Old 04-25-2004, 09:28 PM   #1  
heyboygetasweaterrightnow

Default has anybody heard of lean for life, or lindora?

i read about it in a magazine and picked up the book, but it just sounds too crazy for me.. its a low calorie low fat low carb diet. you eat only protein for 3 days to get into ketosis, and after that you raise your carb intake up to 50-100 (just as long as you are still in ketosis), except for one day a week that you continue to just eat protein on that day. after 28 days you go off the diet for 2 weeks and slowly add your calories back into your meals to give your body time to adjust its metabolism and keep burning a high number of cals, then you go back on the 28 days weight loss plan again. they want everything to be low/non fat.. its so confusing and so much to take in! the only part that made sense was every now and then slowly adding calories/carbs back in to make sure your body's metabolism didn't slow down from getting used to the low carb/low cal weeks.......

this is too much for my brain and i'm returning the book tomorrow. just wanted to see what you guys thought and if you'd heard anything, good or bad.
modestmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 11:31 AM   #2  
Head Princess

I've never heard of that one, but I think that anything you go on and off of is bad. It messes with your body and metabolism and doesn't teach you a thing about healthy eating or living for that matter.

The only way we're gonna get where we want to be and stay there is by comitting ourselves to lifelong changes.

Just my 2 cents.

StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:17 PM   #3  
Look at me go ;)

I agree with Star. Sounds like an approved type of "yo-yo" diet. Way too confusing for me. Besides, if you take out the fat, the calories AND the carbs, what the heck is left? I would be miserable!
Cinnymamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:33 PM   #4  
heyboygetasweaterrightnow

haha, i know! people lose on it because they can't eat aaaanything
modestmouse is offline   Reply With Quote