahve something to look forward to.

artist
05-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Hey Sarah

Just hang on in there, girl! You've been doing brilliantly, and from my experience you just have to keep at it. Personally, I have found that increasing my exercise levels makes quite a difference to how much I lose - more than adjusting my eating plan....I know that you're doing a lot of exercise, but it might be worth starting some resistance work. I think that has made quite a difference to me. Also, in an odd kind of way, I think on those 'no change' weeks, you actually have to reward yourself more....so be extra good to yourself, and ignore that scale!

suzie76
05-02-2004, 10:19 PM
Wow, Julie!!!

I've been avoiding this thread, cause I'm hiding from my scale. I just went to read it, and saw how low your weight has gotten-you are amazing!!!! What an inspiration!! How do you stick to your healthy eating so well? I've been cheating constantly....sigh...

congrats!
sherry

chequitagirl
05-03-2004, 03:11 PM
i am finally in twoferville. wi this morning showed a 5 lb. loss. officially 295 lb. i thought there for a while that my scales did not go below 300, but i was wrong. congrats to all the other losers and keep up the great work. happy monday everyone.

Tammy32
05-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Audrey, way to go!! :cp: You did it!! :balloons: That is wonderful. Keep up the good work!! :cheer:

tolose85
05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Hey Sarah-

I know exactly what you mean with the no loss thing.. All that hard work right and nothing to show for the week.. You wait, next week will be a big one.. I hoping for the same for both you and me! keep it up girl.. We're all in this together!

looosingit
05-03-2004, 05:41 PM
Hey - congratulations all! You can be sure that following your eating and exercise plan does show up on the scale....just look at Audrey who has just entered "Twoderville"! Hope that you don't mind me using your success as an example Audrey! I remember that you were dissapointed to have maintained at 300 on the nose last week. Your hard work really showed up this week with a 5# loss! CONGRATULATIONS!! Hooorayyyy!! Woooohooo!

barbygirl43
05-03-2004, 06:05 PM
Woohoo Audrey. Welcome to twoferville. May your stay be short and sweet on your way to onederland!!!

dowsx4
05-03-2004, 10:11 PM
first of all CONGRATULATIONS AUDREY!! It is a great feeling to enter into twoterville!

Suzie- one of the things that helps me is sugar free jello and sugar free fudgicles. They give me something to eat sweet with little impact. I do not think i would have gotten so far without them!

lessofsarahtolove
05-03-2004, 10:32 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, AUDREY!!!! THAT'S FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! :bravo::bravo::bravo:

howie6267
05-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Wow that is so cool Audrey you should be so proud of yourself. I can't wait to join you. To me that will be like most here being in Onederland since I am stoping in Twoferville for my goal.