Support Groups - Stay at home Mom's #155

View Full Version : Stay at home Mom's #155

ECmom
04-22-2004, 06:20 PM
Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!

ECmom
04-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Simply amazing.....I am back. Had to check email for Dh, Dd has finally settled on a college.....and we have been emailing her future coach back and forth all day with information regarding her scholarship. Pfew! One battle over.

Spryng- how is Tanner??? I agree with Michele- if the pink eye is viral, there is little that can be done, however, sometimes it is bacterial and then usually is in conjunction with an ear infection or other bacterial infection. Most likely should be seen by a Dr. But putting drops in a baby's eye.....well that is another story.

Crystal- congrats on getting the fridge cleaned out! What a miserable job, but what a feeling of accomplishment for you.

Leigh- congrats to Liam for sitting up!!!!!! Don't you just love the smile of accomplishment! A great day for both of you.

Michele- I, like you , try to have a refill of the drops around the house. It can be so easy to treat....and the drops work well. And pink eye is so contagious!

As far as the vacuuming/cleaning go. I vacuum well once a week, and usually get one touch up time mid week. I mop the kitchen floor (bucket, mop etc) once a week- and bought myself one of those cheapie swiffersn not the one with the tank- just one that can use wet or dry wop cloths. I use the wet cloths once or twice a week to attempt to keep the really bad areas cleaner- in between moppings. (I can be a bit obsessive about my kitchen floor- but there are times that really the only rooms in my house that are in good shape are the kitchen and bathrooms-it is just to hard to work and keep up after the piggies).
So there......and tomorrow I got all my errands done today (shy of one quickie) and am cleaning tomorrow.....the house needs it!
Guess I'd better get off my duff and make dinner. We are having leftover taco casserole (Ds who will probably not like the other thing) and a stir fried chicken with veggies in a cream like sauce(not a real recipe, I am winging it on this one!).
Have a great nite!
Ginny

MichelleRae
04-22-2004, 06:36 PM
Leigh - Liam is an absolute doll!!! Ohhh so cute!!

Spryng - Great Pictures it sure looks like you guys had fun!!

Arrgghhh I'm just exhausted already I guess thats cool though cuz usually I stay up late and I've been getting to bed at a reasonable hour :) thanks to flylady I'm pretty zonked by 10pm lol. Well, Today went well house is still spotless 'cept for the toys on the floor in the living room, I'm gonna get a nice decorative basket to put in the living room to put toys in quick and easy and then when I'm ready to really put them away I can just take the basket in the kids play room and do it :D Geez today I kinda feel really hungry but I'm not giving in to any hunger pangs, I think its just cuz I'm tired.

Well I'm gonna go check on the sleeping baby I'll talk to you guys later!!

Michelle

spryng
04-22-2004, 07:33 PM
Good evening all!
Michelle, hope you get your rest in. And I am the same way lately, I feel so tired at night because of how busy I keep myself during the day now. Feels good to go to bed knowing you did a good job though, doesn't it?
Ginny, 3 posts in one day?! I'm so glad!!! Tanner is fine. Turns out it isn't pink eye and it's not contagious. But he prescribe a drop for his eyes (I'm going to look it up in a while) that I have to put in for 3-5 days. Yeah, try holding a 10 month old down and pry his eyes open. Not an easy thing, lol. Hope your stir fry came out great!
I was starving by the time I got home. Had to run those movies back and that was in another town. But I went ahead and rented a couple more dvds to watch throughout this week. But as soon as I got home I threw together those soft tacos and ate four before coming up for air! LOL. But even at that I am still 5 pts away from my target today so I think I will have a few peanut m&m's and call it good. WI is tomorrow so I don't want to push it. But I am full now and ready to start my evening routine. Guess I'll talk to you all later!

Chubba
04-22-2004, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone,

Cute picture of Liam Leigh! How did the solids go? Sometimes the first few feedings are barely anything!

Spryng...loved your pics too. Boy I can't wait for the warm weather to get back here. Will wanted to go out to play today but it was cold and windy. Saw the neighbor boys outside with there winter jackets and mittens. :(
Good that Tanner doesn't have pink eye. Will used to get conjunctivitis (?) similar to pink eye. I had to use salve on him...try that! I think drops would have been much easier.

Ginny congrats on the loss! :cp: Also good you don't have to look at any more colleges...for now :D

Today I did 4 loads of laundry and have about 2 more to go. Tony has too many clothes as did Will at his age. I still have to keep some of the winter stuff in the dresser and I've been washing all the shorts and summer stuff and trying to get that in the dresser. Out of room but not out of laundry. Guess I'll have to go through and pick out my favorites and put the rest away for the rummage sale. He'll no doubt get more clothes for his birthday :^:

Let's see, I vac a couple of times a week...depends what the floors look like ;) . I mop about once a week...white ceramic tile floor :( . I started going through all my clothes too and packed up some of the sweaters and the stuff I don't wear and even some that are to BIG :smug: . Whatever doesn't sell in the rummage will go to charity. I'm only keeping my largest pair of jeans so that I can put my skinny body into them someday and take pictures. :cool:

Tonights dinner ended up being leftovers from last night. Thought Dh maybe would want to go out for dinner for his Bd but he didn't really feel like it.

Did some running today and got myself another 4 mile walk dvd (1 hour! - we'll see how the boys like that) and some heavier wrist weights. Gotta sweat some more!!

OK, not much else new here. Hi to everyone else out there!

Have a great night.

watkinsguru
04-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Well girls. Sounds like everyone has had a great day.

Spryng, glad to here Tanner doesnt' have pink eye. With three kids that would not be fun. 4 tacos, wow, I wish I could. Yes I did get that lime sauced chicken from meals.com, but I didn't get to make it. Long story, I'll make it in a day or so. I'll let you know how it is.

Ginny, it's been nice to have you around more often lately. Your day sounded good.

Michelle, glad to know you're FLYing high too. I actually submitted my testimony to her. I know it's only been a week, but what I set out for was already accomplished so I thought she would want to hear that.

Well, I didn't get to exercise today. Broke that mold. Dh got home and mowed, didn't finish until dark. I did get out and play with the kids and dogs for a bit. I'm fixing to tackle a few shirts to iron. I HATE ironing. It's the main thing I get behind on ALWAYS, I'm hoping flylady can pull me out of this rut. I don't know that I'll get any one task done tomorrow, other than my basic routine. Friday's are my days out. You know I can tell my appetite is decreasing. It doesn't take as much to feel me up. I had a big salad and one corny dog for dinner. That was it and I'm great. I had enough calories to enjoy a WW dessert, cheesecake with stawberry sauce, yummy. I would like y'all to know I have had all 8 glasses of water, plus some, EVERY day this week.

Well, I've got to get to these shirts. Hope everyone has a great night. I'll check in in the AM.
TTYL

MichelleRae
04-23-2004, 12:42 AM
Sounds like everyone had a great night!! Thats always good to hear :)

I haad 3 tacos I shoulda stopped at 2 but they were so good, oh well its the first time since I started my diet that I gorged myself lol Oh I wanted to tell everyone about www.myvirtualmodel.com it is a site where you can create a virtual model of yourself I made several of them at my beginning weight then 10lbs lighter and so forth til I got to my goal weight it is a great way for you to see what a difference 10 lbs can make :) I made a progression pic of mine I'll try to attach it :) Oh and the last pic with out a weight on it is at 140 lbs

Me and hubby got the nighttime routine done in like 20 minutes its wonderful the floors are cleaned and vaccuumed and mopped dishes done and everything is dusted and the bathroom is scrubbed Woooo Hooooo!! It feels so good to go to bed with a spotless house!!

Tomorrow I need to go out and get Teagan one of those things that keeps them on their back when they sleep she's been rolling to her stomach in the middle of the night and I'm a bit worried about it so we'll see if it helps...any suggestions??

Ummmmm whatelse can I gab about? LOL OH where has Penny been? Penny oh Pennnyyyyyyy where are youuuuuu, I know you're lurking ;) I miss ya girly.

Oh and I got an appt with my gynecologist to talk about my weight gain (from thyroid) and see if she'll give me the weight loss meds to help me get healthy quicker, my sister used meridia, even though she wasnt near as heavy as I am and wow she looks good, but we'll see what the doc has to say they will probably want to fiddle with my thyroid levels for a bit before they decide yes or no, but I'm hoping yes.

Ok that's enough from me I'm gonna check out some other threads and head to bed :)

Take Care
Michellehttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/WeightProgress.png

mompen
04-23-2004, 01:35 AM
michelle ~
great site!
I did mine!

watkinsguru
04-23-2004, 06:55 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
It's still kind of early, although I love getting up early. I'm up because of my son, and now I hear him again. I guess I'll cut this short, I'll be back around in about an hour.
Sorry

watkinsguru
04-23-2004, 07:30 AM
:coffee: :coffee:
Okay I'm back. Andrew just needed alittle mommy attention to get him back to sleep I guess. He had been doing pretty good, but I don't know why he did this.
Anyway,

Michelle, that virtual body looked nice. But did you notice her boobs didn't change. I know mine will get smaller, and her legs are long and she didn't have stretch marks. For me, that's all just wishful thinking. Even when I get to my goal weight I won't look like that. And about your baby, I don't remember how old she is. My babies slept on their tummies pretty much as soon as they were born. They all slept better that way. To make it worse, I even kept pillows and several blankets in there with them. I wouldn't recommend the pillows, but I think w/o a pillow they are fine on their tummies. Some babies just prefer it and even sleep better.

Okay here's the news.................I gained 2 pounds. :( :( :cry: But for some reason, it actually motivates me more. The weeks that I lost 5 pounds I only got off plan one day and this week I was off plan like 3 days, so obviously. The only thing that does confuse me is that I got in more exercise this week and all on top of doing ALOT more housework, strenuous housework. But nonetheless, I am more motivated. I really think using flylady has changed my attitude so much that's why I feel that way. I'm not all down in the dumps like I use to would be. This gives me 2 weeks to lose 7 lbs. to meet my goal for the book fair. I can do it, I can do it.

I hope everyone else's WI goes good. I hope everyone has a good day. I'll be heading out after breakfast to do my daily thing. I won't make it back until about dinner time. I'll check in tonight.

TTYL

Loveliam
04-23-2004, 09:07 AM
OMG!!! I've now lost a total of 3 lbs!!! I wasn't even going to weigh myself, because otherwise I get obsessed and weigh myself every day. But I wanted to check to make sure I wasn't gaining. Well, lo and behold, the scale said 170lbs! :lol: :dizzy:

Ginny - Congratulations on your daughter's impending college experience. Will she be fairly close-by? The dinner you described sounded yummy!

Michelle - Thank you for the Liam compliments! About Teagan rolling - once they roll, most doctors say not to be overly worried about them not breathing on their stomachs because they are able to roll to their backs again or move out of the way if something's suffocating them. However, you should defiinitely check on her - I roll Liam back to his back even though he can fully roll, but I try not to freak out about it too much if he's on his belly. I like your living room basket idea - I use a decorative tote bag for quick pick-up. Also, we can store stuff inside our coffee table - we live in a condo, so everything doubles as storage :D Love the virtual model. I have to go try it. I've used it on HSN's website, but never tried the weight projection.

Spryng - How does maintenance work on WW? Do you still stick to points, but have more points to work with? I'm very curious about weight maintainence :lol:

Geri - THank you for the Liam compliments! Liam did not like the rice cereal, but I'm sure he'll get used to it. Liam also seems to have too many clothes, but the whole sizing thing is so confusing. He grows so quickly, so things fit for, literally, a week. Then I have tons of stuff, but am missing something basic he needs all the time. It's crazy and I feel like I'm constantly buying something.

Crystal - Maybe we'll see your flylady testimonial in an email! I'm glad you're motivated and not discouraged by the small gain - that's a great attitude!

need2losemore
04-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Good morning. this might be my only chance on here today. We had severe storms last night, was even under tornado warning for a while. More storms are coming. I also need to get my workout in, and do a speed cleaning. I have playgroup coming over at 10. My weigh in was still the same. Leigh, Liam is adorable. They get so big so fast. Michelle, I wouldn't worry too much about Teagan rolling onto her stomach. They say once they can do it on their own, its not such a big deal. Like some of the others said, both of mine slept better when they were able to roll onto their stomachs. Of course, now they sleep on their backs. Go figure. I have used that virtual model at glamour.com to try on clothes in their magazine.Hey, Geri, give me some butt kicking advice on getting back into my work outs full force. I have been kind of half doing them. Penny, spryng, andrea, ginny, dena, have a great day.

Loveliam
04-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Good morning, Ricci :)

Wow! I did it! Kitchen was already clean from last night, so spent only 5 minutes straightening it to shine. Spent 15 minutes in master bath (this is my one problem area I really have to stay on top of. DH sure knows how to leave water, shaving cream, etc. everywhere), and sorted the laundry and began 1 load. Boy does that feel good. And it's only 10am :lol:

One thing I can't find on Flylady web site - when she says "swish" your toilet, what does she mean exactly? I cleaned it the old fashioned way!

spryng
04-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Good morning all!
Ricci, half doing a workout is better than not doing them at all, lol. And it seems you got all the storms I was suppose to get but they went south on us. Not that I am complaining. But these storms are producing so many tornadoes. Stay safe. Do you have a celler? We don't so I panic every time a storm comes through because I have no where to go.
Leigh, congrats on the 3# loss!!! That is great! What is your normal WI day? And yes when I do maintanance on WW I still count pts. The week I hit my goal weight (this would be my personal goal weight) I add 4 pts to my target for the week, and then at the end of the week if I gained I take away 2 pts and if I lost I add 2 pts, you do this for 6 weeks and then at the end of six weeks you should know for sure what your maintanance pts will be and you are a lifetimer! (well, technically I have to go to meetings to be considered a real lifetimer but I'm going to think of myself as one anyway when I get there, lol) Alot of people can maintain on 25-30 pts a day plus their flexpoints so I am looking forward to that.
Crystal, so sorry about your gain. But at least it has inspired you to do better this week. The nice thing is you can look back and know what you did wrong and fix it which I know you will do. We all have those weeks, hang in there!
Penny! Come post with us again. You teased us with your pop in post. Is everything ok? Don't worry if you are not on plan, you can still post with us. We still love you!!!! :)
Michelle, I am with everyone else. If she can roll herself over onto her stomach then she will be fine. How old is she again? Ava was my only baby that slept on her back, the other two were belly babies from birth. I'm sure she will be fine and probably sleeps better on her belly. So don't worry. It would be nice if we could stick strictly to the baby books, but as you know it's not possible, we have to give in on some things.
Geri congrats on all the exercise yesterday!!!! You are my inspiration. I don't know how you find time to do it but you do! And that is great.
Well, Tanner's eye got progressively worse last night. After I put in those drops his ped gave him his eyes oozed more and swelled badly. I called the ER to talk to a doc about it and they said it was normal that it would be better today. I felt so bad for him. But sure enough, he woke up this morning and the swelling is down and the oozing has stopped! YAH!
Also, I did my WI this morning and no gain or loss. Still at 130 which is just fine for me. I'm not in any hurry to lose more weight I just don't want to gain any.
Ok, well I have alot to do today. We switched banks last week when DH was home (ours was a little hometown bank that offered nothing and we switched to bank of america) and DH's checks were being direct deposited but because of the switch it will take two weeks to get his checks into our new account so I have to go find a com check today to get the money and then run to my bank (which is 20 min away in another town) and all that fun stuff. Plus I still need to do my morning routine which I'll fly through and shower. So I need to get off here and get moving. Happy friday all! Let's have a great day!!!!

spryng
04-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Leigh you snuck in on me! :) I think swish means to just wipe it down quickly inside and out and be done. I bought some bathroom wipes and just wipe down the seat and tank and then get my toilet brush and give it a quick "swish" inside the bowl. HTH!

Loveliam
04-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Glad you're maintaining well. I was curious about that - thank you for explaining it. I'm planning to have a maintainence program/mind set in place already so when I reach my goal weight I don't falter.

I see about the toilet cleaning - I wasn't sure if she meant something special. :D

Walking in the park later today with a friend. She lives in our building and has a DS who was born a week after Liam.

I'm off to watch Starting Over now - do any of ya'll watch that?

ECmom
04-23-2004, 12:02 PM
Gotta be short.......got Dh home today sick. Have a great day!
Ginny

Chubba
04-23-2004, 12:13 PM
Good morning all :coffee:

Crystal, great attitude about your gain! That will surely help you to get back OP.

Penny, what's going on in your life???? We really want to hear more from you :D

Spryng, congrats on maintaining the 130 :D :D ! Sounds like Tanner's much better and you have a lot of running around to do. Have fun!

Leigh, congrats on the loss :cp: Both of my kids slept better on their tummies. I just used the back thingy when they were newborns. At Liam's age he should be fine. :)

Ricci...I have my days too when I'm not motivated! I felt like I wasn't sweating enough lately (and eating too much crap) so I got the heavier arm weights and the WATP Express 4 mi Power Walk. I did the 4 mi walk this morning (yeah, thanks boys!) and really put my heart into it. BOY did I sweat! That one's a little more intense than my 3 mi but I did it :jig: and now I have all kinds of energy!! Other than jogging, what kind of workouts have you been doing?

Today's plan is to finish the laundry - only a couple more loads and then rent a tiller to do the garden plot so I can order some dirt and we can get planting. The weekend weather stinks (40's and rain) so I hope to get some done today...then nice weather again by about Tuesday so hopefully we can start planting some next week. Depends on what happens. My mother's husband (refuse to call the jerk my stepfather) is on his deathbed for the 1000th time in the last 5 years...this may be the real one though so she may have to go out of town. He's in a veteran's home a couple hundred miles away. His liver/kidneys are shot from years of drinking and he's been doing dialysis but it's barely working anymore. He skipped it a couple days ago and if he doesn't go today then maybe he's finally giving in. He has no quality of life...just lays around miserably. His family is really screwed up and I just have absolutely no good feelings for him...not a very Christian attitude I know...but he was a real *** to my Mom (she used to drink too til it almost killed her..long story) ANYWAY...my point was she may not be here next week. Sorry I got rambling!

Tony needs a bottle so I'd better get going.
Have a great day everyone and I'll TTYL. BTW the vegitarian Chili from meals.com is very good if you like beans! I would make it again. I'll try to post the recipe later.
Hello to everyone else!
Bye

meltin
04-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Weigh in is the same as last week. Eating out really makes a difference. 4/7 workouts this week. Are we still doing the exercise challenge? The trainer at the gym said that I was using a machine wrong and I would pull a muscle. I have been doing it the same way for months, not pulled muscles. Anyway, I pulled something yesterday, imagine that. Walked around the neighorhood for about 35 minutes today instead of the gym. Dh has had a pain in his butt for the last couple of days. He went to a chiro. to check it out and he said it is a cyst. Today he is going to a dermo. Has anyone every had anything like that? I don't know if they will drain it in the office or not. TMI! Anyway he might be home this afternoon. Two babies to take care of. I should not complain he has taken care of JW 3 nights this week. He is such a good daddy!

Geri - I love watching the people that lose on Discovery Health and they have there old jeans. I saw a couple that lost the weight and both of them coulod fit in the wife's jean.

Crystal - Good for you for ironing. I do not know the last time that I did that. My dh takes all of his things to the dry cleaners. I have offered to do them to say money, but I don' t think he trust me with his good shirts. Attitude and mental state is half the battle. Even though my weight loss has been slow, I feel much better mentally and physically. You know my background is psych so I had to get into all that.

Michelle - Is that you in the picture? I will have to check it out on the website. I am with everyone else on the rolling over. JW sleeps so much better on his stomach. I think the first 3 months is the highest risk for SIDS, but check with your ped if you want a professional opinion.

Penny - Are you out there? Last week was such a good week, you better not be down in the dumps. You can do it! I hope you are well.

Spryng - I have to ask. How far in the sticks do you live? LOL Seems like it is a day trip everytime you go somewhere.

Leigh - What is Starting Over? I never can find anything good to watch during the day. Congrats on the weight loss.

Nothing much going on today! Last load of laundry is in the dryer. The house is clean. The study is still a mess, but dh will have to tackle his mess. Does flylady give suggestions on cleaning in there. Everyone seems to be busy bees cleaning. I have to admit I have someone that cleans every other week. Dh has a dog that lives in the house and I told him when we got married that we had to have help with that dog in the house. Anyway, we vaccuum every day.

Any weekend plans! We will be working in the yard! No big plans!

Happy Friday!

Melinda

Chubba
04-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Chunky Vegetarian Chili

Rice rounds out the robust combination of vegetables and spice in this wholesome offering. Fill your bowl to help meet Food Pyramid daily goals.

Estimated Times:
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins

Servings: 8

Ingredients

1 medium green bell pepper chopped and seeded
1 medium onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 (14 1/2-oz) cans Mexican-style tomatoes undrained
1 (15-oz) can pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 (15-oz) can kidney beans drained and rinsed
1 (11-oz) can whole-kernel corn drained and rinsed
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup uncooked rice
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

Directions

Sauté green pepper, onion and garlic in oil in 3-quart saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, corn, water, rice, chili powder and cumin; stir well. bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 30 minutes , stirring occasionally. to serve, top with sour cream; if desired.

Amount per serving

Calories 250, 3 g total fat, Carbohydrates 47 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g

It's a little thick so you may want to add more liquid but it is very tasty!

Loveliam
04-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Hello again. I wish your DH well, Ginny!

Melinda - Starting Over is a daytime reality show. it's a group of wome who each have different goals but want to start their lives over in some way. You can find out more at www.startingovertv.com
It's good that you've maintained your weight even while eating out. As for weekend plans . . . we have friends who are moving into a new condo tomorrow, so we're stopping by to bring lunch and help a bit. Noy sure yet what else we'll do yet, but there's always so much eating involved!! However, I shall remain strong :lol:

spryng
04-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Good afternoon all!
Just got home and just in time too because it's starting to storm again. Ugh. I want my beautiful spring weather back!!
Geri that chili looks very good! Thanks for posting it. Hey, vent anytime about your family. You know I don't hold back about my crazy in-laws, lol. In fact my FIL is going in for another heart surgery today at 3 pm. I hope all goes well. he is very nervous so they had to get him a valume (sp?) to calm him down.
Melinda, I don't think there is an official exercise challenge going right now, but we could start another one! Now I don't know much about cysts but my DH gets boils every now and then on different parts of his body that are painful and such but go away on their own. Hope your DH gets some relief! And I don't actually live in the sticks, lol. I live in town (on a paved road, lol) but it's a small town and we have several banks here, a regular walmart, two grocery stores, etc. But to do major shopping I like to go to a supercenter and that is in the next town over and now my bank is in another town. But bank of america allows me to do all my banking online so I actually don't need to go to the bank very often, just today and maybe next friday until his checks are direct deposited into our new account. So that will save me a few trips. Yes, flylady has the study in one of her zones... not sure which one, it may be the one with the bathroom and an extra room so you won't have to worry about that room until next month now. This monday we start on the living room and family room (I only have a living room so it will be a breeze to do) No weekend plans here. Probably go grocery shopping for the week tomorrow and then that is it. Tan tonight.
Ginny, hope your dh gets better soon. Sometimes they can be harder to take care of than the kids, lol.
Well I got everything on my morning routine list done today except 15 min in my zone which I guess I will either do now or after nap time. But it will get done today. What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I think I will grab a frozen pizza later and use some flexpoints. I still have another movie to watch tonight so I guess I'll eat junk and enjoy it! lol. Well, TTYL!

BIGtimeLOSER
04-23-2004, 03:25 PM
I have another sick child, ugh!!!! Life is not very fun these days!

DH has almost got the truck running again, but it has been no fun dealing with him and the parts store that kept giving us the wrong stuff!!! Tomorrow is a workday for him and I guess I will just have to wait and see if he gets ready and goes. It's not a good time to talk about it with him at all!!

I weighed in today and I am down 2.5 more pounds. That is a total of 14 pounds since 3/30!!! I am so happy about that, that even the dh isn't bugging me too much today!

My house is getting there! I put away winter clothes, reaaranged and vacuumed the boys room, did 2 loads of laundry and tidied the living room so far. Still need to vac the rest of the house and do some more straightening up in the other rooms, but it can be done!

Glad to see you all are doing so well. We should do a challenge, maybe I'd move some more then! LOL!! Gotta run get the ds from preschool. Will check in later!

Love you gals!!

jbbm
04-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi girls

Sorry its been awhile since I lasted posted, but I have been busy on my other thread and you all know being a SAHM, you hardly have anytime to sit down! But I look at it this way. I am burning calories chasing them, cleaning up after them, and just being with them.....gotta love em! Well I am below the 130's now. I am actually in shock. I don't even want to say it because I don't want to gain. I feel like I am going to ginx (sp?) myself by saying my weight. Haha

Geri your chili sounds really great. We eat bean meals here a couple times a week so I might just give it a try. My problem comes in when I top it with melted cheese and sour cream :o :lol:. I just love chili we have it once a week!

Spryng I loved seeing the pictures of your family. You looked great by the way. Tanner is really growing. I can't believe how fast they grow. I look at my son and think, gosh he was just a baby and it really actually brings me to tears. Prayers and good thoughts for your FIL, I hope everything goes well. My FIL is having surgery on Monday so it looks like we will have two yards to keep up this summer. Yuck....oh well, it is the right thing to do is help them out. I checked that Flylady website out and I really like it. Does it cost to join? I told my mom about it and she looked it up and really loved it too. Everytime I post I say this but, I have to say it again. You are such a strong woman to "hold the fort down" while your husband is gone. Hats off to you :)! I think I would go nuts without mine for a couple of days, even though he does drive me nuts at times :lol:. Alot of times!

Well hello to everyone else. There are so many new people here since I last checked in. Hope to get here more often. Have a great weekend everyone. Julie :).

Loveliam
04-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Okay, checking in again. Took a long walk in the park and worked up quite a sweat . . . I figure that earns me 1 or 2 breadsticks at dinner tonight :D We're going out for Italian. I plan to have the steamed mussels in tomato sauce, no pasta - just 1-2 breadsticks and salad.

Spryng - I understand your longing for spring. I love warm weather! It's in the 80s here.

Cindi - sorry to hear about another sick one - no fun :(

Julie- Hi, nice to meet you!

2 loads of laundry done; one load folded and put away. I've been so productive today - it's amazing!

spryng
04-23-2004, 05:44 PM
It's just me again, lol.
Kids just now went down for a nap even though Tanner has been out for an hour. I went to put the other two down and got sucked into the my little pony game they were playing on their sega, well long story short I won the game!!!! They were in awe of me, lol. Kids. :) But now they are down and I have some quiet time.
Leigh, enjoy your breadsticks!!! I LOVE Italian food. My favorite cuisine. What restaurant are you going to? I've never had mussels. Do they taste like clams? Sounds very healthy though. Everyone has been doing so great on their laundry and that is the only thing I am lacking in. I just hate it so much. Maybe I'll tackle a load or two tonight.
Hi JULIE!!! We've missed you. Are you going to post with us more often now? You said you are below the 130's now, are you close to your goal weight? If not how much more do you want to lose? I just hit my first goal weight last week and it felt soooo great. Now I feel like I can work on other things in my life and not worry too much about the scale. Even though I still want to lose another 10 lbs I know it will come off in time and I'm not pushed to lose it. What kind of surgery is your FIL having? My FIL came out of surgery just fine today. They put in another stint and said his heart is looking much better than the last time they saw it, so that was good news. He'll get to come home today :) And no, it does not cost anything to join flylady. All free. I just love her so much. I tell my DH about her and what I am working on every night and he can't believe how excited I get over completing my routines everyday and how great our master bedroom is looking. I need something like that to get me exercising again, lol. Know of any sites like that? And thank you for you kind words about my situation. I don't feel strong all the time but I like the way my life is and how it works out with DH. I feel like a single mother sometimes but I know I can do it. Thanks so much.
Cindi, which child is sick? With what? I hope it goes away fast. Congrats on losing 2.5#'s!! That is fantastic.
Well again I set my timer to only do 15 min in my bedroom and ended up working on it for over an hour. I went through every box in my closet and threw away bags of junk, put some stuff in the yard sale box, and organized the rest. Then I did DH's closet. Our closets aren't completed yet so they are open to the room, so if they are unorganized the whole room looks unorganized. So now after days of working on this room it's looks clean and tidy. Even though today was the last day in this zone I'll have to do some in it tomorrow too. I have just a few more things to go through (my desk space is one of them) and then vacuum. So it will be done tomorrow for sure. Then come monday I can give my full attention to my living room.
I guess that is all I have to yak about for now, lol. It's really storming here right now so I don't know if I will get to tan tonight or not. Might have to wait until tomorrow. TTYL!

watkinsguru
04-23-2004, 05:50 PM
I'm back from my Friday errands. This was the first day we got out since last Friday. I should enjoy it but I would be fine staying home most always. I know the kids need to get out, though. You all know that Fridays are the worst for me. I'm at my mom's cleaning where all the goodies are. Well, before we went there we made stop at Wal-mart. I got myself a WW meal for lunch and apples and oranges for dessert/snack. I did eat 1 chocolate chip cookie, which tasted awful and 2 little bites of an oatmeal creme pie. I thought that was pretty good. I'm still below my calories. For dinner, I'm making low cal sloppy joes. They are so good but only one plus a few baked potato chips is all I can have for 400 calories. That will have to do.

Since I didn't sleep well last night, I'm zonkered!!! I didn't take notes so I'll do my best.

Julie, hi! I'm Crystal, sahm of 3. Alisa, 5, Ally, almost 3, and Andrew almost 17 months.

Spryng, your evening actually sounds good. I wish I had some movies to watch, but I'll probably go to bed as early as I can.

You know I realized something today. You all may have already thought of this but I'll explain anyway. When I said that I was more motivated after my gain it got me thinking. I know that what I've learned from flylady helped me with that attitude. I mean think about it. What we are learning about housework and etc. from flylady can go the same way for our weight journey. Flylady says, your house did not become cluttered over night, it can not become clutter free over night. If you fall behind, or fall out of routine for whatever reason, just step up, dust off and start from where you left off. The same concepts go for our weight. We did not become fat overnight, it won't come off over night. And if we gain or fall off plan, who cares, just stand up, dust off and start where you left off. So you see, because of my attitude change with my home it helped me this morning with my gain. Don't get me wrong, I was disappointed, but I know I did it to myself and I know how, so what else do I expect? I'll just step up, dust off and start from here. I just thought this was interesting that's all. Maybe some of this will help you too.

I'll check back before bed time. Maybe I can get some rest and refer to everyone. Sorry, hope your days are going good.

TTYL

Loveliam
04-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Cindi- I completely forgot to say congrats on the weight loss!!! Great job!

Spryng - mussels are more like oysters in texture, but I like them a bit more in terms of taste. have you ever had oysters? I'm glad your FIL is okay.

Crystal - what excellent insights about Flylady! It is a lot alike.

DH is on the way home . . . hooray! Keep your fingers crossed that he isn't called out of town this weekend. It would be nice to actually spend time with him :lol: I know what you mean, Spryng, about feeling like a single mom sometimes.

jbbm
04-23-2004, 06:45 PM
Spryng I guess I really don't have a goal weight....I would like to reach between 116-120. Who knows if that will ever happen though :lol:. I would love to weigh 120 like I did in high school but I am just so happy I am where I am at right now, I am not going to stress about it. Even though I still stress about what goes in my mouth. I have my days still where I go way overboard on eating, but I just try and make up for it. And Your Welcome! I know I depend alot on my hus. He (fil) is having a hip replaced, so it is major surgery that will require a long recoup. time. I would love to try and get some good old spring cleaning in this weekend. Well kids are calling. Hi to everyone. Bye for now. Julie

MichelleRae
04-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Arrgghhhhh I missed all day and now there is no hope of catching up with all the posts ;) Anyway I kept busy today got my shopping, and cleaning done, bills paid so we're good to go :) I've stalled out and I'm a bit frustrated with it so hopefully it won't last long. I bought Win a date with tad hamilton today so we're gonna watch it after supper. We're having Bratwurst and Broccoli lol I know I know what a combo :D Well I've stayed OP and I got my WATP DVD's today and I'm gonna try them tomorrow morning. Well I'm gonna go watch the movie with hubby I'll be back later I'm sure

Take care girls!

Michelle

BIGtimeLOSER
04-23-2004, 10:01 PM
Spryng and Leigh,

I feel like a single mom most of the time and my dh is here!!! :lol:

Hope is doing better, she is eating dinner now. Let's hope she keeps it tonight! She is 3 and my only girl!

Crystal, You will be amazed as time goes on how often that Flylady mindset comes in handy!

Crud, I gotta pick up boys from a concert, I'll be back soon!

jessivalentino
04-23-2004, 10:32 PM
:D Well, I haven't posted the last couple of days. I've been having probably the worst PMS I've ever had. It is weird actually because I don't usually get PMS except the day before. This whole week I've been moody, craving chocolate, and having cramps (I never have cramps). Anyway, it is very bizarre, especially since I wasn't expecting TOM untill the end of month. Maybe my system is just messed up. Who knows!!!

Anyway, I'm so behind on posts that I won't try to comment on everyone's though I have read through several. I'll just close my eyes and send out warm fuzzies to all of you!!!! :cool:

My WI is tomorrow and at this point I'm just hoping that I haven't gained this week. I'm pretty sure I've not lost because I've had a few episodes (they involved chocolate, let me say no more).

I'll talk to you all later.

watkinsguru
04-23-2004, 10:52 PM
Well girls. It is only 845 and I'm hoping to get in the bed within the next hour, HOPING, that is. I have been SOOOOO busy today. After my day of errands and cleaning my mom's house, coming home to catch up on my routines, making dinner, spending hours outdoors going through our storage to get things ready for our yard sale and giving all the kids a bath and completing my laundry, I don't feel like I can make it to the shower, although I will.
Well, sounds like the day has been well for most.

Jessi, so sorry to hear about TOM. Let me tell you I might just be the queen of screwed up TOMS. They've been okay here lately, but I've gone months and I mean up to like 7 months w/o having any, then after I had my second child, I went like 6 months w/o one and then had one and got pregnant. Sometimes mine are tough, other times they are a breeze. I hope you get to feeling better, though. Tough it out.

Cindi, so glad to hear about your loss. I know what you mean about that flylady thing. Today was really my test from my flylady routines, because all week I've been home so it's easy to get the things done. But being gone all day, I was still able to get everything done. I didn't accomplish any major task here, except going through our storage.

Well, I did have sloppy joes and instead of baked chips I had 2 sloppy joes and that pushed me over to 1650 calories. Still not bad bad bad, but not as good as I'd like either. I didn't exercise, but I haven't sat down hardly any today. I'm still motivated. I know I'll have a loss next week, that's the way to look at it, right?

Well, even though I'm over on calories, I'm gonna have an orange, take a shower and go to bed.

TTYL

Chubba
04-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi everyone,

Well, my Mother's husband passed away this evening. So I have to call my siblings and let them know. Mom's coming back tomorrow after arranging the funeral and then she'll go take care of that next week. I really don't like her having to do all this driving (2 hours each way) but she didn't take funeral clothes because she didn't want to pay for a hotel for 3 or 4 nights 'til the funeral.

Congrats to all the losers and the OP group. I got the tilling done in the garden and that was an additional workout for me! It wasn't to bad...just had to hang on tight. We didn't get anything planted 'cause Mom had to go but we did buy seeds and stuff so we'll start next week when all is done. She was there when it happened...he waited for her :) (I still don't like him but I feel bad for her). OK.

TTYL

Loveliam
04-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Geri - I'm so very sorry to hear about your mother's husband! Was it sudden? My thoughts and prayers go out to your mother. My mother's 9-year companion died very suddenly in March. It was quite a shock and it has been extremely difficult for my mother to deal with. She's thinking of moving here to be close to us and Liam.

Michelle, I'm glad you're staying OP, that's wonderful. How did you like the movie? DH and I watched our recorded episode of CSI Miami from Monday evening. Tonight we might watch a DVD movie.

:lol: Cindi when you said you feel like a single mother even with DH there! :D I'm glad Hope is on her way to recovery.

Jessi - about PMS - I'm having a very strange month too. I think Tom is late, though it feels like he's coming today. I don't know what's going on, but I take those mini-pills, so they say sometimes you might skip a cycle on them. Well, good luck with your WI regardless.

Crystal, wow, you're busy! Hope you get to rest a bit. Though, maybe all the activity will encourage a greater weight loss :)

I just realized something, which ya'll may already do . . . if I open a new browser window, I can have your posts in one window, and respond in the other window as I read, so I don't have to write notes. I think it should work - do any of you do this?

Fun news to report: on day two of sweet potatoes, Liam decided he likes them! Yesterday he didn't look very impressed, but today he was trying to put the spoon in his mouth and ate a whole tablespoon full. It was very cute. Then, Duncan, our doggie, was extremely happy to help clean up the remains. We have a balck and tan mini Dachshund :D

spryng
04-24-2004, 11:10 AM
Good morning all!

Leigh, yes sometimes I do open a new browser window to respond to posts, especially if a new thread is started. But mostly I just go to advance reply and scroll down and everyone's post is there too. That is so great Liam is enjoying sweet potatoes. My two oldest always loved them but Tanner won't touch them or anything they might be in. He won't even eat baby food anymore, I guess it's too bland for him. So when I make meals I put everything in my food processor for him so he can have what we are eating. But things like green beans, and corn and stuff like that he can eat whole. He is 10 months old today!!! Boy it doesn't feel like it has been that long since I had him. Time sure flies. And now that Liam is eating solids be prepared for interesting diaper changes! lol.
Geri, so sorry to hear about your mother's loss. I hope she can get through it. How long were they married? I know you will be there for your mom.
Crystal, I know what you mean about being gone all day and having to come home and pick up on our routines. It is hard. I was only gone yesterday morning and when I got home I still had some of my morning routine to complete and then my zone. But I got it in there and then some. Last night I really didn't want to pick up the living room or the kids rooms before bedtime but I knew if I didn't they would be even messier tonight. So we did them. Really makes a big difference.
Jessi, I hope your WI goes well today! Don't worry about the chocolate. The week before TOM I get all kinds of cravings and feel terrible and moody but it does pass. I always gain before TOM anyway no matter how good I am OP. But I don't give in to my cravings normally. So just think that next week will be better for you. Hang in there!
Cindi, I love the name Hope! How pretty. Did you name her that because you were hoping for a girl? What concert did your boys go to?
Michelle, you haven't stalled. Don't worry. 4-6 weeks of not losing anything means you've stalled. Your body is just taking a week to adjust to your rapid weight loss. Are you measuring yourself because you're probably still losing inches even though the scale didn't move. Let us know how you like the WATP video!
Julie, how tall are you? I really like where I am right now too which is making me re-think the 120 lb goal I have. Maybe 125 would be better? I guess I'll know when I get there. I am still in size 10 jeans and I really want to be an 8 so maybe 125 will put me there. The problem is my hips have spread since having Tanner. My thighs and such fit losely in a size 10, they are kinda baggy on my butt and thighs, but my waist is a solid 10. How can I change that?? Exercise, I know. I really need to find something I love again. I'm just not motivated at all to exercise and now that I do flylady my days are so full of cleaning and organizing that I can't fit it in yet. Help!
OK, well I guess I will get off here and start my morning stuff. I really want to get laundry done today so send me "get off your butt and fold laundry!!" vibes, LOL. :lol3: TTYL!

BIGtimeLOSER
04-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Leigh,

On my screen, when I scroll past the space I am replying in now, the other posts are down below it. So that is how I reply without taking notes, check and see if it works for you!

The A/C man is coming today!! It will be great to see him!

I had KFC last night, it was too hot to cook. Not a great choice(not my choice at all!)but since I didn't eat alot(Chicken breast and a biscuit) I hope it wasn't a big deal. I can't believe that it was NORMAL for me to eat 2 whole plates full of food not so long ago. :o It wasn't even that good!

Geri, Sorry for what the family is going through now with the passing of your mother's husband.

I sure would love something new to wear, but have real issues with buying anything at this point in the game. How do most of you shop when you are still a "work in progress"?

Have a great day, ladies! Drink up and go do something positive and profuctive with your day! Be back later!

MichelleRae
04-24-2004, 11:23 AM
ughhhhh what a start to the morning, both of my kids are screaming and I can't do anything to get them to settle down lol, oh well hopefully I'll find some way to calm them soon it actually consists of my baby screaming/crying and my 2 yo yelling at her to be quiet. Well I better go it seems they won't let me get a quick post in lol

WTG to everyone who has lost!!! Keep up the great work!!

Take Care
Michelle

Chubba
04-24-2004, 11:31 AM
I just lost my post :( Tony's grabbing at the keyboard. He says hi!!

Thanks for the sympathies...I'm sure my Mom feels some kind of loss...if this sounds strange then you didn't read my earlier post! This has been dragging on for 4-5 years so it's good that it's finally almost over. I'm sure it's a big relief for my Mother. Now she will be able to get on with her life.

Got my 3 mi walk in with the heavier wrist weights today. Boy they're only .5 lbs heavier on each arm but what a difference it made!

Spryng, that's why I'm reluctant to do flylady. I would rather get my exercise in daily than clean daily. Our house usually stays pretty neat. Dh is good at picking up.
I usually find time later in the day to straighten things up...even if it's after the kids go to bed...well after Tony goes down. Will usually watches Barney videos at night so I have plenty of time then.

Tony's back and I don't want to lose another post. Hello to all and have a great Saturday.

BIGtimeLOSER
04-24-2004, 11:57 AM
The daily clean IS DEFINITELY exercise!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: With 7 kids, that's to be expected though. I know it's still just not the same as intentional exercise! I don't get those endorphins going with the house work quite as well, either. But I sure do work up a sweat easy with no A/C, I wish that counted as exercise, I'd have won the prize by now!

;)

jbbm
04-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Geri so sorry about the loss. I hope your mother is doing okay. Thoughts and prayers. Great job on the walk. Hus and kids are gone right now so I should be doing something than sitting on the computer....Like cleaning or excercising.

Spyng I am around 5 feet 4 inches. About the excercising part I don't do anything fancy. Although I do have a treadmill. But I find that boring :^:. I usually just do some sort of cardio with the kids, crunches and toning stuff. I think the biggest part to my weight loss was cutting out sodas. I used to have 2-3 regulars a day. Now if I have any it is diet. Although I do enjoy a beer or a glass of wine about once a year :lol:! Let me tell you girl I know about things spreading and shifting when you have kids. Your whole shape is gone. Escpically after breastfeeding.

Well girls I should get off the computer and get some excersing in or some major cleaning done today. Yeah :lol:! Have a great weekend everyone. Julie

watkinsguru
04-24-2004, 02:06 PM
Well, girls. I can't believe this is my first post of the day. I usually get in one about 6 in the am. We have had storms here all night and up until about an hour ago and that has had my computer out. It was SOOOO hard to not be able to check in. I hope that doesn't mean I can't do this weight thing on my own.

Geri, very sorry about the loss. I understand about how it can be a relief. My g-ma died over a year ago after suffering from a stroke 5 years before that. She was never the same, could barely walk, couldn't talk. It was awful and my g-pa took care of her and he's in his 70's. It was sad but we were glad she wasn't suffering any longer.

Spryng, sounds like we do about the same thing when it comes to our routines. There has been a night or two this week, especially yesterday, that I wanted to say, oh tomorrow is Saturday, I can just do it then, but I knew that would break this routine I'm trying to make a mold. So I did it all. I'm not doing anything other than my basic routines today. Not going to any extra lengths for anything.

Well, I slept really well last night. It was storming and my girls ALWAYS sleep good during those. I think I'm gonna put on a pot of Northern beans to have for dinner and make that lime sauced chicken. Might make it to the store today. Since it's so wet and had been raining half the day we are being so lazy today.

Well, got a fight on my hands, gotta go referee (sp?)!!!
TTYL

Loveliam
04-24-2004, 02:26 PM
TOM has arrived :devil: Well, the good part is, maybe once he leaves I'll lose even more :lol:

Spryng - well happy 10-month-old Bday to Tanner! Liam turned 6 months on the 21st :) I can't believe he's six-months, so I know I'll be shocked when he's ten-months. Also, about what you're saying for goal weight . . . Dr. Phil really helped me with that aspect of things. He says that our goal weights should be "realistic" for our age, height, life stage (like having had children). He says we shouldn't think our ideal weight is what we weighed in high school. Then he gives a chart with a range of weights, which is how I came up with 140lbs. I'm 5' 6 1/2" At my thinest I was 120, but was very unhealthy and didn't really eat much of anything; pre-pregnancy I was 150, which was more than I had ever weighed in my life. I was, literally, going on a diet the very day I discovered I was pregnant . . . so there was no diet for me :lol: Anyway, if you want me to look on his little chart and find your ideal weight range, let me know - I'll just need your height.

Cindi - it sounds like you were reasonable with the KFC. I think that's the important part - when we do splurge, to be reasonable and not go overboard.

Michelle - hope the kids improve in attitude :D Sounds like one of those days when I want to go to my own private Island in the Caribbean.

Geri - hope you have a good day with the family.

Cindi - I agree that cleaning is exercise!

Julie - I know what you mean about cutting out colas - that's supposed to cut tons of calories a year! So keep up the good work.

As for me . . . I'm totally on top of all the flylady stuff today. Good thing too because we have company coming on Monday. Not sure what I'm doing for dinner yet.

MichelleRae
04-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Ahhhh relief the kids have finally calmed down and the house is now clean so I'm set to get a bit of relaxation in. I just finished stripping all the beds and putting the linens in the was so I'll have to go check them in a bit. Has anyone else noticed that since starting flylady your're just "flying" through cleaning supplies? LOL I had to go restock yesterday on everything!!! I guess that at the least means that my house is staying clean. Hubby gets to have the day off tomorrow which means its my day off too ;) he usually gets up with the kids when he has the day off since he doesnt really sleep in, he's like crystal up at the azzcrack of dawn ;)
LMAO!!!!
I just caught Taylor picking her nose for the first time lol she was embarassed how funny, sorry just had to share that lol.

Spryng - your right about the weight thing I stepped on the scale again today and I'm the same as I was last WI day and tomorrow I have WI again I hope it shows a loss *keeping fingers crossed*

Geri - So sorry to hear of your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Leigh - Yes I loved that movie it was hilarious also watched Duplex with Drew Berrymore (sp) and Ben Stiller, and for tonight we have Dickie Roberts I'm sure it will be hilarious. So sorry TOM had to rear his ugly head.

Julie - Congrats on your big loss and finding exercise that works for you :)

Jessi - Good luck with the WI tomorrow I'm sure it will be fine :D Glad to see you back.

Well I think I'm gonna try and find something else to clean in my house although there really isnt much left, I even took my flylady duties out to the yard today and did a little raking and sweeping the walks. Talk to you a bit later guys have a wonderful afternoon.

Take Care

Michelle

ECmom
04-24-2004, 03:00 PM
Ah.........peace and quiet. Dd is out with her bf, Dd (8) playing with a buddy and the 2 little boys....Dh (who is feeling better) and Ds out playing baseball.
Doesn't get any better than this.

But I am way behind on the posts..have to keep this short.

Jesse- sorry that PMS has struck so hard. Have you ever taken vitamins for that? Ifind vitamin E helpful.....400IU's once a day. Keeps some of the symptoms down. Big hugs and feel better!

Crystal- WW allows a few points over (flex points)- so I don't see how a few extra calories one day will hurt. You are doing fine!

Geri- I am so sorry to hear about your Mom's husband. How is she holding up with his loss? It sounds like an awkward situation.....but still losing someone is never easy. I'll keep you in prayer. Hugs.

Leigh- I usually, if I have the time, as I do now- have the site open in 2 windows to do just that.....post and read the old posts at the same time. I used to drive myself insane with taking notes too!! Congrats on the sweet potatoes! They are so healthy......

Spryng- 125 sounds good to me for you. I was once 125.....actually was there or around there for about 3-4 years and even then found it a wee bit tough to maintain. Wish I had some miracle thing about your waist....but as Dr Laura once said about her smile lines and C section scars....(which can also go for a slightly expanded waist) is to just remember the totally awesome miracle that your body has done- nurtured 3 other human lives.....and a little stretch mark or loss of muscle tone- well it is a testimony to those miracles. You are doing great- and look wonderful.

Michele- hope your day improved over the two screamies! Murphy's law of motherhood....the minute you get in the shower, dying for peace and quiet WW III will erupt with your kids. Hope your day gets better!

Julie- hope you got your cleaning done......when you finish, my house needs some work! :lol:

Now who mentioned about the WATP 4mile super tape? How long does that one take??? I'd love to try out another tape of hers- and if she can get 4 miles done in a shorter amount of time. I am really finding that using her tapes- plus regular walking- plus the WW tape is best.....well rounded. (duh, that is only what the experts tell you to do!)
Ok, Dh is in one of his demando moods....gotta get out of here. Sorry if I missed you.
Enjoy your weekend!
Ginny

ECmom
04-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Michele- glad that things quieted down in your house!!!! We crossed paths while posting.

ECmom
04-24-2004, 03:03 PM
This is getting long......I am gonna start a new thread. See you there!!!!
Ginny