View Poll Results: How big is your family?
Only child 0 0%
1-2 siblings 14 66.67%
3-4 siblings 7 33.33%
5+ siblings 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2001, 09:05 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Talking

TGIF.. NO one is here yet so I am starting the thread!

GUESS WHAT.... I got up early this morning and exercised. This is the first time I have done that in over a year. After I got PG... I had no morning motivation. It felt Great..... and I scared hubby because he isn't used to me being up so early! YAH ME!!

More later!!
Old 04-06-2001, 09:14 AM   #2  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Jen-L .... I was going to start the thread but I was afraid that I'd start a thread at the same time as someone else and all **** would break loose I'm glad you did. Plus I had no good ideas what to do for a poll.

I actually have one brother and one sister. (I'm the middle child). But my mother remarried and I have three older step sisters from that marriage. And my father remarried and I have two younger step-sisters from that marriage. So really... if you count them all, I have 6 sisters and a brother. My poor brother.

Okay - well I appreciate all you ladies helping me out yesterday. I was so bummed about lunch - and I felt gross. I was just mad about the whole thing. So last night we had friends over for dinner... and we made fajitas. Well, I had none of the cheese, sour cream, rice... I just had one small 4 point fajita (the torillas were no-fat) and a salad.. so I ended up being 6 points over for the day. But looking at the big picture I shouldn't be that upset. I've eaten at my min all week. So I think everything turned out fine.

Anyway, thanks again.

Yeah for Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa
Old 04-06-2001, 09:25 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I can't believe this thread is so slow today. Did everyone take the day off????

I have 1 brother. That's it. Hubby has 1 sister. BUT, hubby's mom is 1 of 10 kids. So I kind of know what a large family is like. They always fight too, and about stupid useless stuff!!

Tilley... I think you did good yesterday. Having the control for your dinner is an enormous step in the right direction. I probably would have eaten a huge fajita just because!

Well, it's Friday and I really don't feel like working. I have a meeting this morning and we have another interview to do, but I don't have to sit in this time... YAH!
Old 04-06-2001, 09:49 AM   #4  

Default TGIF!

Hi ladies~

Jen~ Awesome on that am workout!!! I want to get into the habit of an am workout too, then for the rest of the day you don't have to worry about it! Plus, I read articles about how it pumps you up for the rest of the day!

Lisa~ good job on that fajita!! I would say since you have been on min. all week you will be fine at weigh in! good job!

Alright, there are a lot of crisis' going on here at work. Two co-workers parents are very sick in hospital

No fun~
Old 04-06-2001, 09:50 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default hooray!

hi girls,
i've been quite busy at work today and figured it was only fair to let someone else start the thread (you're all probably dreading what i'm going to put in my next poll anyhow!).
i'm still busy, but wanted to say i'm here and good luck to everyone this weekend - let's all stay OP!
back later hopefully,
kirsty
Old 04-06-2001, 09:56 AM   #6  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Well Jen, it looks like it's just you and me

Weird. Maybe a lot of people are travelling home for Passover or something. Who knows.

Great job on the workout. That's awesome.

I'm going home to the Gulf Coast next Wednesday for Easter weekend. I'll be home for five days and I can't wait. For one, it's AT LEAST 20 degrees warmer there. Plus, I'm not too worried about going off program because my ENTIRE family is on WW. It's actually funny. My big sister, my mom, my dad, my step mom and two of my step sisters. So it should actually turn out okay.

Although a friend and I are going into New Orleans one night while I'm home and I'm not sure I can pass up the drinks. But it's still the plan. Maybe I'll offer to drive and then I can't drink. We'll see I guess.

But then I get back on MOnday, but Monday is a state holiday in Massachusettes, so there's no WW at work.. so it'll be two weeks until my next weigh in. But I weigh in this Monday - so we'll see how it goes.

I'm talking out my elbow this morning.

Lisa
Old 04-06-2001, 09:57 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi Suzanne and Kirsty... good morning. I must have been posting when you girls were.

it sounds like you both have your work day cut out for you. Hang in there... the end is near. Whooo hoo for Friday. I just LOVE Fridays

Lisa
Old 04-06-2001, 10:03 AM   #8  

Hi Everyone Yay it's Friday! Okay so I'm not working so it shouldn't matter...but I get to see my guy friend tomorrow...hopefully. So I'm excited. I've been letting him say what's up for this weekend, thought that might be best lol. <<chuckles>> Agh hopefully no more breakdowns like I had last wkend. Other than that not too much is new. It's been a pretty quiet morning. I have no motivation to do anything... I really need to clean up a bit around here tho, it's amazing how messy my apartment can get. You would think a horde of people live here. Anyways, just wanted to say hi
Old 04-06-2001, 10:10 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

Default my weekend was soooo short last night

just to confuse you all, it's monday for me! because of easter weekend we lose days so we have to get a day ahead on our schedule so that we still publish our magazine on time. it's confusing! i never know what day people are really talking about...
Old 04-06-2001, 10:49 AM   #10  
Go Avalanche!!

Default TGIF!!!

Happy Friday! I’m a little disappointed in myself b/c I was over by 2 pts yesterday. I did write everything down though. There are doughnuts in the kitchen again and even though it was almost physically painful, I didn’t eat one! I stuck with my oatmeal. Thank goodness for flavored oatmeal! I do need some strategy help though. I was over yesterday b/c of the candy on my boss’ desk. The problem is, no one understands that is really is an issue for me. They all know I’m on WW and I try to tell them in a lighthearted way that if it’s around I eat it, that I can’t just leave it alone. They all think it’s pretty funny ‘no ones making you eat it’ I was in tears with hubby last night over this issue. I have no power when the stuff is in front of me. I don’t keep it around the house so it’s never an issue. I can’t stay out of my boss’ office either. Three of us share a printer and it’s in her office. I’ve tried imagining that someone spit on it, etc, etc, etc and it hasn’t done any good. All I want to do is get to goal this time. I don’t want to be rollercoaster queen anymore. I know I can do it I just don’t know how do deal with the office food *sigh*

I ran into an old friend last night at Wal-Mart of all places. makes me sick, she has a 13 month old and is just as skinny now as when we were hanging out together. She’s a friend from my bar days and we lost touch b/c I started getting out of that bar scene and she stayed right in the thick of it. I felt very self – concious. I was automatically worried about how I looked. I don’t know what it matters, but I can’t remember how much I weighed when we were hanging out. She said she would call me, we’ll see.

I saw the Bridget Jones teaser last night! It looks so good! I don’t know what the big deal is about ‘all this weight’ she had to gain for the movie. Am I delusional or does she look good to those of you who’ve seen the teaser? Oh, but forgive me, to look good in this society you have to be a size 0-1. What was I thinking??

Jen: I would be nervous too about meeting a friend I hadn’t seen in forever, but take a deep breath and relax. It will be fine. Think of how much fun you will have trading memories! You exercised?!?!?!?!?! I’m so proud of you! Maybe I can follow your lead??

Stacey: Our minister was pretty cool about the fact that we were living together. He really helped us out in a tight spot b/c the original minister we chose flaked on us about 3-4? weeks before the wedding. Talk about freaking out! Jeff and I had to write our whole ceremony. I just remember he and I out on the driveway on lawn chairs tanning while I read him pieces of ceremonies and we put it together. What a cool little memory!

Lisa: Good job on the dinner last night!

Kirsty: I think you pick really good topics for the poll!!

Oh, and I have one younger brother who I am now getting very close to!

"When shall we live, if not now?" -- Seneca
Old 04-06-2001, 11:07 AM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default Im lovin the bridget jones book....

Hey girls! Well, I am just as sick today as I was yesterday, maybe worse!! I am really coughing now!!! I went home to bed and read a bit til I crashed to sleep and I slept until about 5 when my mom rang and came over. we went grocery shopping but that was dumb cuz I ended up making good friends with the supermarket's toilet! I was in bed at 9 with Nyquil and slept til 7:30 this morning....dragged myself to work one hour late. Oh well, at least I am here! Walking 10 min from my b/f's building made me cough worse today so I figure I am not going to get to work out until this is over!!

OH NO! I guess I'll have to really watch what I eat - trouble is, when I am sick I either have no appetite or I want to drink gallons of OJ (2pts/glass) and eat ice cream....(too many pts/mouthful).

Jen - woo hoo on the morning exercise!!! I was doing good in the fall/early winter with that. I think I'll take it up again when I am well!

Kirsty - yup, you lost me pretty good with your weekend/ weekdays thing...??

Lisa - when you ahve been at your min all week you are allowed a little splurge....

Bren - I hate people who have kids and stay skinny, makes me ill. Not that I can use that excuse, since I have no kids!!

shay - have fun with your guy friend tomorrow.....I hope he gets it together soon!! ARGH! Men.....

Well, I better get some work done and at least pretend to be busy while I cough out my lungs....

have a good day chiquita's!! BTW I lost 1.5 so I am going to change my sig....

Belle
Old 04-06-2001, 11:10 AM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Default Brenda...

I agree, I thought she looked good too. Whatever.....makes me sick!!! that is why I think Cindy Crawford rocks now that she had her kid and said no, I am size 10 and I am happy this size so I won't be a waif ever again.....good for her.

Old 04-06-2001, 11:16 AM   #13  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Busy!!

Hey everyone! Busy day today. We're having our quarterly lunch today from Ted's (best Mexican Food in my life) so I just ate Applesauce for breakfast.
I'm going shopping tonight....yipee!!
I'll be back later.
Got to get to work before the boss comes back.
She's in a mood.
Old 04-06-2001, 11:27 AM   #14  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi,

I posted an intro down below....I didn't know that there was suppose to be only one thread for the day oops!! Sorry!

So, each day a person starts a thread and we all post to that thread? Is that how it works?

Thanks,

Angie
Old 04-06-2001, 11:38 AM   #15  

Default Belle~ you should be at home in bed resting!!!!

Hello again~

Congrats on that 1.5 loss Belle, now go home and take care of yourself!

Kirsty~ so does that mean you have to work this weekend or just that you have Monday deadlines?

Angie~ welcome and yes we all post to the daily thread

Shayle~ have fun with the boy

Gotta work!!!

Later!
Closed Thread