Support Groups - Stay at home moms #153

View Full Version : Stay at home moms #153

need2losemore
04-19-2004, 07:44 PM
Welcome to a thread devoted to those who have the ultimate job of taking care of their family. Here you will find wonderful women raising a family and trying to find time to take care of themselves and their weight too. So if you are a SAHM jump right in and say hello and to all you who have been here before I look forward to a new day with you!

MichelleRae
04-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Good evening ladies :) I hope tonight finds everyone well and on track!! http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/truefrienda1.gif

Well today I did good, I made some homemade chicked soup with out the noodles and it was pretty good only 3 carbs per cup. Dinner I'm going to make tacos on the low carb tortillas sounds good to me about now :)

Jessi - My little one hates playing by herself too, but she loves when sissy shows any attention to her, which today was a lot, she was asking me to hold the baby and everything!! She is gonna be such a great big sister!!http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/joychildrena1.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/momunderstanda1.gif

Well I better go start dinner before hubby goes crazy I swear sometimes he eats cuz he's bored but I'm trying to break him of that habit lol. I also gotta go finish my laundry http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/mcdkao127.gif

Talk to you all later!!

Chubba
04-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Good evening ladies!

Just popped on quick to post my WI... I lost another 2 lbs! :cb: :cp: :dancer: :encore:
I'm so excited! TOM finally came back to finish what was started on Saturday night :D Dh had a vasectomy in December, but you know....nothing's 100% and the way the boys were acting yesterday...I was starting to get a little worried! Another baby is not what I need! :lol:

Hi to all...I don't really have the engery to post alot this evening. Weather wasn't all that great today...got cooler as the day progressed and stayed pretty windy but we did go for a 1/2 hour walk this afternoon.

Going to update my signature! TTYL. Have a great night all.

watkinsguru
04-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Well girls, the thread has been sort of slow today. Sounds like most of you did good. :)

Geri, way to go. That is great. :D

Michelle, sounds like the day was good to you. :)

I did so so. I made brownies because my dinner was alittle on the really healthy side, lots of veggies. I thought I'd make up with brownies for my family of course. I only had one or one and a half. That's what probably pushed me alittle over. :(
I walked almost 30 minutes today. :) I feel like I'm starting to slip alittle so I need y'all to work some of your majic. First of all, pray for me and second of all tell me all those things to make things seem better. :^: :^:
Well, I had a good start to the day, but after dh got home I started to get in a bad mood. I don't nag or argue very much and he does, so I keep my mouth shut and dwell on things. Not that that is the best answer but it saves face. I don't like to argue so I don't usually, but when I went for my walk instead of feeling refreshed, I began to get madder and madder. :mad:
I'm just ready to go to bed and start again tomorrow. As I walked I prayed and I prayed earnestly. The people driving down the road probably thought I was bonkers talking to myself and all. :lol:
Well girls, I hope everyone else had a great day and has a great night. I'll check in in the morning.
Good Night.
TTYL

mompen
04-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Just wanted to say CONGRATS CONGRATS GERI!!!!!!!!!

I WAS OFF PLAN TODAY AND YESTERDAY BUT I THINK YOU JUST GAVE ME MY WILLPOWER BACK!

YOU ARE AWESOME!
WILL POST TOMORROW!!!!

Chubba
04-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Crystal...can't help you...I don't keep my mouth shut :)...hope things get better!! I'll come kick your butt if you need me to! (Kicking is good exercise)

Thanks Penny! Come on girl...get with me!! I can come kick your butt too! It could be a kick butt tour!!!

Oh I gotta go to bed I'm getting nutty!!

Bye.

spryng
04-20-2004, 12:53 AM
Good evening all!
Sorry I was MIA once again. Dh is still home. Tanner has been running a fever for the past 3 days off and on and this morning it really got high so he stayed to help me take him to the doctor and all that. Turns out he is just teething, his two top teeth are about to bust through and he's having a rough time with it. So that was good to know. I was worried he had another ear infection but he didn't. But anyway, it was nice of DH to stay another day :) But he'll definitely be gone in the morning and things will be normal.
Geri CONGRATS on the 2# loss!!!!!! You are doing fantastic!!! And you were in quite a butt kicking mood tonight, lol. Pent up energy? lol.
Crystal, everyone slips once in a while and that is ok. Dieting isn't short term it's suppose to be a lifestyle change and that includes eating wrong sometimes so just dust yourself off and keep moving forward. Don't let one day of bad eating turn into 2, then 5, then weeks. It happens so easily. We are here for you! I hope you got some rest tonight. If you can't talk your feelings out with your dh maybe you can keep a journal to release them in. My Dh and I went through a very hard time in our marriage almost 2 years ago, I mean to the point I thought it was over, but as we began working things out I started a journal and boy did it help. Because I am like you, I let things stay inside, bottled up and when they finally release it's very bad. So by writing down my feelings and such I could release some frustration in a constructive way. Maybe it could help you too.
Michelle, your soup sounded good! Hope you got your laundry done.
Is anyone still doing flylady? This weeks zone is the master bedroom and boy is mine a wreck. It's the only room in the house I seldom clean so it looks the worse. The rest of my house has never looked better. I have stuck with my morning and bedtime routines and it's paying off. DH had lots of nice things to say about the house this weekend! But I'm ready to tackle my bedroom. 15 min a day right? I can do it! lol.
Well, guess I'll get off here and get in bed. Was american idol a re-run tonight? I missed it. Ok, TTYL!

watkinsguru
04-20-2004, 08:39 AM
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Well good morning ladies. I slept so so last night. Most of you seemed to have a good day last night. :)

Michelle, where are you getting all those cute little thingys? :chin:

Geri, thanks for the little push. I think I do feel refreshed today. :bubbles:

Spryng, thank you so much for your words on both of my issues. Let's see, you've gotten me already keeping a journal of what I eat, flylady is leading me to keep a journal for my routines so I might as well add another one to that. I've never been a big journal keeper, although I've always wanted to, I just don't seem to get into the routine to do that. I've done good on my eating one though. Since you were MIA, I wanted to remind you to go visit meals.com. You may know about it, but there you can pick through recipes, place in a menu and even add those items to a grocery list and print it all out. It is amazing. Try it out and let me know what you think. :thanks:

Well, I'm slowly getting the hang of flylady, she has certainly had an impact on my laundry, I do about 2 loads a day and it stays washed, dried, folded and put away. The bathroom has begun to keep a clean and tidy look on it. I actually spend about 30 minutes in my zone yesterday, I spend 15 minutes blessing it by dusting, vaccuming and cleaning out the air filter in the a/c unit. Another 15 minutes decluttering under the bed. I am going to tackle my closet today. I'm using this to get ready to have a garage sale in a few weeks. Today will be the closet and tomorrow I think I'll even clean the baseboards and panels in the doors. You've got to know flylady really has me moving. I'm not wearing the shoes. I thought as long as I'm moving and doing what I'm suppose to be I won't wear the shoes but if I sit down too much I'll put them on.

Well I guess that's it for now. I'll finish my coffee and then start my day. Hope the day finds all of you well.

TTYL

BIGtimeLOSER
04-20-2004, 11:04 AM
Baby is still sick, I am wondering how long a virus can last? I took milk out of his diet and gave him some soy milk and he lost it too, but does okay with most other things. So I don't know if it's viral or allergy related.

I have been eating well and drinking well, yesterday I even got in some walking between sickness. So I am proud, something like this would normally give reason to give up.

Crystal, you are making such progress, don't stop now. YOU CAN DO THIS! If I can, anyone can. Just start fresh and quit worrying about the mess ups. What's done is done and that's that! If I were that close to 199, nothing would stop me from getting there.

Hope the rest of you have a great day! I gotta go, sick baby again!

spryng
04-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Good morning all!!!!
Well DH has finally left so now it's just me and my routines again. Feels nice. I sure miss and love that guy to death but I look forward to having the weeks to myself. He won't be back in until may 7th.
Crystal, sounds like you are feeling better today. I know one more journal may be overwhelming for you but it's important. You can't be a good wife and mother if you don't take care of yourself first. :) And I will go check out that meals.com today. Sounds interesting. But it will be later after I get my morning routine done and 15 min in my zone. Today I'm just picking up the floor in my room, it will probably take more than 15 min but I'll pace myself. And I am like you, I don't wear my shoes inside. My feet will hate me if I did. I grew up a country girl and only wore shoes to school... well once I was older and we moved in town I still did everything I could get away with bare foot. And then when I was 18 I moved in with my best friend and her family and they had a no shoe rule in thier house because it saved the carpet from wear and tear so that got me in the habit of taking off my shoes before entering a house. So that is what I do too. It's habit. But it doesn't keep me from cleaning. I have been so inspired by flylady to get my house in order. I know too she says to clean and give things away but I too am getting things together for a yard sale. The only thing I am lacking on is my laundry. When do you get yours done Crystal? Mine is piling up again ( they are clean though)I just can't seem to fit that into any of my routines yet. Maybe I should fold a load at night with my bedtime routine and then put it away with my morning routine. What do you think??? And when do you all mop? I need to do it at least once a week but haven't fit it in yet either.
Ok, I need to get off here, wash my face and then make my bed. So I will catch you all later!!!!!
TTYL!

Chubba
04-20-2004, 11:18 AM
Good morning ladies :coffee:

TOM's really got his clutches on me today :mad: :bomb: :tape: I am one bit :censored: hy mama this morning! I am not in the mood for these kiddies this morning. What's a woman to do? Thank goodness my Mom and I are taking them to the mall so at least there will be another adult and I'll be out of the house. Spryng...that's why I was ready to kick butt last night :lol:

I feel better already!! Thanks chickies.

Spryng, glad Tanner's just teething! It was very good of Dh to stay home another day because I can just imagine trying to drag all the kids to the Dr at the same time by yourself! Yesterday was Monday so Idol's not on til tonight!

Crystal...you sound like you've got yourself back on track :D Your house sounds nice and clean too...Spryng, you too. Either one of you want to come do mine?? Actually I did a lot of cleaning yesterday since it was cool outside. I got the kitchen and bathroom cleaned and vac'd the whole house. I looked at flylady but haven't really gotten into it yet. Maybe later.

Had to turn the heat back on as it was only 40 this morning. :( Back to normal! It is supposed to get to 60 tomorrow though.

Well, not much new since last night! Take care everyone and I'll TTYL.

Chubba
04-20-2004, 11:19 AM
Cindi , I think viruses can go a week or two. You could call a nurse...they'd know for sure! Hope baby get's better soon!

spryng
04-20-2004, 12:11 PM
Hello again!
Taking my break now. I'm just about done for the morning. Did 15 min in my room and it took all 15 m in just to pick up the floor. So tomorrow I'll start on dresser tops and end tables. That may take a couple days, lol.
Geri, Sorry TOM is hitting you so hard. Hope it leaves you fast! Have fun at the mall!!
Cindi, hope you baby gets to feeling better soon. Have you tried pedialite?
Ginny?? Where are you? I don't think I've seen a post from you in a while. I'm sure you are busy.
OK, guess I'll go find something else to do for now. I have an appointment at 1:30 to pick up WIC for Tanner so I'll be gone a couple of hours at least. But then I am homebound for the next couple of days, lol. After a full weekend I am tired of running!
TTYL!

RosieKate
04-20-2004, 12:24 PM
Chubba - Sorry about TOM, hang in there - drink lots of water! I'm getting close and feeling very bloated - could be why the pizza was calling me this weekend. I crave lots of salty fat things when I'm ovulating. I'm going to do a better job of handling them. As I told DH yesterday, "I'm tired of gaining and losing the same three pounds". I liked organizedhome.com - so if flylady isn't grabbing you.... I liked flylady's approach but kind of already have a good groove going on my chores. My key thing is to make sure that before I go to bed - dishes done, laundry's put away, quick pickup around the house. It does wonders for my state of mind in the morning. I like flylady's "shine your sink"
Congrats on your loss

Spryng - Does DH travel for work? Or is this a one time trip? I know what you mean by enjoying your days. I love it when my family is all around me, but I also look forward to having my daytime for DD and I to have to ourselves. DH is teacher, so he and James to off to the bus stop @ 7:30 every morning ( then he goes on to his job). Then its coffee, breakfast, make beds, then off to the computer to track/plan my food for the day- and post here!

Big timeLoser - hang in there - you are doing a good job staying on track while your baby's sick. Those are always tough times for me, 'cause I eat when I'm stressed.
I didn't sleep so well last night as the kids were up for various reasons and I couldn't go back to sleep. I'm going to to try to get a little rest today when DD takes a nap so I don't get strung out and eat out of stress. She and I are going for a walk this morning probably 45-60 minutes, so that's 2x so far this week. Actually 3 ,but yesterday's walk was only 20 min, so let's say 2.5. My goal is 5x this week.

Have a great day everyone

need2losemore
04-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Hello,
lets see, I did jogging yesterday for 30 minutes, and then pilates today. I still have my sunburn, and I can't wear a bra because the straps dig in where I got burnt. Oldest ds is suffering from allerigies REALLY bad, and youngest ds has a cold. Just found out I am out of cold and allergy medicine, and kleenex, so its off to wal mart sometime soon. I don't know if I will stay with flylady. I may take a few ideas from there and work with those. Its just to regimented for me and my little apartment.
Ok. Geri, sorry TOM has you in its grasp. Just drink LOTS of water and keep getting in your workouts. Spryng, glad you had a good weekend with dh, hope Tanner feels better soon.Penny, Andrea,Kate,Leigh,Ginny, and everyone else, hope you have a great op day.

meltin
04-20-2004, 02:10 PM
Dh birthdays was fun, but the last two days of eating has been awful. :( Today I am back on plan. Got to aerboics this morning and had my usual salad for lunch. We are having Shake n Bake pork chops ( not so bad on the carbs), salad, and a veggie for dinner. Any low carb veggie ideas. I love the mashed calif, but dh will not eat it. This is my week of meetings. Circle tonight, Clemson women tomorrow, and Moms Night Out Thursday. I wish they were in different weeks. Seems like I never have anything going on the other weeks.

Sorry ladies can't get into the flylady. The first day of e-mails were so overwhelming I thought the 20 min it took to read I could have been cleaning. LOL. I tackled three closets full of clothes today. It felt good. I did not get rid of my nice ones because I WILL GET BACK INTO THEM!

Geri - Way to go on the weight loss! :cp: You win for the most losses. I hope last week can be the start of a downward slope for me. Have fun at the mall. I love the new Spring colors. I bought a lime green sweater with blue palm tree pants. Sound ugly but it I love it. Never thought I would wear lime green. I did get rid of some of my pre-baby clothes. Know that I am a mom there are some things that I just should not wear.

Spryng - Sorry to hear Tanner is having such a hard time with the teeth. JW top two are coming, but he has not been fussy yet. Glad things are back in order at home.

Crystal - I will have to check out meals.com We go to the grocery store 3-4 times a week. We need to make one trip. How do you have the time to find all of these cool sites. Oh I forgot you are up at 530. Good for you.

Andrea - So glad to hear from you. That will be good that dh will have more time at home. You will have to post the painted rooms.

Rosie Kate - will have to check out organizedhome.com I am pretty good at house cleaning, but our study is a mess. I have bought all kinds of organizers and it is still not clean. I think the 20 min workout counts, sometimes that is all we can get in. I give you 3 for the week. I am going to try to do at least 20 on the days I go into the office.

Happy Tuesday and On Plan Day! Not sure when I will be back with work and the meetings.

Melinda

meltin
04-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Any way to spell and grammar check, I reread my post and I don't know how anyone could understand it. :comp:

spryng
04-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Good afternoon all!
Well I did end up folding and putting away two huge baskets of clothes. I feel better now. I have many more to go though, but a little a time is all I can do or I'll get burnt out. I'm definitely adding a load of laundry to my bedtime routine now. But in the meantime I'll try to catch up on all of it this week.
Melinda, I love shake n bake anything. Enjoy! And that is ok about flylady. She said that people either love the emails or hate them. I like them ok. I delete alot of the testimonials because I don't have time to read them, but I like the reminders and extra projects they send out. It's working out for me so far but I'll check out that other site today too. Have a great day!
Ricci, hope you sunburn fades quickly. Do you peel? I find that if I drown my skin in lotion I will not peel at all. And congrats on the exercise!!
Rosie, my DH is an over the road truck driver. So he is out for 2 weeks at a time, except for months that have 5 weeks then he is out for 3 weeks that month. LIke this time around.
Well, I guess I need to get the kids dressed and out the door. Be back later!!

watkinsguru
04-20-2004, 04:16 PM
This is just gonna be a quick post.
Melinda, don't worry about the past two days, I didn't have a great weekend with eating but these girls have put me in my place and I'm back on track. I do get up about 530 and LOVE it. I would get up earlier if I could go to bed earlier. But about 5 to 6 hours of sleep is enough for me.
Spryng, good for you going through that laundry. I think that's where a huge downfall for me was. Flylady has definitely put me in my place where that's concerned. In fact, I might have about 1 load to do but I'm not sure it's even enough to make a full load. I also wanted to tell you something I started doing yesturday; I do two 5 minute room rescues a day, with a timer and everything. I almost always tackle the livingroom both times. So I included my daughters, mostly the oldest into doing it too. She does the room rescue in her room while I do mine. She sees it as a game, do it as fast as you can before the timer goes off. And if the timer goes off she can stop wherever she is. This I hope will help keep my kids room up to par. You had asked the other day about this, I thought this might help you. Make it fun. Let me know what you think.

Yesterday I cleaned out from under my bed in the zone, dusted and vacuumed, changed the sheets on the bed. Today I cleaned out the closet, that took the place of 15 minutes cleaning and 15 minutes decluttering. Of course I made my bed, that didn't count as the 15 minutes of anything. I just got finished printing myself a journal. I took a binder and used 3 dividers. I took some free clip art and went crazy on Wordperfect making me some journal pages. I've got one for my eating, vitamins, exercise and water intake per day. The next one is my personal diary to talk about feelings and discuss my moods. There's even a spot to discuss my morning mood and my afternoon/evening mood. It seems to change quickly sometimes. The last jounal page is my daily routing. I broke it up into 4 segments. 1st is AM routine up until lunch. Next is afternoon routine up until dinner is served. That's when the evening routine starts. The 4th is for extras that I've done, ran errands, paid bills, made phone calls, etc. The daily one is mostly just to check off so it cuts out most of the writing which is good for me and that's where I usually start to slack. I took most of what I've learned at flylady and turned it into my routine. I'm still gonna get the reminders from flylady at least for a while until these routines really sink in as habits.
Not that any of you really cared for so much of my info but this has put me on a track to home organization, I hope.

Hope you are all doing okay.

Check back later, tata!!!

MichelleRae
04-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Ahhhhh!!!! Too many posts and I can't keep up lol. So I'll just say a big hello to everyone! Well today I got up and started my flylady stuff, since our master bedroom is on the small side it is easy to do, and I generally keep it pretty clean anyway so I just straightened the closets and dusted and vaccuumed and its good to go. I did the rest of the house and finished laundry so I'm sitting pretty for the time being. For breakfast I had eggs and bacon and some ice tea and dinner is gonna be pork chops but i dont know how I'm going to cook them yet, any suggestions.

Crystal - I get the blinkies and dolls and Kao-anis off of peoples websites who make them (did that make sense?) I save them to my computer and upload them to my image manager www.myimgs.com and then I put them in my Emotipad www.emotipad.com I pay 3.50 a month for myimgs which allows me to store my images on their servers and emotipad I think I paid 10 dollars for (flat fee) and they allow you to put dolls, banners, kao-anis, and blinkies in any post on any forum, and by having myimgs you aren't hotlinking from the doll/blinkie makers website using up their bandwidth :) It's not worth it to some people but I really enjoy it because I like to add cute things to my posts and emails :) If you want to do it too just send me a PM and I'll give you a link to a website that has TONS of blinkies and doll stuff OR I can make you guys dolls if you like :) I like to make "family" dolls which would have members of your family in it I would add some more here but I'm not on the computer with my emotipad on it I'll add some later just to give you some examples.

Well take care guys I need to go calm a fussy baby.

MichelleRae
04-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Hi guys it's me againnnnn lol ok I'm gonna show you a few of the things I have in my emotipad, for those of you interested that is ;) you gotta give them a few seconds to load :) Oh and heres the link to where I got most of these :) http://mywebpage.netscape.com/antikao/pinkyblinkiesindex.html

Examples of Kao-Anis: http://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/kao/chika/chirol_oiwai.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/mcdkao003.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/mcdkao031.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/mcdkao128.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/mcdkao140.gifhttp://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/kao/otn/psoccer1.gif

Examples of Dolls:http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/blo1.gif http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/blo4.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/blt4.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/brt4.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/brt8.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/brun1.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/cf26.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/cf55.gifhttp://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/cf59.gif

Examples of Blinkies: http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/100angela.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/bigbutta1.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/curves.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/fatwhereitata1.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/mewantcookiea1.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/girliegirla1.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/faerieglittera.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/glitertinydanc.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/menproblema1.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/handlelifea1.gif
http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/bonprivatedance.gif

Loveliam
04-20-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm having a bad week. It's pre-TOM for me, so I know that's why, but it makes the diet thing very difficult! I was out of town overnight with DH - accompanied him on a business trip. So, last night we went to an excellent Sushi restaurant. This would have been okay because Sushi isn't that fattening, but I know I had way too many rolls and ate even after full. Also, the table ordered dessert, and I told myself to only have one bite, but I ended up having several bites. Now I'm worried that I won't have lost anything when it's time for my weigh in tomorrow. On top of that, because it's pre-TOm, I'm hungry all the time . . .

You all sound so productive with the Flylady thing. I think I may use her system as a guide, but modify it to fit me in a way that won't stress me out too much.

Michelle - what cute dolls! That cooking you mentioned sounds yummy! I'll be over soon LOL.

Geri - congrats on another 2lbs! Wow - you're really doing wonderfully - good for you.

Crystal - it looks like you've gotten wise advice from everyone. Be kind to yourself.

Penny - I'm glad you're back on track. I'll think of you when getting back on track this week.

Spryng - DS is teething too, so I know what you're going through. I also hate laundry, so that's something else we can bond over - LOL-

Cindi - sorry to hear about the baby, but glad you're managing to stay OP.

Rosie Kate - ohhhh, I eat, eat, eat (or, at least, want to) when I'm stressed out too. I totally understand that.

Melinda - that outfit sounds adorable! I love anything tropical and beach-like. Basically, I wish I could live in a swim cover-up and flip flops (can you tell I'm originally from Florida??)

Ricci - great exercise schedule! Hooray for you. Hope Ds's are back to normal soon.

Loveliam
04-20-2004, 07:28 PM
Hey! I must have hit the wrong reply button because somehow my new message got posted up a few rather than at the bottom . . . sorry!

Chubba
04-20-2004, 07:50 PM
Just so you all know that I too am human....thought it was a good idea to buy a dozen mini cookies from Mrs Field's today. Why? Ask TOM...the ******* (ooops..hope I didn't offend). I've eaten about half of them...I have to hide downstairs now for the rest of the night...I'll exercise even harder tomorrow. Arrrrgh. Oh well, it's over now. Thanks for listening. :)

Loveliam
04-20-2004, 08:02 PM
I was just storming around the house looking for something sweet and/or salty to eat. Luckily, I haven't been to the grocery store yet so there isn't too much damage I could do . . .
I feel your pain :devil: :mad:

MichelleRae
04-20-2004, 08:59 PM
I made miracle fluff its posted in the atkins section under low carb recipes and then under desserts OMG is it wonderful!!! I also made some chocolate mousse and it too is pretty darn good and all low carb!! Great for Atkins dieters!! Just thought I'd pass that along http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/ruinkai/rainfro.gifhttp://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/ups/unknown/sunshine.gifhttp://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Swing.gif

Geri - Pssstttttt http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/mewantcookiea1.gif

http://www.myimgs.com/data/michellerae/pmsactlikemena1.gif

Chubba
04-20-2004, 10:00 PM
Idol....Red's gotta go :)

mompen
04-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Geri Add Me To The Club!

Still Not On Plan And Depressed With Myself......

Will Post Tomorrow

Sry Not To Address Anyone But I Will In The Morning

watkinsguru
04-20-2004, 11:28 PM
:D
Good evening girls. I have had a really good day and felt great all day. I walked about 20 or 25 minutes, I stayed right at my calorie goal. My house is coming together. I tell you, it has just been good. :D

Penny, sorry you have been down in the dumps. :( You know it gets us all at times. Just stand up, dust yourself off and say tomorrow is a new day and what happened yesterday or the day before doesn't count. :jig:

Spryng, hope the day found you well. I know you were glad to get your routine going again. I know though, you probably don't like seeing your dh leave. :(

Michelle, sounds like you have had a good day. :)

Jessi, don't think I seen you around much today. Hope you had a great day. :)

Melinda, you know birthdays can be tough. :hb: Between my sister having almost 8 kids and my 3, let's see, we've got 3 birthdays in the month of June and one at the end of May. She's having this baby in October that will make 3 and we've got 4 in December on top of Thanksgiving and the other holidays. That's not all of them, that's just the one's pushed altogether. So I can understand how those times can put extra pressure on you. I know you can get right back on track. I had a bad weekend and Monday, today has been new and refreshed and I've actually had a great day today and feel great. You can do it, you can do it, you can do it. :grouphug: :goodvibes

Leigh, I know how those times can be too. It's harder for me when I haven't gone to the store. There's always something bad for me then, but after I go shopping there's so much good for me things that I can't fuss. Hope tomorrow is better to you.

Hi, Geri, Ginny, Katy, Ricci, Cindi, and anyone else I missed, sorry. :wave:

I have really taken a liking to this flylady. I am getting my house in order one room at a time. I am loving it. I made my own routine from her reminders and notes and such. I've sort of made me a checklist and am loving it. I'll tell you all I wanted was my dh's recognition. He ALWAYS criticizes my housework. He only notices the things I haven't done, like yesterday. I had cleaned the master bedroom, vacuumed, changed sheets, dusted the dresser and end tables, it looked nice. The bathroom has been staying in good shape since last week. Did he say anything, NO, he only commented on the fact that the livingroom ceiling fan was dusty. That's why I was so pissy yesterday. But today, he commented on the kitchen, it was mopped, commented on the bedroom and said he noticed things had been looking different. And that's all I wanted. In less than a week I accomplished what I set out to do with flylady. I feel like submitting my testimonial already but I do think I'll give it a month or two to notice a change in the entire house. I hope this flylady thing works out for most of you. I have learned SOOOOOO much.

Well, I'm gonna relax and watch some tv before my bath and bed. TTYL.

Loveliam
04-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Well, gals, it's my first weigh-in day . . . and the results????

1 lb loss; 172 lbs!!! :cool: :) :D

I think it would have been greater if I hadn't slipped up a bit, but a loss is a loss, right ladies??? :lol:

And, since I promised myself a little reward for every week there's a loss, this weeks reward is a scrapbooking idea book (I'm an avid scrapbooker, so a lot of my rewards will relate to that. Like Dr. Phil says, you have to "find what motivates you"! :D)

Geri - I'm glad you had such a great day. That's awesome!

I'll be back a bit later, I'm sure, to see how ya'll are doing.

watkinsguru
04-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Good morning girls.
No body has posted since my last post last night. So I don't guess I have anyone to address. My day has started good and hope yours does too. I'll check in later.
TTYL

Loveliam
04-21-2004, 09:30 AM
What am I doing wrong? Why do my new posts keep ending up as a "reply" to my earlier post??? That's weird. Do I just need to reply in the "quick reply" box?

Please don't miss my earlier post - it's my weigh-in results for my first week :) Want to remain accountable to ya'll :)

Loveliam
04-21-2004, 09:35 AM
I'll re-post it to make it easier for you - so you don't have to go back through everything:

Well, gals, it's my first weigh-in day . . . and the results????

1 lb loss; 172 lbs!!!

I think it would have been greater if I hadn't slipped up a bit, but a loss is a loss, right ladies???

And, since I promised myself a little reward for every week there's a loss, this weeks reward is a scrapbooking idea book (I'm an avid scrapbooker, so a lot of my rewards will relate to that. Like Dr. Phil says, you have to "find what motivates you"! )

Geri - I'm glad you had such a great day. That's awesome!

I'll be back a bit later, I'm sure, to see how ya'll are doing.

RosieKate
04-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Leigh - congrats on your loss! I'm battling pre-TOM cravings, too :(

Crystal - glad you day is off to a good start. Today I am going to check out meals.com per your suggestion. Glad flylady is helpful - sounds like DH could be more so. But it sounds like he is coming around

Spryng - know you must miss dh, but good for you to stay on your program and have such success and wrangle those kiddos to boot.

Penny - I'm having troubles staying OP also - we'll send OP vibes to each other today!. I'm battling munchies bad due to PMS. I'm going to try drinking more water and green tea today and see if that helps. Let's see, I got my walk in yesterday, ate about 500 too many calories - not good

I'm in "purge" mode 'round the house. Yesterday I went through the kids' clothes, and filled two big trash bags for Goodwill. Couldn't believe how much had accumulated - and how fast they are growing. Today is books and toys

So - today is another day. Hope everybody has a great day

spryng
04-21-2004, 10:46 AM
Good morning all!
Sorry I didn't get back on here last night. Between watching a movie, and american idol and then getting the kids in bed and then my bedtime routine and then a shower I was beat. So I just went to bed.
Rosie your purge mode sounds great! Keeps you busy and moving. I think all this extra cleaning we have been doing should count as exercise!
Leigh, congrats on the 1# gone!!!! That is really great. That is one lb you'll never have to lose again! I've never really looked into scrapbooking but I'm glad you found something that you can make as a reward! Mine is usually clothes.
Crystal, hope you have a great day! Does your sister have fast labors since she's already had 7 kids?? I still can't get over that number. I saw cheaper by the dozen the other day and I thought 3 kids was alot! LOL. I don't see how your body could recover from that many pregnancies. And I have fell in love with flylady too. I guess it's weird how keeping a clean house makes me feel so good about myself. But before I starting her routines I would hit and miss on cleaning and heaven forbid someone unexpectedly stop by, I would have been embarrased if it was a day I didn't start cleaning until the evening. But now my house is clean everyday and looks so nice and smells so nice! lol. My Dh could see a difference in me because of it and that made me feel even better. I checked out that organizedhome.com and they have great things to print and such but I still like flylady more. The 15 min a day is a great thing for me. After I get all the zones done my house will be spectacular and only take me 15 min a day to maintain!!! That is what is really motivating me. :)
Penny, please don't be down on yourself. Maybe it's time to ditch SB and try something that you don't have to go off plan for. I know you lose well on SB but it's not easy for you to do 100% of the time. We are here for you! Don't give up and don't feel bad about posting even if you were off plan. Goodness knows I do it enough ,lol. I hope today is a better day for you.
Geri, I've been wanting that red head to go for some time on Idol. He's just not versatile enough. I really liked Diana's performance. She is so young with such talent. Who do you think will be in the bottom 3 tonight? I think it will be the red head, Diana (not because she is bad but because she is usually there) and Jennifer. But we'll see tonight. Let's hope red leaves. And I thought your name for TOM was so funny. He really is, lol. Hope you work those cookies off today :)
Michelle, sounds like you are trying out new recipes, that is great! You have to have variety to stick to a plan I always say. When I started WW I bought new cookbooks, subscribed to cooking magazines because I didn't want to get bored with my food. And now I make it a habit to try new dishes every week.
Well, Ginny? Oh Ginny??? Where are you??? Come out come out where ever you are! I miss you!!!! Hope things are good for you! And I hope you get your WI today and see good results!!!
OK, so today I plan on getting my morning routine done, 15 min in my bedroom (today I'm cleaning off dressers, end tables, and desks) will probably take longer than 15 min, but that is ok. And then I'm just going to relax. Dinner last night was soooooo good. Country chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and corn. Tonight is spaghetti! One of my favorite meals. What is everyone else having?
Guess I better get off here and get my day started. TTYL!!!

Chubba
04-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Starting a new thread...see you there.