Support Groups - Stay at home Mom's #156

View Full Version : Stay at home Mom's #156

ECmom
04-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!

ECmom
04-24-2004, 02:06 PM
The last thread got really long......4 pages...so I thought it best to start a new one!
But it was sure busy, with lots of posts, so you will have to go back there to catch up with everyone.
Hope your weekend is going great!
Ginny

mompen
04-24-2004, 02:36 PM
HI LADIES!
We sure do have alot of new faces around here:)
It is great for motivation!

Sorry I haven't been around lately. :(

Just feeling down in the dumps and need to get back into a routine with my eating. Just not sure what to do as far as a plan. But I will find one that is right for me.

On the other hand, I have been doing flylady again and my house looks wonderful :) and my yard too :)

I hope everyone has a great day!

Loveliam
04-24-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi, Ginny! Good to hear from you. Yeah, I'm trying to make sure Liam gets introduced to veggies and healthy stuff. Also, I know DH and I have to model healthy eating for him as well. His doctor says they're really pushing that because of the childhood obesity problems we're having in the U.S.

Now, what's this about a c-section impacting your waist? I had a c-section, so am curious :) Does it make your waist larger?

I also like the WATP tapes, when I have time to do them. Now, it's easier to just walk with the baby. That way, he may actually nap - gasp!-

mompen
04-25-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi Ladies!
It Seems Like A Few Of Us Have Been Stress Eating! Well Tomorrow Is A New Day And A New Start!

I Just Realized I Only Have 7 More Weeks Until Andrew's First Birthday!!!! I Wanna Be Back Down To 159 By Then So I Have To Get On The Ball!!!!!

MichelleRae
04-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Hey girls!!!

Penny its soooo good to have you back after your little break :D I started my WATP tapes today and they are great!!

Leigh - I had a c-section too and my doctor said that it could cause you to have a little tummy flab right below above the incision, but of course she said it depends on the person too. I had my incision glued shut and I can hardly see the scar, the glue really was wonderful!! What did you have staples or glue, or do the still do stitches?

Ginny - Hope you had a great weekend!!

And anyone else that hasn't made it back to the boards, I hope you all had a great weekend too. Well today was my WI and...... I am down 1 more lb to 238 not a big loss but a loss none the less. I think I'm going to spend a few more weeks on induction and hopefully I can get rid of some of this excess baggage. LOL We spent a great weekend OP. Got the house scrubbed today its so clean we had to open the windows to air out the smell of cleaners ;) Got one child in bed and waiting for my 2yo to wear herself out, she's been a monster lol. Well I'm gonna get going and check out a few other threads.

Take Care
Michelle

mompen
04-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have our own webpage :

http://groups.msn.com/MomslosingWeight/homepage

in case the site ever goes down again :) :)

Everyone is welcome to post and share there profiles and pics there :)

watkinsguru
04-26-2004, 07:34 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

I am so glad 3FC is up and running again. Don't get me wrong I know about Moms losing weight and I even read all the messages and emails, but for some reason, I haven't spent much time on the net at all this weekend. I never had a chance to get there and post a message of my own.

Well, it seems some had a great weekend and others fell off the wagon. You know what. That's is so okay. Today is Monday, a fresh day, start anew.

Michelle, you're right a 1 lb. loss is still a loss. Think about it this way, would you have wanted your babies when they were born to be a pound heavier? I don't know about you, but I had my babies at home with a midwife and absolutely NO drugs and all my babies were 8.10, 8.12, and 8.14. So there is NO way I would want them to weigh one pound more. That one pound would have made a HUGE difference. 1 lb. is ALOT.

Melinda, so sorry about having a bad weekend. I can kind of understand, I didn't have a bad weekend, but my Andrew is teething and oh my gosh, he has been so cranky. I understand that you can't do anything with one of those hanging around on you. When exactly is your son's birthday. I have 6 weeks till my daughter, Ally's birthday on June 9th. She'll be three and I want to be down to like 175 or so by then.

Penny, today is a new day. Stand up, dust off and start from where you left off.

Spryng, I am so sorry to hear about your weekend. Like I said it happens to us all. And I know how you hate it, but actually for us still having such a long ways to go, you're even a bigger inspiration to us when you have a bad day. Not that we are happy you did, that's not what I mean, I think you'll understand. But when we sit back and think we've got all this weight to lose and if we screw up even once it's over, we can look at you and say hey, you did it even with these days so it assures us that it can be done.

Well, I know my WI is on friday, so take this as a whisper, I've lost my 2 pound gain. YEAH!!! Okay no one heard that. Yesterday for dinner, I had made a pot of White Northern Beans, sauteed some diced potatoes, yellow squash and zucchini and had a big salad with some Crystal Light to drink. It was a WONDERFUL dinner.

My dh finally told me he would till me a garden. YEAH. I asked him a few months ago and he said no, but the dogs we got, we're leaving out of their pen so I told him he could put me a small one in there. He said he will this week. We're gonna plant, squash, zucchini, cantaloupe, corn, carrots and beans. I can't wait. That will be good exercise too. He also said, he's gonna add a little section on the pen for a chicken coop. I'm gonna get a rooster that crows in the morning. I can't wait. I love mornings and waking up to that sound. I'm getting closer to having a farm. I've got the dogs, 3 to be exact, a cat, I'll have chickens, roosters and a garden.

Well, I didn't do much FLYing this weekend. I have this thing about doing much housework on the weekends. If I was having company I would, but other than keeping my sink shining, bed made, bathroom cleaned and of course some 5 minute room rescues, that was it. I'm still getting things together for my garage sale this weekend. I don't know what it is, I don't like doing laundry and down deep house cleaning on the weekends, not that I don't or won't if need be. So today is definitely gonna be a busy one playing catch up.

Well, I think that's it for me now. I hope everyone has a GREAT Monday. I'll check in later, TTYL

mompen
04-26-2004, 08:00 AM
Crystal,
Just wanted to say I have a garden with all the veggies planted and have 8 chickens! My chickies lay 8 eggs a day and the kids love going to get the eggs b/c they lay green and brown eggs :)

Yes today is a new day! And a new start for me!

Hope everyone has a great one!

Got a busy day ahead of me :( groceries, bills etc! Will check back in later :)

MichelleRae
04-26-2004, 09:58 AM
Good Morning!!!

Crystal - congrats on your 2lb loss!!!! And you're absolutely right about the 1lb loss after I read taht I just pictured a 1lb chub of hamburger lol. Have fun with your garden I would love to have one in my back yard but I'm sure my dog would dig it up so I don't bother trying lol, but i have tulips and roses in my front yard :D

Penny - Good for you getting back OP we're here for ya!! Have fun grocery shopping and paying bills....woo hoo you get all the fun stuff ;) jk

Well I should get going and see if there is something else for me to clean around this house, I somehow doubt it. Ok, see you ladies later!!

Take Care
Michelle

Chubba
04-26-2004, 10:26 AM
Welcome back ladies :coffee:

So glad to be able to catch up on everyone!! They could at least warn us when this is going to happen :p

Ginny- I have the 4 mi super challenge and it's still 60 min long. I wish it was shorter but what are you going to do? It is really good. This morning I did the 3 mi with the heavier weights. Glad you had a little bit of peace and quiet!!

Michelle...congrats on the loss! That's wonderful.

Hey Crystal..congrats on the 2#. Now, forget I said that :D

I had 2 c-sections and I have lots of tummy flab right above the incision :lol: Due to all the ice cream I ate while pregnant...not from the c-section! I had staples with both but my incision was below the hairline so you can't see it at all....not that I'll ever wear a bikini or anything :lol: ;)

Today I need to attack the kitchen again. I don't know how it got so messy...we went out to eat last night. The floor is horrible so it has got to be vac'd...mopped tonight after the monsters go to bed.
Then we'll probably go outside for awhile. Supposed to be in the 50's today but windy this afternoon. I would love to get some things planted in the garden today and I had bought some pansies last week that need planting too. It's supposed to be 34 overnight...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm ready for summer!

OK, gotta do the fun job that Penny's doing and pay some bills and get off of here!

WI tonight...not expecting too much...I'll let you know.

Spryng, Melinda, Penny, Jessie, Cindi, anyone I forgot :o have a great day!

ECmom
04-26-2004, 10:54 AM
Good morning!!!!!!!
Gee, I am glad that this is back up again. I tried to leave a message on the Moms losing weight site, but has some ISP problems....could not get it to work. Oh, well.
Today is Monday- a fresh start for me and staying OP! Had some trouble with stress eating this weekend. Got lots of excercise in though.

Crystal- this is just a whisper- but congrats on the 2# loss.......shhhhhhhhhhhh!
Keep up the good work.

Spryng-how did your weekend go?

Michele- WTG on your 1# loss!!!!!!

Geri- good for you getting the WATP tape in. You are so dedicated with that. WI is today for you, right? Good luck.

Penny- Sometimes we all hit a rut- and it is tough to stay motivated at times. Hang in there- post and vent......we will keep you hopping!

Leigh- glad you were able to get a workout in- how do you like the WATP tapes?

Did I miss anyone??? Sorry if I did. Gotta go....Dd has a Dr appt with the urologist......oh golly, I hope he does not want to move toward surgery. My next step here is to do some research on the web, so I'd better go.
Have a great day.
Ginny

BIGtimeLOSER
04-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Yes, I am one of those who fell off the wagon and then it rolled over me, and then it backed up over me again! We had no A/C at all and I didn't feel like cooking so we had too much fast food! I tried to pick good stuff, but don't know if I really did. Oh well, what's done is done!

I did get into my jeans that are a size smaller, YIPPEEEEEEEEE! They are tight, but they button and zip and aren't terribly uncomfortable. It wasn't so long ago that they were several inches from buttoning, so that's good enough for me for now!

Today I am going to start exercising hard and heavy, dh quit his job and went back to his self employed construction work today, so I think I can devote more time to myself without him underfoot. He's happy, so I am happy.

Congrats to all you losers! The rest of us just need to get tough and get busy, we can have a bad day or two, and will! It's just when we DON'T start back on track that we fail! So we are all good!!

With no A/C I did no Flying or anything much(besides sweating), so I have LOTS fo catching up to do. My weekends are like yours, Crystal, I just don't do as much anyway, but this one was far worse with all the troubles we had. So I'll be back to check on everyone later!

Drink your water now!!!!

spryng
04-26-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm BACK!!!!! LOL! I thought I'd never get back into this site. I had to re-boot my computer for it to work. But anyway... here I am!!

There are already alot of posts I am behind on so I will be brief. Congrats to all who have lost weight today!! Geri I'll be looking forward to your WI tonight also. :) Sending you skinny vibes!
My weekend was semi-good. Saturday was very bad as those of you know who was posting on the mom's losing weight boards over the weekend. Did ALOT of stress eating on saturday but got it out of my system. Sunday was MUCH better. I'm doing a little weight challenge with myself right now. I'm increasing my protein and decreasing my carbs until May 7 to give my metabolism a little boost. I was going through my WW journal and noticed that I eat alot of starchy high carb things with just about every meal so I'm toning down on those things to see if it helps or not. So far so good. I was constantly running to the bathroom yesterday so it must be helping somwhere. Didn't realize I was retaining that much water. :o
Also I think someone posted about not cleaning much during the weekend. Well flylady doesn't do zones on the weekends, all we had to do was keep up our morning and night routines so you were just fine. I did work in my bedroom on saturday to finish it up. And boy is it great now. Today we start the living room and because I pick it up everynight now it will be a breeze. I spent 15 min working on my entertainment center today and now it is organized and uncluttered. That is one of my hot spots.
I took some pictures yesterday of the kids in our backyard I want to share with you all too. I'll post them after this post. They came out pretty well. I want to get a couple blown up for me.
I guess that is about it. I promise to get personal later. I need to get off here. TTYL! So glad this site is up and running again! I missed you all!

spryng
04-26-2004, 12:54 PM
I was only able to upload this pic of Tanner right now. It said my other pics were too large so I have to go and make them smaller. I'll get them on here later. Bye!

spryng
04-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Here are those other pics now after much hairpulling to get them smaller, lol.

watkinsguru
04-26-2004, 10:05 PM
Wow, this board has been extremely slow today. I guess a few people are still having trouble using it, I hope that gets fixed soon.

I hope everyone has had a great day. Spryng, those pictures are too cute. You'll have to tell me how you do all that. Hope you had a good day back in action.

I don't think there has been many posts since my last for me to check in with.

Michelle, hope your day has been good.

Cindi, I can understand about your weekend, don't forget we all have them.

Hi to everyone else out there.

I didn't get as much done in my livingroom as I had hoped but I did manage to get through all of the garage sale stuff and I mean ALL of it. That was an accomplishment. Tomorrow will be focused totally on the livingroom. I did great on eating today. Didn't get that extra exercise in and I'm about 2 glasses short of my 8. Maybe I can get that in before the night is over. I've been staying at or right below my 1500 calories a day.

Well, I'm gonna sit back and relax. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Chubba
04-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Good evening all!

Just a quick hello 'cause I went grocery shopping after my TOPS meeting so I got home just a short time ago. Gotta go kiss my boys and do a little cleaning then off to bed with me. Everyone else is already there so I'll sneak those little kisses in :D

My WI was down .5 lb. I knew it wouldn't be much so I'm not bothered. 10 weeks without a gain :cb: what's to be bothered about?? My gf gained 6 lbs! She had a fun eating week! It was her birthday and she bought brownies from Sam's club...big mistake...brownies are her downfall and you never buy things like that from Sam's because you get like 6 dozen in a batch :lol: . She'll lose it in no time...she's my biking buddy.

Crystal...your garage cleaning counts as exercising...I'm betting that's a whole lot of bending and stretching.

Awww Spryng...the kiddies are adorable! Looks nice and warm by you :p

Cindi..you've had a full plate lately...and I'm not talking about eating. :lol: The exercise makes a big, big difference!

Ginny....good vibes for the urologist visit!!

Well, Hello to everyone I missed. Hope you're all back soon! Have a great night and I'll talk to you in the morning.

MichelleRae
04-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Hey Ladies!!!

Crystal - yes today has been really slow for posting. My livingroom was clean when I woke up today so I didnt really have anything to do in there, except we just picked up all the kids toys that were all over the floor lol. WTG on doing great on eating well today!! Hope you have a wonderful evening.

Spryng - What wonderful pics your little ones are just precious!! Hope you had a wonderful day and an even better evening.

Everyone else I hope you are all doing well!!

I had a great day, spent lots of time with the kids, got my housework done and laundry is finished, linen closet restocked, and drawers have magically filled themselves again. Floors are vaccuumed and Mopped, and I tell ya I'm tuckered out but once I get the kids tosleep I'm gonna at least do the one mile walk or try anyway my 2 yo is putting me through the test right now grrrrrr little rascal will not settle downand is just being emotional for some reason. Oh well, hopefully she'll go to sleep soon. Ok well I'm gonna go finish watching The Swan, Hope you all have a great night.

Take Care
Michelle

spryng
04-26-2004, 11:33 PM
Good evening all!

Michelle, yes I did have a wonderful day and evening. I love Mondays. :) Since all my house work was done by 10 am this morning I didn't do much of anything the rest of the day. I did get to tan tonight which was nice. But I'm getting burnt out on it (no pun intended) But I've paid for this month already but next month I plan to only go once a week. I don't want to get really dark. I like my skin color now. My DH's cousin (who I go with) has a very dark tan and she'll tan 3-4 days a week all summer so by the end of summer she is too dark (IMHO) I don't want to look like that. You can see some of my tan in my avatar... I'm a little darker now than that and I don't want to get any darker. Ok, enough about that, lol. Just trailed off there didn't I? What did you think of The Swan tonight? I really liked the blonde's transformation. So pretty.
Geri congrats on the .5 lb!!! And yes 10 weeks without a gain is a huge thing! You should be so proud of yourself! I was watching dr.phil today and thinking of you. Did you watch it? My DH has been talking alot lately about losing weight. I think he is ready. He loves WW because he sees how well it works for me but doesn't think he can count pts while on the road and eating at no-name restaurants. So I mentioned Dr.Phil's plan. That he wouldn't have to keep track of pts or cals or anything. And the more I thought about the better it sounded for him. Seeing those two guys on the weight loss challenge lose all that weight (and they are cute!) I know my DH could do it too. So I'm going to see about buying the book for him, who knows, maybe when I hit my personal goal weight I can maintain with Dr.Phil and stop counting pts. What do you think? Do you think Dr.Phil is a plan my Dh could do out on the road or does it require too much preperation and no eating out? He does have a microwave and a george foreman grill in his truck so he can do some light cooking. I'd love to hear your input on this.
Crystal, I have a digital camera I take pictures with. It's a Kodak Easyshare one that I just love. Then I upload them onto my computer, edit them with my kodak program and then save them to a file on my desktop then I am able to upload them onto sites like this one. of course like today they needed to be smaller so I had to run them through another photo program (fxfoto) to resize them and then save them again. It took me awhile to figure it out but I did it, lol. When do you plan on having your garage sale? I'm hoping to do mine sometime next month. I still have the kids closets to go through and my entire shed (which will take days of work and nice weather to do)
Well, did my evening routine and now I am ready to call it a night. Have to return movies and go grocery shopping tomorrow. And I'm trying a new recipe, Morrocan Drumsticks with saffron brown rice. I hope it is as good as the picture shows it. I'll let you all know. Stuck on You comes out tomorrow and I want to rent it, DH saw it in the theater and loved it so I'm anxious to see it too.
Well, guess I'll get off here. TTYL!

MichelleRae
04-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Hi guys!!

I just finished my 2 mile walk, my daughter even did the first 1/2 mile of it with me it was pretty cute. But I just wanted you all to know that I DID get my work out in lol hows that for dedication ;) jk :p :dizzy: :smug:

I should probably get my butt in bed now, I will talk to you all in the morning.

Sweet Dreams!!

Michelle

Loveliam
04-27-2004, 07:19 AM
Hi! We have a guest from out of town so I'll get back to posting and responding tomorrow. I miss you all!

watkinsguru
04-27-2004, 07:37 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Good morning ladies. The posts seem to be picking up a bit. Hope everyone is doing good this morning.

Spryng, I have the same camera but for some reason my battery keeps dying. I put a new one in and in like a couple of weeks it was dead again. Haven't got another new one. Sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Have fun running your errands today. I had to get out yesterday. I'll be home all day today. I'm having my garage sale this weekend. At my mom's, I live out too far, I can have one, but I don't do as well. My mom lives about 10 minutes from me in town in a very nice neighborhood. It is prime location.

Leigh, hope you're doing well having your company. Can't wait to have you back.

Michelle, way to go on the workout. That is totally great for you.

Well, I didn't sleep great, but that's okay I'll try to get a nap in this afternoon. I'm focusing on the livingroom today, dusting and cleaning out from under the furniture. And I've never mopped every week but today has been a week and it needs it. To make it my routine, I will do that too. I've got a couple of loads of laundry and school to do. We had leftovers for dinner yesterday so I'll have to get in there and make something fresh and good tonight. Dh tilled my garden yesterday. Still alittle too wet so hopefully the sun will dry it out more today and he'll till again today and maybe by tomorrow I can plant my seeds. I can't wait.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day and I'm sorry if I missed anyone out there. Hi to all. TTYL

mompen
04-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Hi Ladies~

I just wanted to pop in! Andrew has been running fever since yesterday so I haven't been on here. I am bringing him into the doctor today to make sure he isn't having a breakthrough kidney infection. I am hoping it is just from teething but better sure than sorry.!

I will address everyone when I get back :) :) :)

Have a great day,
Penny

MichelleRae
04-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Leigh - We'll be glad to have you back, hope everything went well with your guest :D

Crystal - I didn't sleep well last night either I think it is because I did my workout right before bed and it got me pumped up oh well hopefully I can nap with the kids later today. I hope that your garden will be ready to plant soon I know it must be exciting :D

Penny - I sure hope that Andrew is ok. You are in my thoughts, let us know how things go at the doctor.

Ok I got a screamin kid so I better get off here I'll post again after chores are done

Take Care
Michelle

Chubba
04-27-2004, 10:26 AM
Good morning all :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Michelle...congrats on the walk. I would have a hard time sleeping right after too 'cause Leslie gets me all pumped up!

Penny, hope all goes well with Andrew. :crossed:

Spryng..Dr Phil's plan is easy to follow...you have to get rid of the junk food and maybe he could cook a little more for himself too and not eat out so much. It's tougher to make healthy choices when you don't know how much butter they're using to cook...but you can usually find something. Anyway, alot of Dr P's plan involves the psychology behind overeating etc. Intentional exercise is a biggie too. Does Dh have much opportunity to do that? He could keep some weights in his truck and maybe walk or jog? It's good that he wants to lose. He looks alot like my Dh (lots of belly). Mine says he gets enough exercise at work but then he would be fit don't you think :lol: ?

Crystal...isn't the garden exciting? I got our onions planted yesterday while Tony took his usual 30-45 min nap. Mom's coming back into town today so she'll be over tomorrow to help me get the rest of the early stuff in. Will even helped to plant the onion bulbs...he was so cute..."my turn...my turn". He's not always the little devil I describe :devil: ..just most of the time ;) .

Well tomorrow night is our monthly "girl's dinner" and dessert is here at my house so I will have to do a good cleaning today. It's supposed to be in the 70's so we may be sitting outside but I'll clean anyway just in case! The kitchen is the room that needs it most. I'm making an eclair torte...with graham crackers, french vanilla pudding, cool whip and chocolate frosting...it's yummy and worth all the calories! I could use low fat, fat free stuff...but I'm not. The servings are small. :D

Got the 4 mile walk in although the last 5 minutes I had to have Tony in my arms :lol: . At least the movements were very small by that time and I had some extra weight to make for a better workout!

My goal for this week is to plan better for meals! I didn't do so well with that. I need to chop up my salad veggies so I can throw a salad together quickly when I want one. It's tough to get my own lunch together when I'm trying to get the boys fed you know?

OK, Tony want's me to say bye bye now. TTYL

mompen
04-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi Everyone!

Michelle,
Did you get in a nap yet??? Hope the kids are giving you a little break :) :)

Geri,
Hope you have a great time tomorrow night! You deserve it! You have been working so hard!

I took Andrew to the doctor this morning. His fever was still up and his ears were clear. He said his throat was a little red but he didnt think the fever was from that. So he gave him another antibiotic to take and then he goes back to his other antibiotic.

He sent us to the hospital to check his iron levels and kidney functions. We will find out something in the morning. I am hoping for the best but thinking he has another infection. Mother's intution.

Hope everyone has a good day,
Got to got take care of my fussy baby!
Penny

spryng
04-27-2004, 02:03 PM
Good afternoon all!
Well I just got back from shopping a little while ago. Put away all my groceries and am now taking a breather. Tanner is at the age where he doesn't want to sit in the basket, he tries to stand up even with the belt thingy on. So I fought with him the whole time I was shopping. Thankfully the other two were good.
Geri, thanks for your imput about Dr.Phil's plan. I bought his book today so I'm eager to read it. I just hope DH is serious about losing weight because it cost alot of money! lol. As for intentional exercise, well.... he can probably buy some weights for the truck and do crunches and push ups but that will be about it. He doesn't have much space to work with. When he is home I can talk him into going for long walks now that the weather is nice again. I also told him he can park further from the truck stops to get a little walking in and all that. Your girls dinner sounds so good! I hope you have a great time. How many girls are there in all that do that?
Crystal, do you have a printer dock for your camera? Dh bought me one for our anniversary and it charges your battery. So I won't need to spend money on those expensive digital camera batteries. That reminds me, are you using those kind of batteries or regular AA? The digital camera batteries will last longer. What seeds are you planting?
Penny I sure hope Andrew is just teething. Keep us informed!
Leigh enjoy your guests!
Michelle, congrats on getting in your workout last night! Someone really needs to yank my hair and drag me into the living room to make me get some in too. I suck in that area right now. :(
So I bought Saffron Thread for the first time (for my saffron rice tonight) and it was 13 bucks for a little bottle!!! Ugh. Highway robbery. It's just a weed, right? lol. I think I will bottle my crab grass and sell it for that much too and call it an herb. LOL, jk. :) But I know dinner will be good. (I hope) I hit subway for lunch.
Michelle have you tried any other those low carb wraps and such that are everywhere now?
Well, I did all of my morning routine before I left this morning except for 15 min in my zone. I'll probably do that after nap time. I just want to sit and relax right now. Hope everyone is having a great day!! TTYL!

watkinsguru
04-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Hi all. Just checking in for the afternoon. Still have some chores to get done, but hoping for a nap.

Penny, sure hope Andrew is okay. I know having a sick baby can be stressful and scary, which can be stressful. I'll pray for you both.

Spryng, I know exactly what you mean about the kids and the grocery store. My problem isn't with Andrew it's with Ally, she's almost 3. She's good, but when I get groceries, she can't ride in the buggy so I make her hold on and walk with me, but the littlest things will get her attention, and she'll just stay back and not even notice I've drifted away. I have to stop and call her and it's a pain. The past three times I've gone, dh has stayed with them. Or some of them. I'm planting, squash, zucchini, cantaloupe, tomato, (which we don't eat), corn, carrots and green beans. I'll probably plant tomorrow. I can't wait. No I don't have the printer dock and I was using the digital camera batteries, but they don't last long either. Maybe I can invest in the dock thingy soon.

I'm still doing my flylady things and my routines are sticking, which come to think of it, I really already had those. But the tasks I'm giving myself each day are getting done, but not as quickly. Which is good and bad. It's good that I don't overwhelm myself in the am hours, but as the day drags, I start to find other things to keep me busy and am finding myself thinking about getting out of doing whatever it was. But I haven't fallen for that yet. I'm still doing them. I still have to dust the livingroom furniture and mop the kitchen. Laundry is in progress, I've rearranged the livingroom furniture and vacuumed, my bed is made. I pulled the wagon with Andrew in it and the girls and I walked to the mailbox, dinner is thawing so it's not like I've done nothing, just haven't finished what I've wanted to get done. No worries, I will. Waiting for Andrew to lay down for his afternoon nap. I'm just learning to take it slow, which is good, right?
Here I am rambling on. Sorry, just taking this break from outside, which it is flat out HOT today. Only like 81 or 82, but wow, the sun is beaming.

TTYL

BIGtimeLOSER
04-27-2004, 03:02 PM
I see everyone is having a pretty good day so far!

Today I have had Krave bar and a banana , lunch is homemade salsa and lowfat chips, dinner is gonna be taco salad! That should be pretty good, don't ya think? It'll be good to me, LOL!!

I am adjusting to having dh gone during the day, so far I like it! I am getting more housework done, but not quite where I needed it to be when the man I am buying this house from came by! EEEEK!! Never fails! If I had not had that darn tumble off the wagon, I'd be AOK!

Still trying to work harder on the exercise, it will be easy once I determine where to stick into my new schedule. I wish thinking about it counted!!! :lol:

See you all in a bit, my 15 minutes is up, time for MORE LAUNDRY!!

jbbm
04-27-2004, 03:26 PM
Hi

There are so many girls on this site I am sorry I can not adressed you all personally. But I will try. Everyones talk about dinner and food is getting me starved and I have some ideas what I might make for dinner. Maybe hamburgers on the grill with all the fixings or bratwust. Who knows it might be spaghetti night :lol:! Everything sounds good now. Today so far I have been really good eating wise. I had a larger breakfast and I think that helped. I didn't eat lunch until 1:30.

Spryng, gosh I don't know how you do it going to the stores with three kids. Superwoman! When I go to the store its almost always alone. My husband does alot of the grocery shopping. My kids love to go though and fill up the cart! I know from watching Food TV saffron is a very expensive spice. Hopefully it turns out great for you. I wish my kids were not so picky and would eat something like that. I feel like I have one who only eats what he wants and the other is developing a major sweet tooth. But the sweet tooth eater will try new foods and eat a pretty well balanced diet. Just have to worry about the other one. Isn't that what motherhood is about worry :lol:!

Geri I love fresh foods from the garden. My in-laws usually do one and we get to go over there and take whatever we want but this year they are just doing tomatoes again. Mostly due to the fact they are getting to old and fil just had a major hip surgery. We really do not have a yard to do a garden, oh well I will have to hit the Farmer's Market this summer and stock up and freeze some veggies.

Penny I hope you son Andrew is okay. Give him lots of love and TLC. It is hard when the little ones are sick. I know that for sure.

Michelle doesn't it feel like everytime you want to post, the kids are screaming or need something? I know how that goes.

Well I should go clean something. I will try to keep getting to know your names! Julie

MichelleRae
04-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Hey girls!!

Well I got my work out in today too, I did the 2 mile walk again this morning and maybe I'll do the 1 mile before bed.

Spryng - I only buy the low carb tortillas I haven't had any of the wraps from restaurants, I've heard they aren't as low carb as they say they are supposed to be.

Crystal - Glad to hear you are sticking to your flylady routines, I am too and its great to have such a clean house.

Penny - Noooo I never got a nap in, my sister wanted us to go to wal-mart with her so I was out for most of the morning and I am BEAT lol. I hope Andrews blood work comes back ok, I'll be thinking of you guys!

Geri - I'm so envious of you being able to get a whole 4 mile walk in my 2 girls would barely let me do the 2 miles lol. Keep up the great work, and have a blast at girls night out.

Julie - You are absolutely right, everytime I think the girls are calm and I can do my work out or read a few pages of my book they just start in on me lol.

Well I did eat out at McD's today but I had one of their new salads it was the fiesta salad, I just picked the chips out of it and didnt use all the salsa and 2g carb for the sour cream I figure about 10g for the meal which is fine cuz I still have 10 carbs left for dinner!! The past couple days I gave myself a 5g buffer on the carbs so I could go up to 25g which helps when I want to "splurge" if you can even call it that lol. Anyway I need to go decide whats for dinner, I'll probably post after Idol tonight.

Take Care
Michelle

spryng
04-27-2004, 07:29 PM
Good evening all!
My dinner came out so great! Moroccan Drumsticks with Saffron rice. Yum. I also made some corn on the cob to go with it and the kids loved that. I will definitely make that recipe again. And it only called for a pinch of saffron so all is not wasted. Should last me quite a while.
Michelle, I buy the low carb tortillas too because they are higher in fiber and less fat than the regular low fat ones, plus I like their taste. I'll be using them tomorrow when I make a breakfast burrito. Have you finished your two week induction phase yet? I think the 5 carb buffer sounds good. You are doing great!
Julie, shopping with my 3 kids can be rough at times but they are pretty good. They know that if they aren't good then we won't go look at toys or buy them any candy, so that keeps them focused. But I have no choice since DH is gone so much.
Cindi, if I had salsa and chips for lunch I would be ravenous by dinner! But it does sound good. I try to get some protein in during lunch to tide me over though. And I am having the same problem with you with the exercise. I just have no room for it right now. I clean in the morning, do my zone work, and at night I re-pick up the house, do dishes, sweep, etc and I'm so ready for bed. Plus I have to chat with Dh after the kids go to bed so that keeps me up even longer. I just need to make some room for it but don't have a clue where to start. Let me know what you come up with, ok?
Crystal, your garden sounds like it will be great. I'm thinking about doing tomatoes only. In buckets. I love fresh homegrown tomatoes as a snack. And they get expensive around here sometimes. My flylady routines are starting to really feel like second nature too. At first I dragged myself into the kids rooms at night to pick them up before bed but I knew that if I missed even one night then it would be 10 times worse the next day so I made myself (with their help) do it. And now it's a habit. I get the kids ready for bed, brush their teeth, have them use the bathroom, get a drink and then we pick up their floors, read a book and then lights out. So it works great now. Enjoy your 80 degree weather! It's suppose to be 84 here tomorrow so I bought a new sprinkler for the kids to play in tomorrow. Maybe when DH comes home next month we can get them a new pool for the summer. They are already begging to swim. Today it's 75 degrees and feels so good.
Well, guess i will get off here and get ready for American Idol. Are they going to be singing Gloria Estefan (sp?) songs or is she just judging? I'm not a big fan of hers.
Well, TTYL!

mompen
04-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Hi Ladies! GONNA START A NEW THREAD! SEE YA THERE!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=571072#post571072