South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 02:44 PM   #1  

Default 3 months on SB, new to 3FC

Hi....I have been hanging out on the fringes of 3FC and doing alot of reading and decided to finally jump in.

My name is Caryl and I live in South Dakota. I am married and have one daughter age 10. I am 43 years old and have been overweight most of my life. I remember going to weight watchers with a friend in high school, back when you had to have liver once a week on WW's. I have tried every "diet" plan there is, and have lost lots of weight, but always gaining it back and more.

In January I kind of half heartedly started South Beach, not really thinking it would be any different than the other diet plans. But something clicked with this one. I haven't had any sweets, potatoes, pasta, rice or white bread since I started. Sweet potatoes sometimes and whole grain bread or Uncle Sam cereal once in a while. I have lost 27 pounds since Jan 12th. Every week the scale has gone down...sometimes only 1/2 lb but other weeks 2 1/2. Always down though. I'm sure I will hit a plateau here shortly, but I have felt terrific. I very seldom have any cravings for carbs. Thank God for sugar free fudgesicles. I do use them to make my sweet tooth happy.

I love the recipes presented in these threads, I haven't bought the new SBD Cookbook yet, I never made the recipes in the basic diet books, so I'm not sure I'd use the new recipes or not.

Well I'll try to keep checking in, I don't get into the internet too often, but I always come to 3FC when I do.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:53 PM   #2  

Hi Lyrac. Welcome to the beach; you'll find lots of help and encouragement here. Congratulations on the loss.

Jo
Old 04-20-2004, 03:16 PM   #3  

Hi Lyrac, nice to meet you!

I started SBD the same week as you & have lost about the same amount of weight.

Aren't ya feeling great?!

I agree about those fudge bars!!
Old 04-20-2004, 04:07 PM   #4  
RNMOM

Default Welcome

I started the end of January. Sounds about like you. I've done WW 4 differnet times, Diet Center, LA Weighloss, uh, you name it I've done it. But yes, something clicked here.

Good luck, this is a great place to be.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:12 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Hi Caryl! Welcome to the Beach!
Closed Thread