South Beach Diet - Need a little TLC

View Full Version : Need a little TLC

kitten40ish
04-22-2004, 12:17 PM
Got back from the doctors yesterday after having my leg looked at. I've been walking for over six weeks now with my sister and last friday started getting a pain in my calf below my knee. Dr. says I have a sprain. Darn it! Now i have to stay off it for a while. We were doing so good up to three miles and now I have to start all over. Bumber!! I've lost almost 20 lbs. Bounces for 18 to 20 this week. Hoping to maintain it while I recoop. Then i'll start back with baby steps to get back where I was. Thought about hopping around on one leg..lol I'm determined to get back to it. I have 38 more pounds to go and these set backs just keep getting in my way. Think the :devil: is trying to find my weeknesses. Away with you man and let me be. Sorry guys just a little of my sick humor. Just having to vent my frustrations. :D

emnickya
04-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Can you do something else like some Pilates or something that would keep you active and still be off your leg? That might be worth looking into. I understand completely. I always fear that an injury might affect my workout.

Natter
04-25-2004, 10:15 PM
When I broke my foot, I waited a week or so. Then I tried the recumbant bike at the gym. Worked great!

chick_on_the_beach
04-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Swimming is another good one. I find that if I stop it takes awhile to get going again. I am just getting back into a good exercise routine after slacking off for a couple of weeks.