South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 08:40 PM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Would You Mind Looking at What I Ate?

I'm on Day 2 of SBD and, as some of you may recall, prior to starting, I practically had a panic attack, worrying that I'm going to do this wrong. I'm still worried, but I've written down everything I've eaten that last two days and would love any feedback on it.

Here goes:

Monday:
Breakfast--2 eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 cup milk
Snack--1 piece string cheese
Another snack--pistachios (30)
Dinner--(I actually ate my breakfast at noon when I finally got out of bed--I've been off work for the last couple of weeks due to surgery)
Tossed salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Steamed cauliflower with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray
Grilled Eye of Round
1 cup milk
No Sugar Added Fudgesicle (are those the right kind or should I find Sugar Free?)
Later, I was hungry again and ate another piece of string cheese

Today: (I slept until noon again)
Lunch-- Greek Salad in the SBD book, which seemed HUGE
No Sugar Added Fudgesicle
Snack--String cheese
Dinner--salad from Subway with ham and turkey and a few olives, FF Italian dressing
SF Jello
But, an hour later, I was starving again, so I had a leftover eye of round and some cauliflower with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray.

Do you guys think I'm doing OK? Am I eating too much? Too often? I've been walking quite a bit, which I think is why I keep getting hungry.

Any help would be oh-so-appreciated!

Thanks,
Jess
Old 04-20-2004, 11:07 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Sounds good, Jess.
The fudgesicles should be the sugar-free type, though. And it's better if you save them for Phase II, but don't stress over it.
Are you drinking lots of water? VERY important! Keep it up!
Old 04-21-2004, 12:11 PM   #3  

Hmmm.... The milk shoud be 1% or skim. And while the dressing was fat free, what about the carbs? A lot of fat free stuff is high in sugar. Ellis is right about the water and "Sugar-Free" not "No Sugar-Added" (sometimes a big difference). Seems like you should really be having 3 meals a day, so that would explain the late night urge for more food. Sleeping late everyday isn't particularly great for your metabolism, but if you're recovering from surgery than it's OK for awhile.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:12 PM   #4  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

I think what you are eating sounds fine. Like Ellis said drink lots of water. I wouldn't stress over the fudgesicle thing. If they help keep you from wanting chocolate cake, then eat them! I have never come across sugar-free ones, only the no sugar added. Good Luck!
Old 04-22-2004, 11:35 PM   #5  

What you had looks pretty good. The fudgesicles are fine and totally legal in phase 1. Also, there are no such thing as sugar free fudgesicles since there is naturally occuring sugar (lactose) in dairy which is always an ingrediant in fudgesicles. You want the no sugar added which is what you have. You have up to 75 calories a day in sweet treats and those are perfectly legal on the Beach. I have one every day and lost 12 pounds on phase 1 (started off wanting to lose 40). Good luck!
Old 04-23-2004, 02:32 AM   #6  

Looks pretty good but I would try to add in another meal somewhere. Your meal times will be all screwed up but if you aim to eat a meal every five hours then snacks in between you will be fine. You need two snacks and 1 desert but milk or yogurt can make a good snack/desert substitute. You will be hungry in the first few days so don't worry too much about portions, as long as you stay OP you will be fine. You can decrease your portions as you go along.
Closed Thread