Support Groups - Cows on the Moooooooooove!

View Full Version : Cows on the Moooooooooove!

SugP
04-20-2004, 08:18 AM
Thought I'd start a new thread and inform you of my supreme crankiness which comes directly from gaining back those 4 pounds that I thought I'd lost for good. Grrrrrrrrrrrr. But I did do 30 mins on the elliptical last night so go me. Somebody post. How long is Kiweenie going to be in the Big Apple? We need a full report. Did I mention that my little brother is moving BACK to Vancouver from Halifax? Just couldn't hack it, lucky dog.

SugP
04-21-2004, 08:43 AM
Peachy! I saw you posting. Come over here.

Entertained five rowdies and the library today and now I have a :headache: the size of New York. Lush is right, OPKs are a big PITA.

Will attempt to make chicken cordon bleu for dinner tonight. Wish me luck.

Cowpernia
04-21-2004, 09:55 AM
I want Kiwi back NOW. Also everyone else. Post!

What's a Spambot?

SugP
04-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Spambots are like robots that cruise the internet looking for unsuspecting email addresses. When they have gobbled up your address, you get lots and lots of spam.

Where IS everybody?

Chocolate-covered raisins are a fruit, right?

Cowpernia
04-21-2004, 11:58 AM
I already get lots and lots of spam. Am I precocious?

Wabby
04-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Yes, Peach, you're precocious, but I don't think it has anything to do with spam.

I posted yesterday, and I thought I'd hit the submit reply button, but I guess maybe I was distracted and didn't. I get distracted alot lately.

DD has talked me into pitching in some $$$ on a new treadmill. DH thinks we should just spend $75 to put a new treadmill belt on the old one, but he doesn't realize the brains to the thing has problems too. Sometimes it wants to just take off on its own. You can be walking along a 3 mph and it gets it in it's head to make you start jogging, whether you wanted to or not. Maybe I'll even use this one. DD wore the old one out, it sure wasn't me.

Bagzz
04-21-2004, 04:51 PM
[SIZE=5][COLOR=Magenta]hello fat cows-------my sista mananged to get some help this weekend---granny has moved to her son's place and now my sis can have some peace and quiet with her own little family {of three very rowdy kids!!}BUT--at least her "free" time is her own! very happy for her and for me of course-----------------mostly because it is time to garden!!![COLOR=DarkOrchid] i am so happy about this!!the garden is actually a mess of leaves and sticks and cr@p but i am raking me arse off and hopefully it will be tidied up very soon-------------MY BELOVED[COLOR=Blue] TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS made it through round one of the Stanley Cup playoffs so i am VERY happy-----hey sugar----a friend of mine went to game five of the Canucks/Flames game and brought my son home a puck from the game---one of the linesman gave it to him!!!! VERY exciting even her in Canader!!!!-----your Bro didn't care for the freezing Atlantic Side of our Country---can't imagine why----after visiting Victoria i can't imagine anyone leaving that garden of eden!!!-----------gotta go take son and nieces to their Hockey Game----the season is not over yet!!!! AIN'T THAT BETTY SOMETHIN GALS!!! GOTTA LOVE HER AND HER ZANY CHARACTERS!!!!wOW!!!

SugP
04-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Hey Bagzie! I don't know nothin' 'bout no hockey, but getting a puck WOULD be pretty exciting. Victoria is a dream - I spent the best 5 years of my life there. Just wish I could remember them. :lol: Yippee for your sis. Finally a bit of relief. She's such a trooper.

Hi Wabby! Definitely go for the new treadmill with the intact brain. We don't want our Wabby to hurt herself!

Wabby
04-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Sugar, I think I'd actually have to use the treadmill to get injured. Wouldn't it really be somethin' if I start to exercise????

Bagzie, I'm in a gardening frenzy. I have so many projects to do and so little time. I bought a rickety old fertilizer spreader that I've planted up with coleus and bacopa and sweet potato vine. It's so cute. I'll post a picture of it when the plants fill in. Doesn't it feel good to get outside???? :flow2:

Wabby
04-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Here I am talking to myself. See what happens when Kiwi deserts us???? The treadmill is sitting in my living room. It needs to be assembled. DH is not doing his duty. DD is getting frustrated.

I still have a cold, and yet I come here to amuse you all. See the thanks I get????

I hear an echo in here.......

SugP
04-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Kiwi! Come back and entertain us. I'm compensating by having dreams about Camilla Parker Bowles and Prince Charles and that's REALLY scary. And we all want to know about your get rich quick scheme.

Did my Pilates this morning. My powerhouse was fully engaged. Unfortunately it's still covered in flab. Painty, which Pilates tape did you end up getting? I have a couple of other ones that seem pretty intimidating - bongo drums and buff Australian instructors and all that.

High school student this afternoon, guests tonight, school open house tomorrow and Sunday a gala bash for Oma's 70th birthday, also MY Mummy's birthday. Who says I don't have a life? Gotta go vacuum.

Cowpernia
04-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Do I have a powerhouse? I think I start exercises events with one but end with a marshmallow center.

Kiwi went to NY, right? And they have puters there?

Yesterday, I fell asleep during the day and slept sooooo deeply that when the phone rang I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I got it and this guy said he was from the fire department and collecting $ for local youth. I knew that was a lie so I said I couldn't help him and hung on the phone. Except I missed the cradle and the phone was off the hook for hours. Did that stop him from calling more people? I need to check this out.

Post, y'all. Kiwi will want things to read.

Wabby
04-23-2004, 02:43 PM
I still have a cold. It hasn't killed my appetite, though.

I'm reading The DaVinci Code. Not really my kind of book, but surprisingly good.

You do have a life, Sugar. It's a pretty busy one, too. What are you doing with high school students?? Teaching them to speak english with a cute canadian accent?

Peach, that person deserved to get his phone tied up for hours. He shouldn't wake you up. Do you think he had to listen to hours of snoring???

Lohani
04-23-2004, 08:53 PM
I'm here...one more week....
I just finished Angels and Demons...the prequel to the DaVinci code...it wasn't my type of book either..I'm going to read the DaVinci code...but only because I want to be hip like you.

I did read The Amateur Marriage last week. It was SO good. I love her. I was trapped at the mall with the boys and paid 28bucks for it so that I would have something to do...it killed me but it was worth it.

I'll be back.

Cherry Cow
04-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Hi! I finally got The Amateur Marriage from the library and I'll read it as soon as I'm done with The Pritikin Program.

I'm still fat. My weight loss blog has a slightly changed address. Maybe that will make me lose weight.

Wabby
04-26-2004, 06:46 PM
The Amateur Marriage was wonderful, wasn't it? It was exactly my kind of book. I just can't relate to The DaVinci Code. Not alot of international intrigue in my life. Unless I count Sugar P. ;)

It has turned into summer here. It's 85 degrees here today and it's hot!!! :cool:

Cherry, if a change of address would make me lose weight I'd move out of state. Hee.

Wabby
04-26-2004, 06:48 PM
I forgot to ask - if I'm talking about one of my dear internet friends to 3D friends, is it mandatory to mention that my dear internet friend is not 3D???? Have you ever noticed that if you do mention it ppl look like you're out of your mind????

Cherry Cow
04-26-2004, 07:05 PM
I refer to my pre-2000 internet friends as if they're 3D, although for years, DH acted as if y'all were my imaginary friends. I don't even bring it up when I'm talking about my friends, especially y'all and my friend who runs the Realm of Redheads. I mean, I've known you guys since 1998!!! Bagzie's cat is my desktop picture!

Haven't lost weight yet.

I'm in the first chapter of The Amateur Marriage and I like it so far. Of course.

Lohani
04-26-2004, 08:46 PM
No, Wabby, you do not have to qualify us as internet friends. Back in '98 I told two quasi-friends about you guys and Cybermom and one of them asked, in all sincerity..."Is that like the people who get together for Star Trek?" I guess the technology is what reduced it to the level of Trekkies. Since then, I have had occasion to speak of you guys...but I never mention that I only know you through cyberspace.

I am less than halfway through DaVinci but if I didn't finish it I'd live. The first one was better, not as much lecturing.

Who are these redheads, Cherry? I want to spy.

I should go nag my kids about their homework. L

SugP
04-27-2004, 05:52 AM
:D Not alot of international intrigue in my life. Unless I count Sugar P. ;)

Awww. That's the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me. :smug:

When I refer to y'all I usually just say "My friend _____ in _______ ." Works for me. Some of our friends here used to think internet friends were weird until they got their OWN internet friends and now they won't shut up about it. Ha!

Had a kind of a :nono::rollpin::dz: weekend, but we all survived mil's b'day party just fine. Wabby, you asked about the high school students - they come for extra help in English because they're doing crappy in school. The new kid I have seems just fine to me, he's just plain lazy, but his mother begged me to save him and is paying me money to do it so I'm trying. :dizzy:

Just got a whole truckload of clothes I ordered from a catalogue last week and of course they all look hideous. I swear if I get any shorter I'll just disappear. Low-rise jeans fit me like normal jeans, capris come down to my ankles. I'm just a ball with arms and legs. Gotta go exercise. Maybe..

Wabby
04-27-2004, 06:52 PM
Sugar, I know lots of ppl who order clothes from catalogues and get the cutest stuff, but I can't even go buy clothes in person and have them fit right. In fact, clothes shopping is a traumatic experience. I have this image in my mind of a somewhat normal sized woman, then reality smacks me upside the head when I look in those durn 3 way mirrors. I end up in a week long depression every time. That's why I dress so shabby - I can't take the heartache of the 3 way mirrors - it's easier just to wear the old stuff.

I've been in a slump lately. I haven't been watching what I'm eating and I haven't done a bit of exercise since I can't remember when. Has anyone been watching the Dr. Phil weight loss challenge? Those ppl deserve to lose weight. They work hard at it. Of course, in between working hard they are jetted off to fabulous spas and shopping sprees. That wouldn't hurt.

Sugar, I imagine you're a wonderful english tutor. Is it kind of fun??

PainterWoman
04-28-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm back from San Francisco.
It's now time to crack the cellophane on the Pilate's for weightloss and Pilates for beginners. My "power core" !?! needs serious recharging.... and my ankles and calves could use some sort of strengthening. Even with cable cars and taxis I walked way more than I'm used to... and I'm sort of numb to my wobblyknees. but I got neat photos and wonderful memories.

So it's back to the garden, walking, and WATER WATER WATER.
I'm reading Clara Callan, finished Cold Heart (J. Kellerman... creepy and a fast read)... Have the one that came before Amateur Marriage to read... will probably wait for A.M. to come out in pbk. I love reading! almost as much as travelling. And way more than working.... but I must to that tomorrow... so I'm off to bed.

(Haven't weighed for 10 days. I'm scared.... I hope the shrimp cocktail (with sourdough on the side) wasn't too fattening.

Bagzz
04-28-2004, 11:47 AM
hello dear friends---i must say---i say "my friend from Oregon"--my friend from New Jersey,Maine,Texas.,Iowa,Germany,Florida!!!!!!!!WO W am i special!!!!=---- ;) i have decided that i CANNOT stand how i look---i HATE the bags,wrinkles,FLABBBY everything---and i have been plagued with ROIDS for a week and that gets me CRABBY for sure----i keep looking at these people who are MY age and thikning---THEY LOOK TERRIBLE------ now just imagine what they must be thinking back at ME. Do you all really think things would be better if we were thinner???? wouldn't all the other AGING grossities bother us just as much????????????? help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SugP
04-28-2004, 02:36 PM
Oh Bagzie! I hear ya! I was just inspecting the goods yesterday and wondering what the flab and wrinkles will look like in 5 or 10 or even 20 years. Pretty depressing if you're already having a 'roid type of week. *sigh* Keep yer chin up! You're gorgeous! :D

This is so sad: On the weekend I read in the paper that a young boy, 14, two villages over from ours, was working with his 11-yr old brother in his father's grain silo, and he (the older boy) somehow managed to fall in and get buried. They think he may have passed out from the heat or bad air or something. They managed to get him out and he was in a coma and today I heard that he had died. Can you imagine? The parents have two other younger children along with the 11-yr. I don't even know the family and I feel awful. :(

Kiwonk
04-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Had a great time in New York. Caught a cold the day we started for home. Feel like cr@p. Will attempt to write about vacation at some point. In the meantime...
DH thinks we should just spend $75 to put a new treadmill belt on the old one, but he doesn't realize the brains to the thing has problems too. Sometimes it wants to just take off on its own. You can be walking along a 3 mph and it gets it in it's head to make you start jogging, whether you wanted to or not.
Cool, Wabby, your own personal trainer! :coach: "You're not going fast enough, RUN!"
my sista mananged to get some help this weekend---granny has moved to her son's place and now my sis can have some peace and quiet with her own little family {of three very rowdy kids!!}BUT--at least her "free" time is her own! very happy for her and for me of course
So glad to hear that -- she certainly deserves a break!
Kiwi went to NY, right? And they have puters there?
They do have computers there, but they charge $$$$$ to use them. We spent so much $$$$$$$$$ on everything we had none left to use on internet...
I forgot to ask - if I'm talking about one of my dear internet friends to 3D friends, is it mandatory to mention that my dear internet friend is not 3D???? Have you ever noticed that if you do mention it ppl look like you're out of your mind????
I refer to my internet friends all the time (are your ears burning?) -- everyone I know is used to it. Of course they already thought I was a little off anyway :shrug:

Kiwi

Wabby
04-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Welcome home, Kiwi!!!! The place just wasn't the same without you!

OOooooo, Sugar, crepey eyelids and chicken necks?? Have you been spying on me? I just keep thinking about older women that I know and love and how those lines and creases are beautiful to their loved ones. I don't mind getting older if I can look good for a 50 yr old, or a 60 yr old, or however old I manage to make it to. That said, I still manage to get a little depressed when it takes so darn long to get gussied up anymore. It seems to take so much more effort.

Bagzie, it's only those other ppl who look old. We just look well broken in. :lol:

Hey! I walked 20 minutes @ 3 mph on the new treadmill!!! I am a fitness guru!!! :tread:

Cowpernia
04-28-2004, 09:55 PM
I am sick of losing posts

Cowpernia
04-29-2004, 10:11 AM
POSSST

i AM STRANGELY motivated. Yesterday, in my office at the job, I threw out four trash bags of stuff. Some predated me in there. These were the black trash bags.

No woo woowwwwww come help me motivate here. /today.

Have you seen "Pieces of April?" Isn't it great???!! Loved it. Watched it then watched it again once I knew what it was about then watched it with the producer's comments.

Bye. Post. Please. Now. Soon. That color was "allspice." Pretty. First color was "cavern."

Wabby
04-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Peachy, how did you get motivated to clean up your office? I can't see my desk, which is pathetic when you consider the teeny amount of actual work I get done here.

I walked on the treadmill this morning. 20 minutes @ 3.5 mph. Go me.

I'm reading Dr. Phil's weight loss book. DD bought it. I think it will be helpful, but not a silver bullet.

I made potato salad w/ light miracle whip and 2 grams fat mayo. Tastes the same as regular. I still ate too much of it.

Never seen "Pieces of April". I haven't watched a video in months. I need to watch "Something's Gotta Give." Everybody says it's great and the romantic leads aren't pre-teenagers either.

Cowpernia
04-29-2004, 02:15 PM
I saw Something's Got To Give and didn't like it much. Very simple predictible plot. Pieces of April is complex and funny.

Where's everybody else? ???????SNARLLLLLLL This color is tangerine. How does this work?

Kiwonk
04-29-2004, 04:51 PM
When did "Pieces of April" come out? Would I find it in the back shelves of the video store, or perhaps at the library? Inquiring minds want to know. This is no color at all. And yet you can read it.

I still have a wicked cold (we talk like that here in New England). I can barely breathe. It's boring. I spent the past 24 hours making pies. I made 3. That's 8 hours per pie. I made homemade crust and it was all crack-y and I patched it and used it anyway. Then I made one pie with pasteurized eggs, because the real pie calls for 2 raw eggs and I didn't think that would be a good thing to be selling at an auction (even though I've eaten it a million times--oo no wonder I'm fat). Unfortunately, it did not work because this pasteurized egg stuff is not made from whole eggs--it's just egg whites and food coloring and stuff. So the pie is more or less chocolate fluff. Not French Silk as advertised. Oh, I also ruined 2 squares of chocolate. That is a crime against nature. Did you know that if you melt chocolate, then stir vanilla into it, it seizes up and you can't use it? So this morning I went out for more chocolate and a package of pie crusts, since I needed one more than I had, and I for sure wasn't spending all day making pie crust again. So now I'm done and in an hour I get to go see if anyone bids on these things. Good as they are, I don't want to see them again for a long time.

Now aren't you glad you made me come post? One of these days I'll tell you what I did in NY. There were minor/future celebrities involved, ear plugs, and old flames.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
04-29-2004, 05:01 PM
If that were no color, we'd be able to see all the way back to the paper you're writing on.

2003. here's the website (http://www.piecesofaprilmovie.com/)

Yessss. We made chocolate dipped strawberries from a recipe in a Weightwatchers Cookbook. It called for semisweet chocolate to be melted then raspberry liquer to be mixed in!!! ... A big dry mess. Did it again. 'Nother dry mess. Left out the liquer. Fine. Yummy. Seizing isn't tested in Weightwatcher test kitchens I guess.

Bagzz
04-30-2004, 09:51 AM
One Should Know That One Should Drink The Liquer And Ignore The Instructions---------does Ds Eat This Liquor Inspired Recipe???---i Did A Search On Rasputienrier-e=e=e= Or Whatever The Name Of The Group Is And I Am Totally Shocked That Peachers Listens To A Group With Such Song Names!!!!!!!! Shocked@!!!!!!

Cowpernia
04-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Kiwi listens too. And she's a lady.

Kiwonk
04-30-2004, 04:43 PM
:lol: :rofl:

Lohani
05-01-2004, 11:38 AM
HI all,
I finished my two month job yesterday and not a minute too soon.
I have not read but know that Peaches is listening to dirty songs and telling lies about Kiwi. Shame on her.
I'm going to go clean. L

Cowpernia
05-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Is anyone else beginning to suspect that "going to clean" is a euphemism for "hitting the bottle?"

Kiwonk
05-01-2004, 05:17 PM
Oh how them sisters go at it. :lol3:

I only have one Rasputina song on my computer at the moment, called Dig Ophelia :shrug:

My computer keeps disconnecting me and crashing programs. It is not my friend today. I don't know why I keep playing with it if it doesn't like me. Maybe I should find a new friend. You know, like a vacuum cleaner or something :no:

Later gators. It's about 85 degrees out today and sunny. Goodbye

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-01-2004, 05:43 PM
a few words from one of Peachers new favourite band----------Cakey is their make up
Catholics try to shake up
All the things that form their lives, but they're
Dead, their sigh is their song
They know what they do is wrong
Stay here with us, it's just time
Transylvanian Concubine

Candleabra's lighted
Satan has been sighted
Never has there been an evening like

This----------------------tsk tsk!!!!! i am telling the reverend!!!!

Cowpernia
05-01-2004, 08:07 PM
I think it's pretty.

Listen here cowlets. Now that we're no longer involved in any way whatsoever with Herbicide, we're free to get even. Ideas?

Just went to see The Punisher. It was good. I kept my shirt over my face through much of it.

Kiwonk
05-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Didn't you get any ideas in The Punisher? It sounds like a good source. Maybe you could try that other movie that's out now, Man on Fire -- that's all about revenge, isn't it?

Who wants to see pictures of NYC? I'm not putting them on here. Maybe I'll post them somewhere and send you a URL.

I made a broccoli/bacon/cheese quiche for dinner. It's cooking right now. I don't know how good it is. But the house smells like bacon, so who's going to object?

Kiwi

SugP
05-02-2004, 05:32 AM
Now that we're no longer involved in any way whatsoever with Herbicide, we're free to get even. Ideas?

Itching powder? Standing grocery order at the Winn Dixie charged weekly to the American Express and delivered to your door? Crank phone calls? Nasty newspaper article?

Looks like Kiwi sneezed one too many times and sent her virus right over here because now *I* have a wicked cold. Hit me like a ton of bricks Friday afternoon. I'm making homemade chicken soup to ease the pain.

Got a new truckload of catalogue clothes and some of them actually fit. I am just SO cute. Well, in a bovine kind of way. :smug:

Painty - how are you liking the Pilates? It's not doing a thing for the belly yet, but I swear the rest of me is getting more toned.

WHERE'S BERRYPIE?? Anyone know?

Kiwonk
05-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry, SugarP, I didn't mean to sneeze in that direction. :bb: Hope you feel better soon. I can't even get it together to make chicken soup.

Here's a list of places I went on vacation, because I have nothing else to talk about and maybe it will amuse you.
We went to Connecticut to visit DH's aunt, and nearly died from the constant cigarette smoke
We checked in our hotel in NY and met our real life friends from Oregon and their brother and friend
Bought Metro cards and spent the whole week zipping around on subways and buses and still managed to wear out our feet to bloody stumps
Went to dinner at a Polish/Ukrainian restaurant, then to The Continental, a hole-in-the-wall club in the East Village, to listen to really loud music while standing out like sore thumbs for being twice as old as anyone else there.
Went on a Circle Line tour around the island of Manhattan
Saw Strawberry Fields in Central Park
Had great Italian food, went to Fiddler on the Roof, had a backstage tour (made DD sing on darkened stage) and dropped a wad of $$ at the Rainbow Room
Saw dinosaurs and stuff at the Natural History Museum
Had Thai food with DH's old gf and went to Amateur Night at the Apollo Theatre
Went to the Bronx Zoo, saw a car burning up on a bridge on the way
Went out to fab Italian restaurant and listened to jazz quintet featuring old-time clarinetist, subjected old bf to family and friends
Got niece and nephew presents at Hello Kitty, for contrast went to the Guggenheim Art Museum
Ate at French bistro, listened to jazz trio at uptown club Smoke
Checked out of hotel, went to Canal Street for throng shopping. That's throng, not thong.
Drove north, stopped in NH for dinner and rock music
Collapsed for a week

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-02-2004, 04:02 PM
ds9 came home from school on friday morning with a stomach ache---fever----the diarrhea---------he had it all yesterday and then last night he had it all night--went to outpatient when blood was coming out as well----and OF course they are testing his sample for E.COLI------------AM I TO BE DRIVEN INSANE?????????????---- he is home now,still bloody diarrhea but managing------we have to wait 48 hours for the culture testing-------------shoot me NOW----------- where in the **** would he get THAT---he won't even eat meat and supposedly our water on the west side was safe---------------he hasn't had any food different from ours that we can remember---------anyway------------had to tell you!!! pray for us!!! xoxo

Kiwonk
05-02-2004, 11:41 PM
Oh Bagz, I hope it's not e.coli!! Poor baby, how miserable. I hope he shakes it soon. I suppose it's possible for it to be e.coli, even though he doesn't eat meat--they've found it in some fresh produce too, but I would think the chances are slim.

Hugs to all of you. :grouphug:

Kiwi

SugP
05-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Oh Bagzie. Your poor baby. Do you think he might have picked it up from someone else at school? I've read it can be passed on hand to mouth. I guess the school will let you know if anyone else got it. You'll be in my thoughts. Please let us know how he is.

Bagzz
05-03-2004, 11:35 AM
hi there girls--------since the E Coli test takes 48 hours to culture i guess i won't know for sure til tomorrow,but of course I worry about all the complications that can happen to kids---most of these terrible things happen to kids under five and ds is almost ten and ONE HUNDRED AND TEN POUNDS!!!---- so the size factor is in our favour----it is just so frightening to see blood for any reason----------anyone remember that i spent a week in the hospital with dd 20 {twenty years old today in fact} after Dad died---she had salmonella poisoning-----------WHAT KIND OF DUMP AM I RUNNING AROUND HERE????????????? DEPT OF HEALTH WILL BE IN TO CHECK ME OUT !!!!!!----- ds didn't eat anything out of the ordinary so that is the real concern--------Sugar---i do think that most children's bathrooms are unsanitary so that could be the problem---gross!!!!!! i will keep you posted---can anyone think of somthing he can eat---he hates anything on the BRAT diet {bananas,rice,applesauce and toast] he is such a terrible eater and that is why i thought he was immune from such a disease----won't eat meat or "fresh produce"!!!!! must be some other thing.................... :( THANKS FOR YOUR CONCERN XOXOOXO :^: [/COLOR]

Kiwonk
05-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Well, I wrote a message, but I was disconnected from the modem and it's flown the coop.

My suggestion is yogurt, plain or vanilla. Of course he may not like that either. My mother used to give us gingerale when we had tummy ailments. Ginger is actually good for the digestion system, supposed to counteract nausea. So gingersnaps wouldn't be a bad thing. Or maybe just anything he'll eat that non-greasy and not acid-y. Don't we have a nurse on here? Oh yeah, I guess not.

I have not exercised since I got back from NY, except for a short walk one day last week. I am a slug and I'm going to he** :devil: in a handbasket. A really large sturdy one, I hope, because I don't want to break the contraption with my girth and fall headfirst into the brimstone. If I'm going to spend eternity in the fiery depths, I don't want brimstone in my hair the very first day.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
05-03-2004, 09:07 PM
I am so worried about BaggzieSon that I am almost not asking how a child can weight 105 at such a young age AND be a poor eater.

I changed my cat's name so it's not one H picked out.

Kiwonk
05-03-2004, 10:50 PM
what did you change the cat's name to? Or for that matter, from? (I have a terrible memory, you know -- I remember Empy, but not the 2nd one)

Cowpernia
05-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Empy is short for Emperor. When we got the new cat, DS named it Czar (it's a Siberian cat) and H thought it should be Ivan the Terrible. Czar now.

I saw in the paper yesterday that a mobile home burned and a woman was killed. It's in an area where H owns a lot of mobile homes.

Bagzz
05-04-2004, 02:07 PM
we went to see the doctor and he says there is nothing
strange growing so far in the sample--that is good cause i guess
something would have shown up by now----dr says that they probably would
never know what caused the problem but it is clearing up and that is the
most important thing---ds is feeling much better although the "problem" of frequent bathroom visits is still upon us {not as bad as it was for sure !!}for some reason i have been NOT dealing with these daily problems so well----feel kind of depressed or blah ----the weather has been cold ,rainy or foggy as well for a couple of weeks so that doesn't help--wrinkles,dingy hair and flab aren't helping either---someone think of something cheery.

Wabby
05-04-2004, 02:57 PM
The good news about DS is certainly cheery, Bagzie! What a scarey experience.

I posted a long, rambling, incoherent post about the present state of my household and the 3 chicks lost it. Oh well, I guess you all didn't need to hear all of that anyway. I'll give you the short version. I - am - being - driven - crazy. Laundry. Dishes. Dirt. Dog hair. "Adult" children. Believe me, they are either adult or children. They can't be both. I have very large children.

SugP
05-04-2004, 03:00 PM
Good to know that it's most likely nothing too serious but it would be nice to know what it was, wouldn't it? Of course you were worried about the poor little guy. I wouldn't have handled that well either. It's the daily problems that freak me out the most. We need to find something to cheer you up!!!

I don't suppose this would help any? You need loudspeakers to get the full effect.Sponge Monkeys (http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/)

Kiwonk
05-04-2004, 05:27 PM
I saw in the paper yesterday that a mobile home burned and a woman was killed. It's in an area where H owns a lot of mobile homes.
Hey, maybe he'll get sued!

So glad DS is improving and it isn't anything ominous. I'm sure he'll be back to his normal self soon. And then, Bagz, you can take a break and have some fun, how about it?

I hate to say it, but I have noticed that when I quit getting any exercise, I start getting really depressed, and when I walk or exercise several times a week, it pretty much goes away. I mean, sure, I already knew that was supposed to work that way, but I hate to admit that it does.

I guess Czar is okay for a cat's name. Hard to call out the back door though. But then he probably doesn't come when you call anyway. I have one who does, one who doesn't. The one who doesn't responds to attention, but you know she doesn't know her name.

I don't mind hearing about the state of your household, Wabbit. Can't be any worse than mine. Most of the time, I am here online just to escape tackling it, as you probably know. I'll volunteer to take the dog hair off your hands :yes: -- well, I can't honestly say I miss dog hair, but I miss dog.

I'll post a picture to cheer Bagz up. Let's see, do you want to see the awful one of DH with a spoon hanging off his nose? How about DD in her stage makeup for "Joseph"?

Kiwi

Lohani
05-05-2004, 08:08 AM
Whew! Bagzie..how scary. I'm glad the news is good so far. That would freak me out. Of course you aren't taking it in stride.

My computer completely crashed a few days ago. It is now completely reformatted, meaning we lost everything. Think of all those cleaning lists that have been wiped off the face of the earth. Really, my MONEY file, which ALWAYS asked me to back it up and I never did, is gone. I suppose that is a shame.

It is DS14's birthday. Can you believe it????? I must cook, cook, cook and make merry. DD already made the cake. He's getting guitar stuff.

I am finished with my last long term subbing assignment of the year. TG...sixth graders are so annoying.

I want to be inspired to loose weight and exercise. I am going to check out the Dr. Phil thread. I think I am a tubbo due to deep psychological reasons.

I'll be back. Now that I've returned to the internet, I should show my gratitude and become an addict again. L

Cowpernia
05-05-2004, 10:02 AM
It is so easy to loose posts on here. I posted TWiCE yesterday and both poofed away. It happens when you try to make a correction. Never correct. Just leave it wrong.

Bagzieee ... I don't see what else you could need to cheer you up since we know that Bagzboy is good. When our kids are good, all is good. My kid is 16 so I don't know if he's good or not.

Yesterday, I had other stuff to say but now I don't. The earth turns. I am mortified, however, by the prisoner thing. It's time for the prez to get that regilious conviction of his into action. golden rule, etc.

I called these ladies about writing a story on something good they did. They both, it turns out, attend the church I was not allowed to join. One of them used to say to me "I drive by your house all the time and keep telling myself I should stop." This time .. on meeting for the story ... she said "Let's meet at your house." Is that weird? I was caught off guard and said ok then called back and told them to come downtown.

Bagzz
05-05-2004, 11:29 AM
oh my goodness!! i don't mean to sound ungrateful that my darling boy is getting better---it is the most important thing of all for our children to be HEALTHY------------no question----i guess i just am still guarded until he gets NORMAL huddas----and that has not occured as of yet-----the terrible colours are leaving though thank God----today is finally sunny----maybe i will garden--you are right Kiwonks ---excercise does improve mood although that doesn't seem to keep me motivated-------now that lush is back we can all count on looosing weight for sure---------again---thanks for your support and SUGAR!!!! i loved the sponge monkeys---dd and her bf were having quite a laugh at them as well!!! xoxoxoxo

Lohani
05-05-2004, 03:27 PM
Bagzie, my kids being sick always throws me off. It shakes me up for a while, particularly something that had potential to be really bad. The combination of seeing them so helpless and losing so much sleep wears my sunny disposition down to the bone. It isn't ungratefulness. You have to carry the possibilities of what this could have been in your mind so that he won't be burdened by it. That's your job.
Peachie, that was weird. You were right. I hate when people invite themselves here. Particularly when the people who do it are uppity in the first place. Don't offer her a drink when she meets you downtown.

Where's everyone else...you guys are fun, but i need more interaction while I'm "cleaning"
L

Kiwonk
05-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Lush, I can't believe your DS is turning 14. Wasn't he one of the little guys not 5 minutes ago?

Are you really cleaning? DH just showed up at home with a migraine, so all that vacuuming I was going to do is out of the question. :s: Anyway, I've promised to send a CD of our vacation pictures to the folks that were there with us, so I should get that done instead anyway.

Peaches, that lady just wants to see the inside of your house. I think you should make up stories about what you've done with it since you moved in, to drive her crazy. "Oh I'd invite you in but the contractor has the place all torn up putting in the atrium and indoor pool" "Where do you get a good vet for baby alligators?"

Kiwi

Wabby
05-05-2004, 05:09 PM
Bagzie, of course you're not ungrateful for DS's health. You've just been drug through an emotional knot hole and it will take a while to feel ok again. Nothing like the thought of our young 'uns having some dreadful illness to throw us for a loop.

Lush, tell us your list. I can't even remember what it's like to have a clean house. Can't remember the last time I walked in the door to a shiny sink. I want a list. I need to live my domestic goddess life through you. Did you know that there is going to be a new reality show in which the ppl compete for the title of Domestic Diva. The winner gets a tv show deal - probably should get free legal defense too. It would have helped Martha.

I got the nicest post card in the mail.....

Peach, only one word for that woman - rude. And what's with you not being "allowed" to join their church? I want the story on that one.

Wabby
05-05-2004, 05:15 PM
Did I tell you the story of how I almost knocked myself out with a soaker hose???? I was unwinding it, and it got caught on something. I gave it a tug and it snapped back and whacked me on the temple. I saw stars and I realized I was dripping blood. The worst part was how stupid I felt for fighting with a hose. Duh. :dizzy:

Cowpernia
05-05-2004, 05:38 PM
baggggggzy, I hope I didn't offend YEWWWW cause YURRR so ... sigh ... wonderful. The best mom.

Wabby, I've told this story but for you I'll do it again.

I attended for weeks and went to join. They had a new minister and I liked him. He had been years in Yemen as a missionary and was good at outrunning Moslems.

Anyway, I went to join during the Come to the Alter time and he told me I'd have to meet with him. I left work early to meet with him (he made sure his secretary was in the next room and I had to meet her working hours) and he asked for my testimony.

I don't have a testimony, I said.

He said he wanted to know about the moment I knew I was saved.

I've always known that, I said. I was raised that way. (He was raised part Catholic.. part Voodoo)

So he said I was welcome to visit but until I can tell him about being saved, he believed I wasn't saved. I thought he was crazy and left smiling in case he got nuttier. Never went back.

I've had several members tell me they can't believe it since then.

Kiwonk
05-05-2004, 08:24 PM
I can't even describe how pissed off that makes me. What an ignorant hypocrite.

SugP
05-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Nothing to report. I should be doing something else but I don't wanna. My kitchen is a mess and my head is still stuffed up. Dh is sitting in the living room with his best friend having "Guys' Night" and scarfing down chips and beer.

Peachy, I remember you telling that church story. That minister sounds pretty UN-Christian to me. Isn't it his job to welcome people who show interest in joining instead of bringing out the Spanish Inquisition?

Off to twiddle my thumbs and drag my feet.

Wabby
05-06-2004, 07:45 PM
Peach, believe me, you didn't want to join that church. How bizarro. Another reason I'm a heathen and not a member of an organized religion. That and I like to sleep in on Sunday. :devil:

Did I mention I'm building a pond? Well, not all by myself. I started digging and I talked DS and a couple of his friends into finishing up the job. It's not a huge pond, just big enough for me to sit next to and read a book and sip margaritas.

I'll post pictures when it's all done. DH is all doom and gloom, telling me it will be a headache to maintain, blah, blah, blah. It's not like I expect him to maintain it. I figure the worst that could happen is that I decide I made a mistake and I fill it in. The best that could happen is that I decide I love it and then I will have an excuse to go buy a whole bunch of new aquatic plants.

Sugar, did the doldrums jump the big pond and land at your doorstep? Sounds like you could use a "girls night". Which reminds me, bunco is on Saturday. You're invited.

PainterWoman
05-07-2004, 02:31 AM
I haven't been lurking... I've been shirking and vacationing.... not necessarily in that order. Vacation to CA was nice, though sort of busy. Found a divine estate/garden historical site called Filoli (filoli.org) Beautiful. Did some sketching. Caught up with two college friends... Got depressed because their doing social activism things AND apparently making bundles of money, not to mention fit and trim. Bleeeech.
Set new goal to get fit. Overcome with disbelief, inertia and "Cowboy Cookies" from Albertsons. (oh and tootsie Rolls. What am I doing)./

Getting up at 4:30 tomorrow am to catch plane to Indiana for DS's college graduation. Ex H and his wife (an Ex best friend...) seem more reasonable than previously so we might even have a good time if I can relax. then 10 days at home then visit to DD between her final exams and internship (she's mid-way through an MBA). She's posting in the journals here and is gung ho... so perhaps we wont entirely pig out while we're in the North End or Maine beach towns. Haven't decided if that's good or bad.

Has anybody read Mrs. Kimble? by J. Haigh. weird and nicely written.
But it didn't keep me up all night the way Delinsky's newest pback (Flirting with Pete) or J. Kellerman's recent pbk did.....

Best wishes and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers.

Kiwonk
05-07-2004, 01:28 PM
Did I mention I'm building a pond? ...... The best that could happen is that I decide I love it and then I will have an excuse to go buy a whole bunch of new aquatic plants.
Excellent! I think you'll love it. Must have fish in it, don't you think, to eat any bugs? Or maybe frogs. Good grief, we were driving home the other night and DD opened the car window and there was a thunderous chorus of frogs as we passed a marshy area. It was so impressive that DD looked at me and said "I've got to sample that!" This is a great amount of enthusiasm from her -- she generally rolls her eyes up in her head if I point out anything outdoors. By the way, sampling is recording sounds/music/etc. to use in your own songs or recordings.

Sounds like you are some busy, Painty. I'll have to go have a look at those gardens. I like other people's gardens. Too bad they don't have Smell-O-Vision on the internet.

Today is a day off from school. DD is still in her pjs. So am I. Ho hum

Kiwi

Wabby
05-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Hi Painterpants, sounds like you've been a busy girl. The trouble with Tootsie Rolls is that you can eat tons of those little ones and not feel sick like you do with real chocolate. Not that feeling sick when eating real chocolate ever stopped me. Don't go comparing yourself to college friends. It's not healthy. Put on blinders and follow your own row to hoe. Like a good cow. ;)

I had an hour to squander between work and a hair appt. yesterday. I stopped by Burgerville and had a strawberry shortcake. I drove almost to my hair salon and I still had a half hour to kill. I went through the drive up at Taco Bell and got a Burrito Supreme. Getting my hair done is soooo fattening. I'm kind of a blondie for the summer. Not totally blonde, but streaky blonde. DH said I hadn't asked him if I could color my hair. Like he actually had a say so in the deal. Men. :rollpin:

Lohani
05-07-2004, 01:43 PM
Oh, Painty, you're so inspiring. I know nothing of SBD...but I suspect that the affirmation at the end means more than the diet anyway. Congrats on loosing all those lbs.

Wabby or Bagz, is Morning Glory a good annual vine to put on the fence around my pool? Please consult. I have chosen it because it is idiot proof according to the book and it is supposed to be pretty.

DD now has a car. It's a 98 Taurus. Good price. Cute. She doesn't have a license yet, but that will come.

Sugar, I have your stuffiness etc.

Honestly, Kiwi, I don't know why you're shocked. Most clergy fall into the nice/nasty trap. No one can possibly be an expert on God...so what they really are holding themselves up to be is experts on Good/evil. And I ask you, who would hold himself up as an expert on good unless he was trying to conceal his evil nature??????????????????????????

Personally I prefer nuns and brothers. They are much maligned, but all they do is work. They don't hold themselves up to be experts on anything. True, they are somewhat cranky, but you'd be cranky too if you had to deal with priests all day.

I will share my cleaning list:
()1. shift wash
()2. unload dw
()3. load dw
()4. trash out
()5. foyer
()6. laundry to lr
()7. vac first floor
()8. dust first floor
()9. windex first floor
()10.find bins in lr.

Wabby
05-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Lush, I think morning glory would be wonderful. I've tried to grow them, but for some reason they just wouldn't take off. I think it was a cold and wet spring year that time. I hear they need lots of heat to really take off. Also, it helps to sprout them by soaking overnight.Do you realize that now your DD can cart the other kids around? You are free, woman, free!!!!

Since Lushy's listing stuff - here's mine. This is what I did before I came into work today at 9 am (I got up early - 5 am. Insomnia.)

Washed 2 loads of clothes, folded 2 loads.
Put breakfast dishes in DW.
Made bed.
Cleaned 2 toilets.
Wiped down 2 bathroom counters.
Swept kitchen and back room floor.
Watched recorded "Gardener's Journal" - I love my DVR.
Drank 3 cups of coffee.

I'm so impressed with myself. Of course, I haven't gotten much done here at work. :dizzy:

Have a good weekend cows, enjoy a margie or 2.

Lohani
05-08-2004, 09:13 AM
That Wabby is such a cleanie!!!!!!!!! I did nothing on my list...I went to see Mean Girls with DD and DS....dd wants me and only me now that I'm her licensed driver.

I need to rethink these morning glories. If Wabby had trouble...what will I have???? I want something that any idiot can grow and that won't take over my yard. Please suggest. I have a horrible "temporary" chain link fence around my pool. It was cheap at the time, about $1500. I did not want wood because it blocked the view too much. I originally wanted a simple black iron fence with brick columns at the corners...but it was $15,000.00...They have black aluminum for about $9,000(semi-ugly and cheap looking), black vinyl for $5000. (full-out ugly and cheap looking). If I'm going to have to have something cheap looking, it may as well be cheap. Am I wrong to think that it is way too much for a 60'X60 fence? It is visible from the back of the house, but is a couple of hundred feet away so I thought vines would soften the lines of the cheap fence without blocking my view of teenagers who need supervision. Opinions sought and appreciated.

I'm going to the grocery store. bye

Kiwonk
05-08-2004, 02:23 PM
I totally think that if you are going the cheap route, it should be cheap. Personally I think $15K for a beautiful fence is way too steep a price, although maybe if I had an estate worth a mil or two I would think about it. Stick with your cheap and honest chainlink; it's probably the least noticeable anyway (certainly less noticeable than black vinyl :p -- by the way, why don't they have a smiley for "barf"?). And with morning glory vines it will not even be an eyesore :cp: . I'll bet you can grow morning glories with no problem -- you get plenty of sun, don't you?

I'm making a photo album on Mystic Photo Lab of our NYC trip. It's going to take a while, but I'll send anyone the address who wants it. You'll have to wade through crappy pics, and I'm not including the gem with DH with the spoon on his nose, but then, you can't have everything.

Kiwi

Lohani
05-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Yes, Kiwi, but how. Do I just plant these things...I assume I can find them in a pot....and watch them grow? Do you think they will actually do that for me? Why? I have done nothing to build good karma with the plant world. I started watering my plants every Monday about 3 mos ago. I think it is killing the plant in the kitchen. I used to water them when I remembered..which was usually when one died.

I want to see pics of NYC.

DD loves her car. It is a Ford Taurus. A very boring car. She wanted a jeep.

She's in a band. She sings jazz standards...Etta James, etc. They have their first public performance this week.

I've made ribs and corn on the cob for dinner. Shame on me.

Cowpernia
05-08-2004, 11:49 PM
1. I had a woman threaten to take legal action on me today. This is over the internet. It's because I made a flattering remark about a project she's involved with and said that someone else was partly responsible for it. She wants all the credit so she's threatening to sue. It seems silly but she's crazy enough to worry about.

2. I am appalled that people here are getting cars for their kids when I'm too whacked out to teach mine to drive. I am not going to post here anymore. It's too disturbing. I'm going to Connecticut.

Kiwonk
05-09-2004, 12:57 AM
She's in a band. She sings jazz standards...Etta James, etc. They have their first public performance this week.
Way cool! Where are they performing?

I think you have to plant seeds for Morning Glories -- Wabbit said to soak them overnight or something. They grow fast.

Peaches, you can't hide by going to Connecticut. Everyone drives there, mostly in hideous, high-speed traffic jams. How about DS' dad? Men are good at driving. Some men are only good at driving and not much else.

We are actually at the point in the whole driving experience when DD is making noises about actually getting her license :yikes: -- if you think the thought of teaching them to drive freaks you out, wait for this thought. Most of her friends got their permits a few months earlier than she did, so they have recently gotten their licenses. All of them are still under restriction -- meaning they cannot have another minor (except a sibling) in the car with them unless there is also someone over 21, and they can't drive between 12m and 6am I think. This creates some very amusing situations: her friends are driving themselves to each other's houses--separately. Two girls came out here the other day, each in a separate car. It's quite funny. This lasts for 6 months. Even with the restriction, I am freaking a bit at DD driving by herself. There are times I still have to tell her to STOP! to keep her from going right through a red light. :eek: She's getting better. It takes 4 or 5 weeks for the paperwork to come through before they can take their road test, so I'm going to have to bite the bullet pretty soon and let her do it.

That's pretty messed up about the lady wanting to sue you. I can't imagine that anything would come of it, but sheesh, she needs to get a grip.

Kiwi

SugP
05-09-2004, 11:34 AM
:flow1: :df: Happy Mother's Day, Cows! :df: :flow1:

Love you all.:balloons:

muffie
05-09-2004, 04:16 PM
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO THE HERD!!!!!!

Here's hoping you all have a splendid day!!!

:love: :love: :goodvibes :goodvibes :queen: :queen: :balloons: :balloons: :grouphug:

Kiwonk
05-09-2004, 06:27 PM
:sunny: Have a Great Mother's Day! You all deserve it! :sunny:

Lotsa love,
Kiwi

Lohani
05-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Happy Mother's Day!!!

I decided to hand ivy on the fence. Flowers draw bees.

My DD is 17. Here they have to be 17 to get a license. They have to have their permit for 6mos and schedule the test in 6 mos in advance. She's pretty good...but shouldn't she be after all this time? I can't wait until she drives. I would much rather she be in a car where she is driving than some other bonehead.

Who is the whack who says she'll sue you? Those kinds of crazy threatening people drive me nuts. They are so aggressive. Shouldn't they have imploded by now? I'll write nasty remarks about her work if you want.

DD is playing at a local school function. Not her school, another school. So far she's bought really cute strappy shoes to wear with jeans....they have queenie heals...does anyone remember queenie heels?

must go proofread paper about aldehydes...whatever they are.

Bagzz
05-10-2004, 09:41 AM
Ivy is a good choice as you say,no flowers,plus it is a perennial--i approve---it can be invasive,but it is pretty----------------i hate bees even though my garden loves them----your dd 17------------is she in grade eleven---you mean you have all the prom stuff to look forward to next year????COOOOOOOOOOOOOL----dd18 has been offered 4000 dollar renewable scholarships from the two universities she applied to ---now she has to choose as well as face the fact that it actually costs closer to 15,000 a year to attend college----------isn't that a nice fact!---we have TWO dd18's entering university this year----------wow!! just an extra 25,000 or so a year to come up with.......KIWI----WHERE IS MY JOB?????I NEED TO START WORKING FAST!!!!

Wabby
05-10-2004, 01:58 PM
Happy belated Mother's Day to all you lovelies!!!!!

Lush, just because I can't grow morning glory doesn't mean everyone else in the world doesn't grow them like weeds. I don't see them growing around here, so I'm thinking that they probably don't do well here. This is the land of rhododendrons and conifers. Ivy is nice too. What about a clematis montana? Do a google search. If you just want something annual you could plant scarlet runner beans or hops.

Peachy, this woman needs to get a life. You don't think she'd really sue do you?

I can't relate to all this talk about drivers licenses and scholarships. Let's talk about how to get them to move out of the house.

DH thought it would be too crowded at restaurant for dinner out yesterday. He decided they should bar-b-q for Mother's Day. At about 5 pm I finally went to the store to buy groceries for my own MD dinner. DH cooked the steaks. Everything else was store made. After dinner I went to my room and fell asleep. When I got up this morning all the dinner dishes were still sitting, plus the mess DD made when she got home from work. I told them next year there would not even be a discussion about whether we go out or eat at home for Mother's day. :rollpin:

Kiwonk
05-10-2004, 04:53 PM
DD is playing at a local school function. Not her school, another school. So far she's bought really cute strappy shoes to wear with jeans....they have queenie heals...does anyone remember queenie heels?
I was listening to Etta James on NPR yesterday in the car. Fantastic. Are queenie heels the same as kitten heels? They're selling flipflops with kitten heels this year. Pretty funny, I think. Whenever I've tried on something with those heels, I feel like I'm going to break the shoes (because I'm such a delicate flower).

I've got to get started cleaning out junk from the garage. DH needs to get started fixing the dinghy, and he's going to blame me for holding things up I don't get a move on. God, I hate sorting and decluttering and all that crap.

Right on, Wabbit. Ungrateful families.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
05-10-2004, 06:26 PM
I know this doesn't belong here on 3fc, but I am so upset about this disgusting Iraqi situation, that I just have to speak my mind.

This revolting mess has gone way too far. George Bush should be impeached for completely mismanaging this horrible war and committing war atrocities on the Iraqi people. He doesn't even have the will to make changes in the personnel under him who are responsible for this disgusting display, so I say LET'S GET RID OF HIM and let's do it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bagzz
05-10-2004, 10:28 PM
[COLOR=DarkOrange]i agree with you kiwonkers---what a disaster this has turned out to be---at christmas i was crying over the people magazine's photos of the boys who have died over there-----kids who were my daughter's ages-----------even younger-----------beautiful faces of dead children -----------------and now THIS----------------if you watch the Daily Show----he sure doesn't pull any punches regarding this mess!!!

Kiwonk
05-11-2004, 02:02 AM
I can't watch the Daily Show anymore; we cancelled our satellite programming because DH said he was going to have DishTV installed. That was a month ago--today he dumped the information in my lap. GRRRR Meanwhile we've been watching very bad local TV reception.

On the up side, my friend's brother's roommate who plays in Fiddler on the Roof was nominated for a Tony today!!! Isn't that totally cool? I'm so excited.

Kiwi

SugP
05-11-2004, 05:29 AM
Yeah, what Kiwi said. They should ALL go. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Still fuming about Mother's Day and have already planned the Father's Day (which is next Thursday here, for some weird reason which may or may not have something to do with religion) Revenge. This means taking the high road and being EXTRA nice and EXTRA sweet and showing them all. Yeah, that's it. :p

Cowpernia
05-11-2004, 08:05 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with your rant, Kiwi. Surely, he will not be reelected. Those prisoners being abused bear a physical resemblance to my ex who Jewish. It hurts me to look at them. I don't think anything this demoralizing has ever happened to this country. Bring back Monica.

Bagzz
05-11-2004, 09:17 AM
hahah-----peachers!!! Bring Back Monica!!!!---I think you could get that going as a slogan--NO Problem!!! Good ONe!!!!---------------We get the Daily Show on two channels with our Local Cable---but our "stolen" american satellite signal has been shut down BIG TIME!!!!-----depressing------------------------Did I ever tell anyone that I am starting to resemble the chassis of a Dump Truck???????????/ {Kiwi---------TERRIBLE accident in Maine this weekend??!! know anything about that???}

Bagzz
05-11-2004, 09:20 AM
YIKES------------tHIS IS A BAD ONE--------------

Motherís Day Tragedy
New details are coming to light following one of the deadliest accidents in Maine history.

Authorities are now saying that the woman driving the S.U.V. that crashed in Carmel on Sunday, killing 7 people, had a suspended driver's license.

Police say that Hope Gagnon lost her license back in 1998, and never applied to have it reinstated.

Meanwhile, police are still trying to piece together exactly what happened.

7 people, four of them children, were killed on the Interstate in Carmel Sunday after their S.U.V. flew off of the highway.

Police say that it appeared that the rented Ford Explorer was going more than 90 miles per hour when it tried to pass 2 vehicles taking up both of the travel lanes.

Witnesses say that the Explorer tried to pass the vehicles by driving onto the breakdown lane.

But when the driver tried to steer back onto the road, she clipped one of the vehicles, which sent the Explorer rolling across the highway, onto the median, and into a group of trees.

"We have at least one witness who saw this vehicle go by and then was pulled over by the side of the road, about two miles from the accident, and they appeared to be switching drivers." Said Lt. Wesley Hussey of the Maine State Police.

The victims, all from South Portland, have been identified as 29-year-old Hope Gagnon, who police believe was driving, her three children ranging in age from 4 to 8, 28-year-old Kelley Armstrong, her 4-year-old son, and 29-year-old Danielle St. Paulin.

Police say that only 2 of the 7 were wearing seatbelts, and that there were no car seats or booster seats in the S.U.V. for the children.

The Portland Press Herald quotes family and friends as saying that the women were driving up to Fort Kent to meet a man Gagnon had corresponded with on the Internet.

The friends say that the woman told them that they intended to drive to Fort Kent and back again on the same day.

Kiwonk
05-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Okay, there's something else I'm really really angry about today: that accident. 4 children killed by the ***** of a mother who not only was driving illegally but didn't care enough about her children to buckle them in. And the other 2 adults didn't care enough either obviously. Bad enough that someone kills her own children and her friends, but get this: they had her neighbors on TV saying what a good, caring mother she was. What a load of crap.

Anyway..........isn't anyone impressed that I know a Tony award nominee?

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-11-2004, 10:15 PM
I Am Very Impressed!!! I Will Have To Tell My Friend Shawn---he Was In The Travelling Company Of Mamma Mia For Two Years And Has Friends On Broadway!!!!-----what Is His Name So I Can Brag For You??!!!----------i Thought The Same Thing About The Idiot Woman---get This----they Also Say She Was On Her Way To Meet An "internet Boyfriend" For The First Time-----loser Just Doesn't Cut It For Her.

Kiwonk
05-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Yeah, it's almost too bad she died in the crash--she deserves to be hanged.

John Cariani, who plays Motel in Fiddler on the Roof, is the guy who was nominated, for Best Featured Actor in a Musical. And no, Peaches, that is not pronounced mo-tel', it is mow'-tl.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
05-12-2004, 08:16 AM
How can you read my mind so easily Kuhwey? I love the first act of that play.

SugP
05-12-2004, 09:56 AM
My mother's half-sister's son played a taxi driver on Love Boat once. :p

That is HORRIBLE about that accident. Makes me ill.

I exercised. Still flabby.

Kiwonk
05-12-2004, 05:00 PM
I saw Tiny Tim :encore: at the post office back in the 70s. Twice.

I have a hairy cat on my lap. She is purring and staring at me. She is the weirdest cat ever. Lately, every time I'm on the computer she comes and stares at me. This has put the other (more normal) cat off visiting me while I'm on the 'puter, which is too bad, because she would walk along the back of my chair and give me a neck rub. This one just sheds. And stares.

Sugar's been exercising. Isn't she a good girl? I haven't. Although I did go for a walk yesterday morning. Today I have cramps and I'm pretty much not doing anything. Must go change my sig.

Ta
Kiwi

Wabby
05-12-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm terribly impressed with all of you. I don't have children who perform, or know ppl who are Tony award winners, or have published fiction, or nuttin'. At least I know all of you. That's my claim to fame. :encore:

I haven't posted because I don't have anything interesting to say.

Can't even think of that car accident. Can't watch the news these days. too much.

Sugar is a good girl, whether or not she exercises.

Cowpernia
05-13-2004, 08:39 AM
To get back to another conversation, DrPhil is probably on here but I've never heard anyone say so. We have Oprah conversations all the time. Dr. Phil, if he's on, is not impressive.

I am home today. Sugar is wonderful. Bagz is adorable and perfect. Wabby is cute and amazing. Kiwi is startling and shocking. Lushling is accomplished and prone to making lists but we like her anyway.

I once saw Judd Hirsh at the airports. He was trying to break into line. Also, saw Penny Marshall eating dinner. Also, was teased by Gene Kelly when I was a kid in Germany and he was there making a movie. Said he would "eat me up." Saw George Wallace. DS went to preschool is with the son of soap opera star. Forget her name. They were buds. The other kid played with Barbies.

Bagzz
05-13-2004, 10:35 AM
i got bruce springsteen's piano player's autograph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i have been listening to Bruce and James Taylor CDs lately----Gordon Lightfoot has a new cd {canadian folksinger---Cherry knows him}-----------So far this week i have been on a Walk A Day----today i would like to try the Pilates DVD that dd has-----WHO has tried Pilates and would like to comment?????Also I am planting more in the greenhouse and will take pics of my darling seedlings for Wabby.----------------have i reported that i have made fudge almost every day for two weeks to self medicate?

SugP
05-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Bagzie! I've only been blathering about Pilates since last October. I LOVE it and you will too. The first couple of times will kill you but then suddenly you discover you can do it!! Which tape do you have? Mine is called Crunch Pick-Your-Spot Pilates Belly Butt and Thighs. Stupid name, cute instructress, nice music and it's all over in 30 mins. :coffee:

Did 30 mins on the elliptical. Vacation countdown is starting. Must be buff by July. Riiiiiiiiiight. I'll just be my usual fat self and everyone will love me anyway. :smug:

Wabby
05-13-2004, 01:23 PM
Sugar, you are turning into our star exerciser. You LOVE??? pilates? You love it? Really? I don't think I've ever been able to say I love any physical activity in my entire life. Well, maybe one :o . :lol: Are you visiting Canada this year for vacation?

Bagzie, I loved Gordon Lightfoot when I was just a young lass. I haven't listened to him in years. He has such a mellow voice. I can't wait to see your baby seedlings. I didn't grow anything from seed this year except a few nicotianas, some pink lavatera and some cuttings of bacopa and coleus. My pond project has come to a halt. My head pond builder kid's father passed away suddenly. He's devastated and has become the patriarch of his family, taking care of the funeral arrangements as his mother and sister are distraught. A big load to carry for a 21 year old kid.

Peaches wins the prize for near brushes with fame. I saw a local weatherman once at a gas station. :dizzy:

Bagzz
05-13-2004, 01:41 PM
WOW!!! that is terrible about your poor head pond guy wabby-------sometimes i just HATE the way life goes {or stops} It seems so depressing sometimes-------------------SUGAR--you must forgive my inability to focus---I am sure now that you mention it that i knew you were doing Pilates---I am stunned----now with your recommendation I will give it a try=====I forget the girl's name,but i was going to buy the Winsor Series----we shall see---------------------- my dd's tape is not winsor==anyway-----hopefully i will get to it TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-----are you going to western north america sugar??????????????????????/

Bagzz
05-13-2004, 01:45 PM
something crazy just happened------------my next door neighbour {a nice,tubby guy} who is kind of shy -----brought home his WIFE---{ he married her TWO years ago in the Philipines}She has a little girl with her {cute,looks about six}------------I just met them------he met his wife on the internet----------------!!!???!!!------the poor woman will freeze !!!--the usual temperature in her town is about 35 celcius------here ,right now it's about 10 degrees {about fifty farenheit}----------so 35 must be about a hundred degrees,right?????---------------HOW BIZARRE THIS MUST BE FOR ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE SUCH A THING!!!!!

Cowpernia
05-13-2004, 01:49 PM
in an earlier life I was involved with this man.hat guy (http://www.lostweekend.ws/pages/BingNathan.htm)

Cowpernia
05-13-2004, 01:51 PM
she wont' freeze. she'll become an Eskimo.

Bagzz
05-13-2004, 01:53 PM
i just checked---It's 84 degrees in Manila,Philipines--------NOW!! is it the rainy season in Asia?? and will she be a great cook???? and gardener???anyone know her possible hobbies????

Bagzz
05-13-2004, 01:55 PM
HATMAN LOOKS MORE LIKE WABBY'S TYPE :D :D :D :D

Cowpernia
05-13-2004, 02:00 PM
he used to have curls and be somewhat dishonest.

I have a friend with a Phillipine sis-in-law. My friend brings eggrolls to work. She's probably Catholic, training in some medical field and is very smart. Actually, I have a Phillipine friend here in town. I don't know any hobbies. Years ago one of her kids wouldn't eat onion. She cut them up reallllly small so he couldn't see them. Smart.

SugP
05-13-2004, 02:35 PM
Beware of dishonest curly-haired men. Is this one of the ones that got away, Peachy?

Well, OK, I don't LOVE any form of exercise, being a couch potato and all. But I can deal with Pilates in a loving way because it's short and sweet and I'm actually seeing some results without busting my gut or working up too much of a sweat. My thingie isn't Winsor either, Bagzie.

Yes, we are planning a trip to Van on July 8 (axe murderers take note) and will be there 5 1/2 weeks. Yay!!

Cowpernia
05-13-2004, 02:45 PM
He was one who done me wrong. Done me wrongest actually.

What's a van? A car? You're going to a car?

I have this vanilla flavored Lipton tea. It is SO YUMMY with milk and sugar.

Sugar, come to Florida. I saw the cutest kid since DS was little the other day. He's American but spent a month in Germany and came back speaking German. He was talking to his mom in both. Curls. Scrumptious little legs. Sooo cute. Like you.

Lohani
05-13-2004, 02:46 PM
I had a one night stand with John Travolta when he was in Philadelphia for a film in the 80's.

Cowpernia
05-13-2004, 02:48 PM
YOU MADE ME SPIT OUT MY YUMMMY TEA.

How was John?

Bagzz
05-13-2004, 03:20 PM
you did up Tony Manero?????

Lohani
05-13-2004, 04:02 PM
No, actually he was Jack in "Blow Up"

Cowpernia
05-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Blow up was a 60s film. Are you sure it was John Travolta? Not a look alike?

Bagzz
05-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Did You Really Do Him Up?????? After The Pizza Guy Affair,i Just Can't Trust You Anymore!!!!

Lohani
05-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Pizza guy? What Pizza Guy?

Lohani
05-13-2004, 09:37 PM
It may have been called Blow Out...who knows. I never actually saw the movie. He has a birth mark.

Lohani
05-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Hat man has a prominent nose and a weak chin. I think that is an indication of erectile disfunction.

Cowpernia
05-14-2004, 07:22 AM
I kind of remember pizza Guy. You used to make sure you were by the pool when he brought over the EBA. It was Kiwi who had the roofer though. It's hard to keep them all straight.

Lohani
05-14-2004, 08:10 AM
Well, you boring, know-it-all girls. At least I do my bit to make Thursday a little more interesting. It wasn't necessary to openly question my integrity. Now, Suzanne isn't going to want to be friends with me.

Cowpernia
05-14-2004, 09:24 AM
Suzanne may not but WE LOVE YOU ALL THE MORE. I especially like being called boring. Remember when John Travolta was involved with that much older woman who died? When was that?

Lohani
05-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Before me.

Wabby
05-14-2004, 02:59 PM
I'm trying to get over the fact that Bagzie thinks hat man is my type.

I can't remember the pizza guy. Just the septic man and the spinach pie accountant. That Lush leads such a wild life.

I'm bordering on depression here. The hat man comment may have sent me over the edge.

Lohani
05-14-2004, 04:05 PM
Wabby, it was only because of his rodeo duds that Bagzie said that.

You are right, I do live an interesting life.

Now I need a nap.

Bagzz
05-14-2004, 06:32 PM
wabby WABBY wabby!!!!--Lushie is TOTALLY on beam----------------that is EXACTLY why I set you up with Hat Man-------------He rides the Rodeo!!! {and just to bug Peachers of course----} I BEG YOUR FORGIVENESS !!!!--- and thanks Lush for understanding!!{and you call me BORING!!!!} why i think i stirred it up real good!!! :D :D :D

Bagzz
05-14-2004, 06:33 PM
i will go have margies now to settle my stomach.----come on wabby ,have one too,and forget about our little tiff!!!

Kiwonk
05-15-2004, 12:06 AM
It was Blow Out, not Blow Up. And I did not do the roofer. Wasn't that a song by Blue Oyster Cult? "Don't Do the Roofer"

I saw Gregg Allmann eating in a Japanese restaurant in Charlotte. I have Robert Reed's autograph (Brady Bunch). My old bf knows Elvis Costello, Linda Thompson, Jennifer Connolly, all of the Bangles and Susie Cowsill. He's going to be a celebrity in his own right soon when his book is published.

But I think Peaches still wins. Gene Kelly beats anyone living.

Hat man's not too bad...in an entrenched country western way. Of course he done you wrong -- that's one of the songs.

We had dinner with a bunch of people, one of whom just turned 100 years old last month! He was very cool. Pretty hard of hearing, but a real sport. He had 2 martinis, a bowl of steamed clams and some chicken fingers.

My ankles are swollen. I bought a Pilates book, but it seemed to want me to have a lot of equipment and I have never done anything from it.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
05-15-2004, 12:08 AM
Most disturbing quote of the day:

"A skinned Furby sat on the edge of a table in Mr. DiBenedetto's work space."

Bagzz
05-15-2004, 10:12 AM
who is mr debennititosotititoo??? is he in the toymaker in pinocheeoooeoennoeoo?

Kiwonk
05-15-2004, 03:25 PM
Oddly enough, he was a toymaker at one time, I think, but now he works for Adidas making a bionic shoe. Maybe they'll come up with one that sticks its tongue out if someone steps on your toe :lol3:

But I think you're thinking of Geppetto.... :nose:

I have a :headache: due to excessive socializing last evening. The restaurant we always go to (believe me, there aren't all that many choices here in Podunk) has closed 2/3 of their dining space to renovate and it was soooo crowded. We had to squeeze 11 or 12 people into about enough space for 8. Very claustrophobic.

Fortunately DH is outside working on his boat, so I don't have to feel guilty about laying around in my pjs. Tomorrow DD is auditioning for a job at a nice restaurant down by the river (click here) (http://www.neoc.com/riverdrivers.asp) (we rarely go there, too $$). If she gets it, I guess she'll be playing guitar and singing for her supper this summer. Freaks me out not a little to think of her either actually getting this job or being turned down. Don't want my baby to get rejected. Not sure I want my baby to be all grown up and working either! Oh well, maybe I should grow up and get over it, eh? :lol:

Kiwi

Lohani
05-15-2004, 07:17 PM
I saw Olivia Newton John at the Ritz in NYC in 1982...she was really old looking. I shook Engelbert Humperkink's hand when my cousin was his opening act. He had a concave chest.

Kiwi, I suggest a hair of the dog that bit you.

Where is everyone else. I'm running through the house and killing time on the internet. DD sang last night..it was wonderful. She is so Irish looking, but sings like a black girl in the 1940's.

OK, back to work. bye

Bagzz
05-15-2004, 07:30 PM
WOW!!!! kiwiette sings,lohani-girl sings the Bagzz-twins sing-----------CAN WE MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF THESE GIRLS AS A GROUP?????? "DAUGHTERS OF COWS"---?????

Kiwonk
05-16-2004, 02:52 AM
Yes, absolutely, they should definitely form a group. I think they should call themselves the Cybertwins.

My mother went out with Boss Hogg from that show I never watched. Before he was an actor. And Peter Gallagher was in my class in college. Now he's cute. He was cute then, too.

I want to hear Lushette.

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-16-2004, 08:06 AM
Okay--------ted Neeley Gave Me And My Girls Hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!! He Was Jesus In The The "superstar" Movie And He Was In The Travelling Show When It Came To Town Sometime Last Century.

Cowpernia
05-16-2004, 09:27 AM
I once lived in the same apartment complex as that guy who played the sidekick in Bonnie and Clyde. He was in some horror movies too but I avoid those.

Kiwonk
05-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Isn't it amazing that we've lived through 2 centuries. Or does it only feel that way?

I'm in my pjs again. Drinking coffee. Tomorrow I'm going to have go back on Flylady. Is she sort of the Betty Ford Clinic of dirt?

I saw some guy on the bus in NYC when we were there, who was definitely famous, but I can't figure out who it is. DH thought so too. We're thinking he must be a writer or something. Stay tuned.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
05-16-2004, 12:57 PM
There was Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway. Did they have a sidekick?

SugP
05-16-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm in my pjs again. Drinking coffee. Tomorrow I'm going to have go back on Flylady. Is she sort of the Betty Ford Clinic of dirt?

LOL!! the Betty Ford Clinic of dirt it is! I'm going to join you there, Kiwi! The house is total tip and I can't seem to get it together.

The name dropping continues: One of my dad's old cars was used in the highly acclaimed but barely-watched 2000 CBS made-for-TV-movie "The Linda McCartney Story". The guy who played Paul (the cutest) drove it. AND if you look closely at the back fence in "Another Stakeout" starring Richard Dreyfuss and Rosie (not the cutest) O'Donnell you'll see that it belongs to my parents. Or once belonged, since they've moved twice since then. What all this has to do with me I'll never know. I don't know anyone famous. I once saw Prince Philip in a hotel lobby, though. He looked old.

So I exercise 5 (count 'em!) times this week and what happens? I GAIN weight. :mad: Don't tell me it's muscle. I have no muscle. I'm depressed.

Bagzz
05-16-2004, 02:28 PM
i am depressed as well---i think i need some drugs but i hate drugs-----who can give us advice on depression----------how could i have forgotten my most famous of celebrities-------when Princess Diana visited our province,she shook hands with the crowd and MY had was one of the anonymous hands she chose to shake---i got really great pictures of her up close too-----if i had a good scanner i would copy them------but she died and that does my depression no good---------how do i know if i am depressed enough to get help?

SugP
05-16-2004, 04:41 PM
I loved Princess Diana. Cried for a week when she passed away, poor thing. :(

I think it's hard to know when you're at the point of needing drugs, Bagzie. We can all just be depressed together.

Kiwonk
05-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Wow, cars and fences that are famous! That's exciting!

when Princess Diana visited our province,she shook hands with the crowd and MY had was one of the anonymous hands she chose to shake
You need to rephrase that: "I shook hands with Princess Diana when she came to visit us" There, don't you feel a little better already? :dizzy:

Seriously, I think if you have been feeling depressed most of the time for quite a while, you should think about seeing either a Dr. or a counsellor, depending on whether you want drugs or talk. Personally I would avoid a psychiatrist, but that's just me--bad experience -- your results may vary. Certainly they are the ones who are supposed to know best how to help you. There is also the St. John's Wort route, which is pretty harmless and helpful as well. Wouldn't hurt to discuss that with someone medical beforehand either, although if you get a response like "are you insane, that's an herb?", you might want to get a second opinion...

Can you tell I don't deal well with the medical profession? A psychiatrist would love dissecting that, seeing's how my father was a doctor...

I am killing time while DD gets ready for her audition. We are leaving in about 10 minutes. I don't want to be there I wouldn't miss it for the world Why am I going I hope they hire her I hope they don't :yikes:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
05-16-2004, 08:26 PM
Bagzie, sweeeetie, I think we're all depressed. I know I am. I thought it was just my life. Maybe it's just life period.

Kiwi, did you snap a picture of the famous guy? It might be somebody I want a picture of.

Sugar, settle down. It IS muscle. This always happens. You've been exercising those abs and they firm right up.

Rasputina is on tour and is coming near MEEEEE.

I once saw Morris the Cat, the real one. He was sitting on a velvet cushion in a department store. We weren't allowed to touch him but he was very handsome.

SugP
05-17-2004, 02:10 AM
:smug: :smug: THANKS! :smug: :smug:

Now I just need to work on getting to bed earlier. Yaaaaaaaaaawn! What is it about staying up late that's so appealing?

Wabby
05-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Bagzie, since you're feeling down I'm going to forgive you for the hat man comment. Does that make you feel any better?? My words of wisdom re: depression - get thee to a Doctor and ask for good drugs!!! I've taken anti depressants a time or two and they do help you get out of the depression rut. Sometimes that's all it will take, and once you get back on track you can be weaned back off them. It wouldn't hurt to try. The only drawback is that it does kill the ... ahem... how shall I put it.... the s*x drive. Sorry Lush, tried to be as delicate as possible. :o

Bagzz
05-17-2004, 03:26 PM
dear darling cows!!! thank you for your input regarding my "depression" ---the hour long walk in the nature park yesterday did make a difference----hubby and ds went with me---very peaceful and beautiful island that overlooks the Atlantic-----went on another walk today along the harbour front {they have a new "Passage" that takes you down along the port}ANYway,I have decided to treat my problem with mega-walking----lots of it-----i read that excercise is as effective as drugs AND i have always been a nervous pill taker----never even been on " the pill"---just makes me nervous!!!!SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO------ i will let you know whether excercising is better than drugs---------and it feels different to walk for this reason than just to 'get in shape'----weird.---------------THANKS FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS WABBY-------------- I ENJOYED THAT!!!!!--------------- :p :p

Kiwonk
05-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Kiwi, did you snap a picture of the famous guy? It might be somebody I want a picture of.
No, afraid not. We were on a bus, I wouldn't want to start anything...

I'm very jealous that Rasputina is coming to your area. Are you getting tickets? DD will faint from envy.

I have to take the links out of my signature. :( Now, no one will ever buy my half.com books. I guess I could resurrect our old web page out of the cobwebs and put those kind of links there.

i will let you know whether excercising is better than drugs---------and it feels different to walk for this reason than just to 'get in shape'----
Okay, I want details here. Because walking for exercise is so boring (especially by yourself, and as we all know I have no real-life friends) -- how is walking to improve your mood better? Please describe.

I hate making phone calls. Would one of you make all my phone calls for me? I will, um, do stuff for you.

I got a CD of photos from the folks that went to NYC with us. One adorable one of their dog, and a whole bunch of our trip. Apparently while I was busy doing other things, DH went to visit the big bronze bull outside the Stock Exchange and had very immature pics taken of himself with it. ahem. :lol:

Ta. Have to go make all those :censored: phone calls I've been putting off.

Kiwi

Bagzz
05-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Walking Away the Blues
Walking and other exercise leads to the release of the body's natural happy drugs - endorphins. Walkers who walk at a higher heart rate will notice this effect more than those who walk at a slower heart rate pace. But even at a slower pace, most people notice an improvement in mood.

Many physicians recommend adding regular walking and exercise as a natural treatment to relieve a bout of depression. The cause of depression is related to brain chemistry. By getting your brain to release more of the happy chemicals - the endorphins - you achieve naturally what many prescription drugs and herbs try to do artificially. welllllllllllllllll kiwi----i guess since i actually FEEL better mentally after the walk,and i am focusing on the "reward" of feeling better {not forcing myself to do the walk out of guilt} it just doesn't seem as boring . It feels like medicine that works and other than that,i guess i just can't explain it!! maybe if you get depressed,it works better!!

Cowpernia
05-17-2004, 10:49 PM
Kiww, why do you have to take the links out?

Bagzie, i've been walking in the mornings at work. I find that:
1. I get bored with the same streets and have to change. This can makeme walk further which is good.
2. The fastest I go, the funner. It gets bouncy and less like carrying a telephone booth (torso).

Tickets are $6 Kiww. Of course, we'll have to get a motel room. It's not exactly in Dogpatch.

Kiwonk
05-17-2004, 11:09 PM
Well, I'll have to try thinking of it that way -- instead of a notch on my exercise belt -- a way to feel better mentally, because fer sure I can use some of that often enough.

Today I managed to drag my carcass over to the phone and make some of the dreaded phone calls. I just hate calling people I don't know, or people who I have to make a complaint to or something like that. You could say I have a Phone Hang-up. :lol3:

Anyway, today I managed to make a dr. appt. for DD, get another music student to switch lessons with her next week, and work out the conflict between her dance and her music recitals. Plus I got tickets for the dance recital (not on the phone). Anyone want to go? I have 2 extra.

Kiwi

SugP
05-18-2004, 04:28 PM
This :headache: :headache: :headache: is how I've felt since 10 a.m. this morning. I hate migraines. I just read in a magazine that you can sometimes nip them in the bud by drinking two giant glasses of water. Wish I'd read that BEFORE I got the headache.

Kiwi, I share your phone phobia. You should try making phone calls in a foreign language some time. Double the fun!! Cute photo of you and Frankenstein. :D

Kiwonk
05-18-2004, 04:44 PM
There is a new notice at the top of each forum asking members to remove the links in their sigs because of too much spamming going on. I'm not sure I understand the connection (doesn't spam come to you?), but it's no big deal.

However I'm still selling stuff at half.com and here is my seller page. (http://shops.half.com/elbowlake) :s:

I've done pretty much nothing all day again. I think I'm in a rut.

Hey Sug, sorry to hear about the :headache:. I wonder if water is all I need to drown mine--sounds too easy, doesn't it?

Kiwi

Wabby
05-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I have an urgent request from all you cows. My friend's granddaughter is one of the cutest baby finalists on our local tv show. Puh-leaze go to the www.katu.com website and scroll down to AM Northwest. Click on it, and then vote on the cutest baby. Of course you will all realize that Chloe is the cutest baby of them all so I won't need to tell you who to vote for......

Cowpernia
05-18-2004, 09:03 PM
Done! They're all cute but I can take a hint.

Bagzz
05-18-2004, 10:32 PM
naomi was cute too,but i voted for Chloe!!! kiwi-=---go for a walk and you will get out of your rut { cross my fingers}---------------------love the pic of you guys in front of the Lady of the Island---------------!!!!! i am sending you all an email!!!!

Kiwonk
05-18-2004, 11:11 PM
They are all adorable, but obviously Chloe is the clear winner -- what a doll!

SugP
05-19-2004, 04:48 AM
How sweet! Got my vote in just in time. Hope she wins.

I found the info on water and headaches again. It says at the first sign of a headache you need to drink 3 12-ounce (lord have mercy!) glasses of water. Some (but not all) people have found that their symptoms then either lessen or go away completely within 5 to 10 minutes. Interesting. Some doctor at the Headache Clinic at the London Health Sciences Centre in Ontario found this out and we all know how smart those Canadians are. I know I always feel better when I drink two big glasses of water first thing in the morning but sometimes I forget because I'm a dingbat. :dizzy:

Weight gain continues. This BETTER be muscle because I swear I'm not eating more than usual.

Must go to library and teach my mother tongue to other people's kids. Talk about a headache. Don't children know how to behave these days?

Lohani
05-19-2004, 12:50 PM
Sugar, you are such an international babe! You don't teach those funny Canadian pronouncations, do you?
I'm moving to greener pastures...11 pages is too much for me.

Kiwonk
05-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I agree. Let's move